St. Augustine Weddings & Special Events Reviews

70 | Saint Augustine, FL

70 Reviews for St. Augustine Weddings & Special Events

Nancy · Married on 02/03/2018

From our first phone call, I found Karen Erwin to be so organized and so professional. She knew the right questions as well as the right answers for me. Whenever I texted her she would respond quickly when she would be available to talk. She and her staff were willing to do anything to make this the dream wedding for my daughter, and it was! The entire venue had to be changed in the last couple of days and she helped orchestrate this with minimal stress to me. I had a blast at the wedding reception because Karen took care of everything. She went beyond the call of duty when she even had the bride's clothes moved from her room to the honeymoon suite because we ran out of time before the wedding. She kept me calm through this even when we arrived at the church without the wedding rings. No problem. Karen took care of that within minutes. She was a joy with whom to work and I miss her now that the wedding is over.

Sent on 02/19/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 01/13/2018

From a Father of The Bride's perspective: As a businessperson, a perfect event is one that goes smoothly, with no surprises and accomplishes the objectives professionally and efficiently. I know this is not a business event; it is far more important. My daughter's wedding was perfect, and we owe a large part of that to Karen. Everything went perfectly, every detail large and small was thought of beforehand, and on top of that, Karen arranged for a private meeting with my daughter and me right BEFORE the ceremony- a moment I will never forget, and easily one of the most special moments in my life. Thank you Karen.

As the mother of a bride who is a procrastinator, Karen guided both of us with her outstanding organizational skills, patience & professionalism. Though we booked her for "Day Of" services, Karen was available from the moment she was hired. Her top priority was the bride's complete satisfaction with not only the ceremony & reception, but with the entire planning process. She responded to every question immediately. We had regularly scheduled phone meetings for updates on what had been done & what still needed doing. She reviewed every vendor contract, scheduled meetings with vendors, & walked us through every detail at the reception site. The day of the wedding, she & her staff were on site all day with vendors, & with the bride from the church until the couple left the reception (with a solution to every potential emergency covered). An outstanding wedding/event planner makes the entire affair look effortless & enables the MOB to enjoy the special day. Karen Erwin did just that. My greatest compliment is I had complete confidence in Karen's ability to provide the perfect wedding day, and she did. I highly recommend St. Augustine Weddings and Special Events!

Sent on 02/11/2018

Reese · Married on 11/18/2017

Initially we were unsure if we needed event planning services, but investing in Karen was such a great decision. She was extremely flexible with meeting times as two working professionals meant mostly 7:30pm calls. We had identified some of our major vendors ourselves, but Karen helped on those that we were stuck on, and we loved each one she recommended.

We thought we were pretty organized and had it under control, but she helped us plan things we hadn't even thought of, like recessional music, order of reception, and all the details they don't mention on the Pinterest checklists. It made the last couple weeks much less stressful knowing we already had a plan and Karen was going to execute.

She helped guide us to planning our day so that it was smooth and everything was perfect. Her team helped fix my dress when the bustle busted and when a strap snapped. She anticipated our needs prior to and on the day of, and we couldn't be happier.

Our big day would not have been as incredible as it was without her support and guidance, we were in great hands!

Sent on 12/19/2017

Leslie · Married on 11/11/2017

From the very first day I spoke with Karen about my wedding, she was 100% dedicated to making our dream wedding happen. She spent over an hour with me on the phone the very first time we spoke - getting to know me, my fiance, and our crazy ideas for a destination wedding in St. Augustine. Each month we had a check-in with her where we reviewed the calendar (which she puts together and updates for you) and checked off tasks together. Karen handled every aspect of our wedding planning with extreme professionalism, efficiency, and most importantly, care. She was our sounding board and our voice of reason. She put us in contact with all of our vendors - and each of them far exceeded our expectations. Even though she wasn't involved in the planning of our rehearsal dinner, she suggested the venue, and it rocked! Karen helped us negotiate, stay on track budget-wise, and communicate with each vendor throughout the planning. I can say with certainty that our wedding would NOT have been what it was without Karen! She went above and beyond for us many times - meeting us on the weekend to see vendors together, following up on questions very quickly, and ensuring every detail was perfect. Our guests and wedding party could not stop complimenting her to me throughout our wedding weekend and I lost track of how many times my mom said "thank goodness for Karen!" Our moms were able to be moms and enjoy the events instead of running around coordinating everything. We absolutely consider Karen a friend now!!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Joseph · Married on 11/11/2017

St. Augustine Weddings and Special Events turned a potentially challenging destination wedding in St. Augustine into a completely relaxed, beautiful,and memorable event for all attendees, and most importantly, for the bride and groom. Karen Erwin was, and is, what every bride and groom (and mother and father of the bride and groom) hope to get when they hire a wedding planner - professional, knowledgeable, and focused on providing the couple exactly the experience they dream of in a St. Augustine wedding. Karen knows St. Augustine so well and knows how to maximize the charm and romance of the city while negotiating any potential logistical challenges. Karen also does this in a calm, friendly manner that does not intrude on the bride/groom/family's experience. She makes it all happen without being domineering, imposing,or ever-present. The outcome of our wedding weekend was a relaxed, completely enjoyable experience because Karen had planned for every potential eventuality and ensured the couple could focus on each other rather than the details of the event. Cannot come up with enough superlatives to describe Karen's outstanding performance as a planner.

Sent on 12/15/2017

Rob · Married on 11/11/2017

I cannot say enough great things about our experience working with Karen. Living in Baltimore-having an incredibly well organized planner was imperative for our dream destination wedding in St. Augustine. Karen was that, and so very much more. We chose our venue (The Treasury) and then after a few conversations with several planners we felt confident Karen was going to be the perfect fit for us. She really took the time to learn what we were looking for in our wedding (which I loved) and then cater those wants towards making some incredible recommendations from there. Every single vendor she recommended was truly the best of the best. Karen did a FANTASTIC job of working with our limited availability to make sure we maximized our time by setting up full itineraries for us when we came down for wedding planning. I heard several times from vendors that the only reason we were able to get a particular afternoon weekend appointment was because it was Karen who had requested it (her reputation is outstanding among the local vendors). Her ability to keep track of all the vendors, make suggestions on their contracts, and keep us fully aware of when money was due was beyond appreciated. Trust me-when the wedding was just a few weeks away and all the vendors were ready to be paid, having Karen there to calmly keep track of everything without our heads spinning in circles was a true blessing! The way she communicated throughout our year long planning process was crucial to my bride and I going into our wedding weekend feeling super calm and without a stress in the world. We 100% knew that Karen was on top of everything. The ability to truly just enjoy our special day is something that we cannot put a price on. Coming from an ultra involved Groom, Karen was the perfect planner for both myself and my bride. We owe her so much for helping make our wedding weekend absolutely perfect!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Hope · Married on 10/29/2017

Karen Erwin of St. Augustine Weddings & Events is the wedding planner you want to have for your special day! She is such a calm, confident, professional, and detail-oriented person who works seemlessly with all of your other vendors. So discreet- if there was an issue on our day, we never knew it. She had wonderful recommendations when searching for the perfect vendors in the initial planning. Execeptional communicator not only with myself throughout the process but also with our vendors and wedding party. I simply cannot imagine taking this planning journey with any other person. She accommodated every wish I wanted and executed them with grace. We will definitely work with Karen in the future for other events!

Sent on 11/04/2017

Allyson · Married on 10/22/2017

Having Karen working my wedding was a lifesaver. I honestly would have given up without her help and guidance. First off, she is extremely organized! She has sheets to fill out to arrange every detail of the ceremony and reception. She gives great advice on any question you may have regarding the order of events, traditions, or other details that you don’t even realize until you’re a bride. She is extremely punctual and efficient. For me, her services started about a month before the wedding. She handled communication with all my vendors and coordinated the event timeline to make sure everyone was on the same page. Whenever it looked like there could be a potential problem, she already had a back up plan in motion. She got to know me, as a person, and understand which elements were most important to me. When the weather didn’t look so good, I wasn’t even worried because I knew she would have everything under control. The day of the wedding I literally didn’t have to lift a finger, everything was already planned and discussed in advance. Everything was displayed and decorated exactly the way I wanted it to be. Her excellent service allowed me to focus on enjoying the moments with my husband, friends, and family. She even treated my family so well, everyone was impressed with her work. Her assistants were also amazing! They went above and beyond to make the day everything I wanted. Overall my wedding was everything I dreamed of and more, it was executed perfectly, thanks to Karen and her team.

Sent on 11/03/2017

Kristen · Married on 06/17/2017

My husband and I married June 2017. We had the honor of working with Karen and St. Augustine Weddings & Special Events for our reception at Hammock Dunes Club. Our wedding day went smoothly, beautifully, and was stress-free thanks to Karen and her team. Two things that set them apart from others: impeccable communication and precise attention to detail. Karen always made us feel like our wedding was the most important. She was always easily accessible via email, text, or phone call and always promptly responded. She handled communication that we did not think about, like confirming all our vendor details two weeks before the wedding. She distributed and explained the timeline to our DJ and photographer so everyone was on the same page. She even made sure she had a communication plan with key family members who had roles in the wedding so that if an issue arose, she did not have to come to us with the issue. Karen ensured that no detail was left unaccounted. She addressed details that I didn’t want to have to worry about and details I didn’t even think about…from detailed table lists to gate lists to vendor meals to the arrangement of every table and room decoration. It was a priority to us to keep our reception flowing and Karen helped create timelines and combed over details multiple times so there was no ambiguity as to our wants. The day of, my husband and I did not have to worry about where to be or when to transition from one event to another because Karen and her team were on top of it all. From greeting us at the door with our signature drink to discreetly asking us if we needed anything throughout the course of our night to assisting with scooting along guests lingering around the sweetheart table too long while we were trying to eat dinner, Karen and her team were in tune with every detail to make it the perfect day. They were the epitome of detail-oriented, thorough, warm, and professional wedding planners and coordinators.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Suzanne · Married on 04/01/2017

Karen was unbelievable! Our wish was her command. So organized, so perfect. I cannot say enough about her. She made the day go by effortlessly without a worry. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Karen.S

Sent on 04/19/2017

Don · Married on 04/01/2017

Karen was not only professional but also was thoughtful and caring. My wife and daughter were impressed and reassured throughout the process for the better part of a year.

Sent on 04/19/2017

Leanne · Married on 04/01/2017

My personal experience with Karen lasted over a year. I was planning our wedding from a distance and needed someone not only that I could rely on for advice, but someone that I could trust.
    Karen exceeded my expectations on trust and execution. She personally took the time to get to know not only me but my family. One thing that still brings tears to my eyes is how well she treated my parents – I expressed to Karen early on that I wanted my parents treated as guests of honor even though they were technically the hosts of the wedding. Karen listened and went as far as helping me choose where they sat and serving my dad his favorite drink. My wedding was a magical day full of ease and excitement because Karen took the time to listen, and make it happen.
    Karen also did a fantastic job of explaining the WHY behind our decisions. Karen has been in the industry for 10+ years, so, having her as a trusted source and sounding board for decisions was invaluable. An example of explaining the WHY is when she helped me choose a floral and décor vendor that had a showroom. I expressed to Karen I was having trouble visualizing and expressing exactly the look I wanted for the décor, so, she found a florist for me that had a showroom that we could go visit and mock up designs. That day turned out to be so much fun for my mom and me, and a memory from the wedding planning process that I will cherish forever.
    I leave my wedding day knowing that I made every right choice – from selection of vendors down to the smallest detail of linen color or first look location – Karen guided me through it all flawlessly. She knows St. Augustine inside and out and her exceptional reputation exceeds her. I cannot say enough times that Karen is truly in the right profession and any bride lucky enough to have her as a planner is in the very best hands. I feel honored to have had such a trusted resource and now friend for the happiest day of my life.

Sent on 05/06/2017

JoAnne · Married on 03/05/2017

Karen walked our daughter through every detail of her wedding. From the very beginning when the big day was no more than a dream and few pintrist pics till the last sparkler was lite and the bride and groom were on their way, she made sure everything ran smoothly. She found creative ways to make their dreams a reality within their budget. On the big day, her and her team were there, pulling all the details together in a way that was unobtrusive, but supportive so that we could sit back and enjoy every moment. I highly recommend Karen and her staff. St Augustine Weddings and Special Events is a win win all around.

Sent on 03/08/2017

Nedra · Married on 11/05/2016

Karen did an outstanding job from beginning to end. While we weren't certain if the services of a planner would be needed, in hindsight, the answer was clearly yes, and this was certainly the company to use. She was incredibly well organized, detail oriented, and her years of experience resulted in a magnificent event. Her expertise with vendors also helped us save some money. Finally, the event was so much nicer as she handled all of the details so the family could enjoy this special occasion.

Sent on 12/04/2016

Rebecca · Married on 11/05/2016

Karen did an outstanding job in helping me with my wedding! She was friendly, courteous and handled all of the necessary details so I could enjoy my wedding weekend. One thing that very helpful was that she prepared a detailed itinerary for everyone involved in the wedding so everyone knew where to be and when. It made the weekend so much easier, all of bridesmaids knew exactly when they were getting their hair and makeup done, when and where to be when pictures and began and so much more! Karen worked so well with the hotel and other vendors as well as being present throughout the day to make sure everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend her services :)

Sent on 12/06/2016

Lindsey · Married on 10/15/2016

Karen exceeded my expectations throughout the planning process. Her experience was highly beneficial. She knew most of my vendors personally and was always able to reach them when I could not. She made extremely useful suggestions when planning the reception timeline which made everything run smoothly. She also proved to be very flexible due to unexpected circumstances. For example, a hurricane hit northeast Florida the week before my wedding and she not only communicated with me throughout the whole ordeal, but she was also communicating with my vendors to come up with alternative solutions to the issues caused by the hurricane. On my wedding day itself, she was quick on her feet to make changes due to unexpected circumstances, such as strong winds and my husband being ill. She kept everything running smoothly and tweaked things here and there in a discrete manner. My guests never knew about the small changes throughout the evening. Overall, it was a wonderful experience working with Karen. She is truly an expert and such a sweet woman to work with. She treats each client as if they are her only client and will go above and beyond to make sure the bride and groom have the best wedding day possible. Thank you for everything, Karen!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Ginelle · Married on 10/01/2016

If I could rate Karen more, I would. We clicked from the first day we met. We booked Karen for our "day of coordinator" for our wedding at Hammock Dunes Club and that was the best decision we made. She was quick to respond whenever I had a question and she would meet anywhere I asked her to discuss details of the wedding. For a "day of coordinator" she went above and beyond and really took the stress out of planning a wedding, and took the stress out of the day of. I never could have imagined all the little details that goes into a planning a wedding, and she broke things down so simply so I didn't get overwhelmed. I did not have to worry about anything on the day of the wedding. She took care of talking with all of the vendors, helped decorate the venue with all of our provided decorations and centerpieces, she kept us on track with time. Things really would have been a mess if we didn't have Karen, and I would recommend her for any special event.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Pam · Married on 05/21/2016

Karen Erwin is absolutely the best wedding planner in St. Augustine! My daughter lives in Texas and wanted her wedding at home in St. Augustine. From the moment I spoke with her, I knew Karen was who we needed to coordinate, help plan, organize, and create the wedding of my daughter's dreams. We chose her Custom Wedding Coordination Package despite me being fairly crafty and creative. It was by far the best decision and the best money we spent on the wedding! Karen spent endless hours talking to my daughter and getting a true feel for what she wanted. Karen made fantastic recommendations on vendors, accommodations, etiquette, and specialty items that fit into our budget. She was able to negotiate contracts that enabled us to receive much more than we could have alone. We also used her resourcefulness with our save the dates, invitations and rehearsal dinner invites. Karen is the epitome of organization and insight and through the many phone calls and meetings, we always had a specific agenda to keep us on track and moving toward the big day. Karen went with us in meeting our vendors and knew the questions to ask that I had not thought of. She also set up hair and makeup trials and the entire wedding party looked amazing! With all the different components of a wedding, Karen covered them all so incredibly well. I kept hearing how stressful it is to plan a wedding, but I can honestly say, with Karen's help..it was a piece of cake. We just kept to her planning and expertise and my daughter's day was truly stunning. One of the most valuable things I gained from hiring Karen Erwin was gaining a friend. I truly enjoyed spending time with her and can't wait to just meet for lunch when she has time. So if you think you can handle planning a wedding on your own like I initially did, please think again and use Karen Erwin and St. Augustine Weddings. I promise you will not regret it and will be over the moon with her!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Stephanie · Married on 05/14/2016

Karen with St. Augustine Weddings & Special Events is the reason my wedding day was the best day of my life! She took all the stress out of our day for my family and me by contacting vendors to confirm arrival times, setting up decorations we provided including the centerpieces, keeping the event and my guests moving smoothly, and handled things I didn’t even know of. Not only did she make my wedding day perfect, but also all of her help prior to the wedding were beyond what we could have imagined. About a month and half before my wedding I decided I wasn’t happy with the people doing my hair and makeup. I mentioned this to Karen in one of my phone conferences with her. Within 2 hours she had called around and found a salon that was still available to do hair & makeup for me and my entire wedding party.! She didn’t just give me some numbers so I could call around myself she actually went the extra mile. She was also my savior on the day of our rehearsal. 5 hours prior to our rehearsal start time, one of my pregnant bridesmaids fainted and had to be taken to the hospital. As I sat in the ER room with her, another bridesmaid and my mom knew we wouldn’t make it to rehearsal on time. With one phone call to Karen (3 hours before it was to begin) she contacted the venue, my pastor, and everyone else involved and organized the rehearsal to be at a later time. She completely took all the stress and worry from my mom and I so we could focus on my bridesmaid’s health. Her professionalism, attention to detail, and organization surpassed all expectations. I honestly do not know how anyone could have a wedding without Karen!

Sent on 05/29/2016

beth · Married on 04/16/2016

Seldom in today’s busy world does your path cross with someone like Karen Erwin of St. Augustine Weddings and Events! From the first phone call I just knew this was who I wanted helping me to plan my daughters wedding. Her professionalism attention to detail and knowledge were critical to the success of a formal wedding... and the best part is her vibrant personality and genuine kindness and concern . Very rare combination of traits! Our family is beyond grateful for the extraordinary care she took in executing a flawless wedding day. If you are getting married in St Augustine/Ponte Vedra I highly suggest you contact her to see if she is available. She simply makes magic happen!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Michael · Married on 03/19/2016

Karen Erwin of St. Augustine Weddings & Special Events is AMAZING! She provided much more than full service wedding planning for us. She truly went above and beyond on a consistent basis during the months leading up to our wedding. My wife has health issues that make following rigid schedules and appointments challenging at times. Karen was extremely thoughtful and considerate of this, and planned our schedule in a way that would cause the least amount of physical and emotional stress as possible. She is meticulous, focused, and professional, which allowed us to not get bogged down with the minutiae of the wedding planning. Overall, this made something potentially stressful and overwhelming fun and enjoyable. Karen also employs several assistants who were just as professional and mindful as she is. The entire team is top notch.
    Karen was a joy to work with, and we all became genuine friends throughout the process. She did a wonderful job of keeping a balance between being pleasant and amicable, but also displayed a willingness to "push" us along as needed to stay on track. My wife and I have a tendency to procrastinate, but Karen never let us veer off course
    Our wedding had many challenging elements to plan for, but Karen was able to put it all together seamlessly, exactly the way we envisioned. We had a New Orleans inspired wedding, with a 2nd line march from the church to the reception. The weather reports leading up to our special day were less than favorable. Karen did a marvelous job of providing us with a backup plan if we were unable to pull off our 2nd line march due to rain. Fortunately, fate was on our side and the sun shined for us, but she had us covered for all possibilities. This relieved all the stess of the situation and really allowed us to just enjoy the day. This was such an invaluable service. Needless to say, I would highly recommend St. Augustine Weddings & Special Events to anyone in need of wedding planning services!

Sent on 04/08/2016
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 10/24/2015

Karen Erwin and her team were absolutely the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. From the moment we first spoke on the phone it was clear that Karen has had plenty of experience in wedding planning and event planning in North Florida. Everyone asks me how it was possible to have so much fun planning a wedding and my answer every time is: Karen Erwin.

The wedding schedule was absolutely perfect. She had every detail included on the timeline so that everything ran smoothly. As a bride who gets easily stressed, I found that the entire wedding weekend ran smoothly because of how the schedule was planned out. All we had to do was show up. And that is absolutely priceless, especially for my parents who were able to just enjoy the day without having to worry about details.

Detail oriented is probably one of Karen's stand out qualities. She takes note of every detail and thought from her bride and parents. We would be having a conversation a month before the wedding and she would reference something that I mentioned wanting in our conversation from a year before.

Karen and her team are a MUST HAVE for every bride and family planning a wedding. She helped us stay in budget and ultimately ended up saving us a lot of money. Planning a wedding out of town can be very tricky for some, but Karen was able to help us select vendors, travel plans, and accommodations that made all the decision making very easy on our end.

I cannot say enough good things about how amazing the actual wedding day was. I never felt rushed. I was able to soak in all of the festivities because I knew Karen would have everything handled. She brought our vision to life. Karen was there for us every step of the way. She was so easy to get in touch with throughout all of the planning. Very responsive to texts, emails, and phone calls.

A wedding planner is the best investment you can make in your wedding planning and if you want the BEST, get Karen Erwin.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Katye · Married on 10/03/2015

I could go on about Karen for pages but to keep it short, she was hands down the best decision we made. Karen is the ultimate professional and the most detailed and organized person I have worked with. Her best talent however lies is making you feel like nothing is ever a problem, even when you have a problem. I had such confidence in Karen that if anything came up, I literally brushed it off and said "it's OK, Karen's got this", which is the most amazing feeling when dealing with the stress of a wedding. Hire Karen immediately and your wedding will be perfect, as ours was.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Chuck and Diane · Married on 09/05/2015

Our daughter's wedding was at the same time as the 450th anniversary of St. Augustine, making the logistics extremely complicated. At our first meeting with Karen, she made it very clear that our event would be wonderful and she embraced the difficult challenges with a smile. The bride was in New York and traveled so was often unavailable and was the opposite of a Bridezilla. Karen did a magnificent job of keeping her on track, also making her aware of future decisions without causing our daughter, Lauren, undue stress. Karen was enthusiastic about some of Lauren's unorthodox ideas and was able to direct her to vendors who could implement Lauren's vision. Karen had to meet with the St. Augustine City Police, Sheriff's office, major event planners and several others to coordinate traffic patterns, parking, etc. as this was also Labor Day and the busiest day in St. Augustine's history. Karen kept in constant contact with us to keep us informed and to assure us we had nothing to worry about, The day of the wedding we were able to relax and enjoy because Karen and her efficient staff had everything under control. One of Karen's greatest gifts is to quickly assess the bride and her family to bring to fruition their thoughts and ideas. Lauren's tearful comment was "my wedding was more than she could have ever hoped for." We credit Karen for making all this possible and helping to create beautiful lifetime memories.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/24/2015

Karen is amazing! She was so knowledgeable and knew exactly how to make our wedding day special. Throughout the planning process, Karen was always easy to reach if I ever had a question or concern. She even helped calm me down when I thought I wanted to switch venues 6 months before the wedding. Karen even orchestrated the smoothest wedding rehearsal is ever been to, which really showed on the wedding day. Everyone knew exactly where to be and what to do, all because of Karen.

Her staff is so talented and that truly showed on the wedding day when they set up both the reception room and cocktail hour pre-function room. They really paid attention to detail and took into account all of the decorations I had and where I wanted them to go. I cannot recommend Karen and her team enough!

Sent on 06/19/2015