Something Blu Weddings + Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Hillary
    Hillary E. Married on 04/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional and Calm Wedding Planner!

Lauren and her team made my day truly magical. After having to reschedule my wedding a year out due to covid, at some points I felt like I was losing my mind, but Lauren had everything under control and was incredibly calm and reassuring, which I needed. She uses a great software called Aisleplanner which helped keep everything organized, and even though she ended up having to plan my wedding for 2 years, she never made me feel like a burden. The day of went incredibly smoothly, everything I needed was taken care of and she amazingly took care of and was aware of every single detail of that day. I don't know how I would have done it without her. Her assistant Christine was also wonderful that day. I would highly recommend Something Blu!
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 10/16/2021

Book Something Blu now!

HIRE SOMETHING BLU WEDDINGS FOR YOUR WEDDING! I was not someone who initially knew what I wanted our wedding to look like but I knew that I didn’t want to be bogged down with all the details – Something Blu made sure we had a beautiful and fun wedding but didn’t have to stress about the details. Lauren worked with us from the beginning to create a vision and find a wonderful venue/vendors, all while respecting our overall budget. The wedding planning portal they use was extremely helpful for tracking all finances (budget, expenses, upcoming payments) and served as a centralized website to track all contracts and vendor contact info. She maintained communication/coordination with all vendors and in the month leading up to the wedding, created a detailed timeline and helped us work through all last-minute crisis/changes. On the wedding weekend, Lauren and Christine were rockstars! They were extremely organized, detail-oriented, and always aware of what my husband and I needed throughout the wedding day. We had weather that made us change our original ceremony plan and Lauren/Christine stepped in to make sure the new ceremony location was beautiful and that the wedding party knew the changes without stressing me or my husband. They kept our day running smoothly and handled all unexpected issues with ease. All of their work made it so my husband and I and our families could be fully present for the celebration and enjoy the day for what it was. I would highly recommend hiring Something Blu for your wedding!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 07/23/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Working with Tara was an absolute dream. We collaborated to help bring to life the beautiful visions of one of her brides early this September. As a vendor working with an event planner does not always come easy. However, Tara was quick, responsive, detailed, and organized. I cannot wait to collaborate with her again!! To all the future couples looking for a planner, you'd be lucky to put your special day into Tara's hands! :)

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Chelsea, thank you so much for your kind words and as always it was fantastic working with you and the Beautiful Blooms Team as well.
    Caitlin Married on 10/19/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

They had every detail covered and were SO NICE!

I absolutely would recommend Something Blu for anyone looking for a stress-free wedding day. I hired them for Day of Coordination and they were so helpful in the lead up ensuring everyone had the information they needed. They were so kind and professional and I wanted for absolutely nothing the day of! It was such a blessing to be able to relax and enjoy the day while they made sure everything went smoothly!

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Caitlin - Thank you so much for such a lovely review! We're so glad to hear how relaxed and stress free you felt :) Best wishes to you both! 💙
  • Madeleine
    Madeleine B. Married on 08/24/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely integral to our wedding day success!

SomethingBlu was absolutely essential for our wedding day. Having Erin and Maria as the Day of Coordinators allowed me to sit back as the bride and enjoy the evening. They helped me create the wedding day timeline and ensured that the timeline was provided to our vendors. They had everything covered the day of and even helped me wipe our a dirt stain on my dress. Their upbeat energy and attention to detail was amazing. I highly recommend them to anyone!

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Thank you so much for such a lovely review 💙 You two were so fun to work with, and your wedding was absolutely beautiful! Congratulations again!
    Kristin S. Married on 05/04/2019

Best Decision We Ever Made Was Hiring Lauren

At first, we weren't going to hire a wedding coordinator. Thank GOODNESS we did. Hiring Lauren was the best decision we could have made. She put together a detailed timeline of the day an didn't miss a single beat. Her team is fantastic. The attention to detail was so impressive. Planning a wedding can be so stressful, but the stress was completely lifted once we hired Lauren. Onsite, her team was so professional, assertive with vendors when necessary - in which we SO appreciated. Most importantly, the team is kind. I strongly recommend Something Blu - promise you will be in good hands.

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words!! We had a blast working with you + Tom and so glad to have been there to help. We wish you nothing but the best 💙 Congrats again!
    Dana V. Married on 04/27/2019

A m a z i n g!

My now husband and I decided last minute to get a planner because of all the little essentials you don’t think about and need help with! We were SO glad to have made that decision, Erin made our day a flawless dream, she did everything the month leading up until our big day!! If there were any issues, she handled it without us even knowing! The Day of our wedding went absolutely flawless from beginning to end. Erin & her assistant Christine were really amazing! Soooo professional and so organized it made everything super easy for me the bride and my husband. Not only was Erin super kind and great at what she does but we really hit it off and I feel like I gained a friend forever! Thank you Something Blue for an awesome experience!

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Dana, you are the sweetest - thank you so much for letting us be a part of your special day! You and Chad were a dream to work with, and I am so thankful we had the chance to be a part of your special day! We wish you both the absolute best!
    Barbara Married on 09/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Tara was so fun and easy to work with as our day of coordinator! I could relax and enjoy my only daughters wedding day!!!!

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Barbara! Thank you so much for your kind words and the day could NOT have been any more perfect! It was truly a pleasure to work with you and to get to know your family! -Tara
    Marlane Married on 09/02/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We used Something Blu for Day Of Services. I am mother of the bride, my daughter lives in NY and the wedding was in Philadelphia. Tara was wonderful, very organized, professional, unobstrusive and extremely kind and reassuring. The day of went smoother than we expected largely due to her efforts in communicating with the vendors. I have no reservations in highly recommending this organization as Wedding Planners.

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Marlane, both you and Harvey were a dream to work with! It was such an honor to be a part of such a special day for you and your family! Thank you!!
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 07/28/2018

An absolute dream team!

Tara and her team were amazing through and through!!!!!! Thank you ladies for all that you do - without you my husband and I would have been hot messes not only on the big day but every minute leading up to it. You are amazing at what you do and the peace of mind you granted us was totally priceless. It was a dream working with you!

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Laura! Thank you so much for your very sweet words! You and Ethan were a dream to work with - the pleasure was all ours! Happiest of Holidays to you and your families!
    Valerie Married on 07/07/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I loved Tara! She was wonderful to work with, She made me feel at ease though this wedding planning process! I would use her again and recommend for anyone who is in need of help planning their wedding!

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

You are too sweet Valerie, thank you!! What an absolutely amazing day you and Stephen had and we were just so fortunate to be a part of it. Thank you again and I hope you had an amazingly relaxing time on your Honeymoon! Congratulations again!
    Eden Married on 06/29/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Tara is amazing to work with - she thinks of everything so you don't have to! She makes your wedding day so much less stressful! Erin was also incredibly helpful and fun to work with the day of!

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Eden, thank you so very much for your kind words. We had a wonderful time being part of your beautiful wedding day! Best wishes again! Tara
  • Y
    Yuliya Married on 06/01/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This was probably the best money I've spent in the whole wedding process. Tara is the BEST! She's like a little buddah angel that makes your wedding go the smoothest it can be. I wasn't stressed having her and her team around and I had a large bilingual wedding. They are professional, attentive to detail without overwhelming you, and

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Yuliya - thank you so very much for just allowing us to be present for your and Matt's wedding! It was something I will absolutely never forget and the pleasure was all mine you were a joy to work with and I wish you all the very best!!
    Lee Married on 05/27/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Something Blu Weddings + Events is a very honest and professional wedding planner. I have worked with them on several occasions and they are tops! Lauren is very easy to work with. I give them my highest recommendations.
    Kim Married on 05/19/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I can't give enough praise to Tara and Something Blu for making our wedding the perfect day. I'd give 10 stars if I could! I am one of those clients that was undoubtedly so hard to work with. I had no idea what I wanted for anything! I didn't know our color scheme, which vendors we were using, timing, flowers, you name it! Tara worked with me tirelessly to put all of the pieces together. She let me know which decisions had to be made immediately and which ones I could figure out along the way. I was so stressed leading up to the wedding and wondering how I was going to make sure everything was running smoothly. Well, I literally did nothing on my wedding day except have fun and enjoy the day with my new husband! My husband and I couldn't believe how seamless the day was, especially having to deal with multiple locations and day-of changes due to rain! Tara asked what was important to us for the day and made sure to make those things happen. Worth every single penny and more! Tara and the team went above and beyond, exceeded our expectations, and made our wedding a day we won't forget! Thank you thank you thank you!

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Kim - what are you talking about, you were a pleasure to work with!! We thoroughly enjoyed being part of your wedding team! It was a fantastic day, the rain was kept at bay and everything went off without a hitch - perfection! Congratulations to you and Reed again!
    Stephanie Married on 05/19/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lauren was great. I hired her as a day-of-coordinator for my wedding and she was incredibly helpful. She made sure that everything ran smoothly with my vendors, taking over communication with them in the days before the wedding and making sure set-up went according to plan. Throughout the night she kept me fed and watered and was able to take important items off my hands (e.g. my very expensive gold bracelets that were too delicate to wear all night long) and back to our room for us (e.g. cards, gifts, extra food) so that we didn't have a single worry all night long. She was also able to handle the one mishap we had at our wedding (every wedding has one, so hire a coordinator so you aren't the person dealing with the problem when it comes!) - one of our shuttles never showed and left guests stranded at the ceremony location for a short time before Lauren was able to work out a solution, all the while I was able to keep socializing with guests and acting as hostess and enjoying myself since I knew the problem was being taken care of.

Before the wedding, Lauren was also very helpful. She
    created a comprehensive timeline of the night, which she shared with all our other vendors, and which she able to adapt on the fly when things went wrong (with some guests arrival to the reception site being delayed, including the bride's parents!) so that the guests didn't notice anything was amiss and the evening went as perfectly as if that had been the original plan all along. Lauren and her two assistants were also just a pleasure to be around - so sweet and calm - the perfect presence to add to your wedding ensemble to keep you grounded, centered, and stress-free both before, during, and after the big day.
    Shannon Married on 05/04/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Hiring Tara and her team was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. I had a lot of DIY and non-traditional elements and Tara handled them with ease. Her organization and communication kept me on track with my own projects, and she was so helpful and flexible when those last-minute changes would come up. On the day of the wedding, Tara was incredible -- she handled things I would have never even though of and was prepared for any circumstance! She was so on top of everything that I was actually able to relax and enjoy my wedding day. When I started planning my wedding, I didn't think I would need to hire a day-of coordinator, but after working with Tara and her team, I can't imagine my big day without them!

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Shannon - we were beyond thrilled to lend a helping hand for your and Zack's big day and I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself. It was such an incredible day and I hope you got some downtime on Saturday :). Thank you again and very best wishes to you!!
    Mariana Married on 04/13/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Hiring Tara from Something Blu was the best decision we made! Our wedding was very DIY, non-traditional, but we wanted someone to handle all of the day-of details, and Tara took care of everything. She managed all of the vendors, checked in with us all day, had every possible item we would need. We could ask her to help us with anything, and she would do it with a smile. It was so worth it to have her there, and I would recommend Something Blu and Tara to everyone!

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Mariana - thank you so much, the pleasure was all mine! All of your DIY elements were gorgeous and I was thrilled to be a party of your and Toby's special day - and what a day it was, so beautiful!! I hope you had a wonderful Honeymoon! Congratulations and best wishes again!
    Melanie Married on 10/28/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I have nothing but high praises for Tara and the team at Something Blu. Being the mother of the bride I have to admit that I hesitated when my daughter wanted to hire a wedding planner. After meeting with Tara it was clear that there was a lot more to planning a wedding than my experiences 35 years ago. She was very organized and always available to answer questions even though she was hired as the day of coordinator! Even when Tara informed us that she was expecting another child, due the month of the wedding, (congratulations to Tara and her family) she arranged for us to meet with Sarah, another member of the team. Sarah was also readily available to answer those questions as the wedding approached and made sure all the vendors were ready to go. And the timeline! How great it was knowing where everyone should be and at what time! Kim and Sheri were also helpful with the rehearsal and reception. When the wedding was over it was so nice that Sarah and Kim had everything packed up and ready for us to take home. After a night of celebrating it was nice not to have to run around making sure we had everything. Thank you so much Something Blu, I thoroughly enjoyed my daughter’s wedding and it was due in part to all of your help!
    Jillian Married on 10/28/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Hiring Something Blu Wedding + Events as my day-of-coordinator was honestly one of the best decisions that I made throughout the wedding planning process. I think that the title "day-of-coordinator" is a bit deceiving because I received so much more than just a day-of service from this company.

I started working with Tara as my main day-of-coordinator. I then started working with Sarah, as Tara was expecting her second child, and the transition was incredibly seamless. Both Tara and Sarah attended the venue walk through to make sure everyone was on the same page in terms of setting up the space. Leading up to the wedding, Sarah was so responsive to both email and text - she was very organized and ready to answer any question. Sarah put together a wedding timeline which was shared with all of my vendors. Kim and Sheri were also at the wedding to help Sarah and both were so great! Together, all three made the day go so smoothly.

My wedding day was perfect, and it would not have been the same without the help of Something Blu Wedding + Events. My entire family was able to relax and enjoy the day, and I could not have asked for more. I didn't have a thing to worry about on my wedding day as I knew Sarah and her team had taken care of everything.

If you are on the fence about hiring a day-of-coordinator, I highly recommend it. And even more so, I strongly suggest hiring Something Blu Wedding + Events! Thank you Sarah and Tara for all of your amazing help!

Jillian,
    First of all thank you again for being so understanding of the baby "situation" and I am thrilled to hear that the transition from me to Sarah as your day of coordinator was seamless - makes me so happy! Thank you again for your flexibility on that! It was such a pleasure working with you and your mom! Congratulations again and Best Wishes!
    Laure Married on 10/21/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The staff at Something Blu was incredible!! I knew I was in great hands with Tara from our first call. She was on the ball, responsive, gave the best advice – just a pro! Lauren and Racheal were so fantastic on the day of the event. I literally had nothing to worry about because they had it all covered. It was so great to be able to just enjoy every aspect of our wedding day knowing the details were in such great hands!

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Lauren, the pleasure was all ours. Working with you, your mom and Megan was so much fun, its really hard to call it work sometimes. I had a blast and you were such a stunning bride. Congratulations to you and Dan again!
    Stepfanie Married on 10/13/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Highly recommend using Something Blu if you are looking for day of coordination for your wedding! Leading up to the wedding Tara and Sarah were amazing! They were so organized and were genuinely interested in the details of the wedding, and making sure everything would flow and be exactly what we wanted. They took on the role of communicating with all vendors and finalizing all details to ensure that the months and weeks leading up to the wedding were as stress free as possible. On the day of the wedding they made it so we didn't have to worry about one thing from beginning to end. They helped to make the whole day perfect!

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Stepfanie - you are too sweet! Thank you so much for your kind words. The pleasure was all ours! A beautiful day, a beautiful couple and a perfect setting for a lifetime of happiness! Congratulations again to you and TJ!
  • Virgil
    Virgil Married on 09/09/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Tara was a dream to work with. She kept everything running smoothly which made the wedding a truly enjoyable event. Hope to work with her again.

Something Blu Weddings + Events's reply:

Virgil, you are too sweet! Thank you so much and please know the pleasure was all ours. It was absolutely wonderful working with you and the CTO Midtown Express Band. You guys rock!
    Katie Married on 09/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We loved having you girls as our wedding coordinator team! Thank you so much for being apart of our special day!! ❤️
illustration stars