Steamers Restaurant & Catering Reviews

Steamers Restaurant & Catering 7
  • Alexis

Alexis Hewes · Married on 05/30/2019

Amazing Food!

We hired Chris for a rehearsal BBQ prior to our wedding. The food was out of this world! He created a menu that was perfect us and he and his team did everything from start to finish with no stress on us! I would hire Chris again a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Rachel · Married on 04/19/2019

Wow wow wow!

The Steamers team went above and beyond for our wedding festivities and we couldn't have been happier! We hired them for our rehearsal dinner/welcome party and our wedding, and I wish we could have hired them for the whole week! Chris absolutely killed it in the kitchen, the food was incredible (we barely had any leftovers!), and his team's service was out of this world.

We had a few guests with dietary restrictions and Chris went out of his way to prepare special dishes for them, separately from the rest of the food. It made our guests feel well taken care of and put us at ease, it's those little extras that really go a long way!

I have to give a special shout out to his assistant, Yani, who was exceptional - she went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed at all times. During cocktail hour, we were busy taking pictures obviously, so I asked for a plate of apps - she came all the way down to the beach in 30 mph winds to bring us crabcakes! She treated the entire wedding party with amazing attention!

Thanks again, Steamers, can't wait to come back to OBX and see you all again!

Sent on 04/28/2019
    Steamers Restaurant & Catering 8
    Steamers Restaurant & Catering 9
    Steamers Restaurant & Catering 10

Vanessa S. · Married on 10/13/2018

Delicious food, friendly staff

Steamers catered our daughter's wedding at the outer banks recently. Many of the guests commented on how delicious the food was and others commented on the friendliness of the staff. Wonderful food and experience!

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • Hayley

Hayley · Married on 08/04/2018

couldn't of found a better place to cater our wedding

our experience with the Steamers team and Chris was AMAZING. Chris did such an amazing job making the menu work for us, made changes to accommodate me the picky Groom haha and more importantly made my now wife VERY HAPPY. The team made us feel like VIPs, better yet like friends, every time we came to visit or try some food. I can't recommend them more, they are a team you will not regret going with. They work with your budget and make you feel like your getting twice the amount of options then any other place, and the quality of the food was beyond our expectations.

One last thing, it might be small but to me it was such a big deal. They made sure to get us a taste of everything the night of the wedding. Whether it was having a plate of appatizers for us to try ready for grabbing during photos or after the cerimony, or setting aside one of each thing to insure we got what we wanted for dinner. Plus Chris and my wife surprised me with my own personal meal.

Steamers is one of the reasons our wedding was so truly an amazing experience. Please go and try it for your self. You will not only have an amazing time on one of the most important nights of your life , but you will also gain friends life long friends.

Sent on 03/03/2019

Lori · Married on 08/02/2018

Steamers is by far the ONLY caterer that anyone should consider for ANY event in OBX! Incredible response time, menu ideas and staff. Chris and his entire team were true professionals and their food was absolutely amazing!

Sent on 08/09/2018
    Steamers Restaurant & Catering 11
    Steamers Restaurant & Catering 12

Courtney · Married on 06/02/2018

Steamer’s and Chef Chris were the best wedding caterer that we could have asked for. From the moment we sat down with Chris at our tasting, we knew his delicious food was what we wanted to serve at our wedding. He was very flexible, helpful, and responsive through the entire planning process. And everything turned out great! His whole team was wonderful, the food was fantastic, and the bartending service was perfect. We can’t wait to eat at Steamer’s on our next trip down to OBX!!!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Matt · Married on 06/01/2018

Chris and team did an excellent job throughout the entire process. Always responsive and flexible by far one of our favorite vendors. Having been to weddings and tastings with friends I always feel like the food wedding day isnt as good as the tasting which I guess is to be expected when cooking for 150+ people. Steamers cooked everything fresh the day of and the quality met if not exceeded the tasting. Throughout the night we consistently had guests complimenting the food and service. Steamers was the most expensive of our quotes (also our favorite of the tastings) however the quality of the food and service (both leading up to and day of) made it worth every penny as we never had a single concern that it would turn out great!

Sent on 06/11/2018
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 06/01/2018

Definitely exceeded expectations!

Chris and his whole team were absolutely wonderful. Every member of his team was professional and attentive. It was wonderful to have such a great group of people be a part of our special day! They made everything flow perfect and really went above the call of duty. They made delicious catering look effortless in 90 degrees! The food was fantastic. It was all served at the perfect temperatures and tasted great! My guests were all able to enjoy their food at the same time even with the buffet. The seafood bisque was our favorite! We highly recommend the professionals from Steamers for any celebration or event!

Sent on 11/01/2018
    Steamers Restaurant & Catering 17
    Steamers Restaurant & Catering 18
    Steamers Restaurant & Catering 19

Jennifer · Married on 05/29/2018

We got married in OBX on 5-29-2018. As difficult as it is, planning a wedding from 600+ miles away, Chris made our experience amazing! He was very professional, and spoke with me numerous times over the phone and by email. He answered all of our questions and gave suggestions we didn't even think of! We got married at a rental house on the beach. Chris and his team showed up for our wedding and took over the kitchen to create a delicious meal for our guests! We had so many compliments on the food, it was more than we could ever ask for! I highly recommend Steamers Catering for any event in the OBX. I'm sure we will be back again - and definitely look forward to visiting the restaurant! We were impressed from the beginning to the end. Thank you so much, Chris and everyone who helped with our special day!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/25/2018

Chris and his team at Steamers were so great to work with! We chose Steamers because they truly listened to what we wanted at our wedding and made it happen no matter what! Chris was responsive and helpful. He always ensured that everything was going to work out (even when we had very specific requests). They catered our rehearsal, wedding day and brunch the next morning. Everyone raved about the food the entire time (and not many people rave about wedding food!). The raw bar we added was a huge hit! The staff was so easy-going and fun on my wedding day as well! Chris truly cares about his clients and wants to make their day extra special for them and it shows through his food and his staff. We couldn't have been happier choosing Steamers to cater our entire wedding!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Patricia · Married on 05/19/2018

We had Steamers cater our son's rehearsal dinner/welcome party last week. This was a "destination wedding" and the event took place in the busy event house. Steamers went above and beyond all expectations when they came into a chaotic environment and professionally assessed the options for set up and proceeded to organize our welcome party amid fifty or more guests. The food was OUTSTANDING! The staff was OUTSTANDING! Thank you, Chef and Owner Chris, and all your staff. We are still getting positive feedback from our guests! We highly recommend Steamers. Kudos.

Sent on 05/27/2018

Megan · Married on 05/11/2018

We could not have asked for a more perfect catering experience. Chris is so easy to work with and the food is excellent!! They take care of every single detail of dinner service and you can rest assured you’re in good hands. I could not be more appreciative to Chris and his amazing staff. They go above and beyond!!

Sent on 05/19/2018
    Steamers Restaurant & Catering 20
    Steamers Restaurant & Catering 21
    Steamers Restaurant & Catering 22
  • I

Ivy · Married on 05/10/2018

Oh I can't say enough about every aspect of our event. Chris (and Chris!) along with all the team were amazing! originally I wanted the dinner on the beach but die to weather we had to move it inside. Even though it was close quarters as the guests we never noticed them through out the night. As an owner of a catering company I had high expectations and they blew it out of the water! All my guests have said it was the best meal of the week! I had to step out during set up and when I arrived back I was given a small dish (as I was starving!) and it was amazing, it was even more amazing an hour later. Our menu included everything we wanted, oh wait.... the deserts! Get the variety, you need them all!! Below is the Key Lime Cake. I'll add our dinner pictures once I get them!

Sent on 05/28/2018
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 04/27/2018

We used Steamers for our rehearsal dinner. We wanted to do something different and not just a sit down dinner so we used their “Welcome Party” option. Our guests LOVED it!! Not only was the food amazing, they loved being able to mingle and hang out with each other, and not even have to leave our beach house. We loved having several different dishes to choose from and the presentation was awesome. The service was also top notch. The guys worked so hard to make sure everything was perfect, left the kitchen spotless and were even accommodating for the food allergies we had. We 100% would recommend them!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Cheryl · Married on 04/07/2018

We had Steamers come to our house in Corolla for a 50th Wedding Anniversary dinner. The staff were so friendly and professional, and the food prepared for us was top notch, from appetizers to dessert. Highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/08/2018

Megan · Married on 07/01/2017

My husband and I got married two weekends ago at Jennette's Pier and used Steamer's as our caterer for the wedding. They were absolutely AMAZING! Kyle and I had always wanted a morning wedding with a brunch menu, and right away, Steamer's offered to create this for us, despite the fact that they are typically open for lunch/dinner. They took all of our ideas and created a perfect menu that fit our vision for the special day! Throughout the entire planning process, they continued to help us make adjustments and changes, as needed, and were always super responsive to emails/questions. Their catering manager, Courtney, was FANTASTIC to work with and helped to make Steamer's one of our favorite vendors for our wedding! When the wedding day finally arrived, the food looked and tasted better than I could have imagined! Our guests swear that it was the best breakfast food that they have ever tasted. I will definitely be visiting this Steamer's during every OBX beach trip and would highly recommend them for your next event! :)

Sent on 07/12/2017

Michael · Married on 06/26/2017

We had a wedding on the beach in Corolla and had Steamers do the catering in the private house we had rented for the week. First, the planning was easy and working with Chris and Courtney was great. We did a tasting at the restaurant and knew right away this was the caterer for us. They showed up at the house about 4 hours before the ceremony and started settling up and cooking. The food was off the hook delicious. They were professional, friendly, and went out of their way to make everything perfect for us. We feel like we got the best of the best

Mary Beth and Michael

Sent on 07/12/2017
  • Giovanna

Giovanna · Married on 06/16/2017

Amazing! From the setup, the happy hour, the dinner and the cleanup, everything was perfect! They were on time and everything was fantastic. They even made plates for bride and groom to make sure we ate! They made sure everything was perfect, including serving cake and champagne. They brought all dishes, silverware, plates, linens. Best decision to use them! Thank you for the great service!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Christie · Married on 09/02/2016

Oh where to start... First off you have to use steamers for any private event you have in OBX ... Whether it's a dinner party, wedding reception, birthday... They are amazing. The food was fantastic, Chris and Linda are the sweetest people! We had a change of venue 3 days before our wedding due to unforeseen circumstances, not only did they accommodate us, Linda was on the phone calling everyone she knew to help us! We will be using them for years to come!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/28/2016

We could not be more grateful to the incredible team at Steamers for making our wedding week more spectacular than we could have imagined! The food was AMAZING! Their staff was knowledgable, professional and fun! The tasting was awesome and the planning was a breeze! We will forever be grateful for choosing Steamers to cater our wedding events.

Sent on 03/28/2018

Lauren · Married on 08/19/2016

Steamers is absolutely amazing! Chris (the chef) and Courtney (the catering manager) are the kindest, most wonderful people. From our first initial call to the tasting it was evident they loved their job and were happy to accommodate whatever we imagined for our wedding day. On the day of the wedding our outside dinner was rained out, and they changed locations and worked with the time schedule change seamlessly. Courtney checked that I had food and was okay many times during the evening. Everyone from the bartenders to the servers were so sweet and pleasant. Finally, the best part- the FOOD! It was absolutely delicious and everyone continually raved about the quality. The oysters were unreal, the appetizers were perfect, and then entrees were delicious. Awesome people, the best food, and I would highly recommend them for ANY catering event. Thank you, Steamers! :)

Sent on 08/23/2016

Brittany · Married on 08/06/2016

Book with Steamers! I worked with Courtney and Chris and was so happy with everything they provided on my wedding day. Honestly, they were one of the best parts of the what I did that day ;). I found out about Steamers at OBX wedding expo after researching a ton of places. What really struck me about them was the service and professionalism that was provided. I received calls and emails in the timeliest manner compared the rest of my inquiries. I also spoke with the coordinator (Courtney) and chef (Chris) in the initial meeting which really solidified my opinion on Steamers. We were all able to incorporate great ideas into the final plans for our station/banquet type reception. Everyone on staff went above and beyond what was expected (and trust me that was a lot) throughout the night. All of our guests are still raving about how we had the best food that they ever had at a wedding. This gem is one of the best finds that my husband and I have found on the beach, and the best part is, we can still come back and enjoy some of our favorites at the restaurant's new location. I really couldn't say enough about how much we loved having Steamers cater our wedding!!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Adrienne · Married on 05/20/2016

We loved working with Steamers, Chris and Courtney were so responsive and helpful, and are so passionate about what they do. Before the event they worked with us to tailor everything to our preferences, they were willing to really customize the event for us. And the actual event was great, the food was AMAZING! We had multiple guests tell us that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding, and we still have guests talking about the magic scallops and the bisque. I would recommend them to any food lovers getting married in the Outer Banks, I just wish I could have them cater my daily life!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Kelley · Married on 10/01/2015

Working with Chris and his team was amazing! Being from out of town I spoke with Chris multiple times throughout the planning of my wedding and he not only helped us with our food he helped us with a plan for the wedding ceremony and reception! Chris even helped my grandmother get her plate of food at dinner that night! The food was phenomenal and everyone raved about how it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding! Everything was above and beyond!

Sent on 10/08/2015