Rosemary’s Catering Reviews

15 Reviews for Rosemary’s Catering

1 User photo

Mandy Donaldson · Married on 01/10/2020

Best Wedding Food!

We had several guests tell us that Rosemary's provided the BEST wedding food they have ever had! Even though my husband and I were unable to eat the day of the wedding (nerves, too busy, etc.) we were packed a to-go goodie bag by the cater and ate it the next day and, let me tell you, it was still some of the best food I have ever had. Not just "wedding food", but any food in general!! They blew us away from the trial to the day of the wedding and after. 5 stars!!!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Henry

Henry Liu · Married on 11/02/2019

Emily Malaya was an incredible factor to the success of our wedding

As a UT alumni, we decided to have our wedding ceremony venue at the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center for 100 guests. Our sales manager was Taylor Kelly, and she was magnificent! She was incredibly responsive through email and answered all of my questions. Our meetings were lax, and I never felt that she was trying to sell me anything that I didn't want or need. From working with our budget to tasting the menu, she was very flexible and accomodating.

Unfortunately she had to move states in the middle of our interaction, but the handoff and transition to our second sales manager, Emily Malaya, was seamless and no information was dropped. Emily was just as wonderful, efficient both through email as well as in person. We completed working out all the details without issues and working with both Taylor and Emily was the most pleasant and least stressful experience of our wedding planning. When the first sales manager is excellent at her job, you wonder if she was just one-of-a-kind rock star. But when the second sales manager is equally as talented, you realize you're working with a great event planning company that knows how to hire and train.

The day of the wedding has arrived and just when we thought Emily was incredibly valuable, she stepped it up a notch. From coordinating the procession to rounding up the wedding party to personally pinnning on my boutonniere, she made sure every part of the ceremony was as flawless as possible, and any issues that popped up she handled it easily and calmly. You can clearly tell she's had a lot of experience under her belt. Honestly, who know how many fires Emily had put out that I don't even know about. I have no idea how the ceremony would have gone without her help. You can tell she's not just good at her job, but she really enjoys taking care of her clients on what could be the biggest day of their life.

Sent on 11/05/2019

Elise LaPaglia · Married on 10/05/2019

Best. Wedding. Food. Ever.

Rosemary's was recommended to us by a friend who had them cater her wedding and I am SO glad we chose to go with them. The food was beautiful and delicious!! They listened to what we like, the food allergies of some of our guests, and created a custom menu just for us. They even tweaked some of the dishes based on our feedback at the tasting. We probably changed the menu and table layouts a dozen times and Rachel was always cheery and happy to help us get it just right.

All the staff was so professional and looked like they were having a good time. People went back to the buffet for seconds because everything was so yummy. I'm really glad someone remembered to make my husband and I to-go boxes because it was all just as good the next day! I highly recommend Rosemary's!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Gary Warren · Married on 06/29/2019

Tastes, Quality, and Service - out of this world

We had the opportunity to work with Rosemary’s Catering on our daughter’s Wedding Reception in the Bullock Museum of Texas History. They were wonderful from the professional event coordinator to the exquisite food to the superior service staff.

Rosemary’s Sales Team Manager and Event Planner was business oriented, informative, and helpful in developing a full service plated catering plan that integrated perfectly into our reception design concepts and timeline. They were always responsive (thorough and timely) to our questions / inquiries. They were collaborative and flexible to our needs and requests.

The food was amazing. The appetizers and the four entrees were remarkable (acclaiming praise from the guests), but the salad left everyone speechless.

From our tasting, we knew what to expect with the chef’s delicious dishes; however, we never expected the extraordinary service that was provided by the wait staff. Every guest felt special as they were greeted with trays of hors d’oeuvres upon entering the Rotunda for the cocktail hour. The service staff was always very attentive to every guest’s needs, while never being in the way. They bused table invisibly, maintained drinks, and presented food elegantly.

At events such as this, catering comes with high demands and even higher expectations. Rosemary’s exceeded the lofty standards set by all the participants.

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Mindy

Mindy · Married on 04/26/2019

Perfect Experience!

Rosemary's Catering was so great to work with for our wedding - absolutely the perfect experience! They responded to every email and request in a timely manner, they tweaked menu items to accommodate our tastes and guests, and the food was absolutely amazing! I was told NUMEROUS times that it was the best food guests had ever had at a wedding. Our wedding reception was absolutely perfect, and I can't thank Rosemary's enough!

Sent on 05/01/2019

Samantha Rauch · Married on 03/02/2019

Amazing!

I don't have one negative thing to say about Rosemary's. From the moment we did our tasting to the end of the wedding night (and even past that – they have sent us emails checking in on us after the fact) everything about the process was beyond what I could have ever wanted. We are SO thankful for Rosemary's. They made the process so easy. And not to mention the guests of our wedding are still calling us to rave about how amazing the food was.
    If I can give any bride out there one piece of advice, it would be to use Rosemary's! They are so on top of it, organized, and used the BEST ingredients. They are also so helpful when it comes to the display of the food. I was very set on wanting the food to be an EXPERIENCE for my guests, not just a boring part of the night and they were able to make our dinner stations come to life. At one of our stations, we served Chinese food and it was served out of Chinese Take Out boxes. They had endless ideas of how to make it just the way we wanted it.
    Rosemary's took the experience for our guests to a whole other level. We are beyond grateful for finding them!!!

Sent on 03/29/2019

Jillian · Married on 01/12/2019

Incredible Food & Amazing Customer Service

Rosemary's catered for our wedding a week ago and we were thrilled about every aspect of working with them! Before hiring Rosemary's, we reached out to 20 different caterers. We interviewed several of them and ultimately picked Rosemary's. We worked with Taylor Kelly throughout the process and she was incredible! She was quick to respond to every question we had and was super nice and accommodating. We never had to worry about a single thing. Onsite, the staff was so professional. Our guests received their food and drinks quickly and everything tasted amazing. We received so many compliments on the food and even the drip coffee.
    We selected two passed hors d'oeuvres, had a cheese platter, and the Italiano Buffet for 140 guests. Rosemary's supplied the china, flatware, glassware, and linens, which were all beautiful. We also hired Rosemary's bartenders; they did an incredible job with our signature drinks and serving our guests.
    We are so happy we decided on Rosemary's and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/20/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Chinisci · Married on 10/21/2018

Delicious & the best customer service!

Working with Taylor & Rosemary's Catering was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! If you're looking for the short answer: the food & service were incredible. The long answer: from the very get-go, Taylor was my absolute favorite. She was so friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive. At the actual tasting, she was such a pleasure to be with, and she really listened to (and acted upon) the concerns or requests we made. Throughout the entire process, I knew if I sent Taylor an email or gave her a call, she would respond within just a few hours. When you're a type-A bride with a lot of questions like I am, that is so reassuring. I am so appreciative of her patience & kindness, as she always took the time to answer my questions in detail, even though a lot of the information was buried somewhere in our email correspondence or contract. I knew that on the day-of, the service would be top notch since she was overseeing it all. Additionally, I let her know that one of my friends has a severe nut allergy, and she was gracious enough to speak with my friend directly and ensure they'd have something for her. So not only did Taylor correspond with me and my dad, she also took the time to speak with a 3rd person. My friend got a meal just like everyone else's, not some disappointing "nut-free" substitute. Which brings me to the food - absolutely fantastic & a real hit with the crowd! Everyone talked about how amazing the food was, which was super important to me and my husband. Overall, I can't express how thankful we are that we chose Rosemary's Catering. Definitely the best option out there! Thank you, Taylor!!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Lindsay · Married on 05/12/2018

Briana and Rosemary's staff were INCREDIBLE. I was absolutely clueless about the wedding planning process, and Briana was one of the first people I contacted to get started. All I knew was that Rosemary's catered a friends' wedding, and they had liquid nitrogen margaritas- I wanted to copy that.
    Briana patiently answered all my questions, food related and otherwise (and I had a lot of otherwise), and kindly guided me in the right direction throughout the entire process. She went above and beyond. I'm so thankful!
    We had number changes daily, went from buffet to stations to family style, had multiple food allergy needs, and Briana and Rosemary's handled it all with a "No problem, we can do that."
    The food (and margaritas) were the best. The staff were so sweet and attentive the entire evening.
    I would recommend Rosemary's in a heartbeat. Thank you guys so much!!!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Terri · Married on 12/15/2017

Terri Edwards Tappan
    · 2 seconds ago
    This is the "go to" place for catering in Austin! Our venue was Villa Antonia. Our food was fantastic. There was plenty of it. They offer suggestions to accomodate the crowd. The staff is very professional in dress and service. The "late night snack" of breakfast burritos, were the best. I think about them and mouth still waters! The reception meal was exquisite. All of our guests were very impressed. Thanks so very much. It was a pleasure!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Kathryn · Married on 11/11/2017

Food was my top priority for my reception. People like to eat and I wanted them to love our wedding food. I emailed maybe 15 caterers asking for prices and menus and services provided and nothing came close to topping Rosemary's. Christine was incredible to work with and was SO accommodating to everything we wanted. We sat and picked our menu out together and she listened to what we wanted and also made great suggestions. Our tastings were delicious and that's when we knew we had made the best decision ever. I sent tons of emails back and forth to Christine about ideas and things we wanted to add or change, and never once did I feel like I was a burden or asking for too much. They flipped my reception space in an hour and set up my tables exactly like how I envisioned. There is seriously not enough words to describe how perfect and amazing they truly were to us. I mean they seriously listened to every detail I said. Rosemary's provided us with our appetizers, entrees, bartenders, our bar, our mixers for the bar, our linens, cake cutting service, and an incredible staff. You're crazy not to book them!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Carson · Married on 06/03/2017

Rosemary's was our caterer for our wedding reception at the Bullock Texas State Museum for 300 people. They did a first-rate job. The food was superb.(We had a cocktail hour with Passed Hors d'oeuvres then a plated dinner with a meat and a vegeterian choice.) Our guest were served in a timely manner. All of the staff were very professional. Several of our guest complimented on nice and helpful the staff was to them. The guests commented how they never had to stand in line for a drink! Christine Hannah was our coordinator for the event and she did a remarkable job.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Rosemary’s Catering's reply:

Hi Carson, it was so great working with you all on your wedding! The alligator was such a hit for a cocktail hour hors d'oeuvre! Congratulations to you and Taylor!

Robert · Married on 03/26/2017

Rosemary's was the cheapest caterer we met with (mostly because they own their own chairs/tables/etc.), but they had the best food! Everyone at the wedding said it was some of the best food they'd ever had. The staff at Rosemary's were a pleasure to work with and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Rosemary’s Catering's reply:

Thank you Robert for the review! It was a pleasure working with you Stephanie for your wedding! The wedding looked absolutely beautiful, and it could not have been a more perfect day at the Wildflower Center.

Thank you again!
    -Amy

Courtney · Married on 09/10/2016

Rosemary's Catering did an amazing job with catering our wedding reception! We worked with them to create a Spanish tapas inspired menu (lots of tasty small plates) along with two specialty cocktails. They provided helpful feedback on our ideas and made accommodations for our guests who have food allergies.

When trying to choose a caterer, I contacted 3 total companies about our request. Rosemary's "suggested menu" was on point with what I was looking for and while the cost was not cheap, it seemed to provide more food for the buck than the other two quotes that I received.

One of my favorite memories during those months of wedding planning was when my now husband and I got to sit down and enjoy the entire menu. Rosemary's also made sure that drinks, appetizers, and plates of food were delivered to us during the event, so we did not go hungry at our wedding! We received many compliments from our guests on the food, and my mom (a tough critic) was impressed by Rosemary's setup (all food items were signed, tables had lights spotlighting the food, etc) and professionalism.

If you are seeking a caterer, then make sure to consider Rosemary's!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Rosemary’s Catering's reply:

Thank you Courtney for the review! It was a blast working with you and Dave for your wedding. We had a lot of fun creating the Spanish tapas menu with you all and the tortilla espanola was a wonderful addition!

Thank you again!
    -Amy

Christine · Married on 04/01/2017

Food was excellent and you have many options to customize your menu. However, they ran out of champagne, which shouldn't occur when you have an open bar.
    Our contact at Rosemary's , Amy Ridley was very responsive and excellent to work with!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Rosemary’s Catering's reply:

Thank you Christine, and I appreciate that you brought this to our attention following the wedding. It was a pleasure working with you all for Allison and Ian's wedding! It was absolutely beautiful!