Rachel Lisa Makeup Artistry Reviews

49 | Cincinnati, OH

49 Reviews for Rachel Lisa Makeup Artistry

Alexis · Married on 05/21/2016

Rachel!

How can I thank you enough?! You are so talented. I felt so beautiful and classic on my wedding day thanks to you. And now, after seeing the pictures -- DAYUM! I AM FEELING MYSELF!!

Thank you for making me look like classic Kennedy-esque bride for one day, and being a calming force during a stressful time. I am so glad to have had you there with me.

You are the highlighter to my cheekbone, the glue to my lash, the pop to my lip....!

Sent on 08/08/2016
  • User5581912 · 2+ years ago

Rachel was very professional and fun to chat with while she applied my makeup for my daughters wedding. I am horrible at applying makeup and of course she knew exactly what colors would look best and found the perfect foundation to compliment my skin tone. She was genius at making my eyes standout without looking like a raccoon! LOVED HER!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/30/2015

Rachel Lisa was an amazing makeup artist who really paid attention to how I wanted to look on my big day and how I wanted my girls to look. She is so fun and personable and uses top notch products that make your face not only look good but feel good. My makeup stayed on all night even with all the sweating I was doing from dancing! I was very impressed and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Anna · Married on 07/02/2015

There are some people you just click with immediately. Rachel is one of them! After asking for a few recommendations, I quickly found that everyone I knew in the Cincinnati area absolutely loved Rachel and her work. It's no easy feat to pull together a full intimate wedding and elopement in just short of a month, but Rachel was available on our date and I am SO thrilled that she was!

We got caught in a crazy rainstorm and some awful traffic on the way to our hotel room and, honestly, I had just a few pre-wedding jitters just a few hours before our ceremony. She instantly put me and everyone in the room instantly at ease with her amazing and fun personality!! She sculpted my face to the gods! I couldn't believe it. I looked like me but so much more glam! My husband told me that he had never seen my makeup done so well! It held up through the most humid of days and I didn't want to take off my face at the end of the night.

There are so many options when searching for your vendors for your wedding. As an event planner and designer myself, I know that your team of vendors is so key to making your day go smoothly. I've worked with so many wonderful beauty pros, but she takes the tiara. Hire Rachel. Her skill and craft is unsurpassed! She'll light up your day and give you such a fun getting ready experience!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Crystal · Married on 05/24/2015

I loved working with Rachel. She is cool, fun, and does an amazing job! I got so many compliments on my make-up and the way she did my girls and mom looked great! She is more expensive than most bridal make-up people but I felt she was well worth it!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Holly · Married on 05/23/2015

Rachel is the most professional and flexible artist that i have found in the Cincinnati area. lending from her years as a celebrity makeup artist in Hollywood she gives the right look for any occasion! she is perfection! period!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Rachel was an absolute godsend! The week of our wedding, I had a horrible hair and makeup trial by a company that I had originally booked. I left the trial in a complete panic, having no faith that this company would be able to give me the hair and makeup look that I had been wanting. I started hunting around the internet for makeup artists that might have availability on such short notice. When I saw Rachel Lisa's page, I knew she would be perfect! And as luck would have it, due to the holiday weekend, Rachel actually had some availability for my bridesmaids and me. Rachel got back to me BY PHONE within 2 hours of inquiring and was so accommodating to my wedding day schedule.

My bridesmaids and I had the BEST time with Rachel on my wedding day! Rachel had us down to her studio and let us hang out, laugh, eat, and listen to music while we got our makeup done. She was able to complete 4 makeup applications in less than 2 hours...it was amazing! And that even included all of the breaks that we had to take for laughing! Rachel was really responsive to our ideas for our makeup and asked a lot of questions to make sure that she was giving us the look that we wanted. It was very easy to see that Rachel is extremely talented...she did not rely on airbrushing for me or my bridesmaids. She was able to hone in on our best features and make them pop. I can say with all honesty that we all looked our absolute best on my wedding day. I cannot thank Rachel enough for her help in coming to my rescue!!! I was so lucky to have her as a part of my wedding, and I highly recommend that you contact Rachel when you are planning your special day!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Rachel was amazing. She made me feel like a queen for the whole time she was with me and well into the night. I would recommend her to everyone I know. She is professional, friendly, and can make your day extremely special by making you look absolutely stunning.

Sent on 06/03/2015

I am SO glad that I hired Rachel for my wedding day! Rachel and her assistant Kara made me, my four bridesmaids, mom, and mother-in-law all feel beautiful that day. She was so supportive of our "Great Gatsby" wedding vision, and helped us to achieve the look we wanted. She made me feel at ease and less self-conscious, which can be a real challenge for me! In order to stay "picture perfect," I also hired Rachel to stay with us until the wedding reception. She was there with us all day to do touch-ups and keep us looking pretty. Her laughter is contagious and she has such a fun personality. My whole bridal party loved her! She is confident, talented, and kind. She was more than a make-up artist that day. She was truly part of the event. I feel so thankful that she was part of our day.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Tina · event on: 10/31/2014

I have worked with Rachel multiple times on photoshoots for my business, Bang Bang Salon. She always goes above and beyond expectation, and is extremely creative and professional. This is my go-to girl. I know that if I have something really important, she will deliver a fantastic product and experience.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Rachel does AMAZING work! I don't normally wear a lot of makeup so I didn't have a good idea of what I wanted. Rachel managed to keep things natural, yet elegant and pretty. The makeup did not look overdone or heavy and it stayed on all night....even after dancing! I didn't need to reapply!

She is professional, personable, reasonable, and most of all....HILARIOUS! She did my makeup along with my bridesmaids and mother and everyone loved her!

Exceptional work with an exceptional personality to boot! Thank You Rachel!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Samantha · Married on 10/18/2014

I could not have asked for a better make-up artist for my wedding. A great idea is that both my mom and I did our trial just a couple days before the wedding date. I HIGHLY recommend this because you will have the same skin tone, hair color and style during your trial as you will on your wedding day. It's also fresh in Rachel's mind :)

But really, if you don't hire Rachel Lisa to do your wedding make-up you will miss out on the best look for your big day and making a good friend. I am not a usual make-up wearing person but I felt so comfortable with Rachel and I only stopped laughing when she had to put lip gloss on me.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Adrienne · Married on 10/18/2014

Rachel Lewis was the makeup artist for my wedding in October. She was prompt, professional, and knows her business well. I was very happy with her services and would recommend her to others. She was quick to respond to my questions before my wedding day and did a beautiful job on my makeup as well as all of my bridesmaids.

Sent on 01/06/2015

Roula · Married on 10/11/2014

Rachel was a recommendation from a friend and I couldn't have been more happy. During my trial it was the first time in my life I had ever looked in the mirror after my makeup artist was finished and been extremely happy with how I looked - to where I didn't want to change a thing!! She captured exactly what I wanted to look like. My pictures turned out flawless and I didn't even look overdone in real life. On top of her talent, Rachel is hilarious and makes you feel so amazing. I highly recommend her for any event. THANK YOU Rachel!!!!! :*

Sent on 11/01/2014

Stephanie · Married on 10/11/2014

Rachel Lewis was amazing!!! She made my family, girls, and me feel so beautiful. She really listens to the look your are going for and follows through.

Sent on 12/13/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/20/2014

I had Kara, one of Rachel's team members, do my makeup as well as my bridesmaids for my wedding day. I was very happy with the results and my makeup looked exactly the same at the end of the night as it did when she finished it that morning! Kara was very open to my suggestions and changes and made me feel comfortable telling her what to change. I felt beautiful thanks to Kara!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Mary · Married on 08/16/2014

Rachael Lisa was absolute joy to work with on my wedding day! From the consultation to the day of the event she was available, responsive, creative, and professional. Her bright personality made the day fun took away a lot of stress. She madeyself, my mother, and my 4 bridesmaids beautiful! I plan in using her for future important engagements and maybe just a few for fun.

Sent on 11/01/2014

Lauren · Married on 08/09/2014

Rachel Lewis did my makeup as well as my bridesmaids and mothers for my wedding day. Everyone was nervous because everyone had previous negative experiences with wedding makeup. Rachel did a wonderful job and everyone was so happy and pleased. Rachel Lewis will do a great job!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Rachel is a true gem. Cincinnati is lucky to have talent like her. I went to a few other makeup artists in the area and was extremely disappointed with the results - until I found Rachel. Not only was she PROFESSIONAL, but she LISTENED to what I wanted, she also made helpful suggestions so that I would look my best on my wedding day. I couldn't have picked a better makeup artist to work with and am extremely pleased with how my makeup looked not only in person, but also in photos. You get what you pay for and in this case, I wasn't taking any risks on my most photographed day of my life. No, she definitely is not the cheapest, nor should she be, but is an investment and a very wise one at that. I would highly recommend Rachel, it's one vendor you won't regret working with.

Sent on 12/11/2014
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 07/25/2014

Rachel was fantastic to work with on my wedding day! She made everyone in my party look glamourous! I wanted a 1940’s glamourous look for my bridesmaids and me that day while still accommodating people in my party who didn’t wear as much makeup. Rachel was able to make everyone look dazzling while at the same time making everyone comfortable with their individual look, even my grandma and my mom. I had considered doing my own makeup with the assistance of my bridesmaids as most of us are pretty makeup savvy, BUT I’m so thrilled that we took the extra step and hired an expert. Our pictures turned out to be gorgeous because of her skills and the day was so much less stressful for everyone, because we just had to depend on her to make us look good. My seven bridesmaids were the 2nd thing I noticed (after my husband, of course) when I got to the alter, because they were stunningly beautiful and dazzling in the candlelight. Thank you, Rachel, for making this girl a very happy bride on my wedding day!!!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Amanda · Married on 07/25/2014

Rachel Lisa is such an amazing make up artist. Not only is she extremely talented, she is so much fun! We had the best time working with her. She did make up for all our wedding party and completely exceeded our expectation for a Vintage glam look. We all totally felt like we belonged in an Old Hollywood film by the time she worked her magic. She went above and beyond to make our experience relaxing, stress free and so much fun. Altogether, the experience was unforgettable and the results were nothing short of AMAZING.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Lindsay · Married on 05/24/2014

You need to book Rachel for your wedding day make-up - here's why:

I am extremely particular, so when it came to selecting my wedding vendors, especially my make-up artist, I wanted to make sure I only hired the best. While researching make-up artists in the Cincinnati area, I came across Rachel's site, and was so impressed by her portfolio, background, and experience, that I booked her without even doing a trial or meeting her - that's how impressed I was. The fact that she had developed her own makeup line (Rachel Lisa Makeup), and had done all of the research and development on the product to make sure they lived up to her high standards was remarkable.

When it came to Rachel doing my make-up, I was nothing short of thrilled. During my trial, when I looked in the mirror at the finished product, I could not stop looking at myself! It sounds funny, but that's how good she is - a make-up genius!! On my wedding day, Rachel not only did my make-up, but she and one of her team members did make-up for all of my bridesmaids, my mother, my now mother-in-law, and now sister-in-law. Everyone was absolutely in love with their make-up, and each woman looked just stunning.

Besides being a Make-Up Artist Genius, Rachel is also an absolute blast to be around. She is hilarious, and I can assure you that you'll enjoy being around her. I had such a great experience with Rachel that I am taking make-up lessons from her, which I am super-excited about.

The bottom line is: Rachel is the best of the best. Trust me, your wedding day make-up is not something you want to skimp on. Rachel will never be the least expensive option, but she is a seasoned professional, and worth every penny. There is definitely truth to the quote, "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional, wait until you hire an amateur." Don't hire an amateur to do your make-up. Hire a professional -hire Rachel Lisa - it's one of the best wedding vendor decisions I could have made!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Rachel Lewis did my make up for myself, my mother and two of my bridesmaids. She did a fantastic job on all of us and I love the way I look in all my pictures! I couldnt have felt more pretty and she came to our hotel to get us ready! Everything with her was fantastic!

Sent on 12/27/2014

Samantha · Married on 11/02/2013

Wow!!! This girl is awesome!!! If you want to feel absolutely gorgeous and have a blast along the way - this is the makeup artist for you. My bridal party and my family had SO MUCH FUN getting their makeup done. Rachel made our pre-wedding party so exciting!

Everyone looked ABSOLUTELY beautiful and RAVED about Rachel!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Katie · Married on 10/19/2013

Rachel is such a sweet and fun girl and is an expert at creating beautiful, flawless looks. She and another makeup artist (also named Rachel) did the makeup for my wedding for myself, 7 bridesmaids and 2 mothers. At first, not all of the bridesmaids wanted to get their makeup done, but when they saw how beautiful her work was they were soon in line to get their makeup done too. I'm so thrilled with the work that she did. I'm also happy with the lipstick and lip gloss that I purchased from her line and will be going back to Rachel to buy more.

Sent on 11/09/2013