Northern Lights DJ and Live Music Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Lexie G. Married on 06/11/2022

The Best DJ!

Russell did such an incredible job for our wedding, we very highly recommended him. He was extremely organized so that he knew exactly how we wanted the evening to go/sound. He gave us a call a month or so prior to the wedding to really get us on track and get everything finalized. He was very kind and had great energy the entire wedding. Our guests even would come up to us to compliment how excellent he is. He went above and beyond to make sure the flow of our timeline was going according to plan. He really paid attention to the guests to make sure they were enjoying the music and having a good time. I would hire him again in a heartbeat and we are so happy that we chose him!
    Veronica G. Married on 06/04/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Made our Graduation party a success!

He really went above and beyond to help with our slideshow presentation!
    Daniel Married on 03/25/2022

Highly Recommend

Russell was great, he was punctual, communicative, and made sure we had the right playlist for our wedding. He filled in any extra space with similar music to our tastes so it worked out wonderful. He also brought us a large projector to show a video on during our wedding which was a huge bonus. Would highly recommend!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Dezerae
    Dezerae D. Married on 10/24/2021

Absolutely perfect!!!

Northern Lights DJ came recommended by our venue and it was the best decision in hiring them for our wedding! The communication from the initial contact to the days leading up to was prompt and continuous. Russell, the owner had no issues at the last minute, making a couple changes. He was supportive, understanding, and more than accommodating! Our family and friends still talk about the great service and professionalism that Russell provided, especially during the shoe game that he emceed at short notice. During the reception, multiple requests were made and honored without any hesitation, for instance, my uncle requested to sing “Wonderful Tonight” and Russell set it up for him immediately! It was absolutely perfect and we couldn’t have asked for a better vendor! We highly recommend Northern Lights DJ and Live Music Entertainment for you will be guaranteed to get the best of the best in the business! Mr. Russell has the absolute best personality and we all felt like he was a part of the family by the end of the night.
    Tony S. Married on 10/23/2021

Excellent DJ - Professional and Not Hokey

Very professional and not "silly". Very responsive to guest requests and played our entire playlist we had created. Also, mic'ed up the pastor and provided a wireless mic for the readers during the wedding. Highly recommend.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 09/26/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Northern lights is the best

What can I say? Russell from Northern Lights was the best DJ we could ask for. He was responsive, helped make sure everything was on time, played great music and was open to last minute requests from my dad and mom.

Thank you so much for an incredible night.
    Thank you for playing amazing music from start to end. I highly recommend Northern Lights!!! Thank you again!
  • Pamela
    Pamela Married on 12/29/2019

Best DJ & prof musicians for your wedding

Fran, with Norther Lights, was amazing -
    We enjoyed his DJ skills and the added service of live music during the start of our reception was exceptional. Touch of class & a whole lot of fun!!! Great service & went off without a hitch.
    Bailey Married on 12/28/2019

Fran is great!

Fran from Northern Lights was easy to communicate with, no fuss, and gave us a perfect night. We barely left the dance floor!
    Stephanie Married on 12/07/2019

Amazing DJ

We met Northern Lights at the Milestone open house and my dad fell in love with them right away because he knew how to play the saxophone. Needless to say we had the saxophone during our cocktail hour and everyone enjoyed it. The music list was perfect, very up to day, and they also knew how to keep the crowd going. Couldn’t have chosen better DJ! Thank y’all so much for helping me celebrate my special day!
  • Teena
    Teena W. Married on 10/19/2019

Set the perfect tempo!

We LOVE Russell! He kept our wedding reception at the perfect pace of fun! We had a great time! Highly recommend!
    Logan M. Married on 09/13/2019

Northern Lights DJ

Pick Northern Lights DJ for your wedding! You will not be disappointed!! Music was the last thing my husband and I picked out for our wedding, and Fran was extremely quick to respond to our questions via email. We gave him our final list less than a week before we were married, and Fran was accommodating to any changes we decided to make. He also has a very classy/professional look that a lot of DJs lack. He kept people dancing all night! We couldn’t be happier with his services!
    Kassidy S. Married on 09/07/2019

Best dj around!

Northern Lights is by far the best DJ around!! Fran is amazing to work with. Questions were answered immediately and he was always incredibly helpful. My husband and I hired Northern Lights for our wedding and could not have been happier!! The music they played was perfect. We’ve gotten tons of compliments that are music was awesome and our guests loved dancing all night! Northern Lights truly helped make our wedding so special! If we could give them 10 stars, we absolutely would!!
    Loretta L. Married on 07/13/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional but tons of fun!

Best DJ around. Fran listened to what we wanted and followed through exactly as promised. Everyone there commented on how professional and fun they were. Thanks again for a great evening!
    Jkelley Married on 06/22/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Awesome experience, very kind! Guests enjoyed the music!

Awesome experience, very kind! Guests enjoyed the music!
    Teddy J. Married on 06/08/2019

Wedding Renewal

Went out of his way to use a version of our individual dance song that had the proper speed for our dance ability. His narration throughout the night was simply excellent.
    Taylor Married on 08/17/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I had the BEST experience working with Fran! I was so worried about picking the right music for my wedding. When I originally sent my requests to Fran, he got back to me very quickly and made sure I had covered all song selections. Nothing was forgotten! And when the big day was upon us, Fran made sure to double check all songs with me - and he had made all the accommodations I had asked for! He played the music perfectly for the ceremony, and at the reception he made sure that the crowd was having a great time!

Long Story short, Fran is extremely professional and worth every penny (especially considering that he is very reasonably priced!). I cannot recommend him highly enough!
    Mayson Married on 07/12/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    He was SUPER helpful & was very flexible with requests or changes in the timeline on the spot! Made our night perfect!
    Brittany Married on 05/31/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Fran was fantastic! So professional and easy to work with. He listened to what I wanted, and helped make our wedding a family friendly and elegant atmosphere. :)
    David Married on 04/27/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Fran of Northern Lights is a very talented musician! He played a song that we had requested that originates from Peru (btw, my wife is from Peru). All we had prior to his performance was a version of the song played by someone on YouTube and some random sheet music for the song (we weren't even sure if this was the same version as the YouTube video version) and he made it happen! He also ran the music for our entire wedding and narrated some of the events during the reception. Fran was always open to meeting up and talking about our vision of the wedding which was very helpful. We would highly recommend Fran to DJ/Play live music for your event since he keeps it classy and is always on top of things!
    Haley Married on 03/17/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Fran was a pleasure to work with. As an ovwhelmed bride, he made choosing music so easy and he was so fun to work with. My guests loved the playlist and the energy he brought to the dance floor.
  • Katherine
    Katherine Married on 12/30/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Im very happy with Fran and Russel. Russel was my DJ during the wedding and he did a FANTASTIC job. He had my EXTENSIVE list of songs that I had requested prepared and ready for the wedding. I had a short song that I wanted for the walk down the aisle and they were able to loop it so that it was a continuous piece. I had a lot of specific requests that he followed through with exactly! I got a lot of compliments on the music choices. Even when my guest requested songs or styles I had not mentioned earlier, Russel was able to accommodate my guests and their requests. And they are priced very reasonably! Thank you so much for being AWESOME!
  • O
    Olivia Married on 11/17/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    As a professional in the wedding industry, I have worked with countless DJ services. When it came time to select entertainment for my own wedding, there was no doubt that Northern Lights would be my DJ. Fran was incredible!!! He worked with us every step of the way to create a custom and unique playlist. Fran and Kevin also played live for our cocktail hour and it was a hit! The professionalism that they brought to the planning process made for an exceptional experience! I will recommend Northern Lights time and time again! Thank you for taking my wedding to a whole new level!
    Jessica Married on 10/31/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    He was very professional and everyone has a blast !
    Cindy Married on 10/27/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Northern lights provided outdoor ceremony music, live saxophone and piano music during dinner, and DJ music during the reception and dancing. I would highly recommend this company. Fran was helpful through our entire process, from signing a contract, answering all our questions, and providing exactly the music our daughter and her husband requested to fulfill the vision for their wedding. The services in every regard were exceptional, professional, and exceeded our expectations. Thank you Fran for making our daughter’s special day such a memorable one!
    Genesis Married on 09/16/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Fran with Northern Lights was phenomenal. He responded promptly to my emails and was very professional during our wedding. He was able to find all of our music selections which was a bonus! Thank you Fran for helping make our wedding so great!
illustration stars