Simply Santa Barbara Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
    Andrew Married on 08/15/2015
    Hiring Shelley of Simply Santa Barbara Events was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding.

She made everything so much easier, especially as it came to vendor selection, negotiations, and planning. A wonderful person to work with, meeting with her was always pleasurable and always resulted in major decisions being handled.

We were communicating and working with her in the months leading up to our wedding; during the actual month and week of the wedding, she was an invaluable resource that took a lot of the stress out of our day. You don't really know how much needs to be taken care of until the big day starts to get closer, but when the day actually arrived we didn't have to worry about a thing. We were able to enjoy everything, taking in all of the sights, sounds, and wonderful people, with complete trust in Shelley handling everything else.

She's been recommended to a couple other friends who are considering getting married in the Santa Barbara area. We can't speak highly enough of her.
    Janna Married on 06/06/2015
    We absolutely loved working with Shelley. She made us feel comfortable right from the start (working with a coordinator can be a bit awkward if you don't have the right dynamic). She was professional, responsive, warm, and offered so much helpful guidance along the way - while not being pushy and still allowing us the freedom to make the wedding truly ours. And although she was the "day-of" coordinator, she allowed us to set up several calls with her in advance and was always there when we needed her advice before the actual day. On the day of the wedding, she handled our families beautifully and allowed the bride (me) to just enjoy the day and stop planning. Thank you Shelley!
    Brian Married on 04/10/2015
    Shelley was fantastic. Everything went incredibly smoothly and the wedding was everything that we hoped it would be. She was very helpful in both the pre-planning(finding vendors, rentals, etc.) as well as the day of planning. We were thrilled with the service that we received and thought that it was a great value for what we paid.
    Alex Married on 11/01/2014
    Shelley was absolutely amazing! I cannot recommend her enough - I was planning my wedding in Santa Barbara from NYC and Shelley made the process as smooth and seamless as possible.

Not only is Shelley incredibly professional but very down to earth and makes you feel at ease and relaxed during such a chaotic time which I greatly appreciated.

I highly reccomend Shelley for anyone looking for an exceptional wedding coordinator.
    Teresa Married on 08/10/2014
    Hiring Shelley for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made in the planning process. Living in Arizona & planning a wedding in Santa Barbara, Shelley was an integral part of our big day. We had a few phone calls with Shelley prior to the wedding day, and she worked with all our vendors making sure everyone had a time line and was the main point of contact for each of them. Upon meeting Shelley in person on our wedding day, she was prepared, focused, and we couldn't be happier with her services. It was so helpful knowing she was the main contact for anything and everything that day. She kept us all on schedule and our big day went perfectly. Even with a small 27 guest wedding, we are so glad we hired Shelley! I couldn't have done (nor wanted to) what she did for us. On top of everything business related Shelley did for us, and her professionalism, she is SO friendly and we LOVED having her at our wedding. She got to know my sisters and really was just an awesome person to have there for eight hours; she just exudes happiness. You can tell she loves what she does. I would strongly encourage anyone planning a wedding or other event in the Santa Barbara area to hire Shelley!!
    Amber Married on 06/07/2014
    Where do I begin? Shelley was so completely awesome throughout my entire wedding planning process. My wedding was perfect and I have her to thank for it. It isn't easy planning your first wedding - there are so many details that you (if you're anything like me) don't even know to think of! That is why you need Shelley - she knows all the questions to ask so that your wedding day goes off without a hitch.

Shelley came highly recommended to me by another bride who basically had the same wedding I was planning a year before me. Since I was planning a Santa Barbara wedding from my home in San Diego, I decided to hire Shelley for month-of coordination. She worked with me extensively (but never oppressively) by phone in the months leading up to the wedding. She crafted a killer timeline and let me know everything I needed to be doing. She gave awesome suggestions for vendors I still needed to hire - including the bartender I hired just a couple weeks before the wedding.

The day before the wedding, Shelley met with me at the reception site to do a walk-through. The day of, she talked to me briefly by phone and then ordered me to allow my MOH to take over communication (I needed that). She helped me sneak into the ceremony site so that we could do first look pics before the ceremony, and had the ceremony go off without a hitch. At the reception she kept everything running smoothly while somehow staying in the background, just popping up to alert me of changing events (pinata, toasts, etc.). I am so glad I hired Shelley. I can't imagine my wedding without her.
    Hannah Married on 05/17/2014
    Shelley was great, very detail oriented, organized and readily available. She also did a good job of taking the stress out of decisions and stepping in when needed with my vendors. I would definitely recommend Shelley for any event!
    Bonnie Event on: 12/13/2013
    Simply Santa Barbara Events was a delight to work with for our company Christmas Party. From the first point of contact through the end of the event, everything was handled seamlessly. The personal attention to detail made the evening very enjoyable. I would highly recommend working with Simply Santa Barbara Events if you get the opportunity!
    Tony Married on 10/19/2013
    Shelley of Simply Santa Barbara Events was great to work with and truly helped make our memorable day go off without a hitch. Shelley was very well organized and open to our ideas to make our event go as smooth as possible with all of our DIY moving parts. She worked well with all of our vendors and managed the day’s events with ease and grace. We were able to leave our event location on time and with little or no overtime charges. I would recommend Shelley whole heartedly to any couple that is looking for a quality person to help them manage their wedding or other event.
    Katie Married on 10/13/2013
    Shelley with Simply Santa Barbara Events is easy to work with, organized, friendly, and professional. From the second she answered the phone Shelley made me feel comfortable and relaxed and I knew she was different from the other planners I had already spoken to. She did a great job of taking all the different ideas we had and turning them into one cohesive plan. She understood our vision and came up with ideas that fit our personality and our budget. All of the vendors she recommended did an amazing job, we could not have asked for a better wedding and we are so grateful to Shelley for putting it all together!
    Kirsten Married on 10/06/2013
    Shelley was a huge help in panning my wedding, I could not have done it without her! She knows just what to say and do to calm an overwhelmed bride. Her industry connections go beyond what one would expect and her expertise and insight on Santa Barbara weddings is very impressive.
  • User1348524 2+ years ago
    My Husband and I hired Shelley as our “Day Of” Wedding Coordinator. The second I met Shelley I knew she was the right choice for us. She is warm, knowledgeable, smart, really funny and straight to the point. We felt comfortable with her instantly. Shelley had the answers to all of my questions and recommended a lot of things I hadn’t even thought of. She reached out to all of our Vendors the week before the wedding, ran our ceremony rehearsal and coordinated EVERYTHING seamlessly the day of the wedding so we could enjoy the day and not worry about a single detail. Everything turned out more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. Shelley is a treasure and I absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for an INCREDIBLE wedding coordinator. Thank you Shelley – Max and I couldn’t imagine our wedding without you!
  • F
    F Married on 09/14/2013
    Shelley helped us a lot during our wedding. She was very thorough and she was generally prompt in responding to any concerns we had. We would highly recommend Shelley (simply Santa Barbara) for your event needs.
    Jett Married on 07/20/2013
    Shelley took our crazy ideas and turned them into a sane reality. Without Shelley, the few minor hiccups we had would have turned into disasters. Her calm demeanor, creative personality, and experience made our wedding better than we could have imagined!
    Kristen Married on 07/13/2013
    We honestly could not have planned our wedding without Shelley! She was absolutely one of our best resources and really did an amazing job. From suggesting venue options and assisting with our budget to negotiating deals with many local vendors (some, even last minute!), she really went above and beyond the scope of what we paid her for.

Shelley is calm, efficient, friendly, patient, responsive, and very knowledgeable with all things wedding-related. Shelley provided us with SO much more than just month-of planning and coordinating. She is a tremendous asset and we HIGHLY recommend her to anyone and everyone planning a wedding, or other event.
    Sara Married on 11/10/2012
    I am sooooo happy we had Shelley and her amazing staff as our planners. They were wonderful!! I didn't have to worry about a thing because I knew Shelley and her team had everything under control. They were very professional, helpful and a joy to be around. On your special day, you want someone who you feel comfortable with and Shelley really does that. Loved them!!
  • User957142 2+ years ago
    I am a wedding planner in Texas so when it was time to start planning my own wedding in Santa Barbara the first we did was find a "day of" planner! My company handled the design and details and Simply Santa Barbara executed it for us!
    Shelley and her team were very professional but still made me feel like I was working with a friend. It was nice to feel like a bride on my wedding day and not have to worry about all the details. (And believe me we had A LOT of details at our wedding!!!)
    Jessica Married on 06/23/2012
    Shelley was absolutely amazing with everything she did. I was so thankful to have a second opinion considering there was so many things she would mention that I had not even thought about. My fiance, at the time, was unsure as to whether we should hire anyone as most of what we had done for our wedding we had already accomplished ourselves. However, during the day of the wedding my husband could not complement her enough and thank her for everything she had done. Though we had the vision Shelley and her team were the ones to put it all together for us and it turned out to be more than what I could have imaged! I would HIGHLY recommend this vendor, there is not enough good things I can say about them.
    Dana Married on 05/12/2012
    Simply Santa Barbara Events was fantastic! I was a DIY bride in need of a reliable and experienced day-of coordinator. We hired Shelley on a referral, and we were very pleased with the wonderful service she provided. In addition to being our go-to contact on the day-of, she offered invaluable advice on planning details while overseeing the final walk-through and rehearsal. We also weren't sure on an after-party, so Shelley put us in contact with a couple of great options. When our actual wedding day arrived, it was such a gift to be able to enjoy the once-in-a-lifetime celebration knowing that she would execute our vision stress-free. She and her assistant worked well with all of the vendors involved and ensured that each element went off without a hitch. We would definitely recommend Simply Santa Barbara Events.
    Thank you Shelley for all of your help in making our wedding so special and memorable!
    Carin Married on 10/08/2011
    Shelley and her team are extraordinary event professionals. Their expertise and thorough attention to detail ensured my wedding day was beautiful, perfect, and a complete success. I truly could not have pulled it off without Simply Santa Barbara Events!

-Carin (Santa Barbara, CA)
    Janeen Married on 05/22/2011
    Shelley did a fabulous job!! From making recommendations of shifts of itinerary and additional things to consider that I had not foreseen during my pre-planning to being my invisible advocate that saw my additional oversights on the day of the wedding and filling in the gaps without me knowing!! I am so thankful that I did not have to think about a single thing on the day of my wedding except fully celebrating the time with my husband, family and friends!! She was worth every penny, and then some!!
    Amanda Married on 05/21/2011
    Shelley is extremely organized, hard working and passionate about event planning. She is a great communicator and will see your project through from start to finish. I would hire her again in a heartbeat and have referrered her services out several times since our event.
    Elizabeth Married on 01/19/2014
    I am so glad I hired Shelly. I did not have to think of a thing and everything went as planned! I would highly recommend her.
    if I had a bigger budget I would have just had her plan the whole thing and I could have just shown up! She really knows how to plan a party. Thank you!
    Victoria Married on 05/04/2013
    I'm so happy I decided to work with Shelley in putting together my wedding. What i found most valuable was tapping into her network of quality vendors. There are so many decisions to make in planning a wedding, being able to narrow the options down immediately to quality choices was really great. I even received discounts because I was working with Shelley and I was so happy with every single one of them (DJ, hair & make-up, cake bakery).

The day of services were awesome! I didn't have to think about logistics at all. To be honest I can't even outline this in detail because I was essentially spared all the detail knowledge. Things just came together and I know Shelley had a lot to do with that. Even when it was time to stop dancing and head off to the honeymoon suite everything of importance had been packed away.

I highly recommend Shelley!
  • User890963 2+ years ago
    Shelley was such an amazing person to work with. She made my day go very smooth and I didn't have to worry about one thing come the day of my wedding. She is very sweet and always has the bride at the top of her list!