Modern Green Goddess Reviews

Modern Green Goddess 5
Modern Green Goddess 6
Modern Green Goddess 7

Shree · Married on 04/17/2010

Ky is an amazing person. She was very friendly and very attentive to what I wanted. On the day of, I completely changed my hairstyle than what we had done at the trail yet she was totally understanding and she made me look amazing. She is a perfectionist and takes her time to make you look perfect. I was beyond happy with her work and I would recommend her in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/10/2010

Jennifer · Married on 05/06/2007

Ky made me look amazing! She sat with me as I discussed what I wanted to have done with my hair, that I didn't typically wear a ton of make-up and that I didn't want my husband to look down the aisle and think - who's that? She was able to accommodate all of this plus make my mom and my mother-in-law look great.

I swear, I will never look as beautiful as Ky made me look that day.

My only concern with the process was she took a little bit longer that was expected (and we even started early). It wasn't the end of the world, but it did cut some of my picture time before the ceremony.

Sent on 03/19/2008

The team is simply amazing. Great attitude

Sent on 03/08/2017

M · Married on 11/19/2011

was looking for a one-stop-shop for my wedding hair and makeup and looking for someone who would come to my wedding venue for a reasonable price, and Ky fit the bill (I found her through Bridal Artistry. Ky is such a fun person. I did a trial at her studio months before my wedding and had a few thoughts on things I would change based on my trial, and it was not a problem at all, Ky was so accommodating. She was calm and chatty on my wedding day which was nice. My makeup was perfect, not too intense but expertly applied, and she did my hair in loose waves that held up all night and into the next day. I would recommend Ky!

Sent on 01/05/2012
  • Asian~Wife

Erica · Married on 09/25/2010

Ky and her assistant did a great job on me, my bridesmaids, flower girls, and my mom. The only issue I had was that she was late to my trial and calculated my remaining balance incorrectly, but it was not a huge deal and I still booked her. I asked to change the style she did at my trial slightly for the wedding day, and it looked fabulous. She was on time to the hotel and got us all done in plenty of time for pictures before leaving for the ceremony. I couldn't have asked for anything more! Thank you, Ky.

Sent on 10/07/2010

Rebecca · Married on 04/18/2009

Ky did an AMAZING job on my hair (and my bridesmaid's hair), we'd meet for a consultation and she really took the time to see what I wanted, what would look good, what was comfortable and the day of the wedding created a look I LOVED.
    Wouldn't change anything about the experience - the make-up people she worked with did a nice job, but one of them was late, causing some anxiety (she went to the wrong hotel and got stuck in traffic) which wasn't ideal on a wedding day.

Sent on 08/17/2009
  • Lina

Lina · Married on 04/28/2018

After several hair/makeup trials with various stylists I chose Ky to do my wedding hair and makeup. During the trial she was very flexible and did multiple hair styles for me and did my makeup perfectly! She was very easy to talk to and we clicked - I knew she was the stylist for me! I had some anxiety about having too dark of eye makeup so she created a look that was perfect for my skin tone and matched the theme of my wedding perfectly! I had some questions after the trial and she was very fast at responding. She helped me find an associate of hers to do my bridesmaids hair - which also turned out great! The one issue I had with Ky is that on my wedding day she arrived an hour and a half late - which pushed my entire day back and caused a lot of stress. She did text me and warned me she was running late. We had to make up the time and it turned out that the pre-ceremony photos had to get condensed...it was very stressful. My makeup and hair lasted the entire day - and I am sure if I slept on them in the morning they would have still looked perfect. I received many complements that my makeup looked natural but awesome! As a goodie bag she provided lipstick and powder, which helped mid-reception when I needed to do some touch ups!

Sent on 12/29/2013

Julia · Married on 08/19/2016

3.0

Ky is great! Loved the look she gave me for my day. Recommend.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Carol · Married on 07/03/2016

We had two wonderful young ladies (whose names I forget), but they let the girls know ahead of time to bring pictures of ideas for their hair, which was a great idea and a HUGE help. They work efficiently and got everyone ready in way less time than I expected.

They came directly to our hotel (we paid for their parking) and worked on the girls in our suite.

I would definitely recommend them to anyone planning a wedding in the D.C. area.

Sent on 11/28/2012

sarah · Married on 10/17/2009

Ky did a wonderful job! She 8 people to style that day and each and every one of us was happy with our hair. I received so many positive comments on my hair at the wedding and even later in our pictures. I live in Seattle and my wedding was in Virginia, so my only contact with Ky before the wedding was via email and phone (she was very responsive) but I was a little nervous about not meeting or having a trial with my hair stylist before the big day! Ky was professional and listened to what I wanted and I was very lucky to find her.

Sent on 11/18/2009

Meggan · Married on 03/03/2007

3.5

The service, responsiveness and professionalism were outstanding. I was very well pleased with her service and friendliness. The cost of the service was a little out of my budget, but it was worth it.

Sent on 03/21/2008
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 11/01/2008

3.0

Ky was great. She did my hair and all 4 of my bridesmaids, everyone looked wonderful. She did a good job during the trial run, but outdid herself on the wedding day, it was just beautiful. She was very nice and easy to talk to and gave me recommendations for products during the trial run. I would definitely recommend her to anybody. She did a fantastic job and even came to the hotel we were getting ready at which is about 45 minutes away from her.

Sent on 11/13/2008

3.8
      3.0

Lovely to work with however they did arrive late (due to traffic). During my hair trial my hair fell and the curls were not smooth. I was assured the real wedding day would not be like that because we wouldn't be trialing so many hair styles. However my wedding day hair was disappointing - it did not hold! My bridesmaids were fixing it all night from the second the stylist left, recurling pieces that were frizzy and went flat. I curl my hair on my own for most dressy occasions in the DC area and do not run into this issue so it was particularly frustrating that the wedding hair I paid so much money for fell and looked messy in most of our wedding shots.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Modern Green Goddess's reply:

I am shocked by this review as I always ask clients how service was and do touch ups at the end. I hope she had an awesome day and wish her the best

Rachel · Married on 08/04/2012

3.8
      3.0

Ky did my hair and also 8 others. Everyone was pleased with their hair, and I was pleased with mine. The trial was great; we kept going until the style was just right and she gave good advice and didn't mind trying over and over again. The one problem was the Ky was about 20 minutes late to the trial, which, though unprofessional, was not a big deal. However, she was also 15-20 minutes late the day of the wedding. This really stressed me out, as we were on a timeline (like all wedding days are). However, she still finished everyone on time.

Suzanne did my makeup and 3 other people's makeup. She did a great job, everyone was happy, and she was on time.

Sent on 11/16/2012

3.2
      3.5
      3.0

I contacted Ky a couple weeks before my wedding and thank goodness she was able to fit me in for an early Saturday morning wedding. We made an appointment a trial at her house, but when I showed up she was surprised said she thought the trial was the next week (the wedding was the next week). I did verify that I was there on the correct day we set via email. Thank goodness she was home, her house guests left and we did the hair and makeup trial. I wore it for the rest of the day and emailed her with some changes, which she was very receptive to. She showed up about 15 minutes late the morning of the wedding. Ky was very pleasant and personable throughout the morning, which was good because I wasn't talking much due to nerves. She was only doing mine and my mom's hair and makeup, and it took longer than we thought so we were a little rushed to leave on time, but we made it. I got lots of compliments, especially on my hair. Overall it was a good experience.

Sent on 09/10/2012

Christina · Married on 01/02/2010

2.0
      2.0

Ky did a wonderful job with my wedding day hair as well as my 6 bridesmaids. The only reason why she didn't score higher was the stress she caused me during my wedding day. I woke up to a phone call from her telling me that her associate couldn't make it and I had two choices: to have 2 bridesmaides start at 7AM(she called at 645AM) or I had to postpone my wedding. While I think Ky is a sweetheart, no bride should have to deal with vendor stress the day of her wedding. She should've had an "on call" replacement in case of an emergency.

Sent on 03/31/2010

Modern Green Goddess's reply:

Just to be clear, the assistant that was helping me that day called me right before I had to call this client. She was very ill and ended up in the hospital. I do have other associates working with me but under the circumstances, I didn't want the bride to be any later. Anyhow, the bride was very sweet about the whole thing and I do appreciate her and her business.
  • EGraham

Emily · Married on 12/31/2011

2.5
      1.5
      3.0

Ky did a great job at the trial. I felt great about how my hair looked. Unfortunately, I did not feel the same way on my wedding day. I feel like the trial hair looked much nicer than on my wedding day. I felt like my hair was greasy and weighted down. Ky also took my mother last minute - which caused me to run 40 minutes behind. I had scheduled my day to be able to have 45 minutes after hair and make-up (prior to getting my dress on) to relax and be able to Skype with a good friend in Spain - due to the my hair catastrophe I was unable to do so and felt very rushed. My make-up person had to wait, which was extremely uncomfortable. My hair did not have the volume I was looking for, and I received no compliments for my hair, but countless ones for my make-up. While it was nice to try to accommodate my mother - it was my day and she should have taken care of my hair prior to anyone else. I am overall pretty disappointed with my hair.

Sent on 01/05/2012

Modern Green Goddess's reply:

I am really shocked by this review. The bride originally told me she wanted me to start an hour later than I started and I stayed hours after to accomodate 2 people not on my schedule. I came early to style her sister, and styled er mom after the bride.
    She told me she loved her hair and at least 5 people that came in the room told her it was amazing. As always, I went through step by step with the client to have her check the hair and she said each step was good.
    When the makeup artist arrived I told her she could start and I had no problem finishing the back of her hair. I said this numerous times, and she said she had plenty of time and did not wish to start yet.
    The makeup artist was great and I wish the bride the best.