Rust Manor House Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Nicole Married on 11/19/2021

A dream come true!

We couldn't be happier with our decision to have our wedding reception at Rust Manor House! We received so many compliments on how beautiful it was and it was a dream to see our vision come to life! The staff was very professional and helpful in answering all of my questions leading up to the day, and even helping to set up on the day-of. We would highly recommend Rust Manor House!
    Deshawn S. Married on 10/08/2021

Best Venue and experience

Wow, wow, wow! That’s what each family member stated as we greeted our guests at the reception. We were blown away from the moment we stepped foot on the property exactly a year ago. You know things are right when you leave somewhere or someone knowing “that’s the one”. Thank you to the rust manor team for your professionalism and effort to put forward the wedding our dreams. You all were responsive to our wedding coordinator and to us, and we couldn’t have ask for anything more than what was provided.
  • Lauren
    Lauren K. Married on 10/07/2021

Romantic Garden Wedding Venue

We are so happy we chose to have our wedding at Rust Manor. The ladies there are so pleasant and helpful to work with and are very quick to answer all questions. We could not have asked for a better venue - and Great Blue Heron Catering was so great - everyone raved about the food and lovely venue. I especially loved the time and space offered before the wedding to get ready with my girls, we enjoyed cocktail hour both inside and outside of the house and the tented reception was everything we had wanted and hoped for. The gardens offer the most romantic setting and our photos turned out incredible!!
    Sophie E. Married on 10/01/2021

Couldn't Recommend Enough!

My *new* husband and I couldn't be happier with our experience with Rust Manor! We had to postpone from 2020 to 2021 and they made that process very easy. Then when it came to planning and prepping for our new wedding date, the staff at Rust Manor were extremely knowledgeable and quick with responses to ANY questions that I had (which was huge for me). They provide a catering service who did a wonderful job with our apps, dinner, and drinks, and were also extremely accommodating! I had 2 guests RSVP yes the week before the wedding and they were able to add them in the drink and dinner count. In addition to that, the venue is breathtaking. Guests could not believe how beautiful the gardens, house and tent were. I could go on and on but believe me when I say that you don't want to pass up on this gem right by downtown Leesburg! We rented out the VRBO on Bear Chase Brewery's property and had the best weekend of our entire lives!!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer R. Married on 09/10/2021

Perfect venue for your perfect day

The moment we saw pictures of Rust Manor we knew this was the spot. We were nervous that it would already have been booked due to covid reschedules, but luckily it wasn’t. Everyone on the staff was phenomenal during the entire process. Very communicative and timely in their responses. We didn’t think the service could get any better, then on the day of the wedding it was even better. They went above and beyond for us. Couldn't be more pleased with everyone at Rust Manor.
    10/10 would recommend!!
    Mary B. Married on 08/29/2021

Perfect venue but beware onsite catering

My husband and I got married late August, 2021 at Rust Manor and it was the perfect venue for us. In the lead up, the team, especially Holly, were easy to get in touch with and helpful and flexible with all of our questions. They were really on top of scheduling our walk through and generally making sure we were ready for wedding day. The venue is beautiful and we made full use of it. It was important to us to have a nice suite for both us. We also got married in the garden, which was like a dream. We then had the cocktail hour at the manor, and the reception in the tent. We used the full venue and Rust made it look easy.

That being said, the only downside is the required onsite caterer, Great Blue Heron. We did a pass through service for our food but the fee to serve the food by GBH was almost the same cost as our actual caterer, even without providing any food. Getting in touch with GBH was extremely difficult and they were difficult to work with. They didn't check in on final numbers until 2 weeks before the wedding. They also were not upfront about the costs of their service. The Rust Manor staff did everything they could to answer our questions about catering and worked with us on everything, even on the things that felt like GBH's job (like talking to our second caterer).

However, the service the day of was really good. The wait staff took great care of us and made sure the guests were having a great time as well.
    Susan K. Married on 06/12/2021

My wedding dream come true!

Once I saw Rust Manor in person I knew that it was where I had to get married. It is the most gorgeous Virginia manor home and the staff is absolutely incredible. My wedding was a dream come true. All of the staff was attentive and made my wedding day go as smoothly as possible. The tent is a huge added bonus- most tent rentals can start at $8k and up, so having that be a part of the wedding package was awesome. It is super affordable and a one stop shop to make wedding planning easy. You have one option for catering, Great Blue Heron, and the food is incredible! All of the guests kept ranting and raving over the food. The bartenders were phenomenal and everything went perfectly. I still am on cloud 9. thank you to Rust for making my wedding dreams come true and if you are hesitant about booking Rust, don't be! They are incredible.
  • Jean
    Jean Married on 05/28/2021

Can't say enough good things!!

The venue is BEAUTIFUL! The staff/coordinators at the venue as kind, responsive, organized, and just amazing! We just had our maid of honor/best man be day-of coordinators and the staff/coordinators made it so easy for us!!! They were amazing and just had every contingency thought out. Even during the pandemic, I heard nightmare stories about my friends' venues taking their money even when they couldn't have their original number, and Rust Manor offered to refund everything when the capacity restriction was not lifted yet.

Shout out to Laura, Holly, and Erika!! Thank you girls!!!
  • Y
    Yvette M. Married on 05/15/2021

Absolutely recommend

The Rust Manor team were easy to get in touch with and was a huge help in making sure everything was running smoothly during my big day! The grounds and the house are gorgeous and definitely the perfect setting for an indoor/outdoor wedding.
  • Will
    Will P. Married on 12/05/2020

A venue to be tRUSTed

Rust is AWESOME. Especially because of Jackie and Paul, their wonderful coordinators/managers. The venue is beautiful with tons of options for indoor and outdoor locations. They have a ton of optional amenities that are all included in their extremely reasonable pricing. We loved the tent for the reception and gardens for our ceremony. They were a pleasure to work with every step of the way - especially for the two of us who were generally clueless about how to go about a wedding. Everything went off without a hitch and we can definitely thank Rust for that!

Rust Manor House's reply:

Will, Thank you so much for your kind words! The day was wonderful and we are happy to know you had a great experience. We wish you all the best in your marriage!
  • Joshua
    Joshua B. Married on 10/14/2020

Affordable, reliable, pretty outdoor\indoor venue

Rust Manor was one of the last venues my wife and I toured when shopping for our wedding venue. We were pleasantly surprised by our experience with the venue and ultimately chose it for both our ceremony and reception.

Rust Manor sits on a large nature preserve. My wife wanted an outdoor, nature-in-autumn themed wedding, and the scenery of Rust Manor's property fit the bill perfectly. Furthermore, because Rust Manor is part of the NoVa Parks system, it is very reasonably priced to Virginia residents, compared with other, similar venues. Another thing that impressed us about the venue is that it is already rather pretty and requires a minimal amount of additional decoration for a wedding reception. Finally, the thing that put us over the edge of choosing Rust Manor was that the staff seemed to know what they were doing and were very responsive. You definitely get the impression that Rust Manor has done this many times before and that you are dealing with a well-oiled machine.

Ultimately, our wedding went extremely well. Rust Manor staff were happy to work with us to have everything set up how we wanted, accommodated us throughout schedule changes, etc, and had everything prepared exactly as we expected. We would highly recommend Rust Manor.
  • Stacey
    Stacey D. Married on 05/23/2020

Incredible experience at Rust Manor!

Rust Manor House is a truly incredible venue and I couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else! We originally booked in 2019 and had to postpone our wedding twice, but the staff at Rust were incredibly helpful, supportive and accommodating the entire time. I never had any issue with rescheduling and they were always communicating and updating us with current protocols. The venue coordinators (shoutout to Holly) were awesome and ensured that everything was perfect! Great Blue Heron was wonderful to work with as well and happily accepted all of our special requests for food and drinks. Our experience was better than we could have imagined!
  • Akila
    Akila Married on 11/23/2019

small ceremony

I contacted Rust manor staff during the last week of October 2019 via email for a small ceremony on 11/23/19. It was very last minute but they worked with me very quickly and set up almost everything through email. They were able to accommodate me and my 35 guests on a really short notice. They typically do outdoor weddings but our wedding day was a cold 40 degree day so they hosted our ceremony indoors. We rented the space for 2 hours and it was beautiful. Their prices are beyond reasonable for this area. They keep the place very tidy. The coordinators from Rust Manor checked in with me when we arrived on the big day and even help me set up my guest book. They provided waters for our guests during the ceremony. We loved having our intimate ceremony here.
  • Holly
    Holly S. Married on 11/09/2019

Five stars all around

Rust staff answered all my (many) questions promptly and professionally! They take such great care of you and ensure your wedding day is special and memorable. The spaces in the house to get ready are perfect for close family and the wedding party. There are also tons of great photo ops both inside and outside the house. The property is gorgeous and allowed for a very cozy, romantic day. Can’t say enough great things about this property and staff!
  • Mackenzie
    Mackenzie Married on 09/28/2019

Beyond what we EVER imagined!

This venue is incredible. Originally when we were touring venues, we had a different date in mind. Rust Manor house was our 4th venue tour and didn’t have the date we wanted available, but halfway through the tour, we looked at each other and said “we have to change our date! We have to get married here!” After seeing the house and the grounds and meeting the incredible staff, it was a no brainer. They have a full-page list of amenities and decorations they own/have accumulated from previous weddings, and we ended up using a lot of it. Every person I met at Rust Manor was so professional, caring, and knew exactly what needed to happen. We were an out of town couple, but the staff didn’t make us feel like we were... During the planning process, they were available for any questions that came up, and they asked us questions we hadn’t even thought about and made all the details fall into place. Also, they are pet friendly, we had 2 dogs in our wedding with no blips! Every recommendation they gave us turned out to be amazing, especially the catering. We were very impressed with the plated options through their caterer, and our guests and other vendors only had compliments. I could not recommend the property or staff enough! We had our dream wedding pulled off seamlessly, thanks to Rust Manor!

Rust Manor House's reply:

Thank you so much Mackenzie! We loved having your pups as part of your day, everything was beautiful!
    Jamie C. Married on 09/22/2019

Beautiful Venue with a Great Team

We chose Rust Manor for the beautiful architecture of the house and the gorgeous grounds. The whole place feels very "Virginia-esque." It also feels secluded and special without being too far from town.
    Not only was the site perfect, but the venue coordinators were such a pleasure to work with. They were professional, easy-going, and always responsive to our many questions. Their guidance and support through the whole process was amazing and made the planning much easier and much less stressful. We were so pleased with the way everything turned out and we couldn't have done it without them.

Rust Manor House's reply:

Jamie, thank you so much for your kind words. Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous and we are so glad we were able to help make your day so special. We hope you will come back and visit!
  • Moira
    Moira Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing Wedding at Rust Manor House

We could not have asked for a more perfect day. Jackie was incredible - always super responsive, professional, friendly, and genuinely excited to share in our excitement. The team did a great job during the minor rain storm and everything was ready to go only a few minutes after the rain stopped. I HIGHLY recommend booking Rust Manor for your wedding. It was an incredible venue and an even more incredible day.

Rust Manor House's reply:

Thank you so much! Rain on your wedding day is good luck, and we are so glad everything went off without a hitch for your big day!
    Jade L. Married on 07/27/2019

Perfect venue for our wedding

Rust Manor was the only venue my husband and I visited and knew right away when we visited that it would be a perfect place for our ~100 guests wedding. Jackie, the venue coordinator was so responsive and great to work with with all the little details leading up to and on the day of our wedding. We were lucky to find someone like her to work with and give us all her recommendations and tips. As stressful as planning a wedding can be, you want a place that is not only beautiful but that the staff are great and flexible to work with. We also supported the fact that Rust Manor was donated to the Audubon Society and supports natural preservation. We felt that our money to rent the space was supporting a great cause. The one downside is that there are only a few restrooms in the manor and portable johns next to the outdoor tent which is where our reception was held so if guests didn’t want to use the outdoor toilets would have to walk up to the manor to use the stalls. All in all, we and our guests had a wonderful time and unforgettable wedding.
  • Ariel
    Ariel R. Married on 07/26/2019

This venue is incredible

The grounds and the house are absolutely incredible, and the reception tent was decorated beautifully. But the best part of this venue is the people: we worked with Jackie and she made our lives so much easier. The venue handled set up & clean up, and also assisted with some day of details. They require an in-house caterer (which we initially weren't thrilled about) but it ended up being a GREAT combination. The venue and the caterer worked together seamlessly and made our day even better than we imagined. We would absolutely use this venue again!

Rust Manor House's reply:

Ariel, Thank you so much! Your day was absolutely stunning and we are so glad you all chose Rust Manor for your special day. We wish you all the best!
    Kathleen Married on 07/05/2019

Absolute best venue!

Rust Manor House was the first vendor that we booked, and we could not have made a better decision. We obviously loved the beautiful manor house and gardens, but the addition of the air conditioned tent was a must for a July wedding. Plus the fire pit, water for guests, and easy parking. However, what really sold us on the venue was the people! Jackie and Paul were incredible! They were what originally sold us on booking the venue. They are incredibly flexible and went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect (they even crawled out on the roof for us!). No matter how crazy a request was, they were ready to help! Rust responded to all of our questions immediately. We could not have asked for a better venue. Thank you for making our wedding day perfect!
    Mary A. Married on 06/29/2019

Rust Manor is breathtaking!

We had the most picture perfect wedding st Rust Manor. Jacquelyn, Paul and Amy were so easy to work with and quickly answered all my questions. I had all of my items for the wedding labeled and organized with directions on where to put them. They listened to every direction and payed everything out beautifully. They didn’t ask me any questions the entire day when I was busy and just took charge! Our wedding ran like a well oiled machine with no hiccups due to the staff at Rust Manor. The grounds were manicured beautifully and our guests kept commenting on how gorgeous the venue was. We went through the vendor and got Blue Heron as our caterer. The guest kept commenting how delicious the food was especially the beef! There was more than plenty left over for the banquet. We would love to relive our day again it was so fantastic! Thank you so much for our perfect day! We will treasure it forever!
  • Brittany
    Brittany Z. Married on 06/28/2019

Seasoned Veterans in the Wedding Game

It was a BLESSING to work with the folks at Rust Manor House! They are seasoned professionals and not only know how to run a wedding flawlessly, but also how to enhance and improve your wedding day! For example, I had lots of extra greenery and flowers left over, and Jackie asked me if she could use it in other places in the venue. They had made beautiful arrangements around the head table and fire place mantels! Something so small that I never planned on doing, that they didn't have to do (I'm sure they had a million other things going on at the time) really added something so special to the overall look and feel of the day! That is just one example of many. They are extremely responsive to all questions, they have ideas and recommendations for everything, and our whole process from start to finish was smooth sailing. I cannot imagine that there are many other venues in this area (or any) that would take care of their bride and groom like these guys did, ESPECIALLY at this price point! Love, love, LOVE these guys!

Rust Manor House's reply:

Thank you so much! We loved working with you all and are so happy you had a wonderful experience at Rust Manor!
    Amanda Married on 06/22/2019
    Paul & Jackie are completely amazing. From the moment we decided we wanted Rust Manor as our wedding venue, they have made the planning process so easy. Quick responses to emails, working with us to make our dream come true and allowing our personal touch to be all over the venue was by far the best part of this venue. The grounds are beautiful and well taken care of. Our ceremony was intimate and gorgeous. The tent was perfect for our event, fit 100 people very nicely. I could not have been happily with the entire process and day.
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 06/08/2019

Beautiful venue, Amazing staff

Rust Manor was a wonderful place to get married! We loved the location. The house and the grounds around it are absolutely beautiful, and the price is reasonable for the DC area. There are many such locations in Leesburg, but we ultimately chose Rust Manor because the staff is so experienced, organized, and friendly. We worked mostly with Jackie. She met with us several times, answered our e-mails right away, and thought of a million small details that we would have otherwise forgotten.

I was a little nervous about having the reception in the tent, but it was perfect! The tent was air conditioned, so our guests were all very comfortable. There was plenty of space on the dance floor, and the kids (and adults) enjoyed making s'mores in the fire pits outside.

It was a great experience, and I would recommend Rust Manor in a heartbeat!