Simple Kona Beach Weddings Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Eddie Married on 05/02/2022

Awesome experience!

Becky is a stellar wedding planner and officiant! We spent about a week trying to do our own research / planning before we gave up and looked for a planner. What we found was that the research we had completed / options we had decided on, aligned with the suggestions provided by Becky. So save yourself some time and stress and just start here. Becky knew all the best spots / had contacts and relationships with the top venues and service providers, she was responsive and attentive, gave simple understandable instructions, and was accommodating to our requests. She sent us reminders for everything to ensure we were on track, and her husband took great photos and videos at the same time with our phones/go pro on top of the photographer we hired through Becky. The ceremony itself was beautiful, the guests enjoyed it as much as the beach sunset in the background - it was the best wedding we've ever been to, but we may be biased :)

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

This makes me so happy to read, Eddie! Knowing that I was able to both help you have a stress-free experience and a ceremony you loved makes my heart sing! Big hugs to you both and wishing you a lifetime of happiness to come!
  • Katie
    Katie S. Married on 12/01/2021

Becky is a miracle worker!!

I got married on 12.1.21. Becky was so amazing from the very beginning. She helped us plan everything down to a T. She's so kind and personable and very responsive to any questions you have, and she's always got a plan B! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a small, but elegant wedding in Kona.

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Katie, thank you SO much for your kind words! It was just a pleasure and a joy to get to know you and Tyler during your planning process, and to help you make your day all that you dreamed it to be and more! Big hugs!
  • Lena
    Lena J. Married on 11/10/2021

Comfortable, reassuring and easy

I'm a teacher, a mom, so for me, planning for a life event is stressful-- Becky made it easy. She was immediately responsive to my inquiries at the outset (which is one of the reasons I actually decided to go with her as opposed to another wedding vendor I had been considering); she put my husband-to-be and I at ease, continued to communicate and update us regularly and made extremely helpful recommendations. Our first meeting laid the groundwork; it was our getting to know each other meeting and info on what we might expect in getting married in Hawaii, especially during Covid. When we were done with the Zoom, we knew we would be taken care of. Becky didn't disappointment; from decorations, to marriage license, to location and then events we wanted to plan after the ceremony, Becky was on it. She met us the night before our wedding, guided us to the location, which was a bit tricky to find, so I am glad we did it the night before. She walked us through the ceremony. The day of, the weather was beautiful, and the decorations fit so well, even with the flower selection being a bit limited since we married in November. The heart and flower pathway were amazing. I was nervous during the ceremony, and she simply encouraged us to be ourselves.

When I sincerely say, our wedding was magical-- it was. Thank you Becky.

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Lena, you are SO welcome! My goal is always to help my couples feel cared for, and to know that I have it handled (so you don't have to worry), and I am so glad that I was able to take the stress off of your plate, make the whole thing easy, and put you two at ease so that it could be the magical experience you had! Big hugs to you and Donny!
  • Michelle
    Michelle G. Married on 10/27/2021

Absolutely a dream come true!!! Becky and her husband are very sweet, professional, and go above and beyond to meet expectations.

So glad we decided to have our wedding in paradise with the help of Becky. She is very professional, sweet, and made us feel comfortable and exited about it special day at all times! The ceremony she performs is beautiful. Such a great experience and we feel blessed to have crossed paths with both Becky and her husband! They make a great team. Wish we could do it all over again!

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Michelle! I am so glad that we were able to help you and Alex make your day as special as you were imagining, and Matt and I both send you big hugs and so many happy wishes!
  • Marylyn
    Marylyn R. Married on 10/11/2021

Absolute best wedding planner in HAWAII!,

We contacted Becky on a Monday and she arranged our ceremony for Thursday! She made it a wonderful experience for us with no effort on our part. The photographer she recommended is simply the best! Thank you from the bottom off our hearts!

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Marylyn, you are SO welcome and thank you for your kind words! You two were a joy and a pleasure from start to finish, and nothing makes me happier than helping things feel stress-free and easy - especially on such a special day! Big love and alohas from us all!
  • Rj Heredia
    Rj Heredia Married on 09/10/2021

An amazing one in a life time experience!!!

Hiring Becky (and her husband Matt) was one of the best decisions we made with our wedding. Right away Becky was warm, welcoming and interested in us and our story. She was extremely attentive, made us feel as if she was excited and "all in" to give us an extraordinary wedding ceremony. She dealt with our family in a kind manner, helped us directly book our wedding reception at our first choice place right on the ocean. Becky was engaging all the way until the end and even after our ceremony. Mike was also a joy to have and took fantastic photos on his own all the way through. I would recommend Becky to any and all who are seeking out a fairytale wedding (vow renewal) in the gorgeously breath taking state of Hawaii. Thank you so much for making this dream come true!!!!!

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

You guys are just the sweetest! I so enjoyed helping you create your dream wedding from start to finish, and I am SO glad that we were able to help you make it all that you dreamed of and more! Matt is also thrilled that you loved his photos (along with the professional ones you had taken), and we are sending big hugs to you and Nikki both as you bask in your post-wedding bliss!
    Jen D. Married on 08/30/2021

Sweetest Kona Officiant

Becky was so kind, patient , and communicative. She helped our daughter to be able to still have her wedding very last minute when our original officiant ended up being very unprofessional and unkind. Becky helped us figure out how to still make it work because of our remote location and the rain. She met the kids in person and married them legally and then married the kids virtually so we could have the ceremony at the location we chose, but still made the ceremony very sweet and full of love, it felt as if we had known her much longer than 2 days. I can’t recommend her enough!

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Jen, thank you for your kind words! I am SO happy I was able to help your daughter and her now husband make it all happen, in spite of the initial challenges you faced! It was an absolute pleasure in every way!💗
    Jessica S. Married on 06/16/2021

Wedded Bliss in Paradise

Planning our wedding with Simple Kona Beach Weddings was all we dreamed of and more! Becky is an absolute joy to work with from the small to large details. She allowed us to feel comfortable, at ease and excited to celebrate our love in Hawaii and take a leap of faith with a destination wedding. Becky is encaustic, fun, thorough, and full of excellent advice and recommendations. Dennis and I, as well as all our family, were blown away by the beauty of the ceremony, location, flowers, and experience created! We are so grateful for you Becky and cannot wait to be back in Hawaii again!

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Jess, I could not have been more honored to have helped you and Dennis make your day all that you dreamed of and more!! Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being such a delightful and fun couple (and family)!

Big hugs to you both and I hope you will be able to come back to Hawaii soon!
    With Warm Alohas,
    *Becky*
    Amy Married on 05/12/2021

Amazing, don’t pass them by:)

I couldn’t of asked for anything more!! I am so happy to have found simplekonabeachweddings they did a phenomenal job!! Made our day so easy and special and far exceeded our expectations!! Thank you so much and I hope to come back and renew my vows with you guys:)

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Amy, you are so welcome!! I am so glad that we were able to not only make your day easy, but that we made it a special for you as well - our ultimate goal! We will welcome you back for a vow renewal when the time comes! Big hugs to you and David both!
    Kristie C. Married on 03/04/2021

More like Perfect Kona Beach Wedding!

I planned my wedding on 04.03.2020 and just a week before the wedding, COVID shut down everything. Becky was extremely responsive with keeping me up-to-date on all the restrictions and requirements to travel to Hawaii. We decided to reschedule for 04.03.2021. Becky stayed in communication with me and my now husband for the whole year. She was and still is absolutely amazing. I felt like I didn't have to lift a finger to do anything on my wedding day except show up. She provided an amazing list of resources and vendors. All of which were amazing. On our wedding day, Becky's ceremony was so meaningful and beautiful. Her husband, Matt, took candid photos of our big day and he was so much fun to work with. He definitely made us laugh and smile in all of our photos. I don't know if Becky knows it, but she is one of those people who shared a very special moment with us, and she will forever be a part of our life. If you want your special day to be perfect, Becky can make it happen! She is incredible at what she does and she thinks of EVERYTHING...I mean everything! Thank you for making our special day perfect!

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Kristie, you two are the sweetest! Despite all of the craziness of 2020, I am so happy that we were able to help you still have the wedding the two of you were dreaming of (only a year later!)! Knowing we were able to make it easy for you, and provide you with the beauty and meaning you were hoping for makes it even more special! You are now forever a part of our lives as well! Big love and hugs to you both!
    Kaeleigh Married on 12/08/2020

Virtual Vow Renewal

Becky is awesome. Working with her to plan our virtual vow renewal was easy and stress free. My husband and I have a tradition of renewing our vows on our wedding anniversary, this year we were in the mountains of North Carolina and being able to have Becky renew our vows all the way in Hawaii was really cool and neat experience. I highly recommend. Becky and her husband Matt were fun and made this little tradition of ours very special :) thanks Becky for everything!!

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Kaleigh! Thank you so much for your kind words! It was so fun to virtually perform your vow renewal for you here in Hawaii while you two were there in the snow! I wish you many years of happiness, and hope to be able to meet the two of you in person here in Hawaii one of these days! Big hugs and alohas!
  • Aurora
    Aurora Married on 12/04/2020

OMG, We're Married!

Becky was a joy to work with! Planning a wedding during a pandemic was not easy but Becky made sure we were taken care of. From providing traveling regulation updates to keeping us cool and collected that one time we thought COVID was going to cause us to cancel our wedding. She got on the phone with us and reassured us that we had options for all scenarios! We greatly enjoyed our ceremony and the musician that Becky hired for it!

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Aurora, I am SO happy that we were able to get you and Mario married, despite all of the Covid craziness that's been going on! It was an honor and a joy to help you make your day special, and I send you both big love and hugs for a wonderful first year as a married couple to come!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca D. Married on 01/27/2020

Becky is Wonderful

When I decided to start planning for our wedding, the first week in I was super stressed. Becky was then recommended to us by a family member. Becky and her husband aren’t kidding when they label their packages/ceremonies a “no brainer” and “simple kona beach wedding.” Once i talked fo her, it was down hill from there and the easiest thing I’ve ever had to do. I’m also from New Jersey and everyone who attended said what a wonderful job I did putting everything together from all the way there, but it was all Becky who made it the easiest.

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Becca, you were such a joy and a pleasure to work with, and I am so happy that I was able to help you ease your stress, and make the whole thing simple and easy! Wishing you and Michel all the best in the world! Big love and hugs to you both!
  • Graham
    Graham F. Married on 10/30/2019

Exceptional

From first planning email to our wedding day we could not have asked for better from Becky. Becky gets our highest recommendation, she was clearly exceptional from start to finish in planning and officiating our ceremony.

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Thanks so much, Graham! It was an honor to make your day special! A world of happiness to you and Trish!
  • Jody
    Jody K. Married on 10/29/2019

Truly Amazing

OMG. Becky was fantastic. When I hired Becky for my wedding on the Big Island I had certain expectations. I was nervous because I live in Florida and had never been to Hawaii. Planing every detail from so far seemed a little overwhelming. Becky was so informative and made everything seem easy. She helped with recommendations on the florist, hair and makeup, photography, venues, restaurants, and even took care of the special permit needed for the beach location we choose.

However, it was the ceremony itself that really blew me away. She did such a great job. She made it so personal and special for us. Hiring her to officiate our wedding was by far our best decision.

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Jody, I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to know that we gave you the stress-free and meaningful experience you were hoping for!! We had so much fun making your day special!! Sending big love and aloha to you and your hubby!💗
    Lauren I. Married on 10/24/2019

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing

Yes amazing that is the word that I choose to use I'm telling you Becky was so fabulous with us from the beginning to even afterwards. She found the most magical beautiful spot for my husband and I to do our vow renewal. It was so breathtaking and intimate and extremely special. She asked all the right questions and made our vision better than what we even anticipated. This literally took my breath away. Every detail tells you can tell that she really cared and truly understands What we desired. I can't say enough wonderful things about her and her planning. The execution was flawless and I can't stop talking and thinking about our special vow renewal.

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Lauren, we had so much fun helping you and your hubby make your vow renewal the beach wedding you always wanted! We are so glad that we were able to help make your dream come true, and we wish you and Humberto all the love and happiness in the world!
  • Anne
    Anne G. Married on 10/22/2019

The best experience!

Becky did an exceptional job! She responded quickly and was kind the whole way. Even when we were 20 minutes late! Highly reccomend her to anyone!

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Anne, you and Ken (and your family) were just lovely, and I am so happy that I could help you make your day great! Sending love and hugs!
  • Brenda
    Brenda S. Married on 10/14/2019

Perfection!

Becky and her husband Matt did a stellar job planning and coordinating our wedding. They are so relaxed, and easygoing; an absolute pleasure to work with. They worked out all the details, and thought of everything. We are so pleased with how our wedding turned out. It could not have been more perfect!

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

We are so happy to have been able to help you and Chris make your day easy and fun! You two were an absolute pleasure to get to know and it was a joy helping you two tie the knot! Matt and I send big hugs your way!
  • Jane
    Jane L. Married on 10/04/2019

Best wedding EVER!

If it were possible, I would give Becky and Matt a THOUSAND STARS! Yes, they're that amazing. If you're looking for a low-stress, unforgettable wedding, this is it. Becky answered questions that we didn't even know we had, kept us up-to-date during planning, and has awesome client resources on her site for everything. Meeting her and Matt was a treat - they made us feel special, like our wedding *mattered* to them. In a day and age when it seems like fewer and fewer people deep-down *care* about others, they stand head-and-shoulders above the crowd. Simple. Kona. Beach. Weddings. We got what was advertised, topped off with an ocean of Aloha Spirit. Matt's photography skills are now legend. He used now-hubby's iPhone 10 and one of my colleagues commented that we could use the shots as professional stock photos. I can't express how fortunate I feel to have literally stumbled across Becky in a Google search. I couldn't be happier!

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Jane, I can't express how happy it makes us to read your amazingly kind and detailed feedback, and to know that we succeeded in making your simple wedding memorable and special! Thanks to you and Frank for being so fun and wonderful, and for making our 400th wedding such a treat! Sending love and hugs and endless happiness to you both!
  • Jeff
    Jeff W. Married on 08/22/2019

Destination Wedding That Exceeded Expectations

We contacted Becky with Simple Kona Beach weddings 45 days before our arrival on the Big Island. Becky was very friendly and professional and put us at ease during the entire planning process. She covered all of the options and details we would need to decide on prior to our arrival on island. (Marriage license, ceremony location, choice of leis, wedding vows, photo package, etc). Becky was very thorough in covering all pre-ceremony details. Once we arrived we asked to meet with Becky to briefly make our introductions and lay eyes on the beach where the ceremony would take place. Again, Becky was very gracious when we met with her and was flexible in making minor adjustments to our requests.
    On the day of the ceremony Becky sent us a personalized text letting us know she was available if we had any last minute needs. This was a great touch as we each had a few minor "wedding day jitters".
    At the ceremony we met Becky and her husband Matt at the beach location. It was nice getting to know them pre-ceremony and it put both of us at ease. The ceremony was very professional, romantic and tasteful. Interspersed with what we were expecting in a traditional wedding ceremony were some Hawaiian cultural traditions which really helped to memorialize our very special occasion.
    Matt did an outstanding job with our photos, Becky later sent us several photos that she herself had taken post ceremony and overall they exceeded our expectations on so many levels and we truly appreciate their attention to detail.

Nancy and Jeff "Frank"

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Nancy and Frank, thank you so much for this recap of your experience! You two were such a joy to work with every step of the way, and I am so happy we could make your day special!! Sending warm alohas and love your way!
  • Lin
    Lin A. Married on 08/14/2019

Becky had me from Aloha!

We would highly recommend Becky to perform a wedding if you plan on marrying on the big island. We were sailing on Norwegian’s Pride ship which made a stop in Kona. We were attracted to the beauty of this area and thought it would be a perfect place to say, I do! After a google search we started working with Becky. She had us at Aloha! She never went very long without getting back with me. She made the process simple with recommendations to restaurants, flowers, photographers and even ukulele players! Our day was easy, amazing, and organized. Can’t say enough about how wonderful everything went! ❤️

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Lin and Dawn, I can't tell you how special it was to help you make your dream wedding happen! The joy you brought with you off the ship was infectious, and it was such a pleasure to help you two make things official!! Sending hugs and love to you both!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer A. Married on 08/09/2019

Amazing Wedding!

Our wedding in Hawaii was perfect! We are grateful to Becky for helping us get organized before the wedding, and most importantly amazed by the beautiful ceremony she performed with us on a boat off the Kona shore. Becky is very organized and wonderful to be with. She brought beautiful flowers for the leis, bouquet, and heart to stand in, in addition to other fun surprises and traditions for the ceremony. Becky included our children and captivated our friends and family. Becky also spent the day on a boat with us, which was epic, and even jumped in the water to swim with a whale shark (what a surprise!). Becky felt like part of our friend/family group during our time together. Highly recommended!
    Michael J. Married on 08/04/2019

Our Wedding Day, couldn’t have been more perfect! Becky is absolutely FANTASTIC to work with!

Everyone knows how stressful it is, trying to organize a wedding. Try putting it together in three (3) weeks time! My partner and I have been Big Island Residents for 17 years. Our anniversary was on August 4, and we briefly thought about doing the ceremony here at home.....until we saw this fabulous website, called “SIMPLE KONA BEACH WEDDINGS”! We doubted that our anniversary date would be available, but we got an immediate response from Becky, telling us that the 4th was indeed, available. Becky, and her husband, Matt, went above and beyond, to give us our “SPECIAL” day. Leave it up to us, to try planning a wedding ceremony in between two hurricanes bearing down on the islands!! Fortunately, the first one went passed on Saturday. Sunday couldn’t have been more beautiful! Sunshine and a slight trade winds, made the evening ceremony beyond expectations! Becky was absolutely LOVELY to work with, and Matt took lots of photos with our phones. Just as the ceremony was about to be finalized, it started to rain. It couldn’t have turned out any better! We all were laughing and completely soaked by the time we made it back to our vehicles! We got plenty of photos with the sunshine, and with it clouding over, and then, in the rain! Even had to sign the wedding certificate in the back of the vehicle, it was raining so hard! I highly recommend “SIMPLE KONA BEACH WEDDINGS”, to make your Hawaiian wedding dream, a reality !!! THANK YOU, Becky and Matt!

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

You are so welcome!! It is a day to remember (and very fondly, I might add!), and I am so glad that we got to be a part of making your wedding (a long time coming) something special! Thinking of you and Kurt both and smiling ear to ear!
    Tricia S. Married on 07/29/2019

Simply Perfect Wedding

I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day... Simple, stress-free, and FUN! Becky was very responsive from beginning to end. She answered every one of my questions and made sure all the intricacies during the ceremony were taken care of so we did not have to worry about set-up. If you want to enjoy a beach-style destination wedding, Becky Ringler is THE person you need to contact. Choosing Simple Kona Beach Weddings was the best decision I made this year, second to the choice of marrying the love of my life. ❤️

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Tricia! You are so sweet, and reading this makes my heart sing! I am so glad that we were able to make your day all that you dreamed of and more! Sending you all the love and joy in the world!
  • Sarah
    Sarah L. Married on 07/17/2019

Absolutely perfect ceremony in Kona, HI

Hiring Becky was the best decision we made, after deciding to get married! :) Her website is a wealth of information, she is attentive, professional, fun, knowledgeable and an absolute pleasure to work with! We knew we wanted a beach wedding in Hawaii, but that was about all we knew. Becky secured us a private beach (which we would have never discovered on our own), and it was the most amazing view I have ever witnessed. She was there with me throughout the planning, every step of the way. She listened to what we wanted, and made the ceremony represent us as a family. Our kids had a blast, and we are still in awe of that evening on the beach back in July. Thank you to Becky for a once in a lifetime experience we will never forget!! xoxo

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Sarah, we had SO much fun helping you make your day special, and I am so happy to hear the thought of it continues to bring you all so much joy! My heart is full knowing that we helped you have the day you’d dreamed of! Sending big love and alohas to you all!