Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists Reviews

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 5
Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 6
Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists 7

Tiffany · Married on 05/31/2014

Shauné is an absolute genius at what she does--which I can only describe as art. Thanks to her I, my bridesmaids, and my mother all felt like glamazons! My mom never wears a lick of makeup (and frankly, doesn't need to), but absolutely loved Shauné and the end result. On top of everything else, I genuinely loved having her around and she couldn't have been more gracious with her time. I can't thank her enough for contributing to my special day, and I hope to work with her again in the future.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Tiffany! It was truly my pleasure to work with you and your wedding party. I had so much fun because you all were having so much fun and really enjoying the day. Thank you for allowing me to work with you for your engagement session and wedding day. What a privilege it is for me to be a part of such special moments. Wishing you and John many years of faith, hope, happiness and love.

I felt so beautiful and she made me feel comfortable. I don't wear very much makeup usually and was worried about looking like someone else. But from the first appointment, Shaune made me feel relaxed and just a better and more beautiful version of everyday me.

Sent on 05/15/2014
  • Roxsana

Roxsana · Married on 04/26/2014

Shaune Hayes was highly recommended by my cousin who has gotten her makeup done with her for special events. I hired her for my wedding in April 2014 which she did an amazing job with my wedding day make-up, bridesmaid, mother and mother-in-law. She was a pleasure to work with. She has a great personalty and is very quick respond. After I hired her for a friends wedding that I was in. Glad I connected with her and am sure I will use her again!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you Roxsana! You and your wedding party were such a pleasure to work with. I'm so glad Yessica referred you. Thanks for trusting me not only for your wedding day, but also for your friend's wedding as well. Definitely look forward to working together again.

Shaune is awesome!! I am a woman of color and Shaune did my makeup for my wedding ceremony and reception (2 separate days). And her work was superb!!! She is flexible and honest about what look will work best for you and your event. She is an absolute professional and I would recommend her to anyone!!!

Sent on 04/23/2014

nikol · Married on 04/19/2014

Shaune and her team did hair and make up for my wedding this past weekend. I have worked with a lot of make up artists and hair stylists in the past, but Shaune brought make up and hair artistry to a whole new level. She made me look GORGEOUS, absolutely ANGELIC. In fact, she made me look so good that when I saw my pictures, I cried with happiness. Before the special day, I had sent her some pictures of what I had in mind. She listened and completely exceeded my expectations. And by far. She is hands down the best, most professional make up artist I have ever met, and her team did a miracle with my hair. Whether you want the red-carpet or a natural look for your wedding, Shaune is the person to go to. Incredible work and definitely worth the price.

Sent on 04/24/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Nikol, I can't thank you enough for your honest review and feedback. It makes us feel good knowing that we exceeded your expectations. That's what we work hard to do, and I'm so glad you were pleased with your wedding day makeup and hair. Thank you for allowing us the privilege of being your wedding day beauty team. It was truly our pleasure.

Tamara · Married on 04/11/2014

Shaune definitely knows her craft! Shaune was very professional. My makeup was flawless. I have super sensitive skin and I did not breakout. I had a few blemishes on my face and back that were a big concern to me. She applied makeup to those areas and I was able to walk down the aisle in my strapless gown with confidence. The wedding photos turned out great. Everyone complimented me on my make up. My face wasn't caked up and it looked so natural. My husband loved it! Thank you Shaune!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you Tamara. I'm so glad you were happy with your wedding day look! I really enjoyed working with you and to hear your husband loved your look means a lot. It's sometimes hard to win the guys over with makeup :-) I wish you all the best in your new life as husband and wife.

Akua · Married on 02/14/2014

I have so many good things to say about Shaune and the services she provided on my wedding day. I would start by saying that she was a blessing to me and make up artistry is her God given gift. I searched for the right makeup artist being very skeptical because I wanted my day to be perfect. After reading reviews and talking with Shaune, I decided to go with her and I'm so happy that I did. She is very professional and such a pleasure to work with. I give her a picture of celebrity and asked her to apply my makeup the same way. She glanced at the picture for a second and replicated the makeup on me to perfection. The girl is talented. After my trial, I knew I was in good hands. On my wedding day she was punctual, flexible, and supportive. I'm so happy that she was available for my Valentines Day Wedding. If you are looking for someone professional, talented, and a pleasure to work with, Shaune is the answer.

Sent on 03/14/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Being a part of your wedding day was such a blessing for me as well Akua. Thank you for choosing me as your wedding day makeup artist. It was such a pleasure to work with you, and I'm so happy for you. Your story is truly a testament to God's love and grace. I wish you years and years of happiness and blessings. You deserve it!

Akua · Married on 02/14/2014

Sent on 03/14/2014

alisa · Married on 12/31/2013

I had the pleasure of working with Shaune and she did a fantastic job. My makeup came out flawless I had so many compliments on my makeup. She even did my bridesmaids and mom and everyone look beautiful. I would use her again and again. She very professional arrived early and was very organize. She made my wedding day getting ready easy and stress- free.

Sent on 01/16/2014

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thanks so much for the review Alisa. I really enjoyed working with you and your family. You were my last wedding of 2013 and working with you was a great way to close out the year! Thanks again for using my services and allowing me the privilege of being your wedding day makeup artist.

All the best to you and your husband!

Gena · Married on 12/14/2013

Shaune did amazing work on myself and my family and I would definitely go to her again for her quality services. She is a great artist and also very personable.

Sent on 12/22/2013

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you Gena. Loved working with you and your family. You all were very pleasant and sweet. Wishing you the best in your marriage!

Lydia · Married on 11/30/2013

Shaune was excellent and made my wedding perfect. She is very talented.

Sent on 12/25/2013

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Lydia. It was a pleasure working with you and your wedding party!

LORENA · Married on 11/02/2013

Shaune Hayes was great!!.. I recommend her 100%. She did a great job doing my make-up.
    Also, I value that she responded all my email right away (next 20 min.). She is very positive person, always has a smile and you can ask her any questions (like do you have brown eyelashes? is it better this color in my skin? etc.) very patient :). She wants you to feel comfortable and happy. I appreciate that she suggest options and incorporate my taste and observations (and all my family observations) in her work.

Thank you Shaune!!! :)... I would add pics but I haven't received them yet.

Sent on 11/08/2013

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Lorena for the kind words. I really enjoyed working with you and am so glad you valued my opinion in regards to creating your wedding day look. I wish you and yours the best and look forward to seeing your pictures!

very professional and flexible. wonderful service and lots of compliments on makeup. would highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/19/2013
  • Sharon

Sharon · Married on 10/12/2013

Shaune was the BEST! She had excellent communication setting up our appointment and adjusting to last minute changes. She was on time, professional, and had a great personality. Most importantly, my makeup looked great! Will definitely use her again for any upcoming events and have already recommended her to all of our friends and co-workers in Capitol Hill! :-)

Sent on 10/23/2013

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you Sharon. I really enjoyed working with you as well. You have such a great personality and were a real joy to work with. I am so glad you were pleased and thank you for the privilege of being your wedding makeup artist.

All the best!

Shaune was very professional and responsive. I don't usually wear makeup (or fake eyelashes) and she made me comfortable during the trial and on my wedding day. She was set up and ready to go early and all the guests loved her work. We were right on schedule the whole day! One of my guests plans to reach out to her for her wedding next year! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist or wanting to try eyelash extensions.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Angela · event on 10/05/2013

I recently had a Sweet 16 Celebration for my daughter and contacted Mrs. Hayes to do her make up for the event. Her father was apprehensive because he didn't want his "baby girl" to look to grown up. We took our daughter to Mrs. Hayes and she did an outstanding job. Our daughter was extremely beautiful and age appropriate. Her father and I were blown away! She received many compliments on her make up. And I would definitely recommend her services!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Jackie · Married on 09/21/2013

Hello Shaune,
    I just wanted to say thank you times a million for my make up on Saturday with Cindy! You listened to exactly what I was thinking and it looked flawless! You were calm and not rushed which was relaxing to both Cindy and I! I just wanted to tell you how fabulous I thought you were (and are!). Good luck with your business and I will refer you to any of my friends (in DC/MD/VA) that may need your expertise!!!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Jackie! I really appreciate the feedback, and I'm so glad you were pleased with your makeup and the service overall. I really enjoyed working with you both.

Cindy · Married on 09/21/2013

I feel blessed that I found Shaune for my wedding; she was an absolute delight to work with from start to finish and my maid of honor and I felt gorgeous when we were done with makeup!

Shaune was prompt, professional, understanding over the phone/email and always responded to my questions or inquiries in a timely and informative fashion.

Believe me, I hope to have another occasion REAL SOON to use her again. I would not hesitate to recommend her service to anyone for a wedding or special event.

Shaune ROCKS! You will not be disappointed......

Sent on 09/25/2013

Masooma · Married on 09/01/2013

Shaune did an excellent job with my make-up and that of my sister and bridesmaids. The trial was fun and gave me a good sense of what I wanted on the day of the wedding. Shaune worked with all my likes and dislikes to create the perfect look. On the wedding day, Shaune arrived on time and was very professional. She paid attention to and adapted amazingly to all our different needs. Her products were fabulous and lasted all evening long without the need for touch up. I would definitely recommend Shaune to anybody who wants a flawless look for their special day!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Masooma, and I'm so glad that you all were pleased with the makeup. It was such a pleasure working with you and your bridal party. Congratulations and best wishes to your and yours!
  • Neggy

Neggy · Married on 08/31/2013

Choosing Shaune' as my make up artist was one of the best decision I made for my wedding. I had a great experience on the trial day and even the better one on my wedding day. She was responding my emails immediately and I was so confident to tell her what I want.
    Only one week prior to my wedding I had to ask her to come on site 1 hour earlier and though she had another bride, she made it and put me on ease for the rest of the day. I had to get ready early cause we were planning to have some photo shooting out side, so I was worried about my make up. She gave a kit as a gift AND she gave me the BLUSH she used for my make up which was not included in the kit!
    And the last but not the least my make up was exactly the one I ever wish, chic and natural. I got so many complements that night and in my pictures I LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL! :-)
    Thank you so much Shaune' for the great job and I truly look forward to have another good experience with you.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Neggy, it was truly my pleasure to be a part of your wedding day. Thank you for the privilege of being your wedding day makeup artist. I appreciate your feedback, and I'm so glad to hear that you were pleased overall. Best wishes to you!

Dorothy · Married on 08/31/2013

Thank you so much for everything. i told you exactly how i like it and you did just that.
    thanks once again.
    dorothy

Sent on 09/06/2013

I really can't say enough about Shauné Hayes. She did my makeup for my wedding and it was flawless. I received many compliments. My makeup showed beautifully in wedding photographs. Very natural and classy. I highly recommend Shauné. She is a consummate professional and just as important a truly nice person.

Sent on 09/11/2013
  • myisha

myisha · Married on 08/25/2013

Shaune was professional, kind, and helpful. She exceeded my expectations and made me and my mother feel sooooo beautiful.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists's reply:

Thank you Myisha! I really enjoyed working with you and your mom. I'm glad you were pleased with the service we provided.

I couldn't be happier with the job Shaune did on my makeup for my wedding. From the moment I contacted her, she was a pleasure to work with -- so nice, always responsive, and very professional. I did a trial before the wedding, and Shaune took time to listen to what I liked and had a ton of pictures for me to go through to show her my preferences. I'd never had false lashes before either, but they looked amazing! She even ordered some different ones for my wedding day that she thought would look even better on my eyes, and she was right. She showed up right on time on wedding day and the end result was gorgeous! I looked and felt like a very beautiful bride.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Excellent service - my makeup was beautiful and Shaune was extremely flexible and responsive. I would recommend her to any bride - her prices are also lower than most.

Sent on 08/18/2013