Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Cassidy K. Getting married on 07/31/2022

05/21/22 Wedding

My husband and I hired Southern Hospitality for month of wedding coordination services. We had Bethany Allen as our wedding coordinator and she was FANTASTIC! There were a few points throughout the wedding day where things did not go according to plan (due to other vendors) but she was ALWAYS there to support me.

My mom even raved about how caring and attentive she was to not only me but to my husband, family and friends as well. She kept in contact throughout the month continuously and was always around the coroner the day of the wedding. She always responded to my emails/phone calls in a timely manner and overall she is just a wonderful human being.

I cannot express my gratitude enough. I am SO happy I went with Southern Hospitality. 100% would recommend Bethany to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator.
    Caitlyn B. Married on 05/10/2022

Southern Hospitality is just that!

Ashley was absolutely fantastic! We were late to the day of coordinator game, but with a recommendation from our baker, we decided to go with it! Thankfully she was available for the date of our wedding. She worked with me on the things that I was looking for assistance with and took so much stress away from the big day. On top of that, she was so so sweet. My cake stand was unstable and she came in with the save with one of her own! The team is also so great as well, I corresponded with another person from SH about other vendors. It was 100% the best decision to hire her.
  • Melissa
    Melissa Q. Married on 05/06/2022

Pulled off the wedding of my dreams!

I don't even know where the begin with how helpful and necessary Ashley was throughout the entire wedding planning process. Since I was planning our wedding several states away, I knew a planner was a must & honestly I wouldn't have been able to pull of our wedding without her! From budgeting, vendor selections, vision boards, to the day of coordinating I couldn't have asked for anyone better (and her assistant Bethany is just as amazing...we were so blessed to get to have them both as a part of our wedding day). Take it from someone who HATES making decisions and overthinks everything...hire Southern Hospitality and have the most stress free wedding day possible!
  • Leah
    Leah Married on 04/26/2022

Ashley is incredible!

We hired Ashley as our full-service planner and it was truly the BEST wedding decision we made besides decided to marry each other! Ashley is so organized, responsive, helpful, and creative. We were planning an Outer Banks wedding while being located in California, and having never been to OBX or our venue before, and we could not have done it without her. Every vendor recommendation was phenomenal. Her knowledge of the area, weather, venue... every detail, was so incredibly helpful. Besides planning & coordination, one of the biggest things we wanted from a full-service planner was the wedding design, as we're folks who know what we like but have no idea how to create it, and she took a few photos we gave her and created a wedding more beautiful than we could have ever imagined! As a cherry on top, Ashley is so fun to work with! She's super easy to chat with, helps keep everything exciting and fun, and stays calm no matter what happens. We had an outdoor reception planned and, despite perfectly sunny days for weeks before and after our date, ended up with a full-blown storm on our big day. Ashley saw it coming and had a plan B ready to go that was just as beautiful and perfect as I'm sure plan A would have been, and she executed it seamlessly. I could go on forever with great things to say about her. Ashley, if you're reading this, thank you so much for making our day perfect and stress-free! To anyone reading this review in search of their planner - look no further! Ashley is the best!
  • Tia
    Tia P. Married on 10/14/2021

You NEED Southern Hospitality as your planner/day-of!

Ashley is the absolute BEST! We hired her for our day-of coordination and she truly exceeded our expectations. She was always so calm, organized and supportive throughout the entire planning process. I emailed her constant questions but she was always so responsive and helpful. When I told her I was stressed about something, she would always reassure me that ‘xyz’ was going to be fine and all would work out. She always knew the right thing to say. Planning a wedding states away (we are from Indiana) should be stressful, but Ashley helped make it stress-free! She gave great vendor recommendations and every vendor said we were “in great hands” when I told them Ashley was our day-of.
    Fast forward to the day of the wedding, she came in and took control! Everything she did was flawless and her attention to detail is incredible. A lot of my guests even commented how impressed they were by Ashley! Not to mention, she’s such a great person and was so much fun to work with. She even brought my husband and I appetizers when we were taking pictures on the beach during cocktail hour - the sweetest gesture! She boxed up the top tier of our cake, set up all our personal & rental items for the reception, brought everything back into the event home after the reception, bustled my dress, designed the layout of the reception…. I could go on and on about how amazing she is. Thank you SO MUCH, Ashley! Our wedding wouldn’t have been what it was without you. We are so grateful for you! To anyone reading this review, PLEASE hire Southern Hospitality for all your planning/day-of needs - I promise you won’t regret it!
  • Nicole
    Nicole M. Married on 07/30/2021

LOVED working with Ashley

Ashley and her team were INCREDIBLE for our day of coordination - organized, cool, calm, collected, confident, and they executed my plan PERFECTLY. I couldn't ask for a better experience (and I'm NOT afraid of a bad review so this really counts!) Highly recommend!!
  • Jamie
    Jamie C. Married on 07/10/2021

Ashley was so amazing

Ashley & Bethany were so amazing! I couldn't have imagined my day going as well as it did without her.
  • Lauren
    Lauren A. Married on 06/30/2021

Ashley is a Lifesaver!

My husband and I hired Ashley for the entire year wedding planning service because we are not from the area (and I hate planning and organizing haha). From the beginning Ashley helped us with every single detail. The amount of stress and time she saved us is unreal! When the wedding finally came, there was a tropical storm that completely changed all of our plans. There is no doubt in my mind that if we did not have Ashley, we wouldn't have ben able to make our wedding happen. She was calm, organized, optimistic, and always two steps ahead in the planning process. All of our vendors were handled directly through Ashley and the wedding turned out absolutely beautiful despite the rain. The fact that we did not have to worry about the details the day of allowed us to enjoy the moment. Ashley truly saved our wedding. SHE IS AMAZING!
  • Kelly
    Kelly S. Married on 05/29/2021

Doesn't Get Any Better

How do I even start. We used Southern Hospitality for "day of" services but Ashley made me feel like she had been there every step of the way. The spreadsheets and timelines we worked on a month out were incredible and so helpful. The second Ashley walked into the event space on our wedding day - she changed the entire vibe. She takes command, she's so fun and all the vendors LOVE her. Our entire wedding crowd came up to me to tell me how much they loved her. Southern Hospitality is professional and organized and I can't imagine our wedding without them. Do yourself a favor and get an Ashley in your life.
  • Lauren
    Lauren W. Married on 05/22/2021

The absolute best

Ashley is seriously one of a kind. I am so grateful for her passion, knowledge, eye for detail, patience and friendship. We started planning our wedding with her a little over a year before the wedding and Ashley was incredibly responsive with all of my questions - and there were a lot. She made me feel important even thought I knew she had so many weddings coming up before mine. OBX has always had a really special place in our hearts so it was the perfect place to have our wedding. I was initially stressed at the thought of planning a wedding across the country from Colorado, but Ashley made it so much easier and honestly fun. She is incredibly creative and helped with design as it was not my forte. She brought my vision to life, made sure my rentals were correct, gave incredible vendor recommendations, set up everything perfectly, and was honestly just so much fun to work with. Her organization and communication, timelines, questionnaires, etc. were so helpful in the planning process and her execution day of was flawless. She is such a boss babe! Every vendor that asked who my planner was would respond "oh you're in amazing hands she's the best" every time I mentioned Ashley. Thank you Ashley - I couldn't have had such a beautiful stress free wedding without you.
  • Megan
    Megan N. Married on 05/17/2021

Would recommend over and over again!

I was nervous about forgetting all the details and got Day-Of planning with Ashley. She was so incredibly supportive throughout the entire process (and even when I sent her a bunch of crazy questions as I was planning, she was extremely responsive and helpful). Ashley (and Liz) made my day such a dream - there was no stress, they took all my plans and made them come to life. Would recommend to EVERY bride/groom getting married in OBX.
    Carly Married on 05/01/2021

Absolutely amazing!

We hired Ashley for day of services for our wedding at an event home. She absolutely exceeded our expectations! We communicated a few weeks leading up to the wedding about details, and the day of my wedding I did not even know she was there - yet all the details we had discussed were perfectly set up. I don't know how she does it, but I'm so thankful she was there to handle all the details a bride doesn't want to worry about on her wedding day.
  • Haley
    Haley H. Married on 10/24/2020

Wedding Oct 2020

Booking Ashley as our wedding planner was easily the best decision I made! I found her just over a year from the event, and she was amazing each step of the way. She using google drive with folder to keep all documents organized and on schedule. I hired her in 2019, and with the changes and curve balls that 2020 brought us - she reassured and guided us each step of the way with recommendations regarding potential venue changes, date changes..etc. We had to pull a last minute venue change about 4 weeks from the wedding date and she pulled it all together flawlessly! My husband and I both have time demanding and consuming jobs, so she was huge in making this process manageable. With day of coordination and set up - perfect! She found everything and had it look better than we had envisioned together. She kept the day running smoothly and timely. My parents, in-laws, and wedding party all commented on her professionalism, effectiveness, yet easy-going personality that made us feel comfortable! Highly recommend booking Ashley for your OBX wedding!
  • Kaleigh
    Kaleigh W. Married on 10/10/2020

Ashley is a life saver!

Hiring Southern Hospitality especially during this crazy year was such a big help! I dont know what i would do with out Ashley.
  • Ali
    Ali G. Married on 09/29/2020

Day of Wedding Coordinator, super worth it!

I knew from the start of wedding planning that I wanted a day of coordinator since I don’t live in the OBX. Ashley knocked it out of the park! Very organized, professional and awesome coordinator! Many guests at my wedding said how awesome she was and were very impressed! My wedding had to be pushed up an hour due to inclement weather and typically a bride would be very stressed about this but Ashley took care of calling of the vendors to confirm that they could come earlier, new schedule, etc. Highly recommend Ashley!!
  • Anna
    Anna C. Married on 09/26/2020

Best of the best!

From the very first conversation with Ashley- we knew she was the one we wanted to coordinate our wedding. She was very professional, knowledgeable, and personable. We felt comfortable from the moment we spoke on the phone, to meeting her in person. She helped me navigate all things wedding planning & made the process so simple. She was there and responsive every time we had questions, concerns, thoughts. Due to COVID we kept having to make changes to our plans, including changing the venue a month before, and she didn't even skip a beat! She took care of all vendor contacts, contracts, and the headache of it all. We couldn't have asked for a better planner so we could relax and enjoy the day. Thanks again!
  • Justine
    Justine G. Married on 09/24/2020

The best investment!

Planning a destination wedding in the OBX from NY was a task, planning it in 2020 seemed impossible at times. With so many things up in the air, we truly wouldn’t have been able to logistically (and emotionally) gotten through It without her. We ended up having to postpone from May to Sep and it was a smooth move with her guidance and proactivity. She kept us informed and was always responsive to our many questions and concerns. No question was too small or large. She clearly has tons of experience and good relationships with fellow vendors which makes everything so easy leading up to and the day of! She has a plan A to Z for any foreseen / unforeseen situation and it really puts you at ease. Thank you, Ashley! You are the pearl of the OBX!
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin S. Married on 09/04/2020

If you want your wedding to go off without a hitch - hire Ashley!!

Ashley was SOOOOO amazing! From start to finish we could have not asked for a better day-of coordinator. She constantly went above and beyond to help us with any questions we had, offer advice and suggestions and to make our wedding day beyond incredible. Ashley effortlessly worked with us as we rescheduled our wedding because of COVID and made us feel like we were her only client (which I know we most certainly were not). On the day she was awesome - working with all of our vendors, checking in with us and just overall being fantastic. Because of her our day was literally perfect. You will not regret hiring Ashley and we would recommend her a thousand times over!
  • Taylor
    Taylor W. Married on 08/29/2020

The absolute best!

There are not enough words in the dictionary to describe how amazing Ashley and her team at Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events are! I knew from the very beginning I wanted to hire someone to coordinate our wedding day. I wanted to ensure that neither myself, my husband, or our families had to worry about anything on the day of and let me tell you, Ashley knocked that out of the park! She does everything from full wedding planning to day of coordination and I would have trusted her with absolutely everything! Even though we only had day of coordination, she made sure to stay in touch throughout the entire wedding process. She gave recommendations for vendors and guided us whenever we had questions. A few weeks before the wedding she really narrowed in on our day and did all of the last minute organizing, vendor communications, timelines, etc. She thought of everything! On the day of, I didn't have a care in the world. Ashley's services gave me the best gift of being able to fully enjoy that day and not worry about anything else. We also planned our wedding from out of state and through Covid and she was an incredible help through it all. Several times we had to alter our plans because of reopening guidelines and each time she made us feel relaxed and comfortable with all the changes. Even on the day of the wedding when we moved our ceremony time last minute to escape some unfortunate storms, she was a rockstar and made it happen! Ashley was professional and fun to work with and someone you just genuinely want a part of your wedding day! My husband and I truly cannot recommend her and her team more!!
  • Tara
    Tara D. Married on 08/27/2020

We are not sure what we would have done without Ashley

I can't believe it has been almost 2 months since the wedding. Brian and I had been together 25 years before we decided to make it officially official and we knew OBX would be the perfect place but really had know idea where to start. When we reached out to our photographer Ryan who had been doing our family beach vacation photos for many years he said, "Just call Ashley" and thank god we did. We knew it would be a challenge trying to plan something from so far away and we thought starting early would be the best option. There were hiccoughs along the way as I hear every wedding has but right from the beginning we could tell we did not have to worry. Each time something came up I said, "no worries, we have Ashley" and boy was that such the truth! I could tell right from the start that Ashley knew what she was doing and would keep everything under control. She earned her weight in gold right from the start. When our first event home lost their CO and we had to change event homes, she was on it! When we drove from NY to visit the new event home and the agency had a glitch, once again, she was on it. We had a plan A for beautiful day, plan B for rain, and plan C for hurricane. Who would have thought we needed a plan D for a Pandemic! Once again, she was on it! Ashley never missed a step, she kept us grounded, and allowed us to stay calm, wait, and make rational decisions during these times. She assured us that we could decide last minute and she could pull it altogether in the end if needed and she did. Even at the last minute when Covid prevented Brians best friend from coming to officiate our wedding, once again Ashley to the rescue. She knew what was important to us even when we might not have and she made sure it happened. We wanted, simple yet elegant, but also in budget. Because of Ashley we were truly able to celebrate our 27 years with our family and close friends from the beginning of the week to the end of the week. Because of Ashley we were so relaxed to be able to be awake at 6am catching the sunrise with the horses, swimming in the pool only a few hours before, and catching the lightning storm at the end. Ashley you really are amazing and our entire group wants to do it all over again! Sharing a few photos from rehearsal to wedding! Thank you and stay safe. Tara, Brian, Berney, & Jacob
    Cara C. Married on 08/21/2020

Look no further!

Ashley is hands down the best! With Coronavirus this year so many things were up in the air, we went from cancelling our 225 person wedding to planning a small intimate gathering within weeks. Ashley took on all the stress and was kind, patient, and extremely organized! She worked well with all of our vendors and provided us with the perfect day! Could not have asked for anything more! You will not be sorry if you hire her!
  • Gina
    Gina Married on 08/05/2020

Ashley is the expert you NEED at your wedding.

Ashley was our wedding coordinator and was absolutely phenomenal. I truly don't know how my wedding day would have gone without her because of so many different factors. We held our ceremony and reception at a beach house in OBX, and ended up having 40 more people than was originally recommended for space. Our ceremony set-up was very non-traditional and what I though was complicated logistically. On top of that, the forecast was calling for rain and storms the night of the wedding. I think I would have had a nervous breakdown trying to navigate that situation and make all the calls by myself but Ashley was calm, confident, and extremely COMPETENT while we were making our Plan A and Plan B. I trusted her judgment completely and in the end, she made the right call to have us set up everything outdoors and we ended up having a GORGEOUS night. I cannot stress how I will always be so grateful for having her at our wedding because I was fully ready to move everything indoors and we would have missed out on a wonderful outdoor event. Not to mention she put in some serious work setting up our tables and decor in high heat and humidity and everything looked stunning. The first thing anyone should do who is planning a wedding in OBX is hire Ashley. She was the best and most important decision I made during the wedding planning process apart from choosing my groom :)!!
  • Zabrine
    Zabrine W. Married on 06/27/2020

Ashley is a true professional!

Ashley is a godsend! Our wedding was one of the first to occur after this years pandemic began. We had to change venues, guest count, schedule, pretty much everything within a week of our date. She had a plan for EVERYTHING! She has great relationships with all of the vendors and was able to adapt without missing a beat. Our guests were constantly commenting on how on top of things Ashley was from fixing a broken bustle, building our wedding directionals which were delivered with missing parts to making sure I was put together and looking good for every photo and keeping everyone on the itinerary.

OUR DAY WAS AMAZING THANKS TO ASHLEY! Professional, Reliable, Creative, Fun and Organized!
    Brittany Married on 06/06/2020

Would not be able to function without Ashley!

Oh my gosh were do I even begin?! We hired Ashley a year and a half before our wedding, our date had to be pushed due to covid, and THEN we lost our venue 2 weeks prior to the wedding due to covid. ( It was right in the middle of NC numbers peaking). We originally had a 200 guest count and ended up with 39. People were dropping daily, even the week of the wedding still, and Ashely never complained once! She contacted all the vendors for us with updated guest counts so we didn't have to. She stayed so positive and professional through it all! I highly recommend getting her all inclusive package even if you don't think you need it. My parents have had a home in OBX since the 80s, and I went to school for Hospitality so we thought we knew it all but Ashley is a wizard! When things started to get crazy with covid a few weeks prior to the wedding she kept everything so perfectly in order. If you're out of town it's so crucial to hire a planner! She kept the wedding on schedule without us feeling rushed. I felt so relaxed and was able to enjoy our wedding so much thanks to her. Everyone raved about her at the wedding! I am sad we are not working together anymore now that the wedding is over but we had such an amazing experience working with her!
    Katlin H. Married on 10/14/2019

Ashley was amazing!

Ashley did a fabulous job for our day of coordination! She kept everyone in line and kept the night flowing! Ran into a few road bumps throughout the day however Ashley handled it so well and managed to make everything work out so nicely! She made the day of wedding so relaxing and simple for a bride! Planning and coordination with Ashley prior to the wedding was so simple and easy. She responds so timely! Couldn't ask for a better wedding planner! Would highly recommend!