Set in Stone Events Reviews

Set in Stone Events 6
Set in Stone Events 7

Reygan Pratt · Married on 04/27/2019

Above and beyond

Julia is so amazing and was such a MASSIVE help with keeping me on track planning and making sure my day went smoothly! She coordinated everything with my vendors and was there every step of the way and a great friendship started as a result! P.S. she’s under my dress in the photo trying to put my garter on while my mom gives me a gift 😂
    HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 05/09/2019
    Set in Stone Events 8
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 03/09/2019

Absolutely Fantastic

Julia met with me multiple times over the course of a year, helping me plan my wedding. I know she had other clients, but I always felt like I was her only one. She coordinated all of the vendors/family members super well and I was never stressed about anything because she had it taken care of it. On our wedding day, literally nothing went wrong and if it did-I didn’t know about it. If my husband and I could give 100 stars, we would.

Sent on 03/15/2019
    Set in Stone Events 9
    Set in Stone Events 10
    Set in Stone Events 11
    Set in Stone Events 12
    Set in Stone Events 13

Set in Stone Events's reply:

Meghan & Jesse Lee -
    Y'all were such an amazingly fun couple to celebrate with. I enjoyed every moment of your special day. Thank you for making special drives to see me in Montrose! :P
  • Katstrid

Astrid · Married on 02/09/2019

The BEST duo in town!

Julia and Valerie were absolutely phenomenal! From the moment I first met Julia, I knew it was going to be an instant match. She is incredibly detailed and organized! Her attention to detail is amazing and it is what makes her the top notch wedding planner/coordinator she is now. To think she just started out in the business a few years ago is unbelievable. It truly feels like she has been doing this for over 20 years! Her connection to various vendors also makes her a TOP contender in the wedding planning world. Honestly, meet her over some coffee and book her! You will thank yourself later! Our wedding day was stress free and everything turned out exactly as imagined all thanks to Julia and Valerie. I will forever be grateful for hiring them. I was hesitant at first about even hiring a DOC, but this was the very best money spent! If you have to make room somewhere in the budget, DO IT! A coordinator is far more valuable than anything else!

Sent on 03/18/2019
  • Kenneth

Kenneth · Married on 02/03/2019

Terrific Wedding Coordinator

My wife and I had a great time working with Julia from our initial meeting up to the day of the wedding. We hired “Set in Stone Events” to help coordinate the day of the wedding but Julia was gracious enough to help with some of the planning to get us to our special day. Julia is very organized, thorough, and very knowledgeable of the wedding industry. She came prepared for every meeting with detailed questions and goals to work towards for the following meeting. Communication was wonderful since she was able to get back to us by email or by her cell phone. If we were uncertain about something specific or needed an example of something done before, Julia would get back to us within a few days, if not a couple of hours. Julia is very open about her schedule so nothing would be a surprise if we couldn’t reach her for a few days.

The day of the wedding was magical thanks to the organizing and planning by Julia and her mom, Valerie, who assisted where necessary. As the groom, I was happy to see Julia help direct everyone from the vendors to decorators. Even though there were a few hick ups that could not have been prevented, Julia kept her focus and help push the ceremony and reception forward. I thank Julia for all the times she brought my bride and myself water or food from our buffet. So many things happened during the wedding that we sometimes lost focus. Julia was terrific!

My wife and I strongly recommend “Set in Stone Events” as a coordinator because of her dedication, communication skills, wedding knowledge, and her great personality.

Sent on 02/24/2019
    Set in Stone Events 18
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 01/19/2019

Perfection

Julia was amazing. She was organized and in charge. She knew when to involve me and when to just make the decisions. I hired her for partial planning and she was a lifesaver with some great vendor recommendations. I can’t imagine how I would’ve gotten through my wedding day without her! My whole family couldn’t stop talking about how great she was and she just took care of absolutely everything!

Sent on 02/10/2019
  • Nikkie

Nikkie Roy · Married on 12/14/2018

Best money spent!

I hired Julia as my day of coordinator for my December wedding. I didn't want my family to worry about anything on my wedding day and be able to enjoy themselves. We meet up twice to talk about details and so she could meet my family. She stayed in contact with me monthly to make sure everything was on track. I seriously couldn't not be any more please with how my wedding went. Julia's mom got sick on the day so Julia was the sole person running the show. She answered questions, ran around making sure decorations were in place, ran the rehearsal (we did this the day of the wedding), cut the cake, made sure I was staying hydrated, so many more things that I would be here forever talking about. Julia was well worth every penny we spent. I would recommend over and over again.

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Raechel

Raechel · Married on 12/11/2018

Have you ever met Superwoman in real life? Here's your chance!

Julia was AMAZING! This woman was made for planning - I'm convinced of it. We hired Julia as a day-of-coordinator super last minute. And, boy, did she jump right in and take control. Like, I thought I was organized and ready to go, but there is NO WAY I could have gotten through that day without her (oh, and everyone keeps telling me how calm I was the day-of which just is not in my wheelhouse of feelings - well...thank you, Julia!)
    From shopping for cutlery to stopping last minute to buy a cake topper, and even putting together bridesmaids bouquets out of the forgotten babys-breath, she was 100% dedicated to making our day perfect and I couldn't imagine considering anyone else to do this for me.
    Her assistant (her mom) is also super sweet and helpful. I really thing they make an amazing team. It's no wonder they're a preferred vendor for our venue - they should definitely be everyone's preferred!!

Sent on 01/18/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Aldridge · Married on 11/17/2018

Most amazing day ever

Julia and her mom coordinated the day of my wedding. I literally can’t complain about one thing. I’m pretty anal and ocd about things, and she took all the stress away and sweet over and beyond. I’m so happy that I went with set in stone for my coordinator. Definitely give them a perfect rating!!!! Also I’m in love with all of the photos and boomerangs that she took!!!

Sent on 12/19/2018
    Set in Stone Events 19
    Set in Stone Events 20
    Set in Stone Events 21
    Set in Stone Events 22

L Anderson · Married on 11/10/2018

Awesome Coordinator!

If you are looking for a wedding day coordinator or planner, Julia is your girl! She is very organized! My husband and I were extremely pleased with her service the day of our wedding. She was on top of everything, which allowed us to relax. Everything she said she would do/ take care of during the wedding and after the wedding was done. We have zero complaints about Julia! Hire her!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Katy Comunale · Married on 10/13/2018

Julia was perfect. Her planning services and day-of coordination services left nothing to be desired.

I hired Julia of Set In Stone Events shortly after becoming engaged, and we had nearly a year and a half to prepare for my wedding. Julia was attentive, informative, and incredibly helpful through every step of planning. Julia immediately provided me with a personalized budget and to-do timeline including every detail (caterer, dj, dress, etc.). I tend to be a bit of a disorganized procrastinator, but Julia kept me right on-time through texts, calls, and in-person meetings. She was extremely flexible with my schedule, available last minute and understanding when I had to reschedule. Julia and her team truly shined the day of my wedding. She was constantly in touch and available as she and her team set up the venue, and as I and my attendants and mom got ready. The entire night was perfect, thanks to Set In Stone, and Julia and her team checked in on myself, my mom, and my attendants regularly, making sure we had everything we needed. I cannot thank Julia and the Set In Stone team enough for their tireless work throughout my wedding day (which was SIXTEEN HOURS’ work). I would have gotten through neither the planning process, nor my wedding day, without Julia.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Gabriela · Married on 07/01/2018

I booked with set in stone about 2 months before my wedding, because I wasn't sure If I would really need a coordinator and I was on a tight budget. It didn't take me long to realize that I definitely made the right choice! I cannot begin to thank Julia enough for everything she did during the last couple months. Communication with her was sooo easy through text and email, she would always reply the same day. The timelines she created and sent throughout the planning are so specific, down to the minute. She goes over everything down to the very last detail to make sure its to your liking and all the vendors are on the same page. I had a couple hiccups the day of the wedding that she took care of flawlessly! ex: I couldn't find my garter the day of and she went out and bought me a new one :) My wedding was absolutely perfect, thanks in large part to her. Very affordable, worth every penny! I highly recommend Set in Stone to any bride, you will be well taken care of. She made the planning and the last minute details a lot less stressful, definitely made my life easier! I'm so unbelievably glad I booked with her, it was def one of my best decisions!

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Set in Stone Events 23
    Set in Stone Events 24

Rachal · Married on 06/30/2018

Set in Stone was amazing and always there when I needed her! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Mindy · Married on 05/26/2018

Julia was so much help with my daughter’s wedding. She was very organized, attentive, hard working and great to work with. I would highly recommend her for your wedding.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2018

Excellent Experience!

Julia was so involved from the beginning and was amazing throughout the whole process! She was never pushy about any ideas and totally believed in our vision for the wedding. She was so helpful, professional and organized and I couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out! Val was so great as well and I could not say enough good things about this dynamic duo - 100% recommend!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Valerie · Married on 05/25/2018

As soon as I hired Julia I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders. She took care of all the logistics, made phone calls, relayed messages to me. I don’t know how many times I changed my mind with linen colors and sizes and she understood and took care of it every time. A week before the wedding I decided I wanted velvet linens in a specific color and she went out of her way to 2 different linens companies showrooms and when they didn’t have what I wanted she found them online. AMAZING. We had unlimited meetings where I would ramble on for 2 hours and she would patiently listen to all my concerns. Every time I stressed about something she already had it covered. There was never a moment of panic, (even when I was running off schedule on wedding day) her easiness of the situation really calmed me. A couple of my bridesmaids told me after the wedding how awesome she was. I will forever be grateful for Julia and her awesome team. Did I mention it’s a mother daughter team? I thought that was the coolest thing ever! I can go on and on with all the fabulous things Julia did for me. My wedding would not have been the perfect day without her help. I am so glad I chose set in stone for my wedding day!

Sent on 07/09/2018
    Set in Stone Events 25
    Set in Stone Events 26

ViAnh · Married on 04/28/2018

We hired Julia and her team as our day of coordinator and we couldn't have been more happy with our choice. Julia started reaching out to our vendors a couple months before the wedding so all of the vendors know who she was. She also created the most organized day of schedule that all of our vendors could refer to which made the day extra smooth. Julia was extremely responsive and answered all of my last minute questions right away. Our florist somehow forgot to create the cascading floral piece for our wedding cake and Julia, with the help of just 1 picture from Pinterest, worked with her to team to coordinate and create a beautiful cake topper with leftover fresh flowers on the spot. She even had some extra small glass vases in her car and created some small floral arrangements to fill extra space at the reception venue at the check in table - these along with the remaining decor looked amazing! My husband and I couldn't stop saying how pleasantly surprised we were at being able to sit back and relax and take in the day because Julia literally had everything under control. We would 100% recommend her and her team!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Priscilla · Married on 04/06/2018

The service Julia provided for our big day was day of coordinator. She started a few months before the wedding to make sure we had everything we needed for our big day. If you still need vendor contacts she has plenty! We hired Julia for a piece of mind on the wedding day. She exceeded our expectations! We met with her a few times before the big day. She was very flexible with our work schedule and we really appreciated that. She really was amazing to work with and she knows the wedding industry very well. We even saved money going with some of her recommendations for example hotel blocks!

Sent on 05/17/2018
    Set in Stone Events 27

Emma · Married on 03/04/2018

Out Of This World Wedding Planner

Amazing experience with an amazing wedding planner. Julia went above and beyond for my wedding day. I actually chose her Partial Wedding Planning package and I received so much more than she includes for the price. Julia was available to me by text, phone, and email day or night. She recommended vendors that I never would have found myself and they were AWESOME. We got married at the Houston Heights Fire Station on June 9, 2018. We chose to have Pizza as our food for the wedding. We had a restaurant that would bring out a portable wood fired pizza oven and cook the pizzas onsite. When a hiccup came up with the venue regarding the pizza oven- Julia took over and came up with solutions that I never would have thought of and literally saved the day.

I just loved Julia's energy and passion for what she does. She truly wants each and every one of her brides to have a unique and wonderful wedding day, that is free from stress. That is exactly what I got. Neither myself or my mother had to lift a finger on the day.

I truly recommend any bride looking for a wedding planner/coordinator to consider Julia Stone- you will not regret it. Not only will you have an awesome planner you will make a friend for life.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Rachel · Married on 02/24/2018

I am a "DIY" kind of girl so I was hesitant to hire a wedding planner at 1st but I AM SO GLAD & THANKFUL WE HIRED JULIA!!!!!!!! I was able to relax and enjoy our special day while she and her staff took care of everything!!!!!! I truly believe my entire wedding experience would not have been the same (or as much fun) if it hadn't been for the love and support from Julia !

Sent on 05/07/2018

Michelle · Married on 02/17/2018

Hiring Julia from Set in Stone Events was the BEST wedding decision I ever made! Seriously. I hired Julia as a day of coordinator but, her services started and extended well beyond just the wedding day.

Highlights: Early communication with vendors to make sure they knew the when and where. A seriously awesome itinerary for my rehearsal and wedding day. Making sure the car we left in had some extra wedding cake and cards from our guests.
    Bonus: Julia snapped a few cute pics on my wedding day which she texted next day. They are the pics I'm showing everyone until my professional photos are available.
    Second bonus: Julia has some awesome wedding signage, table numbers, and other wedding items that might save you some searching.

Cons: None! Set in Stone are rockstars! They made my 2.17.2018 wedding an absolute dream.

Sent on 03/06/2018

Anne · Married on 11/18/2017

Funny story of how I found Julia. I was at dinner with my then fiance and a friend and our waiter was talking to us about weddings and he mentioned how his new wife was a coordinator! I asked for her contact information, he handed me a card and that's it! Julia has the best personality and we instantly clicked which made the entire process perfect. We live in the same neighborhood so meeting up a local coffee spots after work was so great and I knew the moment I met her that she would be hired! Julia and her team are fantastic and made sure every tiny detail was perfect for me and I didn't have to stress at all. My mom has passed away and my mother in law lives in a different city so I really relied on Julia and she gave me more than I could have ever expected in return. She listened to what I wanted, how I wanted things to go in order and made sure that even with little hiccups the day before that nothing was out of place or would look wrong. The day of the wedding she was a calm as could be and it rubbed off on everyone, she was so much fun and also held my drink for me when we went around to greet our guests. She kept the timeline running perfectly and you would never know if something didn't go right but with her schedule there is no way it didn't!!!! My jaw literally dropped when I walked into the reception room because I couldn't have imagined it better than it was and Julia made sure that happened! She is fantastic at keeping up with your vendors so you don't have to be the middle man which is so helpful in the last few weeks and days leading up so you can just enjoy those moments with your family, friends and wedding party. I am so thankful that I found her and when the wedding was over I actually missed our getting together to talk wedding! She is wonderful and a joy to work with, I would hire her over and over again! You cannot beat the amount of personal attention she gives you to help your wedding day be so special! Thank you Julia and team!!!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Amanda · Married on 11/11/2017

Julia was BEYOND AMAZING! She made sure our special day went off without a hitch, and we will be forever grateful for that. As a bride, I was so happy that I didn't have to worry about anything on my wedding day, I just got to pamper myself and marry the love of my life while Julia and her mom took care of all the details. Did I mention her personality is awesome too?! She's super easy to talk to, and comfortable to be around while still being professional. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Set in Stone!!!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Shelley · Married on 10/14/2017

Hands down the best decision I made in my wedding planning process was hiring Julia as my "day of" coordinator. But let's be real, I needed way more help than just vendor coordination and Julia went above and beyond for me. I am a terrible decision maker, which made the idea of wedding planning a terrifying prospect. Julia and her list of lists helped me break down the process into manageable tasks and turned my hazy vision into my perfect day! She also performed a few miracles the day of including transforming a community center into a beautiful reception venue in under 5 hours and even making an impromptu beer run when we realized we underestimated the alcohol capacity of our guests. Julia and her team are stellar and I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 03/12/2018

Kim · Married on 08/12/2017

I knew Julia was wonderful but of course I had no basis for comparison. Not only did all of my vendors make a point to tell me that she was a stellar coordinator, but my guests did as well. She was organized, thoughtful, hands on, and I had no anxiety at all on the day of my wedding. She even jumped on the buffet line and started ladling herself, simply because it needed to be done and she constantly took initiative to handle things I hadn't even anticipated.

Sent on 03/07/2018
    Set in Stone Events 28

Leah · Married on 01/30/2016

Julie with Set in Stone is incredible! She offered so much support and encouragement throughout the planning process that I considered her an extension of my bridal party. Julie was prompt in her responses, available whenever I had a question, and impressively organized. I was over-confident in my ability to plan an entire wedding, but quickly realized I couldn't do it all alone. Even if you want to plan the wedding yourself... having a day-of-coordinator was something I will never regret. Looking back, there is no way I could have treasured that day in entirety if Julie wasn't there handling the details. I highly recommend Set in Stone!

Sent on 03/06/2018