Southern Charm Events Reviews

1 User photo

Southern Charm Events 1

Maggie Erhardt · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Best wedding planner

Southern Charm Events made our day absolutely perfect!! Tanya and her team could not have been more helpful and responsive during the entire wedding planning process. If she was unavailable to respond to a question, one of her team members got back to us right away. They use an amazing program called Aisle Planner, which helps you stay organized and on top of everything you can possibly need for your wedding day. Tanya's cheerful and energetic personality makes you feel at ease, as you know she is going to take good care of you. She sent us a detailed timeline with every single event that was taking place during our wedding weekend. We are from Chicago, so finding a planner for a destination wedding can be stressful, as you don't have the opportunity to get references from family or friends. However, my stress was never high, as once I met Tanya in person, I knew I could trust her to get the job done! We could not be more satisfied or happy with our wedding planner choice!!!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Kat · Married on 04/13/2019

Southern Charm Events Day of Event Coordinator

Tanya and her staff were superb! Julie and Ashley were very helpful and always willing to answer questions. All of the staff were quick to offer recommendations and to accommodate our changes. The knowledge that everything would fall into place on my wedding day without having to worry because of Julie and Ashley made the entire experience priceless.

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Durante · Married on 04/12/2019

The Elite Event Planner

We started out planning our daughter’s wedding on our own, but it became clear we needed assistance. It had been over 30 years since we planned a wedding and we wanted to get this right for our only child, so on a friend’s recommendation, we hired Southern Charm Events. I wish we had done it sooner!

Tanya Hendricks and her staff were professional, attentive and had some great ideas for things we never would have thought of. When we had some difficulty finding just the right vendors, her recommendations were spot on for the vision we had for the wedding. From florist, to DJ to videographer we couldn’t have been happier with her recommendations.

When it came time for the wedding and reception, we wanted to be able to enjoy the event we had spent so much time and money planning and not have to deal with all the details the day of. Tanya and her staff handled absolutely everything. We had a couple unexpected and unpleasant issues that came up, that believe me, a parent of a bride doesn’t want to have to deal with, and Tanya and her staff handled everything with the utmost professionalism. She handled it way better than we ever would have.

You’d be foolish not to hire this team. A very reasonable price to pay for peace of mind and excellent service and attention to detail for your event. Some of the best money we spent on this wedding was hiring Southern Charm! They delivered everything they promised and more and worked very well with all our vendors! Hire Southern Charm Events!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Joye Keys · Married on 03/23/2019

Rentals and Day of Coordinating

Southern Charm provided some of the rentals for our wedding day as well as our day of coordinator. They were such a pleasure to work with. All of the ladies I worked with were super organized, professional, and responsive. The quality of the rentals provided were in great condition and provided all of the beautiful touches we wanted for our day. And Julie, our day of coordinator was wonderful to work with. I was the bride who had 10,000 things going on, and she was always there to gently get me back on track to all the things that were outstanding. She made sure everything got setup the way we wanted and kept us on track throughout the night. I am so appreciative of their services and recommend them!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Shelby Mitchell · Married on 12/29/2018

Wedding Plann

Tanya and the Southern Charm staff were simply the BEST. From my first consultation I knew they were going to be the perfect wedding planning staff for me. Tanya made me feel such at ease from the moment I walked into her door. She answered all of my questions and made my entire planning process not seem so overwhelming. She gave wonderful suggestions of vendors, ideas for decor, and overall just helped me every step of the way... and did I mention their rental inventory?! AMAZING products and the best quality! I was able to relax and soak in every minute of my wedding day because I knew everything was taken care of and in great hands. I chose the day-of coordination package, but they really were by my side throughout the entire process and I cannot say enough wonderful things about this company! Tanya really takes the time to get to know her brides and she made sure our day was exactly what we wanted. SOUTHERN CHARM IS THE BEST IN JAX!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Abby Elam · Married on 12/15/2018

Wedding Planner

Tanya and her team are so helpful and accomodating. They were always up to speed on exactly what I wanted and knew my vision well. Southern Charm took so much stress off of me on my wedding day and also the weeks leading up to it!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Kristen Argalas · Married on 11/09/2018

I'm a convert - Amazing team!

I was a Mom who thought I could coordinate everything myself and save some money but my husband convinced me I needed some help. I quizzed Tanya on why I needed her and she responded in her gracious manner about what she and her staff would do to help us through the process. Honestly, I must admit I still wasn't convinced but I gave in. Today I will tell you it was the best decision we made. Southern Charm provided us with an online planning tool that was exactly what we needed to keep track of addresses and all that goes with planning a wedding.
    They sent reminders for specific target dates which kept us on track. Tanya put in more hours on the day of the wedding than any other vendor and kept everyone on track. She and her staff are amazing to work with. They provided suggestions, came with an emergency kit that proved to be very useful. and had a plan B in place if needed. I can't praise Tanya enough. I don't know what we would have done without her and her team. It is obvious that Tanya loves what she does.
    Another plus is that Tanya has a huge rental inventory. I can't imagine anyone wanting something she doesn't have. She also has a great network of vendors that she can recommend. I used several that she recommended and was very happy.

Sent on 01/07/2019
  • Ashton

Ashton Misiak · Married on 11/04/2018

Tanya was our All Star Quarter Back!

Tanya was absolutely amazing. We had a fairly large wedding of 150 people that my mother thought she was going to be able to plan and coordinate all by herself. My husband and I knew all along that would be a disaster and we wouldn't get a wedding that reflected us if we would even got one all at. So as soon as he proposed we were on the hunt for a wedding planner.
    I somehow stumbled upon Southern Charm on google and honestly the name is what drew me in. I wanted a simply southern, slightly rustic, wedding and it sounded like Tanya knew the true meaning of southern. It turned out to be our best decision! Tanya and her team are so talented and experienced that she quickly became our Quarter Back. She would give us options of some of the best vendors she knew and were in our price range and set meeting up with them so we could pick from those few. Through this we came up with an all star team of vendors! Every one of them was a pleasure to work with.
    One of the best things was going to an expo with her. She would send us to certain vendors' booths and we could ask her how we felt about any that we saw and she knew pretty much all of them. We found half of our vendors that day.
    In the months leading up the online planning assistant Southern Charm, Aisle Planner, provides was a huge help. It gave me one simple place to look at everything, even on the go. The interface is fairly easy and you will use it long past the wedding as an address book.
    On the wedding day Tanya really shined. We had drama with the rain threating but she managed to get us a tent last minute and it may have even turned out better with it. With the team of vendors she curated there really wasn't much to worry about so I was pretty relaxed on the day of. I knew she would handle what needed to be done. I got to enjoy my day and soak every bit of it in. We were ahead of schedule all day long.
    She also had Heather Canada with her and she was amazing as well. She made sure I had everything I needed at the reception from making sure I got some of my cocktail hour food, to finding my change of shoes, to making sure I had wine for my champagne toasts. She made it very easy to just focus on my husband and everyone that came to see us.
    I could go on all day long about what a wonderful experience I had with Southern Charm but I still can't put in to words what it was like to have this woman in our corner. She's honest, experienced, and just a little bit scary with how good she is. She genuinely cared about us and wanted to see us happy on our special day. Not to mention, she's big dog friendly, which was a must for us because our 80lb pitbull was our Dog of Honor.
    We needed Tanya in our lives for this wedding and so do you. She will make sure you get the wedding you've been dreaming of, even if you're not totally sure what that is yet.

Sent on 11/24/2018

Kyle Misiak · Married on 11/04/2018

Best planner on the planet!

Tanya was so amazing! My wife and I live in Augusta Georgia, planning for a Jacksonville wedding, so planning would’ve been extremely difficult as we only go down once a month. I can’t even imagine the chaos that would’ve ensured without Tanya and her business. She made herself available, her communication is top notch, and she kept us in line in terms of deadlines with reminders and frequent meetings. Her associate Heather was great as well, she helped us out so much in the day of while Tanya was running around handling set up and what not! Anyone who is questioning whether or not you need a wedding planner, let me tell you that it makes the process so much smoother and you will be so happy you did it. And if you need a wedding planner, look no further then Tanya and Southern Charm. By far the best planner in Jax, and arguably, the planet.

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing Planner and Amazing Rentals!

Tanya and the Southern Charm Events team were a dream to work with. I hired them for both wedding planning and event rentals. The last days leading up to the wedding I had so many people telling me I looked so calm considering I was getting married soon... and that's because I was calm, and not worried about a thing! I actually got to enjoy my wedding because I knew everything was handled with care and excellence.
    Our wedding day was everything we envisioned and more. My husband says he felt like we were in a movie. :) That is all thanks to Tanya! We couldn't be happier.

Sent on 10/21/2018
  • Patti

Patti · Married on 10/06/2018

I had a friend tell me to hire a day of wedding planner so that I could spend the time with my daughter on her big day. I'm so glad I hired Tanya and her crew. I loved the online programs Tanya uses to help keep things organized and to make sure we are all on the same page I am a very organized person and this was right up my alley. I was so thankful to have Tanya on the day of my daughter's wedding. She was very professional and took care of flaws made by other vendors. Her keen eye helped us fine tune some small details that made a huge impact on the final look of the wedding. I would definitely recommend Tanya to be a part of your planning details!

Sent on 10/14/2018
    Southern Charm Events 2

Kyrstin · Married on 04/07/2018

Used Southern Charm's chair rental option for a small baby shower this past weekend. Andie was truly a delight to work with and the chairs were great!

Sent on 04/10/2018

Mary · Married on 01/27/2018

Tanya has now done three weddings for me family, and all of them were fantastic! My sisters' did the partial planning, where they have Southern Charm help out about a few weeks' prior to the wedding. I did the full planning services, and I highly recommend it. Tanya is so knowledgeable of the industry, and she knows so many of the vendors in Jacksonville - many of my vendors were relieved to hear I was working with her! Tanya is very responsive, and if she's busy, she has other people on her team that can quickly help you out. My research time was minimal with finding vendors, as she already knows the best to work with. Tanya put together a budget for us, recommended countless vendors (all of whom were amazing), was able to help us get a few cheaper rates on some vendors, and she put together a wedding timeline to the minute. It is such a relief to have Tanya and her team take care of everything that day, so that I can truly enjoy the day with my husband, and dance the night away with my guests. Tanya and her team are absolutely worth the investment!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Jenny · Married on 11/03/2017

Tanya and her staff were nothing short of amazing! Tanya and Paige were very quick to respond in all communication leading up to the wedding and were taking care of so many things behind the scenes that when it came to my wedding week, I did not have a thing to do! The service they provide for the cost is invaluable. I also rented a lot of décor items through their rental service and everything was beautiful and in great condition. I can't recommend Tanya enough!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Amanda Verble · Married on 01/14/2017

Love this company!!!

Tanya and her team are absolutely incredible! She eased all of my wedding day stress and made our vision come to life. Several people told me that our wedding was the most organized wedding that they have ever been to! Tanya thinks of everything!! Her rental selection is great too!! I would recommend Southern Charm Events to anybody!!

Sent on 01/13/2019

Kristalle · Married on 10/01/2016

Tanya and her staff are phenomenal and made my day so perfect! We were recommended to Tanya by my husbands best friend. When talking about booking a wedding planner we were not completely sold so decided to see her in action. After seeing Tanya in action at another wedding my mind was made up and we booked her. Tanya was quick to respond with any question. I work nightshift so most of my emails were sent after hours and I can not count how many times I would receive a response late at night or early in the morning. Her team were also quick to respond as well. Towards the end of my wedding planning we experienced issues with the venue. Tanya was quick to help solve these problems and then some. When I was debating on changing the venue two days before the big event Tanya had a backup plan ready to go if needed. I believe the back up plan was established within 1 hour of me deciding it may be a possibility. Considering things book years in advance this alone shows Tanya's abilities in my opinion. The day of the event went as smooth as can be. I did not know any problems during the event. Tanya kept everyone on time and it was completely perfect and I promise it would not have been without her! We also did rentals and florals through Tanya and her team. My guests all said that this was the best wedding they had ever been to and it looked like so much work went into it. Everything was gorgeous and everyone wanted to know every detail! I would go through Tanya for everything she offered! She was just that amazing.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Andrea · Married on 10/01/2016

I loved the entire experience of working with Tanya and Leah at SCE! I just needed day of coordinating and they were wonderful from the first time we video called to when we met in person. I'm not super fussy about much which sometimes can make things a little more difficult to get me to commit to something but Leah and Tanya were very understanding and helpful when I needed it most. It was so easy to have them for planning services and then have them provide the decor! They were the best money we spent for the entire wedding. If you think even for a second you might need a coordinator, call them!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Jeff · Married on 09/03/2016

Tanya was awesome to work with. She came highly recommended and we know why. She was great, organized and very helpful. We are not sure how we would have gotten through the process without our "Wedding Momma"! Thanks Tanya

Sent on 10/18/2016

Christina · Married on 05/14/2016

I cannot say enough about how amazing my wedding was and it was all due to Mrs. Tanya. She was wonderful during the entire process. Anytime I had a question or issue, she was there to make sure it was taken care of. During our meeting, I told her that my one request was that myself, my mother and my mother in law would not be bothered with any issues the day of the wedding. She stated no problem and boy was she right. She thinks on her feet and can make anything work. Also, they have AMAZING rentals and very reasonable pricing. You are in good hands with Southern Charm!!!

Sent on 06/17/2016
  • User5203386 · 2+ years ago

Phenomenal in every way! Tanya and her staff are nice, supportive, helpful, and made my big day seamless! Her props and decor are beautiful and she has everything you could ever imagine and MORE! Tanya also helps refer you to great vendors all over town because of her lengthy experience.

Sent on 09/04/2015

Kathleen · Married on 03/12/2016

Booked for wedding rentals. They have a great selection, and were so fast to respond & easy to deal with!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Jillian · Married on 11/15/2015

This space isn't big enough for me to write how I feel about Tanya and Southern Charm Events! My wedding would not have been possible without her! From decor to planning, she made the wedding of my dreams come true! Tanya is so easy to work with. I didnt have family living near by who could help me with all of the planning and Tanya truly became family to me. She listened when I was stressed out, she responded in an extremely timely manner to my thousand emails, and she got the vision of what I wanted my wedding to be, right from the start! I had absolutely no worries the day of my wedding because I knew Tanya and her team were going to take care of everything. Every bride should feel as comfortable and relaxed as I felt the day of my wedding and Southern Charm Events is the only way to go!!! Plus they are a super fun group of people so that makes it even better! Look no further for your wedding planner! oh...and she has the most amazing stock of rentals you have ever seen and she is adding new pieces all the time!
    Thank you so much to Tanya and Southern Charm Events!!!

Sent on 01/31/2016

They did an amazing job. Made my life easier. And my wedding that more special.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Meagan · Married on 10/03/2014

Overall, Southern Charm Events was everything I could have ever asked for as wedding planners and a rental company. They kept my vision in mind the whole time and made sure things went according to what we planned as much as possible. It rained on my wedding day and though I insisted on being outside for the ceremony, my wedding planner Lorianne, made sure it happened regardless of what everyone else wanted and stuck to what I wanted most! It made for beautiful memories! I hope that anyone getting married uses them! A wedding planner didn't seem necessary at first but they proved to me that I was way wrong! I was totally stress free on my wedding day because of these amazing people! Thank you again so much!

Sent on 10/28/2014

When I think about Tanya and her girls, I want to cry happy grateful tears. My wedding would have been nothing without them.

I walked into Tanya's office with zero vision. I had a venue and a dress, and no idea about colors or themes or anything. She helped pull my dream wedding out of me, I can not thank her enough for the time and patience she had for me. Between countless e-mails, phone calls, mind changes and tears she was there to help with anything I needed.

The day of Ashley and Lorianne were my coordinators. They put together EVERYTHING. They checked in with me throughout my night and left me to just enjoy my wedding. I was carefree the entire time. If anything went wrong during the day, I still have no knowledge of it.

Aside from their talent with wedding planning, they do rentals as well. Most of our décor for the day of came from them.

Seriously, I do not have the words to describe my love for Southern Charm. My wedding would not have been as perfect as it was without them.

Sent on 09/20/2014