Rust Manor House Reviews

76 | Leesburg, VA

76 Reviews for Rust Manor House

76 Rust Manor House Reviews

Amanda · Getting married on 12/01/2018

Paul & Jackie are completely amazing. From the moment we decided we wanted Rust Manor as our wedding venue, they have made the planning process so easy. Quick responses to emails, working with us to make our dream come true and allowing our personal touch to be all over the venue was by far the best part of this venue. The grounds are beautiful and well taken care of. Our ceremony was intimate and gorgeous. The tent was perfect for our event, fit 100 people very nicely. I could not have been happily with the entire process and day.

• Gloria

Gloria · Married on 10/06/2018

Storybook Venue

We had a specific type of venue in mind and the moment we saw Rust Manor, we knew it was exactly what we were looking for. From all the great spaces to get ready in- the Bridal Suite, Grooms Cottage and family seating area- to the multiple places for guests to congregate and talk, to the fantastic secret garden that was something out of a storybook, to the meticulously manicured lawns.. I could go on and on. The venue is effortlessly romantic and classic. We would also like to thank Jackie and Paul for making the whole process smooth from beginning to end- they are an incredible team, were a joy to work with and made sure that our whole experience was flawless. THANK YOU!

Margaret · Married on 09/22/2018

Book it! Book it, now! Don't wait; don't hesitate.

This is a special place with wonderful people that make your event exactly what you want. We hosted my daughter's wedding on Saturday, September 22, 2018, and the atmosphere was everything my daughter wanted: Elegance within a natural setting, combined with a professional, friendly, and gracious staff. Communication was top notch, ideas/advice were readily provided, and I could tell they were genuinely happy to have us.

Great Blue Heron catering was also awesome! All of our guests were accommodated (allergens, vegetarian), and the food was scrumptious. In fact, I lost count as to how many people commented on how delicious the food was. GBH staff were equally attentive and professional.

It was a joy to work with Jackie and Paul at Rust Manor House... A lovely venue for your lovely event!

Megan · Married on 09/08/2018

Best deal in DC!

If you want a beautiful venue and attentive and wonderful staff, I highly recommend Rust Manor! We knew from our first visit with Paul that this was the place we would have our wedding! The grounds are well kept and so beautiful, though what sold us was the knowledge, passion, and attentiveness of the staff. No question was too small, and we could always get an answer within hours. For everything you get and 5-star service, Rust Manor is the most affordable (and best deal!) in the DC metro area (trust me I crunched the numbers with 20 different venues….) PLUS they work with their own catering company Great Blue Heron Catering (which in itself has delicious food and great staff!). Wedding planning is not easy, though Paul and Jackie were so helpful!

Sent on 11/01/2018
    Rust Manor House 7
    Rust Manor House 8
    Rust Manor House 9
    Rust Manor House 10
    Rust Manor House 11

Rust Manor House's reply:

Megan, Thank you so much! Your wedding was absolutely stunning, rain sprinkles and all! We wish you all the best and hope you will come back to visit us!

Melanie · Married on 09/01/2018

On our first visit to Rust Manor House, we knew we had found the venue for us. From the charming historic house, to the sprawling garden and large reception area, Rust Manor was the perfect place to facilitate our vision for an inside/outside wedding. Our guests socialized inside the house during the cocktail hour, and traveled outside to play lawn games (provided by Rust Manor as well)! When it was time for the reception, you walk across the beautiful grounds down into the reception tent. All the pathways outside are paved including a ramp down into the reception tent, which not only helped when walking down the aisle, but also made it easier for guests to move around -- our grandparents were especially appreciative. While the beauty and accessibility of the grounds speaks for itself, the hidden gems of Rust Manor are its staff. Paul and Jacquie, our POC’s throughout the process, as well as the rest of Rust Manor’s staff, were amazing. They were thoughtful in our conversations and meetings, creative in providing ideas and solutions during our indecisive moments, and incredibly responsive whenever we called or emailed with questions. We couldn’t recommend Rust Manor House more highly, and thank them for all of their support!

Sent on 09/16/2018
    Rust Manor House 12
    Rust Manor House 13
    Rust Manor House 14
    Rust Manor House 15

Rust Manor House's reply:

Melanie, thank you so much! Your wedding was so much fun and it was such a joy to work with you! We send you all the best!
  • F

Francesca · Married on 07/01/2018

We absolutely loved having our wedding here! The place is beautiful, and the staff is extremely accommodating. It was great working with Jackie and Paul. They recently installed air conditioning in the tent, which was a big help for our July wedding. You really cannot go wrong with this wedding venue. It's amazing!

• C&C

C&C · Married on 05/25/2018

Rust Manor was absolutely the most perfect place to have our wedding! I can't say enough about the beauty of the house and the grounds, as well as the kindness and professionalism of the staff. Jackie, Paul, and other members of the Rust team were great at communicating throughout the entire process and were so helpful with suggestions and advice while planning. We loved the different options for ceremony locations and chose to get married in the garden area in front of the property's gorgeous tree. Cocktail hour was so much fun with lawn games and people mingling in and out of the house. The tent was perfect for our reception with a fire pit on the patio for s'mores. All of our guests raved about Rust Manor and how beautiful it was for our wedding day. Thank you for a perfect and memorable day!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Rust Manor House's reply:

Thank you so much! Your wedding was beautiful, and your ceremony was perfect! We are so happy you all enjoyed your experience.

Cameron · Married on 05/18/2018

A hidden gem in Leesburg. Many of our guests who live in the area, were not aware of this beautiful house situated in a beautiful setting.

Rust Manor House 16

amanda · Married on 05/18/2018

Amazing venue and a hidden gem in Leesburg. Our guests, who live in Leesburg, were not aware of the beautiful location set in a gorgeous nature preserve. An absolute must for any wedding. Jackie and Paul, are without a doubt a dynamic duo. They were always there to help and offer suggestions. With a last minute ceremony site change (thank you mother nature) they were able to calm my nerves and help create an intimate ceremony setting inside with 96 of our closets friends. They both were quick to respond with any questions we had and they remained patient even after I asked the same question for the 100th time. I put my trust in them and so glad I did. They helped create a one of a kind wedding which provided years of memories for us.
    Thank you!

Rust Manor House 17

Kruti · Married on 05/04/2018

My husband and I hosted an Indian Fusion wedding at Rust Manor House on May 4th. Our wedding was 10 hours of an amazing party that was made possible by all the work that was put in by Jackie and Paul, among many others at Rust. I don't have enough words to express my sincerest gratitude and thanks to Jackie and Paul for the countless hours they have dedicated towards my wedding planning and the day of the event.

Rust offered us the most perfect place to host our Indian American fusion wedding. We didn't have to leave anything out! We had it all: perfect bridal and groom's suites, the grooms Indian style procession (Baarat), outdoor Indian and American ceremonies, lunch served inside the manor home, and the most gorgeous tented reception.

It would not be enough to say that Paul and Jackie went above and beyond. My husband and I are deeply humbled by their help, calm and can-do attitude, and understanding throughout the planning process, and even more so for the day of the wedding. We had 140 guests (including kids) from all parts of the world. Our guests couldn't stop talking about this amazing venue, staff, and how wonderfully this wedding came together!

We fell in love with Rust Manor House the day we saw it! It will always hold a special place in our hearts. Thank you Paul, Jackie, and Everyone at Rust who made our wedding so beautiful and perfect!

Sent on 05/20/2018
    Rust Manor House 18

Rust Manor House's reply:

Kruti, Thank you so much! Your Indian Fusion wedding at Rust was so much fun to be a part of. We wish you all of the happiness and joy in your marriage!

Elaine · Married on 04/29/2018

Rust Manor House was the first venue my husband and I toured, and we were sold immediately. Rust Manor was perfect for our small, spring, garden wedding. We appreciate how attentive and professional Jackie and Paul were throughout the entire process, from planning to execution. We also loved the variety of locations to have our wedding ceremony and the beauty and serenity of the entire Rust Manor property. We highly recommend Rust Manor House for any special event. You won't be disappointed!

Carlene · Married on 04/20/2018

Our wedding at Rust Manor House was amazing! From the very first time we met Paul when he showed us the venue, we knew this was the place where we wanted to have our wedding. The grounds and home are beautiful and well taken care of by the Rust staff. We especially loved the large evergreen trees behind the house, which kept greenery in our pictures, given our mid-April wedding. While it's common to hear people talk about how much work is involved in wedding planning, the staff at Rust made things so much easier. Jackie was always very responsive to emails and did so much to help our day go smoothly. We used the associated catering company, Great Blue Heron, and the food was delicious. Our guests kept coming up to us during the reception to tell us that they couldn't get over the quantity and quality of the food. Overall, we would recommend Rust Manor House to all of our family and friends if they were looking for a venue. We are so glad we decided to make Rust the setting for our special day!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Rust Manor House's reply:

Thank you so much Carlene! Your wedding was beautiful and we hope you come back to visit us in the years to come!

Asha · Married on 11/19/2017

We are so glad that we chose to get married at Rust!! Not only is the venue absolutely gorgeous, but Jackie, Paul, and Amy were such a pleasure. Jackie took excellent care of us on our wedding day and in the entire year of planning leading up to it. She was so responsive and knowledgeable. She answered all of our questions and made suggestions that really helped make our dreams come true. Everyone was so patient and calm which was really helpful as the wedding drew closer and on the day when I was super stressed and nervous. They were very supportive and really stepped in to help when we needed them during the wedding. We had planned to have our ceremony on the beautiful lawn but the November weather did not cooperate (turned out to be the coldest and windiest day of the week). Amy jumped to the rescue and helped us make the last minute switch to an indoor ceremony. It was beautiful and all our guests had a fantastic time. One final but important note, Rust photographs like a dream! There are so many beautiful places on the property to take pictures. All of our pictures came out so lovely and we will cherish the memories forever! I would absolutely recommend Rust Manor House!

Alex · Married on 11/12/2017

Rust Manor was the perfect venue! It was the first venue we toured where we both could imagine ourselves getting married there! Jackie and Paul were both super helpful in helping us get ready for the big day! They asked us questions we would never have thought of and made sure everything ran smoothly the day of. The amenities offered in the package are extensive and ones such as the firepit for marshmellow roasting and lawn games were a huge hit at our wedding. The venue itself is gorgeous. There isn't a spot at the venue which isn't beautiful! All of our pictures had the perfect backdrop. We got married early November on a rather chilly day but our wedding was small enough that we could have the ceremony inside- we really appreciated having the option to do that. We could not have been happier.

• Anneka

Anneka · Married on 11/05/2017

From the moment I saw pictures of Rust Manor online, I knew that was the venue where I wanted us to say "I do!" From first contact, to the day after the wedding, Paul and Jackie have been absolutely amazing. They are quick to respond to messages (of which I sent many!!), and always there to put me at ease whenever I was having moments of panic! On the day of, they were all so helpful, there was no need for me to worry about a thing. I can't recommend Rust Manor enough! The venue itself is stunning, and the amenities are wonderful. While the house really sells itself, it's the amazing staff that make the total package. We are beyond thrilled to have had our special day at Rust Manor, and forever grateful for all of the assistance, guidance, and calming words from Paul & Jackie throughout the whole process. Thank you both, and the rest of your wonderful staff!!!

• Athena

Athena · Married on 10/31/2017

The venue was absolutely gorgeous and Jackie is the absolute BEST! She claims that I was organized throughout the whole process, which made her job easier, but the day before and the day of I was an absolute mess and she brought everything together beautifully for us on our wedding day. I can never thank you enough for everything you did for us! Thank you Jackie and Paul for everything!!!!

Demetria · Married on 10/27/2017

I cannot explain how happy we were with Rust. The house and grounds are, of course, beautiful, and it is apparent that they are kept up with very well. Jackie was by far one of the best inclusions in our experience at Rust. She was incredibly patient, kind, responsive, and went above and beyond to ensure my wife and I were up-to-date prior to the wedding, and accommodated during. On that note, we had so much peace of mind knowing we, as a same-sex couple, were accepted by all staff at Rust. I cannot speak to that enough.

Liz and the Great Blue Heron catering experience were all absolutely exceptional. She was so responsive and ahead of the game, and we felt like we were really on top of everything. It was really great that catering was in-house (and that Liz was a liaison in handling linens), as this eliminated a bunch of extraneous vendors to keep up with. The food was absolutely spectacular, and we never ran out at our buffet! We got a ton of compliments from every single one of our guests about how delicious the food was - my grandmother even said it was the best steak she had ever had. That is VERY high praise coming from her.

Our only disappointment is that coffee and tea were not served, which is something we specifically asked for. And, like most weddings, full plates of food and full glasses of alcohol were taken by cleaning staff. Something that usually happens, but really shouldn't, considering everyone was enjoying the food and drink so much.

All of that aside, we could not possibly be happier having had our wedding at Rust. We cannot thank all of you enough for being so wonderful and helping to make our special day beautiful. I urge anyone looking for a gorgeous outdoor venue (with ceremony and reception BOTH on-site - how convenient is that?!) and nifty enclosed reception tent, to rent Rust as your venue. Our day was perfect.

Rust Manor House 19
    Rust Manor House 26
    Rust Manor House 27
    Rust Manor House 28

Katie · Married on 10/21/2017

I cannot say enough about the staff at Rust Manor House...Jackie, Paul, and Amy were all amazing leading up to the wedding and on our special day. I barely had to lift a finger all day. They definitely go above and beyond to help out. The house and the tent were beautiful, as well! Definitely select this venue for your wedding day...you won't regret it! The bridal suite upstairs was plenty of room for my 7 bridesmaids, mother, mother in law, and I, along with 2 hairstylists and a make artist (and a dog!). They were even nice enough to clean up a bit after us when we had to rush to the shuttle at the end of the night. I will forever be so happy that we chose to get married at Rust Manor.

Jim & Lorie · Married on 10/21/2017

Our Daughter was married this past weekend at Rust Manor. During the entire planning and execution of the wedding Paul, Jackie, and Amy were wonderful to deal with. They are very knowledgeable and were very accommodating during the entire process. Wonderful folks to work with! The venue is beautiful from the house to the reception tent. There are several places where the ceremony can take place and all are memorable. The beautiful weather was certainly a bonus, but the Rust Manor venue and the people are first class and my wife Lorie and I recommend this venue without reservation.

Serina · Married on 10/15/2017

The staff at Rust Manor House is amazing and unbelievably organized. It was very apparent from the first conversation that my husband and I would be in good hands. Jackie helped us to create a timeline that made sense for all of our vendors, as well as our family. Which my husband and I still can't thank her enough for, because we had no idea what to do. Additionally, the staff put out all of our DIY decorations for us the day of the wedding. We are so thankful that all of our small details were perfectly executed. If you are looking for a picturesque venue with reliable and friendly staff, I truly hope that you would consider Rust Manor House.

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! Rust Manor House is truly a dream venue. I lived in Leesburg for 20 years and not once ever knew this magnificent property existed until I was shopping for a venue location and thank God I found it! Not only was this place beautiful but Paul and Jackie were so amazing, helpful, and professional every step of the way! We had our wedding on a beautiful day in October and the tent was perfect with plenty of roon! You won't be disappointed with Rust at all. THANK YOU to everyone at Rust for making our wedding day truly the best day ever. We couldn't of done it without you!

Rust Manor House 29
    Rust Manor House 30
    Rust Manor House 31

Anya · Married on 10/13/2017

We had our ceremony & reception at Rust, and we absolutely *loved* it. Cannot recommend Rust's team as well as the beautifully kept spaces more highly. The venue is naturally so beautiful and actually quite affordable compared with NOVA wineries and other old mansion-esque houses. I'm also going to link catering in here, as Rust is partnered with Great Blue Heron Catering, and they were also fantastic (their cost not reflected in the $3300).

Rust Manor House 32
    Rust Manor House 33
    Rust Manor House 34
    Rust Manor House 35
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/29/2017

I can't say enough good things about the staff and the venue they manage. My wedding was perfect with a large thanks to them. The response time from Jackie and Paul is unbelievable and they have a very can do approach. We asked for a set-up they hadn't done before and it was perfect for our outdoor wedding, outdoor cocktail hour, and then indoor house reception. The site itself is beautiful and getting ready in their bridal suite was very fun. We even used many of their recommendations for other vendors and they too were perfect. Having my wedding here helped make planning fun and easy. I wouldn't change a thing! Thank you!

Taylor · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I got married on August 12th, 2017, and we had such an amazing experience using Rust Manor House as our ceremony and reception locations. The venue is absolutely beautiful, and the pricing is phenomenal for what is included. Paul was exceptionally accommodating and friendly while showing us around the property. After our initial visit, we worked with Jackie for the rest of our planning, which we mostly did by email as my husband and I live about two hours away from Leesburg. Jackie was just wonderful to work with, as she is very calm, cool, and collected and I felt incredibly comfortable with her knowledge and experience. Jackie was always very responsive to emails and was incredibly helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process. She made me feel very at ease every step of the way.
    I just can’t say enough about how beautiful this venue is. I was so worried about the weather for our wedding day, as there was a chance of storms for our outdoor ceremony. Luckily there was a back-up plan available to have the ceremony inside the house. We were fortunate that it did not rain at all during the ceremony or reception, but I had peace of mind knowing that there was a plan for if it did storm. Another thing I love about this venue is how many things are included in the venue price. We didn’t have to worry about renting a reception tent, tables, chairs, etc., as they provide those at the venue already. We were able to use the beautiful bridal suite and the groom’s cottage for getting ready.
    My husband and I would absolutely recommend Rust Manor House to anyone looking for a wedding venue in the Northern Virginia area. It is a gorgeous location with many things included at a great price. If we had to do everything over again, we would definitely choose Rust Manor House again without a second thought. Our wedding day was everything we wanted it to be thanks to Rust Manor House!