Nordstrom Events Reviews

Nordstrom Events 7
  • Jessica

Jessica Stackhouse · Married on 07/14/2019

Heartfelt and Detailed, Caring and Professional

These ladies and their family-filled business are literally everything I can imagine anyone would want to be involved in one of the most important days of your life. They hit all the marks: professional and detail-oriented, ensuring every box is ticked and nothing is forgotten in the planning process, but in a way that does not at all feel like work for the couple. My husband (!) and I just got married on July 14th and we planned the entire affair ourselves - I even did the favors and table setting design, etc myself simply because I really enjoy crafting ~ but one of the sisters married us herself and was really on top of ensuring everything from the table settings to the beach setting to the guitarist and DJ were all on schedule and perfect without us needing to think of a thing ~ and the other sister used her gifts to take just beautiful pictures at my house getting ready, at the club, at the beach, and reception - so many to look through!!

Truly exceptional service in every way possible - Quality and Quantity - everything you could ask for at truly an outstandingly reasonable price point for everything we received.

Sent on 07/24/2019
    Nordstrom Events 8
    Nordstrom Events 9
    Nordstrom Events 10

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Jessica! You, Hunter, and your family were so wonderful to work with! It was totally our pleasure, and your creative details made the day perfect!
  • Casey Bond · Married on 07/12/2019

Absolutely amazing!

So when we first decided to do our wedding in OBX we were just looking for places to do it. Weren’t really looking for a wedding planner. Well I stumbled upon Nordstrom events and sent and inquiry email. I received a response so quickly and was able to get the information I needed. Just from my experience with Nordstrom events I don’t think I’d ever recommend anyone else in that area. They made our wedding planning so simple and frustration free it was amazing. Diane and Deborah were always ready to answer any questions in the 1.5 year planning process. We have received so many complements on our wedding and I have multiple siblings that recently got married that were very jealous of how easy the process was for me with Nordstrom events. They know all the best vendors around town and contacted them right away to book them for our wedding! I would not have had anyone else do our wedding! The inclusive pricing for most things made it so much easier to commit to the process so early on.

Sent on 07/24/2019
    Nordstrom Events 11
    Nordstrom Events 12
    Nordstrom Events 13
    Nordstrom Events 14
    Nordstrom Events 15

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Awwwwwww...thank you so much, Casey! You guys were so wonderful to work with! Yes, our goal is to make the planning process as easy as possible for our couples! Thank you so much for putting your trust in us! Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!!!!

Mark Long · Married on 06/16/2019

Dream Come True by the Ocean

Thank you so much Deborah and Diane. When we first spoke about wanting to get married out at the OBX, we felt as if our family was helping us along right from the start. We felt so comfortable with both of you along the way and are so happy that you helped us make our dreams come true. We love you both and those that were part of our beautiful day.
    Mark and Ingrid Long

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Nordstrom Events 16
    Nordstrom Events 17
    Nordstrom Events 18
    Nordstrom Events 19

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Mark & Ingrid! We certainly enjoyed working with you and getting to know you both! Yes, it was a beautiful day, and you and your family were so sweet! We wish you all the best!!!

Nicole · Married on 06/09/2019

AMAZING beach wedding in OBX

We couldn’t have asked for anything more perfect for our wedding day! Debbie & Diane we’re friendly and so helpful over the wedding process... they helped make our wedding day a dream come true! Photos turned out amazing & so quick to view — cannot say thank you enough!!

Sent on 06/16/2019
    Nordstrom Events 20
    Nordstrom Events 21
    Nordstrom Events 22
    Nordstrom Events 23

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Awwwww...thank you, Nicole! It was truly our pleasure! Wishing you and David a lifetime of happiness!!!

Aaron O · Married on 05/26/2019

Attentive, Professional and Experienced

Simply put, Diane and Deborah did a phenomenal job. We could not have been happier with our choice.

If you are looking for hands on service you have found the right vendor. Day or night, they were available for calls and e-mails. We never had to worry about anything.

The photography, food and decor were all amazing and exceeded expectations. We got our photos the same week AND we got the rights to all of the photos.

Lastly and most importantly, Diane and Deborah truly care. I felt they planned the wedding as if it was there own. I can't thank them enough.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Aaron! We very much enjoyed working with you and Jill! Yes, we do try to make our couples' wedding day as perfect as possible. And our goal is to always respond as quickly as possible to questions and requests. I would expect the same from someone I hired. :-) Best wishes!!!!!
  • Darlene

Darlene · Married on 05/17/2019

Magical wedding

Diane and Deborah were amazing partners in planning our daughters wedding. Communication was excellent, quick responses to our questions and they went above and beyond to make our daughters wedding perfect. They arrive early and stay till the end working diligently throughout the two days. I use the word magical because what they do to make the rehearsal and reception exceptional is MAGICAL. Their vendor recommendations were right on. Our caterer, DJ, florist, and cake baker were all above our expectations. It was a MAGICAL WEEK! Thank you Diane and Deborah!

Dolly (Mother of the bride)
    The pictures I posted are from our cameras. Thank

Sent on 05/13/2019
    Nordstrom Events 24
    Nordstrom Events 25
    Nordstrom Events 26

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Dolly! It was honestly our pleasure! We are so glad you choose us for Carissa and David's big day. Such wonderful people to work with, and you are Terri went above and beyond to help make the day perfect!!!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/17/2019

Stress Free!

Diane and team were truly wonderful. They understood my vision and executed perfectly! During the planning process Diane was a great communicator making me feel at ease. Day of the team arrived promptly, were efficient and friendly! Made the day better than we imagined!

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Nordstrom Events 31
    Nordstrom Events 32
    Nordstrom Events 33

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you, Emily! The choices you made for your wedding made the day truly unforgettable! We truly appreciate the opportunity to be a a part of you and Dan's big day.
  • Brian

Brian Emch · Married on 05/05/2019

Outstanding!

What an amazing experience - everything was perfect. Their attention to detail is amazing, absolutely everything went right. They made sure to keep things on track throughout the process, communication was excellent. The day off the wedding could not have gone any better than it did. The vendor recommendations were top notch as well. The reception (Duck Woods CC), DJ ((Astro Entertainment), ceremony music (Dr Tom), photography (Deborah) were great. We highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 05/12/2019
    Nordstrom Events 34
    Nordstrom Events 35
    Nordstrom Events 36
    Nordstrom Events 37
    Nordstrom Events 38

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Amelia & Brian! We were so happy that the weather turned out perfect and that everyone had a great time. Thanks for being such a great couple to work with! It warms our hearts to know you were very pleased with your big day!
  • holly

holly · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing Company!

Diane and Deborah are such a pleasure to work with! They made are special day so easy for us and we cannot thank them enough for everything they did. They really put their hearts into everything they do! HIGHLY recommend working with them

Sent on 05/12/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Oh, Holly, thank you so much for your kind words! Deborah and I do try our best to make EVERY wedding as perfect as possible, and we are happy to know we were able to do that for you and Will. Best wishes to you both!!!
  • W

Wendy Layton · Married on 04/13/2019

Absolutely perfect!

We could not be more thrilled with Diane and Deborah! They were wonderful to work with and would recommend you look no further. They made everything easy from the start. From the venue selection to each of the vendor recommendations and selections, they helped create the dream wedding for our daughter and our son-in-law come true! Their staff and all at Duckwoods Country Club, to DJHype Entertainment to Outerbanks Trolley and KEES Vacations, we thank them all! Our guests were so impressed! They said “ it was the best or one of the best weddings they had ever attended! “ We are proud to call Diane and Deborah and all that worked so hard to make this day memorable and special, our friends for life!

Sent on 04/20/2019

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Wendy, for the wonderful review! It was totally our pleasure! Working with you, your hubby, Jessie and Cyp didn't feel at all like work. We loved every minute of it! And yes, we do agree...we feel we have made friends for life! Looking forward to seeing you again, hopefully soon.
  • Rhonda

Rhonda · Married on 03/30/2019

Thanks to Deborah and Diane for an amazing wedding

Diane and Deborah made my destination wedding stress free and unforgettable. Many thanks for doing everything possible to make my day so sowcial

Sent on 04/07/2019
    Nordstrom Events 39

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you, Rhonda! We so enjoyed working with you and Andry, and we wish you both many years of happiness!

Morgan Neeley · Married on 09/09/2018

September Wedding!

It was such a wonderful wedding and they helped with EVERYTHING! We were facing the up coming hurricane, and we had to push our wedding up a few hours to miss the high tide. The day was beyond perfect and we got our pictures back less than 24 hours. I cannot even begin to thank them enough for everything!!

Sent on 10/26/2018
    Nordstrom Events 40
    Nordstrom Events 41
    Nordstrom Events 42

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you, Morgan! It turned out to be an absolutely beautiful day, and we loved every minute of working with you both!!!

Chris T. · Married on 07/14/2018

The Best!!

Deborah & Diane are beyond remarkable! Deborah began helping us before we even decided to hire them and never stopped helping us even after our wedding day. They are very knowledgeable, accessible, prompt and just awesome! Our wedding was a destination wedding and I had nothing to worry about because these ladies made my dream wedding came through. It was very beautiful and everything went smoothly. From the ceremony to the reception the decorations were just beautiful- and they do it all! Deborah took my wedding pictures and they are so beautiful!! Overall these two women are phenomenal and I would recommend them to anyone! Thank you both!!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Kate Simmons-Souell · Married on 06/23/2018

Exceeded every hope and expectation

I would recommend Nordstrom Events to anyone and everyone planning their Outer Banks wedding! I can't say enough wonderful things about this company!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Julie Morris · Married on 06/22/2018

Couldn't ask for more!

We worked with Diane and Deborah, and they are both truly amazing. They are responsive, attentive, knowledgable and so friendly. We felt like we were treated like family. The covered every detail for us, making sure it was exactly what we wanted. Diane set up our ceremony, in the pouring rain at 4 in the morning and still greeted us with the warmest smile and biggest hug on our big day. You won't be sorry working with Nordstrom Events!

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Nordstrom Events 43
    Nordstrom Events 44
    Nordstrom Events 45
    Nordstrom Events 46
    Nordstrom Events 47
    Nordstrom Events 48

Amy · Married on 06/02/2018

Diane and Deborah were amazing! We traveled from TN for our wedding and they covered all the little details that seemed to be impossible from 12 hours away. Everyone at home asked if I was stressed and there was never a moment I felt stressed or overwhelmed. They emailed/called/texted constantly to ease the stress of wedding planning, and if we had questions or concerns they were always there to answer and ease our concerns. We didn’t plan on hiring a wedding planner when we came to OBX, but the package they put together for us was affordable and covered everything we wanted- and again they did all the painful small wedding details I didn’t even think about!! Highly recommend these lovely ladies for your special day!!

Sent on 05/09/2018
    Nordstrom Events 49

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you, Amy! We try to make the planning process as easy as possible for our couples. So glad you weren't stressed and we were able to make planning from afar a breeze!

Amber · Married on 05/28/2018

On May 28th, 2018 Diane and her staff came to our beach house in Pine Island, Corolla to coordinate and set up our wedding! We live in Pittsburgh and got married exactly one year after we got engaged, which didn’t give us much time to plan. We needed help that was forsure! When I initially spoke with Diane I knew I wanted her to help plan our big day. She was beyond friendly, very knowledgeable, and we could just tell she was an honest person! We couldn’t have had such an amazing wedding day without her. Of course on our wedding day it rained and we had to pull the ceremony to the inside of our beach house, and as everyone who plans a beach wedding knows, you can plan everything except the weather! Well even though our wedding took place in our house, it was absolutely beautiful! Diane and her staff did everything they could to set up the inside just how they would have set it up on the beach. Let me tell you it was stunning! As the rain continued to fall, my hubby and I said “ I DO” under the most beautiful arch, with our closest friends and family! It was so intimate and you could feel the emotion in the room. Deborah our photographer, captured the most amazing pictures! What amazes us is that Diane and Deborah worked so wonderfully together and our entire day from start to finish was fabulous. Not to mention my family loved them both. Deborah knew how much Phil and I wanted pictures on the beach so she took time out of her busy schedule to come back on a day it didn’t rain to do just that. And WOW just WOW these pictures turned out stunning!!!! We couldn’t thank Diane, Deborah and their staff enough. Thank you, thank you, thank you! ❤️

Sent on 06/20/2018
    Nordstrom Events 57
    Nordstrom Events 58
    Nordstrom Events 59

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Oh, Amber, what a wonderful review! Thank you so much for all of these very kind words! Working with you for that year of planning was an absolute pleasure. You and Phil are such a fun couple and you and your family were pure joy to work with. Yes, the rain did put a damper on the original plans, but I agree that in the end it was a very beautiful wedding! Those large windows overlooking the ocean gave you a stunning backdrop! So, thank you so much again, and I wish you and Phil many, many years of happiness!!!

Lisa · Married on 05/19/2018

I would highly recommend Nordstrom Events. We could not have hosted a rehearsal dinner without them!!! Diane was always there for us and answered any questions. This was a destination wedding for us and they made it all so easy and possible. Friendly, caring and made dreams come true!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you, Lisa! You were wonderful to work with, and I'm so happy you were pleased! I know Becky (your assigned planner for the event) said she so enjoyed meeting you and helping to make sure everything was perfect. Thanks so much again! Diane

Christine · Married on 05/15/2018

I absolutely loved working with Diane. I would rank her higher if I could. She was wonderful, quick to respond and answered any questions we had. She is flexible and informative if she does not know an answer she will help direct you on where to get the right answer. Our flowers were breathtaking. The setup was beautiful on the beach in Nags Head, NC. Photography turned out fantastic and the price was reasonable. Book with Diane you can't go wrong. We highly recommend.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Christine · Married on 05/15/2018

I absolutely loved working with Diane. I would rank her higher if I could. She was wonderful, quick to respond and answered any questions we had. She is flexible and informative if she does not know an answer she will help direct you on where to get the right answer. Our flowers were breathtakingly. The setup was beautiful on the beach in Nags Head, NC. Photography turned out fantastic and the price was reasonable. Book with Diane you can't go wrong we highly recommend.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Ashley · Married on 05/01/2018

We don't even know where to begin with how incredible Diane and Deborah are! We are from Pennsylvania and were very nervous to have an out of state wedding. They both put every anxious thought out of our mind and planned our dream wedding, every detail from the little things like colors and wedding signs to the big things like our DJ, Videographer, and caterer! From 8 in the morning to 11 at night they made sure everyone was comfortable and had everything they needed. Our family and friends immediately fell in love with them! It got a little windy for the reception and they moved everything inside without missing a beat! Deborah is an amazing photographer and captured every moment of our big day, and got them back to us all within a week! When we got home and showed everyone, they all said they were the best wedding pictures they had ever seen! We can not thank the two of you enough for giving us the wedding of our dreams and would recommend you to anyone! Everyone that was at our wedding can see exactly why you both love what you do.
    The Ridings :)

Sent on 05/13/2018
    Nordstrom Events 60
    Nordstrom Events 61
    Nordstrom Events 62

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you, Ashley & Amber! Your wedding was so much fun, and all of your family and friends were such a joy! We had a wonderful time working with you both, and we wish you many, many years of wedded bliss!!! Diane

Christina · Married on 10/15/2017

From the first moment I contacted Nordstrom Events I knew we were in good hands. Planning a wedding from afar they made it as stress free as possible. They took care of everything and made our day so special. Deborah and Diane were amazing, organized, professional, and such a pleasure to work with, we couldn’t ask for anything more. I appreciate Deborah for working with us from the very beginning from assisting with picking an oceanfront home venue to answering my magnitude of questions no matter how small or what time of day and until the end taking beautiful photos for us. Diane was also great (and our lovely officiant) along with her staff worked so hard all day to ensure every detail and décor was in place. She also went out of her way to set up an awesome dessert station. Everyone complimented us on the wedding and how everything ran so smoothly and thank goodness the sun came out just in time :) Thank you so much for making our day memorable and perfect for us!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Jenna · Married on 10/07/2017

Diane and Deborah of Nordstrom Events did an amazing job with our wedding! It is more than I ever could have imagined . The attention to detail was to die for. I love how professional and personable they are I would recommend their services to everyone I know!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you, Jenna! We had a wonderful time and truly appreciate the opportunity! Best wishes to you both!

Marissa · Married on 09/30/2017

My husband and I got married this weekend down at the OBX. Nordstrom Events made sure our day went as smoothly and flawlessly as possible! As to be expected, the weather doesn't always cooperate. It was very windy, but we still had an amazing time. We made a few last minute changes because of the wind, but everything was perfect. Diane and Deborah both went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and stress free on our big day. They do a phenomenal job and are wonderful at what they do. I can not thank them enough for making our wedding day amazing!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you, Marissa! We truly enjoyed working with you and Jimmy to plan your special day. It was a beautiful wedding for a beautiful couple! Best wishes! Diane & Deborah

Lynndsey · Married on 09/24/2017

Diane and the Nordstrom Events staff were a pleasure to work with during the entire year up to our wedding day! Diane was super organized and helpful every step of the way. We are so glad she was our planner on the most important day of our lives, and we definitely recommend her!!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Nordstrom Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Lynndsey, for the wonderful review! You guys were great to work with, and we feel blessed to have been a part of your big day!