28 Reviews for Memory Making Events

Referrals (2)
Destination (2)
Non-Religious (2)
Budget Analysis (1)

Words cannot explain how amazing my experience was with Samantha and her team. She seriously went above and beyond for us. There is no way I would have enjoyed the wedding day or would have been nearly prepared enough if it wasn't for Samantha. I even had red wine spilled on my wedding dress that she made disappear (no joke)!

She helped with vendor recommendations, timelines, checklists, planning all of the teeny tiny details and making everything come together cohesively. Samantha and her team literally thought about every detail and even details I could not have even imagined. She gives her utmost attention to you and is so easy to work with. She made me feel very calm several times throughout the planning process when I felt like losing my mind. Not to mention I changed my mind a bunch, but Samantha was very patient and understanding every single time.

Wedding planning is truly Samantha's passion and that is totally apparent when she plans yours. MME was probably the best investment I made in our wedding and would make the same decision a million times over. You would be making a mistake not going with Samantha as your planner! She's seriously the best!

Profile Picture Lucia, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Budget Analysis, Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

As a hands on, do-it-myself kind of girl, I have to say I was a little nervous letting someone take the reins on my big day. Ok, a LOT nervous! After all, I was the one that had done months of planning and knew exactly in my mind how everything was going to look and be set up. But then we met Samantha! For our first appointment, we met at our venue and went through initial high-level details. She took detailed notes and I felt like she was really engaged in our event. While we were there, we observed another couple meeting with their planner and my husband and I both agreed that their experience seemed so different. Ours was laid back and felt like we were just old friends conversing. Three hours and a wine tasting afternoon later, we actually did consider Samantha to be a friend! There was a great connection which was really important to us. Fast forward to the month leading up to our big day and this is where Samantha really stepped in and helped coordinate all the details with our vendors. I had several questions during this month and she never once made me feel like I was a nuisance. She was so helpful and was incredibly flexible with some last minute edits due to changes in our guest list. During our rehearsal, we quickly went through our decor and how we envisioned everything getting set up. Given how quickly we ran through this, most people would have had questions and/or wouldn't have followed our direction, but Samantha truly brought our wedding vision to life. During our photo session before the wedding, I asked our photographer if I could take a peek at everything (again, it's the hands on, hard-for-me-to-let-go personality I have). I was blown away at how perfect everything was! She really heard me and understood us. During our wedding ceremony and reception, she and her team were hardly noticeable. She just made things happen! Our wedding day was everything we could have dreamed of and more, and we have Samantha to thank for helping make it that way.

Profile Picture Taryn, 9/9/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Destination, Ceremony, Reception

Samantha was hands down the best person to handle a wedding. She takes care of EVERYTHING while staying calm and making sure you (the bride) have nothing to worry about. Words cannot describe how incredibly thankful I am for her! My wedding went off without a single hitch....not one problem! We love you, Samantha! We are eternally indebted to you!

Profile Picture morgan, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Using Memory Making Events was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. We used Samantha as a month of coordinator and getting to pass all of the planning off to her when we got down to crunch time was the most amazing feeling. She handled the timeline, coordination, layout and so much more. And this is all just before the event! When it came to the wedding day I received the sweetest text from her the morning of wishing me an amazing day and reassuring me that she had it all handled. Everything went perfectly and I can distinctly remember time and time again that I was blown away by the details she was handling that I would have never thought of throughout our wedding day. On top of perfect execution she was calm and collected the entire time. Exactly what you need from a wedding coordinator to make you feel amazing! I couldn't speak more highly of Samantha and her team.

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Every bride wants to plan the perfect wedding – but there is nothing better than being able to ENJOY the day of your perfect wedding! In my opinion, the best thing to do to ensure that is: hire Samantha to be your wedding coordinator!

Speaking as an out-of-state bride, planning was extremely stressful at times and Samantha was there to help me every step of the way. She was nothing short of amazing from our first email correspondence to the very end of our wedding weekend. Samantha was so easy to work with – warm and friendly, great at communicating and responding to my emails. From recommending vendors to taking care of all those last-minute details the day of, she really did it all for me! (Insider secret: she does florals too!)

Before the wedding, she worked with all my other vendors, designed and sent out the timeline, and ensured that all of them were in the loop and ready to go for our big day. I gave her a few boxes of my DIY décor and described my ideas to her, and she took them and turned them into reality. She made sure that everything ran smoothly on the big day, even offered her own easels and made us signs for our wedding, and packed up all the décor at the end of the night so it was ready to go for us the next day!

***Our wedding day was nothing short of fantastic!!! I already had 110% confidence in Samantha, and everything exceeded our expectations!!! Our family and friends couldn’t stop talking about how beautiful and well-executed everything was, and it was all thanks to Samantha and her assistant Tori!!! Thank you so much!!!***

Profile Picture Lilie, 4/29/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Non-Religious, Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Not sure if you want to get a wedding coordinator? Trust me, just get one and you will actually be able to enjoy your wedding - but make sure you get Samantha! We did the month of package and she was absolutely amazing months before leading up to the date. I am a detailed-oriented type of planner myself and I was stressing myself out with so many questions, logistics, etc. and Samantha always answers and addresses all my concerns in such a timely manner! She helped put me at ease and always manages to find different alternate options or recommendations for anything and everything.

I was working with a more difficult venue (non-responsive and more disorganized) but Samantha managed to get answers, even did a on-site visit to ensure she had the correct measurements, and got on good terms with them to ensure everything ran smoothly the day of! She got in touch with all my other vendors to make sure the timeline was all good to go and I had no issues whatsoever with any of them.

Samantha offers amazing decor recommendations and always offers to go out of her way to set things up or go the extra mile to do something. I was stuck on some design/decorating ideas and she immediately found a few items on amazon and sent them right over and also offered to bring her own cake stands or easles. She even cut some greenery from her own yard and brought them so my light/greenery round installation would work out and I would save some money from florals!

The day of, the wedding ran extremely smoothly - literally nothing really went wrong! So many people complemented how beautiful it all turned out and how smoothly and well-executed everything was and we definitely couldn't have done it without Samantha and her awesome team. Best of all, they were ninjas afterwards and packed everything back up into its original boxes. Her sweet and calm demeanor is perfect to have around - she takes care of business but does it all with a smile! Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Cam, 4/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Samantha and Memory Making Events gave us amazing memories to last us our lifetimes.

There are those that go the extra mile and above and beyond the call of duty and then there are those that go lightyears beyond that and that is the kind of people Samantha and her crew truly are. For example, she'll make visits to your venue to ensure preparation or even climb up tall ladders to personally affix the ideal lighting and decor on the ceiling fixtures in your venue. She has a design background and it shows with her personal creative touches.

She really is all about making sure you have no stress at all and ensuring your hopes and wants are met throughout. She is everything you want in a wedding planner including being detail-oriented, extremely responsive, and able to get results. She had a great reputation and got all with all our vendors whether from the SLO area or beyond.

Samantha is a true professional and we are beyond happy with everything she did. Can't say enough great things about Memory Making Events. I think the best compliment I can give is that our wedding went better than we could have dreamed. Any potential issues were immediately resolved by Samantha and her staff and everything helped us focus on having a good time.

Thanks Samantha and MME! We hope everyone goes with you guys for their big day!

Profile Picture Matthew, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I eloped at the Santa Barbara Courthouse but still had a small ceremony and reception brunch. Sam was amazing! So on top of it! Anything I needed the day of my wedding she was on it. Great at delegating and keeping everything on time. Even when I went to look for something real fast that my husband and I forgot to grab for the reception, she was right there asking 'what can I help you with?'. Great attention to detail. She also was the second shooter for our photographer and we just loved how she captured our day. She's the sweetest, most genuine person ever and very professional.

Profile Picture Brit, 1/14/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Sam was the calm to my storm during wedding time. She was always happy, constantly making sure everything was perfect and just overall a flawless planner! She is very intuitive on what needs to be accomplished and of what my vision was. She is also super organized and makes sure everyone knows the timing of the events were. Overall Sam was amazing and so sweet. Definitely a coordinator I will be suggesting to everyone!

Profile Picture Krista, 10/22/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I cannot say enough about Samantha! She went above and beyond to make my wedding special and EASY! Her ability to stay calm and professional in high stress situations is amazing! Her enthusiasm and passion for what she does is inspiring. Shes my hero! :)

Profile Picture lisa, 8/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Samantha is amazing! She went above and beyond in helping make our day so special. She helped in so many different aspects of our day...from picking up our wedding cake that morning to packing up our gifts for us that night & every moment in between she was there for it all making sure there were no problems. Thanks to memory making events our day was awesome! I would highly recommend Samantha & her team!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/16/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Made our simple venue into an amazingly beautiful wedding venue!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Samantha was absolutely amazing. It was quite a hunt to find a day of wedding coordinator that was the right price and that I felt like I could trust completely with my wedding day. Samantha was worth the hunt. I didn't have a worry in the world on the day of my wedding and that is truly thanks to Samantha. She offers more services than a lot of the other 'day of' coordinators that I looked at for such a reasonable price.
On the day of, she never showed the slightest bit of stress (which I was so grateful for because then I would have been stressing!) and handled everything, including a few obstacle thrown at her with ingenuity, creativity and professionalism. She set up the gift table, the party favors table, desert table, the sweetheart table etc. so beautifully; she knew what worked and completely understood my vision for the wedding.
I cannot say enough about her. I would recommend her to any bride in a heartbeat.
Thank you again for everything Samantha!

Profile Picture Kate, 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot say anough wonderful and positive things about Samantha and her team at Making Memory events! She MADE my wedding at Dos Pueblos Ranch in Santa Barbara more perfect than I could have ever imagined! Far beyond my expetations. One of the best parts of working with her was her flexibility, inspiring and creative ideas, and ESPECIALLY how I did not have to worry about ANYTHING. She handled communication with all of our vendors (email, phone, in person and day of), met with my fiance', mom and I at last minutes notice and accompanied us to most meetings. She was magical, nice, open and VERY well versed and experienced in putting on a beautiful perfect wedding exactly how a bride and groom would want- no matter what your vision. The day of was flawless (as far as we knew!) and we did not have to worry about a thing but enjoying friends, family, and the amazing event itself.

PLUS, she also did our flowers; which were PERFECT! I showed Samantha a few pictures and vaguely explained what I liked, and she made my ideas come to life with the most beautiful bouquets and arrangements imaginable.

Thank you Samantha!!!
Love, Mark and Vanessa

Profile Picture Vanessa, 5/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I have to be honest- hiring a day of coordinator hadn't been a thought of mine until our venue required one and I am SO thankful that they did. I was married on April 25, 2015 in Paso Robles and I had the pleasure of working with Samantha of Memory Making Events during my planning process and wedding day.

Before working with MME, I was stressed and frazzled the for first few months of the planning process because I was doing it ALL on my own which is incredibly overwhelming. Like most brides, I had never planned a wedding before and I'll never forget that feeling of relief I got after my first meeting with Samantha. Her knowledge of wedding and event planning, the Central Coast and her resources were a blessing for me being an out of state bride. Samantha answered ALL of my questions from etiquette to design and everything in between quickly and incredibly detailed.

Samantha went above and beyond to help me with everything (and I mean everything!) I needed from the day I hired her to the days following the wedding. Her efforts and calm spirit allowed us to really enjoy my wedding as guests and not as hosts. Even our bridal party, parents and other vendors loved her!

Samantha is incredibly well-rounded in the wedding industry. She knows all areas of the planning process from photography to flowers to catering and design. She is incredibly efficient, organized and flexible. You get so much more than a wedding planner or coordinator with Samantha; you get the ultimate planning professional who has all of the tools to make your wedding dreams a reality!

I can't thank Samantha enough for all the effort she put in to my wedding and how much time and stress she saved me during the planning process. I absolutely recommend Memory Making Events to all brides in search of the perfect wedding planner!

Profile Picture Candace, 4/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I don't know what we would have done without Samantha of Memory Making Events! The advice she gave, her attentiveness, enthusiasm, creativity, and her ability to work around our budget was more than we could ask for! All in all, her expertise and knowledge of other vendors was of exceptional value and helped make our Great Gatsby special day...a day to remember. She would be out and about shopping and see something that we might need and contacted me immediately. Both my new husband and I work full-time and have 5 kids between the both of us so there was no way we would have been able to pull off our amazing wedding without her! We had seen some of her other work so we definitely trusted her as she helped narrow down our options for decision making. She was so excited for our Great Gatsby themed wedding that I feel it just flowed throughout our event...and caused many, including us to say that this was the "wedding of the year"!! Thank you so much Samantha because you truly made our special day exactly what we had imagined!!

Profile Picture Anna, 3/14/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Samantha made planning my wedding such an easy thing. Every time I was stressed she was able to give me ideas and get everything on track. Samantha especially shined on the day of my wedding. We had talked about decor and flowers before but I wasn't quite sure how it would all come out. It was the smoothest wedding I've ever been in. She delivered all the bouquets to my parents house and made sure that all my vendors were on track. All I had to do was show up and the entire venue was ready to go and it looked amazing and exactly what I wanted. It was beyond gorgeous. She was extremely easy to work with and had great ideas the entire time.She was knowledgeable about venders we could use as well. When my longtime friend/makeup artist had to bail on me, Samantha had multiple replacements and had already checked on their availability. She absolutely made my wedding the great, memorable time that it was. I feel so lucky that we found her. Thanks Samantha!

Profile Picture Marisa, 3/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

Memory Making Events did a phenomenal job at our wedding on November 1, 2014 in Santa Barbara, CA. Samantha went over the top to make sure that eveything single detail went perfectly on our big day. Samantha understood my vision an executed it perfectly... From decorating our venue in full, to making sure that the bridal party had enough champangne to fight off our prewedding jitters, to cleaning up and packing up the ENTIRE venue after the wedding, Samantha and her team went above and beyond to make sure that our day went off with out a glitch. If you are from the central coast area I STRONGLY suggest using Memory Making Events as your event planner. Samantha and her assistant even picked up all of our decor from another location and brought it all to our venue (making 4 trips total might I add)! She was cool, calm and collected through out the whole process and that is EXACTLY what we needed... My mom, Hubby, and I wanted to enjoy the day of the wedding with out any worries and that is exactly what we got! Making Memory Events did an over the top job at a reasonable price... I couldn't be happier with the services provided! Thank you so, so much again Samantha!!!!!!

Profile Picture Maggie, 11/1/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Samantha was absolutely amazing. She kept everybody very calm and checked a few times with me that I was happy and liked everything. I would 100 % hire her for another event.

Profile Picture Sandra, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Samantha made my wedding flawless!!! She has an amazing attention for detail. Everything was perfect and she made my wedding day worry free. So many details "behind the scenes" that she handled effortlessly.
I would HIGHLY recommend Memory Making Events to any bride, or anyone having a special event.

Profile Picture Jacqlyn, 7/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Samantha of Memory Making Events did so much for me on my husband and I's wedding day! She even showed up to the church before I did! She helped us carry things, helped parents find their way around, and pinned boutineres on the groom and groomsmen. Her photos came out beautiful, as well as quickly. Just two days after the wedding, she texted to let me know that they were all ready to be mailed or picked up. She did a fantastic job! Lastly, she have us a discount for being active duty military. We really appreciated that, as well as all she did for us. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Elinore, 5/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Samantha was awesome...down to earth, yet very professional all at the same time. i love the photos that were taken and the artistic quality that she was able to convey. Truly awesome...i plan to use Samantha for all of my life events that i want quality photos that really capture the moment. Can't say thanks enough!!!!

Profile Picture jessica, 1/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Samantha was seriously the best decision I made besides marrying my best friend. She handled anything I threw her way. And she can really do anything and handle anything. From the caterers to flower to decoration to crazy family members. She did it all! She did all the decoration, flowers, set up a photo booth, found me a bartender, did all the setup and take down and the list goes on. She was there every time we needed her and handled all the little things my brian just couldn't process. One of the biggest comforts was knowing everything on the day of was taken care of by her and her team. She did everything with a smile and was so quick to get back to us and took care of things in a timely mstter. She responded to every text and email no matter how big or small. I really felt like she became a friend in the process and when everything was done I felt like I still wanted to talk to her about everything! Lol I would love to move closer to her and work with her. Having Samantha as part of your wedding process is one of the best things you could do for yourself.

Profile Picture Aubrey, 11/10/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Samantha was AMAZING! My flowers were gorgeous! She went above and beyond. I was surprised by my dad during our father/daughter dance with him singing to me and she filmed the whole thing! Thank you for making my day extra special!

Profile Picture D'Ann, 2/16/13, 1 Review