Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events Reviews

Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 4
Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 5

Katlin Hunt · Married on 10/14/2019

Ashley was amazing!

Ashley did a fabulous job for our day of coordination! She kept everyone in line and kept the night flowing! Ran into a few road bumps throughout the day however Ashley handled it so well and managed to make everything work out so nicely! She made the day of wedding so relaxing and simple for a bride! Planning and coordination with Ashley prior to the wedding was so simple and easy. She responds so timely! Couldn't ask for a better wedding planner! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Morgan Cummings · Married on 09/12/2019

She gets sh** done.

Where do I start with Ashley? She is truly top notch. I don't know what I would have done without her. She knows so much, is so calm, and gets sh** done. On top of this, all other vendors we booked love working with her, and would get excited when we told them we were working with her. Aside from helping plan and coordinate, she was a wonderful friend throughout the experience, and was so easy to talk to.

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Kirby

Kirby Gupton · Married on 06/22/2019

You need Ashley!

When we started the wedding process, we quickly found out that many venues on the outer banks require you to at least have a "day of" planner. We quickly booked with Ashley after reading some great reviews. I still thought to myself, why do we need a planner? What exactly are we paying for? Can't my mom just do this?! Now a month after the wedding and I COULD NOT imagine our day without Ashley's help. We went with a custom package that allowed for us to coordinate with each other about 10 weeks out. Ashley LISTENS to exactly what you want and what your vision is for your big day and ensures that it all plays out how you want it. As a bride, you go through the planning process excited but also somewhat nervous as to how its all going to look, come together, etc...we pulled up to the venue and any worry that I had was gone and I was just shocked at how amazing everything looked. Not only how it looked but how seamless the ceremony and reception went. Her number one priority was that my husband and I were focused on enjoying every moment together and she did just that. I just can't say enough about her except that you NEED her for your big day. We love Ashley!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Lindsey · Married on 06/21/2019

Best Wedding Decision!

As a semi-destination wedding, I knew that my busy work schedule and distance would be difficult to plan our wedding from afar. By word of mouth, I heard such great things about Ashley from Southern Hospitality. Once we first talked, I had a good feeling, as she was very down to earth and you could tell right away she was passionate about her job. We used Ashley's help from start to finish and it took away a ton of unnecessary stress on us! If I ever began to stress or become overwhelmed, Ashley was only ever a phone call (sometimes in-person meetups!) or email away. She always had the right things to say, was one step ahead of my own thoughts, and after talking to her, I always felt better during the planning process. Based on all of our personalize meetings, attention to detail, and coordinating all vendors leading up to the day of, Ashley is the definition of a hard worker that you can put your trust into. She does so much behind the scenes that I probably didn't even realize, but she made our wedding day so perfect (and even made sure we enjoyed every second of it!). So if you are looking for a laid back but attentive, go-getter, dog lover, genuine, trustworthy wedding planner, Ashley is your girl. Thank you for EVERYTHING Ashley, we are so glad we got to work with you and enjoyed every moment!

Love,
    The Pandaks

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/11/2019

You’re amazing!!

One of the other vendors said it best, so I’m reinforcing it... Ashley, you are a true “boss babe” and simply “slayed” on our wedding day!! A long with the multiple weddings you likely did that weekend right before ours, you truly have a gift and are amazing at what you do to ensure every guest, family member, and bride & groom have a wonderful experience. How you also stay “that” sweet, beyond composed in chaos, and with so much energy and dedication towards your clients, vendor family team, etc. just amazed me, and really showed up on day of! For us not knowing each other much before the “big day”, I felt like we had been friends for years (which mostly consisted of me ranting about my bride facial sweat or dog obsession right before headed down the aisle, lol) and I’m just so very thankful we chose you to help us stay on track throughout the evening! You are simply the best, you totally rock, and I sure hope our paths cross again!! Much love, xoxox - Katie and Rollin.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Melissa Ann P. · Married on 05/31/2019

Made our dream wedding a reality!

Ashley, of Southern Hospitality, was hands down the best wedding planner we could have ever dreamed of! In the year plus that we worked with her, she really listened to our hopes and dreams for our big day, was quick to respond to any email requests, got us the most outstanding vendors in the Outer Banks area, and put together a spectacular wedding. It rained during part of our big day, so Ashley had to change some plans for our outdoor wedding and reception. She hustled to make the transition from outdoor festivities to indoor festivities completely seamless. We were truly grateful we hired her.
    Plus, Ashley is just an all-around wonderful person to know and talk to. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed every encounter with her and we look forward to having more family events in OBX with Ashley not only planning them, but attending as a guest as well.

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • MORGAN

MORGAN · Married on 05/22/2019

AMAZING! Appreciated Beyond Words!

My husband and I were married on 5.22.19 at the Sound to Sea Beach Club and hired Ashley as our day of coordinator and words cannot express how appreciative we are of Ashley and her assistant! Of the vendors we hired for our day, Id hire Ashley over and over. She didnt bat an eyelash when we told her we were having a Wednesday wedding and she was more than willing to help! Being from Pittsburgh and having to transport all of our decor and such, I was really nervous about how everything was going to get accomplished but Ashley handled it all with ease! She decorated our reception perfectly, managed the other vendors and the guests as they arrived, handled any mishaps so that I didnt have to, and even helped break down the decor at the end of the night. I didnt have to stress over anything that day, I was able to sit back and get ready and soak in every moment. PLUS, she loves dogs- FYI for you doggy parents wanting your fur babies as part of your ceremony like we did! She communicated with my through email/phone calls every step of the way and was helpful and kind each time. Im so glad we crossed paths and cannot recommend her more highly. We felt like we'd hired a friend! Thank you Ashley, we appreciate everything you did for us more than you know!

Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 6
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 12
    Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline Coleburn · Married on 05/11/2019

The best planner we could ask for!

Ashley was THE BEST! Our wedding day would not have been the same without her. She took my photos of my dream wedding and turned it into reality. She is a calming presence on your wedding day, but also makes sure that your vendors are on time and everything runs smoothly. Ashley is not only an amazing wedding planner, but she's also a great person. I was sick the week of my wedding, and she texted me to check on me. She genuinely cares about her brides, and she goes above and beyond to make the day perfect. I can not recommend her enough! Thank you again, Ashley!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Ally · Married on 05/04/2019

Ashley was great! Our wedding day went so smoothly!

Ashley was great! She helped us through our whole planning process, was very responsive and helped us figure out what our best options were and explored various avenues for decor (hiring vendors, vs DIY, etc). While planning the wedding from afar Ashley was very responsive to texts/emails and available for in person meetings when we came into town. Unfortunately, we had experienced some family drama leading up to the wedding and Ashley was very helpful with diffusing awkward situations and was always looking out for our best interest! We were able to drop our decor off the night before and when we walked into the venue the next day everything was perfectly set up and arranged as we envisioned! Ashley had some complimentary signage and props we were able to use for our decor, which was much appreciated! Ashley was a huge help on our wedding day, from making sure we ate, to making sure the dogs had water/treats, to helping safety pin my dress when the bussell wouldn't hold. Our day was perfect and ran so smoothly, credit is due to Ashley for her preparation and coordination during the rehearsal and wedding. It was such a good feeling to not have to stress about the details of the day knowing that Ashley had it under control!

Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 13
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 23
    Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Katie

Katie Miller · Married on 04/27/2019

Well worth the expense and piece of mind

Ashley was great to work with and very organized. I hired her for day of coordinating and I never worried that she wouldn’t execute my vision perfectly. She also is recommended highly by my other vendors which always gives you piece of mind. She’s lovely!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Rachel · Married on 04/19/2019

Worth every penny and more!

If I could leave Ashley a 10 star review, I would! We were planning our wedding from across the country and I was never worried. We hired Ashley for full service planning and it was the BEST decision we made! She knew all of the best vendors, coordinated everything flawlessly, and handled every little detail. On the day of it was so nice to just relax in my bridal suite with my bridesmaids, knowing that Ashley and her team were handling all of the chaos outside. She was there from setup to take down and the whole day turned out beautifully thanks to her. I would recommend Southern Hospitality to any OBX couple any day!

Sent on 04/28/2019

Cori Falls · Married on 10/28/2018

Excellent!

Having a wedding planner for the day of is so worth it! Ashley was amazing! Everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding and turned out perfectly! Ashley goes above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect for her clients and you can tell she really loves what she does. She was so nice to work with and very responsive to any questions or concerns that I had. I would highly recommend her to anyone planning an OBX wedding!!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Jacque · Married on 10/26/2018

Hiring Ashley is the BEST wedding planning decision we made!!

In two words.....HIRE ASHLEY!
    As a detail-oriented, i-dotting and t-crossing, decor-loving researcher and mother-of-the-bride, I would have needed to read further......hopefully by the time you get to the end of this, you will come to the same excellent decision we did!!!!
    After our daughter's engagement last Christmas Eve, our daughter held firm on her desire of many years....she wanted to get married in the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina, our home away from home! We were overwhelmed thinking about the multitude of details associated with planning a wedding from afar (we live in Maryland, the bride and groom live in Wisconsin). We recognized we would need some expertise and guidance. After researching and talking with multiple planners, Ashley of Southern Hospitality Weddings and Events is the first vendor we hired and the best wedding decision we made!!!!
    During our first planning meeting, Ashley asked excellent questions, listened carefully to our responses, helped us hone our likes and dislikes, and professionally presented numerous vendor options with detailed descriptions of each. Her knowledge of wedding planning and the various vendor options in the Outer Banks are extraordinary. She gave objective descriptions of each vendor, providing us with insight for making informed decisions. Ashley continued to provide knowledgeable guidance throughout our wedding planning journey. She was always only a phone call, email or text away, and was extremely responsive every step of the way!
    Thankfully, we hired Ashley prior to the January Outer Banks Wedding Expo, and her value immediately became apparent. Our next priority was wedding venue, as that would drive many of our other needs and choices. Choosing a venue in the OBX was difficult given our expectation of 150+ guests. We discussed multiple options with Ashley prior to the Expo weekend and toured properties with her our first day down. Our last venue option, the Whalehead at Historic Corolla, was the obvious winner when the bride cried as she walked along the scenic boardwalk on the Curritck Sound (aka, the bride's "aisle").
    With venue decision made, Ashley helped us prioritize our trek around the overwhelming Expo, helping us focus on first needs first. This made the expo an extremely productive visit, especially important given the "blank canvas" of the Whalehead Club (i.e., lots of vendor decisions to make) and the limited time we would have in the Outer Banks prior to the wedding in October. During the Expo we booked several vendors, including:
    ~our wedding cake (Just Desserts-look no further-we've never tasted a better cake anywhere and Melinda is a doll!),
    ~our photographer (Matt Lusk Photography-what an amazing eye and ability to capture precious moments - even during a Nor'easter),
    ~our videographer (Swell Productions-Chris and Chris are great to work with & we can't wait to see the finished product),
    ~narrowed our catering choice to two (Lone Cedar-our ultimate excellent choice-how did they deliver 170 delicious meals out of a catering tent during that storm?? Thank you Victoria and ALL) and Black Pelican-another great option),
    ~met with both Metro Rentals (ultimate fabulous and flexible choice - that storm necessitated a lot of last minute rental flexibility by Rob, Holly & team!!) and Ocean Atlantic Rentals (another great option- loved Leah!) and ~chatted with a number of floral designers.
    It was an amazingly organized and productive Expo weekend, mostly due to Ashley's expertise and guidance.
    From that weekend forward, Ashley was there for us as advisor, therapist, mediator, friend, organizer, scheduler, liaison, and work horse. She kept us on track and on schedule with everything! She advised on everything from:
    ~housing (Jenna Scarborough at Twiddy was so helpful), to
    ~hair and make-up (Lovie's Ladies are incredibly talented and genuinely care about their clients),
    ~rehearsal dinner venues (the Sanderling Resort - Kimball's Kitchen did a beautiful job),
    ~to stationery, to decor ideas,
    ~to officiant (Tony Joseph, IDOOBX - we were thrilled with his professional and fabulous officiating),
    ~to catering recommendations for other events during the week (thank you Lighthouse Bagels and La Dolce Vita-would also be a great rehearsal dinner venue!!!),
    ~to transportation options (Sean with Corolla Trolley was delightful and timely), and more!
    In the days leading up to the wedding, it became apparent that the looming Nor'easter would have an impact on numerous aspects of our wedding day plans. Ashley was there to research and calmly advise us regarding our options. She diligently worked through all necessary changes with vendors so that we could enjoy our time with friends and family as they arrived in town. She pulled everything together and made things happen!!
    Last, but certainly not least, Ashley is a delightful human being and a pleasure to work with!!!!
    Obviously, we would highly recommend Ashley and Southern Hospitality Weddings and Events to anyone for their special day!! Happy planning!!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Barrie · Married on 10/06/2018

We hired Ashley as the day of coordinator for my daughter's wedding and could not have been happier. She is obviously doing what she was meant to do in life! She is extremely organized, prompt, flexible, and knowledgeable. She truly cares about the bride and groom and making sure their day is perfect. She worked hard all day setting up and coordinating all the vendors, and was there all night at the ceremony and reception making sure everything ran smoothly. Ashley is amazing and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Emily · Married on 09/24/2018

Amazing wedding planner!

Ashley was amazing to work with from beginning to end. She was quick to respond to many questions, we planned our wedding from New York, hours away. We hired her for day of coordination and it was the best money we spent on our wedding day! She was there early setting up and making our vision come to life. She was so calming and friendly and kept us on track the entire night. She was amazing to work with and would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Madison · Married on 09/07/2018

Ashley made our wedding day absolutely flawless! The months leading up to our wedding she was constantly following up, answering all 1 million of my questions, and giving advice and suggestions on how to make our wedding flow seamlessly! On our day of the wedding she was running the show behind the scenes and I didn't have to stress or worry about a thing. She even went as far as helping us get food and drinks during the reception because we couldn't catch a breath between saying hi to everyone! Ashley is amazing and I would highly recommend hiring her for your wedding!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Stephanie · Married on 08/24/2018

Ashley is amazing!

I could not imagine my wedding without Ashley. She takes all your stress away and has so much experience that everything is just seamless. She helped me in the planning process as I was agonizing over linens to everything through the wedding week and of course day of. She kept us on track and knows all the vendors, and of course has wonderful relationships with them!

Having Ashley is by far worth every cent! Book her today.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Heidi · Married on 08/21/2018

I can't begin to thank Southern Hospitality Wedding & Events enough for everything Ashley did to help with our wedding. I can honestly say that I was on the fence about having a wedding planner. I am from Ohio and figured I could likely take care of everything on the own, after all I consider myself to be a rather organized person. I can honestly say I would have been a complete nervous wreck without Ashley!!!

I did a lot of planning on my own but Ashley was there every step of the way to answer questions and help me choose the best vendors for what I was looking for. Once the wedding got closer we worked on the timeline and Ashley brought up stuff that I had never even begun to think about! She was soo well organized and had everything on point. She sent my timeline to all my vendors and made sure everyone was on the same page.

The day of the wedding I was able to enjoy myself and spend time with my bridesmaids and family STRESS FREE. Yes, I said Stress free!!! Ashley took care of everything. My wedding reception venue looked absolutely amazing! It was everything I had dreamed of and more! The best advice I can give any future OBX bride is to book Ashley now! She is the BEST the obx has to offer and you will not be disappointed!!!

Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 24
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 32
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 33
    Sent on 09/26/2018

Becca · Married on 08/04/2018

We are so thankful and happy that we chose to have Ashley as our Day of Wedding Coordinator. She was the most incredible vendor and went so above and beyond for us all through our wedding journey!! She was so responsive with emails and even provided emotional support when we were dealing with some wedding stress! We can’t begin to describe enough about how lucky we are that we chose Ashley to help make our day so perfect! She was always willing to change things and help us whenever she sensed we needed something!! From taking charge at our rehearsal dinner and ordering our large bridal party into place, to getting our plates of food, to hugging us goodbye as we were soaking wet in the pool at the end of the night! Some people don’t know if they need a day of coordinator but trust me, Ashley is so worth it! I can’t imagine what it would have been like without her and everyone commented on how amazing she was and our wedding was! Thank you so much Ashley!! You are the best person and Dan and I are so happy you helped make our wedding dreams go above and beyond!!!

Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 34
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 41
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 42
    Sent on 09/30/2018

Kelly · Married on 06/30/2018

Ashley is absolutely amazing! My husband and I met Ashley at a wedding expo in the Outer Banks after being told by countless vendors that you should really book a wedding planner. Ashley was our day of coordinator but she was really much more than that! She was willing to answer any questions and offer advice leading up to our day and was in contact to make sure everything ran smoothly way before our wedding day. We really wanted a wedding coordinator that would be behind the scenes and not bossy to our guests. Ashley was perfect for this. She was kind, friendly, welcoming, and did more for us than we could have even imagined. We originally thought we could run the wedding without a wedding coordinator, but we definitely could not have done it without her. If you need a wedding coordinator, look no further - Ashley is your girl! =)

Sent on 08/10/2018
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 06/15/2018

Simply perfect!

We were so lucky to have found Ashley! From the very beginning, we felt so much more comfortable planning our wedding from afar with her as our coordinator. She not only helped us plan, but provided day of support in the best and most professional way. Our day was seamless because of her!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Chris · Married on 06/10/2018

ashley is incredible! she is so easy to work with and accessible i can’t tell you over 2 years how many emails we exchanged! she made my fairy tale wedding a reality. it was all i had dreamed of! the vendors she recommended were absolutely fantastic and my guests raves ours was the best wedding they’d ever attended. she is just the best!!! i’m going to miss her now that i’m married.

Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 43
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 48
    Sent on 06/20/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/09/2018

This girl- I can't say enough good things about her. She knocked it out of the park for my wedding. Trying to put in to words what she did for me and my now husband is hard to describe. Ashley is a saint and knows is exactly what she's doing. Not having her be a part of your wedding day would be your biggest mistake. She will bring your vision to life, and make sure that your day will be absolutely flawless, and for that we are forever thankful!

Sent on 06/17/2018

Kate · Married on 05/11/2018

Ashley was absolutely amazing! My husband and I planned our OBX destination wedding from Pennsylvania and we definitely could not have done it without Ashley. The week of the wedding I was told that the eucalyptus I had ordered months ago had not shipped. I was an absolute mess. I called Ashley and she had everything taken care of (even though the eucalyptus actually ended up coming!). Ashley also set up all of the decorations for our beach house reception and even arranged the flowers I had ordered for the centerpieces. Everything was BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much Ashley for making our wedding the best day ever!

Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 49
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 50
    Southern Hospitality Weddings & Events 51
    Sent on 07/24/2018
  • I

Ivy · Married on 05/10/2018

I cannot say enough positive words to describe working with Ashley. She assisted us with many aspects such a finding the house for renting, rehearsal dinner caterers and deco, wedding location, cakes, floral and much more. As the owner of a catering business in CT, I thought planning my own wedding would be easy... I was wrong. Life is so busy and having that helping hand brought me peace of mind. Ashley was ready for anything... yes we discovered the grooms cloths were left in CT about an hour before the wedding. She offered to go shopping right off the bat. Once we figured out a plan she was ironing the new outfit. Thank you Ashley, I owe you a wonderful week!

Sent on 05/18/2018