Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park Reviews

59 Reviews for Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park

• Nicole

Nicole A. · Married on 07/09/2021

Best Place on Earth

We planned our wedding pretty fast and fell in love when we found Sonnenberg Gardens, So happy we were able to book. Best place ever and very romantic!

Sent on 12/26/2020
  • Karen

Karen M. · Married on 01/05/2021

Beautiful Venue and wonderful staff!

My daughter had her wedding and reception at Sonnenberg Gardens on May 25, 2019. My daughter was dealing with side effects from cancer treatment and so some special accommodations were made in the tent to provide her with an area where she could sit and receive guests. Their wedding was out by the pond and grotto. I cannot say enough about the job that Deb and her staff did. They bent over backward to allow us in early to decorate the day before, helped coordinate with the caterer, baker, florist and DJ. The wedding, as 1 guest said, was epic. I would recommend this venue over and over again.
    Thank you to the Sonnenberg staff for making that day something they will always treasure.

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha B. · Married on 10/03/2020

The venue went above and beyond during the planning, the event, and after the fact. We will forever be grateful to Kris and her amazing staff.

The venue went above and beyond to make our day as simple and amazing as possible. They found stuff to store our extra food in when the caterer fell short here. They took pictures and sent them after the fact as well as checked in generally. They made sure everyone knew what was happening at rehearsal and were always professional and respectful. We could not have chose a better place.

Sent on 01/07/2021

Alexandra · Married on 09/19/2020

Beautiful outdoor wedding ceremony!

My husband and I booked our wedding ceremony at Sonnenberg Gardens on pretty short notice, when our original wedding venue closed in light of the pandemic. Kris, the event manager, was so incredibly helpful, kind, and flexible in working with us to plan our wedding! We had a small ceremony and cocktail hour at Sonnenberg and it was absolutely beautiful. It was the perfect setting for our ceremony, and the grounds are gorgeous for taking photos. We were lucky to have great weather, but also appreciated that there was a backup tented location in case of rain. I'm so glad that we had our wedding here.

Sent on 10/08/2020
  • Camryn

Camryn S. · Married on 08/01/2020

Dream come true

Had my wedding in August of 2020. Within all the chaos of covid 19 my husband and I were still able to have a beautiful wedding with a beautiful venue!! All the staff helped our dreams come true.

Sent on 12/28/2020

Erin S. · Married on 08/01/2020

Wonderful pandemic wedding

Kris and the staff at Sonnenberg were absolutely wonderful and supportive to help us plan and have a wedding ceremony during the pandemic. They gave us a discount for our party of only 15 people and planned a beautiful setting in the Japanese Garden that is not typically a location they offer at Sonnenberg. They helped everyone get seated and coordinated both my and my husband's movements before, during and after the ceremony which really eased my nervousness. I could not say enough about Sonnenberg Gardens...I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Sent on 02/14/2021

Cori · Married on 06/27/2020

A wedding of my dreams

I got married in Sept 2020 during the midst of the Covid pandemic. Sonnenberg couldn't have been more accommodating and helpful with all my concerns and ideaas

Sent on 04/04/2021
  • Allison

Allison B. · Married on 04/08/2020

Beautiful & Easy Ceremony

We worked with Deb and Jennifer on a small, intimate wedding during August. We had a very unconventional and simple ceremony and they both were more than accommodating. They were responsible, helpful & enthusiastic from our first discussion to the final details on our special day. The weather was back & forth between thunderstorms and hot, sunny weather all day on our wedding, and Deb made us feel completely relaxed as we evaluated options. Our guests loved the gardens and the mansion as well. It's a beautiful place that everyone can enjoy & I would recommend it to anyone for any size wedding.

Sent on 11/08/2019

Allison · Married on 08/31/2019

Bride at Sonnenberg Gardens

Sonnenberg Gardens was the perfect location for our wedding. The staff was very accommodating and they made themselves available to answer questions and listen to requests for our special day.

Sent on 11/18/2019

Brianne E. · Married on 07/27/2019

Sonnenberg Gardens

Our wedding at Sonnenberg was absolutely magical! My husband and I were planning our wedding from afar but Deb went out of her way to make sure we were able to see the venue and meet with whenever we could get to town. She was very responsive via phone and email and made sure I had everything I needed and more during our special day! All of our guests raved about the beauty of each garden, ceremony site and under the tent!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park's reply:

Thank you Brianne. It was so important to us that your day was magical so I'm delighted to hear that it was. It was a pleasure working with you and Graham. I wish you have much love, happiness and prosperity in your marriage!

Josh I. · Married on 05/10/2019

Amazing team!

It's no wonder Sonnenberg has won the couple's choice awards five years in a row. Deb and the team at Sonnenberg were accommodating from the first time we met up until the day of the wedding. Not one thing was overlooked and every guest loved the grounds, cocktail, and reception area. For a perfect night, book your reception with Sonnenberg.

Sent on 11/16/2019

Brett · Married on 05/26/2018

The gardens and Sonnenberg team in whole were incredible! Their communication and planning were amazing, and allowed a lot of flexibility and customization with the whole process. The Rock Garden looked wonderful on our wedding day, and everything was executed as arranged. The team was amazing before, during, and after the ceremony as well! A++++!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Jovanka · Married on 11/05/2017

I had my ceremony there what a beautiful and romantic place to celebrate your wedding day . Our guests enjoyed walking around the mansion.Staff who helped was amazing.Special thank you to Deb :)

Sent on 11/14/2017

Bill · Married on 10/14/2017

As parents of the bride we could not have happier with the beauty of Sonnenberg and the helpfulness of Deb and her team! Our daughter had very specific ideas of what she wanted and they were able to fulfill her every one. The grounds and mansion provide a perfect setting for photography, guest roaming, and ceremony. Deb (and team) were expert help in planning and made sure everything on the wedding day went smoothly.

Sent on 01/24/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/14/2017

A dream ceremony location!

Sonnenberg Gardens is an absolute beautiful location to host your wedding ceremony or reception. Deb was extremely responsive to all our needs and made sure the day ran smoothly. I would highly recommend this location to any bride looking for a breathtaking outdoor location.

Sent on 11/03/2019

Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park's reply:

Thank you Sarah for your kind words and recommendation. I am so glad you thought it a breathtaking location. Your comments are greatly appreciated. I so enjoyed working with you and Patrick. I wish you many happy, healthy and prosperous years together! Deb

S · Married on 09/23/2017

Sonnenberg is an awesome wedding venue. Our daughter had a storybook wedding reception of her dreams. The pictures are spectacular. We couldn't have made a better choice !! Deb was amazing to work with, so accommodating and understanding. A joy to work with. I always felt great after every interaction or conversation we had. Thank you Deb!!!

Sent on 01/28/2018

Cassie · Married on 06/24/2017

Sonnenberg is absolutely beautiful! We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park's reply:

Thanks Cassie. So glad you were pleased. How did your pictures turn out?

Eugenia · Married on 11/12/2016

This was the most elegant wedding reception I have ever been to and it was our reception for our daughter! Everything was perfection. The funniest comment we heard was how cozy it was. This great big house was cozy. There is such warmth to the rooms, that it feels very welcoming. I felt Mary Thompson was there to make sure everything went well, and it did.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Gail · Married on 10/16/2016

Keep in touch with Deborah and everything will go well and you'll have the best scenery as a backdrop.. also the Reverend and photographer that were recommended were terrific!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Kaytlyn · Married on 10/01/2016

Everyone was fantastic to work with at Sonnenberg. They completely made me feel like I did not have to worry about a thing for my ceremony, because they had everything worked out already. The gardens are always flawless, and my guests enjoyed the opportunity to walk the entire grounds after my ceremony. I would highly recommand the venue to everyone.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park's reply:

Thank you Kaytlyn! We enjoyed working with you and are very happy that we made your day special.

Shreya · Married on 06/25/2016

We had a great experience with Sonnenberg. The staff was helpful from start to finish. It was tricky working on the tent set up with the other vendors. Deb helped alleviate some of the complexities by helping us coordinate them. They were very accommodating especially with our specifications for a Hindu ceremony.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Our wedding at Sonnenberg was gorgeous, even with minimal decor. The staff was amazing and we didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding. All of our guests LOVED the venue - they had free admission to tour the property! Many people have decided to go back for a visit so they can take in the beautiful property. I recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 07/02/2016

Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for such a nice one. We appreciate your comments very much and are delighted that you and your guests enjoyed Sonnenberg Gardens and Mansion State Historic Park!

Heather · Married on 06/18/2016

The team at Sonnenberg did an amazing job making sure our wedding was perfect! Deb is AMAZING at what she does and we couldn't be happier. We have nothing bad to say about our experience! It was a beautiful and perfect day!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Allison · Married on 10/17/2015

Deb was always quick to respond to my many, many emails. She went above and beyond to make both our engagement shoot & wedding special. It was refreshing to work with someone who was understanding and treated you like a person rather than a client who is to be dealt with in an outlined manner. Besides being a beautiful venue, we would recommend Sonnenberg because of the personable nature of the staff and would definitely get married there again if it weren't a one-time thing. The whole process was very enjoyable.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Jenna · Married on 09/12/2015

From day one, Deb and her team at Sonnenberg Gardens did absolutely everything to ensure that our wedding day was perfect! First off, you really couldn't ask for a more beautiful venue. Sonnenberg Gardens is like a place out of a fairytale, with lots of hidden gardens and places to explore on the grounds. It's hard to believe that a place like this exists in Western NY! I was able to choose from a huge selection of potential locations that were all equally beautiful for our 120 person ceremony and reception. Deb was also incredibly flexible and accommodating throughout the planning process, and was very receptive to every little request I had. She made herself available to meet with me and work with my crazy schedule, since I was planning the wedding remotely and only able to come in on odd (and often holiday) weekends. Deb is also a truly kind person, and worked very hard to make sure that no detail went unnoticed. Even when it rained on our big day, she worked behind the scenes to make sure that I wouldn't have to worry about all of the changes and could focus on enjoying the best day of my life. Every single part of our wedding was absolutely perfect, and I definitely have Deb to thank for that! I would give her and Sonnenberg Gardens my highest recommendation.

Sent on 12/05/2015