144 Reviews for P.I.G.S BBQ Catering

Nut Free (3)
No Pork (2)
Organic (2)
138 P.I.G.S BBQ Catering Reviews

PIGS catered our wedding. We chose to go with their other division, A Southern Affair, which offers more traditional meal options rather than BBQ, since I am not a huge BBQ fan. However, I did attend a wedding where PIGS served BBQ and was turned into a BBQ believer.

Anyways, we chose to do passed hors d'eurves and plated meals for our wedding. PIGS did a phenomenal job. We are big foodies, just like all of our friends and families and everyone was praising all of the food. The service was even better than I could have ever imagined. Everything went extremely smoothly and I always felt like everything was taken care of throughout the whole process and through the night. We had a little hiccup where performers were late, so that changed the entire schedule. PIGS stepped up big time and took care of everything when the schedule had to be shifted to ensure everything still flowed seamlessly. I cannot compliment them enough. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to do any kind of catering. Their prices are unbeatable, the quality of the food is amazing, and the service is impeccable.

Profile Picture Nideen, 9/12/20, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I have had food from one of the top ten BBQ places in Houston, TX and PIGS by far and away surpasses that and any other BBQ I have ever had. They maintain local ties and homemade recipes and everything from their brisket to pork sausage is out of this world. Stop by in Frederick at their restaurant and you won't be disappointed! I highly recommend their brisket, pork sausage and southern greens. We booked them for our wedding and they have been extremely professional and responsive and I have no doubt they will astonish our guests and provide excellent service on our big day!

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/25/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Delivery, Set Up

I cannot say enough about this AMAZING catering company!!!! They were so patient with us while we kept going back and forth between different menu choices, and were always so responsive and kind. Their BBQ is seriously fantastic...get the crab lump mac & cheese!!! WOW!
They were on time to the venue, set up everything, and were so professional the entire night. There was always someone making sure my husband and I were eating throughout the night, and even packed two huge boxes with a little bit of everything in them for us to eat later! I cannot say enough about P.I.G.S!! They are truly wonderful.

Profile Picture Allison, 7/28/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

AHHHHHHHH one word to describe P.I.G.S AMAZINGGGGGGG!!!!! Very attentive and amazing the food literally beats all the places around the make quality food And the staff know exactly what they are doing thank you so much for helping us with every detail we had in the reception area Lisa and her staff were beyond exceptional

Profile Picture Erika, 7/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Hiring PIGS as our caterer for our 6.30.18 wedding was hands-down the best decision we could have made! Lisa was incredibly flexible and accommodating throughout the planning process -- she worked with us to stay within our budget and to incorporate foods that my husband and I love throughout our menu, including adding on "late night snack" (grilled cheese!) at the end of our reception. Lisa also worked with Grand Rental Events to ensure that we had all of the rentals (linens, flatware, fans, etc) that we needed.

With all of that, we knew we'd be in good hands leading up to the wedding, but we were completely blown away on the actual day. Not only was the food incredible (we have gotten SO many compliments from guests!) -- but the service was absolutely top-notch. We had heard amazing things about Jimmy (our lead) from friends- but we were blown away by his professionalism and service. Jimmy greeted us immediately after the ceremony with a huge platter of drinks. At the reception, he brought me and my husband a plate of food right away, always made sure we had drinks, and made sure he knew who our parents and other VIPs were so that they would always be served first. He went above and beyond in EVERY way -- early into the night, we ran out of a few wines and Jimmy immediately got on the phone with the liquor store vendor to arrange for another deliver and, when our card box briefly went missing, Jimmy gladly ran off to look for it.

We also would not have had a sparkler exit if it weren't for Jimmy -- we hadn't thought through planning it, so I told our photographer that we may skip it...the next thing I knew, Jimmy came up to me and my husband to tell us that he was getting everyone lined up and explained to us how to walk out so that we'd get the best photos/video. Honestly, I don't know what we would have done without Jimmy and the PIGS team -- it was like having a 2nd venue coordinator! They were AMAZING! THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 6/30/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings

We had a fantastic experience with P.I.G.S. for our wedding in June. The food was excellent and a great deal - people are still talking about the fried green tomatoes and mac and cheese! They offered vegetarian and gluten-free options and Lisa was in communication with us every step of the way. I loved the option of having a seated salad and buffet dinner so that no one had to wait too long to eat, but we saved money by not having a plated dinner. I would recommend P.I.G.S. to all my friends for their next catered event!

Profile Picture Sophie, 6/8/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

We selected P.I.G.S. to cater our daughters wedding reception after sampling their food in their Frederick restaurant last year. We live in Georgia so we were working out the details with Lisa O'Connell remotely. She was wonderful to work with and made the planning process so easy - all was done via email with no issues. Lisa arranged for the rentals we needed for the barn wedding reception and everything arrived with plenty of time to get set up. The staff was very attentive and flexible (we had to move the serving station due to an imminent downpour), The wedding reception was last weekend and everyone raved about the food ("best brisket ever!"). Thanks to Lisa and the team for the wonderful food and service!

Profile Picture Allison, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Almost every single one of my guests came up to tell me that we had the best wedding food they'd ever had. Everything was absolutely delicious. Not only that, I could not believe how wonderful the service was. I knew when I met Lisa at our tasting that we would be in good hands and that continued with Jimmy who made sure we had food all night, packed us a to-go box at the end of the night and just made us feel so relaxed. I am so happy that I can say how much we not only loved the food but the people. Deserves your business, give it to them.

Profile Picture Becca, 5/26/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables

The BEST caterer ever!! From the tasting to the actual wedding day, we were hooked! The food is amazing and the staff is the best of the best. Jimmy was constantly making sure I had enough to eat and drink as soon as the ceremony ended. My husband and I were well taken care of. It really doesn't get any better than P.I.G.S. Don't hesitate to hire them ASAP!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/20/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Chairs, Tables, Gluten Free, Vegan, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

PIGS not only provided amazing food for our wedding, but ensured every detail was perfect for our big day. From menu tasting, coordination with a rental company, setup to execution, we trusted PIGS to deliver (and they definitely did!). We enjoyed working with the team through the planning process and are (still) enjoying leftovers from our amazing day. If you want incredible BBQ (and other food) that your guests will rave about, don't hesitate to book PIGS.

Profile Picture Hillary, 5/12/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up

Our guests RAVED about the food at our wedding. Both the food and service was incredible. If you're looking for an easy to work with company that will impress all your guests, P.I.G.S. is for you!

Profile Picture Athena, 5/5/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We made our initial decision to go with PIGS catering because at the initial tasting the food was absolutely amazing. If I had known then that they would also have made table/chair/linen rental, bartending services, and day-of coordinating as easy as they did, I would've locked them in years before we even got engaged! From top to bottom, P.I.G.S. blew expectation out of the water and helped create the best day of our lives. Lisa was very responsive through the process and our day of coordinator Jimmy was absolutely phenomenal. If you want amazing food at your wedding, even more amazing service, and a caterer that insists on providing the best experience possible, I HIGHLY recommend P.I.G.S. I can't wait until I'm back in Frederick to try their restaurant!

P.S. - Get the brisket. It's what dreams are made of.

Profile Picture Steven, 5/5/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

P.I.G.S is top notch all the way around! The food and service were impeccable and they really helped to make our day so beautiful! My guests are still raving about the food! Thanks for everything!

Profile Picture Cortney, 5/5/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

What an amazing meal we had at our wedding at Riverside on the Potomac on April 28, 2018. From the scrumptious passed hor d'oeuvres (scallops, chicken and waffle, and blackberry mozerella skewers) to the brisket, chicken, pulled pork and all the sides, everything was phenomenal. In addition, the service (especially Jimmy, the lead for our reception) was great. My husband and I were taken care of and the guests were smiling. We heard from many friends that this is some of the best wedding food they've ever had! Prior to the wedding, they were very responsive with questions and it was easy to make changes to everything even a couple weeks out. I highly recommend P.I.G.S--you will not be disappointed. We are already looking forward to a fall wedding that we are attending where they will be the caterers!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Bartender(s), Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up, Chairs, Tables

We love PIGS!!! this team is top notch and goes above and beyond leading up to/on your wedding day. Jimmy was AWESOME, was with us every step of the way the day of, asking what he could do for us and making our day the best it could be. Lisa was so accommodating with our tastings and menu alterations last minute. We will be customers for life and highly recommend!!!!

Profile Picture Maggie, 11/18/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

PIGS did an amazing job for my November 2017 wedding! If I could give them 6 stars, I would!

The food was incredible and the service was beyond amazing. Lisa was so accommodating with the last minute changes leading up the wedding (total headcount, number of vegetarian meals, total linen count). Kenneth and his team who worked the event did such a fantastic job. They made sure me and my groom were taken care of and provided amazing service to all of my guests. From what I saw, everything ran incredibly smooth and I heard so many people say how great the food was. I couldn't be happier with choosing PIGS as the caterer!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Tastings

Choose P.I.G.S. for your wedding day! Lisa and her team are absolutely amazing. The food is AMAZING. The biggest compliment we received from our guests was how great the food was. They even helped coordinate our linens, the wait staff, dessert, and they worked closely with our alcohol vendor, which made things super easy for us. They basically took care of everything and made things so easy for us. We can't say enough about P.I.G.S. staff, either. As soon as our ceremony ended, we had someone coming up to us handing us drinks and appetizers. We felt like real VIPs. And oh man did I enjoy getting out of my wedding dress and stuffing my face with pulled pork when we got home that night! Best leftovers!! You cannot go wrong with P.I.G.S. :)

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s)

We can not say enough great things about P.I.G.S.! Our daughter and now husband love BBQ and i admit i was a little skeptical when they said they wanted it at their wedding. From the tasting to the walk thru to the day of the wedding P.I.G.S. was awesome! We had so many guests tell us how great the food was and the tables looked amazing! The staff was friendly and everyone did a great job so all we had to do was enjoy the wedding! : )

Profile Picture renee, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

They were awesome! Everyone keeps telling us how good the food was!

Profile Picture Brian, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Oh my goodness, I don't know if I'll be able to say enough good things about P.I.G.S!! They were the first caterer we tasted with, and we never went back! The food was amazing, our family and friends still keep telling us how delicious the food was! Lisa and Jimmy are the bomb. They were amazingly helpful, and thorough, through the whole planning processes, even down to who was going to help light candles during set up! Lisa (such a sweetheart) organized our rentals, which was great that we only had to work with one vendor to get our food and rentals taken care of. Jimmy was there during the day of, and I don't think things would have run as smoothly as they did if he wasn't there. He made sure we got to try our hors devours, we always had a drink in hand, and we actually got to eat our food! He even packed us leftovers to take to the hotel! Truly an awesome team! Would recommend time and time again!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Roddy and Lisa are the best! They are like family to us having been our go to for 2 weddings. Very reasonable from cost perspective and the highest quality and professionalism. Jimmie is the BEST too. Thanks for everything!!!

Profile Picture pk, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Out of all of our wedding vendors, I think P.I.G.S was our favorite. They were AMAZING!!! Our guests keep telling us it was the best wedding food they ever had. We had the pulled pork, smoked chicken, mac n cheese and a mashed potato bar (best decision ever). It wasn't just the food that was amazing, the service was out of this world; from the initial email conversations with Lisa, who was always responsive and helpful, to the tasting, all the way to the wedding day. During the cocktail hour and reception, Jimmy was basically our second wedding coordinator. He constantly made sure we had a drink in our hand, had some of the delicious appetizers (the chicken & waffles and tomato soup & grilled cheese are SO good) and he made sure we were taken care of the entire reception. My husband and I even got to enjoy to go boxes which we devoured after the wedding!! P.I.G.S is also highly professional and knows the wedding business, they were so organized and efficient with set up and breakdown. We never had to worry about a thing. We loved our wedding food so much that we will definitely be making a trip to their restaurant in Frederick, MD so we can enjoy their delicious food again. Thank you for everything you did for us, you truly made our wedding day incredible!!!

Profile Picture Olivia, 10/20/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s)

I can't thank the whole crew at PIGS for their hard work setting up our wedding and for the amazing people they have there working for them that made our wedding so wonderful! Jimmy was so amazing and worked so hard to make sure everyone had a great time and that everything went perfectly. We definitely couldn't have done it without his help that's for sure! Lisa was amazing from day one as well, making sure we stayed on budget and giving us some great suggestions when trying to figure out all the details for the day of. Such a great company and great people to trust in especially on one of the most important days of your life! Thank you guys for everything!!

Profile Picture Lyndsay, 10/1/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Our guests still cannot stop talking about the food. We really wanted the food at our wedding to be amazing and P.I.G.S is just that. 7 cheese mac and cheese, pulled pork, brisket, jalapeno cornbread...we had it all. I forgot a lot of details about my wedding day, but the one thing I didn't forget was how I felt when I finally had the chance to eat. Do yourself a favor and skip the classical food and get yourself some southern style BBQ. You can thank me now.

Profile Picture Ivory, 9/30/17, 5 Reviews