P.I.G.S BBQ Catering Reviews

201 Reviews for P.I.G.S BBQ Catering

• Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 10/11/2020

Best day of my life

Lisa and her team have the most amazing staff!! Pedro and the whole team took such good care of us. It was literally the best day of my life. They always made sure we had food or drinks, brought us some appetizers during pictures, even brought me a whole tray of oysters to have with my dinner. They packed everything up so neatly and nicely for us. I was blown away. Everyone loved the food, the brisket was so tasty, and the chicken was falling off the bone. So delicious. They even set aside all our decorations to clean up the next day so we didn’t have to do it that night.

Sent on 10/14/2020
  • Allie

Allie Digioia · Married on 10/06/2020

Great team, Fabulous Food, Excellent Service, and Overall Wonderful "Friendorship"

If you're looking for delicious BBQ food and all of the fixings, attentive customer service, and great pricing, than please look no further than to P.I.G.S BBQ Catering! My best friend had hired them to cater her wedding 5 years ago, and the food was remarkable! Once I launched my own wedding planning business in 2016, I knew who would be one of my recommended caterers in the Frederick, MD/surrounding areas! Lisa & her team do not only provide attentive & friendly customer service, but their team executes flawlessly from start-to-finish. A designated team member worked with me last year with a full-service planning client. We conducted a thorough walk through together, discussed a game plan for set-up, execution, and breakdown. They always exchanged timely emails and communication throughout the planning process. They are the epitome of team players, when working together on and offsite. The wedding went off without a hitch, the food was incredible, and the overall experience made it not only memorable for the clients, but for me as a partnered vendor. They always go above and beyond, recommend food within client budgets, and ensure your day is set for success. The BIG difference you may find, while working with P.I.G.S BBQ Catering, is the overall personal experience. They make you feel like one of their own! I continue to work with Lisa and her team on other weddings and I 110% would highly recommend them for not only a wedding, but any special event a client may have in mind! Cheers to you all!

Sent on 05/15/2020

Haley Fowler · Married on 09/26/2020

Southern Chic Cuisine

Best wedding food ever! My husband and I knew we didn’t want to go the traditional, plated “chicken or fish” route, and we were so pleased when our wedding venue told us about PIGS BBQ. We wanted to have a casual yet elegant reception out in the rolling hills of VA, and this gourmet BBQ couldn’t have been a better fit. From our first conversation to Lisa, to the prompt food tasting, to our wedding night, we were continually impressed with this business. Not only is all of the food absolutely delicious, but Lisa and her staff were professional, attentive, and SO kind. Lisa helped us navigate several changes months leading up to our wedding- and she did it with so much grace. We had such peace of mind going into our big day that the PIGS staff would take care of us and our guests. They went above and beyond, especially making sure my husband and I had food and drinks immediately following the ceremony (during portraits) and then had a full, hot plate ready for us when we concluded our golden hour photoshoot. All of our guests are still raving about how good the food was- and how unique it was for a wedding. It is no surprise that we hardly had any leftovers! We are hoping to have another special event in the future so we can have PIGS BBQ cater again!

Sent on 10/15/2020
  • Hailey

Hailey · Married on 09/19/2020

Highly Recommend!

We had the opportunity to work with PIGS for our special wedding day. Lisa and her team went above and beyond from the planning, the day of and clean up. We were effected by COVID and Lisa provided all options we had and walked us through what our new plan looked like. We were in constant communication from preparing the proposal until a week before for any last minute updates on her end. For the day of her team was very professional and friendly. Our guests loved the bartender and all of the servers. The staff had the proper PPE and everyone felt safe during the event. We are beyond thankful for our amazing Captain, Daniel. Daniel make sure we had everything we needed throughout the night. We are so thankful that we choose such a great caterer for our special day! We highly recommend PIGS to be trusted for your special day or any other events! Thank you Lisa and team!!!

Sent on 10/18/2020

Nideen · Married on 09/12/2020

PIGS catered our wedding. We chose to go with their other division, A Southern Affair, which offers more traditional meal options rather than BBQ, since I am not a huge BBQ fan. However, I did attend a wedding where PIGS served BBQ and was turned into a BBQ believer.

Anyways, we chose to do passed hors d'eurves and plated meals for our wedding. PIGS did a phenomenal job. We are big foodies, just like all of our friends and families and everyone was praising all of the food. The service was even better than I could have ever imagined. Everything went extremely smoothly and I always felt like everything was taken care of throughout the whole process and through the night. We had a little hiccup where performers were late, so that changed the entire schedule. PIGS stepped up big time and took care of everything when the schedule had to be shifted to ensure everything still flowed seamlessly. I cannot compliment them enough. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to do any kind of catering. Their prices are unbeatable, the quality of the food is amazing, and the service is impeccable.

Sent on 11/27/2017
  • Henri

Henri Huber · Married on 09/11/2020

So happy!!!!

The catering staff at PIGS was a pleasure to work with. And if you want guests to talk about how GOOD and AMAZING the food was at your wedding -look no further. I am 3 weeks past my wedding and still have guests talking about how delicious the food was! The bartenders were amazing, and Pedro was so pleasant to work with! We are so happy with our choice and trusting PIGS with our big day!! It was perfect!

Sent on 09/25/2020

Jake Shilling · Married on 08/29/2020

Amazing BBQ and Service

PIGS food was fantastic on our wedding day. No one believed us that the appetizers were from a BBQ place, but we had bacon wrapped scallops, crab stuffed mushrooms, and a blackberry mozzarella skewer that were all amazing. The brisket, pulled pork, and mac n cheese were phenomenal too.

But, the best thing about PIGS was the service and attention to detail the whole day of the wedding. They were organized and on top of every moment of the wedding. We were greeted with ice water after our outdoor ceremony and the care continued from there.

Sent on 10/13/2020

Eleanor Burns · Married on 07/12/2020

Excellent Caterer

Lisa, Pedro and team outdid themselves from start to finish. Beginning with the first inquiry, Lisa was always one step ahead of us making sure we thought of everything! She was extremely responsive throughout the process and then with COVID she was the first to contact us and let us know how we could still have our wedding while practicing all safety measures. PIGS was so good to us and I could go on and on about everything they did to make our day perfect. They helped clean up the wedding decor at the end of the night, packed up all the leftover food for us to take home, even made sure to help load anything into my parents car at the end of the night. Pedro was constantly making sure my parents as well as us (the bride and groom) had what we needed. From food to drinks, he served us like royalty. They go above and beyond and not to mention the food is delicious. We had the brisket, chicken, and pulled pork on our menu- we received so many compliments on the food :) Every penny we spent was worth it and they did a phenomenal job. I plan to use PIGS for all my future catering needs. Dont think twice- PIGS will not disappoint

Sent on 07/28/2020
  • Emily

Emily Hair · Married on 07/04/2020

7/4/2020 - the best wedding food we've ever had

PIGS BBQ catered our 7/4/2020 wedding and we heard from countless guests that it was the BEST food at a wedding they had ever had - and we have to agree, it was AMAZING. We loved every single thing about working with Lisa, Pedro, and the rest of the team. I was unable to go for a tasting prior to our wedding, but Lisa was so helpful and very easy to work with. I can honestly say that every single thing from the passed appetizers to the baked beans, smoked chicken, and signature BBQ sauces, tasted absolutely amazing. We are from West Virginia and we have already planned on making a trip to Frederick so that we can visit their restaurant and have their food again. Do not hesitate to contact Lisa and to use them for your wedding and catering needs, you will absolutely not regret it!!

Sent on 07/06/2020
  • Amy_Robert

Robert Kim · Married on 07/03/2020

Amazing Catering Service

We used P.I.G.S catering for our wedding and couldn't have been happier with our decision. Lisa and team were awesome to work with throughout the entire process. They were flexible, accommodating, and responsive as we had to make multiple changes due to COVID. Having a full-service catering team alleviated a lot of our stress since we were able to go through 1 team. The food was delicious and the entire staff was professional, attentive and friendly to make our special day unforgettable. We would recommend and use again in the future.

Sent on 07/09/2020

Molly Miller · Married on 06/27/2020

PIGS -wedding catering

Lisa and PIGS was incredibly helpful as we had to re-plan our wedding from a 300 person wedding to a small intimate ceremony due to COVID-19. They were wonderful and reassuring in the planning process. The day of, they made everything run very smoothly. Their day of wedding staff was very polite and the food was delicious.

Sent on 07/28/2020

Heather Muir · Married on 04/24/2020

Absolutely Fantastic

Look no further than PIGS for all your catering needs. Lisa was so responsive and flexible throughout our time working together. The food was all so delicious, our guests had nothing but great thing to say about everything they tasted. The food created a nice relaxed atmosphere that kept guests happy.
    The icing on the cake was the service Jimmy provided, it was out of this world. He made sure we had plenty to eat and drink all night, even meeting us with a drink right after the ceremony.

Sent on 10/05/2020
  • Katelyn

Katelyn Millison · Married on 04/11/2020

Wonderful experience

I looked at at least 12 different caterers for our wedding and we ended up choosing P.I.G.S. because we felt like they were affordable and we knew all of our guests would enjoy the food. I am so happy we went with them. They were so nice to work with the entire time, and the servers on our wedding day were amazing. They always made sure I had a drink in hand even though I never once asked for one. The food was outstanding and I felt like all of our guests enjoyed the evening with a full belly and were more than satisfied. I feel like when all is said and done we got a lot for our money and the money we did spend was well spent. I would use P.I.G.S. again in a heart beat! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Stacey

Stacey Boone Robosky · Married on 02/04/2020

Amazing food and AMAZING service...

It was such a joy to work with this team, and the food was amazing! We are a BBQ family and this definitely didn't disappoint. As a side note, I was really impressed with the food service team they had working to serve us and our guests. They were so friendly and personable!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia Cox · Married on 11/10/2019

Absolutely Incredible

Lisa and Jimmy with PIGS are incredible. Lisa helped us organize the big picture and Jimmy was there for the tasting, the walkthrough, and the day of. I can't say enough good things about the two of them. We were not stressed at all on on our wedding day because Jimmy was so on top of things, he brought us appetizers, drinks, and dinner without being asked, he made we had seconds if we wanted, he made sure our VIPs got enough food and drink. They were flexible with the rentals and incredible kind and patient throughout the entire planning process. 10/10 would hire again. Not to mention the food is absolutely incredible and basically our entire guest list of 185 people told me so.

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 11/02/2019

Crème De La Crème

Lisa and Roddy did such an amazing job on our wedding and I am just so, so grateful for all that they did to make sure everything was perfect. The service was exceptional and the food was absolutely DELICIOUS. We received our food hot, quickly and they made sure everyone’s drinks were full. They provided all of our linens, barware, glassware, china, flatware, etc. and made sure we had enough of everything, so we did not have to worry about any of that. We wanted to have a big head table (30 people!) with lush garland going down the middle and our venue did not have the right table size, but Lisa was able to get that for us, which was a huge help and it turned out beautifully. It was such a pleasure to work with them over the past year and I would highly recommend Lisa and Roddy to anyone! They are amazing.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Emma · Married on 10/26/2019

Best caterer ever

PIGS was the most amazing option for our wedding. We wanted to find an affordable option that really had great food and they were the perfect fit. My husband and I received so many compliments on the food. Thank you Lisa and team for everything!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis Rex Davis · Married on 10/25/2019

Outstanding

PIGS was absolute perfection!
    Jimmy was so attentive. He made sure my husband and I had everything we needed!
    Everything was great, food was so yummy and service was outstanding! They were clean and everything went without a hitch!
    I highly recommend them 💕

Sent on 11/27/2019

Leah Lozier · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Food!

P.I.G.S. came highly recommended from a family friend, and they exceeded our expectations. Lisa and the whole P.I.G.S. crew went out of their way to make sure our wedding day was an amazing experience. All our guests raved about the food! We were so pleased and would highly recommend P.I.G.S. for their really stellar food and service.

PS - make sure to get the brisket and crab cakes!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Geneva Denney · Married on 09/07/2019

Excellent Company to Work With

P.I.G.S. did a fabulous job with our wedding! We are 3 weeks from when we were married and people are STILL talking about how good the food was.

Not only did the food taste great, but the staff knows how to work a wedding. While taking pictures post-ceremony we were served many appraisers, which is great because you inevitably miss your own cocktail hour. We were brought drinks, and waters while we waited to enter the reception and were served without having to walk through the buffet line. They also catered to the children we had at the wedding, being sure to call the pork "chicken" while the kids were around so they would eat. It's the little things that you don't expect from them that made the day move so smoothly. We rented out linens from them as well so it was great to have that all taken care of in one contract. Overall a fabulous experience, excellent service, and right price point for the job. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Katie · Married on 09/06/2019

Amazing service and delicious food!!

P.I.G.S. catered our wedding on 9/6 and did a phenomenal job! Not only was the food delicious, but the staff was beyond amazing. We had a wedding of 220 people and P.IG.S. did an incredible job managing everyone. We could not have been happier and are so grateful that they made our day so wonderful!

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie Eastwood · Married on 08/30/2019

Amazing, professional, would hire them again

P.I.G.S. and their staff were absolutely amazing. They even stayed to clean up! I cannot thank P.I.G.S. and their team enough for making our day so special and seamless. Everyone raved about the food, too. I have nothing but positive things to say about P.I.G.S. Out of all of our vendors, they were by far the most organized, responsive, professional, and just on the whole great to work with. Plus, Lisa, the catering coordinator is so sweet, very responsive, and just a lovely person. Thank you, Lisa!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Carly

Carly Price · Married on 08/24/2019

Delicious Food & Amazing Service!!

If you hire P.I.G.S to cater your event, you will not be disappointed! Their food is absolutely delicious, and their service during the event goes above and beyond! All of our guests raved about the food, and it is truly the best BBQ I have ever had! As soon as our ceremony was over, the P.I.G.S staff immediately attended to us to get us drinks or whatever else we wanted! This service continued throughout the entire event, and my husband and I were never without a drink in our hands! I worked with Lisa throughout the time before our wedding to get everything for the day organized, and she was wonderful!! For our walk-through and on the day of, Jimmy was our go-to guy, and he was awesome!! The P.I.G.S team had everything running perfectly, and I could not have asked for more! I am so thankful we chose them, and would chose them for many other events in the future!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • F

Francesca Gibbs · Married on 08/10/2019

Stellar BBQ and service!

We were beyond lucky to have P.I.G.S. BBQ Catering for our wedding. My fiance and I live in Boston so we actually didn't get to sample the food before our big day, but based on reviews and our venue's recommendation, we felt that we were in good hands. P.I.G.S. far exceeded our expectations. The food was delicious and the quality was superior. We got endless compliments about the food and our guests were blown away. Wedding food can be meh or barely remembered...not P.I.G.S.! Everyone went up for seconds and kept talking about how delicious it all was. We were incredibly happy and felt so grateful to the P.I.G.S. team. Last, but certainly not least...BIG shout out to Jimmy. He was our main point of contact for the big day and he kept us fed and knew our drinks for the entire night. He even brought me a plate of just mac and cheese once I told him how much I loved it. Cannot recommend this team more! Thank you for the excellent food and service!

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 08/10/2019

The BEST Food and Staff

We are SO happy we chose P.I.G.S. catering for our wedding. We knew we wanted barbecue and had had them once before! Lisa was our point of contact during the entire wedding planning process and she was AMAZING. We had passed hors d'oeuvres at our cocktail hour and a BBQ buffet at dinner. They also provided us with our bartenders for the night. Everything went better than we could've ever imagined. Guests were RAVING about the food (specifically the smoked chicken and the mac n cheese). The bartenders were so efficient, lines were never long. Pedro was the head of staff the day of the wedding and he made sure my husband and I got to try every appetizer amidst all the guests coming to talk to us and he also made us a plate for dinner before guests went through the buffet. He and everyone at PIGS truly made us feel so special. At the end of the night the staff even helped break down chairs and tables to make it easier on the rental company. I would recommend PIGS to everyone for both their delicious food AND their amazing hospitality. Thank you so much for making our day special!!

Sent on 08/26/2019