Absolute Beauty by Wendy Reviews

Absolute Beauty by Wendy 3
Absolute Beauty by Wendy 4
Absolute Beauty by Wendy 5

Jade · Married on 09/28/2019

I will not think twice to hire Wendy again

The company name speaks for itself. I felt absolutely beautiful thanks to Wendy. First time I met Wendy and explained how I want my hair and makeup done, she made it happen easily. On the day of my wedding, my hair and make-up definitely stayed throughout night (and we started at 10 am). She and Jackie also did my entourage’s hair and make-up. Jackie, her sister, is very gentle with the kids (ages 8 and 4). They both did an amazing job for us. Very talented and classy ladies!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Desrae

Desrae Carvalho · Married on 09/14/2019

Working with Wendy and Jackie was absolutely wonderful

Jackie did an amazing job for me and my bridesmaids. I would recommend her and her sister, Wendy, for any of your events.

Sent on 09/16/2019

BZ · Married on 09/14/2019

Great Value and Results!

Wendy provided all of the hair and makeup services for my wedding in September. She was sweet, capable, and easy to work throughout all steps of the process. I did my trial for hair and makeup at her house back in January 2019 and she took the time to work with me and make suggestions until I was so happy with the result. On the day of the wedding, Wendy’s team was prompt and so well prepared that everything went as smoothly as possible. We all looked great! Aside from touching up my lipstick after the ceremony, my traditional makeup lasted all day through 80 degree weather and a packed dance floor. I also found that Wendy’s pricing was some of the best I could find in the area. That, combined with the great results would lead me to come back or recommend her for more events.

Sent on 11/08/2019

Jenny Ross · Married on 09/01/2019

Excellent experience!

Wendy did a wonderful job at my wedding! From the hair and make-up trail to the day of the event, she was great! Couldn’t have asked for better.

Sent on 11/17/2019

Mia Light · Married on 08/31/2019

She is the best!

Wendy is the best! Everyone complemented how beautiful I was. The make-up and hair. She listened what I wanted and patient even after I changed my mind a couple of times. Even my picky sister who was the made of honor and bride maid were very impressed by Wendy's artful work. You will understand how great Wendy is if i say, my sister did not like her make-up artist's work on her own wedding day, so she ended up doing her own make-up. And she loved Wendy's make-up. And she was flexible regarding the start time on the wedding day She was willing to start early to accommodate my wedding day timeline.
    Thank you so much Wendy for making me look beautiful and making my day special!

Mia

Sent on 10/11/2019

Abby Hall · Married on 07/26/2019

Great experience!

Wendy was responsive and in the trial worked to get my hair and makeup to exactly what I was looking for. She is very kind and professional. Hair and makeup prices in the DC area are crazy, but Wendy’s pricing was the best I found in comparing packages. She was on time and finished everybody’s hair and makeup in plenty of time.

Sent on 09/28/2019

Beth · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful hair styles lasted all day and night!

This is a review of Wendy’s hair styling services, I did not use her as a makeup artist.
    Wendy did a fantastic job on our hair and I have already recommended her services to a friend in the area. Wendy styled my hair as well as 3 bridesmaids for my morning wedding. She arrived on time even though it was an early start, was prepared, and worked within our schedule which I really appreciated. When things got a bit chaotic before we left for the venue, Wendy was very calm and worked well under pressure.
    Wendy was very helpful in choosing a style for my hair and for my bridesmaids when we weren’t totally sure what we wanted. I showed her several photos at my hair trial and she was able to combine them into something I really loved. She listened to my feedback and on the day of the wedding, the updo was exactly what I had imagined. When our florist/family friend surprised us with a set of flowers for me and each of my bridesmaids and, even though we had not previously discussed it, Wendy was happy to incorporate them into all of the styles with no problems. Also, Wendy’s services are affordable compared to many other hairstylists I consulted in the area.
    I was concerned about our hair styles lasting in the heat, but they looked fantastic all day and into the evening. I had many of our photos taken after the reception hours later, and every hair is still in place in the pictures. I even left my hairstyle in place for the after party and I had not expected it to last until then! Our hair was finished by 10 AM and when I took it out at 2 AM that night it still looked good even though I was sweating and dancing all day and night. I really enjoyed working with Wendy and I definitely recommend her hair styling services!

Absolute Beauty by Wendy 6
    Absolute Beauty by Wendy 7
    Absolute Beauty by Wendy 8
    Sent on 07/17/2019

Alexandra · Married on 04/27/2019

Awesome hair and make-up team!

I got married in April 2019 and used Wendy and her team for hair and make-up. Wendy was so responsive throughout the entire process and spent a lot of time with me at my trial really listening to what I wanted. The day of the wedding went so smoothly because of their professionalism. I also have very picky bridesmaids and all of them absolutely loved their hair and make-up as did I! I would 100% recommend them for weddings or any other special event!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Lindsey · Married on 04/13/2019

Wendy is awesome!

Wendy was very easy to work with. She was always open to my ideas while being realistic about what would work and what wouldn't work with my wedding. From hiring to the trial to the day of, Wendy was professional and kind. She was also very talented and made me look AMAZING on my wedding day, as well as all of my bridal party and my mom.

Absolute Beauty by Wendy 9
    Sent on 05/06/2019

Nashia Cossio · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing!

Wendy and her Team are beyond amazing!
    Very professional, on time, great communication and overall amazing hair, make up and other services she and her team do!

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Jenni

Jenni · Married on 10/13/2018

Wendy’s awesome!

Wendy did an incredible job! She is professional, kind, loving and responsive. She took the time to listen to each and every request from the bridal party and beautifully executed what they asked for while still accentuating their natural beauty. I would recommend her a million times and plan to! She’s the best.

Sent on 11/06/2018

callie · Married on 09/08/2018

Wendy and her sister were the sweetest women to work with. they listened to myself and all of my bridesmaid and put an amazing touch on the look.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Emily · Married on 08/19/2018

Wendy was wonderful! I used for for my wedding hair and all my bridesmaids and mom and mother in law and grandmas hair. She and her partner did a great job with everyone and made me feel very comfortable and excited with my hair! She was very easy to work with, listened to what I wanted and clearly knew what she was doing! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/16/2018

SALLY · Married on 08/11/2018

A friend recommended Wendy to me and I am so happy she did! I can’t say enough about how amazing she and team were to work with. I wasnt 100% sure what I wanted for my hair and makeup, and Wendy was able to offer some amazing suggestions during my trial that turned out absolutely beautifully. On the day of the wedding the team was able to do hair and makeup for eight bridesmaids and two moms in plenty of time, and their work was simply flawless. Also, It was incredibly hot and humid on our wedding day and everyone’s hair and makeup lasted all night. I couldn’t have been happier with the result! Highly recommend Wendy For any bride - she was a dream and everyone looked gorgeous!

Absolute Beauty by Wendy 10
    Absolute Beauty by Wendy 11
    Absolute Beauty by Wendy 12
    Sent on 08/25/2018

Jennifer · Married on 08/04/2018

I could not be happier with Special Hair Style. Wendy did a phenomenal job on wedding up-dos for myself, my two bridesmaids, and the mothers of the bride and groom! She is so nice, professional, and extremely talented, and I would highly recommend her to anyone for their big day.

Sent on 08/24/2018

Kristin · Married on 07/07/2018

Wendy and her crew were AMAZING! Not only was she able to fit me in last minute, she was super responsive, and very flexible. She was able to in in two of my bridesmaids that wanted their make-up done last minute! She is very professional and sweet. I will be recommending her to everyone!

Absolute Beauty by Wendy 13
    Sent on 08/02/2018

Michelle · Married on 06/30/2018

Wendy is seriously one of the sweetest people I have ever met! Not only that, she is extremely talented, and knows how to work with all different types of hair. I was in a MAJOR time crunch before my wedding because I originally was going to book hair with a friend of a friend (trying to get a deal, because you know, everything with wedding planning is SUPER expensive). After two trials with my original hair stylist, I felt so down and stressed. She hadn't understood my vision for how I wanted to look, and worse, I felt like she had a hard time working with my thick long hair. With 6 weeks until my wedding, I turned to Wedding Wire and hoped to find another stylist with availability for my big day. Long shot, I know. I was in luck when Wendy answered my SOS. It was the only weekend she had open, and I think sensing my distress, she was eager to help. I must commend her too, for answering all my emails so quickly. Not all of my wedding vendors were so responsive!! My trial went perfectly, and I even cried, when I saw Wendy's amazing work. She took the time to talk to me, and go through hair pictures, and pictures of my dress. She understood the style I wanted, and brought it to life before my eyes. I didn't even need to go through any other styles, and I (of course) booked her immediately! SHE SAVED MY WEDDING! Seriously though, she traveled to my hotel on the day of, arrived on time, and worked with my three bridesmaids, two mothers, and myself. This included one Asian woman with fine hair, a redhead with fine hair, and three women with thick frizzy hair. She even impressed my "hard-to-please" mother in law, who still raves about her hair on my wedding day. All in all, Wendy was so easy to work with, she was flexible, responsive, and generally a wonderful, pleasant person. She brought my stress level down ten fold, and I cannot recommend her enough! Thank you Wendy for helping me last minute, for sharing your talent, and just generally being a sweet person!

Sent on 07/20/2018
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 06/09/2018

I got my hair and makeup done by Wendy for my wedding this past weekend. She showed up early to not only work on me, but also a number of my bridesmaid. I had showed her a photo of what I was looking for for my bridesmaid and myself. She put her own twist in it to make it more "trendy" and it came out beautiful! I heard so many compliments on how pretty, elegant, and classic all of our hairs look, and that goes for make up as well. She was also able to squeeze in a last minute request for make up for someone I originally didn't plan. Our hair and make up lasted all night long and stayed in place, which I was very impressed on! I definitely made the right choice by booking Wendy for my special event!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Amber · Married on 05/19/2018

Wendy was fantastic! I live in Boston, MA, so I wasn't able to schedule a trial. Nor were any of my bridesmaids, as they all live outside of the northern Virginia area. However, Wendy and her team did an amazing job with all of my bridesmaids. We sent her hairstyle ideas about a month before the wedding and asked for more of a natural look with the makeup. All the girls looked stunning! They were all incredibly happy with their look, and I LOVED mine!

I highly recommend Wendy to any bride looking for an affordable and outstanding stylist.

Sent on 05/23/2018
  • W

Wysteria · Married on 03/31/2018

I’ve never felt prettier! The trial run was so easy, she was very responsive and listened to everything I wanted, and even though I didn’t give her too much of an idea of what I wanted, she still gave me exactly what I had in mind. The day of the wedding her and her assistant were very professional, on time, and were genuinely excited to be there. Everything came out exactly as I hoped and my husband even noticed how good everyone looked!

Sent on 06/18/2018
  • Carolyn

Carolyn · Married on 12/22/2017

Wendy is incredible! She is extremely talented at what she does and was gracious about making changes when I changed my mind about a couple of things. She did hair styling for myself, my sister, mother, and MIL for my wedding in November and everyone was incredibly happy with her work. No one wanted to wash their hair after the event because they loved their hair so much! Nadia provided makeup for these three as well as three of my friends and her work was equally flawless. Wendy airbrushed mine and, again, it came out wonderfully. It was incredibly cold and windy the day of our wedding, and naturally we wanted outdoor pictures, but not one hair or one eyelash moved during these photos. Everything was flawless and beautiful and on time! I am so happy I found Wendy and Special Hair Style!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Kristen · Married on 10/14/2017

Wendy and her team made my day incredible. From the very first planning email (I was an out-of-town bride), I felt like I didn't need to stress over what I was going to look like. Everyone who was having their hair and make-up done had the opportunity to send in pictures of themselves and their preferred stylings to give the team ample time to make sure each look would fit the style of the wedding and each individual. My day-of stylist was Jackie and I cannot rave about her enough. She worked as hard at my trial as she did the day of my wedding, making sure each strand and fly away was in it's rightful place. My photographer even moved us around while she was doing my hair, turning off all of the lights completely at times to get the shot he wanted. Jackie remained professional and rolled with it. I felt as if the entire team really had a vested interest in making everyone look their very best and was excited to be there celebrating with us.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Theresa · Married on 10/07/2017

Wendy and her helper were amazing! Wendy is very responsive and wonderful to work with. She's always very responsive and sends appointment confirmations and reminders. I love to continue working with her going forward since she offers other hair and beauty services that are not necessarily wedding related.

I highly recommend working with Wendy! She did an amazing job with my wedding hair and my bridesmaids looked great as well.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Sofia · Married on 09/30/2017

Wendy was very kind, punctual, responsive, and talented. She did a very great job with our hair on my wedding day. My bridesmaids all loved their hair and when she was finished with mine everyone was very happy. She did a really good job and she is professional. I would hire her again!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Silvia · Married on 09/23/2017

Wendy is wonderful and talented. During the trial, I gave her pictures of the hair styles that I liked and she was able to come up with the perfect twist for me. She and her assistant patiently worked through the seven of us on the day of the wedding, even finishing ahead of schedule. Wendy responds to emails right away and are so flexible with any changes. One of the great vendors that made our wedding day go smoothly.

Sent on 10/12/2017