44 Reviews for Rhea McCarter/Adore Makeup Boutique + Salon

Licensed (1)
Blowouts (1)
Brow/Lash Tinting (1)
44 Rhea McCarter/Adore Makeup Boutique + Salon Reviews

I had my wedding hair and makeup done by Kelsey with Adore and was so happy with how it all turned out! Kelsey was so fun to work with and did such a great job at my trial that she basically nailed my perfect wedding hair and makeup on the first try. She totally put me at ease and was so nice to work with on my wedding day. She along with Kristin also did hairstyles for my bridesmaids and everyone looked gorgeous and completely unique. I especially appreciated that Kelsey worked with my natural curls to show them off instead of straightening or curling my hair to make it look too polished. My makeup looked amazing and stayed on perfectly all day and night. We ended up adjusting the schedule closer the wedding and I appreciated their flexibility to start a little earlier in the day and communicate quickly and efficiently when changes were needed.

Photo for Rhea McCarter/Adore Makeup Boutique + Salon Review
Photo for Rhea McCarter/Adore Makeup Boutique + Salon Review
Profile Picture Amanda, 3/4/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Discounts, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists
4.7

I was mildly horrified when I first started looking for beauty. Everything just looked a bit too pageant-y. Fortunately, I loved how my hair and makeup turned out at Adore, especially since I had a limited beauty vocabulary. I changed my makeup quite a bit from the trial and asked for my hair to be readjusted three times on my reception day, and both Alex and Terra were super patient and accommodating about it. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Alana, 10/21/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup

I had a wonderful experience at Adore. Terra and Shirley made me feel beautiful! I am so incredibly grateful. Not only are they extremely talented at what they do, they are so nice. My trial was great, and Terry and Shirley really listened to what I wanted. I realized that the picture I shower Terra (and she did exactly what I showed her), wasn't actually what I wanted. No fault of hers, I just changed my mind! Terra so nicely offered to do another complimentary trial. I wish these ladies could follow me around and make me feel so beautiful everyday! Once I get pictures I will be sure to post them! Thanks Terra and Shirley! You are THE BEST!

Profile Picture Samantha, 3/25/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Group Discounts, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Rhea and her team were incredible to work with. They did a fantastic job and I definitely felt like the best version of myself. After a trial run, I told Rhea the things I liked and didn't and she knew exactly how to fix it. (i.e. since i have really oily skin the airbrush turned darker throughout the day, so she brushed it on for my engagement shoot and it was perfect) They are fast, efficient, and super sweet. Have never felt more beautiful, and I'm extremely picky with my hair and makeup. Totally recommend.

Profile Picture Hannah , 2/11/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

These ladies are AMAZING! I have had makeup done for weddings that I was a bridesmaid in and my eye makeup always bleeds under my eyes. This was not the case with my wedding and my makeup and hair looked AMAZING!

Profile Picture Becca, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Group Services, Hair, Makeup

I absolutely loved my hair and makeup done by Rhea and Chancy! I gave them a few inspiration pictures, and they gave me exactly what I wanted. Rhea gave me a lovely, romantic makeup look (that lasted all night long!), and Chancy gave me the loveliest updo (that also looked good all night long). They also did the hair and makeup for my mom, the groom's mom, and a couple of my bridesmaids. Everyone looked beautiful and looked fresh despite the 100 degree heat. I will definitely be recommending Adore to all of my friends getting married in Austin - they're amazing!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/18/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Brow/Lash Tinting, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling

Rhea and her team did such an incredible job on our hair and make-up. Not only was every single person absolutely stunning, we were ready to go ahead of schedule!! We also added additional services a few days before the wedding, and they were so accommodating of the last minute change. Rhea's team are true professionals and delivered exactly what we wanted! My mom, sisters, and bridesmaids were all so happy with their services, and so was I!! Thank you Adore!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User5387186, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

Rhea and Katie are an absolute dream to work with! They were flexible with my last minute changes and managed to do every single one of my girls hair and makeup exactly the way they wanted it. It felt so good knowing that all of my friends were comfortable and felt beautiful for my wedding. I myself have never felt more gorgeous. I had Katie do my hair for the Rehearsal, the wedding, and the day after the wedding and each hairstyle was unique and perfect for me. Equally, Rhea did my makeup for the wedding and I have never felt more stunning in my life. I don't wear a lot of makeup normally and I wanted to make sure I still looked like me when I walked down the Aisle and Rhea nailed it. I felt like an air-brushed version of myself and could not have been happier.

Profile Picture Phoebe, 4/23/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Salon, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

I LOVED my bridal and bridesmaids makeup and hair by Adore. I had hoped to get Rhea or one of the others mentioned in reviews but they were booked so I worried initially when I was assigned Larkin for makeup and hair with Terra. I had heard from others that all artists from Adore are top notch and they were right! I can't say enough how happy I was with how beautiful they made us look! All of the bridesmaids were so happy too, and said it was the best they had had! I also was supposed to get my hair done by a friend of a friend and she cancelled last minute so Rhea was able to accommodate my hair to be done with Terra along with the bridesmaids. They were both such sweet girls and were willing to make several changes and completely got my vision for what I was wanting. I got a trial for both in the days before which I recommend, making the day a bit easier. The costs are a bit high but they are SO worth it, you won't regret it!!

Profile Picture Alicia, 4/2/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Salon, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

Chancy and Kassy were amazing!!!!! I loved my trial and day of makeup so much! They made it so fun and all of us so beautiful! Can't say enough good things, would definitely recommend for anyone!!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 3/26/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I can’t thank Adore Salon enough for making my wedding day and photos a huge success. Everyone raved about my hair and I have had a ton of compliments on how great I look in my wedding pictures and Adore played a huge part in that. I did a trial run with Katie for my hair and Brooke for my makeup which gave me confidence about how it would turn out on the wedding day and allowed me to make some alterations. They were both super sweet and worked with me to make sure everything turned out exactly how I wanted it. Katie and Brooke are very talented. Thanks Adore!

Profile Picture Jen , 3/17/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup

Rhea + Chancy = Dream Team! Oh my goodness, I cannot say enough great things about these two. Admittedly, finding someone for hair & makeup was something I was the most nervous about. Not being from Austin, I asked a to of my other vendors for advice on who they might recommend. Someone from my venue recommended Rhea and it was love at first email! After carefully looking through the portfolios and speaking over the phone, I decided to go with Adore Makeup Boutique + Salon. I was able to look through the hair gallery as well and requested to work with Chancy. We booked everything and setup a trial. The trial was perfect! I was so nervous but ended up loving everything! Chancy is the sweetest and really wants to make your vision come to life. Rhea is so skilled at what she does. She knows exactly how to work with different face shapes and skin tones and will tell you if what you are looking to do makes sense for your features. She is AMAZING. Both her and Chancy made me feel so wonderful and special and made little tweaks at my request. After the trial I felt so confident for the wedding. It didn't seem possible, but after altering just a few little things from the trial to the wedding, my hair and makeup came out even better on my wedding day! My bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law all absolutely loved working with Rhea and Chancy and looked STUNNING! Seriously, everyone looked absolutely perfect I couldn't even believe it! Not only is their work of the absolute highest quality, they are the most genuine and beautiful people on the inside and out! They made getting ready so fun and it wouldn't have been the same without them. Even our videographer commented on how much fun and lovely to work with they were. If you are like me, a little nervous about hair and makeup because it never seems to turn out right, please do yourself a favor and go here. I've never felt more beautiful then I did on my wedding day thanks to these ladies. I highly HIGHLY recommend!

Profile Picture Erica, 2/26/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

We hired Rhea and Chancy to do our makeup and hair for my wedding on NYE. These ladies not only amazed me when we did my trial and bridal shoot, but they amazed my entire wedding party on our wedding day! I'm just about the last of my friends to get married, so we've been through wedding hair and makeup many times, but it was unanimous among my friends that this was the best hair and makeup we've ever had. I am so happy I stumbled across their website when I was looking for vendors. It's the best feeling to know you can absolutely trust the ladies in charge of how you are going to look on your wedding day. Plus, Rhea and Chancy are just the sweetest and brought such a fun vibe to the room while we were getting ready. I can't thank you both enough!

Profile Picture Emily, 12/5/15, 2 Reviews
3.2

I went for my first hair and makeup trial a few months before my wedding. At that time, I lived 5 hours away and made a special trip just for the trial. We met up early on a Saturday, and my stylist-Brooke, was 15 minutes late. When she did arrive, she didn't know how to turn the salon's alarm off the loud buzzing noise was going off for 15 minutes. My personal pet peeve-but if you work in the beauty industry, you should present yourself in that manner. She came with no makeup, hair in a hat-not giving me confidence in her ability. During the appointment, she told me how she had allergies and was taking 4 different medications and was drowsy. She kept telling me stories of her ex-boyfriend and man-bashing in general (which normally I wouldn't mind, but on my wedding trial...?) My makeup, was great. It was mostly what I wanted and ended up lasting all day even through sweating. My hair was a different story. I wanted a half-up do and even showed her the exact picture I wanted. There was a total of 5 bobby pins and was sooooo loose. It didn't look like the photo, and didn't even hold for an hour after the appointment. I was so disappointed that I emailed the owner, Rhea. I gave Brooke the benefit of the doubt, thinking she had a bad day, and asked for another hair and make up trial, which went much smoother. They decided that she would need to be at the venue the morning of the wedding by 7:45AM. I got a text from Rhea at 7:40AM saying that Brooke was running 5 minutes late. I kept waiting, and Brooke didn't show up until 8:27AM. The first words out of her mouth were "I left 1.5 hours ago from my house." She did a fine job on my bridesmaid and mother-who all got up-dos. Once again, she did great on my (bride) makeup. My hair's curls didn't last, the teased poof on top didn't hold, and overall was a disappointment. I wouldn't recommend this salon to anyone, especially not Brooke.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Sarah, 8/14/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I researched all makeup artists in Austin and couldn't be happier that I chose Adore. Alex made me feel so beautiful for my wedding portraits and then did it again for me and my bridesmaids on the big day! Amazing!

Profile Picture Kate, 4/25/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Wow. Just wow. If you want to feel as pretty as ever on your wedding day, go to Adore Salon! My groom was wowed by the result, and, as someone who is not very make-up savvy or used to pampering, I was made to feel very comfortable by the hair and makeup artists at Adore. Chancy did my hair and Larkin did my makeup, and the final look was gorgeous!

Profile Picture Betsy, 11/9/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Adore was the perfect team to do the hair and makeup for myself and my girls on my wedding day!! Our hair and makeup was perfect. The girls completed everything so fast and they were able to do anything we threw at them as far as style etc. Thank you again for making me look and feel beautiful along with my girls on my big day!!
Love,
Tiffany Carroll

Profile Picture Tiffany, 11/1/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Alex at Adore is the DEAL! I told her I needed make up that reflected 1930s Hollywood and she gave it to me, and it was on point! She knows what she is doing, she is intelligent and talented. I definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture tiffany, 10/11/14, 17 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Rhea was unfortunately booked for my wedding date, however she sent two of her girls (larkin and kelly) and they were amazing so it worked out perfect! I absolutely loved my hair and makeup, and they were both fun and easy to work with!!

Profile Picture Candace, 9/20/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Rhea is by far one of the most kind and genuine individuals I have ever had the pleasure of knowing! She is absolutely great at what she does, & even more importantly, she loves to do it! She did my make up 4 times throughout the entire wedding process & never disappointed! The environment and company was fun & friends and the makeup she did turned out stunning every time! And we tried a variety of looks! I will from now on always travel the 4 hours to Austin to get my make up done my Rhea for any occasion! she's worth it! If your looking for a make up artist, PLEASE give Rhea a call for a trial! You'll be sold!! TRUST Me! And of you're looking for a hair stylist, it doesn't get better then Chancy! She's outstanding! She has the messy elegant falling up do down to a T! Every bridesmaid chose a different hairstyle and they all turned out breath taking! If there's anything you want tweeted about a hairstyle she has such a great attitude and says, "absolutely! No problem!" And nails it every time! I ADORE these 2 ladies and would recommend them to anyone & EVERYONE! Book your Trial!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 7/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Rhea and Chancy did such a wonderful job!!! They made sure we had a relaxed atmosphere and made sure we all looked absolutely beautiful. Rhea even made my little one feel so special. I highly recommend them!!

Profile Picture Krystal, 6/20/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I just want to say I am so glad I went with Adore Makeup. My make up artist Alex Hart was amazing!!! She did exactly what I was hoping for and I looked like myself!! Working with her was so much fun too. She is very friendly, sweet and very professional. The whole process with Adore and Rhea and the other staff was wonderful. I am so glad I decided to hire a make up artist for my special day!!!

Profile Picture Jill, 5/17/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I was thrilled with my hair and makeup on my wedding day. Rhea did an amazing job - I looked like the best version of me, even with a last minute decision change on my part to do darker eyes than our trial. My bridesmaids and mom all looked fantastic as well. When we encountered a small bump in the road with the trial, Rhea was nothing but accommodating, professional, and kind in response to my concerns, and even moved up my makeup trial to 5:30 am so I could be ready before my engagement photos started at 8am to beat the heat. The true test of a vendor is how they address concerns as they arise, and Rhea exceeded expectations. The girls who came to do our hair were fun and did a great job as well. I would highly recommend them to other brides and bridal parties!

Profile Picture Arianna, 3/29/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I LOVE Rhea! She not only did an amazing job on me, my sister, my best friend, mother, and future mother-in-law at the time, but during a crisis of my hairdresser forgetting about me and bailing 20 min after she's already late, Rhea called her 911 circle of colleagues and got a hairdresser for me! During a very stressful time she was relaxed and professional and helped me out of a huge bind! I can not thank her enough. The consultation was great too. Anytime I want to look a little more done up, I'm definitely going to Rhea. Not only is she fantastic at her job, but she's a lovely person to be around.

Profile Picture Lesley, 3/2/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Loved my wedding hair for my October wedding. Chancy Cone has amazing talent, listens to your request and utilizes her talents to provide the best hair style. In addition she is extremely flexible, I wanted to change my trail hair style, she understood and did an amazing job. Finally she is a lot of fun. Weddings can be stressful however, while styling everyone in the parties hair, she kept the vide fun and peppy and always had her amazing smile on her face. I would recommend her to anyone to do wedding hair or just hair.

Profile Picture lori, 10/26/13, 8 Reviews