Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park Reviews

Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park 2
Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park 3
Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park 4

Jovanka · Married on 11/05/2017

I had my ceremony there what a beautiful and romantic place to celebrate your wedding day . Our guests enjoyed walking around the mansion.Staff who helped was amazing.Special thank you to Deb :)

Sent on 11/14/2017

Bill · Married on 10/14/2017

As parents of the bride we could not have happier with the beauty of Sonnenberg and the helpfulness of Deb and her team! Our daughter had very specific ideas of what she wanted and they were able to fulfill her every one. The grounds and mansion provide a perfect setting for photography, guest roaming, and ceremony. Deb (and team) were expert help in planning and made sure everything on the wedding day went smoothly.

Sent on 01/24/2018
    Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park 5
    Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park 6
    Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park 7
    Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park 8

S · Married on 09/23/2017

Sonnenberg is an awesome wedding venue. Our daughter had a storybook wedding reception of her dreams. The pictures are spectacular. We couldn't have made a better choice !! Deb was amazing to work with, so accommodating and understanding. A joy to work with. I always felt great after every interaction or conversation we had. Thank you Deb!!!

Sent on 01/28/2018

Cassie · Married on 06/24/2017

Sonnenberg is absolutely beautiful! We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park's reply:

Thanks Cassie. So glad you were pleased. How did your pictures turn out?

Eugenia · Married on 11/12/2016

This was the most elegant wedding reception I have ever been to and it was our reception for our daughter! Everything was perfection. The funniest comment we heard was how cozy it was. This great big house was cozy. There is such warmth to the rooms, that it feels very welcoming. I felt Mary Thompson was there to make sure everything went well, and it did.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Gail · Married on 10/16/2016

Keep in touch with Deborah and everything will go well and you'll have the best scenery as a backdrop.. also the Reverend and photographer that were recommended were terrific!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Kaytlyn · Married on 10/01/2016

Everyone was fantastic to work with at Sonnenberg. They completely made me feel like I did not have to worry about a thing for my ceremony, because they had everything worked out already. The gardens are always flawless, and my guests enjoyed the opportunity to walk the entire grounds after my ceremony. I would highly recommand the venue to everyone.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park's reply:

Thank you Kaytlyn! We enjoyed working with you and are very happy that we made your day special.

Shreya · Married on 06/25/2016

We had a great experience with Sonnenberg. The staff was helpful from start to finish. It was tricky working on the tent set up with the other vendors. Deb helped alleviate some of the complexities by helping us coordinate them. They were very accommodating especially with our specifications for a Hindu ceremony.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Our wedding at Sonnenberg was gorgeous, even with minimal decor. The staff was amazing and we didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding. All of our guests LOVED the venue - they had free admission to tour the property! Many people have decided to go back for a visit so they can take in the beautiful property. I recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 07/02/2016

Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for such a nice one. We appreciate your comments very much and are delighted that you and your guests enjoyed Sonnenberg Gardens and Mansion State Historic Park!

Heather · Married on 06/18/2016

The team at Sonnenberg did an amazing job making sure our wedding was perfect! Deb is AMAZING at what she does and we couldn't be happier. We have nothing bad to say about our experience! It was a beautiful and perfect day!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Allison · Married on 10/17/2015

Deb was always quick to respond to my many, many emails. She went above and beyond to make both our engagement shoot & wedding special. It was refreshing to work with someone who was understanding and treated you like a person rather than a client who is to be dealt with in an outlined manner. Besides being a beautiful venue, we would recommend Sonnenberg because of the personable nature of the staff and would definitely get married there again if it weren't a one-time thing. The whole process was very enjoyable.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Jenna · Married on 09/12/2015

From day one, Deb and her team at Sonnenberg Gardens did absolutely everything to ensure that our wedding day was perfect! First off, you really couldn't ask for a more beautiful venue. Sonnenberg Gardens is like a place out of a fairytale, with lots of hidden gardens and places to explore on the grounds. It's hard to believe that a place like this exists in Western NY! I was able to choose from a huge selection of potential locations that were all equally beautiful for our 120 person ceremony and reception. Deb was also incredibly flexible and accommodating throughout the planning process, and was very receptive to every little request I had. She made herself available to meet with me and work with my crazy schedule, since I was planning the wedding remotely and only able to come in on odd (and often holiday) weekends. Deb is also a truly kind person, and worked very hard to make sure that no detail went unnoticed. Even when it rained on our big day, she worked behind the scenes to make sure that I wouldn't have to worry about all of the changes and could focus on enjoying the best day of my life. Every single part of our wedding was absolutely perfect, and I definitely have Deb to thank for that! I would give her and Sonnenberg Gardens my highest recommendation.

Sent on 12/05/2015

We had a small destination wedding ceremony but we still wanted to celebrate with our family and friends. We chose Sonnenberg because we wanted a great outdoor venue that didn't require us to do a lot of work or planning. Things could not have gone easier from our first meeting with Deb until the day of the event. We simply told her what we wanted for the site and she took care of all the ordering. The grounds were in amazing shape and the staff and volunteers were very friendly. We couldn't be happier with our decision.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/06/2015

Getting married at Sonnenberg Gardens was a dream. I couldn't believe it was real. The coordinator was extremely helpful and the day went so smooth. I can't wait to keep visiting Sonnenberg in the future and look back on the amazing time we had there on our wedding day.

Sent on 07/13/2015

perfect place for our winter small intimate wonderland wedding. We were able to decorate the day before, and they made sure everything was perfect for us. I'd do it again if I could!!

Sent on 11/15/2015

We were very pleased with Deb and her help! Deb was extremely helpful and made the experience wonderful!
    The kitchen was quite small and made things a little tricky for my food servers, but other than that, we were able to enjoy a beautiful time. We only had 55 guests, which made it perfect for the use of the mansion. I would not rent this space if I had more guests. It was a perfect fit for our size wedding.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Klariza · Married on 08/31/2014

We had a very simple ceremony planned and they helped us throughout the whole process without a rehearsal. Furthermore, it rained the day of our wedding so I texted Deborah Kelley, the event manager, the move the chairs to an alternate location and they did! They were so wonderful. The guests had a great time!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Patty · Married on 08/23/2014

From the very beginning Deborah went above and beyond to make me and my fiancé feel confident about the site. She took us on a tour of Sonnenberg and showed us around during our first visit. After we booked the site, she was always a email away and her staff and her made our wedding day wonderful, they were there to help organize everyone and make sure it all went as planned. A big thank you to Deb and all her staff
    Patty and Matt Smith
    wedding date 8.23.14

Sent on 11/12/2014

Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park's reply:

Thanks for the review Patty! I'm so glad you were happy with our service. Best of luck to you in your marriage.

Cathleen · Married on 06/28/2014

A sunny day in early summer. A late morning wedding in the gorgeous gardens of Sonnenberg. The setting was amazing. We were lucky enough to have a beautiful (although a bit unseasonably hot) day to make our wedding day picture perfect.
    The staff was wonderfully helpful and accommodating during both the planning and the event. I think choosing an area within the Gardens for the ceremony was our biggest challenge in the whole process.

Sent on 03/20/2015

Bonnie · Married on 08/10/2013

Our wedding day turned out so beautiful due to the staff at Sonnenberg. They made every detail of our wedding perfect.....

Sent on 01/16/2014

Brittney · Married on 07/26/2013

It was the perfect day. The gardens were beautiful. I would not of changed a thing.

Sent on 01/19/2014

C · Married on 07/04/2013

The staff at Sonnenberg were wonderful. They patiently coordinated with my sister, parents, fiancé and me to facilitate the perfect wedding (my fiancé and I being out of town). They have the process down to a science but don't expect you to. The grounds speak for themselves and I'd highly recommend the venue to anyone looking for a little historical charm, natural beauty and staff that can pull it all together.

Sent on 01/22/2014

Sonnenberg gardens was beautiful, relaxed, and very accommodating. 5 stars all around.

Sent on 01/07/2014

Kelly · Married on 06/01/2013

We had our wedding ceremony at Sonnenberg. It was beautiful and perfect! Deb and Diane worked with us on every detail that we requested. They were quick to respond to every email, and exceeded our expectations! Many compliments from our wedding guests!

Sent on 06/29/2013