Sarah Sekaly Photography Reviews

33 Reviews for Sarah Sekaly Photography

• LeeByrum

Lee Byrum · Married on 11/06/2020

Sarah is amazing

Sarah was the best decision we made regarding our wedding. Not only is she an amazing photographer, but she is so personable and easy to work with! I had both my bridal session and my wedding day photographed by Sarah (and Sam!) and I have some of the most amazing pictures, including night photos that I never would have thought of! She was so important for structuring and directing our family photos, which can be difficult because my family can be hard to round up. Sarah knew exactly where to take us for certain photos and made sure to incorporate all of the inspiration photos I sent her, so I barely had to even think or stress about anything. Overall I would highly recommend Sarah and know you definitely won't regret it!

Sent on 11/13/2020
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 10/31/2020

Choose Sarah- you won't regret it!

What can I say about Sarah? She was absolutely amazing to work with. From the first time I spoke with her on the phone I knew we were going to get along. I was a little nervous to meet her for our engagement photos. I had no idea what to expect, would it be awkward? Would she make us feel comfortable? How would the photos turn out? She put my now husband and I at total ease. She is easy going and very friendly. We never felt like we were having our picture taken. We just laughed the whole time. She felt like an old friend! It was surprising how comfortable we felt with her. I knew the day of our wedding we would be spending a lot of time together so it was important that we get along. After our engagement session I was so impressed with how personable, professional, and warm she is. On top of that our photos turned out amazing. I got so many compliments on them! She did a fabulous job! We used her for engagement photos, bridal portraits, and our wedding day. All of our photos have turned out beautifully. I have not seen all our wedding photos yet but I have no doubt they'll be beautiful. In the days leading up to the wedding Sarah was organized and put together a timeline of the day. She made me feel so calm and prepared with how responsive and organized she was. I truly loved working with Sarah. She is a talented photographer and an absolute joy to have by your side on your wedding day. She knows what she's doing, trust her. I did and was so thankful I did. Plus her photos are great quality and she's affordable, unlike a lot of wedding photographers. I suggest using her site to buy photos, I ordered my bridal portrait from her and was so happy how it turned out, such great quality. I plan to order more photos from our wedding day from her. Sarah thank you so much! You put me at total ease. I loved working with you and will miss seeing you. Through the wedding planning process you became a friend and I am so glad I got to know you. Dakota and I already agreed you're our photographer for life. You know we'll drive to Raleigh just to see you. Thank you again Sarah!

Sent on 11/19/2020

Jennifer Jones · Married on 10/24/2020

Our experience with Sarah was fantastic.

Sarah was FANTASTIC! Sarah was so great to have around on our wedding day. She captured every moment perfectly and was just a joy to have her spend some time with us. Sarah is full of ideas and I had put all my trust in her that she would capture our wedding perfectly. Her and her partner Sam feel like they are just great friends of the wedding party and fit right in. We are so thankful to have had her photograph our special day.

Megan Alexander · Married on 08/08/2020

Absolutely Amazing! Sarah is the Best!!

Sarah is the absolute best!! She was tremendously helpful throughout the entire process and so easy to work with. When doing my bridal shoots, she knew exactly how to have fun and get me feeling confident in myself.. which is the whole reason I think my pictures turned out so good! I have gotten several compliments on my pictures, some people even commenting that they are the best bridal portraits they have seen. Lastly, despite Covid-19 and my husband receiving military orders that would relocate us, Sarah remained understanding, compassionate, and human!! She was truly one of the only vendors we had that really made sure to work with us despite every unforeseen circumstance. You will not regret booking her as your wedding photographer!

• Mary

Mary Helen Fennell · Married on 07/11/2020

100/10 Incredible Photographer

Sarah was a true blessing in disguise for us and our wedding. My husband and I have worked with Sarah twice now (one for a friend’s wedding and one for mine), and both as a client and former wedding caterer I cannot say enough praises for her. As a 2020 pandemic bride, everything you plan is a complete shot in the dark. Sarah was with us every step of the way and was beyond understanding/flexible/supportive every step of the way. She was thorough without being invasive, supportive, and incredibly helpful both leading up to and day of our wedding. The day of our wedding flowed without a single hiccup thanks to her, and she captured so many beautiful moments I would have never thought to ask for. Our photos were returned or us faster than I ever expected, and each one brought tears to my eyes. She really and truly captures the true essence of me and my husband. Do yourself a favor and book Sarah. You will never for a second regret or question it.

Sent on 10/16/2020

Katie · Married on 05/29/2020

Breath taking photos

Sarah has a natural talent. Her work is outstanding and made me feel beautiful. She makes something stressful completely stress free.

Taylor · Married on 05/23/2020

Best wedding photographer in NC

If you are nervous or worried about having your photo taken, look no further than Sarah Sekaly Photography! Me and my husband were both nervous to be in front of the camera because neither of us had professional photos done before and we knew we didn’t want to commit to just anyone taking our pictures. We hired Sarah for an engagement session to see how we felt around her and if we liked how the photos turned out. Needless to say, right after the engagement session (before we even saw the finished photos) we both knew we wanted to hire her for our wedding day! She instantly made us feel so comfortable and knew exactly what to say to get the most beautiful and natural photos out of us. She was so professional, but balanced that by making it really fun for us (we were laughing and smiling the whole time). On our wedding day she blew us away even more! She asked us ahead of time about the photos we really wanted on the wedding day. From detail photos of my wedding dress, to intimate photos of use as newly weds, she made sure to capture the most important shots we wanted. Not only did we have any amazing time working with her, but our photos couldn’t have turned more beautiful! She had sneak peak photos ready for us 2 days after the wedding and the rest of them were done a month later (so she isn’t like other photographers that can take months before you see your pictures). We were blown away with her ability to capture us as a couple, while making us look amazing on such a special day! If you need anymore convincing just look at the pictures and know you’ll be working with someone who wants you to love your day and the pictures that capture it!

Sent on 10/30/2020
  • Katarina

Katarina Lombardo · Married on 03/13/2020

Best Day Ever!! 3.13.2020

I honestly don’t even know where to start. SARAH WAS AMAZING!!!! From start to finish, Sarah took charge, made sure all members of the wedding party and family knew what to do, and made sure to meet every single request we had. I will be forever grateful for her amazing work and making our wedding the best day of our lives.

Sarah blew us away with the captured moments. Her style was absolutely perfect! Hitting every angle, meeting our beautiful requests and went above and beyond our vision. Our sneakpeak literally brought tears to our eyes.

Sarah’s partner, Sam, worked with the men for the first part of the day. Sam was absolutely brilliant! He got amazing pictures of all the groomsmen, mixed up the poses and group order to differentiate the pictures!

All and all, I couldn’t ask for a better experience! Sarah and Sam, you literally captured the day brilliantly! Thank you 1000x for the memories you’ve captured for us

Sent on 03/15/2020
  • Khadija

Khadija · Married on 02/16/2020

Amazing Wedding Photographer!!!

I was first referred to Sarah from my bestfriend whose wedding she did last year and what can I say! I am so impressed with Sarah’s work ethic, creativity and patience! From my engagement shoot to my wedding day Sarah has consistently provided us with AMAZING shots and has been super accommodating to my requests! She always makes sure I look like a goddess and we cannot recommend her enough! She so professional and will ensure that your big day goes without a hitch! She pays attention to detail and is just all around great! I look forward to using Sarah’s services in the future and if you haven’t booked a photographer yet go call her now!

Sent on 02/19/2020

Lea · Married on 12/29/2019

Sarah is the absolute best!!!

Hiring Sarah to be our wedding photographer was hands down one of the best wedding-related decisions I made (second only to the decision to marry my now-husband in the first place)!

Sarah is very prompt and thorough. We booked her almost a year in advance of our wedding date but she would check-in every couple of months or so to see if I had any questions (photography related or otherwise), which I really appreciated (especially since we live out of state and couldn’t meet in-person until the day of).

On the day of our wedding, Sarah did so much more for us than just take pictures; she really served as both our photographer and day-of coordinator (she even helped bustle my dress!). Not only did Sarah do an amazing job directing everyone for pictures and otherwise, she’s also super cool and funny and we loved working with her and her second shooter, Sam. They were both able to have fun and joke around with us while remaining completely professional, which is the best of both worlds.

Sarah sent us a “sneak peek” of the photos (about 20 or so) the very next day and we got the rest back less than five weeks later. They are absolutely beautiful and we couldn’t be happier.

Do yourself a favor and hire Sarah as your wedding photographer (and try to get Sam as your second shooter!!). I promise you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 02/03/2020
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 10/19/2019

Fantastic photographer! Best vendor decision you will make!

Sarah was AMAZING!!! From start to finish, she was so responsive and easy to work with. She went above and beyond, even developing a day-of timeline for us and offering advice/answering our random wedding questions. And her photos are just PHENOMENAL. They captured the color and energy and emotion of the day just beautifully. Cannot recommend Sarah highly enough!

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 10/13/2019

Best photographer ever! We love sarah!

I just want to share our AMAZING experience with Sarah Sekaly Photography! Sarah is kind, professional, and the most wonderful person to work with! Coming from someone who gets shy in front of the camera, she not only made me feel comfortable, she also made this entire experience TONS of fun! She did our engagement photos, my bridal portraits AND our wedding day! I wouldn’t have it any other way. Not only does she do GORGEOUS work, but she also is extremely timely! We even received our sneak peaks the DAY AFTER the wedding! (And I cant stop staring!) So amazing! I was nervous about photos when it rained on my wedding day, but Sarah went above and beyond and made them even more stunning than I could have ever imagined. She eased our minds, and took the most BEAUTIFUL photos in the rain (which turned out to be some of my absolute favorites!) We’ll be using Sarah for all of our future photography needs! 100% recommend hands down!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Lauren Rainey · Married on 10/05/2019

Wedding Photographer

Sarah was everything we could have asked for and more in a wedding photographer. She and Sam, were kind experts who led us through the day flawlessly. My bridal portraits with Sarah were a dream, and she got them to me in such a timely manner. Our family and guests could not get over how organized and well put together she and Sam were as a team! Our wedding pictures were beautiful and captured our day and personalities perfectly. Highly recommend Sarah for all photography needs!

Sent on 12/15/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Lanning · Married on 09/28/2019

Fairytales Do Come True

When my now husband and I booked Sarah, we had no idea what we were getting into.... What we got was a beautiful soul with a caring heart. A photographer that looks out for her clients every second that she is there. Our pictures are priceless, and our experience is one that we frequently rave about! When you book Sarah, just know that you’re getting so much more than amazing photographer!

Sent on 12/19/2019

Kristie R · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing photographer!

Sarah is amazing to work with! Her and her assistant made our day so special. I am not one who is very comfortable in front of the camera but Sarah and Sam had us laughing all day and made the whole process so fun and effortless. Sarah had great tips for us and touched base with us several times before our special day. We have only seen the sneak peek photos so far but they are absolutely gorgeous. Sarah is so gifted at what she does and we are so thankful she was there on our special day to share that gift with us!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Lexi Moyer · Married on 05/26/2019

Engagement and Wedding

If you’re looking for an engagement/wedding/life photographer CHECK SARAH OUT! She was so wonderful to work with. Honestly, having her at the wedding made it run so smoothly. She is kind, funny, devoted and SO TALENTED. Please please book her. Her second photographer (Sam in my case) was also wonderful.

Sent on 08/01/2019

Michael · Married on 05/25/2019

Sarah Sekaly made our wedding

Sarah and her team were honestly made our wedding day. Her team made sure we had fun and told us exactly where to be and what to do. She coordinated almost all of our guests and made sure she captured all the picture perfect moments for us to remember our day with. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer to be around our wedding day.

Sent on 05/09/2019

Abbie McDonald · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing Experience

Sarah went above and beyond everything we could have hoped for. Not only was she always punctual in responding to emails, calls, texts, etc. but she was always very sweet and accommodating to our every need. She made planning a wedding so easy and took the stress off my plate. She was also amazing the day of organizing all of the pictures even with a big family and managing lots of crying kids who were tired of pictures. She never once seemed irritated or annoyed and always had a smile on her face. She also was super flexible the day of with weather delays and moving times and locations of pictures. We have referred her to several of our friends and will continue to do so!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Mary Osteen · Married on 04/06/2019

Sarah Sekaly is AMAZING!

From start to finish, Sarah did an amazing job with our wedding! So much so that ever since I have been anxiously waiting on when we could have her photograph us again! Very professional, (the best) sarcastic humor, and super fun to work with. She's the type of photographer that you want her to be your friend after the wedding is over. :) After our wedding, my sister-in-law and one of my good friends also used her for their weddings and she was just as professional and wonderful too! Everyone loves Sarah - I cannot recommend her enough!!!

Sent on 10/16/2020
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Gilchrist · Married on 12/01/2018

Most beautiful pictures I have ever seen!

Sarah is absolutely amazing at what she does! She and her assistant made our day run so smoothly. It rained all day on our wedding day and I was beginning to get discouraged, but after the first shot, Sarah showed me the picture and I was FLOORED. My pictures are STUNNING. She hung out with us while all of my girls got ready and not only took beautiful pictures, but helped us get ready! Giving us tips and letting us know what would look best for the camera. She is super funny and easy to get along with and will fit right in with your guests, which makes for very natural "candid" pictures of your guests. I loved it! I will definitely use her again for future photos!

Sent on 12/23/2018

Davisha · Married on 11/11/2018

11:11 Making Wishes Come True

When planning my wedding I did a lot of research on finding high quality photographers. My photos were a top priority on my wedding planning list. I came across Sarah Sekaly Photography and instantly fell in love with her wedding website and photos. Due to the phenomenal work, I was surprised by her reasonable pricing however she explained that photography was her passion. Sarah conducted our engagement shoot, bridal shoot and wedding. She had great energy and made us feel comfortable at all times. We had a ball during our sessions and Sarah captured so many beautiful shots. Sarah has an eye for detail and capturing in the moment candids that you’ll appreciate later. She also includes poses and is very creative with her shots. Overall Sarah has become our go to photographer and I’ve recommended her on several occasions. As the years go by she will continue to conduct our family photos.

Sent on 08/17/2019

Darielle · Married on 06/02/2018

Sarah is absolutely amazing! The few times she’s taken photos for us (engagement and wedding photos) were such wonderful experiences. She captured incredible photographs of my family and the quality of the photos are more than I could’ve asked. Will highly recommend her for any of your photography needs!! Hoping for a chance to work with her again soon!! Can’t Thank you enough for EVERYTHING!!! Such a pleasure working with you!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Carrigan · Married on 05/19/2018

Sarah and her team are absolutely brilliant! Choosing her to photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we made in planning. She is so friendly and helpful, and I would recommend her to anyone with photographer needs!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Emily · Married on 05/12/2018

I know it can be really easy to just put 5 stars, but we really loved working with Sarah Sekaly Photography! Our wedding was super hot, and they took amazing pictures, kept everyone moving quickly, and were considerate of the older folks in our family. From beginning to end, it was a pleasure to work with Sarah. I was worried about spending a lot of money on pictures. But, she fit within our budget even though the quality of her photos easily competed with the higher priced wedding photographers. She was a blessing for us and managed to capture our favorite moments from the wedding. So worth it!!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Katie · Married on 04/21/2018

i hired Sarah over the phone from florida for my April wedding without ever meeting her. I would recommend her in a heart beat. I was complimented about how well she and the other photographer did...but honestly none of that matters, its how the photos turned out-- they are beautiful. She did exactly what we like, pretty, candid and natural. I love them and would recommend her without even thinking about it.

As a first time bride (at 45) you really want to have your favorite photos of yourself be from that day and she did. My favorite photos I have ever taken are from that day. Sarah is amazing. I tried to include a variety of what she caught, poised, emotional, happy, funny....she did great! I have already made 3 wedding books (one for my husband and I, my parents and his parents).

Thank you again Sarah!