Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events Reviews

71 Reviews for Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events

• Jamie

Jamie C. · Married on 07/10/2021

Ashley was so amazing

Ashley & Bethany were so amazing! I couldn't have imagined my day going as well as it did without her.

Sent on 07/22/2021
  • Kelly

Kelly S. · Married on 05/29/2021

Doesn't Get Any Better

How do I even start. We used Southern Hospitality for "day of" services but Ashley made me feel like she had been there every step of the way. The spreadsheets and timelines we worked on a month out were incredible and so helpful. The second Ashley walked into the event space on our wedding day - she changed the entire vibe. She takes command, she's so fun and all the vendors LOVE her. Our entire wedding crowd came up to me to tell me how much they loved her. Southern Hospitality is professional and organized and I can't imagine our wedding without them. Do yourself a favor and get an Ashley in your life.

Sent on 06/08/2021
  • Lauren

Lauren W. · Married on 05/22/2021

The absolute best

Ashley is seriously one of a kind. I am so grateful for her passion, knowledge, eye for detail, patience and friendship. We started planning our wedding with her a little over a year before the wedding and Ashley was incredibly responsive with all of my questions - and there were a lot. She made me feel important even thought I knew she had so many weddings coming up before mine. OBX has always had a really special place in our hearts so it was the perfect place to have our wedding. I was initially stressed at the thought of planning a wedding across the country from Colorado, but Ashley made it so much easier and honestly fun. She is incredibly creative and helped with design as it was not my forte. She brought my vision to life, made sure my rentals were correct, gave incredible vendor recommendations, set up everything perfectly, and was honestly just so much fun to work with. Her organization and communication, timelines, questionnaires, etc. were so helpful in the planning process and her execution day of was flawless. She is such a boss babe! Every vendor that asked who my planner was would respond "oh you're in amazing hands she's the best" every time I mentioned Ashley. Thank you Ashley - I couldn't have had such a beautiful stress free wedding without you.

Sent on 06/29/2021
  • Megan

Megan N. · Married on 05/17/2021

Would recommend over and over again!

I was nervous about forgetting all the details and got Day-Of planning with Ashley. She was so incredibly supportive throughout the entire process (and even when I sent her a bunch of crazy questions as I was planning, she was extremely responsive and helpful). Ashley (and Liz) made my day such a dream - there was no stress, they took all my plans and made them come to life. Would recommend to EVERY bride/groom getting married in OBX.

Sent on 05/29/2021

Carly · Married on 05/01/2021

Absolutely amazing!

We hired Ashley for day of services for our wedding at an event home. She absolutely exceeded our expectations! We communicated a few weeks leading up to the wedding about details, and the day of my wedding I did not even know she was there - yet all the details we had discussed were perfectly set up. I don't know how she does it, but I'm so thankful she was there to handle all the details a bride doesn't want to worry about on her wedding day.

Sent on 06/22/2021
  • Haley

Haley H. · Married on 10/24/2020

Wedding Oct 2020

Booking Ashley as our wedding planner was easily the best decision I made! I found her just over a year from the event, and she was amazing each step of the way. She using google drive with folder to keep all documents organized and on schedule. I hired her in 2019, and with the changes and curve balls that 2020 brought us - she reassured and guided us each step of the way with recommendations regarding potential venue changes, date changes..etc. We had to pull a last minute venue change about 4 weeks from the wedding date and she pulled it all together flawlessly! My husband and I both have time demanding and consuming jobs, so she was huge in making this process manageable. With day of coordination and set up - perfect! She found everything and had it look better than we had envisioned together. She kept the day running smoothly and timely. My parents, in-laws, and wedding party all commented on her professionalism, effectiveness, yet easy-going personality that made us feel comfortable! Highly recommend booking Ashley for your OBX wedding!

Sent on 11/02/2020
  • Kaleigh

Kaleigh W. · Married on 10/10/2020

Ashley is a life saver!

Hiring Southern Hospitality especially during this crazy year was such a big help! I dont know what i would do with out Ashley.

Sent on 10/13/2020
  • Ali

Ali G. · Married on 09/29/2020

Day of Wedding Coordinator, super worth it!

I knew from the start of wedding planning that I wanted a day of coordinator since I don’t live in the OBX. Ashley knocked it out of the park! Very organized, professional and awesome coordinator! Many guests at my wedding said how awesome she was and were very impressed! My wedding had to be pushed up an hour due to inclement weather and typically a bride would be very stressed about this but Ashley took care of calling of the vendors to confirm that they could come earlier, new schedule, etc. Highly recommend Ashley!!

Sent on 10/09/2020
  • Anna

Anna C. · Married on 09/26/2020

Best of the best!

From the very first conversation with Ashley- we knew she was the one we wanted to coordinate our wedding. She was very professional, knowledgeable, and personable. We felt comfortable from the moment we spoke on the phone, to meeting her in person. She helped me navigate all things wedding planning & made the process so simple. She was there and responsive every time we had questions, concerns, thoughts. Due to COVID we kept having to make changes to our plans, including changing the venue a month before, and she didn't even skip a beat! She took care of all vendor contacts, contracts, and the headache of it all. We couldn't have asked for a better planner so we could relax and enjoy the day. Thanks again!

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • Justine

Justine G. · Married on 09/24/2020

The best investment!

Planning a destination wedding in the OBX from NY was a task, planning it in 2020 seemed impossible at times. With so many things up in the air, we truly wouldn’t have been able to logistically (and emotionally) gotten through It without her. We ended up having to postpone from May to Sep and it was a smooth move with her guidance and proactivity. She kept us informed and was always responsive to our many questions and concerns. No question was too small or large. She clearly has tons of experience and good relationships with fellow vendors which makes everything so easy leading up to and the day of! She has a plan A to Z for any foreseen / unforeseen situation and it really puts you at ease. Thank you, Ashley! You are the pearl of the OBX!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor W. · Married on 08/29/2020

The absolute best!

There are not enough words in the dictionary to describe how amazing Ashley and her team at Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events are! I knew from the very beginning I wanted to hire someone to coordinate our wedding day. I wanted to ensure that neither myself, my husband, or our families had to worry about anything on the day of and let me tell you, Ashley knocked that out of the park! She does everything from full wedding planning to day of coordination and I would have trusted her with absolutely everything! Even though we only had day of coordination, she made sure to stay in touch throughout the entire wedding process. She gave recommendations for vendors and guided us whenever we had questions. A few weeks before the wedding she really narrowed in on our day and did all of the last minute organizing, vendor communications, timelines, etc. She thought of everything! On the day of, I didn't have a care in the world. Ashley's services gave me the best gift of being able to fully enjoy that day and not worry about anything else. We also planned our wedding from out of state and through Covid and she was an incredible help through it all. Several times we had to alter our plans because of reopening guidelines and each time she made us feel relaxed and comfortable with all the changes. Even on the day of the wedding when we moved our ceremony time last minute to escape some unfortunate storms, she was a rockstar and made it happen! Ashley was professional and fun to work with and someone you just genuinely want a part of your wedding day! My husband and I truly cannot recommend her and her team more!!

Sent on 09/07/2020
  • Tara

Tara D. · Married on 08/27/2020

We are not sure what we would have done without Ashley

I can't believe it has been almost 2 months since the wedding. Brian and I had been together 25 years before we decided to make it officially official and we knew OBX would be the perfect place but really had know idea where to start. When we reached out to our photographer Ryan who had been doing our family beach vacation photos for many years he said, "Just call Ashley" and thank god we did. We knew it would be a challenge trying to plan something from so far away and we thought starting early would be the best option. There were hiccoughs along the way as I hear every wedding has but right from the beginning we could tell we did not have to worry. Each time something came up I said, "no worries, we have Ashley" and boy was that such the truth! I could tell right from the start that Ashley knew what she was doing and would keep everything under control. She earned her weight in gold right from the start. When our first event home lost their CO and we had to change event homes, she was on it! When we drove from NY to visit the new event home and the agency had a glitch, once again, she was on it. We had a plan A for beautiful day, plan B for rain, and plan C for hurricane. Who would have thought we needed a plan D for a Pandemic! Once again, she was on it! Ashley never missed a step, she kept us grounded, and allowed us to stay calm, wait, and make rational decisions during these times. She assured us that we could decide last minute and she could pull it altogether in the end if needed and she did. Even at the last minute when Covid prevented Brians best friend from coming to officiate our wedding, once again Ashley to the rescue. She knew what was important to us even when we might not have and she made sure it happened. We wanted, simple yet elegant, but also in budget. Because of Ashley we were truly able to celebrate our 27 years with our family and close friends from the beginning of the week to the end of the week. Because of Ashley we were so relaxed to be able to be awake at 6am catching the sunrise with the horses, swimming in the pool only a few hours before, and catching the lightning storm at the end. Ashley you really are amazing and our entire group wants to do it all over again! Sharing a few photos from rehearsal to wedding! Thank you and stay safe. Tara, Brian, Berney, & Jacob

Sent on 10/19/2020

Cara C. · Married on 08/21/2020

Look no further!

Ashley is hands down the best! With Coronavirus this year so many things were up in the air, we went from cancelling our 225 person wedding to planning a small intimate gathering within weeks. Ashley took on all the stress and was kind, patient, and extremely organized! She worked well with all of our vendors and provided us with the perfect day! Could not have asked for anything more! You will not be sorry if you hire her!

Sent on 08/24/2020
  • Gina

Gina · Married on 08/05/2020

Ashley is the expert you NEED at your wedding.

Ashley was our wedding coordinator and was absolutely phenomenal. I truly don't know how my wedding day would have gone without her because of so many different factors. We held our ceremony and reception at a beach house in OBX, and ended up having 40 more people than was originally recommended for space. Our ceremony set-up was very non-traditional and what I though was complicated logistically. On top of that, the forecast was calling for rain and storms the night of the wedding. I think I would have had a nervous breakdown trying to navigate that situation and make all the calls by myself but Ashley was calm, confident, and extremely COMPETENT while we were making our Plan A and Plan B. I trusted her judgment completely and in the end, she made the right call to have us set up everything outdoors and we ended up having a GORGEOUS night. I cannot stress how I will always be so grateful for having her at our wedding because I was fully ready to move everything indoors and we would have missed out on a wonderful outdoor event. Not to mention she put in some serious work setting up our tables and decor in high heat and humidity and everything looked stunning. The first thing anyone should do who is planning a wedding in OBX is hire Ashley. She was the best and most important decision I made during the wedding planning process apart from choosing my groom :)!!

Sent on 06/10/2021
  • Zabrine

Zabrine W. · Married on 06/27/2020

Ashley is a true professional!

Ashley is a godsend! Our wedding was one of the first to occur after this years pandemic began. We had to change venues, guest count, schedule, pretty much everything within a week of our date. She had a plan for EVERYTHING! She has great relationships with all of the vendors and was able to adapt without missing a beat. Our guests were constantly commenting on how on top of things Ashley was from fixing a broken bustle, building our wedding directionals which were delivered with missing parts to making sure I was put together and looking good for every photo and keeping everyone on the itinerary.

OUR DAY WAS AMAZING THANKS TO ASHLEY! Professional, Reliable, Creative, Fun and Organized!

Sent on 10/22/2020

Brittany · Married on 06/06/2020

Would not be able to function without Ashley!

Oh my gosh were do I even begin?! We hired Ashley a year and a half before our wedding, our date had to be pushed due to covid, and THEN we lost our venue 2 weeks prior to the wedding due to covid. ( It was right in the middle of NC numbers peaking). We originally had a 200 guest count and ended up with 39. People were dropping daily, even the week of the wedding still, and Ashely never complained once! She contacted all the vendors for us with updated guest counts so we didn't have to. She stayed so positive and professional through it all! I highly recommend getting her all inclusive package even if you don't think you need it. My parents have had a home in OBX since the 80s, and I went to school for Hospitality so we thought we knew it all but Ashley is a wizard! When things started to get crazy with covid a few weeks prior to the wedding she kept everything so perfectly in order. If you're out of town it's so crucial to hire a planner! She kept the wedding on schedule without us feeling rushed. I felt so relaxed and was able to enjoy our wedding so much thanks to her. Everyone raved about her at the wedding! I am sad we are not working together anymore now that the wedding is over but we had such an amazing experience working with her!

Sent on 11/02/2020

Katlin H. · Married on 10/14/2019

Ashley was amazing!

Ashley did a fabulous job for our day of coordination! She kept everyone in line and kept the night flowing! Ran into a few road bumps throughout the day however Ashley handled it so well and managed to make everything work out so nicely! She made the day of wedding so relaxing and simple for a bride! Planning and coordination with Ashley prior to the wedding was so simple and easy. She responds so timely! Couldn't ask for a better wedding planner! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Morgan C. · Married on 09/12/2019

She gets sh** done.

Where do I start with Ashley? She is truly top notch. I don't know what I would have done without her. She knows so much, is so calm, and gets sh** done. On top of this, all other vendors we booked love working with her, and would get excited when we told them we were working with her. Aside from helping plan and coordinate, she was a wonderful friend throughout the experience, and was so easy to talk to.

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Kirby

Kirby G. · Married on 06/22/2019

You need Ashley!

When we started the wedding process, we quickly found out that many venues on the outer banks require you to at least have a "day of" planner. We quickly booked with Ashley after reading some great reviews. I still thought to myself, why do we need a planner? What exactly are we paying for? Can't my mom just do this?! Now a month after the wedding and I COULD NOT imagine our day without Ashley's help. We went with a custom package that allowed for us to coordinate with each other about 10 weeks out. Ashley LISTENS to exactly what you want and what your vision is for your big day and ensures that it all plays out how you want it. As a bride, you go through the planning process excited but also somewhat nervous as to how its all going to look, come together, etc...we pulled up to the venue and any worry that I had was gone and I was just shocked at how amazing everything looked. Not only how it looked but how seamless the ceremony and reception went. Her number one priority was that my husband and I were focused on enjoying every moment together and she did just that. I just can't say enough about her except that you NEED her for your big day. We love Ashley!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Lindsey · Married on 06/21/2019

Best Wedding Decision!

As a semi-destination wedding, I knew that my busy work schedule and distance would be difficult to plan our wedding from afar. By word of mouth, I heard such great things about Ashley from Southern Hospitality. Once we first talked, I had a good feeling, as she was very down to earth and you could tell right away she was passionate about her job. We used Ashley's help from start to finish and it took away a ton of unnecessary stress on us! If I ever began to stress or become overwhelmed, Ashley was only ever a phone call (sometimes in-person meetups!) or email away. She always had the right things to say, was one step ahead of my own thoughts, and after talking to her, I always felt better during the planning process. Based on all of our personalize meetings, attention to detail, and coordinating all vendors leading up to the day of, Ashley is the definition of a hard worker that you can put your trust into. She does so much behind the scenes that I probably didn't even realize, but she made our wedding day so perfect (and even made sure we enjoyed every second of it!). So if you are looking for a laid back but attentive, go-getter, dog lover, genuine, trustworthy wedding planner, Ashley is your girl. Thank you for EVERYTHING Ashley, we are so glad we got to work with you and enjoyed every moment!

Love,
    The Pandaks

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/11/2019

You’re amazing!!

One of the other vendors said it best, so I’m reinforcing it... Ashley, you are a true “boss babe” and simply “slayed” on our wedding day!! A long with the multiple weddings you likely did that weekend right before ours, you truly have a gift and are amazing at what you do to ensure every guest, family member, and bride & groom have a wonderful experience. How you also stay “that” sweet, beyond composed in chaos, and with so much energy and dedication towards your clients, vendor family team, etc. just amazed me, and really showed up on day of! For us not knowing each other much before the “big day”, I felt like we had been friends for years (which mostly consisted of me ranting about my bride facial sweat or dog obsession right before headed down the aisle, lol) and I’m just so very thankful we chose you to help us stay on track throughout the evening! You are simply the best, you totally rock, and I sure hope our paths cross again!! Much love, xoxox - Katie and Rollin.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Melissa A. · Married on 05/31/2019

Made our dream wedding a reality!

Ashley, of Southern Hospitality, was hands down the best wedding planner we could have ever dreamed of! In the year plus that we worked with her, she really listened to our hopes and dreams for our big day, was quick to respond to any email requests, got us the most outstanding vendors in the Outer Banks area, and put together a spectacular wedding. It rained during part of our big day, so Ashley had to change some plans for our outdoor wedding and reception. She hustled to make the transition from outdoor festivities to indoor festivities completely seamless. We were truly grateful we hired her.
    Plus, Ashley is just an all-around wonderful person to know and talk to. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed every encounter with her and we look forward to having more family events in OBX with Ashley not only planning them, but attending as a guest as well.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • MORGAN

Morgan · Married on 05/22/2019

AMAZING! Appreciated Beyond Words!

My husband and I were married on 5.22.19 at the Sound to Sea Beach Club and hired Ashley as our day of coordinator and words cannot express how appreciative we are of Ashley and her assistant! Of the vendors we hired for our day, Id hire Ashley over and over. She didnt bat an eyelash when we told her we were having a Wednesday wedding and she was more than willing to help! Being from Pittsburgh and having to transport all of our decor and such, I was really nervous about how everything was going to get accomplished but Ashley handled it all with ease! She decorated our reception perfectly, managed the other vendors and the guests as they arrived, handled any mishaps so that I didnt have to, and even helped break down the decor at the end of the night. I didnt have to stress over anything that day, I was able to sit back and get ready and soak in every moment. PLUS, she loves dogs- FYI for you doggy parents wanting your fur babies as part of your ceremony like we did! She communicated with my through email/phone calls every step of the way and was helpful and kind each time. Im so glad we crossed paths and cannot recommend her more highly. We felt like we'd hired a friend! Thank you Ashley, we appreciate everything you did for us more than you know!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline C. · Married on 05/11/2019

The best planner we could ask for!

Ashley was THE BEST! Our wedding day would not have been the same without her. She took my photos of my dream wedding and turned it into reality. She is a calming presence on your wedding day, but also makes sure that your vendors are on time and everything runs smoothly. Ashley is not only an amazing wedding planner, but she's also a great person. I was sick the week of my wedding, and she texted me to check on me. She genuinely cares about her brides, and she goes above and beyond to make the day perfect. I can not recommend her enough! Thank you again, Ashley!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Ally · Married on 05/04/2019

Ashley was great! Our wedding day went so smoothly!

Ashley was great! She helped us through our whole planning process, was very responsive and helped us figure out what our best options were and explored various avenues for decor (hiring vendors, vs DIY, etc). While planning the wedding from afar Ashley was very responsive to texts/emails and available for in person meetings when we came into town. Unfortunately, we had experienced some family drama leading up to the wedding and Ashley was very helpful with diffusing awkward situations and was always looking out for our best interest! We were able to drop our decor off the night before and when we walked into the venue the next day everything was perfectly set up and arranged as we envisioned! Ashley had some complimentary signage and props we were able to use for our decor, which was much appreciated! Ashley was a huge help on our wedding day, from making sure we ate, to making sure the dogs had water/treats, to helping safety pin my dress when the bussell wouldn't hold. Our day was perfect and ran so smoothly, credit is due to Ashley for her preparation and coordination during the rehearsal and wedding. It was such a good feeling to not have to stress about the details of the day knowing that Ashley had it under control!

Sent on 07/22/2019