Paul Maranan Reviews

Paul Maranan 6
Paul Maranan 7

Marcia · Married on 01/02/2019

The best experience!!

We absolutely loved Paul!! When we got engaged he was the first vendor we booked and he didn’t disappoint. When we opted out of engagement photos (we’re not really big on professional pics) paul took the time to explain that they would help us feel more comfortable in front of the camera and it would help us and him figure out what types of pictures we liked. We ended up doing it and We were so happy with them! We looked better than we thought we could in front of a camera. Paul also shot our ceremony and reception (two different days). He showed up on time and ready to work both days. He had great ideas for pictures and to say everyone loved him is an understatement. Our friends said he was the nicest and easiest wedding photographer they’d ever met. Our photos turned out absolutely stunning. We are so happy with them and recommend him to everyone we know. We also recently got our slide show of the reception and it was like reliving the entire night all over again. He did an excellent job capturing such perfect moments throughout the night. Thank you SO much Paul!!

Sent on 12/30/2018

BIanca · Married on 09/02/2018

The absolute best!

I would not recommend anyone else but Paul, he is absolutely amazing! Paul did both of our engagement and wedding photos and the experience and final product was more than I could ever ask for! From the beginning with our engagement pictures, Paul made us feel comfortable as awkward as we were being in front of a camera. He was able to capture us as a couple & even included our dogs since they are a huge part of our lives.

Our wedding photos definitely exceeded all my expectations for our wedding day. The way he captured the day in its entirety, I am able to relive one of the best days over and over again. So thankful for Paul and without a doubt will choose him as our photographer for every milestone in our lives. Forever grateful!

Sent on 02/08/2019
    Paul Maranan 13
    Paul Maranan 14
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 09/01/2018

If I could give Paul more than five stars, I would!! Let me start by saying WOW, Paul went above and beyond my wildest engagement photo dreams! We loved our engagement shoot with Paul so much that we’re already looking for an excuse to work with him again. He was professional, responsive, passionate, flexible (our shoot was weather dependent), and above all an absolute joy to work with. What I appreciate is that nothing was staged, he captured real emotion and tender moments and was able to make us (two awkward and camera shy people) feel completely comfortable during the entire shoot, which showed through in the pictures. Barely 24 hours after our engagement shoot, Paul emailed us the photos that captured the feel and progression of the entire shoot. I was blown away by the immediate turnaround time and completely moved to tears by the final product. Truly, his work left both my fiancé and I speechless.

He’s incredibly talented, detail oriented and 100% committed to making sure the photos are what YOU want. I mean it, leading up to the shoot he wanted to hear our vision and bring it to life even if that meant come photo shoot time, getting his feet wet to capture the perfect angles down by the river and hiking to the top of Rattlesnake – which he did both of without an ounce of hesitation.

After sharing the photos with family and friends they only had one question: WHO IS THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHER BEHIND THESE STUNNING PHOTOS. The end result truly was flawless perfection and the entire experience was magical from start to finish. Do yourself a favor, book Paul!!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Loan · Married on 08/19/2018

Paul is amazing!!!

I absolutely LOVE Paul’s work. If I could give him more than 5 stars, then I definitely would! Not only is he an amazing photographer, but he is very personable and easy to work with. I mean, what more could you ask for?!

From the very beginning, Paul told us to “just be ourselves and have fun with it”. And let me tell you, just when my husband and I thought we would be so awkward in front of the camera, Paul had a way of making us feel extremely comfortable. And guess what? Our photos turned out AMAZING!

I couldn't have asked for a better photographer to work with or more perfect engagement and wedding photos. Our wedding day was by far one of the happiest days of my life and he was able to capture all that with so much love, laughter, and tears. I am absolutely obsessed with our photos and have probably looked at them about a thousand times, but I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at them! Paul truly made our big day that much more special and did an amazing job at capturing every moment. We can't thank him enough and would highly recommend him!

Sent on 01/09/2019
    Paul Maranan 22
    Paul Maranan 23
    Paul Maranan 24

Lillie Mountry · Married on 07/08/2018

Amazing photographer that’ll capture every moment

Paul photographed my gf’s wedding a couple years ago and she recommended him to us. Our first impression of Paul was that he was very personable. He wanted to capture our special moments how we saw them fit which is what made us love him even more! Paul was kind, friendly, and extremely professional. He made sure we were satisfied with every shoot and let us take full control. Not to mention that he captured the most incredible candid moments that actually became our favorite photos.

Paul is a very genuine person and gave very easy directions. He put us at ease, and we felt comfortable when shooting with him. We were smiling for pictures, and smiling because we had such a great experience with him.

Sent on 12/18/2018
    Paul Maranan 25
    Paul Maranan 26
    Paul Maranan 27
    Paul Maranan 28
  • Kristel

Kristel F. · Married on 07/07/2018

Fantastic experience all around

This review is super overdue, but it’s important that I share with the world how wonderful our experience was with Paul Maranan. I met with several photographers before choosing Paul. His photos were absolutely beautiful, but what made me ultimately choose him to photograph our wedding was his professionalism and friendly demeanor. He was so accommodating when we scheduled and rescheduled engagement photos. He was such a good sport with our crazy dogs and the photos turned out amazing! On our actual wedding day, Paul was a breeze to work with. He arrived promptly at our venue and took all of the customary photos. He possessed the right amount of instruction and flexibility, which is key to wrangling such a big group (8 bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen), in addition to two huge families. I was pretty annoyed with some family members who kept asking him to take photos with their old school digital camera, but Paul was so graceful and acquiesced to their requests, continually reassuring me that it was fine. Throughout our wedding he had such a calm aura that we really appreciated. Lastly, his photos were stunning. He has a fantastic eye and I appreciated his helpful guidance - tilt your chin down, lift your arms, etc. I would definitely hire Paul again. Do yourself a favor and get on his books, because they will fill up fast.

Sent on 05/04/2019

Joyce · Married on 06/23/2018

If there's one piece of advice that I can give as a former bride, it is to find a photographer that you click with and trust. Not only will you be spending all day of the most special day of your life with this person, but you will also be depending on them to deliver the photos that will serve as the memories of that day for years to come. This person for us was Paul, and I can say that he did not disappoint.

There's a special magic that happens when your photographer can just blend in and become like family. Everyone is more comfortable in front of the camera and the pictures come alive in such an authentic way. Paul became family and put everyone at ease, which speaks a lot to his personality. Coming from someone that always feels awkward in front of the camera, I know how important it is to feel comfortable but also feel like you're being directed well to get good shots. Paul definitely delivered!

Paul was also one of the best vendors we had as far as communication went. His responses were quick and he was always patient and flexible. The fact that he is willing to go above and beyond for his clients is so apparent.

Our wedding was truly the happiest day of my life and the pictures show it. Thank you Paul for capturing our memories!

Sent on 09/28/2018

DEBBIE · Married on 06/16/2018

Paul Maranan

Paul’s pictures came out amazing! Every shot brings me back to the happiest day of our lives!

Sent on 12/13/2018
    Paul Maranan 29
    Paul Maranan 30
    Paul Maranan 31
    Paul Maranan 32
    Paul Maranan 33

Don · event on 12/11/2017

Paul was amazing! He was the most professional and yet personable photographer I have worked with. Taking outside pictures in a park in the middle of December with a 6 month old can be a little intimidating but Paul was quick yet efficient. It went like a breeze and the photos turned out incredible. This guy has a natural talent. Thanks Paul! We will definitely be using you again.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Kristina · Married on 11/18/2017

Amazing ninja photographer :)

Being located in Southern California, Paul was so easy to work with even though he is a thousand miles away from my location! From the initial booking of our engagement photos till the day of our wedding, I never once felt nervous or anxious; he made my husband and I feel so confident in his work and at ease while he was working. Paul and his team have truly been amazing to work with and the product he produced was exactly what we were looking for in a wedding photographer. He's such a ninja that he was able to capture some intimate moments that still make me tear up.

You definitely will not be disappointed in his quality of work and professionalism. Book him!

Sent on 04/24/2019
    Paul Maranan 34
    Paul Maranan 35
  • Bridget and Kyle

Bridget and Kyle · Married on 09/02/2017

Absolutely love our forever pictures!

Paul is the beest!!! We were able to have both our engagement and wedding day photos taken by him! From day one he made us feel extremely comfortable that it felt like we were all simply hanging out! Pictures can be intimidating but Paul was beyond great at leading us and truly captured who we are as a couple! His eye is one. of. a. kind. I had a lot of people tell me our pictures were one of the most natural and unforced engagement pictures they'd ever seen! We have our pictures hung up and displayed in our home and we couldn't be more proud to keep them displayed for the rest of our lives!

Fast forward to day of wedding. WOW. Not only were the pictures again INCREDIBLE, Paul helped to calm any nerves of ours, assured us that everything would be okay honestly he felt like a day of coach haha! Paul knows the nature of weddings in his sleep. At one point during the wedding day he told me, this is the part where things get a little crazy but don't worry it'll all work out and not even after 5 minutes do things start to just go so fast!! #Psychic. But through it all he managed to capture the most incredible images I will keep so dear to my heart for the rest of my life! Moments that went by so fast, some I barely remember but that he managed to save! I've seen so many photographers draw too much attention to themselves lugging around huge equipment it was almost obnoxious, demanding the couple be here and there and everywhere but I was sooo surprised to have seen all the memories he managed to capture without drawing so much attention and letting us enjoy our day I call him photo NINJA! He knows his art and craft so well that I trusted he'd get the most perfect pictures, better than any scene I could capture and I was right to do so!

Sent on 12/14/2018
    Paul Maranan 47
    Paul Maranan 48
    Paul Maranan 49

Rex · Married on 09/01/2017

Paul made us feel comfortable, I’m always nervous when taking pictures. He knew what to do to and say to make us relax. Very professional with everything, from the angles of his shots and quality of pictures. He has been to a lot of places so he knew the best areas to go. He can make a simple boring spot into one of the best and unique place in a pic. He’s flexible, easy going and made wedding planning less stressful for us.

Sent on 12/18/2017
    Paul Maranan 50

Ashley · Married on 08/12/2017

I was referred to Paul for my wedding by another photographer that I’ve onown for years and think very highly of. After messaging him and looking at his work on Instagram, Facebook, and his website I knew this was the photographer for us! Right out the gate Paul was working to see what he could do to meet our needs. My husband is not fond of photos and wanted to see if we could skip the engagement session and just have photos of our wedding. Paul explained he has a lot of grooms that don’t like photos but how important the engagement shoot is for meeting each other to get comfortable for the wedding day. He was right! Meeting Paul was fantastic. He is kind, patient, and knowledgeable about how to run his business. We both felt awkward and unfamiliar with what to do during the beginning of our engagement shoot but Paul walked us through EVERYTHING! His attention to detail is a cut above the rest. By the end of the shoot we were both fully confident this was our guy and our wedding photos were going be everything we dreamed. So fast forward to the wedding day aka Best Day Ever! Paul came in with the mission to make sure our day was our best day ever. I’m talking above and beyond being our photographer. He was quick to offer a helping hand and made sure there was someone to take care of any issues so we didn’t have to worry about anything but getting married and actually enjoying it. Now let me tell you about the photos, OMG. Going through our wedding photos was like Christmas came early. I am absolutely mesmerized by them. I’ve probably looked through them 736,639,918 times smiling, laughing, and crying each time. So needless to say Paul’s work was everything we dreamed of and MORE. In the words of my MOH, “That photographer killed it!”

Hire him! You won’t regret it!

Sent on 12/16/2017
    Paul Maranan 58
    Paul Maranan 59
    Paul Maranan 60

S · Married on 07/30/2017

Paul did both our engagement and wedding photos and I could not be happier with the experience and final product! Paul is easy to work with and finds that balance between being flexible while giving us his thoughts on what might work best. Communication is key during wedding planning and I really appreciated how responsive Paul is- staying connected and providing updates along the way. After the wedding, our bridal party and other vendors even commented on how much they liked working with him. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 12/19/2017

Jessica · Married on 07/29/2017

If you're looking for a professional photographer who cares about the details and making sure his clients are happy, look no further than Paul Maranan! My husband and I were lucky to have Paul shoot our engagement and wedding day pictures. From day one he's always asked for our input on what we're looking for and was able to execute it beyond our expectations. On our wedding day my family and friends commented how polite and friendly he was. This is important considering you don't want a grumpy photographer yelling at you telling you what to do on your wedding day. Paul is not like that. He even drove over three hours to Hurricane Ridge just so we could capture the most epic engagement pictures! Our wedding collection also captured all the feels and emotions perfectly from our special day. I plan to have him do future photo shoots and so should you!

Sent on 12/09/2017

Sheri · Married on 07/22/2017

Paul's work is amazing! My fiancé and I decided we wanted to hire Paul as our wedding photographer but found out we were pregnant. Although our wedding timeline may have changed, we knew for sure we wanted Paul to take our Maternity photos. We were ecstatic he agreed to do it! He is an absolutely amazing and very creative photographer who capture my pregnancy beautifully. I fell in love with my first maternity photos so much that I asked him to do a second set! You can't find a more better person to work with. After our wedding, we hope he agrees to do our yearly family pictures also :)

Sent on 03/15/2016
  • Y

Y · Married on 03/20/2017

I had a couple other local photographers in mind when deciding who we wanted for our simple court wedding but I went with my first instinct and that was Paul. I found out about Paul from mutual friends who were all using his pictures as their profile pictures for their social media accounts. There's a reason why literally everyone is going to him now for weddings, family portraits, etc; he is amazing! Paul makes communication easy; he responds right away and encourages you to ask whatever questions you have that may come up at anytime. He is super flexible, reasonable, and upfront about his expectations. As you know, weddings can be hectic. In my case, we were running a little behind on time, everything was happening too quickly, and my kids didn't want to cooperate, but Paul was understanding. Something really incredible happens when he is behind the lens because he is able to capture the moments you wished you did when you are too busy being in the moment! I would definitely recommend Paul to anyone looking for a photographer--you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/23/2017
  • Y

Y · Married on 03/20/2017

Sent on 03/23/2017

Linda · Married on 02/04/2017

Paul is a absolutely amazing! He did our engagement, wedding, and even our maternity photos. Each session turned out perfect and even better than I anticipated. My husband and I aren’t very photogenic lol so Paul was on it with poses and what looked good for us as a couple. I’ve already recommended him to many of our friends and family for their future events.

Sent on 09/17/2018
    Paul Maranan 61
    Paul Maranan 62

Sherece · Married on 11/05/2016

I could not have asked for more from Paul. He is the nicest and most understanding. A lot of things don't go as planned during a wedding day and he was so accommodating. It was literally pouring down rain on our wedding day so we were limited on where we could take pictures. He was able to capture AMAZING pictures still and made every moment count. I would recommend him over and over again to anyone that wants a truly amazing photographer.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Brianna · Married on 10/09/2016

Our family has worked with Paul for the past almost 5 years now. From engagement shoots, wedding, maternity and family shoots Paul has done it all for us. Not only is he super talented but he is also personable and easy to work with. There are so many photographers out there but Paul is always solid and we will continue to choose him as our photographer for as long as he wants to shoot us!

Sent on 10/14/2018
    Paul Maranan 63
    Paul Maranan 64
  • F

Frank · Married on 08/31/2016

I chose Paul for one reason only: he has an eye for capturing the perfect moment. This is what separates Paul's work from other wedding photographers. Just take a look at his portfolio or Instagram page.

Beyond the beautifully edited and perfectly composed photos, Paul is able to draw the viewer in and evoke an emotional response. You can't help but to look at each photo and say "Wow...they are madly in love". This is what separates a good photographer from a great photographer. Capturing timeless photos goes beyond having great equipment, it takes a special gift. A gift that Paul has definitely been blessed with.

What's more amazing is Paul's ability to capture these moments organically and naturally. In other words, with most photographers, one might experience something like this:

"Okay look forward, tilt your head to the side... no, now forward a bit, too much, go back...". You get the point.

With Paul, he goes with the flow and doesn't draw attention to himself. He operates like a fly on the wall or a ninja in the shadows. If he does give instructions, it's short and simple. Not only does this translate into better, more natural looking photos, your attention is focused where it needs to be: on your significant other. This is god-send for people who tense up in front of the lens and end up looking awkward all the time (like me). I still remember when I forewarned Paul that I tend to ruin pictures with my awkward smile and half-closed eyes, but I will never forget what he told me next, "Enjoy your wedding day and take it all in. Trust me, it'll be a blur". I'm glad I listened to his advice because I was able to fully soak up the moment and it resulted beautifully captured shots with my wife, friends, and family.

If you are hunting for an engagement and/or wedding photographer, Paul Maranan NEEDS to be considered. You won't regret it!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Paul Maranan's reply:

Reading this made me speechless thank you Christine and Frank for all the kind words, you guys don't know how much this meant to me!

Susanna · Married on 08/20/2016

Paul was beyond any expectation I had. This was my first photoshoot ever and Paul captured my vision ever so perfectly! He made me feel very comfortable and it was an experience he made very exciting and fun! He was very professional and I cannot wait to get another a opportunity to shoot with him! From the first conversations to the very last interaction, he was professional and easy to communicate my vision with! He is incredibly talented and would recommend him to anyone - no questions asked!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Catherine · Married on 08/13/2016

Paul was amazing! One glance at his portfolio and I knew we had to work with him! He was wonderful with our engagement and wedding pictures -- such great attention to detail and so easy to work with. I recommend him to every one I know! He is a big piece of what made our special day so memorable.

Sent on 09/09/2016

Erin · Married on 07/23/2016

Photographs are probably the most important material item of your big day..it's the only thing you go home with and remember all your fun by. Paul was amazing and fun to work with from our engagement pictures to our actual nuptials. He always was looking for new exciting places to take our photos so everything wasn't so cookie cutter. We laughed the entire time, it made every part so much more enjoyable.
    Paul even helped with timing and little things no one really even thought about. My pictures came before his given deadline and they we're honestly the best pictures I had seen of myself and my husband. The photos really captured how much fun and love was at my wedding. I could look at them everyday and will cherish them for a lifetime.
    Paul- You really outdid yourself we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!

Sent on 11/12/2016