P.I.G.S BBQ Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Sean W. Married on 05/07/2022

Great Wedding Caterer

PIGS was a great caterer for our wedding of almost 200 people! Lisa and her team did an awesome job of taking care of us and walking us through the process from start to finish. They're experts, very professional, and were flexible, allowing us to tweak things up to a week or two before the wedding. The food was also really great. The BBQ was excellent (even the biggest BBQ snobs commented how much they liked it), the passed apps were elevated and the oysters were a huge hit. The day of crew also did a great job of taking care of everyone, and made us feel especially special on our big day. We'd highly recommend them!
  • Melissa
    Melissa R. Married on 11/13/2021

Great Experience

We had PIGS cater our wedding and they did a wonderful job. It was wonderful having a group of professionals that we were confidant in, the food would be great, and we knew they would run like finely oiled machine. We were able to enjoy our day with out stress.
    Shelby T. Married on 10/17/2021

Great BBQ and Services

This is the second time we've used P.I.G.S. for a large event. The food is fantastic! We were able to go to their restaurant for a tasting and then customized our menu. Our guests really enjoyed the charcuterie board we had at the cocktail hour. If you're considering P.I.G.S., stop by their restaurant in Frederick and try their BBQ!
  • Katilyn
    Katilyn P. Married on 08/28/2021

Very Great!!

Everyone at PIGS was so helpful and always made sure my husband and I were happy with everything. The food was amazing!!!
  • Yinka
    Yinka M. Married on 05/30/2021

Best service, best food, best team. Hire pigs!

PIGS catered our 85 person wedding in May of 2021. From the start (getting quote and planning with Lisa) the team blew our expectations out of the water. We used the team to rent linens, silverware, some of our furniture (bars + shelving), and of course to provide a buffet-style dinner to our wedding guests. Everything was spectacular, and extremely affordable compared to other vendors we considered.
    The food was perfect, the staff was the most amazing of any vendor we worked with. They were a dream team, led by our FANTASTIC event captain, Jimmy. As the bride and groom, we were never without a drink in our hands (even when taking pictures during cocktail, or food options right in front of us). The team was polite, attentive, and just so fun to work with. Everyone loved the food as well. I would hire PIGS again in a heartbeat - they were just that good.
    Sarah K. Married on 05/29/2021

Guests called it the best wedding food ever

My now-husband and I knew we wanted BBQ at our wedding, and PIGS was by far the best we tried. From the crispy skin on the grilled chicken to the juicy brisket, from the scrumptious appetizers to the service, we were blown away at the tasting and no other caterer could measure up.

Lisa, part of the husband-and-wife team who own the company, was super responsive and very helpful in answering all my questions. She and her team head Pedro came to our final walkthrough to ensure all the details were set. On my wedding day, which was rainy and cold, PIGS even set up outdoor ceremony chairs in addition to indoor chairs, just in case there was a chance we got lucky with the rain and could go outside (we didn’t get lucky, alas!).

Our sweetheart table was located off the end of the buffet, and as guests walked past us with their plates, we got so many comments on how great the food looked, and how it was the best wedding food ever. PIGS also made delicious pies for our dessert, since we preferred those to a cake. PIGS made a signature cocktail that we requested perfectly to our tastes (blackberry bourbon lemonade, not too sweet!).

My only regret: having to give the leftovers to family and friends as we departed for our honeymoon! I wanted to eat it all!
  • Kristina
    Kristina Married on 05/15/2021

Fantastic!

P.I.G.S did an amazing job with our wedding! Lisa was extremely responsive and made sure everything was ran smoothly for our big day. The food was OUTSTANDING! Our guests are still raving about it to this day. If you want your wedding ran perfectly, I suggest hiring P.I.G.S. They knocked it out of the park!
  • Susan
    Susan T. Married on 05/01/2021

Excellent Service

Lisa and her team are wonderful to work with. We did BBQ and passed hors d'oeuvre for our wedding and we received so many compliments from our guests about how delicious the food was. Their customer service and attentiveness were exceptional. They really took care of us and our guests. I cannot thank them enough. Pedro went above and beyond. He made sure my husband and I were fed and checked in on us throughout the day to see if we needed anything. PIGS BBQ played a huge part in making our wedding absolutely perfect.
    Jenny P. Married on 05/01/2021

Trust the reviews!

My husband and I got married in Maryland but live out of state. We had to rely heavily on reviews when choosing our caterer for our wedding. Let me just say, TRUST THE FANTASTIC REVIEWS. We could not have picked a better caterer for our wedding day. Our guests are still complimenting us on the food and service two months later. (The Mac n' Cheese is to die for!) Lisa was great to work with and helped a ton with our rentals through Select Rentals as well. PIGS was so accommodating and easy to work with when planning a pandemic era wedding. The quality of food and service for the price is unbeatable. They have an expansive menu with tons of options that can fit any appetite, including substitutes for vegetarian guests that aren't just salad. Truly the staff went above and beyond to make sure everyone was fed and happy. If you are looking for BBQ for your wedding, you won't find anyone better than PIGS. Thank you to Lisa and the team for making our wedding day perfect, we can't thank you enough!
  • Audra
    Audra S. Married on 12/05/2020

We wanted anything but a “beef, chicken or fish” dinner and PIGS delivered!!!

Everything about PIGS is amazing! My husband and I wanted something “different” for our wedding and once we tasted PIGS BBQ we were sold! The sauces and rubs are so amazing and all of their slow smoked meats are to die for! They have such creative appetizers and everyone at our wedding loved the tomato soup/grilled cheese shooters and the crab cakes! Even our parents/older relatives who expected a more “traditional” wedding dinner loved the meal and couldn’t stop talking about how great the food was! We went buffet style, which I would definitely recommend because it is simplifies everything so much and everyone wanted a second round! Even with everyone getting second helpings, we had plenty of leftovers to enjoy after the wedding. The PIGS staff also made sure that my husband and I had a plate of our favorite meats & sides ready for us and they made sure that we had a chance to eat at our own wedding because they understood how busy the reception could be for the bride and groom! The food is phenomenal and the staff is so kind and easy to work with! We would recommend PIGS to anyone and we are thrilled that they are opening a restaurant soon too! We can’t wait to check it out and have some more incredible PIGS BBQ!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 10/11/2020

Best day of my life

Lisa and her team have the most amazing staff!! Pedro and the whole team took such good care of us. It was literally the best day of my life. They always made sure we had food or drinks, brought us some appetizers during pictures, even brought me a whole tray of oysters to have with my dinner. They packed everything up so neatly and nicely for us. I was blown away. Everyone loved the food, the brisket was so tasty, and the chicken was falling off the bone. So delicious. They even set aside all our decorations to clean up the next day so we didn’t have to do it that night.
  • Allie
    Allie D. Married on 10/06/2020

Great team, Fabulous Food, Excellent Service, and Overall Wonderful "Friendorship"

If you're looking for delicious BBQ food and all of the fixings, attentive customer service, and great pricing, than please look no further than to P.I.G.S BBQ Catering! My best friend had hired them to cater her wedding 5 years ago, and the food was remarkable! Once I launched my own wedding planning business in 2016, I knew who would be one of my recommended caterers in the Frederick, MD/surrounding areas! Lisa & her team do not only provide attentive & friendly customer service, but their team executes flawlessly from start-to-finish. A designated team member worked with me last year with a full-service planning client. We conducted a thorough walk through together, discussed a game plan for set-up, execution, and breakdown. They always exchanged timely emails and communication throughout the planning process. They are the epitome of team players, when working together on and offsite. The wedding went off without a hitch, the food was incredible, and the overall experience made it not only memorable for the clients, but for me as a partnered vendor. They always go above and beyond, recommend food within client budgets, and ensure your day is set for success. The BIG difference you may find, while working with P.I.G.S BBQ Catering, is the overall personal experience. They make you feel like one of their own! I continue to work with Lisa and her team on other weddings and I 110% would highly recommend them for not only a wedding, but any special event a client may have in mind! Cheers to you all!
    Joanita M. Married on 10/03/2020

Absolutely the BEST experience!

What an amazing company/caterer!! We were supposed to get married in May 2020, but with COVID we rescheduled to July... then to October. PIGS was not only flexible, but they also took every precaution to ensure the safety of our guests and their employees when we were finally able to have our wedding. They also really worked with our budget, which was something we truly appreciated. The food was amazing! The brisket was out of this world and the sides and appetizers were also amazing!! As good as the food was, the service was even better. Jimmy was phenomenal and made sure that my husband and I were taken care of with drinks and food the entire night! Not only that, but he knew exactly what the immediate family was drinking and never let a cup stay empty! Everyone else on staff was amazing as well and truly were such a highlight on our special day. Working with Lisa leading up to the big day was such a joy, and I truly enjoyed her warmness over email! Thank you for the amazing experience and excellent food! I would 10/10 recommend this for anyone looking for top notch food and the BEST service!!
    Haley F. Married on 09/26/2020

Southern Chic Cuisine

Best wedding food ever! My husband and I knew we didn’t want to go the traditional, plated “chicken or fish” route, and we were so pleased when our wedding venue told us about PIGS BBQ. We wanted to have a casual yet elegant reception out in the rolling hills of VA, and this gourmet BBQ couldn’t have been a better fit. From our first conversation to Lisa, to the prompt food tasting, to our wedding night, we were continually impressed with this business. Not only is all of the food absolutely delicious, but Lisa and her staff were professional, attentive, and SO kind. Lisa helped us navigate several changes months leading up to our wedding- and she did it with so much grace. We had such peace of mind going into our big day that the PIGS staff would take care of us and our guests. They went above and beyond, especially making sure my husband and I had food and drinks immediately following the ceremony (during portraits) and then had a full, hot plate ready for us when we concluded our golden hour photoshoot. All of our guests are still raving about how good the food was- and how unique it was for a wedding. It is no surprise that we hardly had any leftovers! We are hoping to have another special event in the future so we can have PIGS BBQ cater again!
  • Hailey
    Hailey Married on 09/19/2020

Highly Recommend!

We had the opportunity to work with PIGS for our special wedding day. Lisa and her team went above and beyond from the planning, the day of and clean up. We were effected by COVID and Lisa provided all options we had and walked us through what our new plan looked like. We were in constant communication from preparing the proposal until a week before for any last minute updates on her end. For the day of her team was very professional and friendly. Our guests loved the bartender and all of the servers. The staff had the proper PPE and everyone felt safe during the event. We are beyond thankful for our amazing Captain, Daniel. Daniel make sure we had everything we needed throughout the night. We are so thankful that we choose such a great caterer for our special day! We highly recommend PIGS to be trusted for your special day or any other events! Thank you Lisa and team!!!
    Nideen Married on 09/12/2020
    PIGS catered our wedding. We chose to go with their other division, A Southern Affair, which offers more traditional meal options rather than BBQ, since I am not a huge BBQ fan. However, I did attend a wedding where PIGS served BBQ and was turned into a BBQ believer.

Anyways, we chose to do passed hors d'eurves and plated meals for our wedding. PIGS did a phenomenal job. We are big foodies, just like all of our friends and families and everyone was praising all of the food. The service was even better than I could have ever imagined. Everything went extremely smoothly and I always felt like everything was taken care of throughout the whole process and through the night. We had a little hiccup where performers were late, so that changed the entire schedule. PIGS stepped up big time and took care of everything when the schedule had to be shifted to ensure everything still flowed seamlessly. I cannot compliment them enough. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to do any kind of catering. Their prices are unbeatable, the quality of the food is amazing, and the service is impeccable.
  • Henri
    Henri H. Married on 09/11/2020

So happy!!!!

The catering staff at PIGS was a pleasure to work with. And if you want guests to talk about how GOOD and AMAZING the food was at your wedding -look no further. I am 3 weeks past my wedding and still have guests talking about how delicious the food was! The bartenders were amazing, and Pedro was so pleasant to work with! We are so happy with our choice and trusting PIGS with our big day!! It was perfect!
    Jake S. Married on 08/29/2020

Amazing BBQ and Service

PIGS food was fantastic on our wedding day. No one believed us that the appetizers were from a BBQ place, but we had bacon wrapped scallops, crab stuffed mushrooms, and a blackberry mozzarella skewer that were all amazing. The brisket, pulled pork, and mac n cheese were phenomenal too.

But, the best thing about PIGS was the service and attention to detail the whole day of the wedding. They were organized and on top of every moment of the wedding. We were greeted with ice water after our outdoor ceremony and the care continued from there.
    Eleanor B. Married on 07/12/2020

Excellent Caterer

Lisa, Pedro and team outdid themselves from start to finish. Beginning with the first inquiry, Lisa was always one step ahead of us making sure we thought of everything! She was extremely responsive throughout the process and then with COVID she was the first to contact us and let us know how we could still have our wedding while practicing all safety measures. PIGS was so good to us and I could go on and on about everything they did to make our day perfect. They helped clean up the wedding decor at the end of the night, packed up all the leftover food for us to take home, even made sure to help load anything into my parents car at the end of the night. Pedro was constantly making sure my parents as well as us (the bride and groom) had what we needed. From food to drinks, he served us like royalty. They go above and beyond and not to mention the food is delicious. We had the brisket, chicken, and pulled pork on our menu- we received so many compliments on the food :) Every penny we spent was worth it and they did a phenomenal job. I plan to use PIGS for all my future catering needs. Dont think twice- PIGS will not disappoint
  • Emily
    Emily H. Married on 07/04/2020

7/4/2020 - the best wedding food we've ever had

PIGS BBQ catered our 7/4/2020 wedding and we heard from countless guests that it was the BEST food at a wedding they had ever had - and we have to agree, it was AMAZING. We loved every single thing about working with Lisa, Pedro, and the rest of the team. I was unable to go for a tasting prior to our wedding, but Lisa was so helpful and very easy to work with. I can honestly say that every single thing from the passed appetizers to the baked beans, smoked chicken, and signature BBQ sauces, tasted absolutely amazing. We are from West Virginia and we have already planned on making a trip to Frederick so that we can visit their restaurant and have their food again. Do not hesitate to contact Lisa and to use them for your wedding and catering needs, you will absolutely not regret it!!
  • Amy_Robert
    Robert K. Married on 07/03/2020

Amazing Catering Service

We used P.I.G.S catering for our wedding and couldn't have been happier with our decision. Lisa and team were awesome to work with throughout the entire process. They were flexible, accommodating, and responsive as we had to make multiple changes due to COVID. Having a full-service catering team alleviated a lot of our stress since we were able to go through 1 team. The food was delicious and the entire staff was professional, attentive and friendly to make our special day unforgettable. We would recommend and use again in the future.
    Molly M. Married on 06/27/2020

PIGS -wedding catering

Lisa and PIGS was incredibly helpful as we had to re-plan our wedding from a 300 person wedding to a small intimate ceremony due to COVID-19. They were wonderful and reassuring in the planning process. The day of, they made everything run very smoothly. Their day of wedding staff was very polite and the food was delicious.
    Heather M. Married on 04/24/2020

Absolutely Fantastic

Look no further than PIGS for all your catering needs. Lisa was so responsive and flexible throughout our time working together. The food was all so delicious, our guests had nothing but great thing to say about everything they tasted. The food created a nice relaxed atmosphere that kept guests happy.
    The icing on the cake was the service Jimmy provided, it was out of this world. He made sure we had plenty to eat and drink all night, even meeting us with a drink right after the ceremony.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn M. Married on 04/11/2020

Wonderful experience

I looked at at least 12 different caterers for our wedding and we ended up choosing P.I.G.S. because we felt like they were affordable and we knew all of our guests would enjoy the food. I am so happy we went with them. They were so nice to work with the entire time, and the servers on our wedding day were amazing. They always made sure I had a drink in hand even though I never once asked for one. The food was outstanding and I felt like all of our guests enjoyed the evening with a full belly and were more than satisfied. I feel like when all is said and done we got a lot for our money and the money we did spend was well spent. I would use P.I.G.S. again in a heart beat! I would highly recommend!
  • Stacey
    Stacey B. Married on 02/04/2020

Amazing food and AMAZING service...

It was such a joy to work with this team, and the food was amazing! We are a BBQ family and this definitely didn't disappoint. As a side note, I was really impressed with the food service team they had working to serve us and our guests. They were so friendly and personable!