Rachael's Custom Events Reviews

Rachael's Custom Events 6
Rachael's Custom Events 7

Lyndi · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Harry Potter Wedding

If you're looking to hire a wedding planner, please do not look any further. Rachael and Tim are the most professional yet down-to-earth people. They made sure every step in the planning process was easy and stress free. Each decision was made with sincerity and grace. I can't say enough about these two wonderful people. We will never forget our magical day!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Lyndi - thank you so much! We loved everything about being your wedding team. The theme was so much fun, and you and Matt are such a wonderful couple.

Suzi Hummer · Married on 05/17/2019

Rachael and Tim, you guys are amazing!

From the very beginning, Rachael and Tim made us feel like we were the only wedding that they were working. They treated us like family. Their attention to detail is what made my daughter’s wedding come together so perfectly. From late night texts (that would often get a call back immediately), to our conversation two days before the wedding ( because Rachael wanted to make sure nothing was causing us any stress), to running the rehearsal and decorating the venue, Rachael made sure that everything we had planned got done. All of their special touches made the day run so smoothly (including lighting literally hundreds of candles in the evening). Rachael even set up a “kids table” with gift bags for each child. Each bag had the child’s name on it and had age appropriate snacks and toys inside. The kids loved their bags and the parents were amazed at the thought put into it.

Rachael and Tim took the worry out of what is often a hectic day for a Mother of The Bride. They truly are the best at what they do!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Thank you so much! We were so happy to be part of Kenna and Gavin's special day - and all that led to their wonderful destination wedding. It makes us happy to know your experience was stress free, and that we helped create that for you.
  • Kenna

Kenna Hummer · Married on 05/17/2019

Best coordinator ever

Rachael and Tim were absolutely amazing. From being so organized, to always calming me down throughout the entire wedding planning process, I am so thankful to have had their help. Their calm demeanor and positive attitudes are exactly what every bride needs when planning their dream wedding. Because of Rachael and Tim, our wedding was the best day ever and we would do it all over again if we could!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Kenna - we loved being part of it all! The setting in California was so perfect for the two of you. We certainly enjoyed the times we traveled to meet and go over details. It turned out to be an amazing and fun weekend. We would do it again, too!

Gavin Smiley · Married on 05/17/2019

Stress-free professionalism

I feel like our lasting memory of our wedding experience would have been completely different if not for Rachel and Tim. Thanks to them, not only was our planning experience SO MUCH easier and stress free, when it came to the day of they let us focus on the most important part, each other. We weren't worried about vendors, our guests getting fed, or our decorations being the way we wanted them. All of it was taken care of without us having to even think about it. We will always just remember how much fun we had, both during planning and during our day. It wouldn't have been the same without them.

Sent on 08/11/2019

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Gavin - you are most welcome! Thank you so very much for the kind words. We loved being part of your day - and all that lead up to it.
  • WhitneyS

Whitney · Married on 05/04/2019

Rachael and Tim are the best

We highly recommend Rachael and Tim for your event. They became like family to us and our wedding wouldn't have been as perfect as it was without them. Everything ran smoothly because of them and we will be forever grateful for their help!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Hi, Whitney - thank you so much! We really appreciate your kind words, and it means a lot that you and Jon felt that way.
  • Justin

Justin Strauch · Married on 04/26/2019

Thank you Rachel and Tim, Everything was perfect!

Rachael and Tim made what we expected to be a stressful destination wedding planning experience relatively stress free. The wedding and reception were perfect and we wouldn't have changed a bit of it. Thank you Rachael and Tim for helping to make our most important day perfect. -Justin and Kristal

Sent on 06/10/2019

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Thank you so much! We are so happy to have been able to help - especially that our negotiations with the venue turned out so much in your favor. You are a wonderful couple and we wish you a lifetime of happiness!
  • Chantal

Chantal Tremblay · Married on 01/04/2019

She made it a wonderful journey!

Being remote, Racheal has always been available and very helpful in this wonderful journey. I came to her with no reference, and never has it been a problem. From the beginning she took charge of everything, securing all aspects of our ceremony. She is surrounded by very competent people, the officiant, photographer florist etc. Together with her husband, made it a memorable event. Thank you!!!

Sent on 01/21/2019
    Rachael's Custom Events 8

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Chantal - it was an honor to be part of your 'secret' wedding! It was a beautiful and intimate ceremony that really touched us.

Jessica · Married on 11/23/2018

Best planners ever

Rachel and Tim were so helpful and professional. We planned our wedding last minute and it was the day after Thanksgiving! She gave me suggestion on where to get my dress steamed and where the groom could rent his tux. She was on top of responding to any question I or (my mother) had! She coordinated day of event and it went swimmingly! ;) Hands down the best team in Las Vegas! I am so grateful that they were available and honesty they made my day the best day ever. It was so magical and fun!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Thank you so very much for your kind words. It was our sincere pleasure to be there for you. It was a great day. We can’t wait to see the pictures!
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/14/2018

Great Help and kept me sane!

My husband and I were planning our wedding from another state and we needed help. I am a bit of a control freak so handing off so much of the biggest day of our lives was hard. As we began to look into planners we found some planners very narrowminded about working with a couple who had non-traditional ideas and spiritual beliefs. None seemed to get our vision or make us feel as relaxed as Rachael and Tim, from the first call with them, I knew we were in good hands.

Through the year of planning, there were times of high stress and a hug from Rachael or a text message letting me know it was going to be ok was just the ticket.

Our venue had a short set up window and everything came out looking wonderful and if any problems came up I was blissfully unaware. Rachael was fantastic about listening to my ideas and blending her decor, ideas etc in with my decor and DIY's. No idea we came up with was too strange and she really helped achieve the look and atmosphere I was going for. She coordinated with our other vendors and everyone was ready to go on time. She even got the DJ to add in a song at the last minute because we didn't realize we needed one for the bridal party to walk in with.

I highly recommend Rachael and Tim especially if you are a non-traditional couple. They are so accepting and easy going and they will make your day even better than you imagine.

Sent on 10/22/2018
    Rachael's Custom Events 9
    Rachael's Custom Events 10

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Melissa - we LOVED working with you and Dan, and your theme/colors were so much fun. It was our great pleasure to make sure your day came together - and make sure you did not stress. Thank you for letting us be a part of it!

Jeanine · Married on 10/06/2018

I learned about Rachael by attending a bridal shower and wedding reception for a very close friend. The events were so lovely that I booked Rachael's Custom Events to work with my daughter for her wedding. Rachael is very professional, responsive, and really seems to understand the importance of that 'big day'. It is so helpful to have someone in your corner who can handle all the details. When you just want to enjoy the event as the bride or the mother of the bride, this is the way to go! She has great ideas, but is also sensitive to what the bride and groom want and making that dream real. If given the opportunity, we would work with her again!

Sent on 03/18/2017

Alyssa · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly Recommend

Rachael and Tim were AMAZING and sooo HELPFUL at my wedding in October. I didn't always follow the traditional wedding concepts and they were great at going with the flow, but also giving me advice when something didn't seem to be quite right. They were always there when I needed them and always answered the phone. They helped me find some microphone supplies I desperately needed and had a low budget for. I didn't want to pick out music for the ceremony or during dinner and they hand music ready to go for me. I did a lot of planning myself, but when it came to the Day-Of I didn't have to worry about anything but getting ready and practicing my vows. They handle it all and helped me create the wedding of our dreams. Thank you Rachael and Tim for all that you did!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Jess Galanes · Married on 09/22/2018

Great experience

We had found Rachael online, we got married in Vegas and live in the Chicago area. We were so pleased over the professionalism of Rachael and her husband Tim. My husband and I are were kinda clueless and where to start to plan a destination wedding. Rachael was really good on giving us great advice and guidance. Although we had struggled with a venue cancellation, our wedding ended you being a hit. Rachael and Tim were very attentive and made sure our reception space was set up quickly and correctly (the venue only gave them 30mins to do so). They even helped in moving a lagging wedding party along when they had over stayed their time in the ceremony space. They were great on being able to do all the things we couldn't because we live in Illinois. I can't thank Rachael and Tim enough for helping and giving us piece of mind for wedding.

Sent on 01/23/2019
    Rachael's Custom Events 11

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Hi, Jess! Thanks to you and Matt for having us along on your journey! It was a spectacular day, and we enjoyed every minute along the way!

Lydia Jones · Married on 09/15/2018

Wedding Angels

Rachael and Tim Johnson were incredible!!! Aside from thoughtful and specific recommendations, they provided much needed encouragement throughout the planning process when we felt overwhelmed. You can FEEL how much they truly care about helping you to create the wedding day that reflects what's important to you as a couple. Their organization, attention to detail, and commitment to excellence and executing our vision was a tremendous stress reliever, which enabled us to be fully present and savor our rehearsal dinner and wedding: our day could not have been more perfect

Sent on 11/02/2018

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

We loved being there for you and Aaron! It was such an amazing day and great journey. We know you will have a lifetime of happiness!

Katia · Married on 09/08/2018

At first, we were on the fence on hiring wedding planners because of the extra cost. However, we can confidently say that hiring Rachael and her husband Tim was one of the best decisions we have ever made! They were amazing and very professional wedding planners. They were timely on their responses to any questions we have and punctual whenever we would meet! Also, they pitched in some great ideas for our wedding and gave us some helpful advice on how to stay on our budget.

On our special day, Rachael and Tim worked together to make sure everything was on time and the event is running smoothly. They really went above and beyond what we asked them to do and they will make sure you too are well taken care of and would not have to worry about anything!

Sent on 09/29/2018
    Rachael's Custom Events 12
    Rachael's Custom Events 13
    Rachael's Custom Events 14
    Rachael's Custom Events 15

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Katia and Axl - we thank you for your kindness. We enjoyed your event and being on your wedding team! Thank you for trusting us.

Ben · Married on 08/04/2018

AMAZING!!! We had an absolutely phenomenal experience with Rachael & Tim. We worked with them for 6 months, planning our Vegas wedding remotely (we're from MN), and it was a blast! We're about the worst planners (and best procrastinators) and they made sure everything went off without a hitch! They made everything so easy on us. We even had our original venue (and caterer) cancel on us SEVENTEEN DAYS before our wedding, and Rachael had it figured out in less than 24 hours! Everything was beautiful and we did zero set-up or take-down. Tim was our DJ and the music was spot on! All we had to do was enjoy our day. We had the best day of our lives, and it's all thanks to Rachael and Tim. Seriously, can't recommend Rachael's Custom Events highly enough! Thank you both for going above and beyond for us. We'll never be able to thank you enough! #cheeseburgers ;)

Sent on 08/23/2018

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Ben - we had so much fun working with you and Echo. The pics of the cheeseburgers came out great - your reaction to my surprise was really rewarding for me. It was an honor to be part of your squad!

Eric · Married on 06/30/2018

Rachael and Tim were our wedding planners and they did an amazing job. We held a 4 day event in Eden, Utah. It was Thursday evening thru Sunday morning with 110 guests in attendance.

The entire weekend went amazingly smooth and we owe so much of that to Tim & Rachael. They brought a ton of decorations with them, they set up each venue throughout the weekend, took down each venue, organized all of the decorations and decor.

They came out and walked the venue with us prior to the event. They helped design the whole theme, the reception, center pieces, table set ups... They helped us find vendors.

They clearly have a ton of experience with weddings and thought of things we would have completely missed.

I would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding who needs someone in their corner.

Thank you so much Rachael and Tim. It was the wedding of our dreams and we never could have done it without you. You're the best!

Sent on 07/10/2018
    Rachael's Custom Events 16
    Rachael's Custom Events 17
    Rachael's Custom Events 18
    Rachael's Custom Events 19

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Eric - it was a great honor to have been a part of your wedding weekend. You and Josephine are a truly wonderful couple, and it has been a wonderful adventure!!

Adriana · Married on 06/09/2018

Rachael & Tim are beyond wonderful, and we really enjoyed working with them!

Through our many phone conversations before the wedding, we could tell that Rachael & Tim are very passionate about wedding planning. Chase and I thought we were well organized and thought through the details and logistics, but Rachael & Tim helped us think through and plan for so much more! We realized how much we did not consider and we were so happy that Rachael & Tim were helping us!

They were just overall fantastic and helped the wedding day go smoothly even with everything Mother Nature threw at us and unforeseen schedule changes. Our ceremony start time got pushed back, and Rachael & Tim handled it wonderfully; they kept us calm, planned ahead for the remaining day-of schedule, and got our schedule back on track without feeling rushed.

We would highly recommend Rachael & Tim to anyone planning a wedding! They are fantastic wedding planners and even better people!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Adriana and Chase - WOW. You two are so in love and sweet. We had a great time with you. The vineyard was such an amazing backdrop - the whole day was breathtaking. We were honored to be there for you!

Georgia · Married on 05/30/2018

Rachael and Tim were amazing throughout our wedding planning. Rachael was so friendly and helpful giving us tips and info as we were planning from the uk. We hired wedding decorations separately and she meet us to collect everything some where that was good for us. We wouldn't of had a beautifully decorated room without them. Thank you so much

Sent on 07/21/2018

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Georgia - thank you so much! You had such a lovely intimate event. It was an honor to be a part of your destination wedding!

John · Married on 05/25/2018

Rachel and Tim were great and at the end, my now wife and I are glad that we picked them to be our wedding planner. They were on top of their game. They took care of everything on the wedding day and they made sure that everything is going as planned. Tim even stepped up as our MC in the reception even though it is not what we planned. We are really thankful. If there is anything it would be the budgeting. My wife and I came to rachel to help us budget the wedding from the very beginning. At first we dont know everything that is to be spend but there was a misunderstanding and did not take into account other possible options in the wedding like fees for DJ, gifts and favors. We were a bit overbudget but it is expected for events like weddings. Overall, rachel and tim are great planners that just obviously want to help couples out. I highly recommend them and my wife and I thank them from the bottom of our hearts.
    -John

Sent on 05/28/2018

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

John - thank you so much! It was a wonderful day - you and Dionne looked so happy. It was touching so see.

Steven · Married on 04/20/2018

I was working with another wedding planner from outside Vegas when my wedding planning went into crisis mode. The venue we contracted with six months out cancelled less than 90 days out. I had worn out my fingers Googling for another venue, found one, and wasn't sure if it was the only thing out there. I contacted Rachel and Tim, and they said "Yes, that is the best of what you are looking for." So it gave me great peace of mind that I had done the best I could do on limited information. Great people. Kind and supportive.

Sent on 02/12/2018

Greg · Married on 02/24/2018

Rachael's and her team were wonderful to work with and the made our daughters wedding very special

Sent on 02/26/2018

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Greg - thank you! Candice was a dream bride to work with, and we thought the day was very special. We appreciate being a part of making it so.

Alexandra · Married on 02/10/2018

I am from Texas and was trying to plan a Vegas bachelorette party for my best friend. After saving a million pins (on Pinterest) of how I wanted the suite decorated I realized there was NO WAY id be able to get all the balloons and decor onto the plane so I decided to hire Rachael. Thank GOODNESS I did! she is absolutely amazing! I highly recommend her. She went way-way above and beyond my expectations. She should have charged me more!! She thought of everything and more. We had balloon letters saying "From Miss to Mrs", champagne, orange juice, 150 balloons in rose gold, blush, white, and pink. They covered the entire suite!! There were even cupcakes and snacks! Not to mention surprise games and party favors. Everything was adorable. I also must speak of how much she truly cares. I am not the easiest client to deal with, I admit it, and she was more than patient with me. She also really paid attention to my notes. I was fairly specific about what I wanted and she nailed EVERYTHING perfectly! The bride said "I wish she were in Texas so she could do the wedding" hahaha. I can not say enough good things. Hire her. You won't be let down.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the very kind words! I loved being your 'boots on the ground' and helping with the surprise.

shelly · Married on 01/13/2018

We hired Rachael as our wedding planner the summer before our wedding. She planned and executed our dream wedding in six months. We got married on January 13 at the Las Vegas golf club and the day went smoothly thanks to Rachael. Rachael is very well organized and very knowledgeable about the wedding industry. I requested that our wedding be simple but still be nice for our guest to enjoy celebrating with us. She managed to give me a simple, elegant wedding on an extremely tight budget. I would not have been able to pull it off on my own. Having a wedding planner to coordinate on the day of the wedding was priceless. I was able to enjoy my day with my guest and let Rachael worry about all the little details. I would fully recommend hiring Rachael as your wedding planner!!!

Sent on 03/14/2018

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Thank you so much! You and Joe were so easy to work with. We appreciate you trusted us with your Wedding - and everything leading up to it.

Matthew · Married on 01/06/2018

Rachael and Tim were absolutely amazing. They understood completely what we really needed out of the simple wedding we had hoped for. WE had many calls leading up to the event to make sure everything was taken care exactly the way we wanted it. They made the day an absolute breeze and helped with decor to keep costs down. They sacrificed some of their personal time to make our day easier and made the trip to attend our ceremony. We could not be happier and would recommend them to anybody regardless of wedding size or location.

Sent on 02/18/2018

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Matt - we so enjoyed being a part of your wedding! You and Lauren are a wonderful couple. Durango, CO was so beautiful, and what a setting for an outdoor ceremony. Thank you for bringing us along!

Pam · Married on 12/16/2017

As being an “out of state,” (Oregon-Nevada) mother of the bride, you can imagine my anxiousness as my daughter’s wedding day approached. At my insistence, my daughter looked for a wedding day-of-coordinator. She was excited to find Rachael and said, “Mom, you’ll love her!”
    I too found Rachael to be reassuring, professional, detail oriented and an excellent communicator. She made sure Jessica and Tim’s wedding day was everything they had envisioned and more.
    Since the wedding, I’ve received many compliments from family and friends remarking how beautiful, heartfelt and fun the wedding and reception turned out. One of the many perks of having Rachael as our coordinator; I was able to relax and enjoy my daughter’s wedding day! Thank you Rachael!
    Rachael was a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend, “Rachael’s Custom Events!”

Sent on 02/25/2018

Rachael's Custom Events's reply:

Pam - thank you so much! We were so happy to be a part of Jessica and Tim's day. It was a wonderful event! One of my favorite moments was you walking her down the aisle - the way you looked at her was truly a special mom/daughter moment.