Simple Kona Beach Weddings Reviews

Simple Kona Beach Weddings 7
  • Sonya

Sonya Zaumeyer · Married on 06/19/2019

Simple Kona beach Weddings

My fiance (now husband) wanted to run away and elope in Hawaii after the stress from planning a wedding. We did some research and found Becky at Simple Kona Beach Weddings and could not be happier that we did. Becky asked a few simple questions and then took care of everything. She completely took the stress out of planning a wedding and made our day incredible. Becky and her husband Matt were so fun to work with and we could not recommend them enough.

Sent on 06/26/2019
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 10

Courtney Ball · Married on 06/05/2019

Amazing experience! Made my wedding day absolutely perfect.

Becky and her team are amazing. Simple Kona Beach Weddings is the choice for a perfect beach wedding. Professionalisms with genuineness and attention to detail.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Courtney, you are a light and a joy, and I am SO happy we could make your day be all that you dreamed it to be!! Big love and hugs!

Teshia Slotterbeck · Married on 06/02/2019

Hawaiian style wedding

I would absolutely recommend Simple Kona Beach Weddings to everyone looking to get married in Kona. The price are great, all inclusive & Becky is just wonderful, kind, helpful & will answer all your questions!!! I can say enough about SKBW! They made our wedding day amazing!!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Teshia - you and Mark were a joy and a pleasure to work with, and I am so happy we were able to give you the day you were dreaming of!! Sending big hugs and love!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Hein Nagy · Married on 05/27/2019

Simple beach wedding with a unique and personalized touch

Becky, owner and operator of Simple Kona Beach Weddings, did an awesome job and made our wedding to a very special, beautiful and memorable event!
    We are still heavily smiling when we think about our big day and looking at the beautiful pictures at the stunning Kona beach. From the first contact on, later via calls and emails during the preparation phase and finally face-to-face in Kona, Becky was always very interested in our wishes and needs, had always very considerative recommendations and she was always relaxed, nice and excited to organize our wedding. Traveling from Europe, it was crucial for us that the wedding planner takes care of all items around our wedding. We wanted a simple beach wedding, but still it is a once in a lifetime event and should be something special. And this is exactly what Beckyś service stands for! In a very professional and well organized manner, Becky provided us with a real No-brainer package, we only needed to show up at the beach and smile. The whole ceremony was just awesome; Becky used well chosen, beautiful words, arranged amazing colorful flowers, perfectly made leis and prepared exactly the tropical flower bucket, we asked for. She advised a very talented and passionate photographer (Hannah Cooper). She further arranged a delicious picnic (thanks to Matt) and organized a very good and funny ukulele player. So, all we asked for was there, and everything was even better than we would have ever imagined. Becky and the whole team around Simple Kona Beach Weddings welcomed us in such a warm and friendly manner, that we felt like among friends, even though we traveled alone to Hawaii. Additionally, it is worthwhile to mention, that Becky provided several very good recommendations for restaurants, assisted us with the marriage license arrangements and via her network we could book some great activities. So as said, everything was just awesome and we can only highly recommend Simple Kona Beach Weddings to every couple, who is looking for a simple beach wedding with a unique and personalized touch.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Bree Waugh · Married on 04/26/2019

We had the perfect wedding

The first thing I did when Ash and I got engaged was google and email a heap of wedding planners. When I read Becky’s reply I knew that we should work with her above all others. She was sincerely excited to work with us.
    We’re Australian, so we spent some time on Skype talking through everything. Any concerns we had about trusting a stranger on the other side of the world totally melted away.

Ash and I totally embraced the no brainer package- purely because we knew we could trust Becky.

I don’t say this lightly- but I wouldn’t change a single thing about our day. It was perfect.

Our vows were just perfect for us as was the Ceremony. Many of our guests commented that they loved the ceremony as well.

Our Lei’s and flowers were utterly stunning. I opted for a Haku as well, and it was absolutely beautiful.

We worked with Dawn as our photographer (organised by Becky) who is nothing short of incredible.

Becky (and Matt) stayed with us while we had photos with Dawn and took photos on their (and my) phone- we had about 400 photos sent to us after that had been taken on the phones.

Becky helped me navigate the Four Seasons to book the barefoot on the beach table. We chose this based on Becky’s suggestion- IT WAS INCREDIBLE. We had the executive chef of the Four Seasons as our private chef for the evening. Everyone was full of amazing food by the end of the night.

Becky is an absolute professional. Our paperwork had been submitted the night of our wedding (so we were officially official). She has an incredible sense for what will work. I seriously recommend trusting her to plan your wedding- she’s an absolutely excellent wedding planner and celebrant.

From the bottom of our hearts, Thank you Becky.

Sent on 04/28/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

You are SO welcome, Bree! Thank you for putting your trust in my hands. It was so much fun to help the two of you create a day you will remember forever, and it makes me SO happy to know it was all that you'd hoped for and more! Sending you and Ash big hugs and aloha, and a world of happiness to come!!
  • Cristen

Cristen Harper · Married on 04/20/2019

Our perfect wedding

We are so grateful to have our wedding with Becky! It was perfect! Full of love and beauty on our wedding day. We could not ask for a more perfect day! It was beyond anything we could imagine! We highly recommend simple Kona beach weddings. Thank you you Becky for such a beautiful wedding day an awesome adventure!

Sent on 04/23/2019
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 11
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 12
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 13
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 14

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Cristen, you are SO welcome! It was such a pleasure to help you and Peter have such a special day! Matt and I both enjoyed you so much, and wish you all the love and joy in the world!

Talena · Married on 04/11/2019

Unforgettable!

Becky was great! She had a clear understanding of our wants and was totally available as things popped up. Really beautiful ceremony and as stress free as it could be. LOVED it and loved Becky and the "team" she brought.

Sent on 04/23/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Talena! And so glad that we could give you the stress-free and beautiful day you'd been dreaming of! Sending warm alohas and big hugs!

Alex Rodrigues · Married on 03/21/2019

Our Perfect Day

So, it is a bit ironic that a “stranger” was such an important figure in one of the most important days in our lives. We took a risk based on online research and reviews and hired Becky to help with our wedding in Kona. We are glad we took a risk on this stranger; what an amazing person she turned out to be. We are so thankful to have found her. Becky was very responsive, thoughtful, helpful, and all around great throughout the entire process. On our wedding day we met Becky and her husband Matt in person. Again, she (in this case, they) didn’t disappoint. Becky did a wonderful job officiating our wedding and even stayed around afterwards while we were going through our photo session (we hired one of the photographers recommend by Becky) and took several pictures of us with her phone and shared them with us later on that day (over 100 pictures). Also, Matt used one of our phones to record the ceremony; the videos turned out great.

Finally, as a same sex couple we couldn’t be happier with the way we were treated. We felt comfortable and welcomed. Becky and Matt (and Josh – the photographer) truly demonstrated happiness for us. So; if you are planning a wedding in the Big Island, I strongly recommend you work with Becky, she will help you to make your day unforgettable.

Becky and Matt - thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 04/01/2019
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 15

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Alex, thank you so much for your beautiful words! I am so happy that we were able to make your day as special as you'd hoped and more!! Sending big hugs to you and Miguel both!
  • Aleisha

Aleisha Cook · Married on 03/08/2019

Simple, Sweet, and Memorable

Our experience with Becky and Simple Kona Weddings was wonderful! Becky was attentive from the beginning and gave us everything we were looking for! We just loved our day, our ceremony, and working with Becky and her husband, Matt. Thank you Becky!

Sent on 03/27/2019
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 20
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 21
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 22

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

You are so welcome, Aleisha! You, Jay and your girls were so much fun to be around, which made an already joyous occasion all that much more wonderful. It was an honor! Sending warm alohas your way!!

Amanda Turner · Married on 01/29/2019

Amazing! Thank you :)

We cannot thank Becky enough for helping us plan our surprise wedding! She made the process so easy and stress-free, we couldn't have pulled it off without her! She is so professional, charismatic, and performed such a lovely ceremony. She made this day everything we could have hoped for! Thank you Becky!

Sent on 03/29/2019
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 23

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, and you are so incredibly welcome, Amanda! It was so much fun to help you two surprise your family, and to see the beautiful and happy responses from all present. It was a true joy! Sending hugs!

Candice Campbell · Married on 01/23/2019

The only way to get married in Kona!

We were lucky enough to find Becky and Matt to coordinate our tiny wedding and they did a spectacular job. They exceeded every expectation we could have.

We thought this ceremony would be awkward with just us and our son but it was so much fun. The spot they chose was perfectly remote and it felt like we were on our own private beach.

They did a beautiful job setting up the site with a heart make of flower petals and all of the traditional Hawaiian ceremony accompaniments.

I told Becky I was worried I would cry through the ceremony and she was just a delight. She kept it light and fun yet deeply meaningful.

Matt took about a thousand photos on our phones so we wouldn’t have to wait 6 weeks for the photographers final photos (photographer was great too).

Becky told me that she decided a few years ago to focus her life on Love and it’s clear that she’s doing her life’s work.

Sent on 01/25/2019
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 24

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Candice, thank you for sharing this with everyone, and I am so glad that we were able to make your day special. It was a special moment all around, and we were so happy to be there for you and Ken! Wishing you continued love and happiness together!
  • Rachel

Rachel Haas · Married on 01/22/2019

Beyond our expectations

We absolutely loved working with Becky. She is very responsive, comforting and caring. Her services are truly unique. My husband and I loved the ceremony, flowers, cake and the iPhone photos that Matt (Becky’s husband) took. He’s a hoot!
    What a great value!

Sent on 01/28/2019
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 25

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Thanks so much for your sweet words, Rachel! It was a joy and a pleasure for us both, and we so enjoyed helping make your day special!

Jennifer Glassman · Married on 01/21/2019

Our secret weapon to planning the best HI wedding => Becky!

Watch out Gal Gadot, I think Becky is the real wonder woman! The thought of planning a wedding stressed me out and I just wanted to elope but I didn't because I am more scared of my mom killing me if I did that. So Becky literally saved my life! I have no clue how to plan a regular party let alone a wedding celebration! From food to flowers to photographer to music to table/chair rentals, Becky knows the best people for the job! She did EVERYTHING! She was there literally from the start when we had nothing planned until the end of the party. Then even after the party, she and her husband were the first to share the best photos!

Sent on 01/27/2019
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 26
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 27
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 28

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Jenny, you totally have me cracking up and blushing at the same time. The whole experience was a pleasure from start to finish on my end as well. You and Shane and your lovely family made the whole process easy and enjoyable. So happy we were able to make the experience stress-free and fun for all!! Sending continued joy for you and yours!

Sheri N Whinery · Married on 01/09/2019

I totally recommend Becky! She was the best!

Working with Becky was truly amazing! She is professional and so easy to deal with. She responded so quickly to me whenever I had a question, even when she was sick or on vacation! She was so knowledgeable about the island and the people she has on her service list were wonderful as well. She made our day very special by providing a beautiful and unique ceremony! She did not leave any details out and her customer service skills are outstanding. I could not be happier with her services! I totally recommend her to anyone getting married in Kona.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Sheri! Your feedback means so much, and I am so happy I was able to help you create the small wedding you were dreaming of (even though I was sick and on vacation during the planning portion!). It was a joy, and so were you and Pat. Sending hugs your way!

Marianne Cottingham · Married on 01/07/2019

Beyond our expectations

We chose Becky after reading reviews online. Let me assure you,she surpassed all our expectations and the ceremony was absolutely beautiful. We loved everything she spoke about and all the lovely touches that made our beach wedding so memorable. Our guests loved it and several of them came up to me to say what a lovely job Becky did! Her husband Matt was awesome and took great pictures with my phone! Becky was responsive, patient and used her experience to give us a better wedding than we expected. Our 7 year old son has been repeating some of the special things Becky said about the big island afterwards, and why it is such a special place to be married... That tells you how touching the ceremony was! If you want a stress free and beautiful wedding,not to mention great value, look no further!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Marianne, knowing that your son was repeating some of the things from the ceremony is the icing on the cake to what you have shared here. Thank you. It makes me so happy to know that we were able to exceed your expectations, and that your beach wedding is truly the happy moment you'd hoped for! Sending you and Lee continued happiness!
  • Casey

Casey Marquez · Married on 12/05/2018

AMAZING experience

Becky was amazing from start to finish. She responded quickly and she went above and beyond to make sure she was providing exactly what we wanted. The day of the wedding was exactly the same. She was kind and personable and truly cared about our day being perfect. After the wedding her and her husband even gave my family members a ride to the restaurant so we didn’t have to get a car. We also just received a Christmas card from her after our wedding. Would recommend her over and over again!!

Sent on 12/16/2018
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 12/03/2018

Excellent customer service and communication!

We can't say it enough... Thank you Becky for the amazing service and ceremony.

Hopefully this helps the next couple who is looking to hire Becky and Simple Kona Bech Wedding... Three words... HIRE HER NOW!!! Becky was beyond amazing in helping us build our perfect ceremony. Her communication with us from the very first day all the way up to the day of our ceremony was on point. We really valued the full on communication, open dialogue and the utmost professionalism. She listened, and was very involved with helping us find our voice for the overall feel of our ceremony, gently guiding and helping us stay on task and on point. We didn't want the traditional ceremony, and wanted to really incorporate Hawaiian tradition with our own traditions. She was open to making this work, getting to know us and crafting a ceremony that was truly meant for us.

We were planning this from a far, and she was instrumental in helping us find the right vendors that fit our personalities and needs. And the florist she works with... HIRE HER TOO!!! Becky has an incredible relationship with, in our opinion, one of the most amazing florists on the island, and can help you coordinate and design your beautiful floral pieces.

Most importantly, I think we found a lifetime friend in Becky, and are so happy we connected and can call her our friend. She helped make our little ceremony magical and memorable. All of our guests are still talking about how meaningful, and beautiful her words and ceremony was.

THANK YOU BECKY!!!!!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Heather, I am overwhelmed by your kind words; thank you so much for sharing your experience here! It was truly an honor and a joy to assist you and Mike with making your wedding all that you'd hoped it to be, and an extra bonus to gain two new friends in the process!
  • Darcie

Darcie Nesbitt · Married on 11/19/2018

Above and beyond what we had hoped for!

From the very beginning we were so impressed with Becky. She answered any and all questions and emails promptly. She took care of all wedding details and made the process stress free. Her recommendations on other businesses were spot on. The ceremony was beautiful. She took the time to get to know us and gave it a personal touch. Pictures turned out amazing. This was the best choice we could have made.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Darcie, it was such a pleasure to help you and your now husband make your day special and personal and happy! Sending big hugs and warm alohas you you both!!

Bill Belling · Married on 11/15/2018

Everything we hoped for!

We highly recommend Simple Kona Beach Weddings! Becky was very accommodating and someone who you felt you have known for years. Definitely recommend the flower upgrades, conch shell, and traditional Hawaiian music. The whole experience could not have been better and we are very happy we chose Simple Kona Beach Weddings!!!

Aloha
    Bill and Lisa

Sent on 12/09/2018

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for those kind words, Bill! I am so happy we were able to help you make your day all that you'd hoped for and more!

Emily · Married on 11/01/2018

Becky is amazing!

Becky is amazing! We were running a tad behind schedule, but she wasn't phased and asked her questions in a simple and direct manner and worked to get last minute details ironed out. We had an idea of what she would be saying during the ceremony, but WOW! It was beautiful and it was like it was written especially for us. She was helpful in arranging for the leis we wanted and they were spectacular.
    Becky helped make our day everything we could have asked for and more!

Sent on 11/09/2018
  • Sierra

Sierra Rock · Married on 10/04/2018

Beautiful ceremony!!!

Too many great things to say about Becky to put into words. She performed the most beautiful ceremony and was there every step of the way if we had any questions. She responds very quickly to emails and even arranged my flowers for our wedding and they were the most beautiful arrangements I have ever seen. Every one of our guests couldn’t stop talking about how beautiful the ceremony was and how Becky was the best officiant they have seen. If you are doing research on who to pick to officiate your special day, look no further there is no one else on the Big Island that comes close to how amazing Becky is.

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 29
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 30
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 31
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 32
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 33

Ed P · Married on 10/03/2018

Thoughtful, stress free, beautiful

We live in Australia and wanted to arrange an Hawaiian wedding. We did our research and contacted a few people.
    Becky responded quickly and thoughtfully to all of our questions, and we're very pleased we chose her to work with us.
    From the outset, Becky was very easy to deal with. She listened to our desires and questions, gave suggestions based on her local knowledge and experience, and took the stress out of making arrangements.
    Becky incorporated our own vows into a service that beautifully referenced the elements and Hawaiian custom and culture.
    Becky's partner Matt did a great job of taking photos on the day.
    We were very happy with Becky's assistance and our special day was just perfect.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Ed, thank you. You and Judy were such a joy from start to finish - particularly with those hilarious outfits your friend made for you to wear for a few photos. Thinking of you both and sending hugs!

Henlee W. · Married on 09/25/2018

Truly a Special Day

Becky is incredible and made our day special beyond our expectations! We were looking for a small private ceremony on a beach and Becky made the process feel easy and relaxed. She was a great communicator from the beginning: she always responded promptly and thoroughly. She was very accommodating to our requests and needs. The beach location she set up was a tropical paradise. The whole ceremony was beautiful, relaxed and unique. It truly was an experience we will forever cherish. We highly recommend working with Becky!

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Simple Kona Beach Weddings 34

Chris and Tricia · Married on 09/24/2018

What a wonderful experience and wedding. Becky was so professional. Her organization and communication was excellent. From setting up through emails and phone calls she ensured we were to have an awesome experience. We were able to pick a spot on the beach we liked the best. It was so beautiful. Her words while officianting us were natural and beautiful. Matt did an awesome job getting us pictures too. The whole ceremony was just how we wanted, and lovely. Highly recommend her and Matt, you won't be disappointed. :)

Sent on 09/30/2018

Simple Kona Beach Weddings's reply:

Chris, Tricia, thank you SO much for your kind words. I am so happy that we were able to help you make your day as easy and special as you'd dreamed it to be. You two were a joy. Wishing you both a lifetime of continued happiness together!!