Set in Stone Events Reviews

Set in Stone Events 6
Set in Stone Events 7

Kathy Ellwood · Married on 06/22/2019

Great "Day of" services!

We used Set in Stone's Day of Coordinating package for my daughter's wedding. Julia helped us set the schedule to make sure things ran smoothly. Our event coordinator, Valerie, managed all the day's details with gracious professionalism. We thoroughly enjoyed the day with full confidence that all the details were in good hands.

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Jesse

Jesse Callahan · Married on 06/01/2019

Fantastic service and team!

Set In Stone was absolutely fantastic during the whole wedding planning process and especially on our wedding day. Julia and her team are very professional and reduced a lot of stress. Our wedding was around 160 people and they managed the entire day. They went above and beyond, providing amazing service and support for both families involved. We had never met prior to the wedding day, but they were very responsive via phone and email. They kept everything running smoothly and we are very grateful for their help.

Sent on 06/20/2019

Victoria Teague · Married on 05/04/2019

Set in Stone will give you all the wedding relief you need!

Set in Stone is probably the BEST investment you can make for your wedding. Julia was immediately responsive at all times, she remembered the details about our wedding and she perfectly executed the whole thing day of the wedding. I can’t tell you how much relief I got from having Julia on my team during the planning process, especially planning across the country. I genuinely felt, at the end, that not only did I find a coordinator I would recommend to ALL of my friends but I met a friend who I treasure so much!

Sent on 08/22/2019
    Set in Stone Events 8
    Set in Stone Events 9

Set in Stone Events's reply:

You're the sweetest! Cheers to our friendship & hoping I can come visit you guys in NYC soon! Y'all were such a pleasure to work with.

Reygan Pratt · Married on 04/27/2019

Above and beyond

Julia is so amazing and was such a MASSIVE help with keeping me on track planning and making sure my day went smoothly! She coordinated everything with my vendors and was there every step of the way and a great friendship started as a result! P.S. she’s under my dress in the photo trying to put my garter on while my mom gives me a gift 😂
    HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 05/09/2019
    Set in Stone Events 10
  • Rhonda

Rhonda Ripkowski Williford · Married on 04/27/2019

Perfection

Do yourself a favor hire Julia ! This mother daughter team go above and beyond the call of duty and customer service is apparently their highest and greatest goal! We had a wedding of 400 people and there was one glitch that I didn’t even know about until after the wedding because they took care of it. I was able to relax and enjoy my daughters wedding without having to worry and without vendors having to Need me for something every five minutes. We never knew her before we hired her. She will do the rest of our 3 daughters weddings without a doubt! If there were 10 stars that’s what I would rate her.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Sarah Shelby · Married on 03/24/2019

Would give Set in Stone more stars, if possible

There are not enough words to adequately describe how happy my wife and I were with the wedding coordinating services Julia and her mother provided with Set in Stone Events for our wedding. First and foremost, she was our favorite vendor of the entire experience.
    From day one, she was in continuous contact with myself, my wife, our vendors, and other awesome contacts she had. She recommended solutions to any and all of our little problems and was the first to suggest things that we hadn't even thought of!

The actual wedding day went off without a hitch and that's entirely thanks to Julia. Post-ceremony, we had a drink in hand and never went without food, drinks, or fun thanks to Julia's attentiveness. I even danced so hard that I cut my foot and she was right there, band-aid in hand.

On a personal note, she was incredibly kind, LGBTQ inclusive, and attentive to the little details that made my wife and I's day one we'll never forget. Post-wedding, we can now call her a friend for many years to come.

I'd recommend Set in Stone a thousand times over.

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 03/09/2019

Absolutely Fantastic

Julia met with me multiple times over the course of a year, helping me plan my wedding. I know she had other clients, but I always felt like I was her only one. She coordinated all of the vendors/family members super well and I was never stressed about anything because she had it taken care of it. On our wedding day, literally nothing went wrong and if it did-I didn’t know about it. If my husband and I could give 100 stars, we would.

Sent on 03/15/2019
    Set in Stone Events 11
    Set in Stone Events 12
    Set in Stone Events 13
    Set in Stone Events 14
    Set in Stone Events 15

Set in Stone Events's reply:

Meghan & Jesse Lee -
    Y'all were such an amazingly fun couple to celebrate with. I enjoyed every moment of your special day. Thank you for making special drives to see me in Montrose! :P
  • Katstrid

Astrid · Married on 02/09/2019

The BEST duo in town!

Julia and Valerie were absolutely phenomenal! From the moment I first met Julia, I knew it was going to be an instant match. She is incredibly detailed and organized! Her attention to detail is amazing and it is what makes her the top notch wedding planner/coordinator she is now. To think she just started out in the business a few years ago is unbelievable. It truly feels like she has been doing this for over 20 years! Her connection to various vendors also makes her a TOP contender in the wedding planning world. Honestly, meet her over some coffee and book her! You will thank yourself later! Our wedding day was stress free and everything turned out exactly as imagined all thanks to Julia and Valerie. I will forever be grateful for hiring them. I was hesitant at first about even hiring a DOC, but this was the very best money spent! If you have to make room somewhere in the budget, DO IT! A coordinator is far more valuable than anything else!

Sent on 03/18/2019
  • Kenneth

Kenneth · Married on 02/03/2019

Terrific Wedding Coordinator

My wife and I had a great time working with Julia from our initial meeting up to the day of the wedding. We hired “Set in Stone Events” to help coordinate the day of the wedding but Julia was gracious enough to help with some of the planning to get us to our special day. Julia is very organized, thorough, and very knowledgeable of the wedding industry. She came prepared for every meeting with detailed questions and goals to work towards for the following meeting. Communication was wonderful since she was able to get back to us by email or by her cell phone. If we were uncertain about something specific or needed an example of something done before, Julia would get back to us within a few days, if not a couple of hours. Julia is very open about her schedule so nothing would be a surprise if we couldn’t reach her for a few days.

The day of the wedding was magical thanks to the organizing and planning by Julia and her mom, Valerie, who assisted where necessary. As the groom, I was happy to see Julia help direct everyone from the vendors to decorators. Even though there were a few hick ups that could not have been prevented, Julia kept her focus and help push the ceremony and reception forward. I thank Julia for all the times she brought my bride and myself water or food from our buffet. So many things happened during the wedding that we sometimes lost focus. Julia was terrific!

My wife and I strongly recommend “Set in Stone Events” as a coordinator because of her dedication, communication skills, wedding knowledge, and her great personality.

Sent on 02/24/2019
    Set in Stone Events 20
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 01/19/2019

Perfection

Julia was amazing. She was organized and in charge. She knew when to involve me and when to just make the decisions. I hired her for partial planning and she was a lifesaver with some great vendor recommendations. I can’t imagine how I would’ve gotten through my wedding day without her! My whole family couldn’t stop talking about how great she was and she just took care of absolutely everything!

Sent on 02/10/2019
  • Nikkie

Nikkie Roy · Married on 12/14/2018

Best money spent!

I hired Julia as my day of coordinator for my December wedding. I didn't want my family to worry about anything on my wedding day and be able to enjoy themselves. We meet up twice to talk about details and so she could meet my family. She stayed in contact with me monthly to make sure everything was on track. I seriously couldn't not be any more please with how my wedding went. Julia's mom got sick on the day so Julia was the sole person running the show. She answered questions, ran around making sure decorations were in place, ran the rehearsal (we did this the day of the wedding), cut the cake, made sure I was staying hydrated, so many more things that I would be here forever talking about. Julia was well worth every penny we spent. I would recommend over and over again.

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Raechel

Raechel · Married on 12/11/2018

Have you ever met Superwoman in real life? Here's your chance!

Julia was AMAZING! This woman was made for planning - I'm convinced of it. We hired Julia as a day-of-coordinator super last minute. And, boy, did she jump right in and take control. Like, I thought I was organized and ready to go, but there is NO WAY I could have gotten through that day without her (oh, and everyone keeps telling me how calm I was the day-of which just is not in my wheelhouse of feelings - well...thank you, Julia!)
    From shopping for cutlery to stopping last minute to buy a cake topper, and even putting together bridesmaids bouquets out of the forgotten babys-breath, she was 100% dedicated to making our day perfect and I couldn't imagine considering anyone else to do this for me.
    Her assistant (her mom) is also super sweet and helpful. I really thing they make an amazing team. It's no wonder they're a preferred vendor for our venue - they should definitely be everyone's preferred!!

Sent on 01/18/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Aldridge · Married on 11/17/2018

Most amazing day ever

Julia and her mom coordinated the day of my wedding. I literally can’t complain about one thing. I’m pretty anal and ocd about things, and she took all the stress away and sweet over and beyond. I’m so happy that I went with set in stone for my coordinator. Definitely give them a perfect rating!!!! Also I’m in love with all of the photos and boomerangs that she took!!!

Sent on 12/19/2018
    Set in Stone Events 21
    Set in Stone Events 22
    Set in Stone Events 23
    Set in Stone Events 24

L Anderson · Married on 11/10/2018

Awesome Coordinator!

If you are looking for a wedding day coordinator or planner, Julia is your girl! She is very organized! My husband and I were extremely pleased with her service the day of our wedding. She was on top of everything, which allowed us to relax. Everything she said she would do/ take care of during the wedding and after the wedding was done. We have zero complaints about Julia! Hire her!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Katy Comunale · Married on 10/13/2018

Julia was perfect. Her planning services and day-of coordination services left nothing to be desired.

I hired Julia of Set In Stone Events shortly after becoming engaged, and we had nearly a year and a half to prepare for my wedding. Julia was attentive, informative, and incredibly helpful through every step of planning. Julia immediately provided me with a personalized budget and to-do timeline including every detail (caterer, dj, dress, etc.). I tend to be a bit of a disorganized procrastinator, but Julia kept me right on-time through texts, calls, and in-person meetings. She was extremely flexible with my schedule, available last minute and understanding when I had to reschedule. Julia and her team truly shined the day of my wedding. She was constantly in touch and available as she and her team set up the venue, and as I and my attendants and mom got ready. The entire night was perfect, thanks to Set In Stone, and Julia and her team checked in on myself, my mom, and my attendants regularly, making sure we had everything we needed. I cannot thank Julia and the Set In Stone team enough for their tireless work throughout my wedding day (which was SIXTEEN HOURS’ work). I would have gotten through neither the planning process, nor my wedding day, without Julia.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Gabriela · Married on 07/01/2018

I booked with set in stone about 2 months before my wedding, because I wasn't sure If I would really need a coordinator and I was on a tight budget. It didn't take me long to realize that I definitely made the right choice! I cannot begin to thank Julia enough for everything she did during the last couple months. Communication with her was sooo easy through text and email, she would always reply the same day. The timelines she created and sent throughout the planning are so specific, down to the minute. She goes over everything down to the very last detail to make sure its to your liking and all the vendors are on the same page. I had a couple hiccups the day of the wedding that she took care of flawlessly! ex: I couldn't find my garter the day of and she went out and bought me a new one :) My wedding was absolutely perfect, thanks in large part to her. Very affordable, worth every penny! I highly recommend Set in Stone to any bride, you will be well taken care of. She made the planning and the last minute details a lot less stressful, definitely made my life easier! I'm so unbelievably glad I booked with her, it was def one of my best decisions!

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Set in Stone Events 25
    Set in Stone Events 26

Rachal · Married on 06/30/2018

Set in Stone was amazing and always there when I needed her! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Mindy · Married on 05/26/2018

Julia was so much help with my daughter’s wedding. She was very organized, attentive, hard working and great to work with. I would highly recommend her for your wedding.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2018

Excellent Experience!

Julia was so involved from the beginning and was amazing throughout the whole process! She was never pushy about any ideas and totally believed in our vision for the wedding. She was so helpful, professional and organized and I couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out! Val was so great as well and I could not say enough good things about this dynamic duo - 100% recommend!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Valerie · Married on 05/25/2018

As soon as I hired Julia I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders. She took care of all the logistics, made phone calls, relayed messages to me. I don’t know how many times I changed my mind with linen colors and sizes and she understood and took care of it every time. A week before the wedding I decided I wanted velvet linens in a specific color and she went out of her way to 2 different linens companies showrooms and when they didn’t have what I wanted she found them online. AMAZING. We had unlimited meetings where I would ramble on for 2 hours and she would patiently listen to all my concerns. Every time I stressed about something she already had it covered. There was never a moment of panic, (even when I was running off schedule on wedding day) her easiness of the situation really calmed me. A couple of my bridesmaids told me after the wedding how awesome she was. I will forever be grateful for Julia and her awesome team. Did I mention it’s a mother daughter team? I thought that was the coolest thing ever! I can go on and on with all the fabulous things Julia did for me. My wedding would not have been the perfect day without her help. I am so glad I chose set in stone for my wedding day!

Sent on 07/09/2018
    Set in Stone Events 27
    Set in Stone Events 28

ViAnh · Married on 04/28/2018

We hired Julia and her team as our day of coordinator and we couldn't have been more happy with our choice. Julia started reaching out to our vendors a couple months before the wedding so all of the vendors know who she was. She also created the most organized day of schedule that all of our vendors could refer to which made the day extra smooth. Julia was extremely responsive and answered all of my last minute questions right away. Our florist somehow forgot to create the cascading floral piece for our wedding cake and Julia, with the help of just 1 picture from Pinterest, worked with her to team to coordinate and create a beautiful cake topper with leftover fresh flowers on the spot. She even had some extra small glass vases in her car and created some small floral arrangements to fill extra space at the reception venue at the check in table - these along with the remaining decor looked amazing! My husband and I couldn't stop saying how pleasantly surprised we were at being able to sit back and relax and take in the day because Julia literally had everything under control. We would 100% recommend her and her team!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Priscilla · Married on 04/06/2018

The service Julia provided for our big day was day of coordinator. She started a few months before the wedding to make sure we had everything we needed for our big day. If you still need vendor contacts she has plenty! We hired Julia for a piece of mind on the wedding day. She exceeded our expectations! We met with her a few times before the big day. She was very flexible with our work schedule and we really appreciated that. She really was amazing to work with and she knows the wedding industry very well. We even saved money going with some of her recommendations for example hotel blocks!

Sent on 05/17/2018
    Set in Stone Events 29

Emma · Married on 03/04/2018

Out Of This World Wedding Planner

Amazing experience with an amazing wedding planner. Julia went above and beyond for my wedding day. I actually chose her Partial Wedding Planning package and I received so much more than she includes for the price. Julia was available to me by text, phone, and email day or night. She recommended vendors that I never would have found myself and they were AWESOME. We got married at the Houston Heights Fire Station on June 9, 2018. We chose to have Pizza as our food for the wedding. We had a restaurant that would bring out a portable wood fired pizza oven and cook the pizzas onsite. When a hiccup came up with the venue regarding the pizza oven- Julia took over and came up with solutions that I never would have thought of and literally saved the day.

I just loved Julia's energy and passion for what she does. She truly wants each and every one of her brides to have a unique and wonderful wedding day, that is free from stress. That is exactly what I got. Neither myself or my mother had to lift a finger on the day.

I truly recommend any bride looking for a wedding planner/coordinator to consider Julia Stone- you will not regret it. Not only will you have an awesome planner you will make a friend for life.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Rachel · Married on 02/24/2018

I am a "DIY" kind of girl so I was hesitant to hire a wedding planner at 1st but I AM SO GLAD & THANKFUL WE HIRED JULIA!!!!!!!! I was able to relax and enjoy our special day while she and her staff took care of everything!!!!!! I truly believe my entire wedding experience would not have been the same (or as much fun) if it hadn't been for the love and support from Julia !

Sent on 05/07/2018