Shay Brown Events Reviews

• Nidhi

Nidhi · Married on 07/26/2019

Best Wedding Rockstars!

Hi Amy and Shay,

Just wanted to send over a thank you from our entire family! You all were unbelievably so sweet, detailed, and organized throughout the event that we could not have had a better weekend than this! All of our guests had the best time and raved about how much they loved you guys!

Amy, cannot believe the amount of back and forth you had to go through with Sheraton, thank you so much for everything! I have not idea what I would’ve done without you. Also with all the other vendors, you were absolutely so amazing in making sure everything was well thought of, as well as making sure all the finer details were to my liking and comfortability. I hope that you’ve had some time to sleep and rest up after the long weekend! My family could not stop talking about you and how dedicated and prompt you were with every single detail and timeline. You seriously prevented me from worrying about anything at all! Having you was such a blessing!

Shay, omg you worked magic on all of the decor and background details! Thank you so much for making everything look so much like a fairytale—even with working on low budget. Your experience and guidance really helped us in making everything a success! You have this warm presence about you that makes me realize why people love and adore you so much.

Seriously, I could not have picked any better people to help plan and carry out the most important weekend in my life! I am so grateful for all that you all have done and the amount of understanding and flexibility you all had with my crazy families! We definitely hope that we’ll be able to work together again in the future!

Thank you so very much!

With all the love,

Mr. and Mrs. Jay and Nidhi Patel (:

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/03/2018

Don't hesitate to hire shay and her team for your wedding

We came from a bad experience working with a different event planner and Shay really helped us finish our planning and execute the wedding of our DREAMS! Our vendors were amazed with how easy she made everything. There was no detail left untouched. We had a destination wedding in North Carolina and having that assurance and confidence in everything while being across the country was worth every penny. I considered myself a pretty easy going bride but I know I had some family members and bridesmaids that got a little bossy and overwhelming. Shay handled everything with grace. She allowed us to live truly in the moment for our whole wedding weekend. We barely noticed her or any of the vendors. Everyone that attended RAVED about how everything was perfect and went off without a hitch.

We are SO thankful we found Shay Brown Events for our wedding!!

Sent on 04/25/2019
    Shay Brown Events 16
    Shay Brown Events 17
    Shay Brown Events 18

Meredith · Married on 06/16/2018

Because we opted for a destination wedding in Asheville - a few states away from our home - it was imperative to have somebody local who could provide good options for locations and vendors, as well as streamline the sampling process. Shay was up to the task, communicating our needs to and then linking us with a variety of excellent vendors who made our weekend perfect!

On the days of our welcome party and the wedding itself Shay was there for us personally and with her team, and everything went off without a hitch. She did an amazing job at managing all the moving parts and responding to challenges as they arose. Additionally, Shay and her team designed and put together all of the beautiful floral and décor for our wedding!

We really could not imagine having planned and managed our wedding without Shay, and no recommendation could really do justice to how much we appreciate her! Every step of the way she made us feel like we were her only couple! Thank you for everything Shay!

-Meredith and Jeff

Sent on 08/04/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2018

I cannot say enough about how AMAZING of a wedding planner AMY WOOD from Shay Brown Events was! She was so organized, and when I think of my wedding at the Masonic Temple, I honestly could not have imagined a more perfect day.

I worked with Amy for about a year leading up to the wedding. She helped me locate vendors, would check in usually once a month, until we started getting closer to the big day. Amy kept a running list of everything we had done, and needed to do. She also checked behind us by contacting our vendors to make sure they understood exactly what we wanted. Having never planned a wedding before, Amy helped us think of all the details we didn’t even know we needed.

Amy also helped throw some awesome vendors our way. While some were a bit pricy, they all did exceptionally well getting the job completed to perfection. On the actual day of the wedding, Amy and the team with her made sure everything ran smoothly. I had no stress the day of because Amy knew exactly what we wanted, and kept things moving like clockwork. Even tiny details (like me forgetting my shoes under the sweetheart table) were taken care of. If you wanted a fairy tale wedding experience, Amy at Shay Brown is the way to go!

Sent on 08/18/2018
    Shay Brown Events 19
    Shay Brown Events 20
    Shay Brown Events 21
    Shay Brown Events 22
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 06/02/2018

I've known Shay Brown since I was a kid, so the decision to have her do the floral for our wedding was a no-brainer. Every little touch was perfect. We couldn't be happier with her work! Professionally, I work with Shay and her team frequently and they are continually striving to make each couple's big day the most magical it can be. I count myself lucky to have had her on my team!

Sent on 09/21/2018
    Shay Brown Events 23
    Shay Brown Events 24
    Shay Brown Events 25
    Shay Brown Events 26

Rebecca · Married on 04/28/2018

I love Shay Brown Events!!! Shay put together the design and florals for my wedding last week and I could not be more thrilled with her work! Since we were planning from a distance, Shay and I spoke via phone and email quite a few times over the 6 months leading up to our wedding. It was clear during each conversation that she completely understood the vision and ideas that my (new) husband and I were looking for. On our wedding day everything was seamless. The decor was breathtaking, the bouquets were gorgeous, the reception venue was everything I hoped it would be and more! Shay was a pleasure to work with and I look forward to another opportunity to work with her in the future :)

Sent on 04/26/2013

Shay Brown Events's reply:

Rebecca, it was truly a pleasure to work with you and I just can't wait to see the images from the day!!! We wish you all the best and please let us know if we can help you with anything in the future! Thank you so much for you kind words, we appreciated the opportunity to work with you.

Victoria · Married on 12/30/2017

My husband and I catered a wedding rehearsal dinner with Shay and her team last weekend. I have worked in corporate events for over 20 years. I can honestly say that her level of organization and execution tops anyone I have ever worked with in event planning. It was really wonderful to see such a relaxed and happy bride, as she had full confidence that there was nothing to worry about with Shay and her team in charge. They also made it very simple for us as caterers having the proper set up for where we would be located in the best way for the guests to get to the the food in that particular venue. I am very much looking forward to future opportunities to work with this incredible team! Thanks Shay! - Catering by Polanco and Chef Ricardo

Sent on 06/20/2018

Caroline · Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I got married in Asheville last October and had an extremely positive experience with Shay Brown Events and Amy Wood in particular. For us, Amy was truly a godsend when it came to planning our wedding - I can't thank her enough and highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a coordinator! Going into planning our wedding, my husband and I had general ideas for the ceremony and reception, but didn't have a clear vision for our special day. Amy helped us develop a vision and made sure that we were able to incorporate the ideas we came up with throughout the process as things started coming together. Amy brought up different ideas and considerations for our special day that hadn't even crossed our minds as we started getting deeper into the planning process. She set up meetings for us with a couple of different florists, and we couldn't be happier with the florists we ended up hiring. Amy was always available to us during the planning process and was incredibly easy to work with. Our wedding day was absolutely beautiful and I never felt stressed. I knew that I was in good hands and had nothing to worry about. After the fact when talking to people about our wedding, some would ask "what went wrong" because people seem to believe that something always does. My husband and I can both honestly say that absolutely nothing went wrong and the entire day turned out perfectly! Even if there were small issues behind the scenes, we never even knew about them - that is a testament to an amazing wedding coordinator!!

Sent on 03/11/2018

We absolutely loved working with Shay, Amy, and the team at SBE. From the initial planning all the way through to the day of the team exceeded our expectations. Shay did our floral & decor and it was absolutely amazing. She was able to completely bring my vision to life! My guests are still raving about how beautiful our venue looked and its all due to the team at SBE!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Lidija · Married on 06/04/2016

I am to glad I decided to hire Shay Brown and her team for my wedding. These girls are amazing, I worked with Amy at first and she was amazing, Kalen was the planner at the wedding and I cant thank her enough!!!! I do not consider these ladies vendors anymore, I consider them my family because I cant thank them enough for making my wedding so beautiful and perfect!!! I literally have tears in my eyes typing this because I am going to miss you girls.

Sent on 06/07/2016

Sofia · Married on 07/03/2015

We worked with Shay Brown Events on all aspects of our wedding: wedding planning, vendor selection, and day-of coordination. Most of our correspondence leading up to the wedding was with Amy, while Shay was there over our wedding weekend. Amy is the most organized person I (the bride) have ever worked with, which is saying a lot since I am very organized myself. Amy helped us to find most of our vendors and she did so on a pretty tight timeline (we signed with SBE in Jan and the wedding was in July. We had no vendors in Jan). Almost all of them are folks that Amy and Shay have worked with in the past and their endorsement was important to us. Amy is highly responsive and is willing to work with the clients' needs (e.g., we had both a Pakistani wedding and an American wedding, and the set-up was entirely different for each, as well as some vendor/ food requirements.
    Shay was there the entire time over our wedding weekend, and she saved the day several times. For one, she created a second bustle for my dress so I didn't trip over it while dancing. Also, there was a miscommunication with the officiant and we needed something which was not there (a table with five flowers in a vase to be set up behind the officiant). The officiant only told us at 430 and the ceremony began at 5. Shay pulled this together at the very last minute and enabled us to keep the ceremony as planned. Finally, and this was big, we ran out of hard liquor after the American wedding on Fri night. Our Pakistani wedding was on a holiday (July 4th), and Shay spent a while calling all liquor stores in the area until she finally found one in Georgia that was open. Phew! We really needed the extra booze! Taylor from SBE was also there over our wedding weekend, and she is great to work with. She is highly attentive and manages to be everywhere while staying in the background.
    We highly recommend SBE to any and all couples! You will be SO happy you went with them.

Sent on 08/02/2015

Julia · Married on 05/30/2015

We worked with Shay Brown Events for our floral design and for day-of wedding coordination. I worked closely with both Shay and Amy, and they were both stunningly professional. There are a million details to coordinate for a wedding, and the two of them kept me totally sane, with helping us think through the logistics and the flow of the evening. They met with me multiple times before the wedding day to check-in and go through details, and we also had many phone consultations as well since we were planning our wedding from out-of-town. Amy and Shay also provided amazing vendor recommendations, and helped us arrange visits with other vendors in SBE's cute office space.

The flowers on the day-of were a dream! It was flawless execution on our wedding vision. Overall, everything on our wedding day went off without a hitch, and it's because of Shay Brown Events! They are total pros, and I could not recommend working with SBE more highly.

Sent on 11/04/2015

Kathryn · Married on 05/23/2015

I could not recommend Shay Brown more highly. I had a very short engagement, only 3 weeks, and with 2 weeks to go I hired Shay. Shay literally came in to save the day. We had 50 wedding guests, a smaller budget, and no time to mess around. Our guests never knew the price tag or the time constraints SBE had to work under because our wedding and reception looked like it had been planned months in advance. Shay is a true professional and so good at what she does. Her eye for floral design and table displays are remarkable. She is an artist. Shay also does a wonderful job capturing the overall look and feel of the wedding we wanted to have - both rustic and elegant. She listened to us, took control, and still had plenty of patience at all times for our questions and concerns. Any bride, with a wedding big or small, on any budget, would have the day or her dreams with Shay Brown Designs.

Sent on 11/02/2015

The staff of SBE were extremely helpful and worked with me to find creative options to stay within my budget. This eliminated a lot of stress and I could enjoy the wedding. They are very professional interacting with vendors as well, I am not one that enjoys getting quotes from 3-5 different people while working full time, and they took care of this for me. Thanks to Shay and the staff at SBE it was a beautiful wedding.

Sent on 11/04/2015

Libby · Married on 05/02/2015

I highly recommend Shay Brown Events! Shay and her amazing team were able to create an absolute dream day for my husband and me. Not only was the day visually stunning with her design skills, her day of coordination lead to a flawless day. And she does it all with a personal touch! You can tell they genuinely love what they do, and it shows in their work! They handled everything so we could truly enjoy our day without any stresses. Shay and her team are incredibly talented! Cannot say enough good things about my experience with SBE and the fairytale wedding they helped create for us. Best day of our lives!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Mandy · Married on 11/01/2014

Shay and Carmen were so wonderful to work with through the whole process, but on the day of the wedding they were the absolute best decision I made! I did not have to worry about anything, they did all the work for me. I just got to sit back and enjoy my wedding day, which is so important because it flies by. I'm a wedding photographer myself and I knew if there was one thing I couldn't skimp on, it was having a real planner with lots of experience and great taste. The reception site was stunning and I planned it all in advance, so on the day of the wedding I did not have to do anything. Actually, all weekend I did not have to do anything but relax. They were by my side the whole time and I can never thank them enough!! Don't think any longer... hire Shay Brown as your wedding planner! You won't regret it!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Laura · Married on 09/27/2014

For a bride like myself that was completing graduate school and beginning a residency program in the middle of planning a wedding, Shay Brown Events couldn't have had any more of a absolutely necessary role. Shay Brown Events provided a wonderful relationship that allowed myself to be the involved bride with every decision but took care of all the behind the scene details. The team was able to take in all my wants and dreams and make them a reality. It was truly a dream come true and wouldn't have been possible without their involvement!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Emily · Married on 09/13/2014

Our wedding in Asheville this September was wonderful beyond what we dreamed - we owe this completely to Amy Wood and her team at Shay Brown. We do not live in Asheville, so had to plan the wedding over email, conference calls, and a few very productive visits to Asheville. Amy led us through this process seamlessly, kept us on track, and left no detail uncovered. She somehow managed to coordinate everything and still be positive, pleasant, and fun! She offered expert advice on local vendors, and organized our timeline to run perfectly with each vendor so the day flowed beautifully. We had a "hybrid" Indian wedding, which was a bit unusual/creative, and Amy was able to go with the flow and help us realize our vision. In addition, she was very honest and responsible, and helped us stay within our budget and steered us away from pricey pitfalls. By the time the wedding came around, Amy had really become part of the family. Friends of mine described the wedding as "magical", "the best wedding I've ever been to", "I just got back from Rio [de Janeiro] on vacation and your wedding was more fun than my trip!" It is thanks to Amy and Shay Brown Events that we and our friends and family have these wonderful memories. Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Liz · Married on 07/26/2014

We used Shay Brown Events to help plan my wedding in Sky Valley, GA. What started out at as an intimate wedding with 40 people quickly grew… and Shay was a lifesaver throughout the whole process. I had a million ideas and a million different pinterest boards but could not begin to bring everything together. Shay was so helpful at organizing and executing everything, she was available morning, noon and night to help with my indecisiveness. It was such a perfect day and I could not have done it without her. Anyone who is debating on whether or not to hire a planner… do it!

Sent on 08/11/2014
  • User3842047 · 2+ years ago

These ladies are wonderful. They took my vision and ran with it. I could not have been happier

Sent on 08/06/2014

Gail · Married on 07/12/2014

Shay Brown Events staff and planning with my daughter created the dream wedding Kristin always wanted. Carmen H. was an amazing coordinator working closely with us over months and Shay is an excellent business owner who listens to her clients, captures the desired image and DELIVERS! SBE did the venue details at the NC Arboretum in Asheville for the ceremony and On Broadway reception in downtown Asheville. SBE's eye is on details and customer service. SBE also did the flowers and they were beautiful for the bridal party, bride and venues -- stunning flowers.

My daughter lives in Michigan, and I am in NC. We knew we could not handle the plans and execute them on short notice when arriving for the wedding week and hired SBE primarily due to our distant locations. This extraordinary day was made perfect by weather, colors, flowers, decor and so much of the work was carried out by SBE on behalf of us. Carmen and staff oversaw the wedding day with calm and ease, allowing us to thoroughly enjoy each moment. We highly recommend Shay Brown Events whose commitment and work exceeded our expectations, and we will truly miss working with Carmen.

Sent on 07/29/2014

Kristin · Married on 07/12/2014

Gail, M.O.B.

Sent on 07/29/2014

Kelsey · Married on 07/05/2014

Shay and her team were absolutely amazing! The first time we met Shay, I knew I wanted and needed to work with her! Shay did the floral for our wedding and Amy Wood was our planner. Both were so prompt at returning phone calls and emails. They were so helpful with all of my questions and were there to help with all of the crazy bride moments. They were so open to my ideas and always found a way to make ideas be a part of our wedding day. Planning with them was so easy and seamless. The day of our wedding went flawlessly!! We were able to follow our timeline almost exactly. Shay and Amy and the rest of their team made our wedding day absolutely perfect! We could not have done it without them.

Sent on 08/10/2014

Lindsay · Married on 06/14/2014

WOW. Not sure how else to say other than, Shay Brown saved me and my wedding! I didn't have to worry about a thing and even still today, I am hearing from my guests how stunning and breathtaking our wedding was.

Shay is not only incredibly professional, she was always there to listen to me when I need to vet an idea. Shay took over my wedding as the full wedding designer and planner with only 3 months notice and I can't begin to tell you the difference I saw in her abilities over the other vendor I was working with (and the other vendor came highly recommended -- so this should tell you without saying much that her skillset is unparalleled in the industry).

Our wedding was very elaborate in detail; we wanted our guests to have the true southern experience and she accomplished that and then some -- down to the detail of how our servers approached our guests to the way our transportation service arrived and shuttled people around. There was not ONE detail that was missed.

Our guests still refer to our wedding as the "Royal Wedding" and I know that is largely because of the service they received in addition to the stunning design.

Shay started out as my wedding planner, but she will forever exist in my contacts as someone near and dear to my heart. It was a true pleasure to work with her and her team; they truly made my wedding dreams come true.

For pics -- click this link: http://www.bluebendphotography.com/2014/06/lindsay-tylers-wedding-photos-inn-half-mile-farm-highlands-nc/

Sent on 06/24/2014