Rhea McCarter/Adore Makeup Boutique + Salon Reviews

45 Reviews for Rhea McCarter/Adore Makeup Boutique + Salon

Rhea McCarter/Adore Makeup Boutique + Salon 1
Rhea McCarter/Adore Makeup Boutique + Salon 2

Erin · Married on 09/14/2018

I knew I would love my wedding hair and makeup after my trial run for my engagement photos back in April, but Adore really went above and beyond! I scheduled hair and makeup services for myself, my bridesmaids, my mother, and my mother-in-law. We had two make-up artists (Shirley and Rhea) and two hair stylists (Terra and Kelsey). The team was very professional and had every member of the wedding party scheduled in a way that felt organized and seamless. While we waited, they allowed us to bring in champagne for mimosas and Chick-fil-A for lunch. When we realized that I accidentally forgot to schedule makeup-only services for one of my bridesmaids, they were completely understanding and accommodating and fit her into the schedule without a hitch. Everyone looked BEAUTIFUL, and our hair and makeup lasted through the nasty rain/humidity that decided to hit Austin on my wedding day :) extra compliments to Kelsey, who did my mother's hair- She was recently diagnosed with Alopecia and was worried that her hair would look thin or patchy, but Kelsey did an amazing job making her hair look full and smooth all around, and of course to Shirley and Terra, who knocked my bridal hair and makeup out of the park! I can't wait to get our wedding pictures back to share. I highly recommend the team at Adore!!

Samantha · Married on 03/25/2017

I had a wonderful experience at Adore. Terra and Shirley made me feel beautiful! I am so incredibly grateful. Not only are they extremely talented at what they do, they are so nice. My trial was great, and Terry and Shirley really listened to what I wanted. I realized that the picture I shower Terra (and she did exactly what I showed her), wasn't actually what I wanted. No fault of hers, I just changed my mind! Terra so nicely offered to do another complimentary trial. I wish these ladies could follow me around and make me feel so beautiful everyday! Once I get pictures I will be sure to post them! Thanks Terra and Shirley! You are THE BEST!

Hannah · Married on 02/11/2017

Rhea and her team were incredible to work with. They did a fantastic job and I definitely felt like the best version of myself. After a trial run, I told Rhea the things I liked and didn't and she knew exactly how to fix it. (i.e. since i have really oily skin the airbrush turned darker throughout the day, so she brushed it on for my engagement shoot and it was perfect) They are fast, efficient, and super sweet. Have never felt more beautiful, and I'm extremely picky with my hair and makeup. Totally recommend.

Katie · Married on 06/18/2016

I absolutely loved my hair and makeup done by Rhea and Chancy! I gave them a few inspiration pictures, and they gave me exactly what I wanted. Rhea gave me a lovely, romantic makeup look (that lasted all night long!), and Chancy gave me the loveliest updo (that also looked good all night long). They also did the hair and makeup for my mom, the groom's mom, and a couple of my bridesmaids. Everyone looked beautiful and looked fresh despite the 100 degree heat. I will definitely be recommending Adore to all of my friends getting married in Austin - they're amazing!

Emma · Married on 06/04/2016

Rhea and her team did such an incredible job on our hair and make-up. Not only was every single person absolutely stunning, we were ready to go ahead of schedule!! We also added additional services a few days before the wedding, and they were so accommodating of the last minute change. Rhea's team are true professionals and delivered exactly what we wanted! My mom, sisters, and bridesmaids were all so happy with their services, and so was I!! Thank you Adore!!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Rhea McCarter/Adore Makeup Boutique + Salon's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet words! ❤️ it was an absolute pleasure to be apart of your day! Xo Rhea
  • Phoebe

Phoebe · Married on 04/23/2016

Rhea and Katie are an absolute dream to work with! They were flexible with my last minute changes and managed to do every single one of my girls hair and makeup exactly the way they wanted it. It felt so good knowing that all of my friends were comfortable and felt beautiful for my wedding. I myself have never felt more gorgeous. I had Katie do my hair for the Rehearsal, the wedding, and the day after the wedding and each hairstyle was unique and perfect for me. Equally, Rhea did my makeup for the wedding and I have never felt more stunning in my life. I don't wear a lot of makeup normally and I wanted to make sure I still looked like me when I walked down the Aisle and Rhea nailed it. I felt like an air-brushed version of myself and could not have been happier.

Alicia · Married on 04/02/2016

I LOVED my bridal and bridesmaids makeup and hair by Adore. I had hoped to get Rhea or one of the others mentioned in reviews but they were booked so I worried initially when I was assigned Larkin for makeup and hair with Terra. I had heard from others that all artists from Adore are top notch and they were right! I can't say enough how happy I was with how beautiful they made us look! All of the bridesmaids were so happy too, and said it was the best they had had! I also was supposed to get my hair done by a friend of a friend and she cancelled last minute so Rhea was able to accommodate my hair to be done with Terra along with the bridesmaids. They were both such sweet girls and were willing to make several changes and completely got my vision for what I was wanting. I got a trial for both in the days before which I recommend, making the day a bit easier. The costs are a bit high but they are SO worth it, you won't regret it!!

Melissa · Married on 03/26/2016

Chancy and Kassy were amazing!!!!! I loved my trial and day of makeup so much! They made it so fun and all of us so beautiful! Can't say enough good things, would definitely recommend for anyone!!!

Jen · Married on 03/17/2016

I can’t thank Adore Salon enough for making my wedding day and photos a huge success. Everyone raved about my hair and I have had a ton of compliments on how great I look in my wedding pictures and Adore played a huge part in that. I did a trial run with Katie for my hair and Brooke for my makeup which gave me confidence about how it would turn out on the wedding day and allowed me to make some alterations. They were both super sweet and worked with me to make sure everything turned out exactly how I wanted it. Katie and Brooke are very talented. Thanks Adore!

Erica · Married on 02/26/2016

Rhea + Chancy = Dream Team! Oh my goodness, I cannot say enough great things about these two. Admittedly, finding someone for hair & makeup was something I was the most nervous about. Not being from Austin, I asked a to of my other vendors for advice on who they might recommend. Someone from my venue recommended Rhea and it was love at first email! After carefully looking through the portfolios and speaking over the phone, I decided to go with Adore Makeup Boutique + Salon. I was able to look through the hair gallery as well and requested to work with Chancy. We booked everything and setup a trial. The trial was perfect! I was so nervous but ended up loving everything! Chancy is the sweetest and really wants to make your vision come to life. Rhea is so skilled at what she does. She knows exactly how to work with different face shapes and skin tones and will tell you if what you are looking to do makes sense for your features. She is AMAZING. Both her and Chancy made me feel so wonderful and special and made little tweaks at my request. After the trial I felt so confident for the wedding. It didn't seem possible, but after altering just a few little things from the trial to the wedding, my hair and makeup came out even better on my wedding day! My bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law all absolutely loved working with Rhea and Chancy and looked STUNNING! Seriously, everyone looked absolutely perfect I couldn't even believe it! Not only is their work of the absolute highest quality, they are the most genuine and beautiful people on the inside and out! They made getting ready so fun and it wouldn't have been the same without them. Even our videographer commented on how much fun and lovely to work with they were. If you are like me, a little nervous about hair and makeup because it never seems to turn out right, please do yourself a favor and go here. I've never felt more beautiful then I did on my wedding day thanks to these ladies. I highly HIGHLY recommend!

Emily · Married on 12/05/2015

We hired Rhea and Chancy to do our makeup and hair for my wedding on NYE. These ladies not only amazed me when we did my trial and bridal shoot, but they amazed my entire wedding party on our wedding day! I'm just about the last of my friends to get married, so we've been through wedding hair and makeup many times, but it was unanimous among my friends that this was the best hair and makeup we've ever had. I am so happy I stumbled across their website when I was looking for vendors. It's the best feeling to know you can absolutely trust the ladies in charge of how you are going to look on your wedding day. Plus, Rhea and Chancy are just the sweetest and brought such a fun vibe to the room while we were getting ready. I can't thank you both enough!

Kate · Married on 04/25/2015

I researched all makeup artists in Austin and couldn't be happier that I chose Adore. Alex made me feel so beautiful for my wedding portraits and then did it again for me and my bridesmaids on the big day! Amazing!

Tiffany · Married on 11/01/2014

Adore was the perfect team to do the hair and makeup for myself and my girls on my wedding day!! Our hair and makeup was perfect. The girls completed everything so fast and they were able to do anything we threw at them as far as style etc. Thank you again for making me look and feel beautiful along with my girls on my big day!!
    Love,
    Tiffany Carroll

Alex at Adore is the DEAL! I told her I needed make up that reflected 1930s Hollywood and she gave it to me, and it was on point! She knows what she is doing, she is intelligent and talented. I definitely recommend her!

Candace · Married on 09/20/2014

Rhea was unfortunately booked for my wedding date, however she sent two of her girls (larkin and kelly) and they were amazing so it worked out perfect! I absolutely loved my hair and makeup, and they were both fun and easy to work with!!

Kelsey · Married on 07/04/2014

Rhea is by far one of the most kind and genuine individuals I have ever had the pleasure of knowing! She is absolutely great at what she does, & even more importantly, she loves to do it! She did my make up 4 times throughout the entire wedding process & never disappointed! The environment and company was fun & friends and the makeup she did turned out stunning every time! And we tried a variety of looks! I will from now on always travel the 4 hours to Austin to get my make up done my Rhea for any occasion! she's worth it! If your looking for a make up artist, PLEASE give Rhea a call for a trial! You'll be sold!! TRUST Me! And of you're looking for a hair stylist, it doesn't get better then Chancy! She's outstanding! She has the messy elegant falling up do down to a T! Every bridesmaid chose a different hairstyle and they all turned out breath taking! If there's anything you want tweeted about a hairstyle she has such a great attitude and says, "absolutely! No problem!" And nails it every time! I ADORE these 2 ladies and would recommend them to anyone & EVERYONE! Book your Trial!

Krystal · Married on 06/20/2014

Rhea and Chancy did such a wonderful job!!! They made sure we had a relaxed atmosphere and made sure we all looked absolutely beautiful. Rhea even made my little one feel so special. I highly recommend them!!

• Jill

Jill · Married on 05/17/2014

I just want to say I am so glad I went with Adore Makeup. My make up artist Alex Hart was amazing!!! She did exactly what I was hoping for and I looked like myself!! Working with her was so much fun too. She is very friendly, sweet and very professional. The whole process with Adore and Rhea and the other staff was wonderful. I am so glad I decided to hire a make up artist for my special day!!!

Arianna · Married on 03/29/2014

I was thrilled with my hair and makeup on my wedding day. Rhea did an amazing job - I looked like the best version of me, even with a last minute decision change on my part to do darker eyes than our trial. My bridesmaids and mom all looked fantastic as well. When we encountered a small bump in the road with the trial, Rhea was nothing but accommodating, professional, and kind in response to my concerns, and even moved up my makeup trial to 5:30 am so I could be ready before my engagement photos started at 8am to beat the heat. The true test of a vendor is how they address concerns as they arise, and Rhea exceeded expectations. The girls who came to do our hair were fun and did a great job as well. I would highly recommend them to other brides and bridal parties!

Lesley · Married on 03/02/2014

I LOVE Rhea! She not only did an amazing job on me, my sister, my best friend, mother, and future mother-in-law at the time, but during a crisis of my hairdresser forgetting about me and bailing 20 min after she's already late, Rhea called her 911 circle of colleagues and got a hairdresser for me! During a very stressful time she was relaxed and professional and helped me out of a huge bind! I can not thank her enough. The consultation was great too. Anytime I want to look a little more done up, I'm definitely going to Rhea. Not only is she fantastic at her job, but she's a lovely person to be around.

lori · Married on 10/26/2013

Loved my wedding hair for my October wedding. Chancy Cone has amazing talent, listens to your request and utilizes her talents to provide the best hair style. In addition she is extremely flexible, I wanted to change my trail hair style, she understood and did an amazing job. Finally she is a lot of fun. Weddings can be stressful however, while styling everyone in the parties hair, she kept the vide fun and peppy and always had her amazing smile on her face. I would recommend her to anyone to do wedding hair or just hair.

Emily · Married on 06/15/2013

Rhea is absolutely phenomenal! She radiates joy from the moment you meet her, and once she begins applying your makeup, that joy catches on fire and you can tell that she adores her job! Rhea did an amazing job on my makeup for both my bridal portraits and my wedding day. I wanted to look like myself, but better and Rhea made it happen. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rhea. I give her my highest recommendation without any hesitation!

• Lanna

Lanna · Married on 04/13/2013

Rhea did the makeup for myself, my entire bridal party, and my step mom for my wedding in April. She did an amazing job! I cannot express in words how talented she is at what she does! She listens to what your regular makeup routine is, and pays attention to how you want to look. She took the time to look at our faces and make us look as beautiful as we possibly could. There was 9 of us for hair (by chancy - also awesome!) and airbrush makeup and we didn't feel rushed once. Her presence in my suite on my wedding day had such a calming effect. Because not only is she great at what she does, she's also an awesome person! All of the girls are still talking about how much they like Rhea and Chancy. If you are looking for a makeup artist to make you look like the MOST BEAUTIFUL YOU look no further!!

LeAnn · Married on 03/23/2013

Ahhh Rhea is a true artist! She made my girls and I look so beuatiful and everyone loved how soft our looks were. I cried several times throughout the wedding and you could never tell with the airbrush makeup. She is amazing at what she does and has a great team of gals with her. Can't wait to use her again!

• Erin

Erin · Married on 03/16/2013

I could not be more pleased with our decision to book Rhea and Chancy for hair and makeup for our wedding. From my first consultation at the very cute Adore Makeup Salon I knew I found the best in the business. Rhea took a special interest to understand the look I wanted to achieve on my wedding day, which was simple, classic, and not overdone. She took extra time to show me pictures of previous brides with similar hair and eye color, and discussed color options, ect. When I return with my mother for our trial make up and hair appointment we were beyond pleased at how flawless the airbrush makeup was and Rhea's ability to bring out our best features without making us look overdone. Chancy also did a wonderful job with our hair. We brought her pictures from magazines and Pintrest and she was able to recreate the perfect look for each of us. On our wedding day they arrived early with plenty of time to do hair and make for me, 6 bridesmaids, as well as my mom and grooms mom. We did not feel rushed at all, and really enjoyed a relaxing morning getting ready for such a special day. Everyone's hair and makeup turned out beautifully and lasted the entire night and we danced and celebrated all night long. I highly recommend Rhea and Chancy, as they are very talented artists, exceptionally professional and lovely to work with!