Nordstrom Events Reviews

55 | Kitty Hawk, NC

55 Reviews for Nordstrom Events

Elaine T. · Married on 05/08/2021

Couldn’t have done it without them!

We were very impressed with our recommended venue (The Pointe Golf Club), wedding coordination, and how seamless everything went throughout the day and into the final hours of the evening. Deborah & Diane were able to make planning for a wedding from a far distance easy (decor and every little detail!). Deborah & Diane's list of vendors were professional, timely, and easy to work with. Everyone we came in contact with did not disappoint. All-in-all it was the perfect day we were hoping for and cannot say thank you enough to all who were involved. Would 100% recommend Nordstrom Events! We can’t wait to get our pictures from Deborah to relive this beautiful day!

Sent on 05/16/2021

Louis R. · Married on 10/13/2020

Pleasant to work with

We used Nordstrom Events for our small wedding (8 people total) at the OBX. They were pleasant to talk to throughout the whole process and offered up their expertise in answering questions before we could even have them! Despite the COVID pandemic closing the OBX for our original dates, Diane was super understandable and flexible with rescheduling everything to a later date. They took care of rescheduling with all of the venders. When it came time for the wedding they arrived, set everything up, and took everything back down. Excellent service!

Our wedding was just what we had imagined and for that we definitely recommend giving Nordstrom Events a shot!

Sent on 10/25/2020

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Louis! We truly enjoyed working with you and Amanda...you two are such a cute couple! Best wishes!!! Diane & Frank Nordstrom
  • Raquel

Raquel C. · Married on 10/10/2020

Attentive and Caring

Having a wedding during COVID season was extremely difficult however, Diane did her best to make sure we had a great experience. Nordstrom events was very helpful in the organization and planning of our wedding. They proved to be very flexible even down to the day of the wedding when we had to move our ceremony inside due to the weather. Diane worked very well with our other vendors and I have heard nothing but good things from them about the organization as well. Overall, it was a great day and we had a wonderful experience. Thank you again for everything!!

Sent on 01/19/2021
  • Kristen

Kristen S. · Married on 10/04/2020

Amazing Is How I Sum Up Nordstrom Events!

You have to hire Nordstrom events. The event went flawlessly, even better than expected. The pictures were amazing, Deb Sawyer. Diane Nordstrom, you made my event beautiful! Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/31/2020

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Krissy! I agree, your ceremony was beautiful and your photos simply stunning! We appreciate the opportunity to help with your big day!!! Diane
  • Jennifer

Jennifer W. · Married on 04/09/2020

Dream come true

I cannot explain in words how amazing Diane and Deborah were! We were one of those COVID weddings that got canceled than rescheduled! Without them, I would have given up on my dream wedding! Everything was so organized and amazing! We could not thank them enough for all there hard work!

Sent on 09/30/2020

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Jenn! You and Wally were so much fun to work with...so much that it didn't seem like work at all! Your wedding day was a blast, and your photos are amazing. We can't wait to see you again when you come back to the OBX!!!
  • Brittany

Brittany K. · Married on 01/01/2020

What better way to start a new year?!

Our New Years Day wedding was perfect!! Diane and Deborah are a perfect duo. We had a small beach wedding and with only a couple months they helped us pull it off. They made the process so simply and were very helpful! Our pictures are breathtaking!! Some beach photos then we headed to Bodie Island Lighthouse!! We couldn't be happier with everything!!

Sent on 03/04/2020

Taylor C. · Married on 10/23/2019

Wonderful Experience

We can't even put into words how perfect our wedding day was! Diane and Deborah are absolutely wonderful to work with and made the entire process so easy. I have dreamed of getting married in Nags Head my entire life and they gave us the wedding of my dreams and then some. My husband and I can't thank them enough!!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

It was totally our honor, Taylor! You and Steven were so easy-going and a joy to work with! I just LOVE your photographs by Deborah Sawyer. Wow! They certainly summed up a beautiful day and a very special couple's love for each other. Thank you both for being so great to work with!!! Diane
  • Jessica

Jessica S. · Married on 07/14/2019

Heartfelt and Detailed, Caring and Professional

These ladies and their family-filled business are literally everything I can imagine anyone would want to be involved in one of the most important days of your life. They hit all the marks: professional and detail-oriented, ensuring every box is ticked and nothing is forgotten in the planning process, but in a way that does not at all feel like work for the couple. My husband (!) and I just got married on July 14th and we planned the entire affair ourselves - I even did the favors and table setting design, etc myself simply because I really enjoy crafting ~ but one of the sisters married us herself and was really on top of ensuring everything from the table settings to the beach setting to the guitarist and DJ were all on schedule and perfect without us needing to think of a thing ~ and the other sister used her gifts to take just beautiful pictures at my house getting ready, at the club, at the beach, and reception - so many to look through!!

Truly exceptional service in every way possible - Quality and Quantity - everything you could ask for at truly an outstandingly reasonable price point for everything we received.

Sent on 07/24/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Jessica! You, Hunter, and your family were so wonderful to work with! It was totally our pleasure, and your creative details made the day perfect!
  • Casey B. · Married on 07/12/2019

Absolutely amazing!

So when we first decided to do our wedding in OBX we were just looking for places to do it. Weren’t really looking for a wedding planner. Well I stumbled upon Nordstrom events and sent and inquiry email. I received a response so quickly and was able to get the information I needed. Just from my experience with Nordstrom events I don’t think I’d ever recommend anyone else in that area. They made our wedding planning so simple and frustration free it was amazing. Diane and Deborah were always ready to answer any questions in the 1.5 year planning process. We have received so many complements on our wedding and I have multiple siblings that recently got married that were very jealous of how easy the process was for me with Nordstrom events. They know all the best vendors around town and contacted them right away to book them for our wedding! I would not have had anyone else do our wedding! The inclusive pricing for most things made it so much easier to commit to the process so early on.

Sent on 07/24/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Awwwwwww...thank you so much, Casey! You guys were so wonderful to work with! Yes, our goal is to make the planning process as easy as possible for our couples! Thank you so much for putting your trust in us! Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!!!!

Mark L. · Married on 06/16/2019

Dream Come True by the Ocean

Thank you so much Deborah and Diane. When we first spoke about wanting to get married out at the OBX, we felt as if our family was helping us along right from the start. We felt so comfortable with both of you along the way and are so happy that you helped us make our dreams come true. We love you both and those that were part of our beautiful day.
    Mark and Ingrid Long

Sent on 06/25/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Mark & Ingrid! We certainly enjoyed working with you and getting to know you both! Yes, it was a beautiful day, and you and your family were so sweet! We wish you all the best!!!

Nicole · Married on 06/09/2019

AMAZING beach wedding in OBX

We couldn’t have asked for anything more perfect for our wedding day! Debbie & Diane we’re friendly and so helpful over the wedding process... they helped make our wedding day a dream come true! Photos turned out amazing & so quick to view — cannot say thank you enough!!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Awwwww...thank you, Nicole! It was truly our pleasure! Wishing you and David a lifetime of happiness!!!

Aaron · Married on 05/26/2019

Attentive, Professional and Experienced

Simply put, Diane and Deborah did a phenomenal job. We could not have been happier with our choice.

If you are looking for hands on service you have found the right vendor. Day or night, they were available for calls and e-mails. We never had to worry about anything.

The photography, food and decor were all amazing and exceeded expectations. We got our photos the same week AND we got the rights to all of the photos.

Lastly and most importantly, Diane and Deborah truly care. I felt they planned the wedding as if it was there own. I can't thank them enough.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Aaron! We very much enjoyed working with you and Jill! Yes, we do try to make our couples' wedding day as perfect as possible. And our goal is to always respond as quickly as possible to questions and requests. I would expect the same from someone I hired. :-) Best wishes!!!!!

Ashley · Married on 05/18/2019

Best wedding planners ever

I could write a book about how amazing Nordstrom Events are, but I'll try to keep it short! From the start, Deborah and Diane were extremely responsive, which is very important when planning a wedding! They are extremely knowledgable and experienced. They have a lot of decor and other items that they let brides use for their weddings, so that saved us a TON of money. I honestly don't think we could've pulled off a wedding without them! Having to postpone our wedding a month and a half from the date due to a pandemic make us even more thankful for them. They contacted all our vendors on our behalf, and got us set up with a new date within a couple days of making the decision to postpone. They were actually a source of comfort and emotional support during that difficult, stressful time. They even sent me a sweet gift basket after postponing!!! They are just the kindest, sweetest souls and I'll miss getting to talk to them on a weekly, and sometimes daily basis! The entire year and a half of planning, they made me feel like my wedding was the only one the were working on, which of course isn't the case. I can't thank Diane and Deborah enough for making my dream wedding a reality. Even during COVID, I couldn't imagine a more perfect day, and they played a HUGE role in that. If you're considering Nordstrom Events, do it!! You won't regret it!

Sent on 08/25/2020

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Ashley! I cannot express how much enjoyed working with you, Nick and your families! We wish you many, many years of happiness, and please stay in touch with us!!!!!! Diane
  • Darlene

Darlene · Married on 05/17/2019

Magical wedding

Diane and Deborah were amazing partners in planning our daughters wedding. Communication was excellent, quick responses to our questions and they went above and beyond to make our daughters wedding perfect. They arrive early and stay till the end working diligently throughout the two days. I use the word magical because what they do to make the rehearsal and reception exceptional is MAGICAL. Their vendor recommendations were right on. Our caterer, DJ, florist, and cake baker were all above our expectations. It was a MAGICAL WEEK! Thank you Diane and Deborah!

Dolly (Mother of the bride)
    The pictures I posted are from our cameras. Thank

Sent on 05/13/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Dolly! It was honestly our pleasure! We are so glad you choose us for Carissa and David's big day. Such wonderful people to work with, and you are Terri went above and beyond to help make the day perfect!!!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/17/2019

Stress Free!

Diane and team were truly wonderful. They understood my vision and executed perfectly! During the planning process Diane was a great communicator making me feel at ease. Day of the team arrived promptly, were efficient and friendly! Made the day better than we imagined!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you, Emily! The choices you made for your wedding made the day truly unforgettable! We truly appreciate the opportunity to be a a part of you and Dan's big day.
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/11/2019

Highly Recommend!

We got married May of 2019 with Nordstrom Events by our side. We are in Raleigh so it would have been very difficult to plan a wedding in Kitty Hawk without a planner! They were there through everything including food tastings, cake tastings, color schemes, rehearsal, decor, photography, and planning our welcome dinner. They even helped me find someone to do my hair and makeup. Communication was absolutely wonderful and they were easy to reach through phone calls and emails. I HIGHLY recommend using Nordstrom Events if you are planning an OBX wedding.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Awwwww, thank you, Jennifer! We enjoyed working with you guys and wish you all the best! Your wedding was simply stunning, and everyone seemed to have a blast...including us!!! Diane & Deborah
  • Brian

Brian E. · Married on 05/05/2019

Outstanding!

What an amazing experience - everything was perfect. Their attention to detail is amazing, absolutely everything went right. They made sure to keep things on track throughout the process, communication was excellent. The day off the wedding could not have gone any better than it did. The vendor recommendations were top notch as well. The reception (Duck Woods CC), DJ ((Astro Entertainment), ceremony music (Dr Tom), photography (Deborah) were great. We highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 05/12/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Amelia & Brian! We were so happy that the weather turned out perfect and that everyone had a great time. Thanks for being such a great couple to work with! It warms our hearts to know you were very pleased with your big day!
  • holly

Holly · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing Company!

Diane and Deborah are such a pleasure to work with! They made are special day so easy for us and we cannot thank them enough for everything they did. They really put their hearts into everything they do! HIGHLY recommend working with them

Sent on 05/12/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Oh, Holly, thank you so much for your kind words! Deborah and I do try our best to make EVERY wedding as perfect as possible, and we are happy to know we were able to do that for you and Will. Best wishes to you both!!!
  • W

Wendy L. · Married on 04/13/2019

Absolutely perfect!

We could not be more thrilled with Diane and Deborah! They were wonderful to work with and would recommend you look no further. They made everything easy from the start. From the venue selection to each of the vendor recommendations and selections, they helped create the dream wedding for our daughter and our son-in-law come true! Their staff and all at Duckwoods Country Club, to DJHype Entertainment to Outerbanks Trolley and KEES Vacations, we thank them all! Our guests were so impressed! They said “ it was the best or one of the best weddings they had ever attended! “ We are proud to call Diane and Deborah and all that worked so hard to make this day memorable and special, our friends for life!

Sent on 04/20/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Wendy, for the wonderful review! It was totally our pleasure! Working with you, your hubby, Jessie and Cyp didn't feel at all like work. We loved every minute of it! And yes, we do agree...we feel we have made friends for life! Looking forward to seeing you again, hopefully soon.
  • Rhonda

Rhonda · Married on 03/30/2019

Thanks to Deborah and Diane for an amazing wedding

Diane and Deborah made my destination wedding stress free and unforgettable. Many thanks for doing everything possible to make my day so sowcial

Sent on 04/07/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you, Rhonda! We so enjoyed working with you and Andry, and we wish you both many years of happiness!

Morgan N. · Married on 09/09/2018

September Wedding!

It was such a wonderful wedding and they helped with EVERYTHING! We were facing the up coming hurricane, and we had to push our wedding up a few hours to miss the high tide. The day was beyond perfect and we got our pictures back less than 24 hours. I cannot even begin to thank them enough for everything!!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you, Morgan! It turned out to be an absolutely beautiful day, and we loved every minute of working with you both!!!

Chris · Married on 07/14/2018

The Best!!

Deborah & Diane are beyond remarkable! Deborah began helping us before we even decided to hire them and never stopped helping us even after our wedding day. They are very knowledgeable, accessible, prompt and just awesome! Our wedding was a destination wedding and I had nothing to worry about because these ladies made my dream wedding came through. It was very beautiful and everything went smoothly. From the ceremony to the reception the decorations were just beautiful- and they do it all! Deborah took my wedding pictures and they are so beautiful!! Overall these two women are phenomenal and I would recommend them to anyone! Thank you both!!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Kate S. · Married on 06/23/2018

Exceeded every hope and expectation

I would recommend Nordstrom Events to anyone and everyone planning their Outer Banks wedding! I can't say enough wonderful things about this company!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Julie M. · Married on 06/22/2018

Couldn't ask for more!

We worked with Diane and Deborah, and they are both truly amazing. They are responsive, attentive, knowledgable and so friendly. We felt like we were treated like family. The covered every detail for us, making sure it was exactly what we wanted. Diane set up our ceremony, in the pouring rain at 4 in the morning and still greeted us with the warmest smile and biggest hug on our big day. You won't be sorry working with Nordstrom Events!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Amy · Married on 06/02/2018

Diane and Deborah were amazing! We traveled from TN for our wedding and they covered all the little details that seemed to be impossible from 12 hours away. Everyone at home asked if I was stressed and there was never a moment I felt stressed or overwhelmed. They emailed/called/texted constantly to ease the stress of wedding planning, and if we had questions or concerns they were always there to answer and ease our concerns. We didn’t plan on hiring a wedding planner when we came to OBX, but the package they put together for us was affordable and covered everything we wanted- and again they did all the painful small wedding details I didn’t even think about!! Highly recommend these lovely ladies for your special day!!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you, Amy! We try to make the planning process as easy as possible for our couples. So glad you weren't stressed and we were able to make planning from afar a breeze!