Sheraton Pentagon City Reviews

26 | Arlington, VA

26 Reviews for Sheraton Pentagon City

Jessica · Married on 11/12/2016

What can I say - it was a great day! We had both our ceremony and our reception at the hotel, and the Galaxy Ballroom is one of the best rooms in the area (we looked at several similar rooftop ballroom spaces). We had 143 people, including the two of us, and there was plenty of room for all of our guests, a spacious dance floor, a bar, the DJ, etc. - there was probably room for one or two more tables! The day went super smoothly, significantly due to the efforts of the catering and events manager and her staff, who were on top of everything. We had about 30 guest rooms taken up by out-of-town guests, who all said they were comfortable and happy with the rooms. It was easy for everyone to get to, everyone was thrilled with the convenience of being able to go straight from the ceremony up the elevators to cocktail hour, and the food was delicious.

One piece of advice I'd give other couples is to take a good look at what you're getting for the price. This wasn't the least expensive venue we looked at, but it was by FAR the best value in terms of quality of goods and services (a quality open bar was very important to me! ;o) ), and also the most reasonable in terms of both minimums and charges for extras. They also provided a list of recommended vendors that weren't mandatory, but was a helpful place start for some of the other aspects of our wedding.

Sent on 11/15/2016

i booked this venue for ceremony and reception. My wedding isn't till next year. So far the customer service has been great. Flexibility and value has been exceptional as well. I do hope everything flows as is till my wedding.

Sent on 09/03/2015

Donna was simply perfection. She took care of every single detail, and my wedding was truly perfect. I didn't have to stress about virtually anything. All of my guests had the rooms they needed, and I received so many compliments on my choice of venue. I highly recommend this choice for venue! The chef is absolutely magic. He was so friendly and kind; the food was amazing. My guests were basically licking their plates clean the entire night. Donna made sure that every single detail was on point, and as someone that pays attention to each little detail, that was exactly what I needed.

This is the best venue out there!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Rebecca · Married on 03/16/2013

Worked with Betsy Jones as my Wedding coordinator and must say that everything turned out wonderful! Food was outstanding! Service was great! For the area the price per person was reasonable. The 16th Floor Ballroom is beautiful at night. Would highly recommend The Sheraton Pentagon City.

Sent on 03/22/2013

Betsy and her team did a beautiful job for my wedding!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Sandy · Married on 11/03/2012

The staff at the Sheraton National Hotel (900 S. Orme St.) saved my wedding. My original venue was terrible and out of pure frustration and desperation, I called the Sheraton National to see if they could help me salvage my wedding. The staff opened their arms to me and we ended up having the PERFECT wedding reception. They treated our entire guest list like kings & queens the whole weekend. Plus, the rates were very reasonable and competitive. The Sheraton National really went above & beyond to make our day special and I would highly recommend anyone who wants to have a fantastic wedding in downtown DC hire this venue....you won't be sorry.

Sent on 11/09/2012
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 06/09/2012

I loved everything about this venue. We picked the Sheraton National for it's incredible view of DC on the 16th floor. We are both transplants to the area - I'm from Southern California and my husband is from upstate New York, so it was important for us to incorporate DC into our wedding, knowing all of the guests would be traveling to get here and many had never been to the area. We thought about doing a wedding in DC but that doesn't really give guests the full view of everything. I was shocked at how affordable the Sheraton was and the blocked rate they gave our guests was UNREAL for the area. The hotel itself is so nice and offers shuttles for the guests to the airport and the metro which was awesome for the out-of-towners who wanted to go sightseeing. Betsy was such a pleasure to work with and was willing to answer every little question I had. Our guests were stunned when they got to the top and saw the view. We had so many people tell us it was the best wedding they had ever been to! When we decided to get out cake elsewhere, Betsy was quick to suggest we could use that portion of the package to do late night snacks for our guests. They loved them and the chef was willing to do whatever we wanted! Even tater tots! The guests raved about the food. It was DELICIOUS, especially the macaroni and cheese bar. Everything was amazing. The service was incredible and everything flowed so perfectly. The room turned out more beautiful than I imagined and everything was flawless. I highly highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/29/2012

Melissa · Married on 11/19/2011

Our experience with the Sheraton was incredible. The venue itself is a beautiful site for a reception, with its spectacular 16th floor views of the city and its spacious ballroom. The lighting that the Sheraton has -- including uplights in a variety of colors -- adds a special touch. The food is magnificent; I don't think I've ever had tastier wedding food! But what really set the Sheraton apart from other venues is the customer service. Throughout the planning process and the day itself, Betsy Jones was unfailingly professional, kind, and responsive -- she always replied to my emails or phone calls within a day, usually on the same day, and she always had answers to my questions. I have a difficult work schedule, but Betsy was able to help us plan tastings and other wedding-related events around my hours. Working with someone so responsible took a major load of stress off of me during the wedding planning process. You would do well to have your reception at the Sheraton!

Sent on 01/02/2012
  • Aisley

Aisley · Married on 10/23/2010

We worked with Betsy at the Sheraton National for our wedding reception on 10/23/10 and she was amazing! We booked the Galaxy Ballroom on the 16th floor and Betsy worked with us to keep everything within our budget while still getting everything we wanted. Betsy was so patient working with us right up until a few days before the wedding to get everything finalized, and everything ended up going smoothly, Betsy and her team even put our custom centerpieces together for us, we just dropped off the supplies and gave them instructions - sooo helpful! The food was great, and they were able to handle our special requests for guests with food allergies. The only very minor exception was that at the end of the night, our gifts and the rest of my dinner ended up in my in-law's suite instead of ours (really not an issue - just something we laughed about when my MIL called and asked if we had ordered room service and said she was going to open all our gifts!) Betsy was super accomodating and I recommend both her, and the services of the Sheraton National, to other couples in the DC area looking for an amazing venue with a staff that will go above and beyond to make your reception amazing while keeping you in budget!

Sent on 11/16/2010
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 05/29/2010

I just had my wedding reception in the Galaxy Room which is located on the top floor, amazing view of D.C. by the way. I must say that the Sheraton National has exceeded my expectations and made my wedding day a memorable one!

I'd like to thank the amazing staff, especially the Director of Catering, Donna Vaughn, that coordinated the entire event from start to finish. Everything was perfect; the custom lighting, floral decorations, linens, chairs, I'd email Donna and she'd get back to me the same day (as a nervous bride I had peace of mind!). I meet with her at least 5 times before the wedding we would go over the theme of the wedding color schemes, food, etc. The best part of it all is that I stayed within my budget thanks to Donna and her amazing vendors. The tasting was excellent. All my guest complimented on the professionalism of the staff that night. The bar was excellent especially when it came to serving beverages and alcohol to our guests, I've been to events were the bartender fills up the cup with ice and not much alcohol or wine. Everything was perfect no complaints!

The hotel is very elegant, innovated, clean, friendly environment, I love the complimentary Star bucks coffee, the rooms are modern with clean crisp sheets, large plasma T.V.

The Sheraton National is an excellent hotel to host an event. I highly recommend this hotel and I will continue to use their services in the future.

Sent on 07/06/2010

colleen · Married on 05/14/2010

The Sheraton National met all of our expectations. They made us feel like royalty from the start of the day and really made us feel like it was our special day. The hotel catering coordinator is professional, flexible and very organized. The views from the top floor ballroom speak for themselves and all of our guest were amazed. The Sheraton National is an amazing place to have your reception you wont be disappointed!

Sent on 06/08/2010

Suzanne · Married on 08/28/2009

After receiving several quotes from many area hotels that were out of our budget, Betsy Jones at the Sheraton National, was the only contact who asked me what my budget was and who literally said; "Let's make it work with your budget."

She is the utmost professional and we were truly blessed to work with her and her team. We felt so welcomed. The staff was extremely helpful.

The view from the Galaxy Ballroom is fantastic. The staff staged our wedding decorations better than we had envisioned.

Sent on 01/18/2010

Cynthia · Married on 05/30/2009

The Sheraton was great to work with, very organized, friendly, and flexible. The views are amazing. The hotel staff went above and beyond to make all our guests happy. I would highly recommend the Sheraton National.

Sent on 11/09/2009

Eric · Married on 05/27/2009

I've played at the Sheraton National for Betsy Jones several times. Betsy is a lovely woman, skilled in all aspects of her job. The Sheraton is a fine venue and there is an abundance of easy on-site parking (important).

Eric Waters (guitarist)

Sent on 11/04/2009

Nicole · Married on 07/24/2010

I would highly recommnend the Sheraton National. We had our reception there and the ballroom was gorgeous. We had close to 300 people, so we were a little worried about the cost to feed everyone. After shopping around the northern VA area, I was surprised that the Sheraton offered us the cheapest price, and it was hands down the nicest venue that was able to accomodate our large number.

The coordinator (Betsy Jones) was extremely attentive and was very responsive to our barrage of emails throughout the planning process. She was able to accomodate all of our requests. The food was delicious and the staff was courteous and willing to help out wherever necessary. We had a wonderful time.

Sent on 08/09/2010
  • Lovelace

sakithia · Married on 06/25/2010

I have nothing but positive words for the Sheraton National and the event manager Betsy Jones. I knew from our first conversation with Betsy that this was our venue. It's such a hidden secret and those that knew of the hotel had no idea that it had such a beautiful view. You can not beat the price for such a georgousl view of the city.

**Be cautioned the view is not that great in the daytime, as you will see the residential parts of town. However, at night its awesome.

Betsy was prompt and courteous to all of our needs. She followed through with everything that was promised to us and maybe a little more. She responded to each email and phone call expeditiously. Thanks to Betsy professionalism and committment our wedding went through with a bang!!

The food was wonderful. We choice the salmon with mango salsa and the chicken roulade. Delicious!! Our guest enjoyed themselves and were inpressed by the space, view and the food. We had three seperate rooms. They were all (especially our coworkers) shocked that we could afford that type of venue on such a budget.

I would definatly recommend the Sheraton National Hotel. Please check it out especially if your having an evening wedding.

Sent on 07/24/2010

Tashica · Married on 09/16/2017

3.5

Thank you Kevin Barlett for helping our vision come together. Kevin had just taken on the position as catering sales manager and was a little slow at replying to phone calls and emails; but, once Kevin adjusted to his new role I completely gain confidence in him. Kevin is pleasant to work with and didn't let the things he didn't know about the wedding stop him from making it the best moment ever for me. He proved that he could handle any circumstance when at the last minute the food for the rehearsal dinner didn't show. He spoke with Eric from catering and they figured out where I could get good food from fast! Every request we had, from the Maid of Honor, the Groom, and myself, had made happen. Kevin is an assent to the Sheraton!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Justin · Married on 02/18/2012

First and foremost, the view of the DC skyline from the Galaxy Ballroom at the Sheraton National (now the Sheraton Pentagon City) is amazing! You cannot beat the view and the Sheraton National provides one of the best values around combined with the view you and your guests will have of DC from the Ballroom and during your Cocktail Hour. Compared to a few other venues in Arlington with similar views, the Sheraton is by far the most reasonably priced and delivers the best value around.

Our Banquet Manager was professional and delivered on a great reception. Our guests had a great time, the food was excellent, and the room rate for our guests was very reasonable. All in all our guests had a great time and couldn't stop talking about the view and the Hotel itself. The only somewhat negative comment I will make is that your Banquet Manager will not be your best friend. If you keep that in mind going into it and remember that ultimately it's the end product that is most important, you will be fine. While there can be some difficultly with communication from time to time, in the end, the reception will be great and everything promised will be delivered on, which is what is most important.

We recommend the Sheration National (Pentagon City) if you are looking for a venue with an amazing view of DC from the ballroom on top of the hotel, have great food, and a great place for your guests to say at a good value for the area both in terms of the reception costs and the costs for your guests to stay at the hotel.

Sent on 09/11/2012

3.8
      3.0

A great value for the location. The hotel worked well with our vendors and the wedding was a big hit. The food surpassed our expectations and we still get compliments from our guests about it. Leading up to the wedding date, we hit road blocks with our menu, rooms for our wedding guests, and space for our sitter. There were many frustrations but we're glad it all ended beautifully.
    I'd recommend it for the diligent bride who can stay on top of all those details.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Jimmy Edmonds · Married on 10/13/2018

3.6

Decent price and flexible

Overall, our experience was good. The team is very professional, the price isn't that bad, the view is amazing, and everyone is extremely flexible. We did have some issues with the turnover of the catering manager. Over the course of 18 months of planning we went through 4 managers. End the end, the one we ended with was amazing and we couldn't have asked for a better day of team.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Janelle · Married on 07/28/2007

2.5
      2.0

The coordinator at this hotel was just not on top of completely everything. I would have to say that this was average. I was very upset about the fact that the chairs in our wedding ceremony did not have white chair covers.

Sent on 02/09/2008

Laura · Married on 01/17/2015

1.4
      1.0

I never expected to be writing a review like this about the Pentagon City Sheraton. When searching for a hotel for my wedding party and guests I was very pleased with the Sheraton. I worked with Cory Sullivan on reserving a block of rooms and was impressed with her courteous, timely, and effective communication skills. Unfortunately, a few months later I was notified that Cory was no longer with the Sheraton and was introduced to her replacement, Laura Zuniga. From that point on, the quality of service I received decreased exponentially. There were numerous issues with my room block that I had to resolve, and Laura never seemed to fully have a grasp on the situation. This culminated when my booking link went down shortly after invitations went out. I was receiving numerous calls from guests, who I had directed to the website, who could not book. I reached out to Laura and her employee Denise several times by phone and e-mail for over a week with no reply. Finally, I called the hotel's main number and explained my situation to whoever picked up the phone. Thankfully, this person was understanding and found Denise and had her take my call. Denise informed me that she had been off-site at training for the last 7 days and wasn't checking e-mail. I'm very surprised that the Sheraton thinks its acceptable to have their employees not checking e-mail for over a week, with no out of office reply directing their clients to another staff member. It's laughable to me what a nightmare something as simple as reserving hotel rooms has become. I would stay away from this hotel at all costs--save your stress for the important things--a block of rooms should not be one of them!!

Sent on 11/04/2014
  • I

Ritu · Married on 05/27/2007

1.4
      1.0

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The banquet manager rarely responded to our emails and occasionally, she was pleasant but otherwise was often very rude. We had to continually demand everything in writing because she continually made promises which were not carried out. A week before our wedding, another wedding was booked in our reception space and we were not given any choice in the matter. During the wedding, numerous things went wrong and without my wedding planner, this could have been a complete disaster. Would highly recommend against this venue.

Sent on 06/04/2008

Danica · Married on 02/21/2009

0.5
      0.5
      1.5

We ended up going elsewhere following our visit to this venue. The upstairs ballroom view was not as described, you have a view of the pentagon, but literally are above a residential neighborhood. The view of the highway is excellent, but not what we expected to be the highlight of the room. The size measurements we were given were very false, the space is small and looks to only fit 100 -115/120 comfortably. The downstairs large ballroom, the banquet manager was not flexible in offering us the entire space even after we explained our party size. The Sheraton seems to prefer cramming people into these ballrooms and does not seem flexible on the menu either, which was another big aspect in our choosing of a location. We wanted a flexible menu to be able to customize as we would like, the prices were outrageous in comparison to other hotels offering simialr views in similar locations. This was just not the space for us. Shop around first.

Sent on 05/10/2009

behnaz · Married on 10/02/2010

0.0

Do not have your wedding here unless you are prepared to do everything yourself and triple check everything. We picked this hotel because of its ambiance and amazing location. The actual hotel staff is very nice but the sales and catering office is the worst. These are the highlights to what happened:

1. Betsy Jones double booked two events, our wedding and another conference on the same day. We only found out when we called. We asked for a different date and we're told to give them time that the other client is very important and they might cancel. We gave them a month, meanwhile having deposits on our vendors and were given the cold shoulder when we asked the status. She interrupted me when asking and told me that she gets it, that’s an important day. The worst service I have ever seen much less as client planning my wedding. At that point, we had no choice but to email the general manager where our concern was moved to her boss, the director of sales and catering Donna Vaughn. I completely agree with the other review that we were given many promises that were not kept.

2. Reservations were all switched to a different date, glitch in their system.

3. Points that were promised to us were not given and no response or exclamation about the points system.

4. Director of catering was very rude to our guests and vendors where our vendors did not want to work with her.

5. Every request we made only happened after we asked for several times.

6. The light with our names for the wedding was not ordered in time by the director and they lied to us that it was dropped on that day, we later found out it wasn't ordered in time by the hotel.

7. The amount that was to be refunded to us never was refunded, my husband has left numerous emails and phone messages, we just received the refund still $100 short of the amount of refund.

8. We finally had enough and emailed the general manager, he too never emailed or contacted us back, big surprise.

The list goes on and on. They tried to make up for it by giving us free linens but seriously at the end of the day we just wanted peace of mind. I will say that the front desk and banquet staff was good but the sales and catering staff is ran by middle aged woman who have a chip on their shoulder and should not be in the wedding business. Thank god, I have hands on groom who did allot but I would not recommend using this hotel unless the entire team in their office changes. feel free to email me at behnaz4@yahoo.com if you need help, I hate for any other bride to go through this horrific experience as the wedding has past over 3 weeks ago, we still do not have the refund told by us and our points for any of our guests stay. Advice: make sure to get everything in writing. I wish you the best.

Pros: Great ambiance and location

Sent on 10/20/2010