Stage Neck Inn Reviews

28 | York, ME

28 Reviews for Stage Neck Inn

28 Stage Neck Inn Reviews

Courtney · Married on 09/02/2018

The Stage Neck Inn was the perfect spot for our Labor Day Weekend wedding. We were searching for the perfect Seacoast venue for our wedding, and the Stage Neck Inn really had it all-- breathtaking location, indoor and outdoor areas with the ability to keep the party going until 11pm, amazing food, and friendly, helpful staff. Dawn Whittemore, the wedding coordinator, knows her stuff, is cool and collected, and made sure that everything ran seamlessly for our wedding. No question fazed her, she went out of her way to accommodate our requests, and her easy-going, professional manner kept us calm even when planning a wedding from afar. The rest of the team at the Stage Neck Inn is also wonderful. The wait staff during the cocktail hour and reception was so helpful and attentive-- and they even followed me (the bride) around to make sure I got enough to eat! Scott was particularly great. And the food was suburb-- we got only raves, and the chef made sure to accommodate our gluten free and kosher guests. Such an ideal location for a celebration in Seacoast NH and Maine! Thank you for a wonder time and great memories!

Stage Neck Inn 1
    Stage Neck Inn 2

Blair · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I got married at the Stage Neck Inn on Saturday, 9/23/17, and WOW – we were so happy and pleased with our decision! We reside in NJ and looked at many venues in the Ogunquit/York area for our destination wedding. We both loved and decided to go with the Stage Neck – and we were blown away by everything! Impeccable grounds and view of the harbor for our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour, reasonable wedding package $, updated guest rooms, superior quality of food, beyond courteous service, and ease of working with Dawn, Stage Neck’s onsite wedding coordinator. We 100% do not regret our decision! Our guests, most of whom had never been to southern Maine before, loved the views, food, and service. I was so thankful to have worked with Dawn – she replied to every question I had with patience and urgency, took care of my vendors before and on the day-of, helped our families, wedding party, husband and I with everything, and made sure every detail was taken care of with the upmost professionalism. Further, I cannot say enough about the Stage Neck Inn staff who worked our wedding – Bob, the bartender, was awesome, and Katie and the other servers were top-notch – I was even notified that my dinner was served so it didn’t get cold sitting on the table (yes, I actually had a chance to eat, which I hear most brides don’t get that luxury). The price for the quality of food was insane – I am a self-proclaimed foodie and everything I ate (coconut chicken finger, lamb lollipop, poke wonton, risotto cake, oysters on the half shell, lobster bisque, dinner rolls, seafood stuffed haddock, NY strip and even the daily included breakfast buffet) was outstanding and so fresh. Finally, I had several guests, including my mom, with Celiac disease, and Dawn and the staff accommodated my gluten-free/no contamination requests, including supplying GF dinner rolls! Dawn and the Stage Neck – thank you so much for making our wedding day so incredibly special! -Adam and Blair

Dee · Married on 05/27/2017

This location is unsurpassed, a gem, the scenery is GORGEOUS, the staff here was so respectful and accommodating, and just downright AMAZING. Dawn made it all so easy, you couldn't ask for more. The food was PERFECT. Not one complaint at all from ANYONE at our wedding. Everyone raved about the location, the food, the service, they said it was the best wedding they ever went to. :-) I will tell you that is near impossible to pull off, and THEY DID IT WITH SMILES AND GRACE.

Cara · Married on 07/22/2016

My fiance and I were looking for a location for our wedding that had beach views and one that was also affordable. The Stage Neck Inn offers gorgeous views and also a great Friday night package that includes the DJ, cake, all the food and the reception and ceremony space. I find wedding planning very stressful so to be able to have primary vendors included was key for me! Also, Dawn has been very responsive to my email questions which I greatly appreciate. Can't wait for our wedding next year. Will provide a review after the big day!

Krisitna · Married on 07/16/2016

AMAZING and INCREDIBLE venue!! My husband and I were married at Stage Neck this summer on 7/16/16 and it was the truly the best day of our lives. We had looked a many other venues in York before coming to Stage Neck and once we visited we knew it was the perfect place for our special day. We were on a budget and Stage Neck offered different packages and we found one that we could afford that included appetizers during cocktail hour, dinner, dessert, and a DJ! The ceremony view at Stage Neck is spectacular. The reception room also has a beautiful view of the ocean! The new layout has a lot of space for guests during cocktail hour and for dancing the night away! Dawn is the best wedding coordinator and was great from day one. I had many questions and she always took the time to email or call back right away. She was always nice and I never felt like I was a bother, even though I emailed and called a lot. I had no worries at all about the ceremony or reception thanks to Dawn! We were able to go to a food tasting a few months before our wedding and the food was delicious!! We had fun meeting other couples getting married at Stage Neck that year and made some new friends. Many of our guests have told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to! Thank you so much Stage Neck Inn for helping make our dream wedding a reality!!

My fiance and I are having a small wedding on a small budget; this place has breathtaking view, a DJ, and excellent food.

K · Married on 05/06/2016

We have no doubt that we chose the right place to have our wedding. The Stage Neck staff and Dawn (wedding coordinator) are true professionals, and our beautiful wedding went off without a hitch. She set up our decorations the day of so we wouldn't have to worry about it. They were also very flexible with any requests. The Friday package made this beautiful venue so reasonable as it included the ceremony, awesome DJ Fred, gorgeous and delicious cake by MaryAnn Kane and all taxes and gratuity. We seriously paid one bill, and didn't have to worry about much of anything on our wedding day except having a great time. I highly recommend the Stage Neck Inn!

Courtney · Married on 09/11/2015

Words cannot express how happy we were with our decision to have our wedding reception at stage neck. First and foremost the inn itself has the most gorgeous setting right on a cliff with ocean views. Our guests which had never been to this area were just wowed by the views. We planned this from out of state and the coordinator Dawn was very helpful with all my questions throughout the process. She truly made the experience stress free especially on the wedding day. While we did not have the ceremony here, the reception went so smoothly. I did not have to worry about anything. The food was great with many guests giving compliments. The staff made sure the bridal party got some food while taking pictures which was much appreciated. Our wedding package came with a dj and cake which were both great as well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this venue to any brides looking for a picturesque location with top notch service.

Courtney · Married on 06/20/2015

The Stage Neck Inn was everything I ever hoped it would be. My wedding day was perfect and Dawn was so easy to work with. I wish the day never ended. We cannot wait to return to Stage Neck for our anniversary.

Janice · Married on 05/09/2015

We absolutely loved having our wedding at the Stage Neck Inn. We live in California and I was a bit concerned that everything would come out perfect. It did. Dawn the wedding coordinator is awesome to work with. She is such a pro and one can tell she has been doing this a while and nothing surprises her. It was a pleasure to work with her. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous. Saying "I do" over the Atlantic in this breath taking location is priceless. I talked to all of my guests and they all absolutely loved the location and everyone had a great time. The attention to detail that Dawn has for weddings is fabulous and I highly recommend this venue for anyone considering a wedding along the Maine coast. We looked at quite a few venues from Massachusetts to Maine along the water and for what we wanted, nothing came close to what Stage Neck Inn could offer us.

Christine · Married on 09/14/2014

Perfect setting, perfect venue, amazing staff, perfect vendors (DJ Fred was awesome and Mary Ann's cupcakes were delish), and Dawn all combine for making a perfect day. Dawn was amazing throughout the process, providing patient guidance and sage advise, and then coordinating the perfect wedding day. Every guest has told me it was one of the best weddings ever.

Andrew · Married on 07/19/2014

We cannot thank the Stage Neck Inn and their event planner, Dawn Whitemore enough for such an amazing wedding. We were a same-sex couple and they treated us like they would treat anyone. Dawn was AMAZING to work with who made wedding planning so easy. The food was absolutely fabulous and of course the views were to die for. We cannot thank the Stage Neck enough!!!

Lisa · Married on 08/02/2013

I can't say enough about the Stage Neck Inn! It was by far the most beautiful wedding! The food was fabulous and the view breathtaking. I have received many compliments and would highly recommend it to my friends. The staff was very friendly and they went out of their way to make it perfect!!

Lisa · Married on 08/02/2013

Stage Neck Inn was wonderful! Many people told me (mother of the bride) that it was the most beautiful wedding that they had ever attended. The food was fabulous! We received an immediate response whenever we had questions. The setting was so beautiful and we are all very pleased with the entire wedding!

Elise · Married on 09/08/2012

My husband and I fell upon the Stage Neck while on our wedding to see another wedding venue. We were amazed at the beautiful views, so we decided to stay a night. The rooms were gorgeous, meals divine and the beds were really comfortable. We met with Dawn Whittemore in the wedding department and decided that we wanted to get married there. Dawn was thorough but not overwhelming. You can tell she does this for a living. She had a great timeline (for all of you brides out there that need a date of when things will happen, Dawn is perfect for that and for you brides that want someone else to handle it, Dawn is perfect with that too). It really is the best place, ever! Dawn handled everything except meal choice and place cards. My other vendors (entertainment, florist, etc) spoke and delivered to her and my job on the day was to relax, and boy was I able to.

The Stage Neck also provided catering for my wedding. The food was to die for. We did a tasting and narrowed our meals down to 3. We provided a choice of 3 on our invitations and we heard such amazing things from the guests on the meals. The Food is so fresh and so elegantly prepared, you really can't go wrong with any choice!

The clincher for the Stage Neck was the view. How can you beat getting married on the ocean, but on a 'borderline' cliff. It's gorgeous and was the talk of my wedding.

We plan on returning to the Stage Neck every year for our anniversary. It is the most amazing place. Once you see it, you will know what I mean!

Thanks to Dawn & everyone at the Stage Neck for the most wonderful experience!

Anne · Married on 11/12/2011

The Stage Neck Inn was a place we always dreamed of having our wedding but thought it would be too expensive for us. Not at all the case! The Stage Neck was not only affordable but provided us with best wedding experience possible. The views are picture perfect, the atmosphere lovely and the food is to die for. Not to mention the staff, starting with Dawn, who walked us every step through our perfect day. Dawn met with us numerous times to discuss and take care of all the details, and made sure we had not one worry on our wedding day. The service during our reception was also wonderful. Even before everything started, one of the staff members carried my dress to my room and made sure everything else was taken care of. We couldn't imagine our wedding taking place any where but the Stage Neck Inn, and anyone looking for a beautiful place to get married with wonderful staff and should choose here.

Candice · Married on 10/23/2010

AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING! Upon our first visit I fell in love with the property, and couldn't wait to get married out on the lawn overlooking the ocean. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. The wedding coordinator for the Stage Neck, Dawn, was outstanding. She was so helpful from start to finish. She is a true professional who really knows what she's doing. She also set us up with vendors, including a DJ and cake maker, both who delivered exceptional service. The service from everyone at the Stage Neck was perfect. The front desk staff was extremely helpful. The entire property, including the guest rooms, was impeccably maintained. The food was outstanding at our reception. I highly recommend the seafood stuffed haddock. Our guests were so impressed with the beauty of the Inn and the impeccable service that they are planning on going back on their own for vacation.

• O

Michael · Married on 10/10/2010

Everyone knows about the beautiful and spectacular location of the Stage Neck Inn. It's the primary reason why most couples select it as their wedding venue. But it's true beauty is the manner in which these dedication professionals go about their business, and their attention to detail. When a true wedding professional like Dawn Whittemore takes responsibility of your special occasion, the quiet manner in which all things perform is truely special. Your entire staff is to be commended and congratulated. Well Done!!

Michelle · Married on 10/02/2010

We recently got married at Stage Neck Inn. It was a Saturday evening wedding with 80 guests. We held our ceremony outside overlooking the ocean, which was simply beautiful!! Our appetizers were also outside, and were absolutely delicious. We highly recommend the coconut chicken! The reception itself was in the Harborview Room. The room was a good size for 80 and we had plenty of room for dancing.

Dawn was wonderful from the beginning. She worked with us and our budget and was very flexible to our needs and desires. We could not have asked for a more receptive and professional coordinator. She helped us plan the event, figure out what we need, and anticipate what else we may require.

We will highly recommend this place to our friends and loved ones, and highly recommend to those of you looking for a place. Our wedding truly was a dream for us – and Dawn (and Stage Neck) helped make it happen!

Stacy · Married on 09/20/2009

Stageneck Inn was professional, provided incredible service and nice little touches to my wedding that I wasn't expecting (like fresh iced tea and coffee while guests arrive for the ceremony). The rooms and inn was amazingly clean, fresh, and very cozy. I can't say enough about the amazing views and varied picture taking opportunities including the beach, lawn over looking the ocean, fresh pond with the ocean back drop and boats in harbor.

Lissa · Married on 05/22/2010

We recently were married in York, Maine and held our reception at the Stage Neck Inn in the Harborview Room. It was a great experience from start to finish! Dawn was a huge help, providing suggestions along the way and answered every question that I threw her way. Prior to the wedding day we were able to test ideas for a signature drink and last minute ideas on appetizers - Dawn and all staff were very accomodating!

Our wedding day was a dream and I would do it again and again! The Stage Neck was beautiful, our friends and family are still raving about the location and food - which was absolutely fantastic!

A great place for a great wedding!

Kristen · Married on 09/07/2014

The Stage Neck Inn is a perfect venue for a Maine oceanfront wedding. My husband and I were married there in the fall of 2014, and we definitely chose the right place for us. The Stage Neck Inn offers discounted pricing for Friday evening and Sunday afternoon weddings, which made it affordable for us. The wedding coordinator Dawn was very helpful and answered all of our questions. She definitely allowed us to make our special day our own, and the staff was great at making sure everything was set up behind the scenes without me (the bride) having to worry about the details. The food was great as well, and the DJ who came with our wedding package was a lot of fun. I would highly recommend this venue!

Anissa · Married on 10/02/2009

The Stage Neck was a perfect choice for us. We got married outside and it was so pretty. It was simple and the ocean spoke for itself! Just what we wanted. Besides being a beautiful setting, I can't say enough nice things about Dawn Whittemore, our wedding coordinator at the Stage Neck. She was beyond incredible. Very professional and experienced. No matter what request we made, we never heard "no" come out of her mouth. She worked with our budget to make sure we had a beautiful day. We had quite a few particulars, and she took care of all of them. The service was so good, the staff was friendly, and the food was delicious! Our wedding was a dream come true. We couldn't have asked for more. Thank you Dawn!

Daniel · Married on 06/03/2012

We had the most amazing wedding at the Stage Neck Inn on June 3rd 2012. The Inn provides a beautiful coastal New England setting, complete with a 270* water view. They have a resident wedding coordinator, Dawn, who was GREAT in helping us both plan for, and feel good about our special day.

Everyone enjoyed the food, music, and ambiance of the entire service and reception, and since we were wed on a Sunday, all of it was included in their package deal price. The food service was prompt and courteous. Although it was raining on the day of our wedding, their "Plan B" for Sundays is a gorgeous hall with HUGE windows looking out over the ocean. Although a wedding can be thrown for less (or much more) than the Stage Neck charges, the quality of service and their Sunday package price left us feeling as though we received a very good VALUE.

We would not have changed one thing about our wedding, perhaps not even the rainy weather because the mood in that room was so great.

Thank you Dawn and the Stage Neck Inn for helping us celebrate our marriage!