Power Sounds DJ Service Reviews

Power Sounds DJ Service 6
Power Sounds DJ Service 7

Brittany · Married on 03/02/2019

Best DJ Ever

Amazing!! If I had to describe our experience in one word. Very family oriented and welcoming. I wouldn’t have had it any other way. They knew how to keep everybody going and up beat. I can definitely tell that they take pride in what they do and enjoy making the experience more than just “a job”. At the end of the day they became family and that’s exactly what you want!! Cheers to the next couple that gets the pleasure of having you guys. I will definitely be recommending you guys in the future.

- Aaron & Brittany Rios

Sent on 03/26/2019
    Power Sounds DJ Service 8
    Power Sounds DJ Service 9
    Power Sounds DJ Service 10

Justin · Married on 11/19/2018

Best guys in the whole DJ industry !

They are way more than a DJ service. These men know how to walk a bride through her big day and take care of every detail. I didn’t have a wedding planner, but having these two wonderful men by my side made me feel confident and comfortable that I knew my wedding would be taken care of. Matthew is a very talented young man and he knows how to keep the beats coming so that our guest stay on the dance floor. I have complete trust in their ability to bring a party and make your special day the best. They are easy to work with and are ready to offer any advice. Choosing them was the best decion I made apart from marrying my husband. They just made everything better.

Sent on 11/25/2018
  • Marisa

Marisa Dyer · Married on 11/16/2018

It felt like they were family

I can't tell you enough how much we loved our DJs! These guys were amazing and took the time to ensure everything went smoothly. They went far beyond their own duties to help make our night was so incredibly special. They think of every detail during planning so that you have nothing to worry about on the actual day. Thank you Power Sounds!!

Sent on 11/23/2018

Layla Abed · Married on 11/04/2018

Amazing experience from start to finish!

I’m a dancer and needed good music on my wedding day. This duo made it happen! It was non-stop fun from the first song to the last. David was very responsive to every email with questions I had. He was timely the day of the wedding. The setup was great outside and inside. Our guests could not stop raving about our DJs and neither could we.

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • David

David Araiza · Married on 10/06/2018

Power sounds is a class act! Look no further

We were turned onto Powersounds through our photobooth. Powersounds is family operated and they were all awesome. Powersounds felt more like family than one of our vendors. They did an excellent job keeping everything on schedule and more importantly, keeping everyone on the dance floor. They have excellent sound quality, amazing uplights, fantastic music taste and are an overall great pick. We HIGHLY recommend!

The Araiza’s

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Power Sounds DJ Service 11
  • CHRISTINA

CHRISTINA · Married on 09/29/2018

Music had everyone out on the dance floor!

Every vendor hired is essential to a dream wedding. When booking a photographer, if you book the wrong one, you are risking not having photos to remember your wedding. And so, when choosing a DJ you risk having a dull, or overly talkative disk jokey who could ruin the flow of your wedding. Well, David and team were just excellent! From the interview process to the day-of, they're so easy to work with. The music selection process is clear-cut. You tell them what to play or not, and they'll stick to the list. The process of moving the events along went so smooth that it almost felt natural. The music they played in between our own selection had the entire wedding guests out jumping and dancing on the dance floor. In addition, previous to hiring Powersounds, I had been worried about the DJ taking the spotlight or having wires and cables exposed. I wanted a clean look throughout the venue and David delivered. The DJ table was hidden with a pretty white facade. You could even choose a color to go with your theme. I opted for simple white. The dance floor had no exposed cables avoiding tripping hazards and was well lit with the lighting they provided. The spotlighting/ or overhead (not sure of the name) provided extra lighting for our photos (see attached). Overall, I have nothing bad to say. Not even a suggestion! That's how good they are!. Thank you, gentlemen, for the excellent service!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Katrina · Married on 09/09/2018

Best decision! They did an amazing job blending all types of music and kept everyone dancing all night. They were very responsive to our needs and most importantly listened. They carried out our vision so wonderfully, we couldn’t be happier!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Alejandra · Married on 09/01/2018

Hiring them was the best decision! Guests of all ages kept dancing all night long, they helped me stay on schedule, guided me and were SUPER flexible with the time from beginning to end. I am super thankful for this great family business.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Brian · Married on 08/24/2018

This team was so amazing! We must’ve changed our plans about 4-5 times and they were so responsive and happily supported every change. Their professionalism is unparalleled! Even during the wedding they made sure everything we (bride/groom) needed or wanted was met. I know we weren’t the easiest clients and they truly helped make our wedding a stress free one! I 100% recommend this team!! - A personal thank you to them for everything!!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Maddy · Married on 05/27/2018

I couldn’t be happier with Power Sounds service!! They were so flexible and so engaging with the guests. It made everything so light and fun! They kept everyone (and I mean every one of my 300 guests) on the dance floor. When I ask my friends their favorite part of the wedding they all say the music / dancing :) HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Debra · Married on 05/20/2018

Purchased the $2K package and got a military discount from this awesome team. I do all my research on everything I buy (product or service) and the same name on "THE BEST" DJ Service kept coming back to 'Power Sounds DJ'. From the 1st meeting to the breakdown after our event, EVERYTHING was done in a very professional, courteous and efficient manner. My guests, who danced the night away to the awesome music and talents of our DJ, as well as my husband and I, were 'extremely' happy with our DJ choice and HIGHLY RECOMMEND them as THE BEST, most GIFTED, CLASSY, yet down to earth and PROFESSIONAL DJ service in San Antonio, TX and the surround area. Thank you David, Matt and Evelyn for helping to make our special day EXTRA special with your incredibly exceptional service. Hugs! Debbie & Miguel

Sent on 09/30/2018
    Power Sounds DJ Service 12

Kevin · Married on 04/07/2018

David and Matthew did a fantastic job - we really enjoyed the time they took to meet with us to make sure everything went smoothly!! What a first-class operation, from start to finish!! Highest recommendation!!!!!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Nancy · Married on 02/17/2018

Our wedding was February 17th of 2018. Power sounds was our DJ he was a perfect addition for our wedding! He kept everyone entertained and having such a great time on the Dance Floor! They are very professional, down to earth and easy to talk to! They did a wonderful job! Thanks again Cord and Nancy Ybarra

Sent on 02/21/2018
    Power Sounds DJ Service 13
    Power Sounds DJ Service 14
    Power Sounds DJ Service 15
    Power Sounds DJ Service 16

abigail · Married on 11/18/2017

Power Sounds DJ Service did an excellent job at our wedding. From the moment we met them, they were professional, personable, and incredibly responsive when we had many questions during the planning process. David truly went above and beyond to make sure that the day of was perfect. Aside from playing great music that kept our guests dancing all night, they were great on the mic when it was time to announce the bridal party and any other activities during the night. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Debra · Married on 10/28/2017

David was fantastic! He covered our ceremony and reception music for our wedding. We didn’t have a coordinator but David went beyond and gave us peace of mind. He helped us timeline everything and kept us on track. He was very professional and always available for any questions. David definitely gave us peace of mind in a very stressful day. We were so pleased with all the music he played and the sense of professionalism he brought to wedding.

Sent on 09/19/2018
    Power Sounds DJ Service 17
    Power Sounds DJ Service 18
    Power Sounds DJ Service 19

Liseth · Married on 10/21/2017

David and his son are very professional and organized. David had great communication from day one. He goes above and beyond to make your day special. Thank you so much for being party of our wedding. Will definitely be referring to friends and family for future events.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Evelyn · Married on 08/19/2017

Power Sounds went above my expectations. I had been searching for a DJ for a month or so and came across Power Sounds. I called and spoke with David who was very quick to answer all of my questions. David and his wife even went out of their way to meet me and my husband and discuss what they offer along with answering any additional questions we had. I think building rapport with a client is a must have. Other DJ services were great too but having a sense of comfort up front is really important to me. In addition to that, Power Sounds was able to work with me on adding additional features such as up lighting which really set the mood. When my Wedding Day finally came I was able to see my venue before anyone walked in. I chose the Westin for my venue which is really nice but the color scheme of the carpet clashed with my wedding colors. When I walked in the ballroom, I saw how transformed the room looked after adding the up lighting. The up-lighting was beautiful and I could hear the music choices I chose playing for our guests during the cocktail hour in the pre-function location next door. We had a 1920’s themed wedding so a mix of modern swing and jazz set the tone that I wanted. Details detail details. If you’re looking for a great emcee, David does a great job at that as well. Someone has to run the party ;) Later as the evening progressed my guests danced the night away and had so much fun. No need to look anywhere else, this is your stop! Enjoy :)

Sent on 09/08/2017

Robbie · Married on 07/22/2017

David and his team are incredible! From the time we initially contacted him for our wedding, to the last song he played, he was outstanding. David is a true professional with great music expertise. He kept our guest on the dance floor the entire night. When it came to finding the right music for our event, not only was he exited, but made sure all of our requests were met. The DJ service packages he offers are worth more than what you pay for. Our package came with a monogram and when we did not find what we were looking for, customizing one for our event was a breeze. David responded quickly to our request and changes to the customization until it was exactly what we envisioned. Lastly, Power Sounds DJ is truly a DJ for all, since our event was a Gay Wedding. And for that we thank you a million times over!

Sent on 07/29/2017
  • F

Felise · Married on 07/07/2017

I am so so thankful I hired David for my wedding. I didn't have a wedding planner and depended on him a great deal to make the announcements that would keep the flow and schedule on our wedding day. He did an excellent job. The music was on point, the lighting was beautiful, he read the crowd well and knew when to switch it up or what to play to get people on the dance floor. He also did my ceremony music and was on point with that as well. He was quick to respond to my emails and edited the first dance and mother/son dance as I wanted and even better! I would highly recommend him. For everything he does and the top notch service he provides- the money you spend with him will be worth every cent and EXTREMELY reasonable compared to many other DJ's.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Tiffany · Married on 06/17/2017

They are a great DJ service! I would highly recommend them for any event. Very friendly and they're all about the clients! :-) would use them again in the future :)

Sent on 07/25/2017

Megan · Married on 05/27/2017

David and Matt Depaz are such amazing DJs. They took my ideas of music I wanted at my wedding and they gave me ideas and suggestions that went along with my ideas. At the actual wedding I know sometimes it can be hard to read people and play what everyone wants to play but I think they did such a great job of playing a little bit of everything and keeping everyone happy. Another thing was their uplighting! Amazing colors and it made my rooms atmosphere change completely! It went from an average church hall to a reception area that didn't look like had been there for 50+ years. They also have the name monograms which was a huge hit and everyone at my wedding was asking where I got it done. Wonderful ideas, wonderful people to work with, and they made my night one that I will never forget!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Megan · Married on 05/27/2017

David and Matt Depaz were amazing DJs at my wedding. I was able to give them ideas I had and they were able to make suggestions and add on as needed. They played a little bit of everything and could really feel the energy from the crowd (which can be hard to read). They kept the party going and there never was a dull moment. They made my hall look beautiful with the uplighting and the monogram of our names. Everyone enjoyed the experience and I highly recommend these guys to do any event. They were super flexible and I never had an issue or concern.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Cheryl · Married on 05/06/2017

David was amazing! Extremely professional and helpful/flexible with everything. His booth set up is awesome looking. Hands down the best DJ we could have had! So thankful for my experience with Powersounds!

Sent on 05/18/2017

Dave and his son were awesome, extremely professional and had all of the guest on the dance floor all night long. Even though it ended at 11pm, it still felt as if we went all night long having fun. They really do read audiences and play what they feel what will get guest on the dance floor. The only complaint my wife had was they didn't play the entire must play list but even she admits that the fact that the guest enjoyed the music so much it definitely made up for that. Overall we are extremely satisfied with choosing them as our DJ's for our very special day we had. Thanks Dav and your son! We definitely reccomend them for all types of events!!!

Sent on 03/04/2017

Cipriano · Married on 12/17/2016

David and his Assistants are True Professionals--since making initial contact with Power Sounds DJ Service, David made the whole process very convenient and flexible only requiring a down payment and allowing us to make payments as we neared the event-date. Please note, Power Sounds accepts credit card payments in-person or over the telephone; also, as part of the service, we were provided a very detailed and handy wedding planner that allowed us to specify types of music that we preferred; when certain activities would take place throughout the night; and even designate specific songs for specific time-periods/ activities throughout the night! Even more, our DJ Service came with a personalized monogram that we chose and which David displayed all night during our Wedding. And the quality of music and actual DJ-ing was exceptional--all in all, David and his crew did a wonderful job and met all expectations for our wedding!

Sent on 12/29/2016