Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator Reviews

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator 4
Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator 5

Christine Wilson · Married on 08/24/2019

Extraordinary wedding coordinator

Our daughter's wedding in August 2019 was a tremendous success due in large part to Toby Theule and her hard working assistants. From the beginning, Toby was instrumental in bringing my daughter's ideas to fruition. Her experience and knowledge of the Santa Barbara area was key to helping us choose the venue, the caterer, the rental company, everything right down to the choice of napkins. Toby was meticulous about details, keeping us on track throughout the year and a half it took us to plan everything. The best part is that the day of the wedding went super smoothly. If there were any hiccups, I never knew about them. The response from our guests was fantastic. And it all started with choosing the right wedding coordinator!

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator 6
    Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator 7
    Sent on 11/14/2019

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you Christine! Your family was a fun and active bunch. Parent/wedding couple dynamics always make for an adventure. I appreciated your calming presence, your flexibility and your attention to detail. And Kay's fabulous ideas were some of the most creative I've seen (especially her Rubik's cube inspirations). And my heart just swelled with joy seeing Bill (Dad) dancing so happily to the band's outstanding music. What a day! Many blessings~ Toby
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 07/13/2019

Best Decision Ever

My husband and I had the absolute pleasure of working alongside Toby for our wedding and we cannot say enough positive things about how well of a job she did. She truly is so dedicated to the craft and to making your day perfect - she does not wait to start working with you until the month of like many coordinators do, but jumps right in upon contracting and makes sure you are on the right path in planning and are aware of the next steps that should be taken. I am so thankful for her experience and the guidance she provided me in the many decisions needing to be made.

She was so wonderful in ensuring that every detail was being taken care of and done so just as we would like. She even went above and beyond to save us a significant amount of money by negotiating fees with a vendor without us even asking.

She made me feel so genuinely cared for throughout the entire process and the day of our wedding went more smoothly than I could have ever imagined possible. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that 100% of that credit is owed to Toby. We are so thankful we were lucky enough to work with Toby and forever indebted to her for making our wedding day dreams become a reality!

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Bonnie

Bonnie Hope · Married on 05/18/2019

Talk about a top notch Wedding Planner!

I am a local DJ, and have been meaning to write a review about this incredible planner. I have worked with Toby and her staff numerous times, and she gives 100% to every wedding she works. Her attention to detail is extraordinary, and if there's a hiccup (big or small), she deals with it with humor, professionalism and thoughtfulness. Santa Barbara is so lucky to have her!

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 05/18/2019

Absolutely amazing

There are not enough great things that we can say about working with Toby! We live in CO and had our wedding in Santa Barbara and she made the distance non-existent.
    Her relationships with basically all the vendors in the area gave us such peace of mind when planning. Her ability to communicate with all our family members is also something to note/applaud. She really can talk people off a ledge I tell ya :)
    She had every detail thought out leading up to and executed the day before and day of flawlessly. Also should note that it RAINED on our wedding day. She coordinated a COMPLETE transformation from an outdoor wedding to an immaculate indoor wedding in 15 minutes!!! Not kidding. 15 minutes was all she needed to rally her team to basically make magic happen.
    We got and continue to get so many compliments about how great our wedding day was and how it was so well-thought out and it is all thanks to Toby. We love you, Toby!!!

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator 8
    Sent on 07/27/2019
  • Kendra

Kendra · Married on 03/17/2019

Amazing!

Our guests came from far and wide and had been to countless weddings all over the world, and yet so many told us this was one of the best weddings they had ever attended. This is a testament to Toby and her incredible organizational skills. You expect things to go a bit awry on the big day, especially when you have 11 bridesmaids, 11 groomsmen and 180 guests, but if they did we never had an inkling of it. The day went off perfectly and everyone, but especially my husband and I, had an incredible day and night. Toby helped us find excellent suppliers who all acted with professionalism and diligence - the caterers (Pure Joy) were great as was the rental company (Ventura Party Rentals) the lighting and sound team (AMS Events) were fantastic, and the flowers (Beautiful Day Productions) were stunning - and these were all recommended by Toby. Our absolutely amazing venue was also found by Toby! What you want from a planner and coordinator is excellent contacts, first-class organisational skills and a candid nature, that is Toby in a nutshell. She always listened and worked with our ideas and what came out was more than I could have ever imagined. There is not one thing I would change and that is greatly in part to Toby! She has our gratitude for helping to make our wedding truly memorable - for all the right reasons! Thank you Toby!

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator 9
    Sent on 06/03/2019

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you Kendra and Louis! I appreciated your flexibility and your kind hearts. We were a great team and I am so glad your big day was what you had hoped for. Many blessings... :)

Mihui Eckels · Married on 03/09/2019

Wish we had more friends who aren't married so we can recommend Toby

We interviewed a few coordinators for the "day-of" coordination, but as soon as Toby and I got on the phone, I knew immediately she was different. She clearly had a lot of wisdom to impart on me (our first wedding) and she gave me a lot of things to think about, plus not only that, laid out a timeline in which we can accomplish it together. She definitely went above and beyond of her "day-of" duties and helped immensely --got on multiple phone calls, was accessible, gave us mini missions, reminded us of deadlines, helped us get top vendors, even met up with us multiple times. In your search of finding day of coordinators, I guarantee that no other professional will devote that much time to you as much as Toby does. Of course, the day of our wedding, she and her assistant helped every guest have a wonderful time and stage-managed flawlessly. Our guests even made a note to me how helpful she was. Thank you so much Toby for investing your energy in us as people--that is your invaluable love language.

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator 10
    Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator 11
    Sent on 04/13/2019

Meghan · Married on 10/27/2018

Smooth and Stress-Free!

I’m a pretty meticulous planner, so I didn’t even consider bringing a day-of coordinator on board until my wedding was 5 months away. Even then, I convinced myself I just needed someone to help put up decorations and the such. Maybe I’d change my mind and just plow through it all myself! Then I got in touch with Toby.

She was already booked the weekend of my wedding. Where everyone else left it at that, though, Toby tried to get me in touch with other coordinators who might be available. When THAT fell through, she got back in touch with me and proposed that her assistant Kai could be my point person on the day-of. Her thoughtfulness and attention to detail made me realize that she could bring to the table something I never could in a million years: experience!

I got her my list of vendors, explained my vision and what I had done, and then we were off! Toby and Kai were both extremely prompt and detailed in their responses, bore with me through several last-minute changes, and Kai gave my brother the confidence he needed to act as our officiant! Thanks to Kai and Toby, my wedding day was everything I would have hoped for. It was entirely stress free, which is not a state I come by easily! My family know I’m an administrator at heart, so they were resistant to my bringing Kai and Toby on board. At the end of the day, though, everyone had to agree that the event was flawless and that it was largely thanks to my amazing coordinators. I would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Hannah Calvo · Married on 09/15/2018

Best Investment

By far the best investment we could have made. Toby is organized, responsive and has great ideas. She took our vision and made it come to life. The week of the wedding we were so relaxed because Toby had everything ULTRA organized. We had THE BEST wedding day everything ran so seamlessly THANK YOU TOBY!

Sent on 12/08/2018
  • Hillary

Hillary · Married on 09/01/2018

Worth every penny

We planned our wedding long-distance from Chicago and weren't planning on hiring a coordinator (both big planners), but our venue required a DOC. After talking with Toby and learning how reasonable her full coordinator rates were, we jumped at the chance to have someone on the ground helping us navigate the planning from start to finish. She was instrumental in helping us narrow our scope in our search for other vendors (the internet does.not.end) within our price range, style, and date. Because we weren't able to meet many of our vendors in person before signing contracts, we also loved that she was familiar with a lot of them and could vouch for their professionalism and skills, which meant we felt more comfortable handing over the reigns (and cash!) to people we had never met. Hiring Toby made the process instantly easier than going at it alone; the minute we sent her a signed contract, we felt 1,000lbs lighter. What really sealed the deal was our planning visit a few months prior to the wedding. She drove us around to every appointment, planned our trip so that it was efficient and productive, and we laughed the *entire* time. She was really a gem to be around, which is important when she's the person you'll be dealing with most.
    On the day of the wedding, she worked seamlessly with our venue's catering manager and other vendors to keep things smooth and stress-free, from noticing when our cake needed a little extra flower action to helping my mom fix her bra strap as we were about to leave for pictures. Weddings can be stressful. Hiring someone you can trust to manage the details is worth every penny.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Kathy E · Married on 07/28/2018

Great Beachside Wedding!

Toby was the best! She was so easy to work with and thought of things I did not. She has a very positive demeanor and kept the event flowing as scheduled, and since she has worked with so many of the other local vendors, there was already a familiarity and made it that much easier. She took all of the stress and worry away for me on our special day. I would highly recommend her for your wedding!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Lucas · Married on 06/27/2018

Working with Toby for a little over a year planning and coordinating our wedding day was the best decision we could have made. Toby made sure our day was perfect and integrated both our visions into the most unbelievable ideas that fit both my wife and my own personalities. Toby took time to understand and gather ideas from my wife and I to make our wedding day unique and perfect. Thank you Toby for everything you did to make our day perfect!!!

Sent on 07/12/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/23/2018

Excellent Experience!

We were strongly encouraged to find a wedding coordinator to help plan and we are so glad we found Toby! After we talked with Toby for the first time on the phone, we immediately knew we were going to go with her. She is very passionate and knowledgeable when it comes to planning! There is so much that goes into planning and questions would arise all the time. Not only did Toby have the answer to everything but she also had great suggestions and things we should consider. She made planning so much easier and made everything come to life the day of our wedding! Toby was very knowledgeable with our venue and had a lot of good input and ideas the worked well with our venue! On the day of the wedding Toby and her assistant were able to put everything together to create the vision we dreamed of. We cannot thank her enough for all the dedication, passion and love that she put into our special day!

Sent on 12/11/2018

cristina · Married on 05/26/2018

Where do I begin? Toby and her assistant Kai are the best!

I was blown away by Toby from the beginning. I had no idea what I was doing and she was very helpful making sure I was thinking about planning in the right way and that I was on track with all the vendors we needed to hire. Toby took the lead on communicating our timeline to the vendors, making sure deliveries were all scheduled and on time, and that we thought through every little detail for the wedding. Throughout the planning process Toby had great ideas about how to make the wedding feel as intimate as possibe (creating a lounge area with the furniture that was already at the venue, how to maximize photographey time since we weren't doing a first look, and more).

The day before the wedding, Toby and Kai (her assistant) led our rehearsal and a final walk through on the flow of the wedding. I felt SUPER relaxed the night before my wedding because Toby and Kai were in charge and took a bunch of last minute "little" things off my plate :)

The day of the wedding, Toby and Kai were absolutely spectacular. They arranged the flowers on the dinner tables, set up all of the candles, and ensured that the tables looked exactly how we hoped they would for the dinner. They made sure that every single detail we had discussed looked exactly the way it should for the big day. When I arrived to the wedding venue, I could not believe how gorgeous everything looked and how calm and under control everything and everyone was... Including my mom (very nervous mother of the bride!). Everything about the wedding was perfect. Toby and Kai anticipated my every move and thought. They brought my husband and I appetizers while we were taking photos during cocktail hour, they reminded me to touch up my makeup before golden hour photos, and ensured that all of the vendors knew exactly what they should be doing at each point of the wedding. I was so happy and relaxed on my wedding day because of the two of them!!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Maureen · Married on 11/04/2017

Humm - Can a groom's mother who did not have a great deal of contact with Toby the Wedding Planner, write a review - you bet. Because the contact I did have with her and watching her in action the day of the weeding and seeing the results of her input and planning made for a perfect wedding. She knew when to give the bride and groom choices and new when to question what they wanted and when to find a way to make things work when she saw how important it was to them. She worked well with the facility where the wedding/reception was held and made absolutely certain that everything moved in a timely manner. The wedding was a delight for all present; Toby's real presence was felt as the day appeared to be effortless; Toby is truly a professional!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Jim & Jenny · Married on 11/04/2017

One of the best decisions our daughter made was to select Toby for her wedding co-ordinator for the remote wedding in Santa Barbara. She was instrumental in making sure everything was on track and the wedding was such a huge success. As Andrea said, it allowed her to keep her sanity during the stressful time.

We and the Groom's parents have both received comments on what a great wedding it was.
    She was helpful in planning, coordination, providing contacts for the many things you need for a great wedding.
    She was there throughout the wedding making sure everything was properly handled and everyone was in place as needed, we would have been lost in some of the details otherwise.
    Highly recommend her for anyone planning a wedding in Santa Barbara area.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Don · Married on 11/04/2017

Dad of the groom and officiant for the ceremony chiming in here. Events that go well as did Andrea and Matt’s wedding don’t come off so smoothly just by themselves, so heaps of praise to Toby’s good planning, preparation, and coordination. It’s a planner’s job to make it all look easy, and she certainly did so! I heard only positive comments about everything––it was a wonderful day. Toby was attentive to every detail and very thoughtful and flexible. What I especially value is her awareness and appreciation of the blessedness of marriage that shined through all her efforts and the whole event.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Andrea · Married on 11/04/2017

I cannot put into words how incredible Toby was to work with. From our first call, I knew she would be the calming presence I needed during this experience. She paid close attention to detail, sent me reminders of upcoming tasks at a good pace so I didn’t feel overwhelmed, and made herself available for absurd questions.
    During the wedding, I think I told her I loved her probably 10 different times. Everything went off without a hitch! It was incredible to see my vision come together.
    I would recommend Toby to anyone getting married. When I first hired her, I had no idea how invaluable she would be. Thank you, Toby!!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Jessie · Married on 08/20/2017

Toby is a true pro. Beyond the typical attention to detail you would expect in a wedding coordinator, Toby is truly in-tune with the bride's needs and the families' needs. She is highly adaptable and equally rational. She has a way of tempering expectations while simultaneously making all of your wedding dreams come true. How does she do it? She's a serious pro!! Spoiler alert: Wedding planning can be stressful when you least expect it. Despite early decision making, we encountered a hurdle about a month before the big day. Toby handled everything with poise and made a special effort to reach out to make sure that I was doing okay. Thanks to her, my wedding day was incredible. Every moment flowed seamlessly to the next and everyone raved about her!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Peggy · Married on 07/08/2017

Hire Toby!! She is fantastic -- always calm and smiling and she thinks of everything!! I had no idea weddings these days could be so complicated. We were able to complete tasks that we needed to do while Toby did the heavy lifting -- but she's had so much experience that it appeared effortless.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/08/2017

Deciding to have Toby coordinate our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. We interviewed 5 potential coordinators before ultimately deciding on Toby because of her genuine personality and the high level of confidence with which she answered our questions. And our experience didn’t disappoint. Toby was always professional, accommodating, and patient as we emailed and/or called her with a multitude of concerns and questions. One thing that really stood out about Toby was her thoughtfulness. She invited us to accompany her to a bridal showcase in Santa Barbara about 9 months before our big day. Not only did she introduce us to a many potential vendors, but we had the chance to get to know her even more. As we approached our wedding date, Toby’s experience really shined through her anticipatory skills and pro-active style. She communicated with our venue on multiple occasions to solidify the particulars before we had a chance to do so ourselves. She lightened our work load by taking care of many pending logistical tasks. Perhaps, one of Toby’s greatest assets was her ability to keep things on schedule leading up to and on our wedding day. About a month out, she gave me tasks to complete, along with deadlines, which really helped to move the planning process along. On our big day, Toby masterfully kept things running on schedule, which wasn’t easy with 7 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls (ages 3-7), 1 ring bearer (age 3), our vendors, and 184 guests. Toby’s day-of assistant Kai was also instrumental in making sure all the pieces fell into place. Our ceremony and reception shared the same space so the set up before hand and during the transition were quite complex with several moving parts. Kai did a great job of helping to make sure nothing was overlooked and that everything flowed smoothly. Having gone through this experience, we would definitely have Toby at the helm again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/10/2017

Erica · Married on 06/10/2017

Toby exceeded all our expectations as our day-of wedding coordinator. The venue was a rental property that had only just begun to host weddings, and only had a couple under their belt. Since it was such a "young" venue, we knew there could be a chance for unexpected issues to come up- and they did. As a blank slate space, we brought in a dozen independent vendors for food, service, bathroom trailers, lighting, rentals, dj, etc. Toby helped out from the very beginning by recommending great vendors that were organized, reliable, and well-priced, and made sure we had all of our bases covered.

About 3 weeks before our wedding date, we found out that the venue changed their policy and no longer allowed guest parking onsite nor street parking in the immediate area. It was a shock to us, as we had already mailed our invitations and communicated the arrival info to our guests- it was a scramble to figure out what to do next. Toby really shined and like a true professional handled EVERYTHING - she negotiated a discount with the venue, found us a shuttle vendor, and organized a parking lot for our guests. The best part was that she did it with her usual positive yet calming attitude, which really helped lower our stress levels.

There were many moving pieces with our wedding, and we are SO happy to have found Toby. She really helped us feel at ease and kept us on track with our priorities and timeline. With so much potential chaos around, Toby really helped the entire evening run smoothly. Thanks to her, we were able to enjoy the night with friends and family. If you are wondering whether you have room in the budget for a coordinator- you NEED to make room. She was well worth it, and a necessary part of our wedding expenses. I highly recommend Toby, and would hire her again in a heartbeat if I found myself needing to plan a wedding.

Sent on 07/17/2017

Erin · Married on 07/17/2016

Toby was phenomenal! I would not held not have been able to plan and organize my wedding without her.

Sent on 07/31/2016

Alison · Married on 06/25/2016

Toby was a key part in making our wedding exactly how we wanted it. She alerted us to ideas we didn't even think of. She helped us through the entire process and made sure that every detail was exactly how was wanted it. She is wonderful and is extremely professional.
    She took care of issues I didn't even release happened. The service she provided is exactly what I would dream of and more. She put together an impeccable timeline and gently nudged the guests to follow. She helped us coordinate with all our vendors and put together a walk through prior to the event. She organized the entire thing and it was extremely helpful.
    Our wedding was a huge success and I have received so many compliments. It was all thanks to Toby's help!
    If you wavering on if you need to have Toby as a wedding coordinator, please feel free to contact me.
    She is amazing and will make sure your wedding is equally as amazing!

Sent on 07/20/2016

As the mother of the bride, with my daughter and her fiancé being working professionals I knew we needed help. So I started looking for a wedding planners when I read Toby's reviews I felt that she was a good fit for us. I asked my daughter and her fiancé to meet with her. To my delight they hit it off.
    The wedding was amazing because she paid attention to every little detail. Toby helped us find a great babysitter for the entire weekend to help with the grandkids, so we could all enjoy this special time.
    So I give Toby the highest recommendation,
    Thanks again Toby for all your help ??

Sent on 08/01/2016

Lars · Married on 06/25/2016

Toby is amazing, she made everything for our Summer 2016 wedding in Carpinteria so easy. She is mellow and calming, but knows how to keep everybody in line to make stuff happen! She was a huge help every step of the way, had great advice when we were wavering on decisions, and was always very responsive. I can't recommend Toby highly enough!

Sent on 10/07/2016