Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events Reviews

Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 6
Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 7

Cori Falls · Married on 10/28/2018

Excellent!

Having a wedding planner for the day of is so worth it! Ashley was amazing! Everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding and turned out perfectly! Ashley goes above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect for her clients and you can tell she really loves what she does. She was so nice to work with and very responsive to any questions or concerns that I had. I would highly recommend her to anyone planning an OBX wedding!!

Jacque · Married on 10/26/2018

Hiring Ashley is the BEST wedding planning decision we made!!

In two words.....HIRE ASHLEY!
    As a detail-oriented, i-dotting and t-crossing, decor-loving researcher and mother-of-the-bride, I would have needed to read further......hopefully by the time you get to the end of this, you will come to the same excellent decision we did!!!!
    After our daughter's engagement last Christmas Eve, our daughter held firm on her desire of many years....she wanted to get married in the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina, our home away from home! We were overwhelmed thinking about the multitude of details associated with planning a wedding from afar (we live in Maryland, the bride and groom live in Wisconsin). We recognized we would need some expertise and guidance. After researching and talking with multiple planners, Ashley of Southern Hospitality Weddings and Events is the first vendor we hired and the best wedding decision we made!!!!
    During our first planning meeting, Ashley asked excellent questions, listened carefully to our responses, helped us hone our likes and dislikes, and professionally presented numerous vendor options with detailed descriptions of each. Her knowledge of wedding planning and the various vendor options in the Outer Banks are extraordinary. She gave objective descriptions of each vendor, providing us with insight for making informed decisions. Ashley continued to provide knowledgeable guidance throughout our wedding planning journey. She was always only a phone call, email or text away, and was extremely responsive every step of the way!
    Thankfully, we hired Ashley prior to the January Outer Banks Wedding Expo, and her value immediately became apparent. Our next priority was wedding venue, as that would drive many of our other needs and choices. Choosing a venue in the OBX was difficult given our expectation of 150+ guests. We discussed multiple options with Ashley prior to the Expo weekend and toured properties with her our first day down. Our last venue option, the Whalehead at Historic Corolla, was the obvious winner when the bride cried as she walked along the scenic boardwalk on the Curritck Sound (aka, the bride's "aisle").
    With venue decision made, Ashley helped us prioritize our trek around the overwhelming Expo, helping us focus on first needs first. This made the expo an extremely productive visit, especially important given the "blank canvas" of the Whalehead Club (i.e., lots of vendor decisions to make) and the limited time we would have in the Outer Banks prior to the wedding in October. During the Expo we booked several vendors, including:
    ~our wedding cake (Just Desserts-look no further-we've never tasted a better cake anywhere and Melinda is a doll!),
    ~our photographer (Matt Lusk Photography-what an amazing eye and ability to capture precious moments - even during a Nor'easter),
    ~our videographer (Swell Productions-Chris and Chris are great to work with & we can't wait to see the finished product),
    ~narrowed our catering choice to two (Lone Cedar-our ultimate excellent choice-how did they deliver 170 delicious meals out of a catering tent during that storm?? Thank you Victoria and ALL) and Black Pelican-another great option),
    ~met with both Metro Rentals (ultimate fabulous and flexible choice - that storm necessitated a lot of last minute rental flexibility by Rob, Holly & team!!) and Ocean Atlantic Rentals (another great option- loved Leah!) and ~chatted with a number of floral designers.
    It was an amazingly organized and productive Expo weekend, mostly due to Ashley's expertise and guidance.
    From that weekend forward, Ashley was there for us as advisor, therapist, mediator, friend, organizer, scheduler, liaison, and work horse. She kept us on track and on schedule with everything! She advised on everything from:
    ~housing (Jenna Scarborough at Twiddy was so helpful), to
    ~hair and make-up (Lovie's Ladies are incredibly talented and genuinely care about their clients),
    ~rehearsal dinner venues (the Sanderling Resort - Kimball's Kitchen did a beautiful job),
    ~to stationery, to decor ideas,
    ~to officiant (Tony Joseph, IDOOBX - we were thrilled with his professional and fabulous officiating),
    ~to catering recommendations for other events during the week (thank you Lighthouse Bagels and La Dolce Vita-would also be a great rehearsal dinner venue!!!),
    ~to transportation options (Sean with Corolla Trolley was delightful and timely), and more!
    In the days leading up to the wedding, it became apparent that the looming Nor'easter would have an impact on numerous aspects of our wedding day plans. Ashley was there to research and calmly advise us regarding our options. She diligently worked through all necessary changes with vendors so that we could enjoy our time with friends and family as they arrived in town. She pulled everything together and made things happen!!
    Last, but certainly not least, Ashley is a delightful human being and a pleasure to work with!!!!
    Obviously, we would highly recommend Ashley and Southern Hospitality Weddings and Events to anyone for their special day!! Happy planning!!

Barrie · Married on 10/06/2018

We hired Ashley as the day of coordinator for my daughter's wedding and could not have been happier. She is obviously doing what she was meant to do in life! She is extremely organized, prompt, flexible, and knowledgeable. She truly cares about the bride and groom and making sure their day is perfect. She worked hard all day setting up and coordinating all the vendors, and was there all night at the ceremony and reception making sure everything ran smoothly. Ashley is amazing and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator!

Emily · Married on 09/24/2018

Amazing wedding planner!

Ashley was amazing to work with from beginning to end. She was quick to respond to many questions, we planned our wedding from New York, hours away. We hired her for day of coordination and it was the best money we spent on our wedding day! She was there early setting up and making our vision come to life. She was so calming and friendly and kept us on track the entire night. She was amazing to work with and would highly recommend to anyone!

Madison · Married on 09/07/2018

Ashley made our wedding day absolutely flawless! The months leading up to our wedding she was constantly following up, answering all 1 million of my questions, and giving advice and suggestions on how to make our wedding flow seamlessly! On our day of the wedding she was running the show behind the scenes and I didn't have to stress or worry about a thing. She even went as far as helping us get food and drinks during the reception because we couldn't catch a breath between saying hi to everyone! Ashley is amazing and I would highly recommend hiring her for your wedding!

Stephanie · Married on 08/24/2018

Ashley is amazing!

I could not imagine my wedding without Ashley. She takes all your stress away and has so much experience that everything is just seamless. She helped me in the planning process as I was agonizing over linens to everything through the wedding week and of course day of. She kept us on track and knows all the vendors, and of course has wonderful relationships with them!

Having Ashley is by far worth every cent! Book her today.

Heidi · Married on 08/21/2018

I can't begin to thank Southern Hospitality Wedding & Events enough for everything Ashley did to help with our wedding. I can honestly say that I was on the fence about having a wedding planner. I am from Ohio and figured I could likely take care of everything on the own, after all I consider myself to be a rather organized person. I can honestly say I would have been a complete nervous wreck without Ashley!!!

I did a lot of planning on my own but Ashley was there every step of the way to answer questions and help me choose the best vendors for what I was looking for. Once the wedding got closer we worked on the timeline and Ashley brought up stuff that I had never even begun to think about! She was soo well organized and had everything on point. She sent my timeline to all my vendors and made sure everyone was on the same page.

The day of the wedding I was able to enjoy myself and spend time with my bridesmaids and family STRESS FREE. Yes, I said Stress free!!! Ashley took care of everything. My wedding reception venue looked absolutely amazing! It was everything I had dreamed of and more! The best advice I can give any future OBX bride is to book Ashley now! She is the BEST the obx has to offer and you will not be disappointed!!!

Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 8
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 15
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 16
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 17

Becca · Married on 08/04/2018

We are so thankful and happy that we chose to have Ashley as our Day of Wedding Coordinator. She was the most incredible vendor and went so above and beyond for us all through our wedding journey!! She was so responsive with emails and even provided emotional support when we were dealing with some wedding stress! We can’t begin to describe enough about how lucky we are that we chose Ashley to help make our day so perfect! She was always willing to change things and help us whenever she sensed we needed something!! From taking charge at our rehearsal dinner and ordering our large bridal party into place, to getting our plates of food, to hugging us goodbye as we were soaking wet in the pool at the end of the night! Some people don’t know if they need a day of coordinator but trust me, Ashley is so worth it! I can’t imagine what it would have been like without her and everyone commented on how amazing she was and our wedding was! Thank you so much Ashley!! You are the best person and Dan and I are so happy you helped make our wedding dreams go above and beyond!!!

Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 18
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 24
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 25
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 26

Kelly · Married on 06/30/2018

Ashley is absolutely amazing! My husband and I met Ashley at a wedding expo in the Outer Banks after being told by countless vendors that you should really book a wedding planner. Ashley was our day of coordinator but she was really much more than that! She was willing to answer any questions and offer advice leading up to our day and was in contact to make sure everything ran smoothly way before our wedding day. We really wanted a wedding coordinator that would be behind the scenes and not bossy to our guests. Ashley was perfect for this. She was kind, friendly, welcoming, and did more for us than we could have even imagined. We originally thought we could run the wedding without a wedding coordinator, but we definitely could not have done it without her. If you need a wedding coordinator, look no further - Ashley is your girl! =)

Chris · Married on 06/10/2018

ashley is incredible! she is so easy to work with and accessible i can’t tell you over 2 years how many emails we exchanged! she made my fairy tale wedding a reality. it was all i had dreamed of! the vendors she recommended were absolutely fantastic and my guests raves ours was the best wedding they’d ever attended. she is just the best!!! i’m going to miss her now that i’m married.

Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 27
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 28
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 29
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 30
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 31
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 32
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/09/2018

This girl- I can't say enough good things about her. She knocked it out of the park for my wedding. Trying to put in to words what she did for me and my now husband is hard to describe. Ashley is a saint and knows is exactly what she's doing. Not having her be a part of your wedding day would be your biggest mistake. She will bring your vision to life, and make sure that your day will be absolutely flawless, and for that we are forever thankful!

Kate · Married on 05/11/2018

Ashley was absolutely amazing! My husband and I planned our OBX destination wedding from Pennsylvania and we definitely could not have done it without Ashley. The week of the wedding I was told that the eucalyptus I had ordered months ago had not shipped. I was an absolute mess. I called Ashley and she had everything taken care of (even though the eucalyptus actually ended up coming!). Ashley also set up all of the decorations for our beach house reception and even arranged the flowers I had ordered for the centerpieces. Everything was BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much Ashley for making our wedding the best day ever!

Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 33
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 34
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 35
  • I

Ivy · Married on 05/10/2018

I cannot say enough positive words to describe working with Ashley. She assisted us with many aspects such a finding the house for renting, rehearsal dinner caterers and deco, wedding location, cakes, floral and much more. As the owner of a catering business in CT, I thought planning my own wedding would be easy... I was wrong. Life is so busy and having that helping hand brought me peace of mind. Ashley was ready for anything... yes we discovered the grooms cloths were left in CT about an hour before the wedding. She offered to go shopping right off the bat. Once we figured out a plan she was ironing the new outfit. Thank you Ashley, I owe you a wonderful week!

Allison · Married on 05/04/2018

We had the most amazing experience working with Ashley this past year! Our 5/4/18 wedding went off without a hitch, and we couldn't have done it without her help from start to finish. Ashley was so responsive and helpful through all the ins and outs of wedding planning. When it came to the wedding day, her calm attitude really helped set the mood for us that day too (bride & groom) :) She's one of a kind & you can tell she is so passionate about weddings and helping couples experience the best wedding they could have ever dreamed of. Thanks Ashley! And GO DUKES! :)

Chelsea & Mathias · Married on 03/24/2018

Working with Ashley was wonderful! We worked with her on her Coordination & Consultation Package, which was great because we needed her guidance and advice throughout the planning process as this was a destination wedding for us. We were married March 24, 2018 at the Kitty Hawk Pier, and worked with Southern Hospitality since summer of 2017. From the start, she was professional and detail-oriented, asking us questions and offering advice on things we hadn’t even considered! She showed immediate interest in our Pinterest Boards and helped guide us with vendor options, as well as local pricing and what was within the appropriate range and what could probably be negotiated (I negotiate for a living but had no clue what is appropriate pricing ranges on the OBX). Having Ashley there on our wedding day was amazing. My husband and I were able to be fully present, and my Mom and sister (MOH) were too! She managed every detail, as well as gave our tips to vendors and coordinated everything along with Miha from the Pier house Events Team. Ashley made sure everything happened on-time and was GREAT at keeping us on track for vendor payments before the big day. She created a to-the-minute timeline of the day, which allowed us to be fully present in every moment, because we knew Ashley was managing our time as we all decided on before the event. She is an expert on all things wedding, details, planning and the OBX in general and we highly recommend her services! She seems like a friend to me now and I fully enjoy following her on Instagram! Thanks Ashley!

Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 36

Lindsey · Married on 11/18/2017

I am still speechless at Ashley's ability to take my ideas and bring them to life. She made our wedding day absolutely PERFECT! She was thorough, super responsive, and easy to work with. I truly cannot say how happy I am with my decision to have Ashley as our wedding coordinator. There is not one thing that went wrong on our wedding day and when I walked into the reception for the first time, my jaw just dropped at how amazing it looked, thanks to her. I would HIGHLY recommend Southern Hospitality Weddings for your big day! Thanks Ashley!!!!

Elyse · Married on 11/17/2017

Once my fiancé and I decided we would be getting married in the OBX, we realized a wedding planner would probably be a good idea, especially for a destination wedding. I found Ashley by combing through wedding wire and her reviews are truly what sold me on her. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! Ashley is amazing, and I truly don’t know what I would have done without her. 5 months before our wedding date (11/17/17), my fiancé unexpectedly passed away. It was a tragedy. My matron of honor contacted Ashley as soon as possible to let her know what happened. Ashley contacted all the vendors we had booked, and was able to get everything cancelled and get our deposits returned to me. She did all this work and even returned her own deposit. Not only is Ashley an impressive, professional, creative and fun event planner, she is also a great person. If you are getting married, she should be the first vendor you book. Thank you, Ashley!

Shannon · Married on 10/06/2017

The amount of praise I have for Ashley of Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events is indescribable. I thought it was going to be extremely difficult trying to plan a wedding in the Outer Banks from New York, without ever seeing the venue, meeting the vendors or tasting the food. Ashley made this all possible for me with her attention to detail, honest opinions, recommendations and can-do mentality. From day one I had full trust in her and her commitment to helping me create the day I envisioned, and she exceeded my expectations! She was always available answering all my questions and concerns throughout the planning process. Dan and I had the most amazing and unforgettable wedding at The Black Stallion and it would not have been possible without Ashley. Not only does she have a vast knowledge of wedding planning and great relationships with a wide variety of vendors, she is an amazing and incredibly kind, funny and wonderful person! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to plan their wedding in OBX!

Lizzy · Married on 10/05/2017

Ashley was amazing! She prepared for our day with organized questionnaires and spreadsheets which resulted in minimal day of questions and perfect execution. I trusted her to bring my vision to life and she was truly wonderful. We used her day of coordination and I would highly recommend using her as a wedding coordinator. She cares about your day and wants it to be just as perfect as you do!

• Marissa

Marissa · Married on 06/23/2017

Ashley was much more than a 5.0/5.0 she was my spokesperson for my wedding day. Ashley was hired as my wedding coordinator and she went above and beyond in making my day special. I am a control freak and like everything to be my way, but she made be feel at ease, I was okay with leaving things in her hands the day of my wedding and she did a fabulous job. Any bride would be grateful to have her on their side on their wedding day. Thank you so much Ashley for everything, you were awesome!

Amie · Married on 06/09/2017

Ashley is amazing! She is one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We are not local to the outer banks so we used her full service package and she was extremely helpful. The day of our wedding she arrived early to make sure everything was setup beautifully and it all went off without a hitch!! I'd highly recommend using her it is money well spent.

Liz · Married on 05/26/2017

Ashley is AMAZING and one of the best decisions I made for our wedding! Planning a destination wedding can be stressful and at times it was. But Ashley was responsive and attentive throughout the entire process and I'm not sure what I would have done without her. On the day of the wedding, she made me feel relaxed and at ease. I trusted that she would make my vision come to life and she more than delivered. If you are looking for a planner that has experience, is a joy to work with, and will make your wedding a dream, go no further!

Allison · Married on 05/19/2017

Ashley was the best investment we made for our wedding! We opted for the full planning option, and would recommend the same for anyone else planning a wedding in the Outer Banks. Ashley was able to take our vision and bring it to life better than we even imaged. She is the ultimate professional, extremely hard working, and really made my our big day absolutely perfect. :)

Alison · Married on 05/13/2017

Ashley was amazing! My husband and I are both planners, and originally thought we didn't need a day of planner; however, hiring Ashley was one of the best decisions we made. She gave us advice, set up the venue, and ensured the day ran smoothly and on schedule, which let us (and our families) relax and completely enjoy our entire day. If you are on the fence about hiring a planner, or whom to choose, I wholeheartedly recommend Ashley.