Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort and Water’s Edge Reviews

Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort and Water’s Edge 5
Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort and Water’s Edge 6
Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort and Water’s Edge 7

terry · Married on 11/11/2016

Everyone & Everything at Sheepscot Harbour is amazing. The food, accommodations & personal attentiveness has been second to none. I highly recommend this venue to anyone planning their wedding. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Sean · Married on 09/18/2016

Everything was FANTASTIC! All the guests loved everything, the staff was very hospitable and respectful. Staff made sure we enjoyed everything. There aren't enough words to show out gratitude and how awesome the staff was. THANK YOU!

Michelle · Married on 09/18/2016

The staff and the resort was absolutely wonderful. With such a stressful time they made everything easy to handle. From last minute changes to the food, everything was perfect!

Mindy · Married on 09/18/2016

You made our evening easy and flawless! We so appreciate all you have done to make our celebration even better!
    Thank you! We will send friends here!!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort and spa has been very accommodating. Throughout the hiccups of the day they were willing and able to roll with the punches to make the day as special as possible.

Sent on 08/06/2016

Tom,Tony Isabella were all amazing. They have all been so helpful. We appreciate everything they have done to make our special day perfect everything we have asked
    has been taken care of in a timely manner.the facility is well taken care of and the lodging is beautiful. Thank you for all your help!

Sent on 07/31/2016
  • User6759481 · event on 05/21/2016

I was there with a small group for a convention. The staff and food was excellent. I have been to many conventions and the food at Sheepscot Harbour was the best I have had in a long time. Tony took care of us and was very professional. I feel the staff went above and beyond our expectations.
    The rooms and cabins were very comfortable. I had a two bedroom cabin that overlooked the river. It was very comfortable and had all the amenities of home. They have comfortable chairs on the porch where you can watch the river flow. There was internet up in the main rooms but my cabin did not have internet. I really did not miss it as the area had much to offer. A wedding was being held at the resort and it appeared that the wedding went off very well. They have an outside gazebo by the edge of the river where the outside weddings are held. There is a private boat dock where you can dock a boat if you have one.
    This place is great for a romantic getaway, wedding or convention. A couple or a group would enjoy staying here. It is close to everything, yet a quiet place to relax. I would definitely stay here again.

Sent on 05/26/2016

Chris · Married on 05/19/2016

These folks are most accommodating, efficient, friendly, and cheerful. I recommend them without reservation!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Sherri · Married on 03/03/2016

As Chairman of the Wiscasset Area of Commerce, I can't rave enough about our experience with Water's Edge Banquet Facility! They have hosted our Annual Dinner for four years now and each year it gets better and better (if that's even possible)! The food is top quality, the staff is professional and courteous and the facility itself is beautiful. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to plan a wedding or hold any event. Keep doing what you're doing Tony!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Bridget · Married on 10/06/2015

A beautiful location and wonderful experience! Tony and his staff took care of all the details so we could just enjoy ourselves and our guests. The food was delicious and the room itself is beautifully decorated. And with many of our guests from out of town, it was so convenient to have them stay at the Resort. They could walk from the venue to their rooms after the reception--and during their stay, it was a short walk across the bridge into town for restaurants and shopping. We would definitely recommend the Resort to anyone!
    Bridget and Randall Miller

Sent on 04/21/2016

Lori · Married on 10/03/2015

Our events at Waters Edge included a welcome cocktail party on Thursday night in the small upstairs room with use of the roof deck, a rehearsal dinner with cocktail hour and buffet for 100 on the main floor Friday night and a small family buffet brunch for 30 on Sunday morning. The wedding itself took place across the river at Marianmade Farm in Wiscasset. The renovations recently done at Waters Edge have been a huge upgrade to the color scheme and to the furnishings of the function rooms. Every event was set up as I had requested. The food was delicious, hot and ready on time. Every single person whether in the office, behind the bar, cooking in the kitchen or helping with set up and housekeeping was incredibly nice and accommodating. As the mother of the groom, I appreciated all the work that was done so that I did not have to worry about anything once the weekend arrived! I would highly recommend holding your functions here. A big Thank You to all at SHR!

Sent on 10/12/2015

J · Married on 07/29/2015

will never forget how everyone at Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort and Spa made a very special day Magical! Tony (the owner) was Fantastic! He did everything to accommodate our requests. If he couldn't, he came up with an alternative. Our Rehearsal Dinner was held on the second level of the Reception Hall. With most of our guests already staying on grounds, we decided to really enjoy ourselves and the wonderful site. We even had a Pre-Party before the Rehearsal Dinner at one of the cabins. This pushed back the schedule for the night big time. However, the staff was very patient, professional and understanding. We partied all night long and took it back to a cabin after. They helped make a very hectic night Unforgettable, in a Great way!! Our Ceremony was on site as well. Perfect. Tony made sure the menu was perfect and that we stayed within our budget. Tracy worked tirelessly with our out of town and local guests. Tracy made sure they (difficult guests or not) had a comfortable Resort experience. We feel blessed. We found a great venue for many more celebrations to come. Best of all, we gained Family. A HUGE Thank you to Tony and his lovely wife. A Special Thank you to Tracy Clark and the Entire staff! We can not drive by without stopping in to say hello....see you soon! Thanks again for a memorable day.

Sent on 04/19/2016

Sir, I wanted to make you aware of the excellent service my family and I have received from Tracy at your facility. We have been renting a unit for a week each summer (and again in the fall this year) for many years and she has been remarkable in responsiveness, assistance with any issues which may arise, and effectiveness in service to the public. She is an excellent representative for your company, and I have recommended to many friends and colleagues to stay at your facility due to her personality and efficiency. Of course, we love the facility and its location, but the combination with her business manner makes us come back each year.

Sent on 04/19/2016

Totally responsive to the mood and character of the event. Everyone was very relaxed and satisfied (150 people). The food was outstanding!

Sent on 04/22/2016

Skip · Married on 12/12/2015

For the last two years we have had our company Xmas party at Waters Edge. This past year we were on the on the upper function room since the lower room had already been booked and we could not change our date. Tony and Tracy were great and provided an awesome buffet meal with more food then we could eat. (Thus a lot of take home). Several of our employees stayed right on the property in wonderful accomodations! I can't say enough about what agreat place this is and the staff was very professional. The owner takes pride in putting on a memorable time.

Sent on 04/19/2016

My company recently merged with another company and we held a Meet and Greet to get to know our new partners/fellow team members. We chose to go with a buffet dinner with appetizers. The food was all very good, the service was excellent and all that at a very reasonable cost.

Kelly · Married on 06/25/2016

The food and set up were WONDERFUL and the carriage was a nice surprise. I was frustrated that when I arrived nothing in the reception space had been set up yet, but overall the weekend went very well. One suggestion would be to put full length mirrors in the cottages so that people can see their whole outfit. Everyone was very helpful including Tony especially. Thank you!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Tara · Married on 08/13/2016

3.5

*abbreviated* If you are willing to stay on top of your wedding planning & ask a lot of questions, this is a really nice, cost-friendly option for someone who is looking to have their whole family relaxing around them for a few days instead of “8 hours & get out.” SVHR did include a free overnight stay in December where you could meet their preferred vendors (which landed us some significant discounts) & that also gave us the opportunity to lock in some other contracts before the bridal shows started. I like their policy of 1 wedding/weekend.
    SVHR has a great attitude, unfortunately, I wish the “we’ll make it right” attitude didn’t have to come into play so much, because that caused a lot of frustration for both my husband & me throughout the planning process, as well as our guests who were spending the weekend with us. It seems like Tracy (Manager) had most of the knowledge in her head, & I wish that the computer system had been more up to date with notes for the whole staff to access so that there wasn’t a need for her to have to fix everything. She was phenomenal to work with, but that is a LOT of stress to put on one person.
    SVHR is Not readily handicap accessible, ie: rooms, rehearsal dinner location, bi-level reception dinner floor plan, etc. SVHR was very honest about the fact that the wedding business has expanded rapidly from 8 to 40 per year in just a few short years, & in addition to that it looks like they are trying to expand the overall rental & condo sales. Some of the guest cabin issues included our guests calling & requesting a 4 BR cabin, & being rented a “future 4BR cabin” that did not have the renovations completed by the time they checked in. Additionally, the rental software kicked out some guest reservations just prior to check-in that had been in the system for probably at least 9 months.
    At the end of the day though, did our guests leave saying that this was the best wedding they had been to all year a/o ever? YES.

Sent on 08/28/2016

Cerina · event on 02/27/2016

We hosted our annual fundraising ball with Water's Edge for the 2nd year in a row. We are very happy with their level of service and appreciation to us for hosting our event there. The cabins are beautiful and the event space is gorgeous now that it's been painted. Their tables and chairs are top notch and its been a great space for us!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Erica · Married on 07/22/2017

1.5
      1.0

The facility was perfect for our wedding, however it was the employees we had a difficult time with. The food was amazing, and everyone raved about it. It was nice they boxed up our leftovers and allowed us to take them home. However, Margret was a difficult person to do business with. They would not allow us to setup until the day of the wedding, which I was firm and stated that was not possible to do. She did allow early setup for a couple hours two days before. I stated to her I just wanted a run through of how things go during the outside ceremony. As far as where people stand and the best place to walk from. She explained she than told me she wasn't a wedding planner, but planned everything and said a wedding planner was an additional 300.00! It was upsetting when I just wanted some sort of direction. During the reception she told other employees my wedding family and I were high maintenance. Which was extremely upsetting. They started taking down my decorations at 8:30 when the wedding ended at 10pm. Therefore people felt pushed to leave. We were also told a man would be taken care of the bridal party during the wedding. A bridesmaid needed something from the cottage. Apparently, the kid was not allowed to use the golf cart. Margret was going to leave and ended up hitting the golf cart intentionally with my bridesmaids. She than yelled at the young man and told him to clock out. When he went to clock out another lady from the kitchen began screaming at him in front of people at my wedding who were standing outside. It was very unprofessional.

Sent on 08/24/2017

Kate · Married on 08/27/2016

2.0

I was very unimpressed by the Sheepscot Harbor Resort, which is unfortunate. I got married at Marianmade Farm in nearby Wiscasset and had the majority of my guests stay at the Sheepscot. The rooms were not clean upon arrival, but the larger issue was that nearly all of the reservations (that guests had made months in advance and paid non-refundable deposits toward) were not guaranteed. Guests did not end up in the rooms that they booked and the majority of the rooms were in disrepair, truly dirty upon arrival. Guests booked particular rooms for certain reasons (location, proximity to gazebo, number of bathrooms) and despite all my best efforts to triple-check everything in the months leading up to the wedding (over and over) I was very disappointed that so much went wrong with the reservations during the actual wedding weekend. In fact, some guests were given the wrong rooms, despite prior bookings, and rooms that were in such awful condition that they actually had to leave and travel back home because they were not able to stay over. It's a beautiful location but they really need to work on upgrading their reservation system.

Sent on 01/06/2017

Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort and Water’s Edge's reply:

We do remember your wedding and guests very well and are very sorry to hear after all this time since your wedding and us going above and beyond to make all happy by giving special discounts, free rooms and half price buffets
    and so much more that your still dissatisfied. Especially when we didn't do anything wrong to begin with . We can honestly say this is the most unorganized wedding party stay we have ever held.. We hold thirty plus weddings a year here and as you can see by our reviews all are very happy,.

Katie · Married on 09/08/2017

3.0

Lack of communication when the vendor changed the wedding planner on 3 different occasions. We were originally told that if we didn't have the 100 guests that we had predicted we would be refunded some money, but because it was the new managements rule(again lack of communication) we were not refunded money but instead we were given some more food options on our menu. Also the honeymoon suite was dirty and it appeared no one had clean in between guests. The staff and food were amazing! The day of the wedding went smoothly and without any problem! It's a very beautiful venue also and all of our guests loved it!!!

Sent on 09/30/2017
    Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort and Water’s Edge 22
    Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort and Water’s Edge 23

Erin · Married on 06/10/2017

1.5

Terrible and stressful experience with this venue planning our wedding.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Cheryl · Married on 10/10/2015

1.4
      0.5

Although the wedding ceremony was wonderful, the reception went well until the owner left. The menu was to have 3 entrees (pork, Pasta, and stuffed haddock). The week before the venue it was changed to 200 lobster tails split and wrapped in bacon. That should have provided 400 pieces. They were leftovers from another event! A single tray was served on our head table. We never received our hors d'oeuvres to be served outside while we had our photos taken after the ceremony.We were originally told the bar would last for the duration of the event. It was closed at 7:30. The guest bags were never delivered to the rooms. I went to the office to retrieve them and passed them out myself. The rooms were not a "block".
    The coordinator changed 3 different times from the original booking. We ended up with a gentleman named Tom. We had Tony called in about the table layout on Friday night. Tom was in my face threatening me several times. He also told David that if we did have Tony come to discuss the matter that we would not have a venue for the wedding Saturday. When he closed the reception down Tom told me it was because they needed to get ready for a brunch the next day. It was not our fault that a brunch had been scheduled the next morning. Tom was the only one whom was unruly to the point of assaulting one of our guests. He pushed our best man not once, but twice!! All the best man did was ask why Tom was closing down when we were supposed to have the venue until 10 p.m. He cut our DJ off in the middle of singing a song. As I stated to Tony, nothing changed after he left. It was not because of guests acting out or drinking in cars. That was Tom’s attempt to cover his actions. We have the DJ, his Father, our guests, and a few employees as witnesses.
    David and I feel that we should receive a 1/3 discount on the food, and the last two and a half hours we paid on the venue and DJ. We are still negotiating almost two months later...

Sent on 11/28/2015

Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort and Water’s Edge's reply:

Waters Edge & Sheepscot Resort are deeply sorry for upsetting any of our lovely brides or guests .
    Maine law states that people that are shut of at the bar because of intoxication are not allowed to drink in the parking lot and smoke weed.
    Check us out on the Trip Advisor button and you will see why we are rated so high.