Rust Manor House Reviews

91 | Leesburg, VA

91 Reviews for Rust Manor House

Kara · Married on 10/29/2016

I cannot recommend Rust Manor enough. Jackie, Paul and the rest of the crew are so friendly, professional and reliable. We felt comfortable with them from the beginning which allowed us to enjoy our day that much more. The booking process is very straightforward – we found it to be affordable compared to similar venues and there are no hidden fees. And the venue is beautiful! Pictures do not do this place justice. We had our ceremony outside in front of the trees, the cocktail hour inside the manor house and the reception inside the tent. It’s a really nice flow for the guests, and we received so many compliments. There is also a really nice bridal suite to get ready in and a groomsmen cottage for the guys (complete with outdoor games to keep them occupied!). Definitely check them out, you will be in good hands!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Erin · Married on 10/16/2016

Rust Manor House is such a lovely venue, you can't help falling in love with it. If you want a vintage backdrop for your wedding, this is it! Paul and Jackie were fabulous to work with. Both are top notch professionals and were on top of all of the details. No venue is inexpensive, but all of the little things that are included in the rental fee are really amazing... not having to rent tables, chairs, easels, etc., is a huge bonus and after looking at quite a few locations where nothing is included, you start to realize what a great value it is. If you use their in-house caterer, they also include things like mirrors for the centers of your reception tables and a cake cutter/server. What a great savings!
    We held our wedding on the lawn, with cocktail hour in the house, and our reception in the tent. During cocktail hour, they had cornhole, ladder golf, and lawn Jenga setup for guests to enjoy. Although not available when we initially booked Rust, by the time of our event they had added an optional fire pit for the patio next to the tent, and we got to add s'mores to our event for a very low additional fee. Everyone attending had a fabulous time and just raved about the venue.

Sent on 03/02/2017

Madeleine · Married on 09/10/2016

Rust Manor house was the perfect venue for us. Elegant with plenty of natural beauty and in such a charming historic town. Additionally, the staff was so incredibly easy to work with. Jackie and Paul were both lightning-fast when responding to questions and accommodating with our special requests. They were detail-oriented, calm and collected, and we highly recommend Rust Manor with no hesitation. Their in-house catering was also superb!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Caitlin · Married on 09/03/2016

Rust Manor was an incredible venue. Paul and Jackie helped us along every step of the way and were so accommodating whenever we dropped by. They made the day seamless and perfect, and continue to improve the venue.

Sent on 09/17/2016

Avista · Married on 09/03/2016

We absolutely loved our wedding at Rust Manor in Leesburg. We got married on August 26, which was a nice summer day. It got hot inside the tent but only on the dance floor. All of our older guests who didn't/couldn't dance said that it was beautiful and comfortable night. If you are planning a summer wedding, do it! It was everything we hoped for. The tent has fans all around the sides and makes for a comfortable summer night inside of it. The grounds, the house, the tent were all absolutely gorgeous. Our wedding pictures turned out beyond beautiful. We also loved how easy it was to talk and communicate with Jackie and Paul. They were the best! I would email them at 9 pm and was not expecting to receive a response until the following day but would always get an email back 5 minutes later. They made our experience so amazing. If you are considering this venue, we highly recommend it. It's breathtaking and affordable. Take a look for yourself and tour the venue.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2016

I recently had my wedding reception at Rust Manor House and it was was simply beautiful! All of my guests could not stop saying what a beautiful venue it was. The layout of the house out to the lawn then down to the tent was so great and the party flowed perfectly. I really cant say enough good things about this venue. When we first walked onto the property my husband and I knew right away that we wanted to have our reception here. Paul and Jackie were so wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. Jackie answered all of my emails right away and was always very calming! Paul even met with one of my vendors prior to my wedding to make sure that the installation of one of my signs was hung correctly! They are a fantastic team and I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/06/2016
  • Maia

Maia · Married on 08/20/2016

I absolutely loved Rust Manor House. Paul and Jackie are absolutely amazing. I'm sure every couple feels this way about them. You fall in love with the property but even more with the staff. Would love to go back and photograph photos there next year or something! Thank you RUST!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Lauren · Married on 07/23/2016

Rust Manor was the perfect place to have our wedding. We could not have been more pleased with the location, service, attention to detail, helpfulness of staff, and the overall beauty of the venue. Paul and Jackie are the MOST helpful and kind people and they made everything so easy and are so accommodating. We planned our wedding from abroad and had such an easy experience working with them. They thought of everything and help with it all! We had our wedding outside and the reception in the house since it was a smaller wedding. Both the house and grounds are already so gorgeous, which made it a breeze to decorate. Rust has almost everything you need (tables, chairs, chalk boards, even some decorative pieces) AND they help you set it up- which is really helpful on your wedding day. I really could not recommend this place more- so happy that we chose such a beautiful location with such wonderful staff working to make each wedding special.

Sent on 08/07/2016

Stacy · Married on 07/16/2016

Rust Manor was amazingly beautiful for my daughter's wedding. The house, the grounds, and the tent were breathtaking, clean and matched the look that my daughter wanted. We used the house for appetizers and cocktails and were supported by Jackie in giving us helpful advise and suggestions. We had planned to have games outside -- but the rain (thankfully -- it cooled the temp by 15 degrees) caused us to remain in the house. Jackie and the catering team smoothly adjusted and everyone had a wonderful time. Great Blue Heron handled drinks and food and it was wonderful -- they were quite flexible and accommodated my daughter's plan of a BBQ that included her husband's family BBQ sauce. Dinner, dancing, and a nerf gun fight concluded our evening -- all beautiful, fun and most importantly --great memories of what will hopefully be a very happy married life.

Sent on 07/24/2016

Words cannot express how happy we were with this venue. From the moment we walked in I knew this was where we would celebrate our wedding. The grounds and house are stunning and Jackie at Rust Manor was a joy to work with. Jackie made it easy to plan an out of state wedding. She is so professional and an absolute angel, she was always willing to help in any way. I am so thankful for everyone at Rust Manor we had so many of our guest say how amazing our wedding was and that is because of the staff there. Thank you so much for making our wedding so special and for all your other vendor recommendations. You are the best!!!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Cassandra · Married on 05/27/2016

Wow i'm not quite sure where to begin with this review... first of all, Rust Manor was the first and only venue we visited--we completely fell in love with it and signed an agreement on the spot! Jackie and Paul were so amazing to work with. We emailed constantly and Jackie made us feel so much better about our wedding plans! She even helped in suggesting additional vendors for our cake, flowers, and officiant! And she was so quick with responding to emails! On the wedding day, jackie made SURE everything ran smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing--she did our processional and recessional and made sure our wedding party was on top of it all :) We couldn't have done it without her and the wonderful Rust Staff!!!!!!

Sent on 08/16/2016
  • User3911989 · 2+ years ago

One of the prettiest places ever! I absolutely loved Rust Manor House and so did all of my guests. I have gotten numerous compliments about how great of a job I did picking the venue - yes, I picked it but the employees of Rust Manor House are the ones who make it as gorgeous and wonderful as it is. Jackie and Paul were great! They were very responsive, professional, and personable.

Sent on 11/03/2015
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/19/2015

I just got married at Rust Manor two weeks ago. I cannot say enough positive things about this venue. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

A family member of mine attended a wedding at Rust Manor a few years ago, and recommended it to me as he knew I was engaged. I'm so glad he did, because it was a "hidden gem" among the many venues in the Leesburg area, and a dream come true for me.

The manor house is charming and provides a stunning backdrop for pictures, as do the trees and lush grounds. Rust Manor is part of the Northern VA Regional Park Authority. My family and I received a discount because our respective addresses of Fairfax County and the City of Alexandria qualify as NoVA residents. You can also feel good about the fact that your money is going back into the parks - no profiteering here.

The location is close to downtown and easily accessible from the Dulles Greenway. Many local hotels nearby, which know the venue, and some will even provide free shuttle service.

Aside from the spectacular property, the next best thing about Rust Manor is its exceptional staff. Paul McCray manages the property, and his calm attitude is truly a breath of fresh air in the wedding industry. He and his staff (Jackie Querry and another young lady) are knowledgeable, friendly, responsive and accurate. They were enormously helpful in recommending vendors, and were always accessible and helpful throughout the planning process.

I can't wait to see Rust Manor become a premiere wedding venue in the Leesburg area. I know it is only a matter of time.

Sent on 10/05/2015
  • Asheleigh

Asheleigh · Married on 09/12/2015

My husband and I are so happy we chose Rust Manor House as our wedding venue. When we first visited the site Paul spent over an hour with us showing us around the house and grounds and discussing various options for a ceremony and reception on their property. It is absolutely gorgeous and provided just the right amount of nature that we were looking for in our ceremony. We worked with Jackie as our venue coordinator for about a year and she was outstanding. She answered every question and every e-mail with friendly and gracious responses (even when we sent multiple e-mails in a day and asked very strange questions). We truly were so lucky on our wedding day. It poured all morning and we were afraid that we would have to have our ceremony inside, but Jackie told our bridesmaids that she was definitely expecting a Rust miracle. Sure enough the rain stopped just in time for our outdoor ceremony and it was lovely. We were also able to fit myself, my 6 bridesmaids, my mother, my aunt, my mother-in-law, and our hair and make-up artists in the bride's room on the second floor without any problems. Rust Manor House is gorgeous and peaceful and was the perfect wedding venue for us. There are also wonderful places on the property for beautiful photos!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Molly · Married on 09/12/2015

I can't say enough great things about Rust Manor House! Paul, Jackie and Kristin are patient, professional, thoughtful and downright wonderful to work with! They made the wedding planning process stress-free and beautiful. The manor is GORGEOUS, comes with an in-house caterer, a tent, reception tables and chairs, lawn games, chalk boards, a groom's cottage and bridal suite, and you can rent ceremony chairs through them! Even better, you can rent the venue for the entire day-- my bridesmaids and I started getting ready at 10 a.m. and our wedding didn't start until 5 p.m. Literally they are the best wedding venue ever. I would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Rust was the perfect setting for our wedding. My (now) husband and I loved that we were able to have our ceremony and reception in one place AND in a beautiful setting. We both love the outdoors so the private garden and forest surroundings were exactly what we were looking for. We also really liked that we didn’t need to look for a caterer given Rust operates in conjunction with Great Blue Heron Catering. Plus, we appreciated the discount that came with our Northern Virginia residency!

Also, Jackie and Paul were fabulous. They were always willing to answer questions and were so positive throughout the whole process. What a wonderful team to work with!

Sent on 10/27/2015

LOVED Rust Manor. They worked with my tight budget, were professionally quick to respond, and were very friendly through the whole process. They are extremely experienced, as they have held years of weddings there, and are always improving to make it a better venue. Between the time I chose the venue and actually used it, they had installed a better floor for the outdoor tent. They include a lot of things which keeps the cost down, and are conveniently right off of the highway. It was absolutely beautiful and easy to use, I was glad that of all the things to be stressed about, the venue was not one of them. I had no problems at all with them, from beginning to end. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Katelyn · Married on 06/20/2015

My Husband and I held our wedding here in June 2015 and had a fabulous experience. The property is absolutely gorgeous and comes with a lot of extras, such as reception tables/chairs and a beautiful arch. From the very beginning the entire staff was always available to answer questions and usually sent emails back within hours of me emailing them. We chose to go with Smokin Willys for our food and they worked very well with them as an outside caterer.
    Fast forward to the week of the wedding and Rust was extremely flexible with our rehearsal plans. No on had booked a wedding the night before ours so they allowed my chair/linen/glassware rentals be dropped off Friday morning and our rehearsal walk-through held that afternoon. With heavy rain forecasted the next day for our wedding I was assured by Paul and Kristen that they would make sure my wedding went off with our hitch and they seamlessly worked with my outside coordinator on a rain plan.
    The day of the wedding my bridal party and I arrived first thing to start hair and makeup. Paul was there to greet us and made sure there were enough tables and chairs in the bridal suite for hair and makeup as well as for us to relax comfortably. When the lunch I ordered for the girls arrived Paul went above and beyond and even offered to set tables up in the upstairs hall to make it more easily accessible. The ceremony was held on the lawn and the rain held off until cocktail hour! Rust provided umbrellas and made sure everyone got from cocktail hour to the tent promptly due to weather. There was a power outage at the beginning of the reception due to extremely bad storms and within a minute the tent was back up and running with lights and music. The reception tent is great and after the rain the guests took full advantage of the patio. Thank you Rust manor for your flexibility and constant assurance that with or without rain I would have the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 12/04/2015

We absolutely LOVED working with Rust Manor! The venue is gorgeous, and Paul and Jackie are phenomenal to work with. Both are easy going, safe people - very accommodating and quick to respond. Rust Manor is your ticket to a guaranteed beautiful wedding :)

Sent on 06/15/2015

The Rust Manor was a lovely place to get married. They were flexible, accommodating, and very nice to work with. We had a smaller wedding at 80 guests and it was perfect. We were lucky to get married outside but there was a beautiful back up option to get married inside so it was never a worry. Really can't say enough nice things about our experience with them.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Megan · Married on 05/01/2015

We had the wedding of our dreams at Rust Manor House! From the initial stages of selecting a venue, to the day-of coordination, Jackie and Paul were super responsive and helpful. Rust Manor House is a picture-perfect venue and has everything you could ever want: an old house, beautiful gardens, lush trees and a gorgeous tenant. There is absolutely nothing we would have changed about our venue and hope to be back soon just to relive our day!!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Patrick · Married on 04/25/2015

We booked Rust Manor House very early after they first open. In the year leading up to our wedding we've been consistently improved the facility and grounds. The inside of the manor house is gorgeous and the outside grounds are immaculate.

The staff was always friendly and helpful both on email and by phone. During the time leading up to the wedding there was a change over in staff, and Rust went to great pains to ensure that transition was seamless.

Sent on 04/28/2015

Tabitha · Married on 04/24/2015

We were so lucky to find Rust Manor House! We loved this venue because of it's natural beauty and chose it because the price was right. We also loved that Rust Manor provided a tent for the reception and fun games for our guests during cocktail hour while we were taking photos. Jackie and Paul were very helpful in not only answering our many questions, but giving insight based on their past experience. They were very professional and quick to reach out as our wedding day began to approach. As the bride, I loved the grand entrance that Paul suggested of walking out of the house and down the stairs. Though our wedding was at the end of April, our wedding day was quite chilly. Jackie was very quick to get a heater in our tent to help warm some of our elderly guests. We used the suggested caterer, Great Blue Herron, and our guests raved about how delicious the food was! We are so happy that we chose Rust to have our ceremony and reception. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for the perfect spot to celebrate their wedding!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Sarah · Married on 02/21/2015

I held my wedding and rehearsal at Rust Manor House. I found this venue online while deployed in Afghanistan. Jackie and Paul were very responsive and answered all my questions via email and phone. I was so confident with their service that I booked the venue sight unseen (other than pictures online). Once I arrived home and went to visit Rust, I KNEW I made the right decision. This place is BEAUTIFUL!! As the months progressed, Jackie and Paul once again continued to confirm our decision in Rust. Then the wedding day happened. . . . in February. . . . Despite the challenges of a plumbing emergency (which my guests didn't even know about), and 7-9 inches of snow, Paul and Jackie planned ahead and were prepared. They were integral to making sure our wedding continued uninterrupted and without any issues. All of my guests commented on how beautiful the venue is (one of my Aunts said it was the prettiest wedding she had ever been to, including her own childrens'). Do not hesitate to book your wedding at this venue, whether outside or indoors; Rust Manor will take good care of you and all your event needs. I cannot sing their praises enough. I would give them 20 stars if I could!

Sent on 02/23/2015