Old Vienna Bakery Reviews

Old Vienna Bakery 7
  • Amanda

Amanda Scott · Married on 09/29/2018

Amanda Scott

It was a delight working with Mrs Carpenter. She was very accommodating and worked within our budget. The Bride's and Groom's cakes were both delicious. Every bite was eaten. Both cakes were gorgeous as well. I would definitely use Old Vienna Bakery again in the future.

Sent on 11/16/2018
    Old Vienna Bakery 8
    Old Vienna Bakery 9
    Old Vienna Bakery 10
    Old Vienna Bakery 11

Old Vienna Bakery's reply:

Thank you for choosing Old Vienna as part of Lucy's wedding team! It was a pleasure to work with y'all!

Sue · Married on 05/19/2018

Teresa was fabulous! Her cakes are the best. i have had them before and now was able to for my daughters wedding. They look great and taste AMAZING! Thank you Teresa!

Sent on 11/16/2018
    Old Vienna Bakery 12
    Old Vienna Bakery 13
    Old Vienna Bakery 14

Old Vienna Bakery's reply:

Than you do much for trusting me to create your daughter's cakes! Y'all were awesome to work with!

Avery · Married on 05/06/2017

Old Vienna Bakery provided two cakes for my wedding and both were delicious and gorgeous! I received many compliments on the looks and taste of our cakes from my guests. My husband and I could not have been more pleased with Teresa Carpenter's service or product! We would highly recommend her for any event!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Old Vienna Bakery's reply:

Thank you, Avery! I'm so glad you were pleased!
  • Vicki

Vicki · Married on 10/28/2016

Wonderful Experience

My daughter had a cake pictured in her mind and Teresa brought it to life!

The cake was gorgeous and tasted even better than it looked. I would highly recommend Theresa Carpenter for any event that needs bakery goods.

Megan · Married on 09/02/2016

Teresa did an amazing job on our wedding cake. She was a pleasure to work with; very accommodating and very responsive to any and all questions and concerns. The cake was wonderful and everyone was raving about it. I've had multiple people ask me who did the cake because it was the best cake they've had. I would highly recommend Old Vienna Bakery! Thank you to Teresa for all your work and the wonderful cake. I can't wait to have the top tier on our first anniversary!

Katey · Married on 06/26/2016

Teresa did an amazing job for my wedding! She created a beautiful and delicious bride's cake and a beautiful dessert table containing macarons, chocolate chip cookies, decorated sugar cookies, several types of brownies, chocolate dipped strawberries, kolaches, and chocolate-drizzled popcorn. The guests devoured the desserts, and I received several comments later on how amazing the cake tasted. My dad said it was the best cake he's ever had! She did some custom decorated sugar cookies with a Chicago Cubs logo as a surprise for my husband, which he loved, and they looked and tasted amazing. She went above and beyond for me, accommodating my work schedule for consultations and tastings, and especially coming out in person to set up everything on a Sunday before her vacation. I would recommend her to anyone!

• User4519840 · 2+ years ago

Teresa was so sweet & amazing to work with on our wedding cake!! She really tailored our cake to us, & even created a new flavor that I requested (cookies & cream)! It was a huge hit at the wedding. We couldn't have asked for anyone better!

Deborah · Married on 10/11/2015

Teresa is a real gem to work with! Her cakes are not only beautiful but also delicous! She did both the Bide's cake and Groom's cake for my Daughter Katie's Wedding on October 11, 2015, Monte Sano State Park Lodge. The Groom is a Marine and Teresa did a wonderful Groom's Cake with the USMC EGA emblem and American Flag on it! I would highly recommend her for any cake you should need!

Teresa did a wonderful job designing the perfect wedding cake for our reception. The cake was absolutely amazing!

Hillary · Married on 10/04/2014

The cake for our wedding was simply unbelievable! Teresa did a wonderful job helping create our wedding cake and groom's cake. They were creative and delicious. We couldn't even save the topper because we were too anxious to enjoy it on our honeymoon. We will definitely be going back to Old Vienna for our anniversaries! She had plenty of samples for us to try which was so helpful! Her delivery and presentation was simply flawless. Everyone enjoyed the cake so much and we received so many compliments. I don't think we could have asked for a better baker! She's fabulous!!!

Melissa · Married on 06/28/2014

I've never had a life-changing wedding cake before, but Old Vienna Bakery created the most delicious cake I've ever tasted. I loved working with Teresa at Old Vienna, and our entire experience from the initial planning meeting to wedding day was wonderful and seamless!

Old Vienna works only in buttercream, but our cake was so beautiful you would think it was fondant! Everyone we talked to after the wedding raved about how delicious it was, and we're eating our top tier before our one year (it's that good!).

You can really tell that Teresa takes the art of baking seriously and truly crafts the cakes she designs and bakes. She was also extremely flexible, and allowed me the option to change my mind about the entire design of the cake up to one week before the wedding. I ended up changing everything I had chosen at our meeting three weeks before wedding day. I sent her a picture of what I wanted instead, and it came out perfectly. Teresa is truly a professional, and her cake speaks for itself, even without icing it's delicious (and that's saying something!).

I highly recommend Old Vienna bakery, and if I still lived in Huntsville I would find an excuse for her to make me a cake again. Wonderful experience working with her!

Thames · Married on 06/21/2014

Teresa is a treasure. She loves what she does and the professional end result shows it.
    The four tier, butter cake with butter creme icing was delicious and beautiful. The bottom tier had raspberry filling between the layers, the second tier had lemon filling between the layers and the third tier as well as the top tier had chocolate ganache between the layers.
    The icing was white butter creme with lacy designs and a monogram letter. We provided a porcelain cake topper that was fairly heavy. Teresa made sure she had the topper early so she could insert the correct support within the cake
    She also made the groom's cake. It was a large replica of a medicine bottle complete with clever prescription label. Everyone loved it.
    Teresa and her hubby delivered the cakes to our venue. She takes great personal interest in her creations and clients.

Laura · Married on 06/14/2014

Teresa is absolutely amazing. She created my wedding cake and I am still hearing compliments on how beautiful and delicious it was. The details on the cake were beautiful. I loved going out to talk and plan with Teresa. She is a blast to sit down with and we always loved getting to sample her cake flavors!! I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for their perfect wedding cake!!:)

Leslie · Married on 05/02/2014

Teresa was WONDERFUL! From our very first meeting, she was open to suggestions, she listened intently to our ideas, guided us through the process with kindness and patience, and created for us a cake that was not only gorgeous, but absolutely DELICIOUS. Her suggestions on size were spot-on, her price was beyond reasonable, and we did not have one concern about our cake from the time we placed our order. Our guests raved about our cake, and we already have a list of more events for which was hope she will create more masterpieces for us! Thank you so much, Teresa!

Teresa made a bride's cake and groom's cake for our wedding reception and I can't say enough good things about the experience! She was very accommodating and quick to respond to any questions. She made the exact cakes we had envisioned and they looked beautiful and tasted delicious! She was so wonderful and easy to work with and her prices are very reasonable. Picking the cakes and dealing with Teresa was one of the smoothest and least stressful parts of wedding planning. She is a very kind person who really loves making cakes and making her clients happy.

Kayla · Married on 03/15/2014

Teresa is wonderful! I can not say enough good things about her! I brought her a few pictures of different things I liked, and we both fell in love with the same vision. I remember her saying "I can make this happen!" My wedding cake was still tradition, but unique. It tastes wonderful, and it was beautiful! Teresa is prompt, flexible, reasonable, and so sweet! I do not think we ever met for less than an hour! We could talk and chat like we were family. She is extremely gifted, and it was an honor to have her do our wedding cake!

Amber · Married on 01/18/2014

Teresa at Old Vienna Bakery is an amazing woman! Our wedding would not have been the same without her. She helped us stay on budget (which as very tight) but still get exactly what we wanted. The cake was delicious, moist, beautiful, and a hit with all of my guests. She even custom made me a peacock cake topper to match my theme! It was so cute! She was very professional and allowed me to really add in those details that make a cake special. I will never go anywhere else for cake again!!!

Samantha · Married on 01/11/2014

Teresa and I had a light bulb moment during our cake consultation. I showed her a picture of my dress, and we both realized at that moment that my cake should resemble the intricate detail of the back of the dress. A couple days later, she sent me a hand drawn proof of my wedding cake, and I knew I was not going to have to worry about her one bit. My husband wanted a statue of our dog on his cake. Teresa created our pup in so much detail and even made him with clay so we could keep him. We got so many compliments at our wedding reception that our wedding cakes were the best tasting cakes our guests had ever tasted. Teresa was a pleasure to work with, and I recommend her to everyone looking for a cake expert. Her work is exquisite.

Amanda · Married on 11/16/2013

My cake was absolutely perfect! It was 7 tiers and alternates between carrot, butter almond pound, and chocolate. Delicious!!!

Ashley · Married on 10/19/2013

Our wedding cake not only looked incredible it tasted amazing as well! After tasting all the flavors is was very hard to choose just one! The detail was beautiful. She made it exactly the way I always dreamed my cake would look. She is so sweet and a joy to work with.

Lou Ann · Married on 08/03/2013

Teresa from Old Vienna Bakery did an absolutely outstanding job on our wedding cake. Not only did she understand what I was looking for, but she made it even more breathtaking than I had pictured in my mind. I came in with several pictures of some things that I liked and she combined a little bit from each and then added her special touch to it. Not only was the cake gorgeous, but it tasted fantastic. She said we could combine several flavor choices as she could split the layers for us. It was so hard to make a decision as she had us for a tasting and each bite/flavor was even better than the one before! Our guests thought it was delicious. We can't wait for our anniversary so we can enjoy our special cake all over again! I would highly recommnd Teresa at Old Vienna Bakery. I was planning my wedding on a budget so I did lots of homework in each category of wedding expenses. I can say without a doubt that Teresa's cakes are both of the utmost quality, but also value! I will be recommending her to all of my friends!

Teresa at Old Vienna Bakery is wonderful to work with. She truly wants you to have the cake of your dreams. The wedding cake was beautiful and tasted wonderful!! The Bride was thrilled with her cake. The guest were raving about the cake and the cheesecake shooters that were served on the groom's table. She really goes above and beyond expectations.

Michelle · Married on 07/27/2013

Teresa at Old Vienna Bakery was so fun to work with! She makes beautiful cakes and they taste delicious too! She truly went above and beyond to make the bride/groom cakes perfect. Our mocha groom cake was a big hit at the wedding! She showed up on time to the venue and everything was stress-free. Our cakes were beautiful and I couldn't have been happier!

Jennifer · Married on 07/06/2013

This is a family-owned and family-run business, and you can tell both from the way she spends time with you, and from the taste and quality of her cakes. I would absolutely recommend Teresa Carpenter - she is super friendly, listens and understands what you are looking for, and she makes amazing cakes both in taste and appearance! When we met for the initial consultation, she and my mom and I ended up talking and chatting for several hours. The samples she gave us to taste were a week old, but they still tasted amazing, and so of course our actual wedding day cake tasted great!

She is super creative, and obviously loves what she does. After she found out my now-husband proposed in Rome by a fountain in St. Peter's Square, she incorporated a fountain into the cake, and made the top tier of the cake like the dome in St. Peter's Square. She also asked for a picture of the lace from my wedding dress and incorporated the design into the cake, and also worked with my florist and used some of the leftover flowers on the cake. She didn't charge extra for designing the dome or using the fountain. The end result was absolutely gorgeous!

Our wedding cake was well above my expectations, and well worth her price, which is very reasonable. I can't think of anything that I would have wanted her to do differently when it came to the cake. I would recommend her without a single reservation.