68 Reviews for Something Blu Weddings + Events

Event Design (1)
Full Planning (1)
Referrals (1)
Civil (1)

Hiring Tara and her team was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. I had a lot of DIY and non-traditional elements and Tara handled them with ease. Her organization and communication kept me on track with my own projects, and she was so helpful and flexible when those last-minute changes would come up. On the day of the wedding, Tara was incredible -- she handled things I would have never even though of and was prepared for any circumstance! She was so on top of everything that I was actually able to relax and enjoy my wedding day. When I started planning my wedding, I didn't think I would need to hire a day-of coordinator, but after working with Tara and her team, I can't imagine my big day without them!

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/4/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Tara from Something Blu was the best decision we made! Our wedding was very DIY, non-traditional, but we wanted someone to handle all of the day-of details, and Tara took care of everything. She managed all of the vendors, checked in with us all day, had every possible item we would need. We could ask her to help us with anything, and she would do it with a smile. It was so worth it to have her there, and I would recommend Something Blu and Tara to everyone!

Profile Picture Mariana, 4/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I have nothing but high praises for Tara and the team at Something Blu. Being the mother of the bride I have to admit that I hesitated when my daughter wanted to hire a wedding planner. After meeting with Tara it was clear that there was a lot more to planning a wedding than my experiences 35 years ago. She was very organized and always available to answer questions even though she was hired as the day of coordinator! Even when Tara informed us that she was expecting another child, due the month of the wedding, (congratulations to Tara and her family) she arranged for us to meet with Sarah, another member of the team. Sarah was also readily available to answer those questions as the wedding approached and made sure all the vendors were ready to go. And the timeline! How great it was knowing where everyone should be and at what time! Kim and Sheri were also helpful with the rehearsal and reception. When the wedding was over it was so nice that Sarah and Kim had everything packed up and ready for us to take home. After a night of celebrating it was nice not to have to run around making sure we had everything. Thank you so much Something Blu, I thoroughly enjoyed my daughter’s wedding and it was due in part to all of your help!

Profile Picture Melanie, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Something Blu Wedding + Events as my day-of-coordinator was honestly one of the best decisions that I made throughout the wedding planning process. I think that the title "day-of-coordinator" is a bit deceiving because I received so much more than just a day-of service from this company.

I started working with Tara as my main day-of-coordinator. I then started working with Sarah, as Tara was expecting her second child, and the transition was incredibly seamless. Both Tara and Sarah attended the venue walk through to make sure everyone was on the same page in terms of setting up the space. Leading up to the wedding, Sarah was so responsive to both email and text - she was very organized and ready to answer any question. Sarah put together a wedding timeline which was shared with all of my vendors. Kim and Sheri were also at the wedding to help Sarah and both were so great! Together, all three made the day go so smoothly.

My wedding day was perfect, and it would not have been the same without the help of Something Blu Wedding + Events. My entire family was able to relax and enjoy the day, and I could not have asked for more. I didn't have a thing to worry about on my wedding day as I knew Sarah and her team had taken care of everything.

If you are on the fence about hiring a day-of-coordinator, I highly recommend it. And even more so, I strongly suggest hiring Something Blu Wedding + Events! Thank you Sarah and Tara for all of your amazing help!

Profile Picture Jillian, 10/28/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The staff at Something Blu was incredible!! I knew I was in great hands with Tara from our first call. She was on the ball, responsive, gave the best advice – just a pro! Lauren and Racheal were so fantastic on the day of the event. I literally had nothing to worry about because they had it all covered. It was so great to be able to just enjoy every aspect of our wedding day knowing the details were in such great hands!

Profile Picture Laure, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Tara was a dream to work with. She kept everything running smoothly which made the wedding a truly enjoyable event. Hope to work with her again.

Profile Picture Virgil, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Tara was an absolute dream. We collaborated to help bring to life the beautiful visions of one of her brides early this September. As a vendor working with an event planner does not always come easy. However, Tara was quick, responsive, detailed, and organized. I cannot wait to collaborate with her again!! To all the future couples looking for a planner, you'd be lucky to put your special day into Tara's hands! :)

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We loved having you girls as our wedding coordinator team! Thank you so much for being apart of our special day!! ❤️

Profile Picture Katie, 9/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination

5 stars isn't enough to say how amazing working with Tara , Sarah, and Something Blue was! I am an event planner for my profession, and I was very concerned I would slip into work mode on my wedding day instead of being the bride and enjoying every moment. Tara was our Day-Of-Coordinator, and it was the best decision I made in the whole wedding planning process. Leading up to the wedding, we did a walk through of the venue to talk through the day of schedule. We then kept in communication in the weeks leading up to the wedding - confirming details and she offered great advice when I had questions. Having her at my rehearsal was wonderful - she made sure everyone understood what they were supposed to do and where they were supposed to be. The day of the wedding, I had no worries when it came to logistics. Tara made sure all the vendors were on time, that the bridal party was where they were supposed to be and her team set up at the reception. I felt no stress on my wedding day, and was able to live in the moment, instead of worrying about what needed to be done. Tara also has the most amazing emergency kit - Sarah helped get a stain off my dress after pictures. They also helped bustle my dress and keep adjusting it when it fell out. They also packed everything up when the party ended, and placed it in the designated car. I am so thankful for the piece of mind they gave me on my wedding day, and cannot recommend them enough!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists

Lauren was our day-of coordinator, and I could not have been happier with her and her team's service!! I spoke with a few coordinators and many of them offer similar services, so it came down to personality and trust for me. I made the right choice! In the month leading up to the wedding, we met with her at our venue and she was so well-prepared. She also replied quickly to my emails. A couple weeks before the wedding she really started picking up communication with all the vendors and the venue, and I felt like I was able to relax a little bit because I knew she had things under control.

On the day of the wedding, Lauren and her assistants worked seamlessly with the venue staff and vendors, getting decor set up, handling shuttle bus logistics at our hotel, and helping make sure we adjusted our schedule once we were running behind. I was so glad that my parents and bridal party could relax and enjoy themselves during the wedding because we knew that Something Blu was on top of any issues that might arise. I highly recommend having a day-of coordinator (even at a venue that provides event management) and definitely recommend choosing Something Blu.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 4/29/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines

When our daughter suggested hiring a "day-of coordinator" for her wedding, we thought it was a fabulous idea. Even though the venue had an event manager on-site, the idea of having someone else there who was solely focused on our needs was of utmost importance. After meeting Lauren the first time, we were all so thrilled with that decision. She was so professional, organized, detailed, communicative...we immediately had the confidence that she would be an asset and fulfill her role thoroughly. She and our daughter talked often during the month prior to the event, and along with her two assistants, Lauren helped make our daughter's wedding a perfect day! I would definitely recommend her. And if I had another wedding to plan, Something Blu would be the first call I would make!!

Profile Picture Laurie, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I don't have enough good things to say about Tara and her team everything went flawless the day of the wedding! I would absolutely recommend her to anyone. I did not have to worry about anything thanks again for making my daughters wedding a dream come true!!

Profile Picture User7484556, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I used Something Blu Day of Coordination Services for my November 2016 wedding and it was hands down the best decision I made during the wedding planning process. From the moment I met Tara, I knew I would be in good hands. Being a type A, I usually have a hard time giving over control to others, but Tara was so patient and thorough I never questioned whether or not she would be able to handle it. She was amazing at coordinating all of the vendors and saved me from the dreaded task of the day of timeline. That detail alone made those last few weeks so much less stressful. Once I handed off everything to Tara the week of the wedding, I was actually able to enjoy and be present in every minute of the day. I never once felt like I was having to make major decisions or put out fires the day of. My husband and I were able to enjoy every minute of our wedding and everything was coordinated perfectly. I cannot say enough about how amazing this team is. Just hire them, trust me, its completely worth it.

Profile Picture Erin, 11/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I couldn’t imagine planning one of the most magical days in my life without Tara’s assistance. She was my saving grace in keeping me organized, on track, and helping me remember key details that I would have overlooked. I most appreciated her for her logistics help, especially with my situation being a little tricky. Tara would meet with me on a routine basis. We would go over checklists to keep organized. Her experience, availability, timeliness, and follow up with me was outstanding – it truly allowed me to put all my confidence in her. Tara assisted in the prep leading up to the wedding, day-of assistance, and even the clean-up! It was incredible how her diligent work behind the scenes with the vendors took a load off my shoulders and allowed me to be able to focus on other things, and even enjoy the week leading up to the special day. Tara demonstrated the utmost professionalism throughout the entire process, and I honestly felt she was genuinely excited for me and living through the process with me. She truly made the entire experience very special for me. I’m incredibly grateful for Tara and could not recommend her enough! She was EXACTLY what I needed - and she made it so much fun for me!

Profile Picture Mary, 10/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Ceremony, Reception, Religious

After reading numerous reviews for "day of" coordinators, we chose the best!!! Lauren, from Something Blu was amazing! She is kind, responsive, organized, knowledgeable and offered invaluable guidance to us. As a mother of the bride, wanting to keep my daughter and her fiancé's stress levels to a minimum, I became overwhelmed with the "day of" details. With about 4 months to go, I reached out to an almost fully booked Something Blu for "day of" services. I promptly heard back from Lauren. My daughter and I met with her the following week and she immediately set our minds at ease. Lauren and her assistant, Valentina, were just FANTASTIC on the wedding day! They kept us on track and made sure things ran smoothly. We were all able to just enjoy the day, which was truly a gift! We can't thank Lauren enough and would highly recommend Something Blu without hesitation! THANK YOU!!!

Profile Picture Sue, 10/7/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Lauren was the best decision I made for our wedding!! Lauren and her staff are everything they say they are and then some! Lauren was in contact with me constantly and whenever I needed her throughout all my planning. She was available for every weird question that I had, and having a backyard wedding, I had a lot of questions! Lauren carried out everything she said she would! She was in contact with all of my vendors and had them all on the same timeline! She told them when they needed to be there, where to set up, and everything in between! She decorated my entire cocktail and reception area exactly as I wanted it to look! It looked better than I could have imagined it would! Without Lauren, I would have been trying to manage to group everybody where they needed to be while getting my hair done rather than sitting back and enjoying that time with my girls! I had nothing to worry about on my wedding day because Lauren was taking care of it all! Lauren and her staff are worth every penny and I highly recommend her to any bride planning a wedding, you won't regret your decision! Thank you so much Lauren, you truly made my wedding day fabulous and stress free for all involved!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

This review is so long overdue but I want to share how exceptional the team at Something Blu Weddings is! I hired Lauren for my 9/3/16 Wedding held at Cairnwood Estate in Bryn Athyn, PA. From the moment I called her and expressed my interest and hesitation of hiring a day of coordinator (I naively thought I could do it all myself) she professionally explained to me the benefits of her services while understanding our hesitations and budget concerns. I never felt pressured into making a decision but I knew that I couldn't handle it all myself the day of my wedding so my husband and I decided to move forward a few days after our phone call! Let me tell you, this was the best money we spent on our wedding and we still talk about it to this day!

Lauren was extremely professional, detailed, organized, and on top of everything you could think of (or didn't think of). She flawlessly handled our 16+ wedding party starting with our rehearsal at our church a few days before the wedding. She educated our bridal party on how they will walk down the aisle getting everyone comfortable with where they will be the day of. Lauren provided a detailed schedule for the day of the wedding and accounted for any time issues that could have come up. There are so many things I'm so thankful for on the day of our wedding that Lauren and her team took care of, she handled everything with such grace and professionalism. I can't even picture the day without her and I'm so thankful we found her and hired her for our wedding!!

Profile Picture Alexandria, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

EXCEEDED ALL EXPECTATIONS! Best vendor we booked by far! We loved working with Tara. She is a absolute best, so professional, kind and responsible. Tara was amazingly helpful throughout the process. She was on time, detailed and always smiling. If anyone is looking for a wedding coordinator Tara is your person!! Also, she has an amazing day of emergency cart which was stocked with everything and anything. Tara is best in the business.

Profile Picture Ally, 8/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We picked our venue because we didn’t have to stick to a "preferred" vendor list. The ability to use whoever we wanted was great until we realized we somehow had to coordinate all of this the day off. That’s when we found Something Blu. They offer multiple packages that can be customized to fit your needs. The moment we met with Lauren we knew the day would go off without a hitch. Being familiar with the venue, she was able to guide us through the planning process and make suggestions on things we didn’t even think about. Lauren also gave us recommendations on linens and décor that helped us stay within budget. The big day, in August 2016, went perfectly. We gave her a general idea of what we wanted the décor to look like and it’s like she read our minds. Lauren and her team took care of every detail (and every vendor!). I would recommend Something Blu to anyone who wants to work with a planner that will take your vision and turn it into a reality.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I had the pleasure of meeting Tara from SomethingBlu Weddings when she was the wedding coordinator for my brother’s wedding. When I started planning my own wedding, I just knew I had to hire her. Tara was always checking in with me to ask questions about our big day and gather all of the necessary information to coordinate with our vendors. She is extremely organized, and makes sure that you have thought of every little detail before the big day. Tara met with me at my venue to do a walkthrough so that she could see where we wanted all of our decorations to go. She also attended our rehearsal, and helped ensure that the ceremony would run smoothly. She creates a schedule/timeline and sends this out to all of the vendors so that everyone is on the same page. On the big day, she was calling and communicating with all of our vendors to make sure they were arriving on time. She even went back to my hotel room to grab my flat shoes because I forgot them! People always tell you on your wedding day to enjoy every second, and I was able to do this because of Tara. She really goes the extra mile for her couples, and she was such a pleasure to work with! She was kind, hardworking, and flexible. I can’t say enough good things about her, and I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Teresa, 8/5/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception

As the MOB, I hired Tara as my wedding day coordinator. From the minute, I met her, I felt confident about my decision. Tara Thistlethwaite is a very intelligent, hardworking, smart and dedicated professional.
We had an Indian ceremony (baraat & all) with a reception for approx 200 guests at the Radisson in PA. She did a great job in managing a multi racial crowd. Many of my guests gave the wedding a review of “The best wedding that they ever attended”. Tara played huge role for that review!
My words will not do justice of how much she helped me. Thank you Tara!

Profile Picture Kiran, 6/25/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Lauren was absolutely one of the best decisions I made for my wedding - maybe even the very best one! She was a true pleasure to work with from start to finish. Although I was hesitant to hire a coordinator at first, I was worried that without a day-of-coordinator my loved ones and I, and my mom in particular, would be too overwhelmed with the details of making the day happen to enjoy it. Lauren took all of that worry off of our shoulders. I am so grateful to her for giving my mom and me and my new husband a relaxed and happy day!

From the moment I met her Lauren went to work putting my mind at ease, helping with some decisions and reassuring me that the ones I had already made would work out. I had a lot of diy details to place that she handled beautifully, including all of my own floral centerpieces and decor. No matter what the task at hand, from making our day of timeline, to helping with my dress, to carrying heavy boxes of decor items, Lauren handled it beautifully and professionally. It is clear that she genuinely enjoys what she does, and that makes the day more fun for everyone. Because she and her assistant Rachel handled everything so well the day flew by in a joyful blur.

If a friend in there area were to ask for wedding planning advice my very first suggestion would be to contact Lauren and to trust her with their wedding day. I simply cannot say enough good things about having a coordinator and about Lauren in particular, so I'll just end with a huge thank you to Lauren and Something Blu!

Profile Picture Kate and Danny, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Non-Religious

Tara was hands down amazing! From day one she was extremely helpful. She checked in with me throughout the planning process to make sure I was on top of things, however I never once felt overwhlmed. She was only a phone call away and extremely quick with responding. Our wedding day was seamless and I was able to enjoy every second with my husband with guests. I would (HIGHLY) recommend Tara and her team for any event.

Profile Picture Mariss, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

You might think you don't need a wedding planner, but trust me you do, and you definitely want to hire Something Blu! I'm super type A and did most of the wedding planning myself, but as I got closer to the day I realized I didn't want to be thinking about all of the logistics and details at my actual wedding. I ended up hiring Something Blu for Day-Of Coordination and it was the best decision I made. Tara and her team were extremely professional and polite, but still made sure everything happened on time and was in the right place. I was truly able to relax and focus on enjoying our wedding because I had complete trust in Tara. She was always available to communicate and is incredibly organized so nothing slipped through the cracks. Hire Something Blu and you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Adrienne, 5/14/16, 1 Review