P.I.G.S BBQ Catering Reviews

P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 3
P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 4
P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 5

Nideen · Getting married on 09/12/2020

PIGS catered our wedding. We chose to go with their other division, A Southern Affair, which offers more traditional meal options rather than BBQ, since I am not a huge BBQ fan. However, I did attend a wedding where PIGS served BBQ and was turned into a BBQ believer.

Anyways, we chose to do passed hors d'eurves and plated meals for our wedding. PIGS did a phenomenal job. We are big foodies, just like all of our friends and families and everyone was praising all of the food. The service was even better than I could have ever imagined. Everything went extremely smoothly and I always felt like everything was taken care of throughout the whole process and through the night. We had a little hiccup where performers were late, so that changed the entire schedule. PIGS stepped up big time and took care of everything when the schedule had to be shifted to ensure everything still flowed seamlessly. I cannot compliment them enough. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to do any kind of catering. Their prices are unbeatable, the quality of the food is amazing, and the service is impeccable.

Sent on 11/27/2017
  • Katelyn

Katelyn Millison · Getting married on 04/11/2020

Wonderful experience

I looked at at least 12 different caterers for our wedding and we ended up choosing P.I.G.S. because we felt like they were affordable and we knew all of our guests would enjoy the food. I am so happy we went with them. They were so nice to work with the entire time, and the servers on our wedding day were amazing. They always made sure I had a drink in hand even though I never once asked for one. The food was outstanding and I felt like all of our guests enjoyed the evening with a full belly and were more than satisfied. I feel like when all is said and done we got a lot for our money and the money we did spend was well spent. I would use P.I.G.S. again in a heart beat! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Stacey

Stacey Boone Robosky · Getting married on 02/04/2020

Amazing food and AMAZING service...

It was such a joy to work with this team, and the food was amazing! We are a BBQ family and this definitely didn't disappoint. As a side note, I was really impressed with the food service team they had working to serve us and our guests. They were so friendly and personable!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia Cox · Married on 11/10/2019

Absolutely Incredible

Lisa and Jimmy with PIGS are incredible. Lisa helped us organize the big picture and Jimmy was there for the tasting, the walkthrough, and the day of. I can't say enough good things about the two of them. We were not stressed at all on on our wedding day because Jimmy was so on top of things, he brought us appetizers, drinks, and dinner without being asked, he made we had seconds if we wanted, he made sure our VIPs got enough food and drink. They were flexible with the rentals and incredible kind and patient throughout the entire planning process. 10/10 would hire again. Not to mention the food is absolutely incredible and basically our entire guest list of 185 people told me so.

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 11/02/2019

Crème De La Crème

Lisa and Roddy did such an amazing job on our wedding and I am just so, so grateful for all that they did to make sure everything was perfect. The service was exceptional and the food was absolutely DELICIOUS. We received our food hot, quickly and they made sure everyone’s drinks were full. They provided all of our linens, barware, glassware, china, flatware, etc. and made sure we had enough of everything, so we did not have to worry about any of that. We wanted to have a big head table (30 people!) with lush garland going down the middle and our venue did not have the right table size, but Lisa was able to get that for us, which was a huge help and it turned out beautifully. It was such a pleasure to work with them over the past year and I would highly recommend Lisa and Roddy to anyone! They are amazing.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Emma · Married on 10/26/2019

Best caterer ever

PIGS was the most amazing option for our wedding. We wanted to find an affordable option that really had great food and they were the perfect fit. My husband and I received so many compliments on the food. Thank you Lisa and team for everything!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis Rex Davis · Married on 10/25/2019

Outstanding

PIGS was absolute perfection!
    Jimmy was so attentive. He made sure my husband and I had everything we needed!
    Everything was great, food was so yummy and service was outstanding! They were clean and everything went without a hitch!
    I highly recommend them 💕

Sent on 11/27/2019

Leah Lozier · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Food!

P.I.G.S. came highly recommended from a family friend, and they exceeded our expectations. Lisa and the whole P.I.G.S. crew went out of their way to make sure our wedding day was an amazing experience. All our guests raved about the food! We were so pleased and would highly recommend P.I.G.S. for their really stellar food and service.

PS - make sure to get the brisket and crab cakes!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Geneva Denney · Married on 09/07/2019

Excellent Company to Work With

P.I.G.S. did a fabulous job with our wedding! We are 3 weeks from when we were married and people are STILL talking about how good the food was.

Not only did the food taste great, but the staff knows how to work a wedding. While taking pictures post-ceremony we were served many appraisers, which is great because you inevitably miss your own cocktail hour. We were brought drinks, and waters while we waited to enter the reception and were served without having to walk through the buffet line. They also catered to the children we had at the wedding, being sure to call the pork "chicken" while the kids were around so they would eat. It's the little things that you don't expect from them that made the day move so smoothly. We rented out linens from them as well so it was great to have that all taken care of in one contract. Overall a fabulous experience, excellent service, and right price point for the job. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Katie · Married on 09/06/2019

Amazing service and delicious food!!

P.I.G.S. catered our wedding on 9/6 and did a phenomenal job! Not only was the food delicious, but the staff was beyond amazing. We had a wedding of 220 people and P.IG.S. did an incredible job managing everyone. We could not have been happier and are so grateful that they made our day so wonderful!

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie Eastwood · Married on 08/30/2019

Amazing, professional, would hire them again

P.I.G.S. and their staff were absolutely amazing. They even stayed to clean up! I cannot thank P.I.G.S. and their team enough for making our day so special and seamless. Everyone raved about the food, too. I have nothing but positive things to say about P.I.G.S. Out of all of our vendors, they were by far the most organized, responsive, professional, and just on the whole great to work with. Plus, Lisa, the catering coordinator is so sweet, very responsive, and just a lovely person. Thank you, Lisa!

P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 6
    Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Carly

Carly Price · Married on 08/24/2019

Delicious Food & Amazing Service!!

If you hire P.I.G.S to cater your event, you will not be disappointed! Their food is absolutely delicious, and their service during the event goes above and beyond! All of our guests raved about the food, and it is truly the best BBQ I have ever had! As soon as our ceremony was over, the P.I.G.S staff immediately attended to us to get us drinks or whatever else we wanted! This service continued throughout the entire event, and my husband and I were never without a drink in our hands! I worked with Lisa throughout the time before our wedding to get everything for the day organized, and she was wonderful!! For our walk-through and on the day of, Jimmy was our go-to guy, and he was awesome!! The P.I.G.S team had everything running perfectly, and I could not have asked for more! I am so thankful we chose them, and would chose them for many other events in the future!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • F

Francesca Gibbs · Married on 08/10/2019

Stellar BBQ and service!

We were beyond lucky to have P.I.G.S. BBQ Catering for our wedding. My fiance and I live in Boston so we actually didn't get to sample the food before our big day, but based on reviews and our venue's recommendation, we felt that we were in good hands. P.I.G.S. far exceeded our expectations. The food was delicious and the quality was superior. We got endless compliments about the food and our guests were blown away. Wedding food can be meh or barely remembered...not P.I.G.S.! Everyone went up for seconds and kept talking about how delicious it all was. We were incredibly happy and felt so grateful to the P.I.G.S. team. Last, but certainly not least...BIG shout out to Jimmy. He was our main point of contact for the big day and he kept us fed and knew our drinks for the entire night. He even brought me a plate of just mac and cheese once I told him how much I loved it. Cannot recommend this team more! Thank you for the excellent food and service!

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 08/10/2019

The BEST Food and Staff

We are SO happy we chose P.I.G.S. catering for our wedding. We knew we wanted barbecue and had had them once before! Lisa was our point of contact during the entire wedding planning process and she was AMAZING. We had passed hors d'oeuvres at our cocktail hour and a BBQ buffet at dinner. They also provided us with our bartenders for the night. Everything went better than we could've ever imagined. Guests were RAVING about the food (specifically the smoked chicken and the mac n cheese). The bartenders were so efficient, lines were never long. Pedro was the head of staff the day of the wedding and he made sure my husband and I got to try every appetizer amidst all the guests coming to talk to us and he also made us a plate for dinner before guests went through the buffet. He and everyone at PIGS truly made us feel so special. At the end of the night the staff even helped break down chairs and tables to make it easier on the rental company. I would recommend PIGS to everyone for both their delicious food AND their amazing hospitality. Thank you so much for making our day special!!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/09/2019

WOW!!!!!!!!!

This place!! I had such a perfect day and a lot of it had to do with PIGS... they are AMAZING!!! They helped with making sure the place was set up, they kept the entire bridal party fed all day and helped clean up at the end. Not only did they bring all the food, they catered to my every need as the bride. I really don't know how well it would have gone without them because they played such a huge part. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • David

David Jones · Married on 07/12/2019

Seamless from start to finish!

P.I.G.S. catered my daughter's wedding 3 weeks ago and we couldn’t have been happier with the outcome. They were highly responsive from start to finish. Dealing with Lisa, the owner, and Jimmy, the head caterer was so easy. We knew we were in great hands because we also heard great things about them from many of our wedding vendors. We had the pulled pork, smoked chicken, and beef brisket. All were excellent and many of our guests said it was the best wedding food they ever had. I can’t say enough about this caterer. Do a tasting with them and you’ll see how good they are.

Sent on 08/05/2019

Katelin · Married on 06/29/2019

I don't think there was a single guest at our wedding that didn't mention how great the food was! From our first meeting, to the finished product, P.I.G.S. was amazing to work with. Lisa was so helpful in providing updated quotes and changes to our menu. We had them do everything from cocktail hour to desserts (mini pies, pastries, cookies) and everything in between and it was all delicious. On top of that, the service the day of our wedding was astounding. Guests were well fed during the cocktail hour and likewise at dinner. In particular, an employee named Seth was amazing! He was so helpful in bringing us food and drinks during pictures, dinner, dancing...wherever, whenever...what we needed, Seth got. He even packaged up two "to go" meals for us so we had some more food from the wedding the next day. We can't say enough good things about P.I.G.S. and would highly recommend them for catering services and I can see us using them for smaller catering in the future!

Sent on 11/21/2016
  • Lauren

Lauren O'boyle · Married on 06/22/2019

Fantastic Food!

P.I.G.S. are a fantastic catering group! The food is delicious, service is top-notch, and staff is friendly! They work with you to make your individualized menu. I used them for my wedding and could not be more pleased! Book them for your next event!

Sent on 07/10/2019

JOHN · Married on 06/15/2019

Just sample PIGS food. Then decide.

We had a friend's barn as our venue, so we did something different from the get go. We simply didn't want the typical hotel banquet. Our casual ceremony (that included our Shelby's) was outside, with the reception inside with a very country feel. A BBQ buffet worked just perfect for us - and PIGS food is delicious. They have a great menu to choose from - and Lisa O'Connell was very responsive and helpful thru the entire process. Lisa also arranged for all the event rentals - tables, chairs, linens, dinnerware, etc. Prices are very reasonable - and their service folks very attentive, helpful and friendly. Nothing but high marks all around from us and our guests. Just take a trip to Frederick MD and try their food. The rest is easy!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Makrina Aziz · Married on 06/10/2019

Best wedding caterers ever!

There are no words to express how great PIGS were at our wedding. Special thanks to Jimmy, who was an incredible coordinator, was very attentive to all of our needs and our guests. All my guests commented on how amazing the food was, they said it's the best wedding food they've ever had. PIGs are so easy to work and so helpful in making the day as smooth as possible!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Rachel Macklin · Married on 06/02/2019

What an amazing team

I can not say enough good things about the catering. From the very first time we met for the tasting it was easy going, we had all our questions answered and it was DELICIOUS. We received many compliments on the food but above that they went above and beyond to take care of me and my husband. We provided our own cocktail apps and they were set up outside, right before the wedding it started raining so they took the initiative to move everything inside (despite it not even being their food!) Luckily we caught a break in the rain for the ceremony! As soon as we walked up to the house after the ceremony they were there with water for my husband and I and ready to grab us anything we needed. They had plates made for us prior to serving guests to allow us a few minutes to eat before getting interrupted and stayed on top of us all night making sure all our needs were met. Even keeping our drinks from the bar filled (despite it not being their bartenders). They helped clean up and had all our leftovers packed up and ready for us at the end of the night as well. They went above and beyond anything I could have expected. Thank you PIGS :)

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2019

Excellent Food and Service!

PIGS did an amazing job at our wedding. Everything was seamless and the food was delicious. The linens and place settings looked perfect. Got lots of compliments, and our family enjoyed the leftovers. Will definitely be stopping by their restaurant for lunch next time we are in Frederick! Lisa was a pleasure to work with.

P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 7
    P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 15
    Sent on 08/04/2019

Bayan · Married on 06/01/2019

Super impressed!!

Lisa has been so awesome to work with! She's super responsive and has helped us as much as she could with our budget. She is super friendly and did as many revisions as we we needed. The food is delicious and we're so excited to have P.I.G.S cater our wedding in June! Im definitely recommending P.I.G.S. to anyone looking for reasonable, exceptional BBQ and quality service! So excited!

Sent on 01/09/2019
  • Kati

Kati Hale · Married on 04/13/2019

BBQ, Booze, Bad Dance Moves

PIGS is easily the best caterer in the area - you can't go wrong with southern comfort and they do it the best! The food was fantastic, the service was amazing, leading up to and after the wedding. I felt they took care of everything we needed, and I had no concerns the day of the wedding. They set up and took down, were attentive to ensure my husband and I had food to eat, and cleaned up. The bartenders were fantastic as well. Couldn't have made a better choice for our big day! (Photos by Paula Bartosiewicz Photography)

P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 16
    P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 22
    P.I.G.S BBQ Catering 23
    Sent on 07/28/2019

Melinda Colonna · Married on 01/06/2019

Wonderful Food and Professional Staff!

My daughter was married June 2019 and P.I.G.S catering was top notch. Lisa was very flexible, as we had to make a few last minute changes. She even accommodated 2 of our guests who are vegan, letting them choose a meal separate from what was being offered. We had passed hors d'oeuvres and a beautiful, fresh fruit display for the cocktail hour and a plated salad prior to a bbq buffet, which was just phenomenal. The staff worked very smoothly throughout the evening, and you almost didn't even know they were there, but yet they were on top of everything. Additionally, their setting up and breaking everything down so quickly at the end (only had an hour) went flawlessly. We highly recommend P.I.G.S.!

Sent on 11/21/2019