St. Augustine Weddings & Special Events Reviews

70 | Saint Augustine, FL

70 Reviews for St. Augustine Weddings & Special Events

Ashton · Married on 05/16/2015

Mrs. Karen was the best decision that I made! She was always there to help out. She kept me very calm through the whole process and kept reassuring us that everything was going to be great. The day of my wedding could not have run any smoother then it did. She was not under my wing at all times but she was always within distance to help or fix anything I needed. I highly recommend Mrs. Karen for anyone who is planning a wedding. I will always remember her as the one who made my day perfect!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Molly · Married on 04/18/2015

I was torn on whether or not to hire a day of coordinator. I was about 3 months out from my wedding and feeling fairly comfortable and thought I could probably do it myself. I was encouraged to call Karen Erwin with St. Augustine Weddings and Events and I am so glad I did!

First off, Karen is very professional and right away I felt confident that she knew what she was doing. After our first phone call, I could feel a weight lift off my shoulders and knew that Karen would take care of everything for my wedding day. She does more than just "day of" work. She works right away reviewing contracts and asks tons of questions so she fully understands the wedding you want. At the one month mark, I talked more to Karen than my own mom.

I had planned an outdoor ceremony and reception. The week of Karen and I had been tracking the weather and it did not look good. The day before my wedding, on Friday, I made the decision to move the entire reception indoors and Karen took care of EVERYTHING. Not only did I move the reception indoors, it also got pushed back a few hours due to venue availability. She called every single vendor notifying them the change and redid the entire timeline. My reception was fabulous and you couldn't tell that it was "Plan B." I couldn't imagine having to do that myself on the day before my wedding. It was flawless.

Every vendor I worked with said "Karen is the best." They are right. If you are looking for a planner or a day of coordinator, you will be in the best hands with St. Augustine Weddings and Special Events.

Sent on 05/06/2015

If you want a great wedding planning experience, hire Karen! Hands down, you will not regret it!! Karen is AMAZING at her job and she is truly the best in the business! I could not have imagined my wedding planning and wedding day without her! She is very knowledgeable and has a calming personality, which helps make wedding planning a little less chaotic. She is helpful throughout the planning process, but exceptionally so for the two weeks leading up to the wedding day. The wedding night, her and her crew work like a well-oiled machine in making all the details fall perfectly into place. You can rest assured that your wedding day will run as perfect as possible with her in charge. She handles any extra details without a bit of stress to the bride and groom. She even checked us into our lodging and had our overnight bags waiting for us when we got there! She makes you a perfect timeline for the week of the wedding, which makes things run so smoothly. When we met with other vendors to discuss the details, they would always tell us "Karen is the best!" We knew she was fabulous before our wedding day, but the fact that our wedding night ran so seamlessly only solidified our thoughts. It can be stressful attempting to finalize details with all of the vendors individually, so Karen handles all this for you. As a bride, she will make you feel at ease throughout the process. HIRE KAREN! She will not only keep you sane, you will meet someone who truly cherishes her job and puts in 110% all the time. I'm blessed to have found a wedding planner that I now consider a friend.

Sent on 05/21/2015

Dawn · Married on 10/25/2014

My daughter, Allee, got engaged in Feb of 2014 and the wedding date was set for Oct. 25, 2014. She lives in St. Simons Island. Ga., I live in Centerville,Ga and the wedding was to be in St. Augustine, Fl. Upon meeting Karen, I knew I wanted her to be our wedding planner! She is so knowledgable and professional and her quiet, calm personality attracted Allee and I to her. Every single vendor that she suggested far exceeded our expections. Karen walked through every meeting with us and watched my money as if it were her own. She always kept us on track with a timeline. The phone conservations were such a great help because I didn't have to travel to Fl so much. The wedding ran so smoothly and I was able to enjoy it because Karen took care of EVERYTHING! She is an unbelieveable wedding planner and we were so blessed to have found her. Now I feel like she is part of my family!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Debbie · Married on 10/11/2014

If I listed all the ways in which Karen and her team exceeded my expectations, this post would never end. Perhaps, instead, the best endorsement I can give her is that I was never nervous about my wedding, even on THE day, because I knew it was in such wonderful hands! I was not running around at the last minute trying to finish things up, nor was I ever anxious about my vendors arriving and delivering the right things at the right time. Instead, I was relaxed and able to enjoy my weekend with family and friends.

Karen is extremely professional and organized. She has a trusted network of vendors and made excellent recommendations for my destination wedding. When I came into town to meet with vendors, Karen planned my schedule so that my time was used productively and efficiently. Her vast experience meant that she knew all the elements that needed to come together and handled them all with ease. I highly, HIGHLY recommend her services!

Thank you so much, Karen, for helping me put together a perfect wedding, but especially for making it such a wonderful and stress-free experience for me and my family!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Molly · Married on 08/30/2014

Karen was the most amazing wedding planner ever!!! I was an out of town bride who only visited St. Augustine 3 times during the 13 months that I planned my wedding and Karen definitely went the extra mile to make sure our wedding was everything we wanted it to be. Each and every vender she suggested was the perfect fit for us. Being from out of town we would've had no idea who to call and she took care of every detail. I even changed my wedding from outside to inside on the day of the rehearsal and no one could tell. It ended up be more beautiful than the original plan. She attended every appointment with me, and even called me while on her vacation 2 weeks before my wedding! Her team the day of the wedding made me feel very comfortable. We walked into our reception and it was more than anything I could've ever dreamed and I know it was due to Karen Erwin and her amazing team. They made me feel at home. From the beginning my mother said she didn't want to lift a finger the day of the wedding and I can definitely say neither of us had to do a thing and it was the most beautiful wedding we have ever been too. I cannot say enough about how patient, caring, understanding, and helpful Karen is. I am honestly upset that I will not be talking to her once a week! There is no one else in the world that I would've trusted with biggest day of my life except her. If you are getting married in St. Augustine, FL there is truly no one better than Karen Erwin. I will never be able to thank her enough for everything she did for myself, my new husband, and our families. It was truly a magical day and it's all thanks to her.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Crystal · Married on 06/12/2014

I have worked in the wedding industry in St. Augustine for many years and have always admired Karen Erwin & her company, St. Augustine Weddings & Special Events. Always professional, organized, and on top of her game, Karen is one of the best in the area. As a Catering Manager in a private Country Club, I have worked with many brides in assisting them with setting up their details, coordinating their bridal party, and boxing up their personal items at the end of the night. I knew I wouldn't want to do this for my own wedding. I called Karen - and I couldn't have made a better decision! While I wanted to do most of the details myself, it was so nice to have Karen there to bounce ideas off of and to be given advice in matters I didn't have much experience in. While I have worked many weddings, I don't exactly get into the logostics as much as a full scale planner does. What a relief to have Karen and her team there the day of the wedding. I didn't have to worry about a thing - everything was set up perfectly - just like my vision. She ensured all my vendors were set up on time and that when I walked into the venue, I could just relax. I didn't have to stress about setting up anything - and neither did any member of my family or bridal party. We all got to enjoy being together. Karen was there every step of the way the night of the reception - always communicating with our vendors to make sure the flow of the evening continued without any hitches. Karen and the team she assembles cannot be beat - they were what allowed me, a slight control freak, to truly relax and enjoy our family and friends. I can't say thank you enough!!!!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/18/2014

STOP RIGHT HERE...DO NOT PASS GO unless you are making that call to hire Karen Erwin, owner of St Augustine Weddings & Special Events . If I could give an overall rating of PRICELESS I would. Karen's attention to detail, organization and true commitment to me as a bride far surpassed my expectation. Additionally, she was our invitation consultant as well as our additional wedding decorator. I picked all of our vendors but I knew wedding stresses were nothing I needed to worry about with Karen. She is extremely responsive, informative and a true wedding professional. She thinks of the little things to make your day that more special. All of my vendors made sure to comment to me how "on top of things she is"!!! She truly loves what she does and there isn't any other "Executive Director" that I would have chosen for my special day.

Sent on 06/21/2014

Scott · Married on 03/08/2014

If you don't think you need a wedding coordinator/planner, think again. We had 3 months to plan a wedding because the venue my wife wanted was about to go under construction. We had done most of the planning ourselves, lined up all of the vendors, and had pretty much every detailed planned. There is only so much you can do yourself. We hired Karen to oversee the preparation and running of the reception as we would not be in a position to do so. She delivered above and beyond what we could have possibly expected. She coordinated all of our vendors and everything went off perfectly. Something always goes wrong on the wedding day or some kind of problem, at least that is what every other married man told me before the wedding. Karen made sure that didn't happen and even helped us solve a billing issue over a month after the wedding. She was constantly in communication with our vendors and my wife and I. Planning a wedding is very stressful, do yourself a favor, hire Karen and let her take a lot of the stress off of you and rest assured that once the task is given to her you need not worry about it being completed to your satisfaction in a timely and professional manner. My only regret is that we had not hired her sooner in the process.

Sent on 04/28/2014

Debbie · Married on 01/25/2014

Thanks to Karen at St. Augustine Weddings and Special Events, our wedding day was absolutely a fairy tale come true for me and my daughter. Being the mother of the bride of an "older" and now very independent bride (35!), Karen was the perfect solution for keeping things moving along, calm and stress free between me and my daughter - who now had lots of ideas of her own! Karen's planning and organization skills are so amazing and so helpful, especially the timeline she prepared for us for the rehearsal and wedding days. She thought of everything! I am a native of St. Augustine and I have to tell you that Karen is known for her talents, experience and ability to coordinate any event. Her connections are unlimited and she will provide you with a day that you will never forget. She was always available, even "after hours", and she really cares about every single detail of how you want your event to be. I highly recommend that you choose St. Augustine Weddings and Special Events if you are planning a wedding or any special event here in St. Augustine, the oldest city in the United States and now one of the most popular destination wedding cities in the U.S. Karen is a woman of integrity, style and grace who gives your event 100% so that you have no worries and can actually enjoy it!

Sent on 02/27/2014

Stephanie · Married on 01/19/2014

I can't say enough regarding my experience with St. Augustine Weddings!! I live in NYC and planned my wedding long distance in St. Augustine, Fl. Our wedding venue highly recommended we work with St. Augustine Weddings & Special Events, "Karen Erwin is the best". Karen Erwin made all of my wedding dreams come true!! Karen and her staff are organized, professional, thorough and knowledgable. Having her team involved in my wedding was the best wedding gift I could have asked for! Karen has relationships with all the best wedding vendors in the St. Augustine area and will make sure your special day is flawless. I work in the project management profession and I can tell you that there is nothing better than having someone else keep you on track and within budget. Karen provided me with a list of wedding timelines including all required tasks and due dates. Karen also guided me with the following: wedding timelines, vendor management, hair artist, make-up artist, nails, scheduling a bridal party event and selecting a cake vendor and much MORE. We were over the moon with how our wedding day turned out. Currently my mom and I both are going through Karen Erwin withdrawal as she became part of family throughout the entire experience. I would not take any risks when selecting your wedding/event planner, you will not be sorry you selected St. Augustine Weddings and Special Events - they are AMAZING!!!

Sent on 02/27/2014

Carrie · Married on 12/06/2013

I have worked with Karen on countless weddings over the last 6 years. Her attention to detail and her calming personality always comes through to her brides. She is very professional and a joy to work with.

Sent on 12/06/2013

Amazing personal service and commitment to excellence

My daughter had to move her wedding TWICE due to COVID-19! Karen was with us EVERY step of the way thinking of all the details before I could even ask her. She is thoughtful, kind and professional. We are so thankful for her many years of experience and her relationships with other vendors. We are so thankful for Karen.

Sent on 07/16/2020

Ryan · Married on 04/06/2013

Could not have made it without her! Mrs. Karen Erwin's services was by far the best value we got on all of our Wedding purchases! She has the system down and with other savings that she provided us more than paid for her services! Positive, Productive, and Professional all the way through! We were glad to have someone who cared as much about our event as we did!

Sent on 04/29/2013

Lindsey · Married on 11/17/2012

Karen was such a joy to work with over the course of the year we spent planning our wedding!! I sadly lost my mother a few years before our wedding took place and was not sure who to go to with all of my many wedding related questions, I dont think I ever sent her an email without having a response in less than an hour... Her recomended vendors could not have been better!! I honestly do not think I could have been calmer on our wedding day knowing that Karen was in charge :)

Karen was able to give us the wedding of our dreams!!!!

Sent on 02/06/2013

Maartha · Married on 05/05/2012

If you are looking for someone who will do a wonderful job for your event, you will be very happy with the job Karen Erwin will do for you. She truly cares that your event will be exactly what you're looking for. She knows
    her business and I know from personal experience that she shows her clients that they are important to her. No question I had was silly. She helped us get the things done that we needed to do in a timely manner. She told us about things that we never would have thought to ask. We could not have spent money in a better way than to have Karen guide us through our daughter's wedding. We had a great event planner, and we have a friend. I would recommend Karen with question.

Sent on 05/07/2014

Karen · Married on 07/16/2011

There is not a lot in life that exceeds expectations, but working with Karen Erwin of St. Augustine Weddings and Special Events was one of those times. Our situation was a limited budget and bride and groom in law school and Karen's expertise enabled us to have an enjoyable, stress free planning process and beautiful ceremony and reception while staying within budget. Because of Karen's knowledge of vendors and her recommendations, she made all the decision making very streamlined and I know saved us more money than her cost. Every vendor we used was fantastic. As mother of the bride, with Karen at the helm at the rehearsal and on the wedding day, I was able to completely enjoy this special time and not once concern myself with any of the behind the scene details. I loved having the timelines Karen provided and the reminders along the way of what needed to accomplish when. I highly recommend Karen Erwin and St. Augustine Weddings and found her service invaluable in making my daughter's wedding day wonderful.

Sent on 02/05/2014

Leigh · Married on 07/09/2011

Karen is a remarkable wedding planner/executor! Our daughter and now son-in-law chose her after hearing great reviews and doing an online "interview" from afar. It was a perfect match, and she immediately recommended and secured the "A+" team of vendors. Every single one (photographer, DJ, florist, hair, makeup) was outstanding. Karen and the couple worked together remotely regularly on the wedding day plans, while I (as mother-of-the-bride) managed the pre- and post-wedding functions. As the wedding date approached, Karen and I connected to finish off all the (MANY) final logistics. She is very detail oriented. At one point when I was frazzled by so many last minute (unrelated) stresses, Karen got the message and backed off quietly and managed without stressing me. The wedding was EPIC (as several guests described it) and Karen and her team insured that everything went off without a hitch. A+++

Sent on 10/13/2018
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 10/16/2010

Karen Erwin was recommended via word of mouth and it was the best recommendation I ever cold have received. Karen truly made all my daughter’s visions and dreams of the perfect wedding come true. Karen created this amazing dreamlike evening. No detail was left unattended.

Karen oversaw a flawless transition from wedding to cocktail hour to reception – and all the events that took place during the reception and after were perfect.

She arranged a Limo, a Photographer, a videographer, a fabulous emotional wedding ceremony, town trolley’s giving the guests a tour and bringing them to the reception while the limousine took the wedding party around town for beautiful pictures and video’s. The reception had mood lighting, their initials on the floor, an interactive DJ playing great music, the food was “to die for”, the reception hall was so beautifully decorated – Karen created a wonderful décor that combined the old with the modern. The cocktail hour served hors d’ourves and an open bar that kept all the
    Guests happy. The reception was so fun and relaxed it was never noticed how everything progressed like clock work. And afterwards the bride and groom were met outside with sparklers while they took a horse and carriage ride around town.

The next week several quests said they loved everything about the wedding and had so much fun. In fact they said that they were still having fun just thinking about it.

Karen has a true and rare talent for bring the imagined into reality.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Trudy · Married on 02/02/2008

Karen is amazing when it comes to every facet of planning and executing 'day of' for any event!! She helped us with planning my daughter's wedding, navigating relational issues from early planning to ceremony how to's when you have blended family involved!!! She is very knowledgeable about vendors in our area, knows their pricing, and also who is easy to work with. Any venue in town loves working with Karen! She asked us about things we would have ever considered, and had lots of creative ideas(like renting trolleys for transportation). Day of, she had everything covered, and took care of any last minutes things that came up. I just relaxed and enjoyed the day, as did our bride. At the end of the day, when we asked her, our daughter said the day was perfect, it was better than she had imagined it would be!!! Thank you Karen, for making this day so special!! Wouldn't want to have a wedding without you!!!!!

Sent on 05/31/2016