70 Reviews for Saybrook Point Inn and Spa

Tastings (1)
Bartender(s) (1)
Valet (1)
70 Saybrook Point Inn and Spa Reviews

All the staff from bobby and Lito to Jeff and his son and fran and Krystal and Shelby and late night staff were absolutely amazing in helping with anything we could possibly need from cleaning my dress to letting us chance the rain to the last second so we could get married outside!! They were so professional making sure my fience and I did not run into each other on our wedding Morning and always by our side for any comforting we needed during any panic moments of the wedding and willing to just fix it no questions asked like family would. The receptionist when we arrived early had brown hair and she was also right there to make us as comfortable as possible. Our wedding at Saybrook was a dream come true and we have already booked for our anniversary and it has only been 3 days!! We can’t wait to go back!!!

Profile Picture Jillian, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Saybrook Point Inn was a perfect venue for the wedding of my dreams! The service was beyond exceptional and exceeded my every hope. They never once told me or my family no to any crazy demand we threw at them. Whatever we asked for they would accommodate, even things we didn’t think to ask! Saybrook Point Inn was easy to work with and the value and quality is amazing! My family and guests were so blown away with the venue and service, it made the entire event that much more special. I cannot express how happy and pleased we are with our experience. We cannot wait to make Saybrook Point Inn part of all our family events and create more memories there. Thank you so much for everything!

Profile Picture Kate, 5/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Our wedding at Saybrook Point was beyond all of our expectations! Everything was absolutely perfect- from the staff, venue, food/drinks/etc. The entire day flowed so smoothly, and my husband and I didn't worry about a thing. Krystal was a dream to work with- she always provided prompt responses and helped make the planning process a breeze. We were able to drop off all of our decor with her days before the wedding as well - and on our wedding day everything was setup perfectly- it was such a relief to not have to worry about that! Joe was also incredible on the day of- he helped with anything and everything we needed, and was the most attentive
person we have ever met! Before, during, and after we always felt taken care of- it was truly the wedding of our dreams and we would recommend Saybrook Point to anyone.

Profile Picture Jess, 12/31/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I got married at the Saybrook Point Inn recently and it was better than I could have imagined. Thanks to Krystal, Shelby, Sara, Donna and Joe for helping my husband and I every step of the way. Our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was, how good the food was and how great the service was. Thanks to the staff at SPI we were stress free the entire day. I highly recommend this venue to anyone searching for the perfect wedding spot.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jessica, 7/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I fell in love with this venue as soon as we saw it in person. We had the perfect wedding day in July! Krystal, our wedding manager, did an amazing job helping us prepare and plan our details for our wedding. We were so pleased with the staff's professionalism every step of the way in planning our perfect wedding day. The timing with getting back to us on any questions or concerns we had was impeccable, and that truly showed their commitment. Donna was amazing to work with at the reception and she helped make everything run smoothly. The wait staff was more than helpful and we appreciate all of their hard work on that day! The food (hors d'oeuvres and dinner) was absolutely delicious and enjoyed by all of our guests. Our wedding day was a true fairytale and we cannot thank the staff at Saybrook Point Inn enough for all they have done to make this possible!

Profile Picture Meghan, 7/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Saybrook Point Inn was an amazing venue to have our wedding this past June. Even though it rained (good luck, right?!), the Inn has a great indoor back-up in place and everything flowed seamlessly. Krystal and Donna were amazing on the day of and their expertise was definitely noticed. The Inn is a great venue for the views, the beauty of the Inn itself, the value of the additional vendors they have (definitely check out their raw bar and gelato bar) and the relationships they have with outside vendors like Floral Affair and Creative Cakes by Donna. I love to eat and was thrilled about how many compliments we received about the food; everything prepared by the Inn is delicious. Our day was really special and I think the fact that we had it at the Inn was a big part of that.

Profile Picture Megan, 6/17/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Amazing venue, gorgeous location professional staff! Our wedding at the Saybrook Point Inn was everything we could have dreamt of and more. Everything was taken care of, we didn't have to worry about anything. Every staff member was top notch. The hospitality and high level of service was consistent and made a very positive impression on our families and our guests. I can't say enough about how happy we were with this venue from start to finish!

Profile Picture Robyn, 5/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The venue itself is gorgeous- staff professional, understanding, creative and very dedicated to making you have the best wedding experience. Only one wedding is scheduled per evening- which makes the experience very personalized.
Recommend couple upgrading to stay in the lighthouse for their honeymoon night. It is away by itself at the far end of a dock.
The experience itself was amazing - staff was accommodating to the bride and groom as well as every single guest, whether they stayed overnight or not. The consults we had for the wedding day were very professional - even cleaned my daughter's train on hands and knees before the ceremony (train had gotten a little dirty from the First look photos on a dock).
Guests were totally impressed that everything ran on time; the food was delicious; service for all guests was very prompt during dinner.
Two cautions: First, Although gorgeous and comfortable, the hotel rooms are for guests are very expensive during summer months (>$300.00/night) but the location is well worth it!
Second, you cannot not bring any of your own liquor or food to use - such as for luncheons. However, their wraps for the getting ready day were delicious; as was the food selected for the after party in the bar.

Profile Picture Illona, 7/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Inn was amazing. Everything moved forward smoothly and without any issue. We were so pleased and are very appreciative of the professionalism of everyone there.

Profile Picture User7065566, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

What a perfect day we had, and everyone was so accommodating. If you choose Saybrook for your special day ...you won't be disappointed ! Friends and family are still telling us that "it was the best wedding they've ever been to!" Food, all the waiters and waitresses , along with Sarah, Valerie and Ellen were all great.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I just got back from our "mini-moon" at Saybrook Point Inn-we went away for a long weekend after the wedding since we're not going on our official honeymoon for a few months. We were so happy with everything about the Inn-our room was very comfortable and had its own fireplace and view of the marina, the staff was wonderful, the restaurant on-site is delicious (definitely go for the brunch buffet!) and we had great massages at the spa. The Inn is located on a beautiful spot on the waterfront and we had a great time just walking around the marina and the surrounding area. While we were there there were 3 weddings and it looks like they do a beautiful job with those. We will definitely be coming back for another long weekend.

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/10/15, 33 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I knew when we booked this venue it was beautiful but never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined how much more amazing it would get. From day one Sara Sheiffele, wedding coordinator and her team were extremely helpful. Their recommendations and advice over the course of the planning process were very helpful. From the minute I stepped out of my car during my wedding weekend I was treated as if I were the only person there. The best part was that my family and guests felt the same way. Their attention to every detail and genuine care pre wedding, during and after made the experience one I will NEVER forget. My wedding was above a

Profile Picture Stacey, 5/29/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

All you need to know is that the Saybrook Point Inn is amazing! From the moment I visiting and met Sara everything was perfect. The venue is gorgeous, people at my wedding could not stop telling me how much they loved it and how New England it was. I arrived the day before my wedding and got a massage, manicure, and pedicure - the spa was awesome. Everyone is so polite and it really is the most relaxed I could have been starting the wedding weekend. The bellhops are so accommodating, they unloaded many cars worth of wedding stuff and grandparents with a smile on their faces. My bridal suite was beautiful and big enough for my hair stylist and make up artist to get 5 women ready with other visiting and relaxing throughout the day. Thank goodness for Sara and Donna - these women made my wedding day truly perfect. They came to see my in the am to make sure all details were confirmed and checked again with weather updates. They really handled everything you would ever need. They took care of talking with the florist, bakery, band, officiant, and photographers without me asking and knew exactly what I wanted to happen. I live in Washington, DC so dealing with the planning from afar could have been difficult, but not with Sara. She responds to emails and phone calls promptly and allowed me to have the menu and special vegan alterations I wanted without any difficulty. The service at the wedding was also just great, wine was full and many many hors d'oeuvres were passed. We had 2 serves just for my husband and I which was really special. I really could go on and on about how amazing this venue is but I think you will see it if you visit. I will definitely plan to go back to visit often.

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/9/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment we stepped onto the Saybrook Point Inn's property we knew this was the wedding venue for us. Beyond it's New England charm & incredible views of the water & marina, the venue had so much to offer. We arranged a tour of the site one morning on a whim. Boy, were we thankful for that "whim"! We were warmly welcomed & accommodated by every staff member on site from the moment we walked through the door even before we made it official. The venue is family-owned so we experienced outstanding, personal service throughout our planning process. We never felt like "just another client". We specifically worked with Ken, Ellen, & Donna on the sales/banquet team who were all absolutely marvelous. Ken was accommodating with our needs & made sure everything in our contract was clear, understood, & to our liking. Ellen took it from there & was with us every step of the planning process. Always prompt to respond, she answered every question & constantly offered solutions & enthusiasm for every detail. Donna made sure the day-of went along without a hitch. As a former corporate event planner, I have worked with many planners but this team is top-notch, seasoned, & dedicated! They make you feel like you're planning your wedding with your friends, not hired professionals.The day of the wedding could not have run any smoother. Everything from the complimentary shuttle to Donna making sure we were able to enjoy our meals at the reception amidst greeting all our guests. They even surprised us with champagne in our room and complimentary SPI glasses for us to take home at the end of the evening. And we must mention the food. Oh the food! It was INCREDIBLE - not your typical banquet food. We truly cannot imagine having had our wedding anywhere else. The entire process was stress-free and fun! We cannot wait to go back to the SPI to celebrate our future anniversaries. It will always have a dear place in our heart.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/3/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Saybrook Point Inn is amazing. The staff, location, food, and service were top notch! Everyone flowed effortlessly. They did such an amazing job - by far the best reception location. All the guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about everything. Definitely worth every penny...I would choose them in a heartbeat again!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/6/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding at Saybrook Point Inn was the best decision I ever could have made aside from marrying my husband!! They are organized, professional and courteous. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure every guest has all that they need and that they have a great time.

The bride and groom are given the royal treatment and they take away all of your stress so you can just enjoy your night.

The ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were gorgeous. I love the reception room, we had a lot of people but it never felt crowded yet it felt wonderfully intimate.

I love, love, love Saybrook Point Inn and am excited to spend our wedding anniversary there this year!!!

Profile Picture Kerrianne, 8/30/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My review is based on Donna, our wedding coordinator the day of my aunts wedding. Donna was AMAZING!!!! She assured me everything would be set up according to my layout I had giving her for the table center pcs, cake table, and candy buffet. She did a PERFECT JOB! Donna was friendly, outgoing, attentive, and most of all professional. Donna you Rock! She noticed the moment my aunts dress strap broke!! Took her right into the other room and fixed it the best she could. It was such a pleasure meeting and working with you.

Profile Picture Renee, 7/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff was amazing and my wedding turned out beautifully -- I couldn't have been happier!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This location was beautiful to have a water/maria venue for your wedding. The staff was so helpful and amazing. Everything was perfect for our wedding day!

Profile Picture Jen, 6/14/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding at Saybrook Point Inn was the best decision we made for our wedding. Yes, it is expensive, but you get way more than you pay for in terms of the quality and service you receive. Our families were blown away at how attentive and professional the entire SPI staff was, and it truly made our day special. During the entire day of the wedding we did not have to think about one thing when it came to the logistics, the entire staff took care of us and made it so we could actually enjoy ourselves and our guests. Sara was amazing from the first time we met her. She was very patient with all of our questions and was very responsive, especially in the coming weeks/days before the wedding. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to help plan our wedding! The day of, Donna really took care of us with all the details and was so friendly! She was even there the following day at our breakfast and took care of everything there. The location is great, the food is wonderful and the staff is amazing - I couldn't have asked for anything more from our venue! I highly, highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Jess, 5/24/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Picture perfect wedding! Everyone was friendly and organized!

Profile Picture Sarah, 2/22/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the most beautiful spot for a wedding! The food was fabulous and my friends are picky. No one had a bad thing to say. The service could not have been better. I was pampered the whole time we were there. My guests were treated wonderfully. The hotel rooms were beautiful with fireplaces and elegant looking bathrooms. Donna and Ellen were the ones working with me. Wonderful women to work with. Whatever I wanted was done with smiles and warmth. I loved them both. One of my guests was late to book a room and didn't get the discount. Ellen was sweet enough to fit it so they could. You can not find better staff, food or location!

Profile Picture Diane, 2/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough good things about the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa. The venue is completely gorgeous, and the location is a complete dream. Sara, the coordinator there, makes the entire experience effortless. I didn't worry about a single thing leading up to our wedding, because I knew everything was in good hands with her. Our wedding day was beautiful, because of Sara, and the rest of the staff. They made my husband and I feel like royalty and family all at the same time. All of our guests are still raving about how beautiful our wedding was, how delicious the food was, and how great the drinks were. It truly was a dream wedding, and we are so very happy that we chose to have our wedding at the Saybrook Point Inn and Spa. I just can't recommend this venue enough. You won't regret having your wedding here!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/18/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment my husband and I walked into the Saybrook Point Inn to tour it as a potential venue for our wedding, we knew it was the one for us. The look and feel of the Saybrook Point Inn has that quintessential New England vibe we were looking for. It's set on a beautiful marina and the entire grounds--from the docks, to the restaurant, to the outside patio, the ballroom, etc are classy and stunning. It has a casual elegance that you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else in the area. Furthermore, the team at Saybrook Point Inn are the absolute best. My husband and I worked with Sara as our wedding manager and I cannot say enough good things about our experience with her. She worked with us for many months and helped us plan every detail. She was patient with all of the questions and left no stone unturned to ensure we had everything we needed and wanted. The tasting for couples is such a great experience and gives couples an opportunity to not only taste the food and get a feel for the venue, but you also get to meet florists, cake bakers, lighting specialists, etc. When it came time for our actual wedding, we knew we were in such good hands that we didn't worry about a thing and were able to completely enjoy ourselves. We chose Dean from SPI to be with us throughout the day and provide us with 1 on 1 attention for anything we needed and he was amazing! In addition to Dean, there was a team of individuals who helped make sure everything went seamlessly. There wasn't a single moment where I was checking on anything, looking for a drink, etc. The food was incredible. We had a ton of guests approach us saying it was the absolute best food they had ever had a wedding and I couldn't agree more. Overall, the entire experience with SPI was better than my husband and I could have imagined and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone for their wedding or event!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/21/13, 3 Reviews