Olive & Rose Reviews

14 | Pittsburgh, PA

14 Reviews for Olive & Rose

• Lexi

Lexi M. · Getting married on 02/12/2022

Museumlab Perfectly Paired Pop Up Wedding!

I worked with Kim from Olive and Rose Events for our Pop Up wedding on Valentine's day this year. We had a WONDERFUL experience. I had never heard of a pop-up wedding before and after discussing with Kim, we could not pass up this opportunity. She arranged a package of some amazing vendors at Museum Lab, which included a cake by Mediterra Bakery, florals by Blue Daisy, photography by Talia Nelson, our officiant Mark DeNuzzio from A Simple Vow, live stream from Rodger Obley, and bar service for a very affordable cost. The best part is that there was very little planning and stress on my end and I got to get married sooner! Kim is very professional, quick to respond, helpful, and overall we had an amazing experience. My husband and I had always wanted a small intimate ceremony and I could not have dreamed of a better one. Even though we had about a month to plan it, Kim kept us on track and arranged meetings with vendors to ensure the day went smoothly. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose this Pop-Up wedding every single time! It was truly a pleasure to work with her and be the first Perfectly Paired couple!

Sent on 02/18/2021

Olive & Rose's reply:

Hi Lexi! This makes me so happy to hear! It was truly a pleasure working with you and Adam! I love the Pop-up concept and can't wait to do more!
  • Christy

Christy M. · Married on 12/12/2020

Kim is AMAZING!!! Run, don't walk to hire her now :)

I have to give so many props to my day of coordinator Kim Allera from Olive & Rose Events, although let’s be honest, she was way more than just a “day of” coordinator as she was by my side to help during all of the changes and updates and craziness throughout the process. of planning a wedding during 2020. Her attention to detail, positive and professional attitude, and humor makes her a joy to wok with. She makes the stressful times fun and always has amazing suggestions and creative ideas and solutions! Not only all of that, you feel like Kim has your back for you entire big day and is genuinely happy for you (you can even tell she's smiling behind her mask in the attached photo as I walk down the aisle :) )
    If you are able to hire a wedding planner (day-of or full-on plan everything) HIRE HER NOW! You’ll be so glad you did!

Sent on 02/09/2021
  • Heidi

Heidi C. · Married on 01/04/2020

Kim allera is amazing

Everything about our experience with Kim Allera was wonderful. I originally wanted a wedding coordinator as a median between my fiancé and I and to help with logistical things during the planning process and for day of coordination. But to be truthful, I got even more than that. Kim was not only my planner, but my confident, and therapist but she is now my friend. She came with me to every appointment from flowers, to linens, to dress fittings. She took control of contracts, helped with decorating decisions and made the entire wedding day seamless. Kim will call vendors for you, thinks about things you wouldn't, and will be on top of everything! She had our day of schedule planned down to the minute and kept us on time throughout the entire day. Kim and her team made our day flawless and ensured we didn’t have to worry about anything with vendor coordination, set up and clean up. She was always just a phone call, email or text away and extremely organized. From our first meeting at a coffee shop, to delivering our gifts and cards to our hotel room on wedding might, Kim put us at ease, and was calm, cheerful and professional and I already told Kim that she is helping with our future baby showers.

Sent on 04/23/2019

Dallas M. · Married on 09/03/2019

Kim is the shit!

Kim was amazing!! from start to finish she helped us plan our surprise wedding and coordinated our entire day! Our son was even sick and being a mom herself she helped with him throughout the day too! I am used to taking the lead and making sure everything is handled myself, but I really wanted to enjoy my wedding day and Kim totally allowed me to do that. I trusted her to make sure things were top notch- and they were! 10/10 recommend Kim and her team from Olive & Rose!

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Kim

Kim C. · Married on 07/20/2019

Kim was amazing!

Working with Kim was SO FUN! She understood my vision from the beginning and worked with me to create the perfect day. She kept her cool when things started to go wrong on the day of the wedding, and made sure everything got done. I had a blast working with her, and she can definitely help you put together a beautiful event!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Stacey · Married on 06/08/2019

Kim is so great!

I hired Kim as a last minute “day of coordinator” for my wedding ... I planned everything and it didn’t occur to me that I would have to still be organizing and planning throughout my wedding day! I booked her maybe 6-8 weeks out and loved her as soon as I met her... I immediately felt comfortable to speak my mind and tell her what I was looking for. My wedding wasn’t overly extravagant or fancy but I wanted it perfect and she put my mind at ease as soon as I booked her. She thought of things I never did and the more I saw her work on blogs or social media I wish I had hired her sooner to help me throughout my whole stressful planning process. My family loved her and she exceeded every expectation... my day was perfect, I enjoyed everything with very little stress thanks to her.

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/11/2019

The best of the best

I hired Kim to assist with day of coordination for my wedding. I had planned everything and I needed help organizing and planning throughout my wedding day! Kim was absolutely wonderful. From the minute we had our phone call, I knew that I had to hire her. I lived in Florida and was getting married in Pittsburgh and she was extremely responsive with calls, emails, and texts – trust me, I had A LOT of questions. Kim really helped relieve a lot of stress that I had with everything running smoothly the day of. She is a joy to be around, organized, professional, genuine, and offered a piece of mind that all was handled. Also, her timeline is awesome and really helped us stay on track. She even delivered our cards and a plate of cookies to our hotel room. My day was perfect and I enjoyed everything with very little stress thanks to her. I would highly recommend Olive and Rose Events to any bride in need of reliable wedding assistance.

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Alisha

Alisha J. · Married on 04/05/2019

Helped bring our crazy vision to life

Kim and her team worked so incredibly hard to bring all of our crazy ideas to life on our wedding day. I was planning our wedding from across the country, so it was helpful to have her on our side to take care of some of the nitty gritty details that come with a wedding. I would highly recommend working with this team!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Ali · Married on 07/22/2017

Kim and her team were incredible in so many ways. My spouse and I were so happy we hired them to help with our special day. We had many moving parts (band, venue, caterers, transportation, flowers, multiple rental companies etc.) and she and her team pulled everything together flawlessly. On top of that, Kim is just a sweet and exceptional person to be around. She is very positive and clearly knows how to handle a slow or unresponsive vendor with grace but also with enough sternness to get the job done. Their services are well well well worth the money.

Sent on 08/07/2017
  • User7261874 · event on: 09/25/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Olive & Rose! Kim planned my baby shower and it could not have been more perfect. I was hoping for a slightly non- traditional party (co-ed, no cheesy games, 40+ guests!) and had concerns that this would be difficult to achieve but Kim pulled it off with ease!

She was able to deliver on all of my requirements, plus her deep experience with event planning meant that she was immediately full of ideas that gave shape to some of my more open-ended requests. Kim was able to incorporate some elements of a traditional baby shower while still creating the casually elegant ambiance that I was hoping for; people of all generations were able to enjoy themselves.

Kim worked with my mom who lives out of town and made the entire process completely stress free, we were both so impressed! The event was being held outdoors and we needed to rent tents, tables, and chairs. Because of her relationships with local vendors we were able to get rentals that were both adorable and in our budget. She was quick to respond, listened to our preferences and had great ideas. I can’t wait to work with Kim again in the future! If you’re looking for an event planner, I cannot recommend Olive & Rose enough!!!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Libby · Married on 09/17/2016

Kim was a complete professional and a pleasure to work with! I contacted her rather late in the wedding planning process, and she took charge to make sure all of the last-minute details were taken care of and that the day ran smoothly. My wedding was absolutely perfect and Kim's help was crucial! She even went above and beyond by sharing a few photos she had taken to tide us over while we waited to get the professional shots back from the photographer. I highly recommend her services.

Sent on 10/03/2016
  • Maria

Maria B. · Married on 10/13/2019

Do Yourself a Favor and Hire Kim!

I will be singing the praises of Kim/Olive and Rose Events until I die. From the time we got engaged, I knew that my husband and I would benefit from the help and experience of a wedding planner, and Kim was recommended to us through a friend of a friend who worked with her. We had a phone call in which we explained our vision and what kind of services we were looking for, and from the beginning we both felt comfortable with Kim and her working style. We ended up booking her for Day Of Services + additional hours to help with some of the planning leading up to the wedding, which was perfect for us because we are a couple who wanted to be very hands on with some things (like print materials and decorations) and just get some guidance or assistance with others (gathering information from venues, booking the hotel block, etc). Kim executed all of this for us beautifully; she was with us from conceptualization and talking through our vision to attending our venue walk-through to creating a detailed timeline to running the rehearsal. There were a few minor hiccups leading up to and during the Big Day, but nothing that she couldn't/wouldn't/didn't handle for us. My husband and I looked at each other several times during the day and said, "Thank God for Kim". While we would have had a lovely wedding no matter what, having her there saved us a ton of stress. Do yourself a favor and hire Kim! Her services are worth every penny!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Olive & Rose's reply:

Oh my gosh thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with you and Will! I wish you all the happiness!

J · Married on 06/11/2017

They're services were essential to our wedding day! We had them for day of coordinator and it was so helpful to have someone in charge of the details and flow of the day!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Beth · Married on 09/03/2016

We hired Kimberly for day-of coordination, but she did so much more. It was a huge relief to have her help with all of the final details of the wedding. She was always willing to pitch to and help with whatever needed to be done. Very responsive via text, email and phone. Everyone needs a wedding coordinator - don't know how you do it without one!

Sent on 09/24/2016