Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events Reviews

65 Reviews for Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events

• Haley

Haley Harrell · Married on 10/24/2020

Wedding Oct 2020

Booking Ashley as our wedding planner was easily the best decision I made! I found her just over a year from the event, and she was amazing each step of the way. She using google drive with folder to keep all documents organized and on schedule. I hired her in 2019, and with the changes and curve balls that 2020 brought us - she reassured and guided us each step of the way with recommendations regarding potential venue changes, date changes..etc. We had to pull a last minute venue change about 4 weeks from the wedding date and she pulled it all together flawlessly! My husband and I both have time demanding and consuming jobs, so she was huge in making this process manageable. With day of coordination and set up - perfect! She found everything and had it look better than we had envisioned together. She kept the day running smoothly and timely. My parents, in-laws, and wedding party all commented on her professionalism, effectiveness, yet easy-going personality that made us feel comfortable! Highly recommend booking Ashley for your OBX wedding!

Sent on 11/02/2020
  • Kaleigh

Kaleigh White · Married on 10/10/2020

Ashley is a life saver!

Hiring Southern Hospitality especially during this crazy year was such a big help! I dont know what i would do with out Ashley.

Sent on 10/13/2020
  • Ali

Ali Gros · Married on 09/29/2020

Day of Wedding Coordinator, super worth it!

I knew from the start of wedding planning that I wanted a day of coordinator since I don’t live in the OBX. Ashley knocked it out of the park! Very organized, professional and awesome coordinator! Many guests at my wedding said how awesome she was and were very impressed! My wedding had to be pushed up an hour due to inclement weather and typically a bride would be very stressed about this but Ashley took care of calling of the vendors to confirm that they could come earlier, new schedule, etc. Highly recommend Ashley!!

Sent on 10/09/2020
  • Anna

Anna Campbell · Married on 09/26/2020

Best of the best!

From the very first conversation with Ashley- we knew she was the one we wanted to coordinate our wedding. She was very professional, knowledgeable, and personable. We felt comfortable from the moment we spoke on the phone, to meeting her in person. She helped me navigate all things wedding planning & made the process so simple. She was there and responsive every time we had questions, concerns, thoughts. Due to COVID we kept having to make changes to our plans, including changing the venue a month before, and she didn't even skip a beat! She took care of all vendor contacts, contracts, and the headache of it all. We couldn't have asked for a better planner so we could relax and enjoy the day. Thanks again!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Justine Gervacio · Married on 09/24/2020

The best investment!

Planning a destination wedding in the OBX from NY was a task, planning it in 2020 seemed impossible at times. With so many things up in the air, we truly wouldn’t have been able to logistically (and emotionally) gotten through It without her. We ended up having to postpone from May to Sep and it was a smooth move with her guidance and proactivity. She kept us informed and was always responsive to our many questions and concerns. No question was too small or large. She clearly has tons of experience and good relationships with fellow vendors which makes everything so easy leading up to and the day of! She has a plan A to Z for any foreseen / unforeseen situation and it really puts you at ease. Thank you, Ashley! You are the pearl of the OBX!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor Watkins · Married on 08/29/2020

The absolute best!

There are not enough words in the dictionary to describe how amazing Ashley and her team at Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events are! I knew from the very beginning I wanted to hire someone to coordinate our wedding day. I wanted to ensure that neither myself, my husband, or our families had to worry about anything on the day of and let me tell you, Ashley knocked that out of the park! She does everything from full wedding planning to day of coordination and I would have trusted her with absolutely everything! Even though we only had day of coordination, she made sure to stay in touch throughout the entire wedding process. She gave recommendations for vendors and guided us whenever we had questions. A few weeks before the wedding she really narrowed in on our day and did all of the last minute organizing, vendor communications, timelines, etc. She thought of everything! On the day of, I didn't have a care in the world. Ashley's services gave me the best gift of being able to fully enjoy that day and not worry about anything else. We also planned our wedding from out of state and through Covid and she was an incredible help through it all. Several times we had to alter our plans because of reopening guidelines and each time she made us feel relaxed and comfortable with all the changes. Even on the day of the wedding when we moved our ceremony time last minute to escape some unfortunate storms, she was a rockstar and made it happen! Ashley was professional and fun to work with and someone you just genuinely want a part of your wedding day! My husband and I truly cannot recommend her and her team more!!

Sent on 09/07/2020
  • Tara

Tara DeGiorgi · Married on 08/27/2020

We are not sure what we would have done without Ashley

I can't believe it has been almost 2 months since the wedding. Brian and I had been together 25 years before we decided to make it officially official and we knew OBX would be the perfect place but really had know idea where to start. When we reached out to our photographer Ryan who had been doing our family beach vacation photos for many years he said, "Just call Ashley" and thank god we did. We knew it would be a challenge trying to plan something from so far away and we thought starting early would be the best option. There were hiccoughs along the way as I hear every wedding has but right from the beginning we could tell we did not have to worry. Each time something came up I said, "no worries, we have Ashley" and boy was that such the truth! I could tell right from the start that Ashley knew what she was doing and would keep everything under control. She earned her weight in gold right from the start. When our first event home lost their CO and we had to change event homes, she was on it! When we drove from NY to visit the new event home and the agency had a glitch, once again, she was on it. We had a plan A for beautiful day, plan B for rain, and plan C for hurricane. Who would have thought we needed a plan D for a Pandemic! Once again, she was on it! Ashley never missed a step, she kept us grounded, and allowed us to stay calm, wait, and make rational decisions during these times. She assured us that we could decide last minute and she could pull it altogether in the end if needed and she did. Even at the last minute when Covid prevented Brians best friend from coming to officiate our wedding, once again Ashley to the rescue. She knew what was important to us even when we might not have and she made sure it happened. We wanted, simple yet elegant, but also in budget. Because of Ashley we were truly able to celebrate our 27 years with our family and close friends from the beginning of the week to the end of the week. Because of Ashley we were so relaxed to be able to be awake at 6am catching the sunrise with the horses, swimming in the pool only a few hours before, and catching the lightning storm at the end. Ashley you really are amazing and our entire group wants to do it all over again! Sharing a few photos from rehearsal to wedding! Thank you and stay safe. Tara, Brian, Berney, & Jacob

Sent on 10/19/2020

Cara Copeman · Married on 08/21/2020

Look no further!

Ashley is hands down the best! With Coronavirus this year so many things were up in the air, we went from cancelling our 225 person wedding to planning a small intimate gathering within weeks. Ashley took on all the stress and was kind, patient, and extremely organized! She worked well with all of our vendors and provided us with the perfect day! Could not have asked for anything more! You will not be sorry if you hire her!

Sent on 08/24/2020
  • Zabrine

Zabrine Watson · Married on 06/27/2020

Ashley is a true professional!

Ashley is a godsend! Our wedding was one of the first to occur after this years pandemic began. We had to change venues, guest count, schedule, pretty much everything within a week of our date. She had a plan for EVERYTHING! She has great relationships with all of the vendors and was able to adapt without missing a beat. Our guests were constantly commenting on how on top of things Ashley was from fixing a broken bustle, building our wedding directionals which were delivered with missing parts to making sure I was put together and looking good for every photo and keeping everyone on the itinerary.

OUR DAY WAS AMAZING THANKS TO ASHLEY! Professional, Reliable, Creative, Fun and Organized!

Sent on 10/22/2020

Brittany · Married on 06/06/2020

Would not be able to function without Ashley!

Oh my gosh were do I even begin?! We hired Ashley a year and a half before our wedding, our date had to be pushed due to covid, and THEN we lost our venue 2 weeks prior to the wedding due to covid. ( It was right in the middle of NC numbers peaking). We originally had a 200 guest count and ended up with 39. People were dropping daily, even the week of the wedding still, and Ashely never complained once! She contacted all the vendors for us with updated guest counts so we didn't have to. She stayed so positive and professional through it all! I highly recommend getting her all inclusive package even if you don't think you need it. My parents have had a home in OBX since the 80s, and I went to school for Hospitality so we thought we knew it all but Ashley is a wizard! When things started to get crazy with covid a few weeks prior to the wedding she kept everything so perfectly in order. If you're out of town it's so crucial to hire a planner! She kept the wedding on schedule without us feeling rushed. I felt so relaxed and was able to enjoy our wedding so much thanks to her. Everyone raved about her at the wedding! I am sad we are not working together anymore now that the wedding is over but we had such an amazing experience working with her!

Sent on 11/02/2020

Katlin Hunt · Married on 10/14/2019

Ashley was amazing!

Ashley did a fabulous job for our day of coordination! She kept everyone in line and kept the night flowing! Ran into a few road bumps throughout the day however Ashley handled it so well and managed to make everything work out so nicely! She made the day of wedding so relaxing and simple for a bride! Planning and coordination with Ashley prior to the wedding was so simple and easy. She responds so timely! Couldn't ask for a better wedding planner! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Morgan Cummings · Married on 09/12/2019

She gets sh** done.

Where do I start with Ashley? She is truly top notch. I don't know what I would have done without her. She knows so much, is so calm, and gets sh** done. On top of this, all other vendors we booked love working with her, and would get excited when we told them we were working with her. Aside from helping plan and coordinate, she was a wonderful friend throughout the experience, and was so easy to talk to.

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Kirby

Kirby Gupton · Married on 06/22/2019

You need Ashley!

When we started the wedding process, we quickly found out that many venues on the outer banks require you to at least have a "day of" planner. We quickly booked with Ashley after reading some great reviews. I still thought to myself, why do we need a planner? What exactly are we paying for? Can't my mom just do this?! Now a month after the wedding and I COULD NOT imagine our day without Ashley's help. We went with a custom package that allowed for us to coordinate with each other about 10 weeks out. Ashley LISTENS to exactly what you want and what your vision is for your big day and ensures that it all plays out how you want it. As a bride, you go through the planning process excited but also somewhat nervous as to how its all going to look, come together, etc...we pulled up to the venue and any worry that I had was gone and I was just shocked at how amazing everything looked. Not only how it looked but how seamless the ceremony and reception went. Her number one priority was that my husband and I were focused on enjoying every moment together and she did just that. I just can't say enough about her except that you NEED her for your big day. We love Ashley!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Lindsey · Married on 06/21/2019

Best Wedding Decision!

As a semi-destination wedding, I knew that my busy work schedule and distance would be difficult to plan our wedding from afar. By word of mouth, I heard such great things about Ashley from Southern Hospitality. Once we first talked, I had a good feeling, as she was very down to earth and you could tell right away she was passionate about her job. We used Ashley's help from start to finish and it took away a ton of unnecessary stress on us! If I ever began to stress or become overwhelmed, Ashley was only ever a phone call (sometimes in-person meetups!) or email away. She always had the right things to say, was one step ahead of my own thoughts, and after talking to her, I always felt better during the planning process. Based on all of our personalize meetings, attention to detail, and coordinating all vendors leading up to the day of, Ashley is the definition of a hard worker that you can put your trust into. She does so much behind the scenes that I probably didn't even realize, but she made our wedding day so perfect (and even made sure we enjoyed every second of it!). So if you are looking for a laid back but attentive, go-getter, dog lover, genuine, trustworthy wedding planner, Ashley is your girl. Thank you for EVERYTHING Ashley, we are so glad we got to work with you and enjoyed every moment!

Love,
    The Pandaks

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/11/2019

You’re amazing!!

One of the other vendors said it best, so I’m reinforcing it... Ashley, you are a true “boss babe” and simply “slayed” on our wedding day!! A long with the multiple weddings you likely did that weekend right before ours, you truly have a gift and are amazing at what you do to ensure every guest, family member, and bride & groom have a wonderful experience. How you also stay “that” sweet, beyond composed in chaos, and with so much energy and dedication towards your clients, vendor family team, etc. just amazed me, and really showed up on day of! For us not knowing each other much before the “big day”, I felt like we had been friends for years (which mostly consisted of me ranting about my bride facial sweat or dog obsession right before headed down the aisle, lol) and I’m just so very thankful we chose you to help us stay on track throughout the evening! You are simply the best, you totally rock, and I sure hope our paths cross again!! Much love, xoxox - Katie and Rollin.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Melissa Ann P. · Married on 05/31/2019

Made our dream wedding a reality!

Ashley, of Southern Hospitality, was hands down the best wedding planner we could have ever dreamed of! In the year plus that we worked with her, she really listened to our hopes and dreams for our big day, was quick to respond to any email requests, got us the most outstanding vendors in the Outer Banks area, and put together a spectacular wedding. It rained during part of our big day, so Ashley had to change some plans for our outdoor wedding and reception. She hustled to make the transition from outdoor festivities to indoor festivities completely seamless. We were truly grateful we hired her.
    Plus, Ashley is just an all-around wonderful person to know and talk to. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed every encounter with her and we look forward to having more family events in OBX with Ashley not only planning them, but attending as a guest as well.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • MORGAN

MORGAN · Married on 05/22/2019

AMAZING! Appreciated Beyond Words!

My husband and I were married on 5.22.19 at the Sound to Sea Beach Club and hired Ashley as our day of coordinator and words cannot express how appreciative we are of Ashley and her assistant! Of the vendors we hired for our day, Id hire Ashley over and over. She didnt bat an eyelash when we told her we were having a Wednesday wedding and she was more than willing to help! Being from Pittsburgh and having to transport all of our decor and such, I was really nervous about how everything was going to get accomplished but Ashley handled it all with ease! She decorated our reception perfectly, managed the other vendors and the guests as they arrived, handled any mishaps so that I didnt have to, and even helped break down the decor at the end of the night. I didnt have to stress over anything that day, I was able to sit back and get ready and soak in every moment. PLUS, she loves dogs- FYI for you doggy parents wanting your fur babies as part of your ceremony like we did! She communicated with my through email/phone calls every step of the way and was helpful and kind each time. Im so glad we crossed paths and cannot recommend her more highly. We felt like we'd hired a friend! Thank you Ashley, we appreciate everything you did for us more than you know!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline Coleburn · Married on 05/11/2019

The best planner we could ask for!

Ashley was THE BEST! Our wedding day would not have been the same without her. She took my photos of my dream wedding and turned it into reality. She is a calming presence on your wedding day, but also makes sure that your vendors are on time and everything runs smoothly. Ashley is not only an amazing wedding planner, but she's also a great person. I was sick the week of my wedding, and she texted me to check on me. She genuinely cares about her brides, and she goes above and beyond to make the day perfect. I can not recommend her enough! Thank you again, Ashley!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Ally · Married on 05/04/2019

Ashley was great! Our wedding day went so smoothly!

Ashley was great! She helped us through our whole planning process, was very responsive and helped us figure out what our best options were and explored various avenues for decor (hiring vendors, vs DIY, etc). While planning the wedding from afar Ashley was very responsive to texts/emails and available for in person meetings when we came into town. Unfortunately, we had experienced some family drama leading up to the wedding and Ashley was very helpful with diffusing awkward situations and was always looking out for our best interest! We were able to drop our decor off the night before and when we walked into the venue the next day everything was perfectly set up and arranged as we envisioned! Ashley had some complimentary signage and props we were able to use for our decor, which was much appreciated! Ashley was a huge help on our wedding day, from making sure we ate, to making sure the dogs had water/treats, to helping safety pin my dress when the bussell wouldn't hold. Our day was perfect and ran so smoothly, credit is due to Ashley for her preparation and coordination during the rehearsal and wedding. It was such a good feeling to not have to stress about the details of the day knowing that Ashley had it under control!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Katie

Katie Miller · Married on 04/27/2019

Well worth the expense and piece of mind

Ashley was great to work with and very organized. I hired her for day of coordinating and I never worried that she wouldn’t execute my vision perfectly. She also is recommended highly by my other vendors which always gives you piece of mind. She’s lovely!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Rachel · Married on 04/19/2019

Worth every penny and more!

If I could leave Ashley a 10 star review, I would! We were planning our wedding from across the country and I was never worried. We hired Ashley for full service planning and it was the BEST decision we made! She knew all of the best vendors, coordinated everything flawlessly, and handled every little detail. On the day of it was so nice to just relax in my bridal suite with my bridesmaids, knowing that Ashley and her team were handling all of the chaos outside. She was there from setup to take down and the whole day turned out beautifully thanks to her. I would recommend Southern Hospitality to any OBX couple any day!

Sent on 04/28/2019

Cori Falls · Married on 10/28/2018

Excellent!

Having a wedding planner for the day of is so worth it! Ashley was amazing! Everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding and turned out perfectly! Ashley goes above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect for her clients and you can tell she really loves what she does. She was so nice to work with and very responsive to any questions or concerns that I had. I would highly recommend her to anyone planning an OBX wedding!!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Jacque · Married on 10/26/2018

Hiring Ashley is the BEST wedding planning decision we made!!

In two words.....HIRE ASHLEY!
    As a detail-oriented, i-dotting and t-crossing, decor-loving researcher and mother-of-the-bride, I would have needed to read further......hopefully by the time you get to the end of this, you will come to the same excellent decision we did!!!!
    After our daughter's engagement last Christmas Eve, our daughter held firm on her desire of many years....she wanted to get married in the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina, our home away from home! We were overwhelmed thinking about the multitude of details associated with planning a wedding from afar (we live in Maryland, the bride and groom live in Wisconsin). We recognized we would need some expertise and guidance. After researching and talking with multiple planners, Ashley of Southern Hospitality Weddings and Events is the first vendor we hired and the best wedding decision we made!!!!
    During our first planning meeting, Ashley asked excellent questions, listened carefully to our responses, helped us hone our likes and dislikes, and professionally presented numerous vendor options with detailed descriptions of each. Her knowledge of wedding planning and the various vendor options in the Outer Banks are extraordinary. She gave objective descriptions of each vendor, providing us with insight for making informed decisions. Ashley continued to provide knowledgeable guidance throughout our wedding planning journey. She was always only a phone call, email or text away, and was extremely responsive every step of the way!
    Thankfully, we hired Ashley prior to the January Outer Banks Wedding Expo, and her value immediately became apparent. Our next priority was wedding venue, as that would drive many of our other needs and choices. Choosing a venue in the OBX was difficult given our expectation of 150+ guests. We discussed multiple options with Ashley prior to the Expo weekend and toured properties with her our first day down. Our last venue option, the Whalehead at Historic Corolla, was the obvious winner when the bride cried as she walked along the scenic boardwalk on the Curritck Sound (aka, the bride's "aisle").
    With venue decision made, Ashley helped us prioritize our trek around the overwhelming Expo, helping us focus on first needs first. This made the expo an extremely productive visit, especially important given the "blank canvas" of the Whalehead Club (i.e., lots of vendor decisions to make) and the limited time we would have in the Outer Banks prior to the wedding in October. During the Expo we booked several vendors, including:
    ~our wedding cake (Just Desserts-look no further-we've never tasted a better cake anywhere and Melinda is a doll!),
    ~our photographer (Matt Lusk Photography-what an amazing eye and ability to capture precious moments - even during a Nor'easter),
    ~our videographer (Swell Productions-Chris and Chris are great to work with & we can't wait to see the finished product),
    ~narrowed our catering choice to two (Lone Cedar-our ultimate excellent choice-how did they deliver 170 delicious meals out of a catering tent during that storm?? Thank you Victoria and ALL) and Black Pelican-another great option),
    ~met with both Metro Rentals (ultimate fabulous and flexible choice - that storm necessitated a lot of last minute rental flexibility by Rob, Holly & team!!) and Ocean Atlantic Rentals (another great option- loved Leah!) and ~chatted with a number of floral designers.
    It was an amazingly organized and productive Expo weekend, mostly due to Ashley's expertise and guidance.
    From that weekend forward, Ashley was there for us as advisor, therapist, mediator, friend, organizer, scheduler, liaison, and work horse. She kept us on track and on schedule with everything! She advised on everything from:
    ~housing (Jenna Scarborough at Twiddy was so helpful), to
    ~hair and make-up (Lovie's Ladies are incredibly talented and genuinely care about their clients),
    ~rehearsal dinner venues (the Sanderling Resort - Kimball's Kitchen did a beautiful job),
    ~to stationery, to decor ideas,
    ~to officiant (Tony Joseph, IDOOBX - we were thrilled with his professional and fabulous officiating),
    ~to catering recommendations for other events during the week (thank you Lighthouse Bagels and La Dolce Vita-would also be a great rehearsal dinner venue!!!),
    ~to transportation options (Sean with Corolla Trolley was delightful and timely), and more!
    In the days leading up to the wedding, it became apparent that the looming Nor'easter would have an impact on numerous aspects of our wedding day plans. Ashley was there to research and calmly advise us regarding our options. She diligently worked through all necessary changes with vendors so that we could enjoy our time with friends and family as they arrived in town. She pulled everything together and made things happen!!
    Last, but certainly not least, Ashley is a delightful human being and a pleasure to work with!!!!
    Obviously, we would highly recommend Ashley and Southern Hospitality Weddings and Events to anyone for their special day!! Happy planning!!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Barrie · Married on 10/06/2018

We hired Ashley as the day of coordinator for my daughter's wedding and could not have been happier. She is obviously doing what she was meant to do in life! She is extremely organized, prompt, flexible, and knowledgeable. She truly cares about the bride and groom and making sure their day is perfect. She worked hard all day setting up and coordinating all the vendors, and was there all night at the ceremony and reception making sure everything ran smoothly. Ashley is amazing and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Emily · Married on 09/24/2018

Amazing wedding planner!

Ashley was amazing to work with from beginning to end. She was quick to respond to many questions, we planned our wedding from New York, hours away. We hired her for day of coordination and it was the best money we spent on our wedding day! She was there early setting up and making our vision come to life. She was so calming and friendly and kept us on track the entire night. She was amazing to work with and would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 11/27/2018