P.I.G.S BBQ Catering Reviews

P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 5
P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 6
P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 7

Nideen · Getting married on 09/12/2020

PIGS catered our wedding. We chose to go with their other division, A Southern Affair, which offers more traditional meal options rather than BBQ, since I am not a huge BBQ fan. However, I did attend a wedding where PIGS served BBQ and was turned into a BBQ believer.

Anyways, we chose to do passed hors d'eurves and plated meals for our wedding. PIGS did a phenomenal job. We are big foodies, just like all of our friends and families and everyone was praising all of the food. The service was even better than I could have ever imagined. Everything went extremely smoothly and I always felt like everything was taken care of throughout the whole process and through the night. We had a little hiccup where performers were late, so that changed the entire schedule. PIGS stepped up big time and took care of everything when the schedule had to be shifted to ensure everything still flowed seamlessly. I cannot compliment them enough. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to do any kind of catering. Their prices are unbeatable, the quality of the food is amazing, and the service is impeccable.

Sent on 11/27/2017
  • Stacey

Stacey Boone Robosky · Getting married on 02/04/2020

Amazing food and AMAZING service...

It was such a joy to work with this team, and the food was amazing! We are a BBQ family and this definitely didn't disappoint. As a side note, I was really impressed with the food service team they had working to serve us and our guests. They were so friendly and personable!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Katelin · Getting married on 06/29/2019

I don't think there was a single guest at our wedding that didn't mention how great the food was! From our first meeting, to the finished product, P.I.G.S. was amazing to work with. Lisa was so helpful in providing updated quotes and changes to our menu. We had them do everything from cocktail hour to desserts (mini pies, pastries, cookies) and everything in between and it was all delicious. On top of that, the service the day of our wedding was astounding. Guests were well fed during the cocktail hour and likewise at dinner. In particular, an employee named Seth was amazing! He was so helpful in bringing us food and drinks during pictures, dinner, dancing...wherever, whenever...what we needed, Seth got. He even packaged up two "to go" meals for us so we had some more food from the wedding the next day. We can't say enough good things about P.I.G.S. and would highly recommend them for catering services and I can see us using them for smaller catering in the future!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Makrina Aziz · Married on 06/10/2019

Best wedding caterers ever!

There are no words to express how great PIGS were at our wedding. Special thanks to Jimmy, who was an incredible coordinator, was very attentive to all of our needs and our guests. All my guests commented on how amazing the food was, they said it's the best wedding food they've ever had. PIGs are so easy to work and so helpful in making the day as smooth as possible!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Rachel Macklin · Married on 06/02/2019

What an amazing team

I can not say enough good things about the catering. From the very first time we met for the tasting it was easy going, we had all our questions answered and it was DELICIOUS. We received many compliments on the food but above that they went above and beyond to take care of me and my husband. We provided our own cocktail apps and they were set up outside, right before the wedding it started raining so they took the initiative to move everything inside (despite it not even being their food!) Luckily we caught a break in the rain for the ceremony! As soon as we walked up to the house after the ceremony they were there with water for my husband and I and ready to grab us anything we needed. They had plates made for us prior to serving guests to allow us a few minutes to eat before getting interrupted and stayed on top of us all night making sure all our needs were met. Even keeping our drinks from the bar filled (despite it not being their bartenders). They helped clean up and had all our leftovers packed up and ready for us at the end of the night as well. They went above and beyond anything I could have expected. Thank you PIGS :)

Sent on 06/05/2019

Bayan · Married on 06/01/2019

Super impressed!!

Lisa has been so awesome to work with! She's super responsive and has helped us as much as she could with our budget. She is super friendly and did as many revisions as we we needed. The food is delicious and we're so excited to have P.I.G.S cater our wedding in June! Im definitely recommending P.I.G.S. to anyone looking for reasonable, exceptional BBQ and quality service! So excited!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Lisa · Married on 11/03/2018

Delicious food

The food at P.I.G.S was delicious and the staff was amazing. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Emily Williams · Married on 09/30/2018

Amazing Food and Service!

P.I.G.S was by far the best choice we could have made for catering at our wedding. The food was absolutely delicious (I still have friends talking about how good it was), the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and everyone made sure our guests were happy and everything went smoothly for the event. I highly recommend them for catering!!

Sent on 01/07/2019
  • Elena

Elena · Married on 09/29/2018

Excellent Service and Amazing Food

P.I.G.S. is a superb catering company. From start to finish, Lisa was quick to respond to questions and was kind enough to work with us to accommodate a few vegetarians for our wedding day. Their food is easily some of the best BBQ I've ever had, and their service was top-notch! We are still receiving compliments on the food and service from family and friends almost a month after the wedding. We really can't recommend these guys enough!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Alyssa · Married on 09/22/2018

P.I.G.S is by far the BEST decision we made when choosing a caterer for our wedding. Words can not express how grateful we are that we chose them for our special day! From the very beginning, Lisa was very responsive and set up a tasting that worked with our busy work schedules and living about an hour away. Little did we know that when we would arrive at the tasting not only would we be greeted by Lisa who answered all of our questions and was extremely friendly, but we would have the BEST BBQ we have ever had!! We hadn't even left the parking lot before we decided that we wanted them to provide their incredible food for all of our friends and family at our wedding!
    The months leading up to our wedding, Lisa was extremely helpful in picking our linens, plates, glasses, chairs, etc. and securing those rentals so we didn't have to deal with a seperate rental company, which was super helpful! A month before our wedding we met Jimmy (our Catering Captain from P.I.G.S) for our walkthrough at our venue and were extremely pleased with his knowledge, suggestions, and questions he had for us to ensure our day would be everything we were hoping for.
    As if we thought our experience P.I.G.S couldn't get any better, they beyond impressed not only us, but our guests at our wedding. The food was absolutely phenomenal as we still have friends and family talking about it and wanting to go to their restaurant next time they are in town. We highly recommend having a late night snack at your wedding/event as it was a huge hit and super tasty (we chose the pimento grilled cheese). On top of the food being phenomenal, all of the staff was AMMAAZZIINNNGG!!! They were super professional, friendly, and went above and beyond for us, our vendors, and our guests. Jimmy had beverages and hors d'oeuvres waiting for us and our bridal party following the ceremony while we took pictures too! Bottom line, you would be crazy not to book P.I.G.S for your wedding or next event!!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Becky · Married on 09/22/2018

Great food truck vendor! The bacon on a stick was to die for and the sliders were very good. The staff were very friendly and kept the appetizers coming. Gave people the opportunity to order as much as they wanted. Enjoyed the whole experience!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Jenny · Married on 09/15/2018

The food from PIGS was amazing! BBQ is one of the best ways to feed a large crowd and let me tell you, PIGS did not disappoint. We had so many options for passed appetizers that it was hard to choose which ones we wanted. We ended up going with mac and cheese balls, grilled pimento cheese and tomato soup, chicken and waffles and mini crab cakes. That was just the start to an amazing meal. The dinner was just as good, if not better. The food was hot and had tons of flavor. The staff was very professional and really helped keep the place clean. The person in charge at our event was Kyle and he was leaps and bounds better than what we could have imagined. He really helped the day go by smoothly and I can't recommend PIGS enough. If you want really tasty food and a professional staff, go with PIGS.

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 09/07/2018

Lisa worked with us on every detail for our wedding. My favorite things about PIGS were 1. They think of everything. For example, they bring you appetizers while you're taking pictures, and cups of water right after you walk back down the aisle after getting married. They create the menu sign. Such welcome touches.
    2. They work closely with the liquor store next door (Lakefront Wines), so you can walk next door after your tasting and put in an order for your alcohol.
    3. Everyone raved about the food. So much, and so good.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/25/2018

I have had food from one of the top ten BBQ places in Houston, TX and PIGS by far and away surpasses that and any other BBQ I have ever had. They maintain local ties and homemade recipes and everything from their brisket to pork sausage is out of this world. Stop by in Frederick at their restaurant and you won't be disappointed! I highly recommend their brisket, pork sausage and southern greens. We booked them for our wedding and they have been extremely professional and responsive and I have no doubt they will astonish our guests and provide excellent service on our big day!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Allison · Married on 07/28/2018

I cannot say enough about this AMAZING catering company!!!! They were so patient with us while we kept going back and forth between different menu choices, and were always so responsive and kind. Their BBQ is seriously fantastic...get the crab lump mac & cheese!!! WOW!
    They were on time to the venue, set up everything, and were so professional the entire night. There was always someone making sure my husband and I were eating throughout the night, and even packed two huge boxes with a little bit of everything in them for us to eat later! I cannot say enough about P.I.G.S!! They are truly wonderful.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Erika · Married on 07/07/2018

AHHHHHHHH one word to describe P.I.G.S AMAZINGGGGGGG!!!!! Very attentive and amazing the food literally beats all the places around the make quality food And the staff know exactly what they are doing thank you so much for helping us with every detail we had in the reception area Lisa and her staff were beyond exceptional

Sent on 07/21/2018
  • FutureMrsCoffeeSnacks

Alyssa · Married on 06/30/2018

Hiring PIGS as our caterer for our 6.30.18 wedding was hands-down the best decision we could have made! Lisa was incredibly flexible and accommodating throughout the planning process -- she worked with us to stay within our budget and to incorporate foods that my husband and I love throughout our menu, including adding on "late night snack" (grilled cheese!) at the end of our reception. Lisa also worked with Grand Rental Events to ensure that we had all of the rentals (linens, flatware, fans, etc) that we needed.

With all of that, we knew we'd be in good hands leading up to the wedding, but we were completely blown away on the actual day. Not only was the food incredible (we have gotten SO many compliments from guests!) -- but the service was absolutely top-notch. We had heard amazing things about Jimmy (our lead) from friends- but we were blown away by his professionalism and service. Jimmy greeted us immediately after the ceremony with a huge platter of drinks. At the reception, he brought me and my husband a plate of food right away, always made sure we had drinks, and made sure he knew who our parents and other VIPs were so that they would always be served first. He went above and beyond in EVERY way -- early into the night, we ran out of a few wines and Jimmy immediately got on the phone with the liquor store vendor to arrange for another deliver and, when our card box briefly went missing, Jimmy gladly ran off to look for it.

We also would not have had a sparkler exit if it weren't for Jimmy -- we hadn't thought through planning it, so I told our photographer that we may skip it...the next thing I knew, Jimmy came up to me and my husband to tell us that he was getting everyone lined up and explained to us how to walk out so that we'd get the best photos/video. Honestly, I don't know what we would have done without Jimmy and the PIGS team -- it was like having a 2nd venue coordinator! They were AMAZING! THANK YOU!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Sophie · Married on 06/08/2018

We had a fantastic experience with P.I.G.S. for our wedding in June. The food was excellent and a great deal - people are still talking about the fried green tomatoes and mac and cheese! They offered vegetarian and gluten-free options and Lisa was in communication with us every step of the way. I loved the option of having a seated salad and buffet dinner so that no one had to wait too long to eat, but we saved money by not having a plated dinner. I would recommend P.I.G.S. to all my friends for their next catered event!

Sent on 07/11/2018
    P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 8
    P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 9
    P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 10
    P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 11

Allison · Married on 05/27/2018

We selected P.I.G.S. to cater our daughters wedding reception after sampling their food in their Frederick restaurant last year. We live in Georgia so we were working out the details with Lisa O'Connell remotely. She was wonderful to work with and made the planning process so easy - all was done via email with no issues. Lisa arranged for the rentals we needed for the barn wedding reception and everything arrived with plenty of time to get set up. The staff was very attentive and flexible (we had to move the serving station due to an imminent downpour), The wedding reception was last weekend and everyone raved about the food ("best brisket ever!"). Thanks to Lisa and the team for the wonderful food and service!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Becca · Married on 05/26/2018

Almost every single one of my guests came up to tell me that we had the best wedding food they'd ever had. Everything was absolutely delicious. Not only that, I could not believe how wonderful the service was. I knew when I met Lisa at our tasting that we would be in good hands and that continued with Jimmy who made sure we had food all night, packed us a to-go box at the end of the night and just made us feel so relaxed. I am so happy that I can say how much we not only loved the food but the people. Deserves your business, give it to them.

Sent on 05/31/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/20/2018

The BEST caterer ever!! From the tasting to the actual wedding day, we were hooked! The food is amazing and the staff is the best of the best. Jimmy was constantly making sure I had enough to eat and drink as soon as the ceremony ended. My husband and I were well taken care of. It really doesn't get any better than P.I.G.S. Don't hesitate to hire them ASAP!!

Sent on 08/04/2018

Hillary · Married on 05/12/2018

PIGS not only provided amazing food for our wedding, but ensured every detail was perfect for our big day. From menu tasting, coordination with a rental company, setup to execution, we trusted PIGS to deliver (and they definitely did!). We enjoyed working with the team through the planning process and are (still) enjoying leftovers from our amazing day. If you want incredible BBQ (and other food) that your guests will rave about, don't hesitate to book PIGS.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Athena · Married on 05/05/2018

Our guests RAVED about the food at our wedding. Both the food and service was incredible. If you're looking for an easy to work with company that will impress all your guests, P.I.G.S. is for you!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Steven · Married on 05/05/2018

We made our initial decision to go with PIGS catering because at the initial tasting the food was absolutely amazing. If I had known then that they would also have made table/chair/linen rental, bartending services, and day-of coordinating as easy as they did, I would've locked them in years before we even got engaged! From top to bottom, P.I.G.S. blew expectation out of the water and helped create the best day of our lives. Lisa was very responsive through the process and our day of coordinator Jimmy was absolutely phenomenal. If you want amazing food at your wedding, even more amazing service, and a caterer that insists on providing the best experience possible, I HIGHLY recommend P.I.G.S. I can't wait until I'm back in Frederick to try their restaurant!

P.S. - Get the brisket. It's what dreams are made of.

Sent on 05/09/2018