{SHE} Shayla Hawkins Events Reviews

41 | Pittsburgh, PA

41 Reviews for {SHE} Shayla Hawkins Events

41 {SHE} Shayla Hawkins Events Reviews

Kaylen · Married on 07/29/2017

LITERALLY- CANNOT EXPRESS MY GRATITUDE ENOUGH!!! Shayla and her team of rockstars made my day a dream. From the beginning, Shayla was on top of communication with me and my vendors, allowed me to express my vision and she helped me make that a reality. Our wedding day was so perfect its surreal! There was not a moment of time wasted, the day after, guests told us that they felt like timing was so perfect and that the day ran so smoothly. People kept telling us they wish we could do it all again!! I am SO happy that I chose to work with Shayla- if you hire her for your day you will have no worries!!!

Kelsey · Married on 11/05/2016

I worked with Alexis for my 11/5/16 Lemont wedding. I used her for day-of services and design. All I can say is, WOW. There is no way the wedding would have been half as beautiful or seamless without her. She was so easy to work with, and she helped us with so many things I never would have thought of. I cannot express how much easier my wedding day was because she was running things - I didn't have to worry about a single thing that day.

Design:

Alexis helped us with everything from save the dates, to linens, to flowers, to welcome bags. Everything was GORGEOUS. Alexis knows what she's doing and knows what will look good. For example, I really wanted chair covers, but Alexis recommended doing linens on the tables instead (the Lemont had an option we could have used). I was unsure at first, but the linens looked incredible, and everyone commented on them. I can honestly say our wedding was one of the most beautiful weddings I've been to, and it was all due to Alexis's amazing eye and attention to detail.

Day-of:

Alexis handled EVERYTHING. She met with us about a month out from the wedding and helped us go through the timeline for the day. She coordinated with all of the vendors to make sure everyone knew what was going on and where they were supposed to be. The morning of the wedding she brought us our breakfast, and then she made sure everything else went smoothly. If anything went wrong, I don't know about it because she handled it! One of the nicest features was that she took all of our cards, gifts, and anything that belonged to us and dropped it off at the hotel so we didn't have to worry about it at the end of the night.

Overall, GREAT experience.

Nick · Married on 10/29/2016

Amazing partner for all aspects of wedding planning. Our wedding would not have happened without Shayla. She came highly recommended and exceeded our expectations. From selecting vendors to making last minute appointments and changes to coordinating day of activities, Shayla handled every detail with a smile and acted as a calming presence. We consider her a friend and look forward to catching up!

Caryn · Married on 07/30/2016

I only wish there were 10 stars!!! We hired Alexis Maddox of SHE upon our daughter's engagement and it was the single best thing we did in creating just the wedding she envisioned and we were hoping for. Alexis is a gem! She is friendly, engaging, energetic beyond belief, talented, supportive, creative, organized to a T, and just a dear! She makes you feel as if you are her only client. She was there from the beginning to help us select the very best vendors (each and every one was better than we could have hoped for!), she supported us throughout with bi-weekly phone calls, prompt responses to our varied emails and meeting when needed. She offered suggestions throughout, and was always at the ready when a question arose. She made the entire process so much fun and it culminated in a magical wedding. Alexis and her team allowed us to truly enjoy every minute of wedding. We felt certain everything was being handled and whatever would come up she would take care of . Alexis eludes a such a calming and supportive presence and makes you feel as she has your back and is your biggest cheerleader seeing to the success of your event. And a success it was! I will always remain grateful for her help and support!!!!!

Alyssa · Married on 07/30/2016

Alexis was perfect!!! She exceeded my expectations for what a wedding planning can provide and helped my wedding day exceed my expectations as well. One of the first things my fiancé and I told her was that we wanted to feel like guests at our own wedding and be truly stress free on that day. Thanks to Alexis and her team, that was truly accomplished. Everyone warns you to prepare that something on your wedding day will go wrong, but having Alexis at the helm took away all my nerves nor was I ever exposed to any issues that may have popped up throughout the day.

More so, she was able to execute our wedding day vision even better than I imagined it in my head. Everything was put together so well and every detail was perfectly executed. Alexis was our biggest asset during the wedding planning process. She was always very responsive to all our emails and phone calls, super organized, and helped keep us on track throughout the entire year. During our phone calls and meetings, she made you feel like you were her only client. She has an amazing ability to remember all the small details and was able to suggest ideas and vendors that were tailored towards our overall vision. Plus, she is just the nicest person! She is so sweet and her cheery personality was the bright light that kept wedding planning stress free.

Our wedding was the biggest event of our lives and I would happily entrust it to Alexis and the SHE team all over again. Thanks for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

I honestly cannot put into words how amazing Shayla is! I could go on and on but I will get to the point - she is professional, knows what she is doing, is responsive and her ideas are more than I could ever come up with!

As with most brides - you don't know all of the questions to ask vendors/how to deal with them/contracts/ etc... Shayla made our entire planning process stress free - honestly!! I was never stressed - more excited and antsy than anything!

Our wedding would not have even been close to how amazing it turned out if it weren't for Shayla and her team. Every single detail was put together so perfectly. They are the best in this business for a reason.

I would recommend them to anyone looking to plan an event - large or small!

Kristen · Married on 07/09/2016

Shayla and (SHE) are a MUST!

Where to begin? I interviewed so many wedding planners before hiring Shayla. I hired her because she was so professional and I knew this girl was going to get the job done. She was serious and passionate about what she does. Throughout the planning process she introduced me to vendors I didn't know existed and really worked with me on my budget. I could go on and on about all of the meetings we had and vendors we met together leading up to the wedding and how great she was. A lot of my friends already got married and they all told me, "Oh you wait until two weeks before. You will be pulling your hair out!" I was a little stressed but Shayla had every. little. detail in place and followed up on everything. I was stressed at all - except for the popcorn my fiancé forgot. I gave him one job, lol!
    The day of the wedding was literally like a dream. It could not have gone smoother and I owe it all to Shayla and her team. I could literally go on and on. One of the members of the band accidentally told me to throw the bouquet. I didn't realize everything is a photo op. As I'm getting ready to toss the bouquet I see Shayla and the photographer sprinting full speed ahead to make sure I had a great photo. It was one of my most laughable memories from the wedding! The next morning I woke up and told everyone it was the best day of my life and I owe it all to Shayla. She was the first person I called that morning to thank her for such a great wedding and memory. I cannot say enough about her and her team!!! Hire this girl, you won't be disappointed!!

Beth · Married on 05/21/2016

I don't even know where to begin with how amazing SHE was for our wedding day. We worked with Alexis and she brought my entire vision to life! Most importantly my now husband and I enjoyed every minute of the wedding planning process. She lead us to the most amazing vendors that meshed with our personalities so well. The entire day was a dream come true and I felt so calm knowing Alexis was there. Her team worked so hard and allowed me to just have FUN!! Working with SHE was the best decision we made for our wedding day!

Barb · Married on 05/21/2016

Alexis from Shayla Hawkins was the wedding planner for our wedding. She was just amazing. She is so talented, very organized, and very calm. Our entire wedding planning was very calm and I credit our wedding planner, Alexis. She helped direct us to all of the best vendors, a beautiful church, and the day of wedding she coordinated all of the transportation etc. No hassles for the bride at all. Her creativity added many special touches including the gold scrolls in champagne glasses for the seating chart. We did not use her for everything as you can select the services you think you will need. She also saves you costs as she knows the best places to order invitations, accessories etc. We also became friends. She is the best and made my whole wedding experience amazing. Highly recommend

Ryan · Married on 10/03/2015

If you’re considering hiring a wedding planner, look no further. Seriously. Alexis Maddox is not only professional, thoughtful, and incredibly talented at what she does, she’s one of the nicest and most genuine people you’ll ever meet. It’s not just that she has an amazing eye for detail and the ability to bring to life any ideas you might have about your wedding (no matter how seemingly obscure or disparate they may be), it’s how she goes about it – responsive, respectful, and tactful. She made the process as stress-free as can be, especially on our wedding day.

Full disclosure: we had no intention of hiring a wedding planner, but instead were looking for a day-of coordinator. We hit the ground running when we got engaged. We’d immediately found our venue, hired our caterer, and hired our band. When we started to consider how difficult it would be to handle the logistics of bringing this all together, we figured we should talk to some potential day-of coordinators who might also be able to assist in some small capacity with pulling off some details. We met with (interviewed, really) 5 different planners/coordinators and while we have no doubt that any of them would have done the job quite well, Alexis was in another league entirely. We quickly changed our minds from originally wanting just a coordinator and brought Alexis on to help with everything else we had left to do in the final year leading up to our wedding. We knew from our first meeting that she would elevate our wedding to something we couldn’t even have imagined. And that’s exactly what happened.

We really can’t recommend her enough and can’t possibly heap enough praise on her or the rest of the incredible team at SHE. Hiring and working with Alexis was the best decision we made in planning our wedding. Our only wish is that we could host more huge events so that we could have the privilege of working with Alexis again.

Emily · Married on 06/27/2015

Shayla is a truly AMAZING wedding planner. With having very hectic work schedules, and with the ideas for our venue space, we knew we had to hire a wedding planner. As soon as we met Shayla, we knew she would be perfect. We could not have been more right. From the moment we hired her, she was beyond attentive to our every needs, making sure everything was getting done even ahead of schedule. She helped us find the most amazing vendors in Pittsburgh, and knew exactly what we wanted as a couple. She is with you every step of the way, and makes the planning process stress free!

My husband and I had a general idea of what we wanted our wedding to look like, but Shayla and her team made it come to life! They did a phenomenal job flipping our ceremony space to the reception area in just a little over an hour! I was blown away by their work and their attention to detail. I could not have planned a more perfect day. She took care of every single detail and I was able to enjoy every minute of my wedding. Shayla even packed up all of our stuff and delivered it to our hotel room!

Shayla is a truly amazing person and so easy to work with! She cares about you and making sure all of your thoughts are heard. She has truly become a dear friend, and I could not have done it without her. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone planning a wedding! You will not be disappointed!

Emily · Married on 10/18/2014

Shayla made the impossible possible and we could not have planned our wedding without her. Originally when we started planning our wedding, we didn't think we needed a wedding planner. As the date began to draw closer, we began to become overwhelmed by all of the decisions that needed to be made. We realized we need someone who could pull together the details and create a beautiful, cohesive wedding that truly reflected us as a couple. Shayla helped execute our vision for the wedding.

Our day was beautiful and truly represented us as a couple. She knew the right vendors to pull in for all facets of our wedding. Whether we need stationary, chairs, linens, or hair and makeup, she found the best.

In some areas, my husband and I didn't have a clear vision of what we wanted and were overwhelmed by the options. Shayla took those areas and made everything beautiful.

On the day of the wedding I didn't have to think about a single detail. Shayla and her team kept us on track with everything! The day was completely seamless, and as the bride, I was able to be in the moment and enjoy every second of that day without worrying about any of the details.

Shayla and her team anticipated what we needed and were there before we could even think about it. She made our wedding day absolutely fantastic.

Lindsey · Married on 10/11/2014

Alexis Maddox was my Day of Coordinator, and so much more. Not only was she the main force in executing our wedding day in a flawless fashion, but she was in communication regularly with me leading up to the day of. Her experience and professionalism is top notch and she is someone who has all of the answers to any questions you have; she has been there, experienced it and dealt with it with more class and poise than anyone you've ever met. From start to finish, Alexis Maddox was the perfect professional planner, not to mention one of the kindest and sweetest people I've ever met. You'd be foolish to hire literally, anybody else.

Patrice · Married on 10/04/2014

Where do I even begin? With SHE, my husband and I planned and executed the wedding of our dreams! We knew we would definitely need a professional wedding planner for our large wedding and reception. We researched for wedding planners thoroughly, and once we came across SHE'S website, we knew we found gold! Shayla was the lead on our wedding, and she went above and beyond for us! From initial consult meetings to phone calls to texts and emails---Shayla was completely detailed, professional and she took our vision and elevated it. We gained so much more than a wedding planner. We gained a confidante who was fully invested in our love and dream for our wedding. SHE kept us on track with everything! The day of was completely seamless, and as the bride, I was able to be in the moment and enjoy every second of that day without worrying about any of the details thanks to SHE. Our wedding was perfect! It was a real-life fairy tale! We had been in the banquet room of our reception venue several times prior, and with the design from SHE it felt as though it was a completely new space to us. So many of our guests commented that it was the best wedding and reception they had ever been to. SHE is worth every penny! I look forward to our next event that we can hire SHE to plan!

Julie · Married on 08/30/2014

Alexis was incredible to work with. She was creative, full of positive energy, and flexible yet highly organized. She made our wedding beautiful and memorable!

• User3620172 · 2+ years ago

There are no words for what Shayla did for my wedding! She was priceless and my wedding could not have been the picture perfect event it turned out to be without her! She was always so prompt responding to emails, phone calls, and texts. She not only organized the entire event flawlessly, she also contributed unique and amazing ideas that gave my wedding extra special touches. Shayla was worth every penny and if you are considering using a wedding coordinator, you have to use Shayla! Shayla was born to do this work! A million thanks to her and her team!!

Sent on 07/28/2014

{SHE} Shayla Hawkins Events's reply:

Thank you so much for these lovely comments! It warms my heart to know that myself and team have exceeded expectations; after all that's exactly what we set out to do everytime. So blessed to work with wonderful couples and families. Would this happen to be the Jackson (Costello) family?

We were planning our wedding from out of town and we are so glad that we had Alexis Maddox from SHE working with us. Alexis is incredibly professional and talented. We wanted a 1920s prohibition style reception without it appearing too "theme-y." Alexis was able to work with our ideas and come up with so many great concepts of her own! And not only did she have great ideas - she was able to execute them perfectly. During our wedding day, she made sure everything went smoothly and communicated with everyone. Without a doubt, Alexis has the experience, patience, and creativity to work with any couple on their wedding day. Thank you so much SHE!

Amanda · Married on 03/22/2014

From the start to AFTER the finish, Shayla Hawkins Events was always one step ahead and made planning my wedding a BLAST. I was planning from out of state and only made two weekend trips while planning my wedding (not even needed, the vendors Alexis selected were perfect for our style and incredibly talented). I was a little clueless about everything that goes into a wedding and I looked forward to Alexis occasional updates to keep my on my timeline. It's hard to review everything SHE did because it was literally EVERYTHING. Amazing vendor connections but no pressure if you want more options or to pick your own. Hand addressed Save The Dates and Invites, collaborating with the stationary designer the entire way. Rehearsal dinner organization, weekend schedule help, transportation arrangement for both days, out-of-town bags (construction, delivery), meeting with vendors to give feedback, construction to final touches of the space, vendor payment and tips...

Alexis and the team at SHE will give you the wedding of your dreams. They will take care of every detail so that you can focus only on what matters to you. Hiring this team was the best and only decision I had to make to throw a wedding my family and friends will be talking about forever.

Shayla was the first vendor we chose. I met with many wedding planners and it wasn't till I met with Shayla that I was sold on hiring a planner. She immediately got our vision. She worked with us to find the best vendors that fit our budget and our overall wedding look. Rather than wasting time meeting with vendors that wouldn't work or were out of budget, Shayla took the time to get to know us and only recommended people that would be a good fit. The day of our wedding was flawless. I was so calm knowing that Shayla and Alexis would be there the whole day. I was able to spend my morning/day with my family and friends getting ready. By the time of the ceremony and reception, I was in awe of the look and feel that Shayla put together for our wedding. SHE was the best thing we spent money on because she provided us peace of mind during our entire planning process and wedding.

Nikki · Married on 08/30/2013

Alexis was a pleasure to work with, she went above and beyond to make my special day perfect! I would highly recommend her for any event!

Marlaina · Married on 02/23/2013

Alexis from SHE was fantastic. I don't know how I ever would have done it without her. Not only did she keep me on budget during the whole planning process, she was able to add her professional input on how to handle certain situations. Although we had her on a tight budget, we were able to put on a beautiful wedding without having to cut any corners. The days prior to the wedding when the bride and her family are normally running around like crazy decorating and running errands, I was able to focus on myself and my wedding party while Alexis did it all. Her expertise left me at ease because I knew everything was taken care of and would like beautiful. My hairdresser said I was the most calm bride he's ever dealt with and I owe that all to Alexis and SHE. She was able to take my vision and make it above and beyond what I would have thought possible. SHE was well worth the investment as I know I would have spent at least that in budget overages and mistakes.

Sunshine · Married on 10/20/2012

SHE for wedding planning services is the BEST decision we could have ever made. Our day was absolutely perfect & beautiful in every way. We had a fall wedding outdoors at Succop Conservancy in Butler PA & hired SHE for its "Style me Pretty" design & coordination service. I found them in Dec2011 & we began planning in Jan2012. SHE went above & beyond from conception through completion & with the highest taste & style. Key evaluation factors that give this firm our highest recommendation: Quality, Technical Excellence, Timeliness, Business Relations, Customer Satisfaction. Plus SHE clearly demonstrated an exceptional performance level in pulling this event together overall. We & our guests remember our wedding day as "classy & beautiful". If only we could do it again! We can only hope to hire SHE for all of our future major life milestone events (showers, anniversaries, birthdays, etc.) SHE and specifically Mrs. Shayla Hawkins was a true professional & even became a dear friend throughout the entire experience. She was by our side throughout, kept our planning on point, is resourceful, & most experienced & knowledgeable. A trustworthy reliable planning professional.

Christine · Married on 09/08/2012

Shayla and her team were unbelievable! I came to Shayla with an unusual wedding event idea, a few words to describe what I was going for and a picture. She got it and ran with it! The day was incredible and I didn't have to stress about a thing. And she helped me find vendors who fit within a budget. Everything was beautiful and everyone was so impressed. I've received many compliments on Shayla and her team from guests and I've been told it was an unforgettable wedding! SHE is awesome!!

Michelle · Married on 08/04/2012

She was absolutely amazing! I could not have pulled this off in any way myself. Every single last detail was taken care of. I felt like I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner. She made this a joy to plan and kept everything on track. There are not enough words to express my gratitude and thanks for what a wonderful job that' was done. There is not a single thing that could have been done differently I gave her my idea of a dream wedding and she mad it happen!

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2012

I was excited about planning my wedding and had lots of ideas about DIY projects and the like. But, I was worried that on the day of I would never have time to execute all of the details I was envisioning. We hired Alexis to be our planner for the decorative elements of the wedding. Originally, I thought it would be great to have her help me set up on the day of. Then, she did so much more. She scheduled meetings with vendors, including my florist, who she suggested and who I would never have thought to use on my own, and who was simply amazing and incredibly affordable. She constantly emailed back and forth with me, sending me pictures of things she had come across, offering suggestions, and reminding me to do things. Then, on the weekend of my wedding, she spent the entire day on Friday (in extreme heat) organizing the set up, hanging chandeliers, making sure we had everything we needed, and remaining a calm, positive presence. At one point we needed a ladder, she set off to find one, and five minutes later I saw her walking through the field single-handedly caring a 20 foot ladder. On Saturday, the day of my wedding, Alexis and the entire SHE team were at my venue early in the morning. I am a bit of a control freak, and I did not believe I could be a calm bride on my wedding day, but I completely trusted Alexis and her team, and rightfully so. Everything that they did was perfect, even better than I had imagined it. And even though Alexis was responsible for the decorative aspects of the wedding, she was on top of everything else -- the caterers, the bars, where the DJ would be set up, etc -- staying at our wedding for the entirety of the day. She truly went above and beyond what was expected of her. Also, Alexis was just a pleasure to work with. She was friendly, fun, and made me feel totally comfortable the minute I met her. I highly recommend Alexis and SHE!!