Raspberry Plain Manor Reviews

Raspberry Plain Manor 5
Raspberry Plain Manor 6
Raspberry Plain Manor 7

Jessica · Getting married on 01/03/2020

As a wedding planner, at times, I run into new and exciting challenges! Recently, I was hired to provide day-of coordination services for a couple that needed a venue change TWO DAYS before their wedding! Raspberry Plain Manor, saved the day! Within minutes of me learning about the need for a new venue, I received a call from the RPM staff! They were able to accommodate everything the couple needed. I truly appreciated the help of Angela Han, Admin Coordinator. She made time in her very busy schedule to meet with me for a tour of the grounds. And on the day of the event, she and the RPM staff were available the entire day to assist with anything I needed. Thank you so much for all your help! I can't wait to work at this venue again! Couples, if you need a beautiful venue with great staff, look no further than Raspberry Plain Manor!

Sent on 03/03/2018
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 09/15/2019

Excellent Venue!

So glad we picked Raspberry Plain Manor. It is beautiful, and the staff is willing to bend over backwards for you. Our day of coordinator kept everything running smoothly, and when the person who was supposed to pick up our dog after the ceremony was late, someone from the manor even watched our dog for us so we could get ready to enter into the reception. The food was also great! I would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Stephanie · Married on 08/24/2019

Stunning Venue!

Raspberry Plain Manor is an ABSOLUTELY STUNNING VENUE! The venue was perfect for our wedding. The staff was great, especially our wedding coordinator from Iconic Events Nikki Tran! She really helped make our wedding vision come true, and took care of everything on the day of! The entire day was stress free and everyone was so easy to communicate with leading up to the wedding day. Any change or update we had was accommodated right away. We had around 150 guests and fit comfortably, including a large band and dance floor area! We used the on-site catering company, Gala Cuisine, and people are still raving about our pasta station! I would definitely recommend this venue and planning service to anyone!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Compass Studios · Married on 06/23/2019

This Venue has it ALL

We are wedding photographers/videographers and have worked at Raspberry Plain many times over the past several years. Every time we are so impressed with the staff, how they treat us as vendors, and how beautiful the venue is no matter the weather or time of year. It is really the ideal venue for it's mountain views, breathtaking reception space, gardens, and well-lit bride/groom suites. We absolutely recommend this venue - you are in great hands with Nicholas, Laura, Gala Cuisine, and the rest of the professional staff there.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 04/26/2019

Beautiful Venue!

My husband and I happened to get married on one of those days when the weather did not decide to cooperate... however, we knew we picked a gorgeous venue our family/friends would love regardless of the weather. This location was everything my husband and I could have ever asked for. The space was incredible, the team was easy to work with and the food was delicious (despite being lukewarm about the food at our tasting, EVERYONE was raving about what we picked!) Every detail was beautiful and this venue can be the wedding space of your dreams! The pictures speak for themselves, beautiful ceremony, reception and portrait spaces! Thanks Raspberry Plain Manor!

Sent on 07/08/2019
    Raspberry Plain Manor 18
    Raspberry Plain Manor 19
    Raspberry Plain Manor 20

Sandra · Married on 09/22/2018

Raspberry Plain Manor in Leesburg, Virginia was the perfect venue for our daughter’s September wedding. It was a gorgeous day and everything exceeded our expectations. The venue and surrounding vistas frame an exquisite backdrop for a beautiful secluded wedding and reception.
    Everything from the delicious food to the attentive friendly staff made the wedding day flawless. Bahareh Riahi and her staff paid careful attention to every little detail hence making the manor warm and inviting. We have received numerous compliments from the guest about the venue, food and staff.
    I cannot thank this group of professionals enough for creating such an intimate atmosphere and making our daughter’s wedding one of the happiest days of our lives.
    Many thanks, Richard and Sandy

Sent on 10/05/2018
    Raspberry Plain Manor 21
    Raspberry Plain Manor 22
    Raspberry Plain Manor 23

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2018

We chose Raspberry for our wedding venue and it's absolutely beautiful. The staff is super friendly and helpful. We hired Yolanda as our day-of-coordinator and she was beyond perfect. We had jitters the closer it got to the wedding but she would tell us she had everything under control and she really did. It wasn't just about helping the day of but even before. If for some reason she was;t available , there is always someone to assist. My family and friends loved the venue. We selected the gold package which included plated meal and the drinks we were able to bring ourselves. Everything else is provided for the bar and the servers for the dinner. Everyone was extremely professional and helpful, we are so happy to have been married there. We were going for an outside wedding but it rained and regardless it was still beautiful. They have a beautiful secret garden for pictures, event though it rained we still went and took pictures. So if you are lucky and the weather is nice the pictures will be even more amazing. Truly recommend this venue and we are so thankful to have had Yolanda Briggs as our day-of-coordinator she was amazing.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Spencer · Married on 07/21/2018

Kudos to Sammy and the rest of the staff for making my daughters special day truly special. The views were stunning and the venue was perfect. Even with the torrential downpour that day and fantastic time was had by all. The food was excellent and we received many compliments. Sammy was a pleasure to deal with and communication was excellent throughout. The staff was on top of things and even with last minute changes caused by the rain everything went off without a hitch. I have two more daughters so I am sure we will be there again!! Many thanks!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Haley · Married on 07/07/2018

There are no words to describe the beauty, charm, sweeping views and historic Virginia feel this venue has to offer! I had a very hard time finding a historic manor house type venue that still had a large indoor section to host a big wedding rather than having to use a tent outside. The venue is very clean, beautifully decorated and spacious- our wedding had a final guest count of 146 and we still had a lot of room for guests throughout the house and in the reception area. The floor to ceiling windows offer amazing views of the farmland and mountains behind the house and the secret garden with boxwood bushes to the right side. All guests were blown away by the beauty of this venue and the food from gala cuisine as well! Our wedding planner even said it was the best vendor meal she had ever had. The staff was so helpful, responsive (usually within minutes to hours) to all of our emails and made sure our big day turned out perfectly!

Sent on 07/12/2018
    Raspberry Plain Manor 29
    Raspberry Plain Manor 30
    Raspberry Plain Manor 31

Susan · Married on 07/07/2018

Our daughter selected Raspberry Plain Manor for her wedding. The place has changed ownership over the last few years and the new owner has made magnificent improvements. The venue is gorgeous! We selected their Gold Package which includes full service with food, chairs, tables, linens, etc. The staff is prompt to answer any question left on voicemail or email. Our day went smoothly without any problems. Our guests are still commenting on the great food, service and beauty of the Manor. Thank you Laura, Angela and staff for making the day so special! We would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Hayleigh · Married on 05/19/2018

I had the most magically wedding at Raspberry Plain Manor! All of our guests were raving about the beautiful landscape and historic house! I would absolutely recommend this venue!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Sascha · Married on 04/14/2018

Raspberry Plain Manor was our dream venue! My (now) husband pushed me to look into it, and I was worried it was too big, but it was the absolute perfect match! Laura and Helen were INCREDIBLY responsive and accommodating from start-to-finish! We also worked closely with Sammy and Angela who were so helpful as well! We changed our schedule mid-wedding planning and they were so flexible. Everything went so smoothly and the day was SO easy! My guests loved the venue, loved the lay out, and we can't thank RPM enough!!!

Sent on 04/28/2018

Nancy · Married on 01/20/2018

Gorgeous and Worth Every Penny

First of all this venue is gorgeous! Not only is the newly renovated location (less than a year) beautiful but they have a garden that can also be used in the winter time (evergreens). The made from scratch food is of high end restaurant quality. We needed food would not have high fructose corn syrup and a couple other things because of my husbands fructose intolerance. They were so accommodating that they made all the sauces and salad dressing from scratch. They are not limiting either. They were fine with my husband and his friends flying the drone around. I would say the only somewhat negative thing was that more than a handful of people said they did not get to try our wedding cake. They took it away too quickly. We had a dessert bar that should've been set out a good time after the cake.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Annie · Married on 08/12/2017

Raspberry Plain Manor was incredible. It was the perfect place for my Virginia wedding. Erin & Lauren were so responsive and helpful during the whole planning process. I planned for an outdoor ceremony and it rained all weekend... on the morning of, they set called me and let me know they'd have to set up inside but they also set up outside just in case. The sun came out and I was able to have my ceremony outside because they had gone above and beyond! The food was amazing. I got so many compliments inlcluding one from a caterer friend saying it was the best meal she had ever had at a wedding. The reception was gorgeous and they took care of absolutely everything with my day-of coordinator. I didn't have to worry about a thing! If you're looking for a classic & scenic Virginia wedding, RPM is absolutely the place to go!

Sent on 10/10/2017

What can I say about Maria and her beautiful venue that hasn't already been said! This venue is so beautiful. The first time, my now husband and I went to go take a look, our jaws dropped. It was so beautiful! We saw many many other venues, but always came back to RP, due to Maria's flexibility, pricing and overall beauty of this venue!
    We had our ceremony in the garden followed by our cocktail hour in the back (facing the mountains) and the reception in the great hall. Our guests loved being able to get the different views around the mansion and watching the sunset from within the great hall. Given northern VA's wedding price tag these days, RP is reasonable priced. The size was perfect for our guest count of 120.
    Every time I saw Maria through the wedding planning process, she was so sweet and so helpful with little tips, that helped us save money.
    We could not have been happier with how everything came together our special day, and Raspberry plain was a huge part of it!

Sent on 05/06/2016
  • O

Olubunmi · Married on 11/21/2015

I went to view Raspberry Plain late August for a November wedding. Once I saw the venue, I should have stopped looking but I still made it through the other venues on my list. I ended up booking with them. Maria was quite friendly and flexible and went above and beyond - she was much more than just the venue manager. Our guests raved about how beautiful the venue was, and the pictures are breathtaking. I would highly recommend this venue for any couple.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Wonderful wedding venue. Maria was easy to work with and had a good rapport with her preferred vendors.

Sent on 11/21/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/24/2015

I loved our wedding at Raspberry Plain. We got married on October 24, and the setting was perfect. The fall leaves peaked that weekend, and the views were stunning. Once the sun set, the interior of the Conservatory had a perfect ambiance for our reception. And Maria, the owner, was amazing to work with. I hired her to act as our day-of coordinator, and I'm so happy I did. Throughout the wedding day, my motto was "Ask Maria!" anytime someone had a question about the wedding. That allowed me to relax and spend the morning with my bridesmaids, rather than stressing over wedding details. It was perfect. And as far as I know, everything went off without a hitch. Even when we discovered when it was time to bustle my dress that the lining was too long, Maria was ready with safety pins and had me all pinned up in time for our entrance. I am so, so happy I chose Raspberry Plain to host my wedding, and I highly recommend the venue to anyone else.

Sent on 11/10/2015

I highly recommend Raspberry Plain. It was recommended to me from a friend and I am glad that I went with this venue - as it is beautiful. Although it does cost a pretty penny (but so does everywhere else in Northern Virginia), I think it was worth it for me - especially as a distance bride - and for the use of the carriage house for the exclusive Saturday rental. I think many of the guests were very impressed with the venue and a great time.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Rebecca · Married on 08/15/2015

This venue was perfect for us! We had 160 guests (some with handicap needs), and Raspberry Plain handled it all in stride. We held our cocktail hour out back, but if it had rained, it easily could have been held inside. The hall was picturesque amongst the rolling Virginia hills which made for wonderful pictures. Maria was extremely helpful and accommodating. We have already recommended it to several friends!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Christine · Married on 07/18/2015

We were just married at Raspberry Plain two weeks ago. What a perfect day we had! I am so glad we hired Maria as the wedding coordinator that day, my husband and I had no worries and were able to really enjoy the day. She was reached out many times before the day of our wedding to check up on us and see if we needed anything. Maria communicated with all of our vendors making set up and preparation almost stress free! Maria was patient which I feel like is a true skill when working with brides. Raspberry Plain made our day feel special! Staff was flexible and responsive to us and our guests, so many of our guests complimented the venue. The day was hot hot HOT but the cocktail hour was set up in the shade and guests were free to roam the house if they needed to cool off, AC was on and bumping. The view was flawless and the grounds were immaculate. Like I said, our day was perfect, and I would highly recommend Raspberry Plain!

Sent on 08/03/2015
  • Bill

Bill · Married on 06/06/2015

My daughter was married at Raspberry Plain on June 6, 2015, and both the venue and Maria have my highest recommendation. It is a beautiful place and worked well with all the things we wanted to do. First, it has a great outdoor area for the wedding and a very good inside backup plan. The weather was very iffy in the morning for our 5:00 p.m. service, so Maria and the caterer waited until 3:00 p.m. when it cleared up to make the call so we could have it outside. The weather turned out to be beautiful. If we had been made to decide earlier in the day, we probably would have gone for the backup plan but their flexibility ended up giving us just what we wanted.

We had a cocktail hour outside as well, which was in a beautiful area outside the reception conservatory. Inside for the reception, the layout was great - the tables, dance floor, photo booth, and two bars were all together and very convenient.

We used Maria as our day-of coordinator, and she took care of everything. Her vendor recommendations were excellent - she gave us 2 or 3 or her preferred vendors for each category (caterer, flowers, videographer, DJ, etc) and we choose between them. Many of them had worked together many times before and everything worked seamlessly. Augustin at the Chef's Table was great, and so was Rick's Flowers. We used MSE Productions for both our DJ and our musical trio, and they were excellent as well.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/18/2014

What a breathtaking venue! Very little needs to be done at Raspberry Plain for a beautiful wedding. Maria and her husband, Brian, were incredibly warm and professional, offering great suggestions to enhance our and our guests’ experience. They allowed us to stay until everyone had a ride back (which ended up being about 30 or so minutes after the end of the reception), allowed us to pick up any leftovers the next day, and allowed me to drop off items and set things up ahead of time. Although I did not hire Maria as a coordinator, she was still at the venue on our wedding day to help out with everything. She really lets you make personal touches at Raspberry Plain for a more welcoming and personal wedding. I do suggest contacting them well ahead of your preferred wedding date, to increase your chances of booking (I booked a little more than one year ahead). I cannot count how many compliments I received for this venue and highly recommend booking your wedding there!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Chris and Kellie · Married on 05/10/2014

Raspberry Plain was a beautiful setting for our reception. At a 190 guests, we were definitely at max capacity particularly given the weather. We were not able to have our cocktail hour outside due to the rain. It got very “cozy” when we had to commandeer the front parlor for wedding party pictures. With all the bodies in close quarters, it did get a bit warm. Then, once we moved to the conservatory, it cooled down quickly which worked for us but I know some guests were cold.

Maria was great to work with. We visited the site several times leading up to the event. She was always warm and welcoming. I expected her to be a bit more hands on given the reviews I read, but she was actually very laid back and hands off. I get the feeling she would have quickly gotten more involved if we didn’t have our act together. I particularly appreciated her desire to help us by sharing her experiences with various vendors to make sure we contracted with only the best. In the end, we picked a couple of vendors that were not on her preferred list which she worked well with.

A couple of things about this venue. First, it is more of a rectangle shape with the dance floor and DJ on one side of the room. A couple of our guests mentioned they couldn’t hear the speeches so be sure to work with your DJ and plan for the acoustics of the room. Our DJ was great and it was actually more that the person talking wasn’t holding the mic close enough. Also, since we had 20 full tables, we realized folks sitting in the far back didn’t always see everything going on. This wasn’t a problem but just something for which to plan. We put our “party people” in the back trusting they would not be left out of the festivities. It is a big room with a ton of natural light but not a lot of light at night. We rented 15 up lights, positioning them on each of the columns in the room. It was gorgeous and created a soft, warm ambience. I couldn’t imagine the room without them.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Justine · Married on 12/21/2013

We has an extremely beautiful wedding at Raspberry Plain. We did the ceremony, cocktail, hours and reception indoors. The venue was beautiful and easily accommodated our 140 guests. Maria is very easy to work with and super accomidating. She made sure that everything went smoothly on our big day, I honestly didn't have to worry about anything that day. We hired her to be our day of coordinator and she took care of everything, we dropped things of the day before at the rehearsal and picked up our packed up car the day after the wedding. If you want to work with someone who will make you feel very special and cared for on your wedding day, you should choose Maria and Raspberry Plain.

Sent on 01/06/2014