Pavilion at the Angus Barn Reviews

37 | Raleigh, NC

37 Reviews for Pavilion at the Angus Barn

Leslie Sherrill · Married on 04/09/2019

Bridesmaid in a wedding with Cheryl Anne of CAST Events

Bridesmaid at a wedding held at the Angus Barn! Beautiful venue, amazing service, and staff who were consciousness and focused on getting the details rights. Very, very impressed.

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • Marianne

Marianne Elizabeth Dotson · Married on 11/03/2018

Simply Perfect

Sarah was so accommodating and helpful, our day was perfect and Sarah and the whole Angus Barn team handled every detail. I did not have to check in or worry about anything and was able to fully enjoy our perfect wedding day. Thank you.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Taylor · Married on 09/15/2018

The Best Hurricane Wedding

When Florence was expected to hit during my wedding date, you could say I was a little worried. Sarah was on the phone every day working out all of our possible options! Turns out we got some wind and rain, but that didn't stop us! The venue was still gorgeous and set up beautifully for the moved indoors wedding. The whole Angus Barn team was amazing. My guests have said so many good things about how smoothly everything went and how awesome the bartenders were.

Sent on 11/01/2018

Alison · Married on 06/16/2018

The Angus Barn team was amazing at every step of the way for our June 2018 wedding. I am a bride with a lot of dietary restrictions and care was taken from the beginning to ensure that the food would be okay for me to eat. The team was accommodating to me travelling out of state for venue visits. Questions were all asked months before the wedding, so the night of we could focus on details. The night of the wedding service was not only fantastic for me and my groom, but for all of our 175 guests.

Sent on 07/05/2018
  • W

will · Married on 09/30/2017

I would highly recommend! Staff and Service amazing.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Emily · Married on 12/17/2016

We worked with Sarah, one of the event coordinators at The Angus Barn Pavilion, and she made everything stress-free for our big day. She helped us throughout the entire planning process and coordinated vendors. The Angus Barn Pavilion staff was all SO wonderful to our family and friends. The food there is incredible and all of our guests have said it is the best wedding food they've ever had. The Pavilion is gorgeous -- and they accommodated every request we had. Love this venue!!!! Highly recommend it.

Sent on 12/27/2016

Molly · Married on 10/08/2016

We went to a wedding at the Pavilions about two years before we got married and knew that was where we wanted our wedding to be one day. We booked within two weeks after getting engaged and I can honestly say that it was the best decision (besides the groom!) that I made about planning our wedding. The staff at the Pavilions handle EVERYTHING and made our wedding (both the planning and the actual event) completely stress free. We worked with Angel Nicholas and could not have had a better experience - she was professional, kind and completely brought to life what we had envisioned for our wedding. When you book a wedding at the Pavilions, you essentially get a day-of coordinator, as well. Angel completely handled communicating with our vendors (band, florist, bakery, photographer, rentals, etc.) about set up times, pick ups, expectations and so on - it took so much stress off of both me and my mother on the day of the wedding and allowed us to just enjoy the day. Angel also coordinated our rehearsal. We had originally intended to have our ceremony outdoors by the lake at the Pavilions, but our wedding weekend was the same weekend as Hurricane Matthew. You would never have known that the original plan had been to have the wedding outside - the staff was so professional and well-versed on the rain plan and our guests had so many wonderful comments and compliments about how smoothly everything went. I seriously cannot recommend the Pavilions enough - you will NOT regret booking here!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Colleen · Married on 08/20/2016

The Angus Barn was the perfect venue for our wedding. From start to finish, the service was impeccable, the location is beautiful and the food was amazing. I would absolutely recommend The Angus Barn for any bride and groom who are looking for the perfect mix of rustic outdoors and southern elegance!

Sent on 09/23/2016

I was very pleased with the Angus Barn (and Sarah Lilly) during the planning and events for my daughter’s May 21, 2016 wedding at the Angus Barn Pavilions (wedding, cocktail hour, reception). Sarah is very organized and helped make the process smooth as we planned for the big day and talked through a multitude of details. The food, service, and coordination with vendors were all excellent. Our guests were very complimentary about the venue, including the tasty hors d’oeuvres, meal, and service. Sarah was an excellent day of coordinator for my daughter’s wedding/reception, and I was also impressed by the helpfulness of her assistant, Caitlin Person. The outdoor wedding ceremony by the lake in front of the trellis was beautiful, and the Angus Barn Pavilions made a wonderful venue for the reception.

Sent on 06/09/2016

We recently had our wedding and reception at the Pavilions and were blown away by how perfect everything was. Sarah Lilly was our coordinator she was super responsive and attentive to every detail. It's not a cheap venue but I think it's a great value - the food was amazing and the whole AB team went out of their way to make sure we had a great time. Once we all got to the Pavilions, I knew I didn't have to worry about anything. Our wedding was at 5 but our officiant thought the ceremony was at 5:30 so he showed up at 4:45... by the time he got there, Sarah had already lined up 2 back up officiants. Cannot say enough great things about this venue!!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Years ago I stumbled across the Pavilions while hosting a work event there and instantly fell in love! I called my dad that day and said I have found the place I want to get married...fast forward 4 years and my dream came true! I have worked with the staff at AB for work and now my wedding and each time they are amazing! They take care of every need, detail, etc. Kelly Joslin was my coordinator there and I can't say enough great things about her. She was a dream to work with and came to the rescue when my wedding planner (independent planner we had hired) was unable to fulfill her contract. The Pavilions beauty is breathtaking! The food that night was amazing, our guests kept raving about it. From the time I booked till we left that night after the reception, Kelly and the whole AB staff made our wedding day the best. Worth the money!

Sent on 04/15/2016

Lindsay · Married on 10/10/2015

I should start this review by saying that I don't live in the Raleigh area. My (now) husband and I live in Northern VA so planned our wedding from afar. We worked with Sarah from the very beginning and were never disappointed. From the moment we first met her down in Raleigh, to signing the contract, to getting all nitpicky over every little detail of the menu (especially the wine selections!), to the week of and finally to the day of, Sarah was on point with everything. She was professional, reassuring with every detail, and very organized. During the actual wedding, Sarah was the epitome of calm and helped me (the bride) with so many little things that often might go unnoticed. For example, she helped with bustling my dress, she constantly checked in with all of us in the bridal suite to ensure we had everything we needed, and she followed up on every little detail to ensure the day would be exactly how we envisioned it. Now, beyond Sarah (who I can't stress enough was an absolute pleasure to work with), the rest of the staff went above and beyond as well. It was almost as if there was someone assigned to both my husband and me throughout the night b/c we wanted for nothing. We didn't go to the bar once b/c we were always greeted before we got there with the beverage of our choice (which they already knew). We constantly were asked "how are things going?", "is there anything I can do for you?", etc... Then at the end of the night, we were given two huge bags with two full meals: main entrees, portions of all the sides, and pieces of our wedding cake b/c they anticipated we might not have eaten much. It was such a treat to have that to take back with us and so unexpected. Again, just one thing after another from all of the staff and we are so incredibly grateful. They all genuinely cared about our night and it was evident in everything they did. We'd highly recommend this venue to any and everyone and can't say enough positive things.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Jenifer · Married on 09/19/2015

My daughter's wedding reception was outstanding! Many guest told us this was the best wedding they have ever attended. Some friends bemoaningly told us that now we have set the bar really high as far as wedding receptions go! The staff and service at the Pavilions at Angus Barn is phenomenal. Sarah Lilly, our Angus Barn event coordinator, was wonderful through the whole process which started more than a year ago. She makes it all very easy and, just as she told me from day one, on the the wedding day I wouldn't have to worry about a thing and she was true to her word. The staff was so compassionate and took incredible care of us from the moment we arrived until the last box was in the car. Thank you!!!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Julia · Married on 06/06/2015

Absolutely amazing venue! They took care of everything for us, so stress free!! The ambience of the venue is spectacular. The staff is extremely professional, our guests continually complimented every aspect of the wedding. And the food is unbelievable!!

Sent on 07/19/2015

The service was incredible. Every guest was treated with care. My wedding guests gave me so many compliments for this venue. The space is beautiful.

Sent on 08/09/2015
  • Katie-Ann

Katie-Ann · Married on 11/22/2014

The Angus Barn is near and dear to our hearts as we have celebrated here multiple times for various occasions such as birthdays and graduations. With all of these celebrations and occasions we have celebrated at The Barn, we have never experienced anything such as the Wine Cellar Experience. We celebrated in the Wine Cellar for our rehearsal dinner and the service was impeccable. We were so impressed with the staff and the service. The food was delicious as ever.

We had a groom's cake made and brought to The Angus Barn from our bakery and the staff did an excellent job setting it up with an extra small table as requested and our engagement pictures on either side of the cake. The Christmas decorations were up and the whole room and restaurant as a whole was more than impressive. The host of the night went into thorough detail about the history of the room and pieces in the room as well as why each wine was chosen for each course. The staff did a great job making sure drinks were full and the coordinated and synchronized serving was fantastic.

Our family is still talking about how excellent our Rehearsal dinner was and we highly recommend using the Angus Barn for any event or occasion that you may have!

Sent on 12/06/2014

Jilla · Married on 11/08/2014

The Pavilion is a beautiful place to get married. We chose November and since it starts to get chilly in NC during November we decided to have our ceremony and reception inside. We got married in front of the big stone fireplace and it was wonderful. The staff are so kind and professional. We worked with Kelly Joslin, one of the event coordinators. She was absolutely amazing. She made the day so stress free. I never felt stressed or behind on schedule ever. She kept everything right on time but was always polite and never forceful about getting anyone where they needed to be. The food was fantastic. We picked their lakeside surf and turf, and then Kelly worked with us on molding the menu to our tastes. She was also very flexible and understanding about having an option available for our Jewish family and guests. They do not have a kosher meal but have vegetarian meals and even offered to have salmon plates available for those guests who requested one. We even asked if we could have braised beef short ribs added to the buffet and she asked the chef if this was a possibility. We were able to serve them and they were the BIG hit of the night. We did not get one compliment on the food that did not include a compliment on the short ribs as well. They were outstanding. Kelly brought my husband and I our plates to our table and literally brought us some of everything. Our plates had no empty places showing. Also, knowing that the bride and groom don't always get to enjoy their meals like the guests, the Angus Barn sends them home with a bag of food. We had each entree choice, sides, and appetizers packed up in containers, along with slices of our cake to take home. We loved being able to go home and try all the food again. It is a pricey place to have a wedding but totally worth it. They make it so stress free and fun to have a wedding there and it is hands down one of the most beautiful places to have a wedding in Raleigh, NC

Sent on 12/16/2014

Everything was perfect!
    They do weddings everyday of every weekend and the servers and event planners know how to go out of their way to make sure you and your guests have everything they need.

The food was amazing, all my guests were very impressed! We did the surf and turf buffet which included 3 passed appetizers, cheese and cracker station, and 3 desserts in addition to the buffet choices for about one hundred per person. We also decide to add a raw bar with raw oysters and crab claws (HUGE crab claws) which were also very memorable for our guests.
    We choose to do the ceremony inside near the fireplace (it was beautiful) because we were worried about the airport traffic but with everything going on that day we never even noticed a plane going over, we cant remember even one! that was my biggest worry when picking this venue and it never even mattered. The outside patio is beautiful and I would say don't be worried about the planes. go for it!
    We choose a sunday in oct because there were no saturdays available a year ahead of time, book early if you need a saturday! It worked in our benefit because the minimum required by angus barn and rental fee for the space saved us a few thousand dollars on sunday.

we picked october because the pavilion does not have A/C, they do have fans to set up but I was worried about my guest becoming uncomfortable. It was a sunny day about 70 degrees getting down to 50 at night, if anyone got hot from all the dancing they could go outside and cool off.
    If it had been colder they do have heaters. Also my guests really enjoyed the fire pit!

When looking at raleigh venues don't be discouraged by the angus barn minimums and service fee. After that they don't try to nickel and dime you for extras like other venues. And there is no better wedding venue food available in town (except maybe the Umstead but you'd pay three times more)

Sent on 11/06/2014

Elise · Married on 10/18/2014

The Angus Barn is a lovely venue! The staff was incredibly professional and made me feel like the most lovely bride. If you would like to be able to clear your mind and enjoy your ceremony and reception, please put your wedding in the hands of The Angus Barn!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Penelope · Married on 09/20/2014

This was the perfect place to have our wedding. Ashley was amazing to work with, she always stayed in touch and made sure everything was just as we wanted it. The venue is unbelievable, the staff is friendly and outstanding, and the food is incredible! All our guests raved about the food and venue and we were impressed with all the attention to details and making sure we had everything we needed or wanted. Best place ever!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Victoria · Married on 07/05/2014

I literally cannot say good enough things about Angus Barn's catering. Their catering staff was respectful, polite, and on top of their game the entire time during my reception, going so far as to hold my plate when I went to talk to guests and keeping certain items covered until I was ready for them again. The food itself was magnificent, and many people told me it was one of the best meals they'd ever had. Even the rolls were amazing! They were incredibly accommodating with the different details and things I wanted at Bay 7 for the reception, including moving their piano upstairs for cocktail hour and fitting in a photo booth, and they were flexible about changes I was making even up to the day before. The price is high, yes, but for what you're getting, I firmly believe it's worth every penny.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Chris · Married on 07/04/2014

As a previous Event Planner, I knew planning our daughter's wedding was going to be a tough one for me. Specifically, I knew I would be extra picky and also it would be hard to let go of control on the day of the actual event.

We worked with Ashley at the Angus Barn Pavillion and wow! There truly are no words to express how impressed we were. This venue is on the expensive side of venue's we looked at, but it was worth every penny. From the food, the service, the atmosphere, and more, the day was the best ever. We are still receiving compliments from everyone who attended on how amazing the reception was.

There was no detail that this staff did not attend to. Most impressive are the little things they did that I never even thought of.

I wish we could have a "do over", just to relive the day. It was that perfect.

Sent on 08/09/2014

Kristin · Married on 11/29/2013

I LOVED the Angus Barn. If I didn't live out of town, I would frequent the Angus Barn very often. We had our wedding ceremony and reception in Alice's wine cellar room. The food was wonderful and the staff was THE BEST! It was a great place for our small ceremony, though I know the Pavilliions there caters to larger parties. I wish I could relive that day there..

Sent on 12/03/2013

John · Married on 11/16/2013

Ashley , like Nicole the wedding planner, made sure that everything was in place and that the smallest detail was taken care of . I could not imagine a better place to have an event.. Exceptionally beautiful at night . The food was excellent and the staff attentive and helpfull. Professionalism at its best.

Tad Kindell
    Father of the bride.

Sent on 11/22/2013

We had our wedding at the Angus Barn this past October and I cannot say enough good things about them. The venue itself is picturesque. We were married by the lake, our cocktail hour was outside surrounded by fire pits and greenery, and our reception was inside the beautiful barn that was spacious and beautifully decorated. A huge perk is the ambiance, which was already present, we didn't have to decorate at all.

The food is incredible. We had ribs, the seafood boil, macaroni and cheese, pies, etc, and everyone raved about it. But best of all is the service. Every time we went to visit, the staff always looked genuinely happy. I know this is a family run venue, and it's so nice to see people enjoying what they do. You know when you go to a restaurant and you have a great waiter, one that's attentive, but not over the top, but always knows when you need something? Well picture this for 125 guests. Our friends kept saying how nice and helpful the staff was.

I would like to highlight our day of wedding coordinator who is provided by the Angus Barn. Kelly Joslin was INCREDIBLE. I am a very organized person, but her lists, charts, photos, thoughtful questions, and follow-up emails blew me away. I literally had not one worry on my wedding day because I knew she had everything under control. Even the smallest details were executed perfectly. We did not have much time to eat at our wedding, so when it was over, she had a huge bag with dozens of containers of food for us to eat later. She included real silverware wrapped in a cute handkerchief. It's these touches that I will always remember.

The Angus Barn also provides a beautiful gift basket with some goodies and champagne, and they invite you back for a free dinner on your one year anniversary.

I've heard of venues that are poor at communication, or have hidden fees, or where you are always following up to make sure things are getting done. The Angus Barn has none of that. They are not cheap, but you certainly ge

Sent on 11/02/2013