Simple Kona Beach Weddings Reviews

124 Reviews for Simple Kona Beach Weddings

• Sarah

Sarah Leddy · Married on 05/07/2020

Absolutely perfect ceremony in Kona, HI

Hiring Becky was the best decision we made, after deciding to get married! :) Her website is a wealth of information, she is attentive, professional, fun, knowledgeable and an absolute pleasure to work with! We knew we wanted a beach wedding in Hawaii, but that was about all we knew. Becky secured us a private beach (which we would have never discovered on our own), and it was the most amazing view I have ever witnessed. She was there with me throughout the planning, every step of the way. She listened to what we wanted, and made the ceremony represent us as a family. Our kids had a blast, and we are still in awe of that evening on the beach back in July. Thank you to Becky for a once in a lifetime experience we will never forget!! xoxo

Sent on 01/03/2020

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Sarah, we had SO much fun helping you make your day special, and I am so happy to hear the thought of it continues to bring you all so much joy! My heart is full knowing that we helped you have the day you’d dreamed of! Sending big love and alohas to you all!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Dischert · Married on 01/27/2020

Becky is Wonderful

When I decided to start planning for our wedding, the first week in I was super stressed. Becky was then recommended to us by a family member. Becky and her husband aren’t kidding when they label their packages/ceremonies a “no brainer” and “simple kona beach wedding.” Once i talked fo her, it was down hill from there and the easiest thing I’ve ever had to do. I’m also from New Jersey and everyone who attended said what a wonderful job I did putting everything together from all the way there, but it was all Becky who made it the easiest.

Sent on 01/29/2020

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Becca, you were such a joy and a pleasure to work with, and I am so happy that I was able to help you ease your stress, and make the whole thing simple and easy! Wishing you and Michel all the best in the world! Big love and hugs to you both!
  • Graham

Graham Foris · Married on 10/30/2019

Exceptional

From first planning email to our wedding day we could not have asked for better from Becky. Becky gets our highest recommendation, she was clearly exceptional from start to finish in planning and officiating our ceremony.

Sent on 11/02/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Thanks so much, Graham! It was an honor to make your day special! A world of happiness to you and Trish!
  • Jody

Jody Kaloski · Married on 10/29/2019

Truly Amazing

OMG. Becky was fantastic. When I hired Becky for my wedding on the Big Island I had certain expectations. I was nervous because I live in Florida and had never been to Hawaii. Planing every detail from so far seemed a little overwhelming. Becky was so informative and made everything seem easy. She helped with recommendations on the florist, hair and makeup, photography, venues, restaurants, and even took care of the special permit needed for the beach location we choose.

However, it was the ceremony itself that really blew me away. She did such a great job. She made it so personal and special for us. Hiring her to officiate our wedding was by far our best decision.

Sent on 11/04/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Jody, I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to know that we gave you the stress-free and meaningful experience you were hoping for!! We had so much fun making your day special!! Sending big love and aloha to you and your hubby!💗

Lauren Irizarry · Married on 10/24/2019

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing

Yes amazing that is the word that I choose to use I'm telling you Becky was so fabulous with us from the beginning to even afterwards. She found the most magical beautiful spot for my husband and I to do our vow renewal. It was so breathtaking and intimate and extremely special. She asked all the right questions and made our vision better than what we even anticipated. This literally took my breath away. Every detail tells you can tell that she really cared and truly understands What we desired. I can't say enough wonderful things about her and her planning. The execution was flawless and I can't stop talking and thinking about our special vow renewal.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Lauren, we had so much fun helping you and your hubby make your vow renewal the beach wedding you always wanted! We are so glad that we were able to help make your dream come true, and we wish you and Humberto all the love and happiness in the world!
  • Anne

Anne Grondahl · Married on 10/22/2019

The best experience!

Becky did an exceptional job! She responded quickly and was kind the whole way. Even when we were 20 minutes late! Highly reccomend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Anne, you and Ken (and your family) were just lovely, and I am so happy that I could help you make your day great! Sending love and hugs!
  • Brenda

Brenda Sjothun · Married on 10/14/2019

Perfection!

Becky and her husband Matt did a stellar job planning and coordinating our wedding. They are so relaxed, and easygoing; an absolute pleasure to work with. They worked out all the details, and thought of everything. We are so pleased with how our wedding turned out. It could not have been more perfect!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

We are so happy to have been able to help you and Chris make your day easy and fun! You two were an absolute pleasure to get to know and it was a joy helping you two tie the knot! Matt and I send big hugs your way!
  • Jane

Jane Lybecker · Married on 10/04/2019

Best wedding EVER!

If it were possible, I would give Becky and Matt a THOUSAND STARS! Yes, they're that amazing. If you're looking for a low-stress, unforgettable wedding, this is it. Becky answered questions that we didn't even know we had, kept us up-to-date during planning, and has awesome client resources on her site for everything. Meeting her and Matt was a treat - they made us feel special, like our wedding *mattered* to them. In a day and age when it seems like fewer and fewer people deep-down *care* about others, they stand head-and-shoulders above the crowd. Simple. Kona. Beach. Weddings. We got what was advertised, topped off with an ocean of Aloha Spirit. Matt's photography skills are now legend. He used now-hubby's iPhone 10 and one of my colleagues commented that we could use the shots as professional stock photos. I can't express how fortunate I feel to have literally stumbled across Becky in a Google search. I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 04/19/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Jane, I can't express how happy it makes us to read your amazingly kind and detailed feedback, and to know that we succeeded in making your simple wedding memorable and special! Thanks to you and Frank for being so fun and wonderful, and for making our 400th wedding such a treat! Sending love and hugs and endless happiness to you both!
  • Jeff

Jeff Werner · Married on 08/22/2019

Destination Wedding That Exceeded Expectations

We contacted Becky with Simple Kona Beach weddings 45 days before our arrival on the Big Island. Becky was very friendly and professional and put us at ease during the entire planning process. She covered all of the options and details we would need to decide on prior to our arrival on island. (Marriage license, ceremony location, choice of leis, wedding vows, photo package, etc). Becky was very thorough in covering all pre-ceremony details. Once we arrived we asked to meet with Becky to briefly make our introductions and lay eyes on the beach where the ceremony would take place. Again, Becky was very gracious when we met with her and was flexible in making minor adjustments to our requests.
    On the day of the ceremony Becky sent us a personalized text letting us know she was available if we had any last minute needs. This was a great touch as we each had a few minor "wedding day jitters".
    At the ceremony we met Becky and her husband Matt at the beach location. It was nice getting to know them pre-ceremony and it put both of us at ease. The ceremony was very professional, romantic and tasteful. Interspersed with what we were expecting in a traditional wedding ceremony were some Hawaiian cultural traditions which really helped to memorialize our very special occasion.
    Matt did an outstanding job with our photos, Becky later sent us several photos that she herself had taken post ceremony and overall they exceeded our expectations on so many levels and we truly appreciate their attention to detail.

Nancy and Jeff "Frank"

Sent on 09/07/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Nancy and Frank, thank you so much for this recap of your experience! You two were such a joy to work with every step of the way, and I am so happy we could make your day special!! Sending warm alohas and love your way!
  • Lin

Lin and Dawn · Married on 08/14/2019

Becky had me from Aloha!

We would highly recommend Becky to perform a wedding if you plan on marrying on the big island. We were sailing on Norwegian’s Pride ship which made a stop in Kona. We were attracted to the beauty of this area and thought it would be a perfect place to say, I do! After a google search we started working with Becky. She had us at Aloha! She never went very long without getting back with me. She made the process simple with recommendations to restaurants, flowers, photographers and even ukulele players! Our day was easy, amazing, and organized. Can’t say enough about how wonderful everything went! ❤️

Sent on 08/17/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Lin and Dawn, I can't tell you how special it was to help you make your dream wedding happen! The joy you brought with you off the ship was infectious, and it was such a pleasure to help you two make things official!! Sending hugs and love to you both!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Ann · Married on 08/09/2019

Amazing Wedding!

Our wedding in Hawaii was perfect! We are grateful to Becky for helping us get organized before the wedding, and most importantly amazed by the beautiful ceremony she performed with us on a boat off the Kona shore. Becky is very organized and wonderful to be with. She brought beautiful flowers for the leis, bouquet, and heart to stand in, in addition to other fun surprises and traditions for the ceremony. Becky included our children and captivated our friends and family. Becky also spent the day on a boat with us, which was epic, and even jumped in the water to swim with a whale shark (what a surprise!). Becky felt like part of our friend/family group during our time together. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Michael J Jackson · Married on 08/04/2019

Our Wedding Day, couldn’t have been more perfect! Becky is absolutely FANTASTIC to work with!

Everyone knows how stressful it is, trying to organize a wedding. Try putting it together in three (3) weeks time! My partner and I have been Big Island Residents for 17 years. Our anniversary was on August 4, and we briefly thought about doing the ceremony here at home.....until we saw this fabulous website, called “SIMPLE KONA BEACH WEDDINGS”! We doubted that our anniversary date would be available, but we got an immediate response from Becky, telling us that the 4th was indeed, available. Becky, and her husband, Matt, went above and beyond, to give us our “SPECIAL” day. Leave it up to us, to try planning a wedding ceremony in between two hurricanes bearing down on the islands!! Fortunately, the first one went passed on Saturday. Sunday couldn’t have been more beautiful! Sunshine and a slight trade winds, made the evening ceremony beyond expectations! Becky was absolutely LOVELY to work with, and Matt took lots of photos with our phones. Just as the ceremony was about to be finalized, it started to rain. It couldn’t have turned out any better! We all were laughing and completely soaked by the time we made it back to our vehicles! We got plenty of photos with the sunshine, and with it clouding over, and then, in the rain! Even had to sign the wedding certificate in the back of the vehicle, it was raining so hard! I highly recommend “SIMPLE KONA BEACH WEDDINGS”, to make your Hawaiian wedding dream, a reality !!! THANK YOU, Becky and Matt!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

You are so welcome!! It is a day to remember (and very fondly, I might add!), and I am so glad that we got to be a part of making your wedding (a long time coming) something special! Thinking of you and Kurt both and smiling ear to ear!

Tricia Stone · Married on 07/29/2019

Simply Perfect Wedding

I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day... Simple, stress-free, and FUN! Becky was very responsive from beginning to end. She answered every one of my questions and made sure all the intricacies during the ceremony were taken care of so we did not have to worry about set-up. If you want to enjoy a beach-style destination wedding, Becky Ringler is THE person you need to contact. Choosing Simple Kona Beach Weddings was the best decision I made this year, second to the choice of marrying the love of my life. ❤️

Sent on 08/08/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Tricia! You are so sweet, and reading this makes my heart sing! I am so glad that we were able to make your day all that you dreamed of and more! Sending you all the love and joy in the world!

Colleen Capper · Married on 07/10/2019

A Ceremony Beyond Our Wildest Dreams

We are so grateful that we found Simple Kona Beach weddings to plan and conduct our wedding. We truly wanted a simple, but meaningful event, and what Becky put together for us was really so perfect, meaningful, and wonderful--beyond what we had imagined our day to be. Becky was very friendly and professional and from our first contact with her via e-mail, she put us at ease. Becky's clear communications paved the way for a perfect day. She really listened to us and what we were looking for to tailor our ceremony just for us. Our ceremony took place on a beautiful beach on lava rock. The setting was spectacular. Becky's husband Matt helped with photos and added in a lot of fun and humor to our day. Everything Becky said and brought to the ceremony based on respect for the Hawaiian culture and tradition, provided such a meaningful ceremony beyond anything we had expected.

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Sonya

Sonya Zaumeyer · Married on 06/19/2019

Simple Kona beach Weddings

My fiance (now husband) wanted to run away and elope in Hawaii after the stress from planning a wedding. We did some research and found Becky at Simple Kona Beach Weddings and could not be happier that we did. Becky asked a few simple questions and then took care of everything. She completely took the stress out of planning a wedding and made our day incredible. Becky and her husband Matt were so fun to work with and we could not recommend them enough.

Sent on 06/26/2019

sanja roje · Married on 06/18/2019

Perfect beach wedding

Becky is a fantastic wedding officiator and planner!

We were very pleased we chose to have her officiate our wedding on the Big Island.
    First of all she really knows the best beaches and other locations to hold a perfect ceremony. We arrived and met at our chosen location and Becky walked around with us showing us advantages and disadvantages of beach spots. She thinks of things we wouldn't have. Angle of the sun in accordance with photography angles, noise from beach goers, view points for guests to easily watch us and comfortable place for us to stand.
    She was flexible to work with and has a great personality with just the right amount of patience, fun, assertiveness and professionalism.
    She was also an excellent communicator. We felt like we were in good hands long before getting to the island.

We chose a traditional sort of Hawaiian island ceremony which she did a super job describing what and why as we went through it. It made it that much more special.

For just a small fee extra we were able to hire her husband to use our phone and take many more pictures and video the ceremony. He too has a funny and outgoing personality and was a great addition to the ceremony.

In closing we definitely recommend Becky. You will be glad you chose her too!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Sanja! That means a lot, and I so appreciate your detailed review of your experience, and I am so glad that you chose me, too! Sending love and hugs to you and Travis!

Courtney Ball · Married on 06/05/2019

Amazing experience! Made my wedding day absolutely perfect.

Becky and her team are amazing. Simple Kona Beach Weddings is the choice for a perfect beach wedding. Professionalisms with genuineness and attention to detail.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Courtney, you are a light and a joy, and I am SO happy we could make your day be all that you dreamed it to be!! Big love and hugs!

Teshia Slotterbeck · Married on 06/02/2019

Hawaiian style wedding

I would absolutely recommend Simple Kona Beach Weddings to everyone looking to get married in Kona. The price are great, all inclusive & Becky is just wonderful, kind, helpful & will answer all your questions!!! I can say enough about SKBW! They made our wedding day amazing!!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Teshia - you and Mark were a joy and a pleasure to work with, and I am so happy we were able to give you the day you were dreaming of!! Sending big hugs and love!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Hein Nagy · Married on 05/27/2019

Simple beach wedding with a unique and personalized touch

Becky, owner and operator of Simple Kona Beach Weddings, did an awesome job and made our wedding to a very special, beautiful and memorable event!
    We are still heavily smiling when we think about our big day and looking at the beautiful pictures at the stunning Kona beach. From the first contact on, later via calls and emails during the preparation phase and finally face-to-face in Kona, Becky was always very interested in our wishes and needs, had always very considerative recommendations and she was always relaxed, nice and excited to organize our wedding. Traveling from Europe, it was crucial for us that the wedding planner takes care of all items around our wedding. We wanted a simple beach wedding, but still it is a once in a lifetime event and should be something special. And this is exactly what Beckyś service stands for! In a very professional and well organized manner, Becky provided us with a real No-brainer package, we only needed to show up at the beach and smile. The whole ceremony was just awesome; Becky used well chosen, beautiful words, arranged amazing colorful flowers, perfectly made leis and prepared exactly the tropical flower bucket, we asked for. She advised a very talented and passionate photographer (Hannah Cooper). She further arranged a delicious picnic (thanks to Matt) and organized a very good and funny ukulele player. So, all we asked for was there, and everything was even better than we would have ever imagined. Becky and the whole team around Simple Kona Beach Weddings welcomed us in such a warm and friendly manner, that we felt like among friends, even though we traveled alone to Hawaii. Additionally, it is worthwhile to mention, that Becky provided several very good recommendations for restaurants, assisted us with the marriage license arrangements and via her network we could book some great activities. So as said, everything was just awesome and we can only highly recommend Simple Kona Beach Weddings to every couple, who is looking for a simple beach wedding with a unique and personalized touch.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Bree Waugh · Married on 04/26/2019

We had the perfect wedding

The first thing I did when Ash and I got engaged was google and email a heap of wedding planners. When I read Becky’s reply I knew that we should work with her above all others. She was sincerely excited to work with us.
    We’re Australian, so we spent some time on Skype talking through everything. Any concerns we had about trusting a stranger on the other side of the world totally melted away.

Ash and I totally embraced the no brainer package- purely because we knew we could trust Becky.

I don’t say this lightly- but I wouldn’t change a single thing about our day. It was perfect.

Our vows were just perfect for us as was the Ceremony. Many of our guests commented that they loved the ceremony as well.

Our Lei’s and flowers were utterly stunning. I opted for a Haku as well, and it was absolutely beautiful.

We worked with Dawn as our photographer (organised by Becky) who is nothing short of incredible.

Becky (and Matt) stayed with us while we had photos with Dawn and took photos on their (and my) phone- we had about 400 photos sent to us after that had been taken on the phones.

Becky helped me navigate the Four Seasons to book the barefoot on the beach table. We chose this based on Becky’s suggestion- IT WAS INCREDIBLE. We had the executive chef of the Four Seasons as our private chef for the evening. Everyone was full of amazing food by the end of the night.

Becky is an absolute professional. Our paperwork had been submitted the night of our wedding (so we were officially official). She has an incredible sense for what will work. I seriously recommend trusting her to plan your wedding- she’s an absolutely excellent wedding planner and celebrant.

From the bottom of our hearts, Thank you Becky.

Sent on 04/28/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

You are SO welcome, Bree! Thank you for putting your trust in my hands. It was so much fun to help the two of you create a day you will remember forever, and it makes me SO happy to know it was all that you'd hoped for and more! Sending you and Ash big hugs and aloha, and a world of happiness to come!!
  • Cristen

Cristen Harper · Married on 04/20/2019

Our perfect wedding

We are so grateful to have our wedding with Becky! It was perfect! Full of love and beauty on our wedding day. We could not ask for a more perfect day! It was beyond anything we could imagine! We highly recommend simple Kona beach weddings. Thank you you Becky for such a beautiful wedding day an awesome adventure!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Cristen, you are SO welcome! It was such a pleasure to help you and Peter have such a special day! Matt and I both enjoyed you so much, and wish you all the love and joy in the world!

Talena · Married on 04/11/2019

Unforgettable!

Becky was great! She had a clear understanding of our wants and was totally available as things popped up. Really beautiful ceremony and as stress free as it could be. LOVED it and loved Becky and the "team" she brought.

Sent on 04/23/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Talena! And so glad that we could give you the stress-free and beautiful day you'd been dreaming of! Sending warm alohas and big hugs!
  • Sandy

Sandy & Holly Kopp-Gillies · Married on 04/05/2019

Best decision we ever made!

I married the love of my life in the most beautiful place on earth 4500 miles from home, didn't know a soul and had never been to Hawaii. My nerves were high from day one until we contacted Becky. We told Becky what we wanted for our special day, Becky and Matt handled everything perfectly and truly made our day special and unforgettable.

Sent on 11/21/2019

Alex Rodrigues · Married on 03/21/2019

Our Perfect Day

So, it is a bit ironic that a “stranger” was such an important figure in one of the most important days in our lives. We took a risk based on online research and reviews and hired Becky to help with our wedding in Kona. We are glad we took a risk on this stranger; what an amazing person she turned out to be. We are so thankful to have found her. Becky was very responsive, thoughtful, helpful, and all around great throughout the entire process. On our wedding day we met Becky and her husband Matt in person. Again, she (in this case, they) didn’t disappoint. Becky did a wonderful job officiating our wedding and even stayed around afterwards while we were going through our photo session (we hired one of the photographers recommend by Becky) and took several pictures of us with her phone and shared them with us later on that day (over 100 pictures). Also, Matt used one of our phones to record the ceremony; the videos turned out great.

Finally, as a same sex couple we couldn’t be happier with the way we were treated. We felt comfortable and welcomed. Becky and Matt (and Josh – the photographer) truly demonstrated happiness for us. So; if you are planning a wedding in the Big Island, I strongly recommend you work with Becky, she will help you to make your day unforgettable.

Becky and Matt - thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Alex, thank you so much for your beautiful words! I am so happy that we were able to make your day as special as you'd hoped and more!! Sending big hugs to you and Miguel both!
  • Aleisha

Aleisha Cook · Married on 03/08/2019

Simple, Sweet, and Memorable

Our experience with Becky and Simple Kona Weddings was wonderful! Becky was attentive from the beginning and gave us everything we were looking for! We just loved our day, our ceremony, and working with Becky and her husband, Matt. Thank you Becky!

Sent on 03/27/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

You are so welcome, Aleisha! You, Jay and your girls were so much fun to be around, which made an already joyous occasion all that much more wonderful. It was an honor! Sending warm alohas your way!!