Sarah Joann Photography Reviews

Sarah Joann Photography 6
Sarah Joann Photography 7
  • Vannessa

Vannessa Marin · Married on 11/23/2018

Fun, Kind, and Professional!

Sarah and Kyle were AMAZING! From the beginning through to the end they offered endless support, advice and guidance. We couldn’t have asked for better photographers for our wedding. They were able to make the whole photo taking process go by so smooth especially with our huge blended family. We definitely enjoyed having them with us on our special day.

Evan Adams · Married on 11/11/2018

Perfection.

Sarah and her husband Kyle were...well perfect. Our experience with them was very professional but relaxed. Our pictures were done pre wedding due to lighting, and they knew just what to say to calm our nerves to allow us to enjoy the photo session. Most importantly, the pictures turned out beautiful.

Rebecca · Married on 11/03/2018

Best photographer!

Sarah-Joanne Photography was fantastic to work with! We could not recommend a better vendor. They made the process of planning before our special day incredibly easy and stress free. They were flexible and efficient during our wedding day making sure we enjoyed the day but also ensuring everything was captured. The turn around time to getting our photographs was incredibly fast and the end results were beautiful! Hands down our favorite/best decision when selecting vendors!

• Kristina

Kristina · Married on 10/12/2018

Sarah is incredible! We hired her as our wedding day photographer and the package we chose came with a 1-hour engagement session, which turned out AMAZING. I'm still swooning over how much I love these photos of us! Not only was Sarah super accommodating after bad weather postponed our initial date, but she found the most unique/picturesque location to shoot. Sarah gave us a ton of direction on how to pose, but we never felt (or look) staged or uncomfortable. It was effortless, and it definitely shows in our pictures. She also brought her husband (and second shooter), Kyle, which was great. They are both so laid-back and fun. It was like hanging out with friends during our shoot.

Our session was Dec. 16, so I asked Sarah for just one frame-worthy shot to give my Grandma in time for Christmas. She went above & beyond by sending over ALL of our photos in less than a week!! Amazing!!

I can't wait for our wedding day, and after our engagement session I am confident that Sarah will capture memories that we'll cherish for a lifetime. Hiring the perfect photographer was high on my priority list for our wedding and Sarah checks every single box.

Sarah Joann Photography 8
    Sarah Joann Photography 9

Erin · Married on 10/06/2018

The Absolute Best!

We have nothing but wonderful things to say about our experiences working with Sarah and her husband, Kyle. From our first meeting with Sarah, she was beyond professional, organized, and answered every question we had. During our engagement shoot, as well on our wedding day, she always made us feel so comfortable and made the process feel effortless. Due to her amazing talent and wonderful suggestions (she picked out the most perfect locations for us!), we couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. Our friends and family are still raving about how beautiful the photographs are and how much they enjoyed working with Sarah and Kyle. They captured every moment in such a perfect way and we look forward to cherishing our photos forever. We cannot wait to work with her again!

• Heather

Heather · Married on 08/25/2018

Sarah is amazing!

Sarah was a dream to work with! She took the time to ask the right questions and we ended up with the most amazing pictures. It's hard to explain in words how beautiful these pictures are!! I would 1000% recommend having Sarah as your photographer, she really is worth it!! Here's her Google Listing https://goo.gl/maps/24adwRGVUiN2

Sarah Joann Photography 10
    Sarah Joann Photography 11
    Sarah Joann Photography 12
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 08/13/2018

Sarah was like having a close friend perfectly capture your wedding day

Sarah not only made our day special, but took the time before the wedding to get to know me and my husband. She always took my ideas into consideration and I never once doubted her ability to capture our special day. We love all our wedding photos and can’t wait to share them with our friends and family (:

Sarah Joann Photography 13
    Sarah Joann Photography 14

Taylor Bain · Married on 06/23/2018

Exceeded My Expectations!

My wedding was not local (I live in Tennessee) and I therefore didn't know of any photographers in the Raleigh area. I did some research on Wedding Wire and came across Sarah and immediately fell in love with her work. We scheduled a phone call and along with being incredibly friendly, she was very personable, flexible and shaped our wedding day package to be exactly what we needed--I cannot express how hard she worked to set up the day exactly how I wanted it. Up until the wedding day, the invoicing, day of timeline, and responsiveness were convenient, helpful & professional. On the day of, her and her husband, Kyle, were the dream team, making us feel comfortable and somehow capturing our entire day even with a really strict timeline. The quality of our pictures are stellar--I mean I am OBSESSED. Her and Kyle capture photos with a style that tells a story and in the moment as opposed to posed photos anyone can take. And the cherry on top? She recently sent us customized holiday greeting cards featuring one of our wedding photos "just because". I could not recommend her enough!

Sarah Joann Photography 15
    Sarah Joann Photography 16
    Sarah Joann Photography 17

Hayleigh · Married on 05/12/2018

Sarah and her husband did a phenomenal job of capturing every moment of our wedding. She was incredible to work with. We will absolutely work with her again in the future. She provided a fantastic experience.

Sarah Joann Photography 18
    Sarah Joann Photography 19
    Sarah Joann Photography 20

Alana · Married on 12/15/2017

Guys, if you decide to go with Sarah, you will NOT regret it! I can't tell you how happy I am with everything that Sarah did for us! Woohooooo! I am one happy bride! Just got my gallery of all the pictures, and I am just sooooo beyond pleased with all of these pictures. I was showing my sister yesterday, and she was like, "wow, you have SO many good ones to post! Usually people only have a few really stellar ones. All of these are soooo nice." And it's so true! I love her photography style, the color and lighting is seriously on point. I had a pretty casual and low-key wedding, and photography was one of the things I wanted to make sure was top notch, and it WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT. I have these amazing pictures for the rest of my life <3 And her pricing is waaay reasonable and totally worth it. Totally would recommend a million times!!!

• Haley

Haley · Married on 08/26/2017

She will make you look skinny and beautiful!

Sarah was absolutely amazing to work with! My pictures turned out way more beautiful than I had imagined. Normally after a photoshoot you would expect to scan through and find all the pictures you loved and the pictures that made you look bad. I was 6 months pregnant for my big day but I didn't want to see the baby weight anywhere except for my tummy. She knows how to emphasize your best features and minimize things fit you don't want to see on your wedding day! Instead, she captured all the emotion and love and I truly felt beautiful. I truly loved every single picture. My husband and I also found it was comfortable and fun to work with her. Sarah made some suggestions to restructure my wedding schedule. Obviously I had no idea how the timing that I already planned would affect my stress level. The suggestions that she made created a stress free flowing day where I was able to enjoy all the time with my family and friends without having to worry about squeezing pictures in. It was a game-changer! I recommend her highly!

Chelsea · Married on 07/01/2017

We loved working with Sarah! She took family photos for us, and we couldn’t be happier with the results! She is so creative and we got a great variety of photos back. She made us feel comfortable and helped us a ton with posing during our session! The photos she takes are absolutely beautiful and they are something we will cherish forever! We highly recommend working with Sarah, you won’t regret doing it!!!

Kathryn · Married on 05/27/2017

I have nothing but the BEST to say about Sarah! Not only was she professional and organized, but she was the sweetest and just a great person to work with. She made the entire photography process easy and enjoyable. She helped both myself and my (now) husband Brandon feel at-ease during the photo shoot and the final product is AMAZING! We couldn't have hoped for a better outcome :) Thank you Sarah for capturing our day so perfectly! I would absolutely recommend Sarah to anyone!

Elizabeth · Married on 04/29/2017

Sarah and her husband Kyle were absolutely wonderful - it was such a privilege to work with them. They are smart, funny, and very sensitive to their clients' needs. My husband and I are both very shy in front of the camera, but Sarah was so kind about that. We were hesitant to do an engagement shoot, but I'm so glad we did. It really helped us get comfortable, and we had the most fun planning it. We really wanted something that made us feel like ourselves, so Sarah suggested a sunset hike around Occoneechee Mountain. Even though I've lived in NC most of my life, I wasn't familiar with it - so I loved that Sarah brought us such a unique and creative idea. She and Kyle were so patient with us, and our dogs, as we hiked around the park, and the photos were gorgeous. By the time our wedding day came, I was feeling really excited for the photography, not nervous. It was 90 degrees (in April!) but Sarah and Kyle never slowed down, despite the heat. I had so many guests come over to tell me they were so impressed with S + K, because they seemed to be everywhere at once. And now that I'm seeing some of the photos, I totally agree. It was incredibly special to see the day through their eyes - there were so many details I planned but never got to see, and to see our guests celebrating and enjoying themselves meant so much. S + K also worked really well with our other vendors; we felt truly supported by an amazing team. We'll treasure these photos forever, and we're so grateful to S + K for making them possible for us.

Chelsea · Married on 10/22/2016

Sarah is so talented! She did both our engagement session and wedding and we were so pleased with her work. Her creativity and attention to detail made both photography experiences so easy for our families! Sarah is fun and passionate and her quality of work is stellar. Her personality is down to earth and welcoming, she makes being in front of the lens a blast. Thank you, Sarah!

JERRAE · Married on 09/02/2016

AMAZING! I have taken photo shoots before and I had little expectation with a wedding photographer however Sarah/husband were exceptional. Not only did she at 7 months pregnant get my rowdy party together, she directed us to ensure the shots were fabulous. I've already seen a few photos and I am excited to get all the proofs back. I found Sarah after googling wedding photography with a modern touch. She was one of the first names that popped up and our first conversation went so well, I booked right away.

Sarah is very professional and has a great eye for details. She incorporated all of the shots I wanted and directed the shots. I am so glad she told me to lower my chin or angle my face a certain because I look amazing (and so does the rest of the wedding party ;-)

Jennifer · Married on 03/12/2016

Sarah was an absolute pleasure to work with! I knew she would be the perfect photographer for our wedding after seeing what a wonderful job she'd done for a friends wedding in Raleigh, NC. I was elated when she agreed to travel the four hours necessary to photograph our wedding in the Outer Banks. Sarah (and her awesome husband) were so very helpful on the day of our wedding. They split up to take "getting ready" shots of both the girls and guys, and then reconvened when my husband and I had our "first look." Not only was Sarah extremely professional, but she had a way of making us both very comfortable and bringing out the absolute BEST in both of us while in front of the camera. I've had so many compliments on our wedding photos and am so, so, SO very glad that we chose Sarah as our wedding photographer. We will cherish our photos (and Sarah's contact information, hah!) FOREVER... And will call her for any and all of our future photography needs!

Jessica · Married on 09/05/2015

Sarah was absolutely amazing to work with for our wedding! My husband and I worked with her for an engagement photo shoot and for our wedding day, and were blown away by the fantastic job she did! Sarah was so easy to work with and made us both feel very comfortable - we are definitely not great at posing for more romantic shots, but Sarah made us feel very relaxed and did a great job of making us laugh throughout the shoot. She had some awesome ideas to help get us unique, stunning photos, and was always willing to try anything that we suggested as well!

During the wedding, Sarah and her husband Kyle did an amazing job capturing the night, and we absolutely loved the rich, candid shots they were able to get - the photos captured the night perfectly, and we have received so many compliments on the photos! Sarah was always very professional and easy to get in touch with (even while planning her own wedding!), and made the wedding something we will truly always remember. I would definitely recommend working with Sarah - she will do a fantastic job to capture your event!

I knew Sarah would get the shots I wanted from my wedding day based on what I had seen on her photography web page but the end result was above and beyond my expectations. Sarah (with her newborn in tow!) managed to capture the spirit of both our wedding and our guests. She made the most of the short amount of daylight we had left after the ceremony and was able to highlight the beauty and uniqueness of the location. She also provided some much-needed direction and made us look good! Thank you so much for your contribution to our wedding day and for the lifetime of memories we have sitting on our mantelpiece!

Sarah was an awesome photographer!!! My husband and I had a great time with her and we are so happy with how our images of the day came out. Sarah made it fun to do our photos and our time with her was really special. We know now who to get in contact with in a few years when we need her!!

We had such a blast working with Sarah! From the very beginning, we loved that Sarah blended photography with her other artistic interests. She did both our engagement and wedding photos, and we couldn't be more pleased!

Kimberly · Married on 02/01/2014

Sarah was the best photographer! I did not have a lot of experience having my picture taken and she literally had to pose me but the pictures turned out beautiful!!!! Also her prices were very reasonable and her turnaround was so fast considering the amount of pictures she took. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

• Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 10/27/2013

Sarah was great, she worked with us to create a package that we could afford and was not at all pushy. She was completely professional and took beautiful pictures! I would certainly recommend her to others!

Laree · Married on 08/03/2013

Sarah has been taking our family photos for over 2 years now and we couldn’t be happier with the product she delivers every time! She has such a talent for capturing the real-life special moments in a natural way, that we as a family will cherish for years to come. She is a joy to work with, and her aesthetic is beautiful. Not only does Sarah have quite an artistic and original eye, but the quality of her photo editing is also something we value very much. We highly recommend Sarah and her wonderful work!