Something Beautiful Hair & Makeup Reviews

Something Beautiful Hair & Makeup 7
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 11/10/2018

Definitely recommend!

I had Amber do my hair and my bridal parties hair this past weekend for my wedding. She was wonderful! We all loved how our hair looked and she was so fun. I highly recommend her to anyone!

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

Loved our Wedding Hair and Makeup

It was an absolute pleasure working with Amber and her team of hairstylists and make-up artists. I hired Amber with Something Beautiful to complete 14 Hairstylists and 14 Make-ups for our wedding bridal party, MOB, MOG, and grandmas. We were all ready within 6 hours which is amazing and super fast. We all looked stunning and beautiful for the wedding. I highly recommend Something Beautiful for your Wedding Hair and make-up needs. I also had Something Beautiful do my hair and make-up for my engagement photos.

Colleen · Married on 07/23/2018

Loved the experience from start to finish! Look no further if you are having a wedding and need a glam squad. Amber and Ahseia are extremely talented and genuine people. I got to trial on the day that worked best for me and my mom, my bridal shower! They also worked with my makeup requests such as using some of my own products. As a vegan who prefers cruelty free makeup, Ahseia had no problem with making these accommodations. I love makeup so it can be tough to trust someone else to do your eyebrows right or lip shape. With Ahseia, I felt like my best self! She was able to make everyone's eye requests a dream come true on the big day, even a cut crease for my bridesmaid. Amber made everyone's hair magazine worthy! I was impressed with all four of us having so many different hair types and looks, but Amber pulled it off with amazing flair. I was impressed with how stunning we all looked.The big day was perfection! Prompt, friendly, and supportive. All the things you need when your nervous and planning. The gorgeous results speak for themselves. I am so picky when it comes to makeup and how I look, my mom and sister are no different. Amber and Ahseia will take all your concerns and melt them away into your most beautiful self.

Alexa · Married on 06/02/2018

I looked SO hard for a company like this, that made sure their brides looked like a more beautiful version of themselves without looking like clowns. I've always felt like makeup people put way too much on me, to where I feel fake and not myself. These guys are TOTAL PROS. We initially were going to pay for each bridesmaid to get hair OR makeup, but were so impressed at my hair/makeup trial that we just paid for hair/makeup for all bridesmaids. My stylist Sarah did makeup for Pretty Little Liars and Teen Wolf in Hollywood... like, what? We had three stylists come to the hotel and all of them were totally fun and talented. One of my bridesmaids said they wished they looked that good at their own wedding. My sister couldn't stop looking at herself in a mirror. Not to mention, I completely changed my mind about my hair like 2 days before my wedding, and they just said, "absolutely, no problem" and it came out perfectly. My mom got her hair done at another place (just a blow out), and came into the room with us and immediately regretted not getting one with these ladies. They said, "we can fix that!" and just pulled her into the chair and made her hair look the best I've ever seen. One of the groomsmen had a bad zit and they offered to go cover it up. My makeup lasted ALL DAY through June sweat and tears, even the lip stain, and it was all-natural and perfect for my sensitive skin. Another bonus is, they have so many stylists on staff that if an emergency were to happen, they would have sent someone just as great. I promise you're not getting a bunch of "assistants"... they are all wonderfully qualified. Plus, they have an actual store location if you prefer that for your trial or wedding day. These are the stylists you're looking for!

Something Beautiful Hair & Makeup 8
    Something Beautiful Hair & Makeup 9
    Something Beautiful Hair & Makeup 10
    Something Beautiful Hair & Makeup 11

Danielle · Married on 03/04/2018

I was lucky to find a hair and makeup team that went above and beyond to make me feel beautiful on my wedding day!! Amber successfully cut my bangs on THE DAY OF MY WEDDING.. yes, I know that kind of a thing is not recommended, but she took on the challenge and made me feel beautiful! Being an out of town bride, I was very nervous about having my trial 2 days before my wedding and working with stylists that I did not know... but Amber and Astia were wonderful to work with!! They were calm, kind, and talented! They made all of us feel and look our very best!

Something Beautiful Hair & Makeup 12
    Something Beautiful Hair & Makeup 13

Keegan · Married on 11/04/2017

Sarah from Something Beautiful did my hair & makeup for my wedding and I was SO happy with her. She was so personable and fun to talk to. She made sure that my hair was exactly how I envisioned it and she is an expert with makeup. She made me look freakin AMAZING for my big day and I am so happy with the job that she did. This company was incredibly accommodating with my requests. I added services like 2 times and even added my 2 bridesmaids hair 6 weeks before my wedding day and they did not give me any trouble. They also have the cutest studio for your hair and make up trial.

Something Beautiful Hair & Makeup 14
    Something Beautiful Hair & Makeup 15
    Something Beautiful Hair & Makeup 16

Jessica · Married on 10/28/2017

I was in a wedding in May where Something Beautiful did our hair and makeup. They did such a great job that when my wedding happened in October I knew I had to use them again! They did my hair and makeup as well as hair and makeup for 4 bridesmaids, my mom, mother in law and one of our flower girls. Everyone looked fantastic and loved how their hair and makeup turned out. I did have one bridesmaid with shorter hair who initially wasn’t sure they could do much with it so wasn’t going to get it done. After some convincing she told them to just see what they could do with it and her hair turned out amazing! They were on time for the wedding and had us all done on time so I would HIGHLY recommend them!

Lisa · Married on 10/07/2017

What a lovely, relaxing experience we had with Sarah/Something Beautiful for my Flagstaff wedding! I did a trial about a month prior to my wedding (HIGHLY recommended), and though it was well done, I decided that was not what I wanted for my wedding day. I texted Sarah with my new vision and trusted her talent for my big day. And she NAILED IT. She not only made me, the bride, look and feel gorgeous, she outdid herself on my mom and sister. Not to mention Amber and her team were GREAT throughout the planning and scheduling process. Every bride wants a responsive, communicative vendor and Something Beautiful was on the ball. A million times over I'd recommend Amber's team of professionals for your wedding. Sarah traveled to Flagstaff, was early for her 8:30am call time, and made the whole morning and early afternoon relaxing and stress free. I can only hope all brides experience something as wonderful as we did!

Stacey · Married on 05/19/2017

Morning Amber,
    I dont know how to reach Haleigh directly but would you please thank her again for a wonderful experience yesterday, and for fitting us in before she had to go to work (and of course with 2 days notice). She was phenomenal, did amazing work and made the process so fun and relaxing. My hair was fab, and my daughter Jennah the bride, was glowing. Her hair and makeup lasted all night and she was stunning. I hope Haleigh can post some pics that she took and we will share some with you once we see them from the photographer.
    Again, awesome service in a stressful time and Haleigh made it an excellent experience.

Stacey DeVoll

• User7752297 · 1+ year ago

Thr girls did an amazing job on our hair and makeup! They made all of us look beautiful and they were personable and fun to be around on a stressful day.

Sent on 05/01/2017

Something Beautiful Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you! I am happy we were able to be apart of your wedding day.

Katie · Married on 04/22/2017

Could not have been anymore perfect fit for my wedding! She made sure my look was perfect and exactly what I wanted. I would highly recommend!

Amanda · Married on 04/21/2017

I felt so beautiful on my wedding day! Would highly recommend Something Beautiful. Such a good experience and my hair and makeup look great in our wedding photos!

Ashleigh · Married on 03/31/2017

If you're someone who feels anxious getting your hair/makeup done and you just need a little reassurance, I highly recommend this provider. The results turned out beautifully, and Amber and her team made me feel so welcome and comfortable. I highly recommend this provider.

Alice · Married on 01/28/2017

Amber was amazing and made me look absolutely beautiful on my big day! All of my bridesmaids were equally as gorgeous as well as my mom. I appreciated all of the time she took! Her assistant was just as good as her and it was fun that she knew my hairstylist. Amber made sure that I looked the way I wanted. I don't wear makeup on a day to day basis just special occasions. I really appreciated that Amber did not put too much makeup on me or make me look completely different than usual.

Lindsey · Married on 01/15/2017

Amber & team were amazing! I was a little last minute on booking hair and makeup for me and 5 bridesmaids and Amber made sure that it all happened perfectly! She fit me in for a trial before I headed back home (I live in NYC), made sure that I loved my look, and worked with me to make sure everyone had perfect curls going out the door! Great team and great to work with! The girls showed up early and ready to go the day of- nothing to worry about!

Morgan · Married on 10/15/2016

Amber and her team are absolutely phenomenal. I am so glad we found her for my wedding day. Not only did she make all of us look amazing, but she is also the sweetest stylist I have ever met! I could not have asked for a more perfect hair and makeup team for my special day :)

Sent on 10/17/2016

Something Beautiful Hair & Makeup's reply:

Morgan you are the best! Thank you for choosing me to be apart of your wedding day! I can't wait to see pictures :) <3 Amber

Sara · Married on 10/15/2016

Amber and her team did my hair and makeup for my sister's wedding and I couldn't imagine everything turning out more perfect than it did! Everyone looked stunning and they were all so receptive to the different looks everyone was going for. I'm a broke college kid but it was well worth the money for the quality of the hair and makeup. Asya was adorable and got so excited with the makeup and with how everything was looking and made me feel so excited and beautiful!! Honestly so so so impressed by the professionalism and how kind they all were! Will definitely recommend this team to anybody who needs anything done for a special day!

Victoria · Married on 05/21/2016

Amber is amazing! She did the hair and makeup for my daughter's wedding party and they loved it! We received so many compliments from guests about how great everyone looked and the hairstyles and makeup lasted all night without and problems!
    She is professional, kind and reasonably priced!
    Amber even stayed in the hotel room for us to wait for our videographer to come pick up some equipment he left in our room because we had to leave.
    She will recommend styles of hair and makeup if you don't know what you want but ultimately does whatever you decide! I highly recommend Amber without hesitation.

Aimee · Married on 07/04/2015

Something Beautiful was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. Not to mention all of the months leading up to it! Amber and her team were so professional and knowledgeable in helping me achieve the look I had always dreamed about having on my wedding. Amber is a true artist when it comes to hair and makeup. I visited her salon frequently during the planning months, because I could tell her talent in stylizing Brides was a sure thing. And she certainly was. Looking back on that day, and at all of my wedding pictures, Amber helped me feel so calm and confident. She perfected my hair and makeup better than I dreamed of. My Bridesmaids and all the Mothers that Amber and her team styled also looked absolutely beautiful. It was a picture perfect wedding day with Amber and her team there. My whole wedding party is so grateful that we chose Something Beautiful.

Amanda · Married on 01/31/2015

Amber is fantastic! She was on time, efficient and does excellent work. She was so nice and we weren't rushing to get ready because she managed time so well. She did a great job with my friends' up-do's as well as managing my long hair. I loved the make-up and she was able to do exactly what I had asked for! Because she was so great, a few of my friends have even used her for their weddings and I've had the same awesome experience every time (3 different weddings). I would HIGHLY recommend her!

Victoria · Married on 07/19/2014

Amber was very easy to work with! I wasn't loving my initial hairstyle after we did the trail run. I got a little nervous about it on the wedding day and she could tell. She found something that I loved and didn't push the original idea! She also was really flexible about our location. We had a Flagstaff wedding and she got a great crew together who showed up nice and early to have us all ready for pictures by noon!

Megan · Married on 06/04/2010

Easy to work with and just a fun person to be around!

Tiffany · Married on 06/29/2018

I got married 6/30/18 and it was such a pleasure working with Something Beautiful throughout my wedding planning process. I wasn't particular about too much during my wedding process, but I certainly knew what I wanted for my hair and makeup. Something Beautiful exceeded my expectations. I appreciated their system they use to communicate with their clients- an online portal- so that you can access all your information, conversation history, and can make any necessary changes needed. I paid an additional fee to have a trial at their studio and it went very smoothly. I worked with Monica and just LOVED her. She was accommodating, full of good ideas, and just such a sweet person to meet. I paid in advance for my wedding day services for myself and 6 other people easily and quickly using their client portal. On the day of me wedding, Monica and Amber showed up early to my parents' house and ready to get to work. They were very professional and down to Earth. I wore my hair half up half down, but my 6 bridesmaids wore updo's. Every single updo was a little different to flatter each girl specifically and they were all SO pleased with their hair. My day wouldn't have been the same without Monica and Amber. Any bride on the search for hair services needs to stop looking and reach out to Something Beautiful. You will not be disappointed!

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 11/19/2016

Amber was absolutely fantastic. She worked with me to help me select extensions, something I knew absolutely nothing about. She also worked with our super insane tight schedule (along with tough hair styles) for 7 people having hair and make up done. She also returned to our venue to do our touch ups. Everyone looked amazing and I received numerous compliments about my hair and make up. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Something Beautiful Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you Sarah!! It was a lot of fun working your 1920's ;) wedding!!

Shay · Married on 06/02/2017

Amber was great! The system to pay was easy to use, so making a payment was no problem. Her make-up & hair stylists (Monique and Shelby) were on time, personable, and flexible. We were ahead of schedule so they did a few other girls eye makeup.