Sandcastle Celebrations Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Sarah P. Married on 08/28/2021

Janet was more than we could have ever asked for.

Janet was more than we could have ever asked for. She provided us with great vendor recommendations and was communicative throughout the whole process. I don't know what we would have done without her. The day of was everything we wanted and we owe a big part of that to Janet and her team. We would not change a single thing.
  • Charlene
    Charlene S. Married on 05/30/2021

A mother’s Blessing

I would highly recommend Janet and her team. She was the biggest Blessing to my daughter & myself. She was so organized, had every detail planned out. She was there for us as we had questions, concerns. She really cares about the Bride and Mother of the Bride. And tgst was very apparent.. I felt so relaxed on the day of the wedding, I was able to just embellish my daughter which for a mother is a dream come true and to focus on nothing else but my daughter and her big day. As problems came up at the wedding she handled them all and I can’t thank Janet and Jessica enough for all they did. They are truly my Blessings💜💜🦋🦋
  • Libby
    Libby R. Married on 04/09/2021

Love Sandcastle Celebrations

I am always so relieved when I see Janet Tacy & Sandcastle's name listed as the coordinator for my couples' weddings. I then know that my wedding will run smoothly and there will be clear communication for the entire event. I also love that Janet trusts me with determining my own delivery times, etc to suit what is best for my product and the event.

Sandcastle Celebrations's reply:

Always a pleasure to work with Libby from Just Baked SLO. Her flagship cookies are my favorite and I can't skip a visit to her bakery when I am in North County. Highly recommended for all your dessert needs.
  • Taylor
    Taylor A. Married on 04/03/2021

More than 5 stars

Janet and her team are AMAZING!! I would highly recommend Sandcastle Celebrations. It such a wonderful feeling as the bride and groom to know you can trust your coordinator to execute what you've envisioned for months and know that their touch will probably make your day even better. Every time I would mention to my other vendors that I had Janet, they would relax and say "oh you're good to go! she's wonderful to work with" and I believe local vendors are the best resource to find the "best of the best". Janet was flexible to work with and she is a get things done kind of gal. I mean, we did our venue walk-thru on a weekend and on her birthday and we didn't even know it until later! She is calm, collective, professional, and fun! She has great recommendations for local vendors, has a high attention to detail, and good recommendations for your timeline for a wonderful day!! Coordinators can sometimes be optional, but they really shouldn't be. It was 100% worth the investment.
    David N. Married on 03/04/2021

Janet and her team are AMAZING

Janet and her team were amazing. They helped make our Son's wedding a perfect event. We used to be in the floral business and have been involved in hundreds of weddings and Janet made this look easy and we know it is not. We would highly recommend Janet and her team. Thank you Janet !!

Sandcastle Celebrations's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! It was such a pleasure to work with your entire family to produce such a stunning event. I am so happy for Ryan and Danielle. It was a magical wedding. Wishing you all the very best.
  • Natalie
    Natalie F. Married on 10/06/2019

Sandcastle Celebrations is AMAZING to work with

Janet Tacy is hands down AMAZING! We first met Janet on our site visit and she was personable, organized, attentive to all the questions we had and created a vision as we walked through the property. I thought to myself, she is just like me with her attention to detail and being on it and I knew I had to work with her! Janet helped coordinate site visits with our vendors and gathered a few quotes for us as we lived out of town.

During the wedding planning process we actually ended up changing venues and she was there every step of the way. She was so helpful with the transition and making sure everyone was on the same page. Janet was available for phone calls, replied quickly to emails and was available to have a few more site visits with different members of our family at the new venue.

During the process she was open with our concerns, questions and a sounding board. I can't stress enough how nice it is to have a Wedding Coordinator on the day of, not to mention taking over 30 days before.

During our wedding rehearsal we worked with Jessica as Janet was coordinating another wedding. Jessica was also amazing as she was personable and organized. On our wedding day we had an A+ team of Jessica and Janet! With the coordination of all the vendors, they made my husband and I not have to stress or worry about anything.

I can't say enough good things about my experience with Sandcastle Celebrations. We would highly recommend them to anyone with an event/wedding in the Central Coast!
  • Ryan
    Ryan H. Married on 09/21/2019

Simply the best in the business!

My wife and I booked our wedding reception for the Casitas Estate, and Janet coordinates the vast, vast majority of the weddings there. She was available for our weekend, so we requested her immediately and we're so glad she did.

Janet was so great to work with. She's incredibly organized and has valuable experience to draw from. This allows her to both help in the planning process and make any necessary adjustments on the fly. She is willing to go above and beyond to make your day a success!

For instance, our caterer had a complete breakdown with understaffing and a bartender calling in sick, etc. Janet and her assistants are the only reason this didn't completely ruin the day. She truly cares about you and is invested in your wedding.

We're so grateful for all of the time and energy Janet spent on our wedding. We highly recommend hiring her for your big day. She is simply the best in the business!
  • Sheri
    Sheri W. Married on 09/14/2019

A must have!!

A wedding planner is something new to me but I couldn't have imagined the importance of having one! I was able to just be there for my daughter on the day of her wedding, completely attending to her, all the while Janet was taking care of the details outside, and I mean every detail. Our breath was taken away and tears to ours eyes on how beautiful and perfect it was. We even had a pretty significant issue, actually two, and Janet and her team took care of it only to address it at the end of the night, allowing us to just enjoy the day. I would highly recommend her!
  • Francesca
    Francesca D. Married on 08/30/2019

Awesome coordinating team right here!

I could not have asked for a better coordinating team! From the moment I booked my venue at the Casitas Estate up until wedding day Janet at Sandcastle Celebrations was with me the whole way. She made me feel comfortable and confident that my special day would be just how I imagined it. They were professional, organized, patient, quick to answer all my questions and able to make adjustments easily.

Not being from the area I leaned on them help assemble my vendor team, with vendors they trusted and that were within my budget. Planning a wedding no doubt can be stressful but with the help of Sandcastle I knew I was in good hands and the week of my wedding I felt so calm and confident. They took the pressure off my by dealing with my vendors, drop offs, set up and everything else behind the scenes.

The day of all I had to worry about was getting ready and walking down the aisle. Our wedding day turned out exactly as I had imagined filled with love, laughter and lots of dancing. It was a perfect day and went off without a hitch thanks to Janet and her team! I highly recommend Sandcastle Celebrations for making your special day extra special!

Sandcastle Celebrations's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure to assist you and Josh. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness.
  • Karen
    Karen B. Married on 08/24/2019

Made the wedding day run seamlessly

Janet and her team did a fantastic job!!! She helped keep me organized leading up to the wedding, met with me at least twice at the site to make sure we were in sync and not missing anything, took care of details I had no idea would even come up, and seriously... the actual day of flew by and I did was have fun and float through the day. Janet (and helper) just magically appeared to make things happen on schedule and wrap everything up at the end of the night (aka make sure all our 'stuff' was taken home by family members). I would hire her again in a heartbeat.. thank you Janet!!!

Thank you Karen!
    It was such a joy to work with you. I am so pleased that everything was so seamless. I can't wait to see your magical wedding images and relive the perfect day once again.
    Take care,
    Janet
  • Sierra
    Sierra S. Married on 06/29/2019

Janet is an ANGEL sent from heaven!

I truly do not know what I would have done without having Janet at our wedding. I seriously did not need to worry about a single thing the day of my wedding. She made the entire process streamlined, organized, and joyful! I absolutely loved working from her. I would hire her over and over and over again! It was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Even my friends and family noted how professional and AMAZING Janet and her staff was. There is so much behind the scenes work that needs to be done. I was so glad to have Janet to help me through all of it. Hire her! You will not regret it! She is worth every penny plus MORE!

Sandcastle Celebrations's reply:

Thanks Sierra! Wow, so many kind words. It was such a pleasure to work with you. Still dreaming about your perfect day. Sending you Jacob all the best and a lifetime of happiness.
  • Christine
    Christine L. Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing wedding pal

Janet is the best! I was so lucky to get to work with her through our wedding venue at The Casitas Estate! By booking with this venue, Janet came with the package and I couldn’t imagine it any other way. We live in Arizona and for us and most of our guests this was a “destination wedding.” She made it so easy for us to keep on track by recommending vendors, being available whenever I had a question and giving guidance when it came to our dream wedding.

Janet helped me execute everything I had come up with, stick to a budget which meant helping me rationalize some of the decisions we were trying to make.

With her help and maybe some of my own organizational and planning mentality the day was nothing short of perfect! Our day was stress free and so much fun!

Not many people can say their wedding was so incredibly perfect they wouldn’t change a single thing but we can definitely say that. Only thing I would do is stop the clock and slow down time. I would love to do it all over again- exactly the same way!

Janet even sparked some thoughts of maybe becoming a wedding planner- maybe in my next life. Thanks Janet for everything you did!
  • Monica
    Monica Married on 06/30/2018
    I would give Janet 10 stars if I could!! We couldn't have done it with out her! She has the best attitude and is so fun. During the planning process, she always answered our questions quickly and efficiently. She helped us pick a great team of vendors and gave us her expert opinion at every turn. We have all kinds of big personalities in our family and she handled everyone perfectly! My mom wants to be her best friend ;-)
    Elaine Married on 06/24/2018
    Janet was the wedding coordinator for my daughter’s wedding. It was great working with her. She was organized, supportive and always responsive to any questions or concerns I had. I couldn’t have been happier!
    Erin Married on 05/12/2018
    We cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience working with Janet of Sandcastle Celebrations; she was amazing! From the moment we had our initial telephone call with Janet to when we walked down the aisle, the service she provided was top-notch. We really felt like she went above and beyond what other wedding coordinators promise to provide. She walked us through our very complicated rental order, went over our contracts line by line to assure no small detail was overlooked and even met us at a few meetings we had with other vendors to walk us through the planning process. She did all of these things with confidence, a friendly smile and a great sense of humor. There were times in the year-long planning process that we felt a little overwhelmed and it was always reassuring that we could ask Janet anything along the way. By the time our wedding weekend came, we were able to sit back and relax because we knew Janet had all the small details we had totally under control. We began to call her the "perfect anticipator" because on several occasions that day, it was like she read our minds. From keeping track of our belongings to coordinating with the other vendors and corraling guests when needed, everything flowed seamlessly and we don't think that would have happened without Janet's expert planning and flawless execution. I was truly impressed when I sat down for dinner and found that Janet had placed two meaningful trinkets on our plates, as I'd mentioned to her earlier in the day how they were special to me and my now husband. In sum, Janet is incredible and aside from choosing to get married, she's the best wedding planning decision you will make! I know she was for us. Thank you Janet -- :)
    Lindsay Married on 10/21/2017
    We can't say enough about how helpful Janet was. She went above and beyond in helping us plan, and thought of things we didn't even consider to help make our wedding day an unforgettable event. She is very detail oriented, extremely reliable, an all around fun person to work with, and great at what she does. She works well with vendors all over the central coast. We would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding!!
  • Kristina
    Kristina Married on 09/30/2017
    One of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process was to hire Janet as our day of coordinator! She not only answered our questions & provided referrals for other vendors in the months leading up to the wedding, but also, she went above and beyond to pick up/drop off a number of things in the last weeks and day leading up to the wedding. More importantly, she and her wonderful assistant didn't miss a detail on the big day! Everything went smoothly and exactly as we had imagined. We are so grateful for all their hard work! Our wedding would not have been the same without them :)
    Stephanie Married on 08/26/2017
    YES, YES, YES! MY LADY! Janet is the woman! I can't imagine my day without her. She seriously made all of my wedding dreams come true! She is one of the sweetest, kindest, patient, most generous souls around.... I could go on all day about how great she is. The month of all I had to do was write a seating chart on a note pad and show up on time to the wedding. She coordinated with all my vendors and made sure everything went so smooth. She made my vision come to life and made the day so enjoyable and NO STRESS! I had sooo many compliments on how well the wedding went. I cannot say enough great things about Janet and her team. If could hire Janet to be my life coach, I would!

Dear Stephanie,
    It was an absolute pleasure to assist you! I had so much fun designing your wedding. It was definitely a highlight of my season. Your friends and family were so kind and generous and easy to work with. I so appreciate your kind words. Wishing you and Steve a lifetime of happiness!
    Nikki Married on 07/08/2017
    Janet is nothing but AMAZING!! So organized, so helpful, so Everything! The planning process was so easy thanks to her and the day of was flawless. She took control of everything and prepared for anything. If you can book Janet DO IT!!!! She also made my dream dessert table a reality!!
    Casie Married on 05/13/2017
    I can't thank Janet enough for all her help making my wedding come together so perfectly! She is an angel sent from wedding coordination heaven. I had a venue that required we bring EVERYTHING in so she had so many vendors to juggle but kept it all so organized that I didn't have any concerns day of. I also had a lot of DIY and cost saving strategies that did mean more work for her but she never had any issue with my loads of instructions and boxes of supplies. Also she has an excellent eye for design which I unfortunately do not have so she helped me a great deal with decor selection, table arrangements, and helped me Pinterest ideas for the seating chart to make my day even more beautiful than I could have imagined. I always got off my planning phone calls with Janet feeling so pumped and less stressed. Central coast brides - Janet is your girl!!
    Kris Married on 09/23/2016
    Janet is INCREDIBLE! We planned our wedding from afar and she made the entire process so simple and stress free. Janet designed and coordinated every detail of our wedding and made it the most amazing day of our lives. I felt relaxed the entire planning process and throughout the wedding day. She helped us stay under budget for the entire wedding and her knowledge of vendors in the area really made it easy to keep our wedding elegant yet affordable. Janet was very accommodating to some of the personal preferences and ideas we had for the wedding and blended everything so well for the final product. She was a joy to work with and so positive and organized throughout the entire planning process. We very highly recommend Janet for any celebration you are trying to plan. I wish we could have our wedding over and over and over again!
    Katie Married on 07/30/2016
    Janet (and her behind the scenes team) was incredible to work with!! My husband and I got married at the Casitas in July 2016 and could not have had a better experience working with her. She was so helpful from the beginning, recommending vendors and helping me find the things I wanted. I was very unprepared for the details of wedding planning & decor. Janet took words I threw out like "minimal", "candles", and "lots of greenery" and made it look better than I could have imagined. The date was stress free because she planned our timeline well and allowed everyone to have lots of fun. Thank you for all of your hard work!!!
    Lindsey Married on 07/23/2016
    Janet is beyond amazing! My husband, mom, dad, and I met her when we first toured our wedding venue since she is a preferred vendor. The moment I met her, I felt like we just clicked and knew immediately that I wanted to work with her. Janet has many great qualities but there are three things that I think make her stand out the most:

1) The first meeting I had with her, she asked me what my budget was and recommended vendors that would work with my budget. There are so many wonderful wedding vendors out there that it can be overwhelming with all the information out there. Her providing me three or four vendors for each category that would be in my price range was extremely helpful and made planning a bit easier!

2) Janet is the ultimate problem-solver. The arch that we originally were going to use was not going to work due to the wind The morning of the wedding Janet had to break the news to me but already had a solution figured out. Even with the new arch, it still fell over right before the ceremony so Janet figured out they would "nail" it into the grass to keep it sturdy. Again, she came in to inform me that she moved the arch in to the grass, re-arranged the chairs but everything was going to be fine - and she was right, everything went perfectly. I appreciate that fact that Janet always kept me informed of any "issues" but never made it my or my husband's problem to worry about it. I should also add that the arch ended up being even more amazing than I could have imagined. I wish I could figure out how to upload a picture to show you!

3) On the day of the wedding, she was everywhere. She made the day flow perfectly!

If you go with Janet, consider yourself a very lucky bride/groom!
    Julie Married on 07/09/2016
    Janet was fabulous to work with. She made planning a breeze, introduced us to wonderful vendors, and helped keep us on track. She was so knowledgeable about the area and about planning weddings. The day of she took care of everything at the Casitas Estate so my husband and I could truly enjoy the day. She caught little details we missed such as a misspelled chalkboard sign that said "welome" instead of "welcome" and got it fixed asap (and without worrying us!). She was really good at coordinating our various relatives for photos and thanks to her everything was on time! I'll miss working with her so closely, almost makes me want to get married again!
    Kristen Married on 09/05/2015
    We love Janet! My husband and I can't thank her enough for all of her hard work planning and coordinating our wedding at The Casitas Estate. We met Janet while we were touring the property (she is one of the preferred coordinators for Casitas) and immediately knew that we had to work with her. Janet's enthusiasm and passion for what she does is so incredible and it made the wedding planning process so much fun for us! Janet is also extremely organized and responsive. Since we don't live on the Central Coast, we could only make a handful of visits to town to visit with Janet, see the property, and meet with our other vendors. Janet helped coordinate all of these visits so we could meet with our vendors, and she even met with some of our vendors on her own - saving us trips! Talk about going above and beyond and making our lives so much easier. Janet also recommended other vendors for us to work with (catering, florist, DJ, etc.) , and they all were perfect fits. We had a particular arch style in mind for our ceremony and Janet took it upon herself to assemble a team to actually build us the arch! Wow! With the styling, Janet totally embraced our vision, took it to the next level, and put together the most beautiful wedding we could have imagined. We were blown away on our wedding day by how perfect everything looked. The whole day ran very smoothly. Janet kept us at ease, stress-free, enjoying the day and each other. She is much more than a wedding planner to us - we feel like we gained a wonderful friend in the process. We would highly recommend Janet to anyone!