Papa Haydn Reviews

Papa Haydn 7
  • Ro

Roseann · Married on 06/22/2019

Excellent Service!

Papa Haydn has always been one of our favorites! Our wedding cake was the raspberry poppy seed and it was amazing! Ashley Wilson, the cake designer, was flexible and very accommodating. Great communication on design and pick up. Our cake turned out perfect.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Emily · Married on 10/07/2018

Easy and delicious!

I loved that we were able to work with Ashley over email throughout the cake design process! She was able to prep a tasting box of the different flavors we were interested in so we could try them on our own time (organizing a time to meet during business hours when both of you work full-time = extremely difficult). And the cake was of course delicious! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/02/2018
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 09/22/2018

Our wedding cake from Ashley at Papa Haydn was beautiful and delicious! Ashley was wonderful to work with and made sure we would be happy with the final result. She made us a beautiful four tiered cake with gold foil. We went with two different flavors— chocolate for two tiers and vanilla with lemon curd for the other two tiers. Also noteworthy is you get a free anniversary cake! You don’t have to save or freeze part of your wedding cake for your first anniversary. They make you a fresh one instead. We thought this was very thoughtful and a nice point of difference from other bakeries. Thank you Ashley and Papa Haydn! We loved our cake and so did our guests!

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Papa Haydn 8

Laine · Married on 09/01/2018

Ashley is incredible. We had a bad experience with a bakery before finding her, so we were really nervous to meet her. She arranged a beautiful tasting for us and helped us pick flavors and how much cake we needed. Day of, our cake was absolutely beautiful and exactly what we had discussed. Hands down, we got the most compliments on our cake. Pretty much EVERY person at our wedding told us how amazing the cake was. We provided to-go boxes and I was glad we had snagged some for ourselves because ALL of it was taken. All of this and we get an anniversary cake, which we have already talked about multiple times!! THANK YOU to Ashley for making our vision come true.

Sent on 10/07/2018
    Papa Haydn 9
    Papa Haydn 10

Gabby · Married on 06/16/2018

I am so, so happy we got our wedding cake through Ashley at Papa Haydn! People are still telling us we had the best wedding cake they've ever tasted. We had one two-tiered cutting cake and some additional rounds. The cakes were frosted and arranged so beautifully, our cake table looked like it came straight out of a bridal magazine. From the initial tasting to the wedding, working with Ashley was a pleasure. We are very much looking forward to picking up our complimentary anniversary cake next year (how awesome is that!?)!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Kay · Married on 05/20/2018

We have nothing but great things to say about Ashley and the amazing cake she provided for our wedding. We had a very specific vision in mind and had been discouraged or flat out told no by several other shops in town. Ashley never once said it was impossible, walked us through the steps she would need to take to provide us the cake and offered suggestions to help enhance what we envisioned . The whole process was amazing and we look forward to many more cakes from Ashly and Papa Haydn's for years to come.

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Papa Haydn 11
    Papa Haydn 12

Brooke · Married on 04/06/2018

Nothing negative to say! Working with Ashley was a breeze, she was attentive to our vision and helped guide is the right direction for what would work for us and our budget. She was also incredibly helpful in figuring out what would work best for decor and styling with the cakes we had chosen. We both love Papa Haydn desserts so much that we special ordered several of their menu classics, along with an simple and elegant cutting cake for my husband and I. You can't go wrong with Papa Haydn!

Sent on 06/08/2018
    Papa Haydn 13
    Papa Haydn 14
    Papa Haydn 15
    Papa Haydn 16
  • Dani

Dani · Married on 10/05/2017

I don't have a single negative thing to say about our wedding cake from Papa Haydn. Everything about it was absolutely perfect, from the appearance to the taste and texture. It looked gorgeous, exactly what I had wanted. Ashley was fantastic and very accommodating with our vision. We wanted 4 flavors, with enough of each flavor to not run out of any. We ended up with 230 servings of cake for 110 guests, and allowed guests to take pieces home and we still only had about 4 pieces left for us to take home ourselves. Everyone said how good it was, even those who usually aren't "cake people". The price was on par with every other bakery we looked at, even though the quality was far better. We can't wait for our anniversary cake in a year! I'll be recommending Papa Haydn to everyone.

Sent on 10/09/2017
  • Ryan

Ryan · Married on 09/03/2017

We loved working with Ashley at Papa Haydn. I can honestly say now that the planning is over our favorite part of the entire process, except the actual wedding day, was the cake tasting. She made us feel so comfortable and took her time asking us about our day and what we wanted in our cake. I cannot tell you how many compliments we got on the cake. So many people told us how delicious and my husband and I almost couldn't stop eating it at the wedding. We took home our cutting cake and ate it with friends and family the next day and it was so delicious. They were professional, on time, and efficient, and the pricing can't be beat in Portland. I would highly recommend and we will definitely be ordering cakes from Papa Haydn again soon.

Sent on 09/30/2017
    Papa Haydn 17
    Papa Haydn 18

Diana · Married on 09/03/2017

My (now) husband and I booked an appointment with Ashley at Papa Haydn East for a wedding cake tasting thinking there was no way we could afford one of their famously beautiful and delicious wedding cakes, but at least we’d get some free cake! The cake was of course to die for (banana cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting is the flavor I never knew my life was missing), but what really blew us away was Ashley’s expertise. We came in thinking we’d ask for a quote on cupcakes and a small cutting cake to save money, but Ashley suggested making our dollars stretch further by having three separate “side cakes” instead, each in a different flavor, a different buttercream texture on the outside, and fresh flowers on top. She sketched out a mock-up of what it would look like, assuring us it would be unexpected and dramatic and IT WAS! We actually went under budget for our wedding cake, and it was everything we could have dreamed of and more. When the cakes were delivered the day of the wedding (the Sunday before Labor Day), we didn’t even see the wonderful person who set everything up and placed our cake topper just right. Our guests loved it, we even got to eat some at the wedding, and we kept on eating it for the next two days before leaving for the honeymoon! Now all that’s left is to decide what flavor to order for our complimentary first anniversary cake… that might be the toughest obstacle of our marriage so far.

Sent on 11/19/2017
    Papa Haydn 19
    Papa Haydn 20
    Papa Haydn 21
    Papa Haydn 22
    Papa Haydn 23
    Papa Haydn 24

Andrea · Married on 08/12/2017

We had Ashley make/decorate our cake, and it was just incredible!! I decided to order an extra side cake, as I anticipated my hubby and I would be too busy at the reception to enjoy Ashley' s cake, and that turned out to be an excellent idea. We didn't get anymore than the bite we fed each other, so I was glad to have the side cake to enjoy for the few days we spent at the coast after the wedding. We had the cassata cake, was a little like tiramisu, wow was it wonderful!! And it looked beautiful!! I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 09/05/2017
  • Breanna

Breanna · Married on 07/22/2017

I loved working with Ashley! She was always super responsive and helped me several times with the design since I wasn't sure what I wanted. I went with buttercream since I had heard that fondant didn't taste great and it cost more and it still looked (and tasted) amazing the day of! I highly recommend!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Bethany · Married on 07/15/2017

We had a fantastic experience with Ashley from start to finish! When we first saw that Papa Haydn made wedding cakes, it seemed too good to be true! We thought it would be outside our budget but we were so wrong! Compared to other wedding cake bakeries the price is competitive (and the clear winner). We decided to get a 3 tier cake and mini desserts to accompany the cake. Everything tasted beyond fantastic! At the wedding, the cake looked exactly how I pictured it. Ashley was wonderful to work with-always friendly, responsive and open to whatever we wanted. We recommended Papa Haydn whole heartedly! Thank you Ashley! :)

Sent on 08/18/2017

Emily · Married on 07/08/2017

I thought we would have extra wedding cake, but everyone loved it so much that it was gone! Ashley was so great to work with, extremely patient and super helpful. I'm so happy to have chosen papa haydn!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Kate · Married on 07/01/2017

Ashley from Papa Haydn was AMAZING. The cake a beautifully simple with flowers provided by our florist. Ashley personally delivered our cake so she could place the flowers. The cake was gorgeous, but more importantly, it was delicious! The guests raved about it. We are so pleased with our experience with Papa Haydn and would highly recommend them for wedding cakes.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Jedel · Married on 06/10/2017

Chef Ashley at Papa Haydn was so fantastic! She worked with my husband and I to create the wedding cake of our dreams, a four layer hexagon cake with the most beautiful piping and floral accents. We met her for a cake tasting about six months before our wedding and she was patient, full of ideas and even willing to create a custom flavor for one of the layers (coconut cardamom to honor our roots!) She was very responsive through out the whole process, especially the week before the wedding for all of our last minute questions. The cake was gorgeous and delicious! She also did our desserts, which our guests loved. Overall a really lovely experience and we are also so excited to get our complimentary anniversary cake :)

Sent on 07/10/2017

Julie · Married on 10/01/2016

I almost didn’t consider Papa Haydn for a wedding cake because I thought it would be too expensive. But what do you know, it actually cost less than other places I checked out! Ashley did AMAZING work, I was floored by the beauty of our cake. We had 3 different flavors, 1 for each tier, and they were so moist and tasty. We had so many compliments on it.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Allison · Married on 09/11/2016

The best cake i have ever had! I showed them one picture and they recreated exactly what I wanted! It was delicious and they don't try and up sell you either!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Andrea · Married on 08/19/2016

We had 120 people confirmed for our wedding and bought cake for 120. About 115 people showed up for our wedding and we almost ran out of cake people loved it som uch! you never hear about a wedding running out of cake! We bought 8 individual cakes of different flavors from papa haydn and everyone loved them. Ashley the pastry chef was amazing to work with as well, it was a great value, and I had an amazingly beautiful dessert table!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Catherine · Married on 07/23/2016

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful! And delicious as well! Papa Haydn's was also very accommodating in my husband's request to have individual servings of his favorite fruit crisp.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Margot · Married on 06/04/2016

After attending a tasting at a less fancy bakery in town, but finding the cake subpar, we decided to give Papa Haydn a try. As it turns out, the price per serving was less than the first bakery, and all the cakes, fillings, and frostings were delicious! We ended up ordering four cakes from Papa Haydn, one tiered traditional wedding cake, a large chocolate layer cake, and small vegan and gluten-free cakes for our guests with dietary restrictions. They all met with rave reviews. Ashley decorated the cakes with leftover flowers from our flower-arranging session the day before: I could not believe how beautiful she made the cast-off flowers look. We cannot wait for our anniversary cake!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Crystal · Married on 11/14/2015

Absolutely beautiful cake and cupcakes!!! Ashley was lovely to work with and gave us great suggestions/ideas for our cake design. I'd also highly recommend getting the added option to have them set up the dessert/cake table, because they set ours up perfectly! We couldn't be happier with their service!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Lyn · Married on 10/04/2015

We didn't think that we would be able to have a Papa Haydn's cake at our wedding due to cost but after going for a tasting and comparing to other higher end bakeries, the price was comparable and we were thrilled to have their cake at our wedding!

Ashley did an AMAZING job of bringing our vision to life and BEYOND! We had a traditional wedding cake and a Snoopy groom's cake and the groom's cake far exceeded our hopes! The cake was not only beautiful but SO delicious! Every bite is a little slice of pure enjoyment... and when it's gone, you long for more cake!

The cake delivery was prompt and it was all ready well in advance of our ceremony.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Catherine&Ryan · Married on 09/05/2015

We had the best experience! They are wonderful to work with and our wedding cake and groom's cake were not only beautiful but tasted amazing. If I could give them more stars I would. They are the best.

Sent on 09/10/2015

We selected Papa Haydn's to create our wedding cake after being so pleasantly surprised by their pricing (we never thought we could afford such a delicious place!) and tasting their incredible cake. I am gluten-free but my husband is not, so we wanted to find a place that could create something everyone could enjoy. Our cake was so beautiful, we were asked several times if it was fake! The cake was delicious, gorgeous, and the three flavors of cupcakes for our guests were divine. I can't wait for our one year anniversary to get my hands on some more of these delicious desserts! I HIGHLY recommend you select Papa Haydn for your wedding or next event!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Papa Haydn's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We were happy to be a part of your wedding and love to hear you enjoyed your cake so much! Congratulations to you both!