Saybrook Point Inn and Spa Reviews

Saybrook Point Inn and Spa 6
  • Kyrsta

Kyrsta · Married on 05/31/2019

Wedding Venue

So helpful and professional from the beginning! I was so relaxed while I was planning my wedding because of how helpful they were! Our wedding day went perfectly and their attention to detail is unmatched. They took care of our every need and were so attentive.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Rachel · Married on 12/08/2018

Organized, Beautiful, Professional, and Delicious Food!

The team at Saybrook Point Inn takes professionalism to a new level. Their commitment and attention to every moment of our wedding weekend made everything so incredibly smooth and left us with plenty of time and energy to enjoy. Their food is amazing, their venue beautiful, Krystal is organized and responsive to a fault, and they truly think of every single detail relating to your night. If you are looking for a beautiful venue that will take a huge chunk of wedding planning stress off your shoulders, I couldn't recommend SPI more!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Danielle · Married on 08/18/2018

Having our reception at Saybrook Point Inn was one of the best decisions we made in the planning process! Krystal made the entire planning process from start to finish so easy, she is extremely organized, responded almost immediately to every email and phone call and countless question we had along the way. She never tried to persuade us with decisions but was extremely helpful when we needed advice or suggestions. We couldn’t have been happier with the Inn and staff the weekend of our wedding! From the moment we arrived to drop off the wedding decor a few days before until they were handing us the top of our cake the next morning, the staff was phenomenal. They treated us and our guests like absolute royalty. Every staff member we encountered was welcoming, friendly, polite and professional. The grounds were immaculate and made the weekend so fun! The bridal party loved spending the weekend there, enjoying the pool, Saybrook Room, restaurant and bar and walking around the marina. Our guests raved about how good the food was and mentioned that they felt like the appetizers kept coming and coming during cocktail hour! Matt and I especially loved that our personal servers were at our side with our own whole tray of hot appetizers from the moment we came in from taking pictures. They were attentive throughout the entire reception, we never had to wait for a drink or anything we needed. They also made sure the end of the night was a breeze! Matt and I nor the bridal party had to lift a finger to get everything packed back up. They even went as far as decorating our bed as a surprise when we got back to the bridal suite! If we could give SPI and the staff more than 5 stars we absolutely would, highly recommend!

Sent on 09/29/2018
    Saybrook Point Inn and Spa 7

Carolyn · Married on 07/28/2018

Everything was top notch from beginning to end. I highly reccommend saybrook point to anyone who wants to be taken care of in all aspects especially on day of wedding. Timing was perfect, hall was perfect, cocktail hour perfect, photo location perfect and of course the food was amazing. Compliiments the whole evening and beyond. Krystal does an amazing job and shes good at what she does.

Sent on 08/31/2018

Catie · Married on 07/21/2018

Saybrook Point Inn was the perfect choice for our wedding! We were able to have a boat entrance for our cocktail hour and I have never felt more cared for in my life! The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. Our guests said the food was spectacular and everyone had such an amazing time at our wedding! Thank you!!

Sent on 09/18/2018
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 06/02/2018

All the staff from bobby and Lito to Jeff and his son and fran and Krystal and Shelby and late night staff were absolutely amazing in helping with anything we could possibly need from cleaning my dress to letting us chance the rain to the last second so we could get married outside!! They were so professional making sure my fience and I did not run into each other on our wedding Morning and always by our side for any comforting we needed during any panic moments of the wedding and willing to just fix it no questions asked like family would. The receptionist when we arrived early had brown hair and she was also right there to make us as comfortable as possible. Our wedding at Saybrook was a dream come true and we have already booked for our anniversary and it has only been 3 days!! We can’t wait to go back!!!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Kate · Married on 05/25/2018

Saybrook Point Inn was a perfect venue for the wedding of my dreams! The service was beyond exceptional and exceeded my every hope. They never once told me or my family no to any crazy demand we threw at them. Whatever we asked for they would accommodate, even things we didn’t think to ask! Saybrook Point Inn was easy to work with and the value and quality is amazing! My family and guests were so blown away with the venue and service, it made the entire event that much more special. I cannot express how happy and pleased we are with our experience. We cannot wait to make Saybrook Point Inn part of all our family events and create more memories there. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Jess · Married on 12/31/2017

Our wedding at Saybrook Point was beyond all of our expectations! Everything was absolutely perfect- from the staff, venue, food/drinks/etc. The entire day flowed so smoothly, and my husband and I didn't worry about a thing. Krystal was a dream to work with- she always provided prompt responses and helped make the planning process a breeze. We were able to drop off all of our decor with her days before the wedding as well - and on our wedding day everything was setup perfectly- it was such a relief to not have to worry about that! Joe was also incredible on the day of- he helped with anything and everything we needed, and was the most attentive
    person we have ever met! Before, during, and after we always felt taken care of- it was truly the wedding of our dreams and we would recommend Saybrook Point to anyone.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Jessica · Married on 07/08/2017

I got married at the Saybrook Point Inn recently and it was better than I could have imagined. Thanks to Krystal, Shelby, Sara, Donna and Joe for helping my husband and I every step of the way. Our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was, how good the food was and how great the service was. Thanks to the staff at SPI we were stress free the entire day. I highly recommend this venue to anyone searching for the perfect wedding spot.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Saybrook Point Inn and Spa's reply:

Good Morning Jessica,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit this review. We always love to hear from our brides. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to everyone.

Regards,
    Sara Sheiffele
    Director of Sales

Meghan · Married on 07/02/2017

My husband and I fell in love with this venue as soon as we saw it in person. We had the perfect wedding day in July! Krystal, our wedding manager, did an amazing job helping us prepare and plan our details for our wedding. We were so pleased with the staff's professionalism every step of the way in planning our perfect wedding day. The timing with getting back to us on any questions or concerns we had was impeccable, and that truly showed their commitment. Donna was amazing to work with at the reception and she helped make everything run smoothly. The wait staff was more than helpful and we appreciate all of their hard work on that day! The food (hors d'oeuvres and dinner) was absolutely delicious and enjoyed by all of our guests. Our wedding day was a true fairytale and we cannot thank the staff at Saybrook Point Inn enough for all they have done to make this possible!

Sent on 11/12/2017
    Saybrook Point Inn and Spa 8
    Saybrook Point Inn and Spa 9
    Saybrook Point Inn and Spa 10
    Saybrook Point Inn and Spa 11
    Saybrook Point Inn and Spa 12

Megan · Married on 06/17/2017

Saybrook Point Inn was an amazing venue to have our wedding this past June. Even though it rained (good luck, right?!), the Inn has a great indoor back-up in place and everything flowed seamlessly. Krystal and Donna were amazing on the day of and their expertise was definitely noticed. The Inn is a great venue for the views, the beauty of the Inn itself, the value of the additional vendors they have (definitely check out their raw bar and gelato bar) and the relationships they have with outside vendors like Floral Affair and Creative Cakes by Donna. I love to eat and was thrilled about how many compliments we received about the food; everything prepared by the Inn is delicious. Our day was really special and I think the fact that we had it at the Inn was a big part of that.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Robyn · Married on 05/06/2017

Amazing venue, gorgeous location professional staff! Our wedding at the Saybrook Point Inn was everything we could have dreamt of and more. Everything was taken care of, we didn't have to worry about anything. Every staff member was top notch. The hospitality and high level of service was consistent and made a very positive impression on our families and our guests. I can't say enough about how happy we were with this venue from start to finish!

Sent on 05/25/2017
  • I

Illona · Married on 07/24/2016

The venue itself is gorgeous- staff professional, understanding, creative and very dedicated to making you have the best wedding experience. Only one wedding is scheduled per evening- which makes the experience very personalized.
    Recommend couple upgrading to stay in the lighthouse for their honeymoon night. It is away by itself at the far end of a dock.
    The experience itself was amazing - staff was accommodating to the bride and groom as well as every single guest, whether they stayed overnight or not. The consults we had for the wedding day were very professional - even cleaned my daughter's train on hands and knees before the ceremony (train had gotten a little dirty from the First look photos on a dock).
    Guests were totally impressed that everything ran on time; the food was delicious; service for all guests was very prompt during dinner.
    Two cautions: First, Although gorgeous and comfortable, the hotel rooms are for guests are very expensive during summer months (>$300.00/night) but the location is well worth it!
    Second, you cannot not bring any of your own liquor or food to use - such as for luncheons. However, their wraps for the getting ready day were delicious; as was the food selected for the after party in the bar.

Sent on 08/07/2016

Mark · Married on 07/16/2016

The Inn was amazing. Everything moved forward smoothly and without any issue. We were so pleased and are very appreciative of the professionalism of everyone there.

Sent on 08/09/2016

Amanda · Married on 06/17/2016

What a perfect day we had, and everyone was so accommodating. If you choose Saybrook for your special day ...you won't be disappointed ! Friends and family are still telling us that "it was the best wedding they've ever been to!" Food, all the waiters and waitresses , along with Sarah, Valerie and Ellen were all great.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Lisa · Married on 06/11/2016

Saybrook Point Inn was the most perfect setting for our wedding this past June! Once we stepped foot onto the property, we knew this was the place for us. You are surrounded by beautiful water views and the inn itself has classic New England charm. We spent several afternoons enjoying a cocktail at one of many tables overlooking their marina during the planning process. We chose to have our rehearsal dinner at their restaurant, Fresh Salt, and a farewell brunch the morning after the wedding. We were able to have our "wedding weekend" all on site and in one place, which felt like a mini vacation for us and our guests who chose to stay with us at the Inn. We never once had to leave the Inn which was convenient for us and our families/friends. All of the staff were always so king and welcoming. We initially met with Sara and then went on to work with a few different coordinators through our engagement. Everyone we worked with were all so professional, accommodating, responsive, and helpful. Response times were always so quick which made the planning process so much smoother. Sara absolutely knows her stuff and helped us so much through all of our decision making to help us create our perfect wedding. The weather the day of the wedding was questionable. An afternoon of rain caused us to consider moving the ceremony inside. Everyone was willing to wait until the last possible minute, hours before the start time, to make the call. Luckily they did because sure enough the sun came out and we were able to have our wedding outside at their beautiful Compass Rose ceremony site. Our guests raved about how beautiful the ceremony & cocktail hour were, the delicious food, and ambiance through the entire day. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure the Bride and Groom are well taken care of the entire night so you can just enjoy every second of the day. We have already planned a trip back for our anniversary and we are so excited to return to this beautiful place!

Sent on 11/06/2016
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I just got back from our "mini-moon" at Saybrook Point Inn-we went away for a long weekend after the wedding since we're not going on our official honeymoon for a few months. We were so happy with everything about the Inn-our room was very comfortable and had its own fireplace and view of the marina, the staff was wonderful, the restaurant on-site is delicious (definitely go for the brunch buffet!) and we had great massages at the spa. The Inn is located on a beautiful spot on the waterfront and we had a great time just walking around the marina and the surrounding area. While we were there there were 3 weddings and it looks like they do a beautiful job with those. We will definitely be coming back for another long weekend.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Stacey · Married on 05/29/2015

I knew when we booked this venue it was beautiful but never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined how much more amazing it would get. From day one Sara Sheiffele, wedding coordinator and her team were extremely helpful. Their recommendations and advice over the course of the planning process were very helpful. From the minute I stepped out of my car during my wedding weekend I was treated as if I were the only person there. The best part was that my family and guests felt the same way. Their attention to every detail and genuine care pre wedding, during and after made the experience one I will NEVER forget. My wedding was above a

Sent on 05/31/2015

Kelly · Married on 05/09/2015

All you need to know is that the Saybrook Point Inn is amazing! From the moment I visiting and met Sara everything was perfect. The venue is gorgeous, people at my wedding could not stop telling me how much they loved it and how New England it was. I arrived the day before my wedding and got a massage, manicure, and pedicure - the spa was awesome. Everyone is so polite and it really is the most relaxed I could have been starting the wedding weekend. The bellhops are so accommodating, they unloaded many cars worth of wedding stuff and grandparents with a smile on their faces. My bridal suite was beautiful and big enough for my hair stylist and make up artist to get 5 women ready with other visiting and relaxing throughout the day. Thank goodness for Sara and Donna - these women made my wedding day truly perfect. They came to see my in the am to make sure all details were confirmed and checked again with weather updates. They really handled everything you would ever need. They took care of talking with the florist, bakery, band, officiant, and photographers without me asking and knew exactly what I wanted to happen. I live in Washington, DC so dealing with the planning from afar could have been difficult, but not with Sara. She responds to emails and phone calls promptly and allowed me to have the menu and special vegan alterations I wanted without any difficulty. The service at the wedding was also just great, wine was full and many many hors d'oeuvres were passed. We had 2 serves just for my husband and I which was really special. I really could go on and on about how amazing this venue is but I think you will see it if you visit. I will definitely plan to go back to visit often.

Sent on 05/13/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/03/2014

From the moment we stepped onto the Saybrook Point Inn's property we knew this was the wedding venue for us. Beyond it's New England charm & incredible views of the water & marina, the venue had so much to offer. We arranged a tour of the site one morning on a whim. Boy, were we thankful for that "whim"! We were warmly welcomed & accommodated by every staff member on site from the moment we walked through the door even before we made it official. The venue is family-owned so we experienced outstanding, personal service throughout our planning process. We never felt like "just another client". We specifically worked with Ken, Ellen, & Donna on the sales/banquet team who were all absolutely marvelous. Ken was accommodating with our needs & made sure everything in our contract was clear, understood, & to our liking. Ellen took it from there & was with us every step of the planning process. Always prompt to respond, she answered every question & constantly offered solutions & enthusiasm for every detail. Donna made sure the day-of went along without a hitch. As a former corporate event planner, I have worked with many planners but this team is top-notch, seasoned, & dedicated! They make you feel like you're planning your wedding with your friends, not hired professionals.The day of the wedding could not have run any smoother. Everything from the complimentary shuttle to Donna making sure we were able to enjoy our meals at the reception amidst greeting all our guests. They even surprised us with champagne in our room and complimentary SPI glasses for us to take home at the end of the evening. And we must mention the food. Oh the food! It was INCREDIBLE - not your typical banquet food. We truly cannot imagine having had our wedding anywhere else. The entire process was stress-free and fun! We cannot wait to go back to the SPI to celebrate our future anniversaries. It will always have a dear place in our heart.

Sent on 11/19/2014

The Saybrook Point Inn is amazing. The staff, location, food, and service were top notch! Everyone flowed effortlessly. They did such an amazing job - by far the best reception location. All the guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about everything. Definitely worth every penny...I would choose them in a heartbeat again!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Kerrianne · Married on 08/30/2014

Having our wedding at Saybrook Point Inn was the best decision I ever could have made aside from marrying my husband!! They are organized, professional and courteous. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure every guest has all that they need and that they have a great time.

The bride and groom are given the royal treatment and they take away all of your stress so you can just enjoy your night.

The ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were gorgeous. I love the reception room, we had a lot of people but it never felt crowded yet it felt wonderfully intimate.

I love, love, love Saybrook Point Inn and am excited to spend our wedding anniversary there this year!!!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Renee · Married on 07/20/2014

My review is based on Donna, our wedding coordinator the day of my aunts wedding. Donna was AMAZING!!!! She assured me everything would be set up according to my layout I had giving her for the table center pcs, cake table, and candy buffet. She did a PERFECT JOB! Donna was friendly, outgoing, attentive, and most of all professional. Donna you Rock! She noticed the moment my aunts dress strap broke!! Took her right into the other room and fixed it the best she could. It was such a pleasure meeting and working with you.

Sent on 08/03/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/13/2014

The staff was amazing and my wedding turned out beautifully -- I couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Jen · Married on 06/14/2014

This location was beautiful to have a water/maria venue for your wedding. The staff was so helpful and amazing. Everything was perfect for our wedding day!

Sent on 12/05/2014