Poetically Brushed, Hair & Makeup by Kimberly Reviews

Poetically Brushed, Hair & Makeup by Kimberly 4
  • Keira

Keira · Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing!!!!!

Kim is simply outstanding. I cannot say enough good things about her. She is a true professional and artist and she will make you feel your most beautiful self for your wedding day. Kim is very easy to get in contact with and extremely helpful. She was able to listen to the ideas that I had and create exactly what I had in mind for myself. My hair and makeup stayed flawless throughout the entire night, even outdoors for some pictures in the rain. I HIGHLY recommend her.

• Chelsea

Chelsea Durbin-Jenkins · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing Experience!

Perfect!! I couldn't have asked for a better option when it came to hair and makeup for my wedding day! Kimberly and the girls with Poetically Brushed were amazing! I actually found Poetically Brushed through a recomendation from my photographer and I am so happy I did! My wedding hair and makeup was perfect, and my entire bridal party looked gorgeous! These girls came out on a very chilly winter day and worked so hard to make my day wonderful! If you are looking for a fantastic team full of talent and professionalism look no further than Poetically Brushed!

• jen.house13

Jen · Married on 10/07/2018

Kim is incredible! She and her assistant, Crystal, did an amazing job with mine, my mom's, and my bridesmaids' hair. Kim was understanding and accommodating of some minor last minute changes to the schedule, and got through everyone in the wedding party in a timely manner. My makeup stayed on through my emotional ceremony and lasted long after the reception had ended! Highly recommend going with Poetically Brushed, you won't be disappointed!

• Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 09/07/2018

Kim did my hair and makeup for my wedding day, as well as for one of my bridesmaids and my mom, and it all turned out perfectly. We had a trial several months before, and there were only a few small things that I asked to change. And then it was all perfect the day of. She is a great person to have in the dressing room on such an important day. I loved it all!

Poetically Brushed, Hair & Makeup by Kimberly 5
    Poetically Brushed, Hair & Makeup by Kimberly 6

Jessica · Married on 07/21/2018

As someone who planned a MD wedding all the way from MN, I can't say how great it was to work with Kim. From the beginning, she was flexible and responsive to all my e-mails. We were able to schedule my makeup trials way in advance so I would be in town. Then, during the week of the wedding, Kim was also so awesome being flexible when I had to cancel my hair trial because of work so she came early the day of the wedding to make sure my hair was exactly what I envisioned. On the day of the wedding, DC had historic levels of rain. Kim not only made my makeup and hair so beautiful, but she also made sure to use waterproof makeup as much as possible and extra hair products to help my naturally straight hair hold volume and curls. My mom and I got so many compliments the day of the wedding and I can't thank Kim enough!

Rachel · Married on 06/23/2018

I am so impressed with Kim and her hair/makeup skills! She made me look glorious on my wedding day and all of my girls loved their hair. I met with Kim to do a hair trial and at first I loved the look but after wearing it for a day I knew I wanted something different. Kim was super flexible and just wanted to make sure I was happy with the look. I did not do a makeup trial but Kim made me look like a goddess on my wedding day! I am so happy with Poetically Brushed :)

Kara · Married on 06/14/2018

Kim and her coworker Jamie did such a great job on hair and makeup for the wedding! Kim had done my hair once before at a friends wedding, so I already knew I loved her work. I didn't know how great of an experience it would be to work with her, though!

We did a trial run at a salon where Kim works, and I decided I needed to do a second trial run to try a different style. This was probably annoying, but Kim scheduled a second trial with no hesitation for both me and my mother and she even came to my mother's house to do it (since it's hard for her to get around). We really appreciated that.

I couldn't have been happier with how my hair turned out on my wedding day. It was picture-perfect! All of my bridesmaids, mother-in-law, and aunt were also very happy with how their hair turned out and were so impressed they had to give little-to-no direction on how they wanted to look.

The same was true for their make up. Everyone looked beautiful and felt so confident going into the big day. Kim and Jamie traveled to make it to our wedding (Chestertown, MD) and I was really happy they were willing to do that.

I had a great experience with Poetically Brushed and can't say enough good things about them!

Thank you!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Poetically Brushed, Hair & Makeup by Kimberly's reply:

Thank you Kara! I've been seeing a couple sneak peeks from the wedding day, and you look so incredible!!!! It was amazing working with you again, you girls were so fun and easy going to be with, it was so great! I wish you all the best! Thank you lovely!

Madelyn · Married on 06/08/2018

Kim and her team were absolutely amazing!! I had myself and five girls who needed full hair and makeup, plus the mother of the bride had her hair styled. Kim did a fantastic job working with all the different hair and skin types to bring a natural, yet polished look to the bridal party. Not only that but they were the sweetest women and fit in very well with my bridal party! We had a great morning laughing and joking while getting our looks completed, and I can assume that these ladies would fit in effortlessly with most groups! I am extremely happy with how our looks turned out, and I will definitely be keeping Kim in mind for future hair and makeup needs!

Shannon · Married on 06/03/2018

Kim and her crew are absolutely, hands down, fantastic! She has done my wedding and several of my friends weddings, and I highly recommend her! She is willing to meet to do trail make up and hair before the wedding. Kim is so sweet and is willing to work with you to make your day as special as possible.

Kasey · Married on 02/18/2018

I loved working with Kim! The hair and makeup styles she did for me were absolutely beautiful - throughout the night, I had guests coming up to me and asking me to turn around so they could get a good look at my hair! Kim was relaxed, and she and Ashley arrived on time and worked to make sure everyone looked stunning. They were relaxed and contributed to a happy and peaceful environment the morning of the wedding. Hiring Poetically Brushed was one of the best decisions I made in wedding planning!

Jordan · Married on 10/21/2017

Kim was the best! She did an incredible job on my hair and my attendant's hair for my wedding day. Everyone looked beautiful (and most important, felt beautiful). Kim was responsive, flexible, and on time, and I am so glad we chose her to be part of the wedding day!

Amanda · Married on 09/23/2017

Provides great hair and make up service. Kim and her team we friendly and did amazing jobs! Recommend highly!

Poetically Brushed, Hair & Makeup by Kimberly 7
    Poetically Brushed, Hair & Makeup by Kimberly 8
  • tacticalturtle1991

Michelle · Married on 09/16/2017

I had originally hired someone else for my wedding hair and makeup. I was not sure about their skill level and was browsing wedding wire and found Poetically Brushed & Kim. I instantly forfeited my deposit elsewhere and went with Kim. She is SO talented and is so personable and kind.

Kim and her team made me look and feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. Kim knew my vision from the beginning and totally went with it. When I decided last minute to redo my makeup trial due to not wanting a spray tan anymore she was so accommodating and got me in for a second makeup trial. The day of my wedding Kim was on time and got everyone's services done with plenty of time to spare, and took their visions and made them look awesome!!! I cannot say enough great things about Kim, she was such a pivotal piece of my wedding and it would not have been the same without her. Highly recommend.

Jessica · Married on 08/12/2017

AMAZING!!!!!! Kim and her girls are absolutely wonderful the day of my wedding this August. Not only are their hair and makeup styling skills incredible, they are very very relaxed, easy to work with, accommodating, and fun! That is HUGE when you are getting married and need to have someone calm by your side and get along with a group of your girls. Kim made me feel absolutely beautiful and went exceeded my expectations for the romantic, natural, loose updo with flowers. It was more than perfect and I am so glad I found her. My girls also felt the same and we now follow them all on social media because they're awesome! To a bride who is worrying about expenses, cut money elsewhere. Hair and makeup are so important for your ONE special day. I've never felt so beautiful and I recommend Kim and poetically brushed wholeheartedly!!!! :)

Julia · Married on 08/06/2017

Kim and her team are absolutely wonderful. They did the hair and makeup for my wedding (for myself and my bridesmaids), and they were amazing. I looked and felt like a princess, even before I put my wedding dress on. We did a trial run several months earlier, and without a lot of guidance from me, Kim gave me a style that was beautiful and elegant, but still allowed me to look like myself. Kim and the rest of the team are so friendly, and want to be sure that you look the way you want to look. When she did the trial, she said that I should take the time to see how I felt about the style over the course of the day, and provide any feedback, and she was happy to make any changes that I suggested. I can't recommend Poetically Brushed highly enough!!

Carrie · Married on 07/08/2017

Kimberly was amazing! I was so impressed with her and her assistant with my wedding day hair and make-up. I let my bridesmaids choose if they wanted to have theirs done and most of them did at least one or the other. She also did hair and make up for my mom and flower girl. She was great to work with and flexible with last minute changes to the order of who would get their hair and make up done when. I have received so many compliments from friends and family on both my hair and make up on my wedding day. I will definitely be keeping Poetically Brushed Hair and Make-up at the top of my list when ever I need hair and make-up for a special event.

Sunny · Married on 07/04/2017

I am so happy I chose Poetically Brushed Hair and Make-Up for my wedding day! Kim was absolutely fantastic and super accommodating being able to come out on July 4th and super early in the morning to to do mine and my bridesmaids hair and make-up! I was so happy with the final result, I wanted a boho braid and summery make-up and I was so pleased with the final result! It looked exactly like our trial that we had and Kim was super detailed and made sure t looked perfect! Also my hair stayed in place throughout the whole night of dancing which was great! I can’t recommend Kim and her team enough!

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2017

Kim and her team with Poetically Brushed Hair and Makeup were amazing! She was always super quick replying through email and would answer every question i had, even if they were ridiculous. From the trial hair and makeup to my wedding day, i completely changed my mind on hairstyle and she wasn't upset at all over the last minute change. Her and her team listened to exactly what every person in my bridal party wanted as far as makeup and hair and everyone was beyond happy with how they looked. I cannot speak highly enough about Poetically brushed and Kim!

Gabrielle · Married on 06/10/2017

Kim and her team did an amazing job on our hair and makeup. We received compliments all night on how beautiful everyone looked. I would highly recommend Kim to any bride looking for bridal and bridesmaid services. We were very happy with our decision to book her!

Joanna · Married on 06/09/2017

Wow just Wow!!!!!! Kim was a life saver from the beginning! I had some previous trials with makeup and was very unhappy with my experiences. I went to Kim and she knew exactly what I wanted and made it even better! I was so happy with my trial for hair and makeup I wanted to cry. On the day of the wedding I was very excited to get started. When we saw my flower piece it was not what I expected and I started to feel pretty stressed. Kim was calm and cut the crown into exactly what I wanted. She saved the day with her cool, collected, and fast acting decision. I looked flawless all thanks to Kim! She took her time with me and made sure it was exactly what I wanted. I cant say enough good things about how amazing Kim is, if you pick her for your big day you will be more than happy with your choice! We loved her so much my sister is using her for her wedding next month!

Lindsay · Married on 05/28/2017

Couldn't have asked for better hair or makeup! Kim was always available to talk and was there to answer my questions. All of my girls loved their hair. Her and her assistant were so fun to work with and made us all comfortable! Will definitely recommend her to everyone I know.

• User6636263 · 1+ year ago

We loved working with Kim for our wedding hair and makeup. Kim and her team were kind, fun, and professional. They helped us feel as ease. Kim was always quick to respond when we contacted her. I would highly recommend.

Sara · Married on 04/29/2017

Kim & Team did an AMAZING job on on all our wedding makeup and hair. She spent hours with us at the hotel and then traveled to my venue to do touch-ups and my flower girl's hair and makeup. I recommend her to everyone. Such a great experience.

Esther · Married on 04/28/2017

Kim and her team were absolutely amazing! I had my hair trial and loved it but about 3 weeks before the wedding decided to change my look. I emailed Kim some pictures and she was completely open to changing it up and did BETTER than I could've imagined the day of. She was also very responsive and professional. I would recommend her and her team to anyone! She is also very versatile with hair styles and different hair types, me and my girls looked amazing and we had multiple people ask us who did our hair. BOOK KIM, she's the best! :)