Real Doll Makeup Reviews

Real Doll Makeup 5
Real Doll Makeup 6
Real Doll Makeup 7

Sarah · Married on 09/21/2019

Lauren was amazing! I loved everything about my makeup

Sent on 08/23/2018

Mary · Married on 05/04/2019

Fantastic Makeup Artist

Lauren did a fantastic job beautifying me and my girls for my wedding. I was encouraged by the fact that she offers trials before booking, which not many makeup artists in my area offer. At the trial, and on my actual wedding day, Lauren was friendly and upbeat, immediately putting me at ease. She perfectly captured the look I requested: elegant, soft, and natural. My girls and I had so much fun getting ready with her, chatting and swapping stories while she worked. She did a great job on my mom and mother-in-law, as well as my sisters-in-law: we all looked like us, only better! We've only gotten a few photos of the wedding back so far, but our makeup looks flawless in all of them! My eye makeup even held up the entire day, despite shedding a few happy tears. Lauren is an excellent choice if you're looking for wedding makeup on the natural side that still looks great in pictures.

Sent on 05/22/2019

Emily · Married on 11/04/2018

The best in the business!

Lauren of Real Doll Makeup was so amazing to work with for my wedding day makeup!! My mom and I were both fortunate enough to visit Lauren's fab studio for our makeup trial together, immediately I knew that we had made the right choice with a makeup artist for my special day. Lauren is professional, kind, thorough, knowledgable, and extremely talented. When I told Lauren I wanted a 'rosey glow' as a cohesive theme for my bridal party - she didn't flinch and perfected this look for both me, my mom, and my bridesmaids. My entire bridal party is still raving about how much they loved their makeup. My mom, who is very minimalistic and not as enthusiastic about makeup as I am, especially loved working with Lauren for her "Mother of the bride" look. This speaks volumes about Lauren's talent as she can truly work with anyone and everyone to find the right balance of makeup that compliments them and makes them feel their best. Better yet, everyone's makeup lasted ALL NIGHT LONG. We were dancing and celebrating and only had to touch up lipstick a couple of times. It might be silly, but I was sad when I had to take my makeup off at the end of the night because I loved it so much. I can't wait to work with Lauren again for future events!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Samantha Kennedy · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful Makeup for your Wedding Day Glam

I enthusiastically recommend Lauren and Real Doll Makeup. I found Lauren through a referral from my wedding planner, and it was one of his best recommendations! After my trial, I immediately knew she was the one for my wedding day. On the wedding day, Lauren was incredible, creating different looks for my bridesmaids, parents and grandmother. She took everyone's various styles and made them feel beautiful, confident and comfortable. I cannot say enough great things about Lauren, and will eagerly recommend her to everyone I know!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful Experience!

I had a great experience working with Lauren. She provided excellent value and created a look that fit me, my sister, and my mother perfectly. I worked with her for both engagement photos and wedding photos. Her fake eyelashes worked wonders and the air brushing lasts all day!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Alyssa · Married on 06/30/2018

Lauren was PHENOMENAL! She was so sweet and she is so talented! I searched forever for a great makeup artist and I also wanted someone who was patient as I can pretty indecisive and I wanted someone who would make me not only look beautiful on my wedding day but someone who would make me feel comfortable and special. Lauren exceed every expectation and did an outstanding job. Even before booking her she was so responsive to emails and so flexible and accommodating. We scheduled a trail at her home (she has the cutest home studio!) She was so inviting and friendly and took the time to talk to me about what I was looking for, asked me questions about my skin type and took the time to talk me through step by step and explain products. Lauren did makeup for me and my bridal party, she even brought additional help because I had so many girls. Lauren took care of every detail for the timeline and scheduling so that we would finish on time which was amazing! I even booked her to stay til after pictures for a touch up ( which I barely needed because my makeup stayed perfect). Everyones makeup looked flawless and it was probably the hottest day of the year, through sweat and tears everyone still looked great! She was creative and flexible as I made some changes that morning, she has such a sweet demeanor. I am so glad I found her and I wish I could have her do my makeup everyday! If you are looking for the perfect make up artist do not hesitate to book Lauren, she will not disappoint! Thank you for everything on my day I am still in awe of how great we all looked!

Sent on 08/23/2018
    Real Doll Makeup 8
    Real Doll Makeup 9
    Real Doll Makeup 10
    Real Doll Makeup 11

Veronica · Married on 05/31/2018

Real Doll Makeup is the best Wedding Makeup!!

I cannot say enough good things about Lauren. Brides-to-be, I highly recommend Real Doll Makeup -- you can't go wrong! Lauren of Real Doll Makeup was so thoughtful, professional, precise and talented. She tailored the makeup perfectly for me and my party. She is particularly great at the enhanced, natural look and also suggested ideas that I would never have thought of that worked out so nicely. I started out with another company and did not have a great experience, then I found Real Doll and Lauren exceeded expectations. Lauren is a really calm and sweet personality which makes a difference for starting out the wedding day feeling relaxed. She also gives brides a little touch-up bag for lipstick - very thoughtful. Sending many many thanks to Lauren! I have already recommended Real Doll to friends getting married in the DC area.

Sent on 12/16/2018

Kate · Married on 05/19/2018

Our original make up artist cancelled the week of the wedding and our planner found Lauren. I wasn’t sure what to expect since we didn’t have a trial.... I was blown away with her skills. Lauren made everyone look amazing!!! I love how easy Lauren is to work with and the results are just outstanding. I would recommend her to anyone. You will be so happy with her ability to make you look flawless! She is hands down the best make up artist I have ever used and will continue to use her for events! Thank you for making my wedding perfect!!!

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Real Doll Makeup 12
    Real Doll Makeup 13

Hillary · Married on 05/12/2018

Lauren was an absolute dream to work with from the second I contacted her. She not only was flexible for setting up my trial, but also worked with me the months leading up to my wedding to share tips on skincare and products that can help make me glow on my big day. She is extremely talented and I couldn’t have asked for a better person to make me look beautiful and natural for my wedding. If you’re reading this, don’t hesitate. Lauren is the real deal!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Meredith · Married on 03/03/2018

Lauren is amazing! She worked patiently with me during the trial and helped me find the perfect berry lip. I loved my wedding makeup, and she also did a great job with my mom and sister. Our makeup looked great all day (the airbrush foundation is incredible!). In addition to being a great makeup artist, Lauren was a fun and positive presence on my wedding day. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Kristin · Married on 10/07/2017

Real Doll Makeup (Lauren) was fabulous! Not only did she replicate exactly the look I was going for but she made the logistics a breeze. Lauren was an incredible asset for every member of the Bridal Party too. She was responsive and gave each girl options so they felt and looked gorgeous. Our makeup was natural yet made our best features POP. I highly recommend Lauren, she is worth every penny and literally made me feel flawless on my wedding day. Also, I am biased, but we had a blast day of! She made getting ready SO FUN (even though it does take time!)!!!

Sent on 10/23/2017
    Real Doll Makeup 14
    Real Doll Makeup 15
    Real Doll Makeup 16

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

Lauren is truly AMAZING. She is truly such an amazing person to work with and really does a wonderful job giving you the look you want on your wedding day. I literally danced all night long, and when I look at pictures I'm amazed at how well my makeup stayed on. All the bridesmaids loved their makeup as well and Lauren really helped make everyone feel beautiful on my wedding day!

Thanks so much!!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Kristina · Married on 09/09/2017

Lauren from Real Doll Makeup was such a pleasure to work with during my wedding! She is sweet, caring, calming, and INCREDIBLE at applying the perfect, most natural, but still glam wedding makeup you could want for your wedding day! I'm not the most skilled at communicating my preferences but between the trial and day off, Lauren just "got it" and I've honestly never felt more beautiful. I wish she could do my makeup for me all the time! Plus she's just such a genuine and caring person - I couldn't have imagined sharing the day and makeup touches with anyone else!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Alisha · Married on 05/14/2016

I really enjoyed working with Lauren of Real Doll Makeup. She did a terrific job with me and my bridal party, and made us all look fabulous on my wedding day.

Lauren is delightful to be around -- she's upbeat, complimentary, and easygoing, which are all exactly what you want to boost your confidence and help you feel comfortable about your looks on your wedding day. She's also highly professional -- she knows exactly what she's doing and makes you feel confident in her skills.

During my trial and during consultations before, Lauren did a good job of helping me arrive at the look I wanted. She incorporated the look I described and had included in the photos I showed her, but balanced it with her sense of the right feel for my dress and the vibe of my event. I wanted a more glam look than your typical everyday fresh-faced bridal look, and she was able to navigate my requests with ease. She also incorporated my input rather than acting like the "professional knows best" sort of vendor that ignores what their clients ask for, which I really appreciated.

My bridesmaids didn't come with ideas for how they wanted their makeup done, but a few were reticent about things like false lashes or camera-ready makeup. Lauren did a great job finding looks that worked for them and which made them feel comfortable. They all looked gorgeous after their makeup was done.

Lauren brought an assistant free of charge to help expedite makeup, which I also really appreciated. It was nice that she was cognizant of the timeframe and planned accordingly to ensure that we were on time. Her communications and scheduling were also prompt and professional -- she was an overall pleasure to work with.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Lauren if your girl -- so many of my friends have used her (including myself) and each time she has blown everyone away!!! She will make you and you're bridesmaids gorgeous without fail! And her makeup stays all day long! Also, she is amazing during the process, so so easy to work with, and is such a calming presence on your wedding day. Hiring Lauren is a must on your wedding day : )

Sent on 05/29/2016

Karen · Married on 01/01/2016

Lauren was wonderful to work with and really helped make my vision come to life! And all my bridesmaids and mothers loved their makeup - her assistant was just as proficient and talented!

Sent on 02/15/2016

Reema · Married on 11/08/2015

Lauren of Real Doll Makeup is a true artist! She did my makeup as well as my bridesmaids and my mother’s for my November 8, 2015 DC wedding. The ladies and I were so happy with our look and most importantly, our makeup lasted all day and still looked amazing by the end of the night. Our makeup photographed so professionally in both indoor and outdoor settings—we received so many compliments and felt so special! I highly recommend Lauren if you are looking for a talented, zero ego makeup artist in the DMV for your wedding day. I can’t wait to book Lauren for future events!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Booking Lauren as my bridal makeup artist was one of the best decisions I made during my wedding planning process. She asked all the right questions and was very organized with the booking process. Prior to the wedding, I made a trial appointment with her. I highly recommend doing a trial. It made the makeup process that much more seamless for the wedding day. The week before my wedding she provided me with a final confirmation that included all the day of details, timeline and makeup prep tips, which was extremely helpful. She was punctual and professional on the day of my wedding and she even gifted me with a pouch with products for lip touch-ups and a compact. She was extremely thoughtful and so easy to work with. I'm so glad I booked her for my wedding!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Lauren was so fantastic to work with! From the day I first contacted her months and months before the wedding up until the day of, she was incredibly responsive to all my emails and questions, offered great advice and tips, and was just generally so sweet. After my trial with Lauren, I changed my mind about the look I wanted - and Lauren was so patient and helpful when I sent her tons of pictures. On the day of my wedding, she was prompt and worked both quickly and carefully. All my bridesmaids looked phenomenal, and I was absolutely in love with my makeup look! Just as important, she kept us all calm and laughing and having fun as we were getting ready. Thanks, Lauren - you rock!!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Shelley · Married on 10/17/2015

I highly recommend Lauren. She does great work - whether you have an exact idea of what you want or are unsure of the look you are going for. All of my bridesmaids also loved how their make-up turned out (and I did too!). Her prices are reasonable, you get a great service, and she comes on site (a HUGE plus on a busy wedding day). She is very responsive - gets right back to you no matter how many questions or concerns. She is excellent to work with and also has lots of great hair stylist contacts that she works very well with.

Sent on 02/16/2016

Such a pleasure working with Lauren of Real Doll Makeup. Lauren was incredibly helpful and responsive in planning, and very professional and fun to work with the morning of our wedding. She kept a rather large bridal party to a perfect timeline and actually ended ahead of schedule. My bridal makeup and all my bridesmaids was beautiful and soft, professional without being over the top. I will absolutely recommend her to all family and friends in the future!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Mary · Married on 09/13/2015

Lauren was AMAZING!! She was super sweet and very efficient. She has a great personality and makes you feel comfortable, relaxed, and happy. My biggest fear was not looking like myself on my wedding day since I normally don't wear make up. To say Lauren did a superb job highlighting my natural features is an understatement. The make up was flawless and looked natural yet photographed very well. My now husband who normally hates me in make up even noted how great my overall look looked. My make up lasted the entire day. Even through all the tears, hugs, kisses and sweat from dancing. I would definitely recommend Lauren to all of my friends and family.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Kathy · Married on 09/12/2015

Lauren was wonderful! She did the most amazing job on my bridesmaids and my makeup for the wedding. She was flexible and always responded within an appropriate timeframe to emails. I definitely recommend doing a trial because it gives you and her a chance to find the best look. My makeup was flawless and lasted the entire day and night-dancing and all! She even gave me info for makeup to use everyday. She was super sweet and I would highly recommend her and would definitely use her in the future!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Roma · Married on 08/29/2015

Lauren of Real Doll Makeup is such a talented artist! She did my makeup for my bridal shower and wedding day as well did my mother and sister’s makeup for my wedding day. I could not have been more pleased with how beautiful and different all of the looks were. Lauren gives a great balance of professional and flexible while making the experience fun. She really listens to you and makes sure you look your very best. I was so impressed with how well she changed up my makeup from my wedding ceremony to reception in just a matter of an hour. She made me feel special and gorgeous throughout all of my events. We took photographs both indoor and outdoor and she did the makeup in such a way it photographed exceptionally in both settings. My mom and sister were equally as happy with their looks and it is not easy working with my mother’s blinking! I received so many compliments and really loved how I looked as a bride thanks to Lauren!! I have recommended her to many over the years and am so glad I was able to use her for my BIG Day! I look forward to continuing to recommend her as well use her for future events!!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Real Doll Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review Roma! It was great working with you and your party :) Thanks again for choosing me as your makeup artist!

Morgen · Married on 06/13/2015

I loved my make up done by Lauren! She was attentive and duplicated the look I desired perfectly. The make up was done in a timely manner, and she was a pleasure to spend some time with. She seemed very knowledge of different make up brands, colors, application techniques, etc. I got exactly what I asked for, but better. Lauren was easy to work with and to schedule an appointment with, and her response time was fast. I would definitely want Lauren to do my make up again!

Sent on 06/17/2015