Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Destinee
    Destinee C. Getting married on 10/23/2025

Best Friend's Wedding!

Toby was the wedding coordinator for my best friend's wedding and she was absolutely amazing! She was super attentive and made sure that my friend had everything exactly how she wanted it on her special day. Toby was in constant contact throughout the months leading up to the wedding making sure to send us lots of rough draft time lines for the day of the wedding to ensure everything was perfect. Toby is very professional and is an absolute sweetheart. I highly recommend Toby!
    Rhonda Y. Married on 05/28/2022

Wedding Coordinator

Toby did an outstanding job lining up many vendors and servers; coordinating everything so we (mother and father of the bride) could relax and enjoy the months, weeks, and days leading up to the wedding. The wedding day went so smoothly because she handled the schedule beautifully. She was professional and enjoyable to work with! I would highly recommend her!

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you Rhonda! Your family was a dream to work with - just pure delight. So glad for a lovely and fun day. Many blessings to you and Hayden and Brenna... :)
    Pamela A. Married on 11/20/2021

Perfection!

We had been organizing a very small wedding from the U.K and had been abandoned by a previously contracted co-ordinator. I contacted several new possibilities and Toby responded immediately. I could not have found a more perfect fit. She was professional, efficient (providing spreadsheets, timelines, etc), providing great ideas and vendors. I was more reassured when I met her face to face and saw her warm welcoming smile. She handled everything perfectly from beginning to end! We had our dream wedding thanks to Toby!

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator's reply:

SO glad to hear you had a marvelous day! You guys were so charming and fun - thanks for allowing me to be part of your sweet story. Blessings -

Toby
  • Natalie
    Natalie K. Married on 11/06/2021

Toby is amazing!

We had the perfect wedding (2/26/22) and the most amazing day all thanks to Toby and her team. Toby was so easy to work with and made the planning process fun; she's extremely organized which my Type A personality truly appreciated. She ensured we were focused on the important moments and removed all stress from the day. I'm SURE there were hurdles that Toby handled without us knowing they existed. I highly recommend Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator to anyone getting married in the area!
  • Mishelle
    Mishelle P. Married on 10/16/2021

Amazing coordinator!

Toby was an amazing coordinator and made our day run so smoothly! Throughout the planning process she was very attentive, organized and easy to work with. She thought of every little detail and made sure we stayed on track with our deadlines. There were a lot of moving pieces the day of, as we had to bring every little thing into our venue but Toby orchestrated it perfectly! If there was an issue I never knew about it! We are forever thankful that Toby was a part of our special day, we truly don’t know what we would have done without her expertise and guidance.

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Wow thank you! You and Ciaran were so fun, flexible and wonderful to work with. I loved that we both are min-pin parents too. ;) Many blessings in your new married life...
  • Chase
    Chase R. Married on 09/25/2021

Absolutely The Best!!!

Toby became family once we decided to go with her to coordinate our wedding. She is so easy going and has Santa Barbara weddings and vendors down to a T. We had our special day at Godric Grove and, thanks to her, it was smooth sailing all the way through. We didn’t have to think about anything as we simply enjoyed our big day thanks to her. She went above and beyond , doing what was best for us whenever we came to a cross road on decisions. Covid even got in the way and she completely handled the postponement and communicated with us at every step along the way. We can’t thank her enough and can’t wait to see her next when we’re back in town! Thanks Toby!

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thanks Chase! Loved working with you and your family - all superstars from start to finish (even with Covid stress). I loved seeing every...single...guest! on the dance floor after dinner. Many, many Blessings to you and Lacy -

Toby :)
    Moby C. Married on 09/25/2021

Very easy to work with!

Toby was very professional and worked with a smile on her face, enthusiasm and a great attitude. She really had a good sense of what needed to happen in the ceremony. I was the wedding "minister" and I loved working with her guidance!
  • Norman
    Norman P. Married on 07/03/2021

Wonderful Coordinator!!

We were blessed to find Toby in a random yelp search. She was a great match to be our wedding coordinator in Santa Barbara. We chose to have the ceremony at the Courthouse Gardens and the reception at Hotel Milo. Toby had extensive experience coordinating weddings at the Courthouse Gardens, so we were in very capable hands. We live in the SF Bay Area so it was key to have a coordinator by our side. Toby did a great job; everything turned out beautifully. From our first zoom meeting, she was attentive, smart, organized, encouraging, and full of good ideas and twenty plus years of experience. She had a ready group of vendors including caterer, flowers, musicians, and event rentals. She stayed within the budget we gave her. She worked very well with the Hotel manager. Hotel Milo does not regularly host wedding receptions. Toby was an integral part and went above and beyond when she hand delivered the food boxes for the mixer which followed our rehearsal at the hotel gardens.The app we used for inviting and communicating with our guests (withjoy.com) was suggested by Toby and worked very well. She also had a site of her own for tracking all of the vendor contracts and details but this ended up not being useful to us simply because she introduced it to us well into the process and we had already tracked everything on our own googesheet. Toby was cheerful and calm always; this was super great especially on the big day when the groom was a little tense. On the big weekend, Toby was always where she needed to be. We never had to ask “where is Toby?”. She knew exactly what to do and where to be at every moment; the results were outstanding and we felt well cared for!

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Wow! Thank you for the lovely words and thoughts. Your day was so special and sweet. I loved the intimate gathering and the deep relationships you had with all of the guests. Many blessings to you and your lovely wife! :)
  • Jenn
    Jenn Married on 06/26/2021

My Wedding was Perfect! Highly Recommend!

I could not imagine there being any wedding planner out there that's better than Toby! She is a MUST HIRE! We live in San Diego so we needed to hire a planner to help plan our wedding in Carpinteria. We hired her as our part time planner for our wedding in 2019 and due to COVID, ended up working with her until June 2021! She puts in so much extra effort that she felt like we hired a full time planner. She was there for us every step of the way from Day 1, during COVID and our postponement, and was excellent on our wedding day. Her assistant is great too! Toby goes above and beyond to make sure all of your questions are answered/responded to very promptly and makes you feel confident in every decision you make. She has a great list of recommended vendors as well! Not to mention, she has a super fun and bubbly personality which makes working with her fun! Highly Highly recommend you hire her!
  • Christine
    Christine D. Married on 04/17/2021

Toby is amazing!

After our wedding was postponed in August 2020 and our venue remained closed into well 2021, we decided to switch gears and plan a smaller wedding at new location. Toby was highly recommend by Pure Joy Catering. We gave her a call, and from that moment on she stepped up to help us quickly plan a much smaller wedding at an entirely new location 8 weeks prior to our new wedding date. Toby is extremely connected to all the local vendors in Santa Barbara and shared amazing recommendations for music, lights/power and transportation. She is very organized, an expert at juggling the many vendors, shares greats tips for how to have a smooth wedding day, and is always a pleasure to be around! We thank Toby so much for helping to make our new wedding day absolutely perfect!
  • Nina
    Nina S. Married on 04/05/2021

Amazing planner, incredible person.

Do yourself a huge favor and hire Toby as your coordinator. She went above and beyond for us and we will be grateful to her forever. Honestly, there is not enough space in this box for me to properly sing her praises.

I knew I liked Toby the moment we spoke because she's someone who just gets it. Not to mention, unlike most other planners I spoke to in this price point, she allows the line of communication to be open throughout the ENTIRE wedding process as opposed to 30 days out, etc. making her package the most bang for your buck out there. She is prompt, knowledgable and sweet as sugar. Every vendor she pointed us towards was lovely and talented. I was so worried about wedding planning being stressful, but she made it so easy.

On a more personal note as well, we were a couple set to marry in Spring 2020. When we had to postpone, not only did Toby swoop in and completely handle moving our date for us, she also pulled out all the stops to impromptu plan the most beautiful elopement I could have ever dreamed of. A lot of things didn't go our way, like so many other 2020 couples, but Toby saved our day and we are eternally grateful. No matter how sad we felt about our postponement, whenever we spoke to her she had a smile on her face and infectious enthusiasm that got us excited. It was a huge gift in a very trying time.

1000% recommend! We can't wait to work with her again in 2021! She's become so much more than our coordinator, she's our wedding guardian angel.
  • Ryan
    Ryan M. Married on 10/11/2020

Best Investment We Have Ever Made

If Toby Theule can handle a 2020 wedding, she can handle anything.

Our original dream wedding was perfectly planned and coordinated for April 2020, about one month after the entire country shut down. At that time, there was a ton of panic in the event industry and not a ton of solid guidance from local authorities on what events were and were not allowed. Somehow, Toby new exactly what to do and was able to talk us down the ledge from having a massive panic attack about the whole thing. She helped us reschedule all of our vendors for October, made sure we didn’t lose a dime, and helped us plan an entirely new (covid-safe) intimate ceremony with our family. And when we found the new, perfectly intimate venue that doesn’t usually allow events, she was able to convince them to trust us to have our wedding there. Throughout it all, she made sure to ask all of the questions that we never even considered, helped us make decisions that kept us within budget, and was so understanding when we had no idea what we were doing. The big kicker is that she did it all with grace, humor, heart, and smiles.

We absolutely adore Toby and highly recommend working with her. It will be the best investment you could possibly make for your wedding.
  • Amanda
    Amanda C. Married on 10/09/2020

Toby Theule is a fantastic Wedding Coordinator

When looking for a “Day of Coordinator” my husband and I were very lucky to stumble upon Toby. When we met she explained that there is no such thing as “day of” because working with her, she would help us manage all the fine details up to the completion of our wedding, which she enthusiastically did. When we spoke of our expected wedding budget, she respectfully explained that I could not have the wedding I wanted on the budget I planned. While that took a few days to sink in and not be upset about, I came around to the fact that she was the expert. Turned out, she was exactly right about what our budget would be at the end of the day. Working with Toby was easy and I felt confident at all times that she would be all over every detail of both our ceremony and our wedding. We were married on 10/24/20 and our wedding exceeded all of our expectations. I highly recommend Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you Amanda! I (literally) enjoyed working with you and Barry for the entire experience. I so appreciated your positive, flexible attitudes. I wish you both many blessings~

Toby :)
  • Kelly
    Kelly K. Married on 09/18/2020

Excellent to work with!

I don’t know what I would’ve done without Toby during our wedding. She was always responsive and extremely helpful throughout the entire process, especially when we had to postpone due to COVID. On the day, Toby and her team took care of every little detail. We didn’t have to worry about a thing! She listened to our wants and needs and helped us deliver the wedding of our dreams. I highly recommend Toby.

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you Kelly! We certainly had a wild ride, and I so appreciated your patience and peaceful attitude. Wishing many blessings for you and Matt~

Kai Married on 11/09/2019

The Best Decision You Will Make

Hiring Toby will be the best decision you can make during your wedding planning process. She exceeded every expectation we had and quite literally saved our wedding day. My fiancé and I were not prepared for rain for our outdoor wedding so when the unexpected rain forecast rolled in we were devastated. Toby worked tirelessly to make our wedding as special as we had hoped for. She spent days putting together multiple rain plan options for us and spent hours and hours on the phone with all of our vendors coordinating the new plans. In the end, the day turned out even more beautiful than we were anticipating, all thanks to Toby. Her attention to detail is impeccable both with the decor and timeline. She kept us on schedule while assessing the behaviors of our guests and adjusting the timeline accordingly. She consistently checked in on us and anticipated our needs before we did. She is organized, adaptable, collected, and an absolute joy to work with. An extremely necessary part of any wedding budget, I highly recommend hiring Toby. Our day would not have been the same without her.
    Christine W. Married on 08/24/2019

Extraordinary wedding coordinator

Our daughter's wedding in August 2019 was a tremendous success due in large part to Toby Theule and her hard working assistants. From the beginning, Toby was instrumental in bringing my daughter's ideas to fruition. Her experience and knowledge of the Santa Barbara area was key to helping us choose the venue, the caterer, the rental company, everything right down to the choice of napkins. Toby was meticulous about details, keeping us on track throughout the year and a half it took us to plan everything. The best part is that the day of the wedding went super smoothly. If there were any hiccups, I never knew about them. The response from our guests was fantastic. And it all started with choosing the right wedding coordinator!

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you Christine! Your family was a fun and active bunch. Parent/wedding couple dynamics always make for an adventure. I appreciated your calming presence, your flexibility and your attention to detail. And Kay's fabulous ideas were some of the most creative I've seen (especially her Rubik's cube inspirations). And my heart just swelled with joy seeing Bill (Dad) dancing so happily to the band's outstanding music. What a day! Many blessings~ Toby
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 07/13/2019

Best Decision Ever

My husband and I had the absolute pleasure of working alongside Toby for our wedding and we cannot say enough positive things about how well of a job she did. She truly is so dedicated to the craft and to making your day perfect - she does not wait to start working with you until the month of like many coordinators do, but jumps right in upon contracting and makes sure you are on the right path in planning and are aware of the next steps that should be taken. I am so thankful for her experience and the guidance she provided me in the many decisions needing to be made.

She was so wonderful in ensuring that every detail was being taken care of and done so just as we would like. She even went above and beyond to save us a significant amount of money by negotiating fees with a vendor without us even asking.

She made me feel so genuinely cared for throughout the entire process and the day of our wedding went more smoothly than I could have ever imagined possible. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that 100% of that credit is owed to Toby. We are so thankful we were lucky enough to work with Toby and forever indebted to her for making our wedding day dreams become a reality!
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen Married on 05/18/2019

Absolutely amazing

There are not enough great things that we can say about working with Toby! We live in CO and had our wedding in Santa Barbara and she made the distance non-existent.
    Her relationships with basically all the vendors in the area gave us such peace of mind when planning. Her ability to communicate with all our family members is also something to note/applaud. She really can talk people off a ledge I tell ya :)
    She had every detail thought out leading up to and executed the day before and day of flawlessly. Also should note that it RAINED on our wedding day. She coordinated a COMPLETE transformation from an outdoor wedding to an immaculate indoor wedding in 15 minutes!!! Not kidding. 15 minutes was all she needed to rally her team to basically make magic happen.
    We got and continue to get so many compliments about how great our wedding day was and how it was so well-thought out and it is all thanks to Toby. We love you, Toby!!!
  • Bonnie
    Bonnie H. Married on 05/18/2019

Talk about a top notch Wedding Planner!

I am a local DJ, and have been meaning to write a review about this incredible planner. I have worked with Toby and her staff numerous times, and she gives 100% to every wedding she works. Her attention to detail is extraordinary, and if there's a hiccup (big or small), she deals with it with humor, professionalism and thoughtfulness. Santa Barbara is so lucky to have her!
  • Kendra
    Kendra Married on 03/17/2019

Amazing!

Our guests came from far and wide and had been to countless weddings all over the world, and yet so many told us this was one of the best weddings they had ever attended. This is a testament to Toby and her incredible organizational skills. You expect things to go a bit awry on the big day, especially when you have 11 bridesmaids, 11 groomsmen and 180 guests, but if they did we never had an inkling of it. The day went off perfectly and everyone, but especially my husband and I, had an incredible day and night. Toby helped us find excellent suppliers who all acted with professionalism and diligence - the caterers (Pure Joy) were great as was the rental company (Ventura Party Rentals) the lighting and sound team (AMS Events) were fantastic, and the flowers (Beautiful Day Productions) were stunning - and these were all recommended by Toby. Our absolutely amazing venue was also found by Toby! What you want from a planner and coordinator is excellent contacts, first-class organisational skills and a candid nature, that is Toby in a nutshell. She always listened and worked with our ideas and what came out was more than I could have ever imagined. There is not one thing I would change and that is greatly in part to Toby! She has our gratitude for helping to make our wedding truly memorable - for all the right reasons! Thank you Toby!

Santa Barbara Wedding Coordinator's reply:

Thank you Kendra and Louis! I appreciated your flexibility and your kind hearts. We were a great team and I am so glad your big day was what you had hoped for. Many blessings... :)
    Mihui E. Married on 03/09/2019

Wish we had more friends who aren't married so we can recommend Toby

We interviewed a few coordinators for the "day-of" coordination, but as soon as Toby and I got on the phone, I knew immediately she was different. She clearly had a lot of wisdom to impart on me (our first wedding) and she gave me a lot of things to think about, plus not only that, laid out a timeline in which we can accomplish it together. She definitely went above and beyond of her "day-of" duties and helped immensely --got on multiple phone calls, was accessible, gave us mini missions, reminded us of deadlines, helped us get top vendors, even met up with us multiple times. In your search of finding day of coordinators, I guarantee that no other professional will devote that much time to you as much as Toby does. Of course, the day of our wedding, she and her assistant helped every guest have a wonderful time and stage-managed flawlessly. Our guests even made a note to me how helpful she was. Thank you so much Toby for investing your energy in us as people--that is your invaluable love language.
    Meghan Married on 10/27/2018

Smooth and Stress-Free!

I’m a pretty meticulous planner, so I didn’t even consider bringing a day-of coordinator on board until my wedding was 5 months away. Even then, I convinced myself I just needed someone to help put up decorations and the such. Maybe I’d change my mind and just plow through it all myself! Then I got in touch with Toby.

She was already booked the weekend of my wedding. Where everyone else left it at that, though, Toby tried to get me in touch with other coordinators who might be available. When THAT fell through, she got back in touch with me and proposed that her assistant Kai could be my point person on the day-of. Her thoughtfulness and attention to detail made me realize that she could bring to the table something I never could in a million years: experience!

I got her my list of vendors, explained my vision and what I had done, and then we were off! Toby and Kai were both extremely prompt and detailed in their responses, bore with me through several last-minute changes, and Kai gave my brother the confidence he needed to act as our officiant! Thanks to Kai and Toby, my wedding day was everything I would have hoped for. It was entirely stress free, which is not a state I come by easily! My family know I’m an administrator at heart, so they were resistant to my bringing Kai and Toby on board. At the end of the day, though, everyone had to agree that the event was flawless and that it was largely thanks to my amazing coordinators. I would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat!
    Hannah C. Married on 09/15/2018

Best Investment

By far the best investment we could have made. Toby is organized, responsive and has great ideas. She took our vision and made it come to life. The week of the wedding we were so relaxed because Toby had everything ULTRA organized. We had THE BEST wedding day everything ran so seamlessly THANK YOU TOBY!
  • Hillary
    Hillary Married on 09/01/2018

Worth every penny

We planned our wedding long-distance from Chicago and weren't planning on hiring a coordinator (both big planners), but our venue required a DOC. After talking with Toby and learning how reasonable her full coordinator rates were, we jumped at the chance to have someone on the ground helping us navigate the planning from start to finish. She was instrumental in helping us narrow our scope in our search for other vendors (the internet does.not.end) within our price range, style, and date. Because we weren't able to meet many of our vendors in person before signing contracts, we also loved that she was familiar with a lot of them and could vouch for their professionalism and skills, which meant we felt more comfortable handing over the reigns (and cash!) to people we had never met. Hiring Toby made the process instantly easier than going at it alone; the minute we sent her a signed contract, we felt 1,000lbs lighter. What really sealed the deal was our planning visit a few months prior to the wedding. She drove us around to every appointment, planned our trip so that it was efficient and productive, and we laughed the *entire* time. She was really a gem to be around, which is important when she's the person you'll be dealing with most.
    On the day of the wedding, she worked seamlessly with our venue's catering manager and other vendors to keep things smooth and stress-free, from noticing when our cake needed a little extra flower action to helping my mom fix her bra strap as we were about to leave for pictures. Weddings can be stressful. Hiring someone you can trust to manage the details is worth every penny.
    Kathy Married on 07/28/2018

Great Beachside Wedding!

Toby was the best! She was so easy to work with and thought of things I did not. She has a very positive demeanor and kept the event flowing as scheduled, and since she has worked with so many of the other local vendors, there was already a familiarity and made it that much easier. She took all of the stress and worry away for me on our special day. I would highly recommend her for your wedding!