Restoration Hall at Old Trail Reviews

18 | Crozet, VA

18 Reviews for Restoration Hall at Old Trail

Sylvia Thomas · Married on 12/29/2018

Awesome Experience!!!

Our small wedding ceremony was 12.29.2018. We later invited our family/friends to dinner. I feel they met all our expectations with the food and service. Leading up they answered every question asked with quick responses. I feel Restoration is a hidden gem. Very affordable. Beautiful view. Even though a small staff their execution of service never faulted. They took to task small details that I didn't have to ask a family or friend to handle. I highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 01/16/2019

Lindsey · Married on 09/23/2016

We held our rehearsal dinner at Restoration and it was wonderful! It was one of our favorite restaurants to begin with, but we couldn't have been happier with how our rehearsal dinner turned out. The food was delicious, the staff was friendly and responsive, and our friends and family loved it. Thank you, Restoration, for an amazing night!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Catherine · Married on 05/28/2016

We had our ceremony/cocktail hour & reception at Restoration Hall Saturday of the Memorial holiday weekend. I can not recommend Restoration Hall enough, particularly for the value. It's one of the lower priced venues in the Charlottesville/Crozet area and certainly one of the best! Kristin Ridge, the venue coordinator, is worth every penny she gets paid. She will make your experience very smooth and pleasant. The space was beautiful, the food was fabulous and the attention to detail was spot on. I would absolutely have my wedding here again and again and again. My Mom made my wedding cake and the staff were so accomidating to her, which was very important to me! One thing however for future brides to know is that they don't have a bridal suite and therefore you must arrange a place to get ready with your girls. I still very much enjoyed our time getting ready elsewhere, just something to know. They do have a small space to prepare in and have snacks/drinks. Overall, I would still rate the value of Restoration Hall a 5.

Sent on 06/18/2016

Jessica · Married on 05/20/2016

If you are looking for a venue with beyond beautiful scenery, accommodating and responsive staff, and a variety of mouth-watering food and beverages, then you have found your place. My husband and I chose Restoration Hall as both our ceremony and reception location, and we could not be happier with the result. Our wedding turned out much better than expected, all thanks to Kristin (she definitely knows how to organize and orchestrate an event) and the wonderful Restoration staff (everyone is so organized, kind, and helpful), and we would 100% recommend Restoration to anyone and everyone for any party or gathering needs!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Margaux · Married on 11/14/2015

Kristin and the Restoration Hall team were amazing in every way! The venue was perfect, the food is exceptional and the staff and personal touches added, all exceeded our expectations. We chose the family style option for our 100 guest wedding, had a number of passed o'dourves during cocktail hour, and even offered a late-night snack. Months later, we are still hearing from guests that the food served was the 'best food they've ever had at a wedding', and they raved about the selection, presentation and flavor of each option. The team at Restoration also made this such a success! Everyone was friendly, engaging with our guests and very accommodating. This is a beautiful venue, with top-notch locally-sourced food, and truly gave our wedding the "Virginia" touch!

Sent on 01/27/2016

We celebrated our daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception at Restoration Hall, in October. This was a destination wedding with most of our guests coming from out of town to celebrate. Our event coordinator, Kristin Ridge, was extremely professional in attending to every detail of our daughter's special day. Restoration Hall was a perfect venue for the intimate setting we desired. The ambiance of Restoration Hall was perfect! The food was exquisitely prepared and delivered to our guests. The breathtaking panorama of the Blue Ridge Mountains was incredible!
    The staff at Restoration were amazing, always smiling and attentive to all of our needs. We highly recommend you consider Kristin and Restoration Hall for your future wedding plans, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/12/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/25/2015

Christopher and I would love to express a huge thank you to Kristin Ridge and everyone at Restoration Hall for making our wedding day more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. Kristin took all of the stress out of planning a wedding and always put me at ease that everything was taken care of. Once more, she was patient and personable which made her an absolute joy to collaborate with. The venue itself was absolutely amazing with it's majestic surroundings. The hills, valleys and structures provided a landscape that created the breathtaking photos that we will always treasure. The menu planned was not only extremely delicious but fit our personalities and made our wedding feel like a family gathering. At the end of the night, Christopher and I looked at each other and said "That was perfect." I love to look at my photos from that day and reflect on all the beautiful memories that were made. We could never have imagined anything better. We will always be grateful to Kristin and the staff at Restoration Hall for their hard work and commitment to providing an amazing experience for others.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Rachel · Married on 10/03/2015

Our wedding could not have been more picture perfect!! Despite the fact we had a hurricane (yes hurricane!) hit the weekend of our wedding, I felt like Kristin had everything under control the whole time. Plans were quickly made to handle the weather - and she even had the bar staff go out of their way to create "hurricane" mix drinks to serve at the reception and make light of the situation! The staff here truly understands that the details matter. For example, one staffer over heard one of my guests mention she couldn't eat the shrimp & grits because they had bacon in them - and without prompting they went to the kitchen and brought out a plate of bacon free shrimp and grits to the guests table. Amazing!! If you're considering Restoration for your wedding - I assure you you couldn't be in better hands. Not to mention several guests said it was hands down the best wedding food they'd ever had!

Sent on 06/11/2016

Anne · Married on 10/03/2015

Just wanted to take some time to Thank Kristen and her staff for making my daughter's wedding a flawless perfect event! This was done in spite of the torrential rain and high winds created when a Hurricane traveled up the East Coast. When we thought of a gorgeous venue near Charlottesviile, Restorations was the obvious choice. We knew the food was wonderful and the atmosphere and view were perfect. On my daughters wedding day, you could not even see the view, but no one noticed because Kristen had made the interior space and outside Patio so warm and inviting using her skill and elegant touch. I can not say Thank you enough for all the little details you added, and all the time you put in to helping us organize the Day. Truly 5 star service!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Kelly · Married on 06/27/2015

I could not have asked for a better place to get married! The location is absolutely beautiful and provides for many indoor and outdoor options. Do to a rain forecast, our ceremony had to be moved inside. At first I was disappointed, but Kristin and her staff made the inside space absolutely beautiful for our guests. Kristin even hired extra help last minute to make the transition seamless. In the end, I was even happier to have our ceremony inside.

All of my guests commented for weeks about how amazing the food was. From chicken and waffles to shrimp and grits and the amazing salmon, everyone certainly enjoyed their meal. One of my friends commented it was the best wedding food she ever had.

What is amazing about getting married at Restoration is that you get to work with Kristin Ridge. Leading up to the event, Kristin was so helpful and truly cared about our wedding as much as we did. She had amazing ideas and helped make the planning as stress-free as possible. On the day of, Kristin and her staff moved everything so smoothly. My family and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Everything was set up perfectly!

I would highly recommend for anyone to get married at Restoration. It is the perfect combination of a beautiful location, delicious food, and an exceptionally helpful staff.

Sent on 02/03/2016

Carey · Married on 06/13/2015

Restoration made wedding planning a breeze!! Working with Kristin is like having your best friend plan your wedding. She works magic--she perfectly captures your style and personality and manages to make the day run smoothly and perfectly, despite any hiccups that might get sent her way!

Sent on 02/09/2016

Kathryn · Married on 06/05/2015

I couldn't be happier with the service I received at Restoration Hall for my wedding reception! Kristin and her staff were beyond amazing, and were very helpful and flexible in creating my vision for my reception. We had 120 guests, and were able to all eat outside under the tent with the gorgeous mountain views behind the golf course. The indoor area was the perfect dance floor, and it was nice to separate that from a quieter atmosphere for those who did not want to participate. Our guests are still raving about the food, and I'm so unbelievably happy that I could have such a high quality selection at an affordable price! This is an up and coming venue in Charlottesville, and it deserves to get the same recognition as other popular venues. Everything was perfect, and I couldn't be happier about the service I received here. If you want an affordable venue in Charlottesville with gorgeous views, an accommodating staff, a sensible setup, AND one that includes delicious food (so you don't need to book an outside caterer), this is the place to go!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Kristin and Restoration Hall is the best!! The views at Old Trail are AMAZING, the food is OUT OF THIS WORLD (you MUST try their mac and cheese), the reception room and tent are just perfect. Our wedding reception was absolutely beautiful. It was everything I ever dreamed of and I have Kristin and the staff at Restoration Hall to thank for that!!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Moriah · Married on 05/25/2014

As the mother of the bride, I could not have been more pleased with the entire venue and service you provided for my daughters wedding. The room was decorated with elegance and the catering service was done with utmost professionalism. I cannot tell you just how many people told me that my daughters wedding was the "best wedding they had ever been to". The food was delicious, the atmosphere divine, and everyone had a splendid time . You kept the events moving smoothly and stayed connected with the wedding party,which I greatly appreciated. I have recommended YOU and Restoration to many others. Honestly, thanks to you, I do believe Moriah and Tom had the perfect wedding. Thank you !!!! Danielle Cote, mother of the bride.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Sarah · Married on 04/12/2014

Restoration was the perfect venue for our wedding! It was not only beautiful, but the food and staff were incredible. Kristin was wonderful throughout the entire process and provided excellent recommendations for local Charlottesville vendors. She assisted in each step of the process and made sure no stone was unturned. I planned the wedding from California and she made sure I was taken care of every step of the way. She went above and beyond to ensure our day was nothing short of spectacular. From start to finish, we felt taken care of and that all of our requests were met. The weather was perfect, so we had a large tent outside and tables set up in the main dining area. The outdoor space was perfect for the band and, of course, dancing! I can't emphasize enough how seamless the entire process was and how easy they made everything for us on the day of the wedding. The space and location are beautiful and Kristin and the team are wonderful. You will not regret leaving your big day in Restoration's, more than capable, hands. We wouldn't have had it any other way!

Sent on 02/11/2016

Alexandra · Married on 09/25/2015

Kristin and her team were amazing! We enjoyed every second of working with her. All of our wedding guest were so impressed by the amazing food! The view at Restoration is beautiful - it is nestled right at the foot of the mountains. From signing the contract, to our big exit on our wedding day, everything was so smooth and easy to plan out with Kristin. We could not rave enough about Restoration. We LOVED and enjoyed every second of our wedding day and are so happy with our choice to have it at Restoration. We would HIGHLY recommend Restoration for any of your events.

Sent on 06/17/2016

Lauren · Married on 12/12/2015

3.5

Kristen and the Restoration team were amazing. They took the reigns and our Rehearsal dinner was absolutely beautiful with several creative and personal touches that really made the evening special. The wait staff were exceptionally professional and our guests raved about the food. Everyone at Restoration was flexible and accommodating, a really great vendor to work with. I would recommend them to anyone for event management and/or catering.

Sent on 03/24/2016
  • O

olivia · Married on 05/30/2015

3.0

We had our ceremony and wedding reception at Restoration Hall and it was wonderful! The scenic view was amazing and got comments from all of the guests, especially when everyone gathered outside for sunset. The venue itself was perfect for our theme, with lovely wooden floors and large windows around the entire reception hall. The tented area outside was perfect for dancing and cooling off at the end of the night! Kristin worked with us to make an amazing menu that fit everyone's tastes perfectly. The guests are STILL commenting to us about how delicious our food was! From start to finish, Kristin made sure that we got what we wanted for the big day. If you want a beautiful backdrop for your wedding with delicious food, this is the place for you!

Sent on 06/15/2015