Something Blu Weddings + Events Reviews

Something Blu Weddings + Events 5
Something Blu Weddings + Events 6
Something Blu Weddings + Events 7

Chelsea · Getting married on 07/23/2020

Working with Tara was an absolute dream. We collaborated to help bring to life the beautiful visions of one of her brides early this September. As a vendor working with an event planner does not always come easy. However, Tara was quick, responsive, detailed, and organized. I cannot wait to collaborate with her again!! To all the future couples looking for a planner, you'd be lucky to put your special day into Tara's hands! :)

Sent on 09/26/2017

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Chelsea, thank you so much for your kind words and as always it was fantastic working with you and the Beautiful Blooms Team as well.

Barbara · Married on 09/28/2018

Tara was so fun and easy to work with as our day of coordinator! I could relax and enjoy my only daughters wedding day!!!!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Barbara! Thank you so much for your kind words and the day could NOT have been any more perfect! It was truly a pleasure to work with you and to get to know your family! -Tara

Marlane · Married on 09/02/2018

We used Something Blu for Day Of Services. I am mother of the bride, my daughter lives in NY and the wedding was in Philadelphia. Tara was wonderful, very organized, professional, unobstrusive and extremely kind and reassuring. The day of went smoother than we expected largely due to her efforts in communicating with the vendors. I have no reservations in highly recommending this organization as Wedding Planners.

Sent on 09/08/2018

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Marlane, both you and Harvey were a dream to work with! It was such an honor to be a part of such a special day for you and your family! Thank you!!

Valerie · Married on 07/07/2018

I loved Tara! She was wonderful to work with, She made me feel at ease though this wedding planning process! I would use her again and recommend for anyone who is in need of help planning their wedding!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

You are too sweet Valerie, thank you!! What an absolutely amazing day you and Stephen had and we were just so fortunate to be a part of it. Thank you again and I hope you had an amazingly relaxing time on your Honeymoon! Congratulations again!

Eden · Married on 06/29/2018

Tara is amazing to work with - she thinks of everything so you don't have to! She makes your wedding day so much less stressful! Erin was also incredibly helpful and fun to work with the day of!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Eden, thank you so very much for your kind words. We had a wonderful time being part of your beautiful wedding day! Best wishes again! Tara
  • Y

Yuliya · Married on 06/01/2018

This was probably the best money I've spent in the whole wedding process. Tara is the BEST! She's like a little buddah angel that makes your wedding go the smoothest it can be. I wasn't stressed having her and her team around and I had a large bilingual wedding. They are professional, attentive to detail without overwhelming you, and

Sent on 06/12/2018

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Yuliya - thank you so very much for just allowing us to be present for your and Matt's wedding! It was something I will absolutely never forget and the pleasure was all mine you were a joy to work with and I wish you all the very best!!

Lee · Married on 05/27/2018

Something Blu Weddings + Events is a very honest and professional wedding planner. I have worked with them on several occasions and they are tops! Lauren is very easy to work with. I give them my highest recommendations.

Kim · Married on 05/19/2018

I can't give enough praise to Tara and Something Blu for making our wedding the perfect day. I'd give 10 stars if I could! I am one of those clients that was undoubtedly so hard to work with. I had no idea what I wanted for anything! I didn't know our color scheme, which vendors we were using, timing, flowers, you name it! Tara worked with me tirelessly to put all of the pieces together. She let me know which decisions had to be made immediately and which ones I could figure out along the way. I was so stressed leading up to the wedding and wondering how I was going to make sure everything was running smoothly. Well, I literally did nothing on my wedding day except have fun and enjoy the day with my new husband! My husband and I couldn't believe how seamless the day was, especially having to deal with multiple locations and day-of changes due to rain! Tara asked what was important to us for the day and made sure to make those things happen. Worth every single penny and more! Tara and the team went above and beyond, exceeded our expectations, and made our wedding a day we won't forget! Thank you thank you thank you!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Kim - what are you talking about, you were a pleasure to work with!! We thoroughly enjoyed being part of your wedding team! It was a fantastic day, the rain was kept at bay and everything went off without a hitch - perfection! Congratulations to you and Reed again!

Shannon · Married on 05/04/2018

Hiring Tara and her team was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. I had a lot of DIY and non-traditional elements and Tara handled them with ease. Her organization and communication kept me on track with my own projects, and she was so helpful and flexible when those last-minute changes would come up. On the day of the wedding, Tara was incredible -- she handled things I would have never even though of and was prepared for any circumstance! She was so on top of everything that I was actually able to relax and enjoy my wedding day. When I started planning my wedding, I didn't think I would need to hire a day-of coordinator, but after working with Tara and her team, I can't imagine my big day without them!

Sent on 05/13/2018

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Shannon - we were beyond thrilled to lend a helping hand for your and Zack's big day and I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself. It was such an incredible day and I hope you got some downtime on Saturday :). Thank you again and very best wishes to you!!

Mariana · Married on 04/13/2018

Hiring Tara from Something Blu was the best decision we made! Our wedding was very DIY, non-traditional, but we wanted someone to handle all of the day-of details, and Tara took care of everything. She managed all of the vendors, checked in with us all day, had every possible item we would need. We could ask her to help us with anything, and she would do it with a smile. It was so worth it to have her there, and I would recommend Something Blu and Tara to everyone!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Mariana - thank you so much, the pleasure was all mine! All of your DIY elements were gorgeous and I was thrilled to be a party of your and Toby's special day - and what a day it was, so beautiful!! I hope you had a wonderful Honeymoon! Congratulations and best wishes again!

Jillian · Married on 10/28/2017

Hiring Something Blu Wedding + Events as my day-of-coordinator was honestly one of the best decisions that I made throughout the wedding planning process. I think that the title "day-of-coordinator" is a bit deceiving because I received so much more than just a day-of service from this company.

I started working with Tara as my main day-of-coordinator. I then started working with Sarah, as Tara was expecting her second child, and the transition was incredibly seamless. Both Tara and Sarah attended the venue walk through to make sure everyone was on the same page in terms of setting up the space. Leading up to the wedding, Sarah was so responsive to both email and text - she was very organized and ready to answer any question. Sarah put together a wedding timeline which was shared with all of my vendors. Kim and Sheri were also at the wedding to help Sarah and both were so great! Together, all three made the day go so smoothly.

My wedding day was perfect, and it would not have been the same without the help of Something Blu Wedding + Events. My entire family was able to relax and enjoy the day, and I could not have asked for more. I didn't have a thing to worry about on my wedding day as I knew Sarah and her team had taken care of everything.

If you are on the fence about hiring a day-of-coordinator, I highly recommend it. And even more so, I strongly suggest hiring Something Blu Wedding + Events! Thank you Sarah and Tara for all of your amazing help!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Jillian, First of all thank you again for being so understanding of the baby "situation" and I am thrilled to hear that the transition from me to Sarah as your day of coordinator was seamless - makes me so happy! Thank you again for your flexibility on that! It was such a pleasure working with you and your mom! Congratulations again and Best Wishes!

Melanie · Married on 10/28/2017

I have nothing but high praises for Tara and the team at Something Blu. Being the mother of the bride I have to admit that I hesitated when my daughter wanted to hire a wedding planner. After meeting with Tara it was clear that there was a lot more to planning a wedding than my experiences 35 years ago. She was very organized and always available to answer questions even though she was hired as the day of coordinator! Even when Tara informed us that she was expecting another child, due the month of the wedding, (congratulations to Tara and her family) she arranged for us to meet with Sarah, another member of the team. Sarah was also readily available to answer those questions as the wedding approached and made sure all the vendors were ready to go. And the timeline! How great it was knowing where everyone should be and at what time! Kim and Sheri were also helpful with the rehearsal and reception. When the wedding was over it was so nice that Sarah and Kim had everything packed up and ready for us to take home. After a night of celebrating it was nice not to have to run around making sure we had everything. Thank you so much Something Blu, I thoroughly enjoyed my daughter’s wedding and it was due in part to all of your help!

Laure · Married on 10/21/2017

The staff at Something Blu was incredible!! I knew I was in great hands with Tara from our first call. She was on the ball, responsive, gave the best advice – just a pro! Lauren and Racheal were so fantastic on the day of the event. I literally had nothing to worry about because they had it all covered. It was so great to be able to just enjoy every aspect of our wedding day knowing the details were in such great hands!

Sent on 11/09/2017
    Something Blu Weddings + Events 8
    Something Blu Weddings + Events 9
    Something Blu Weddings + Events 10

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Lauren, the pleasure was all ours. Working with you, your mom and Megan was so much fun, its really hard to call it work sometimes. I had a blast and you were such a stunning bride. Congratulations to you and Dan again!

Stepfanie · Married on 10/13/2017

Highly recommend using Something Blu if you are looking for day of coordination for your wedding! Leading up to the wedding Tara and Sarah were amazing! They were so organized and were genuinely interested in the details of the wedding, and making sure everything would flow and be exactly what we wanted. They took on the role of communicating with all vendors and finalizing all details to ensure that the months and weeks leading up to the wedding were as stress free as possible. On the day of the wedding they made it so we didn't have to worry about one thing from beginning to end. They helped to make the whole day perfect!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Stepfanie - you are too sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words. The pleasure was all ours! A beautiful day, a beautiful couple and a perfect setting for a lifetime of happiness! Congratulations again to you and TJ!

Virgil · Married on 09/09/2017

Tara was a dream to work with. She kept everything running smoothly which made the wedding a truly enjoyable event. Hope to work with her again.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Virgil, you are too sweet! Thank you so much and please know the pleasure was all ours. It was absolutely wonderful working with you and the CTO Midtown Express Band. You guys rock!

Katie · Married on 09/08/2017

We loved having you girls as our wedding coordinator team! Thank you so much for being apart of our special day!! ❤️

Melissa · Married on 06/10/2017

5 stars isn't enough to say how amazing working with Tara , Sarah, and Something Blue was! I am an event planner for my profession, and I was very concerned I would slip into work mode on my wedding day instead of being the bride and enjoying every moment. Tara was our Day-Of-Coordinator, and it was the best decision I made in the whole wedding planning process. Leading up to the wedding, we did a walk through of the venue to talk through the day of schedule. We then kept in communication in the weeks leading up to the wedding - confirming details and she offered great advice when I had questions. Having her at my rehearsal was wonderful - she made sure everyone understood what they were supposed to do and where they were supposed to be. The day of the wedding, I had no worries when it came to logistics. Tara made sure all the vendors were on time, that the bridal party was where they were supposed to be and her team set up at the reception. I felt no stress on my wedding day, and was able to live in the moment, instead of worrying about what needed to be done. Tara also has the most amazing emergency kit - Sarah helped get a stain off my dress after pictures. They also helped bustle my dress and keep adjusting it when it fell out. They also packed everything up when the party ended, and placed it in the designated car. I am so thankful for the piece of mind they gave me on my wedding day, and cannot recommend them enough!!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Melissa, the pleasure was all ours! We were honored to be a part of your, Shawn and Ava's amazing day! Everything was so gorgeously personalized - it is making me want to have a beer just thinking about all those hops and barley accents! Congratulations and all the best again!
  • Lindzer

Lindsey · Married on 04/29/2017

Lauren was our day-of coordinator, and I could not have been happier with her and her team's service!! I spoke with a few coordinators and many of them offer similar services, so it came down to personality and trust for me. I made the right choice! In the month leading up to the wedding, we met with her at our venue and she was so well-prepared. She also replied quickly to my emails. A couple weeks before the wedding she really started picking up communication with all the vendors and the venue, and I felt like I was able to relax a little bit because I knew she had things under control.

On the day of the wedding, Lauren and her assistants worked seamlessly with the venue staff and vendors, getting decor set up, handling shuttle bus logistics at our hotel, and helping make sure we adjusted our schedule once we were running behind. I was so glad that my parents and bridal party could relax and enjoy themselves during the wedding because we knew that Something Blu was on top of any issues that might arise. I highly recommend having a day-of coordinator (even at a venue that provides event management) and definitely recommend choosing Something Blu.

Laurie · Married on 04/29/2017

When our daughter suggested hiring a "day-of coordinator" for her wedding, we thought it was a fabulous idea. Even though the venue had an event manager on-site, the idea of having someone else there who was solely focused on our needs was of utmost importance. After meeting Lauren the first time, we were all so thrilled with that decision. She was so professional, organized, detailed, communicative...we immediately had the confidence that she would be an asset and fulfill her role thoroughly. She and our daughter talked often during the month prior to the event, and along with her two assistants, Lauren helped make our daughter's wedding a perfect day! I would definitely recommend her. And if I had another wedding to plan, Something Blu would be the first call I would make!!

Cheryl · Married on 12/10/2016

I don't have enough good things to say about Tara and her team everything went flawless the day of the wedding! I would absolutely recommend her to anyone. I did not have to worry about anything thanks again for making my daughters wedding a dream come true!!

Erin · Married on 11/12/2016

I used Something Blu Day of Coordination Services for my November 2016 wedding and it was hands down the best decision I made during the wedding planning process. From the moment I met Tara, I knew I would be in good hands. Being a type A, I usually have a hard time giving over control to others, but Tara was so patient and thorough I never questioned whether or not she would be able to handle it. She was amazing at coordinating all of the vendors and saved me from the dreaded task of the day of timeline. That detail alone made those last few weeks so much less stressful. Once I handed off everything to Tara the week of the wedding, I was actually able to enjoy and be present in every minute of the day. I never once felt like I was having to make major decisions or put out fires the day of. My husband and I were able to enjoy every minute of our wedding and everything was coordinated perfectly. I cannot say enough about how amazing this team is. Just hire them, trust me, its completely worth it.

Mary · Married on 10/14/2016

I couldn’t imagine planning one of the most magical days in my life without Tara’s assistance. She was my saving grace in keeping me organized, on track, and helping me remember key details that I would have overlooked. I most appreciated her for her logistics help, especially with my situation being a little tricky. Tara would meet with me on a routine basis. We would go over checklists to keep organized. Her experience, availability, timeliness, and follow up with me was outstanding – it truly allowed me to put all my confidence in her. Tara assisted in the prep leading up to the wedding, day-of assistance, and even the clean-up! It was incredible how her diligent work behind the scenes with the vendors took a load off my shoulders and allowed me to be able to focus on other things, and even enjoy the week leading up to the special day. Tara demonstrated the utmost professionalism throughout the entire process, and I honestly felt she was genuinely excited for me and living through the process with me. She truly made the entire experience very special for me. I’m incredibly grateful for Tara and could not recommend her enough! She was EXACTLY what I needed - and she made it so much fun for me!

Sue · Married on 10/07/2016

After reading numerous reviews for "day of" coordinators, we chose the best!!! Lauren, from Something Blu was amazing! She is kind, responsive, organized, knowledgeable and offered invaluable guidance to us. As a mother of the bride, wanting to keep my daughter and her fiancé's stress levels to a minimum, I became overwhelmed with the "day of" details. With about 4 months to go, I reached out to an almost fully booked Something Blu for "day of" services. I promptly heard back from Lauren. My daughter and I met with her the following week and she immediately set our minds at ease. Lauren and her assistant, Valentina, were just FANTASTIC on the wedding day! They kept us on track and made sure things ran smoothly. We were all able to just enjoy the day, which was truly a gift! We can't thank Lauren enough and would highly recommend Something Blu without hesitation! THANK YOU!!!

Amanda · Married on 09/10/2016

Hiring Lauren was the best decision I made for our wedding!! Lauren and her staff are everything they say they are and then some! Lauren was in contact with me constantly and whenever I needed her throughout all my planning. She was available for every weird question that I had, and having a backyard wedding, I had a lot of questions! Lauren carried out everything she said she would! She was in contact with all of my vendors and had them all on the same timeline! She told them when they needed to be there, where to set up, and everything in between! She decorated my entire cocktail and reception area exactly as I wanted it to look! It looked better than I could have imagined it would! Without Lauren, I would have been trying to manage to group everybody where they needed to be while getting my hair done rather than sitting back and enjoying that time with my girls! I had nothing to worry about on my wedding day because Lauren was taking care of it all! Lauren and her staff are worth every penny and I highly recommend her to any bride planning a wedding, you won't regret your decision! Thank you so much Lauren, you truly made my wedding day fabulous and stress free for all involved!!