Nicotra's Ballroom Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Danisha K. Married on 11/06/2021

Amazing wedding party!!!

We had our wedding in November at Lorenzos restaurants hall, which is part of Nicotras group. I loved working with Briana, she is so professional, responsive, creative, kind and amazing. She would answer all my questions and whenever I mentioned any problems to her, she would quickly suggest effective solutions. The venues are so beautiful, the grounds are also beautiful. They have amazing customer service here.
    And the food is also amazing. All my guests loved our party so much, they loved the venue, the decor, the service and the food. Everyone had an awesome time.
    Thanks you so much for making my wedding so much fun.
  • Sharon
    Sharon A. Married on 09/25/2021

Beautiful Venue, Amazing Experience

Let's face it, the venue can make or break your whole wedding so there's a lot riding on this decision. Nicotra's Ballroom has everything - beautiful grounds for a romantic ceremony and pictures ✔, amazing room for your reception ✔, part of a hotel so you and your guests just have to go upstairs at the end of the night ✔, delicious food ✔, the best, most attentive staff in the industry ✔✔✔
    From the minute we first walked into Nicotra's Ballroom we felt welcomed and at home. Then we met our coordinator, Jennifer Finch, and immediately felt like we were old friends and knew we were in good hands.  Every step of the way, Jenn was there for us, answering questions, providing guidance and always making us feel as though we were the only couple she was planning an event for. Our wedding was everything we dreamed of and more! Our guests couldn't stop telling us how beautiful everything was and how delicious the food was. At a time when so many businesses were hurting, Nicotra's was acommodating and easy to work with when we had to postpone last year due to COVID.
    But the thing that sets Nicotra's apart from all the rest is the staff. It starts at the top. Mr. & Mrs. Nicotra are very involved and want to make sure that everyone has the best experience possible, which we did. Jenn and Sue, our bridal attendant, spoiled us, treated us like royalty and wouldn't let us a do a thing. They handled every little detail no matter how small so we didn't have to worry about a thing and could relax and truly enjoy our day. I could go on and on about all the wonderful things about Nicotra's but just trust me, book Nicotra's Ballroom. It was the best decision we made!!
  • Anna
    Anna G. Married on 08/22/2021

We highly recommend having your wedding at Nictora's Ballroom!

It was so wonderful to have our wedding at Nicotra's Ballroom! We had our reception at the Trevi Garden and loved the setup of that room. Plus it was really convenient to have the venue be part of the Hilton, so that our out of town guests could stay at the hotel on site. And needless to mention it was nice from a getting ready standpoint that we could get ready upstairs and then head straight to photos at the venue. Our planner was Jenn and she was great to work with! She was patient, very thorough and kept us on track on what we needed to do. We especially liked the generous tasting and our sit down session with Jenn where she provided lots of useful tips. In general, we asked a lot of questions and Jenn had all of the answers. Even with a hurricane potentially crashing our wedding, Jenn came up with timely suggestions and helped us think through our options and what changes to make. Overall, the wedding we had was spectacular! Everything was set up in such a pretty way and our guests raved about how good the food was. The bridal attendant Jackie and the maitre d' Tom did a great job in ensuring everything ran smoothly. We highly recommend having your wedding at Nictora's Ballroom!
  • Sharmaine
    Sharmaine Married on 05/04/2019

Trevi-ballroom Reception: romantic

Our wedding reception at the Trevi Garden ballroom was held here in May 2019. I chose the Trevi because I like high ceilings with curtain drapery, resembling an indoor tent. The included catering service was terrific as our wedding guests only had compliments on the quality of the food! Sue, the coordinator at the Hilton was a pleasure to work with-upbeat, direct and organized. We had a 9-piece band play, as well, in which a stage was provided at no extra cost by Sue. The elegant lamposts, the statues and fountain within the venue offered a classic theme. The lobby of the Hilton hotel was impressive and elegant too! I got a bridal suite for my party and stayed overnight after the wedding too. The bridal suite was large in space that it accommodated my bridesmaids, hair & makeup, photographer & videography crew! Uplighting along the walls was included, we chose amber and it offered a romantic feed. Highly recommended holding a wedding here.
  • Joanna
    Joanna Married on 11/10/2018

Dream Wedding

I wish I could relive that day over and over again. From the start I knew I wanted my wedding at Nicotra’s. Not only is it a gorgeous venue, but the attached hotel was definitely a plus as my husband and I have a lot of out of town family/friends. From the first day we went there, Wedding Coordinator Jen Finch was amazing!!! Always in touch and so wonderful! The night before my wedding i stayed in the bridal suite with sitting room and salon set up with my mom. The morning of my wedding I woke to a lovely in-room breakfast for me and my bridesmaids which was an extra charge but so worth it! We got back from the church and got the most beautiful pictures right on the grounds! Everyone LOVED the food. The cocktail hour was gorgeous! The staff was incredible!!! The room was absolutely beautiful!!! It was everything I could’ve wanted in a wedding and so much more!!!
    Keryn P. Married on 10/07/2018

10/10, No Regrets, Absolutely Amazing Experience

Picking Nicotra's Ballroom to get married was the best, and easiest, decision that my (now) husband and I made. Working with Sue Vaiana ensured that we had a magical wedding that was everything we hoped for and more. All of her recommendations were spot on and she was there for us every step of the way-- literally answering our emails in the middle of the night. The food and service couldn't be beat; all of our guests were extremely impressed and many said it was the best wedding they had ever been to.
    Polly Married on 01/04/2018
    These are stunning photos and an amazing venue. My favorite place to buy wedding gifts and decor I always go to www.5thavestore.com. Check them out they are amazing!
    Katie Married on 01/04/2018

Christina Married on 01/02/2018
    Shannon Married on 11/04/2017
    We were married on November 4, 2017.
    We chose Nicotra’s for the value and the location. I cannot day enough about the staff and the venue.
    Sue Vaiana is the hardest working wedding planner I have ever met. All of my questions, needs and dreams were met. She helped me find my photographer, my makeup artist, officiant and my florist. The food is SPECTACULAR, the service is unmatched anywhere I have ever gone before. Mr. and Mrs. Nicotra are wonderful and even came to my cocktail hour to offer their thanks and congratulations. I wish I could get married again just for the experience I had here.
    Denise Married on 10/14/2017
    Hands down, the best decision we made while wedding planning was to have our reception at Nicotra's. We worked very closely with Sue during the entire process, who was phenomenal beyond words. Sue was the one to answer my initial e-mail inquiring about coming to check out the venue, she guided us through the venue and package options, she sealed the deal and navigated us through the entire process. Her expertise and ability to predict all needs/concerns is uncanny. (I swear she can almost read minds!) To make it even better, she is the kindest and absolute easiest person to work with. Always available via phone, e-mail or an in-person drop by. Every step of wedding planning was enjoyable and my husband and I feel truly blessed to have had such an incredible experience. But why stop here! I must also give a tremendous shout out to our bridal attendant, Victoria and our Maitre'd, Tom, who were rockstars!! Honestly - every staff member at Nicotra's/Hilton were top-notch, on-point, courteous, professional and a delight. (We even got to meet Mr. & Mrs. Nicotra a few times and we enjoyed our conversation with them very much. It meant a lot to see how vested they are in their business and that they still give it a personal touch.) ...I really can write on forever, but I will leave just a few more comments. The food was sinfully delicious, (compliments are still rolling in from our guests and our wedding was back in October 2017,) the grounds are manicured beautifully and served as the perfect backdrop for all of our photos, and the ballroom views were breathtaking at night - looking out into the perfectly uplighted woods through floor to ceiling windows! The hotel rooms were great for all of our overnight guests, (approx 70 people.) Oh, and how can I forget the wonderful brunch we got to have with everyone the morning after! In conclusion - Sue, and Nictotra's is THE BEST! No doubt your experience will meet and exceed ours!
    Jamie Married on 05/20/2017
    I don't even know where to begin! After almost 2 years of planning, Sue Vaiana helped us have the most perfect wedding. She always responded in a timely manner to any and ALL of my questions (even if I thought they were silly). She is extremely personable and really knew her stuff...which put us at complete ease. We also found all of our vendors through her at the Nicotra's Wedding Expo, including our: photographer, videographer, DJ, florist, etc. They were all amazing and truly made our wedding seamless. The day of our wedding went off without a hitch. Once our church ceremony was over and we returned to Nicotra's, I knew we were in good hands. We literally didn't have to lift a finger. Her staff is AMAZING. Our maitre'd, Tom, and Bridal Attendant, Victoria were on top of everything! It's been 3 weeks since we got married, and our friends and family are still ranting and raving over the venue and the food. (Being Italian, the food was a very important factor for us). I can't thank Sue and the Nicotra's staff enough!
    Tim/James Married on 05/13/2017
    My husband and I got married at Nicotras in May 2017. We spent a very, very long time trying to find a venue that we were excited about and that worked for all our needs: size, budget, and something different than a normal ballroom setting. After months and months and months of searching, we came upon the Tea House room.
    To put it simply-I cannot tell you how many comments and compliments we received from our guests about the reception room, the service, the food, and the whole she-bang, and some of these people are hard to impress and I can 100% confirm that everyone truly was impressed. We've had several weddings in our family over the last few years and several of these were at the "creme de la creme" venues on Staten Island and New Jersey. You know the ones that are ridiculously expensive, yet feel like every other place or add all the bells and whistles but end up lacking in wedding 101: great food and service. The food, service, and overall experience we had (they really make you feel like family) were all A+! All of this-plus we didn't break the bank. The quality of everything about our wedding and the price we paid here compared to other prices of other locations could not be beat. We still have guests saying they want us to do it again!
    Right away-we loved the room. The Tea House is a unique variation of a ballroom and we loved it. We began working with their planner Sue V. Who helped us every step of the way to make it the wedding of our dreams. From the beginning of planning to the very end of the reception, Sue was there to help us and support us. We had planned to have the ceremony on site outside in the gazebo area and take all our pictures on the surprisingly beautiful grounds of the Hilton. This was a really important deciding part for us too. Of course, day of the wedding it rained...hard. Disappointment reared its ugly head. But-I should have known that Sue, the Nicotras and the Hilton would not let us down or let us be disappointed. (Part 1)
    Timothy Married on 05/13/2017
    (Part 2) For the ceremony, they set up a section of the ballroom for us, and it looked beautiful. As for taking pictures, let's just say Sue went ABOVE and beyond to make sure we got absolutely gorgeous pictures. Honestly, I really think the ceremony and pictures turned out better than our original plan for them.
    While planning, we were really able to personalize the food menu to our liking. Our family are huge foodies-so the food had to be perfect. And let me tell you...it was. We got so many compliments about the food.
    The service the whole evening was top notch. Especially our grooms' attendant, Victoria. If you book your wedding here-request to have Victoria as your attendant. Trust me. Seriously-request Victoria.
    The Nicotras themselves also were wonderful, from checking in on us several times throughout the event to also helping out and supporting us in unexpected ways.
    The entire wedding truly was perfect and a huge majority of that was due to the fact we picked this place, Sue, Victoria and the whole staff we encountered.
    Lastly (sorry I am long winded), as a same sex couple, there is always that initial concern about how we will be treated. From the first day, we were treated like any other marrying couple (which is a compliment) and honestly-we felt they were not only supportive of our union but were excited to be working with us. Within 5 minutes-any concern we had was gone.
    Did I mention how good the food was?
    Barbara Married on 05/06/2017
    I don't even know where to start with this one.
    Sue- YOU ARE INCREDIBLE thank you for standing by my side for 2 and a half years planning, organizing and helping us plan the wedding of our dreams. We couldn't be any more happier with the outcome of our day.
    Sabrina my bridal attendant- you have no idea how helpful you were to me and how much I appreciated everything you did for me and my bridal party
    She is so well organized and always four steps ahead of us making everything so free flowing/ on time and just simply the best!
    nicotras ballroom staff just WOW, service is A1. Everyone is so professional
    Mr and mrs nicotra thank you for the wonderful gift we walked into our bridal suite and were so filled with joy! That was very kind!

*brides...future brides Nicotras ballroom is highly recommended! Not only by me and my husband but all my guests! The back drop of the "enchanted forest" and the ambiance of the Trevi garden really set the mood

Nicotras ballroom is and was the best of the best. From my first initial meeting. To meeting Mr and mrs nicotras, tastings rehearsals...
    every single staff member is prompt and So Helpful
    Megan Married on 12/02/2016
    Nicotra's Ballroom was the venue for my December 2016 wedding and Sue Vaiana was my event coordinator. My husband and I went to visit Nicotra's Ballroom after our engagement in October 2015 and our initial meeting with Sue was a great experience. She was so personable and made us feel very comfortable. She gave us a complete tour of the various event rooms and grounds. She was extremely informative and answered all of our questions and concerns. Sue never rushed us into making a decision, and she was kind enough to invite us back when it was set up for a wedding so that we could get a feel for what it might look like if we had ours there. When we returned and saw the ballroom all set up, we were so impressed with how beautiful it looked and could really envision having our wedding there. It was so romantic and intimate; the exact ambiance I wanted my reception to have. We also had the pleasure of meeting Mr. and Mrs. Nicotra and staff member, Kristine Garlisi. They each came over to introduce themselves and took a moment to speak with us. After that night, my husband and I knew immediately that Nicotra's Ballroom would be the perfect setting to celebrate the most important day of our lives. Our wedding day came and it exceeded our expectations. Everything was amazing! Our bridal attendant, Victoria and Maitre'd, Tom were so attentive to our needs and helped make our night run smoothly. Mr. and Mrs. Nicotra were kind enough to visit us during our cocktail hour to make sure we had everything we needed and were comfortable. The service was excellent, the food was delicious, and ballroom looked gorgeous! Our family and friends are still talking about how great our wedding was and we can't thank Sue and the entire staff enough for all they did to make our night so memorable. We highly recommend booking Nicotra's Ballroom to all the future brides and grooms out there. It was a wonderful experience from beginning to end!
    Kierstin Married on 11/04/2016
    I recently held my wedding reception at Nicotra’s Ballroom, and if I could go back in time I would do it over and over again! From our first meeting, Sue walked us through the entire process and was always just an email away with any questions or concerns that crossed my mind. And for every time I felt like I was missing something, Sue had an entire checklist and plan for every detail of the night. Absolutely everything was taken care of, even a malfunction in my dress was fixed within minutes thanks to Jen our awesome bridal attendant! Multiple guests pulled me aside to let me know how impressed they were by the staff. I was worried I would be too busy to truly enjoy our reception but Tom, our maitre’d, made sure that didn’t happen. He handled every vendor for us and made sure the night went off without a hitch. And of course, just like every other bride and groom before us, we were too busy mingling to appreciate all of the amazing food, but when we got back to our suite portions of every single dish were waiting for us. I am so thankful for the entire staff at Nicotra’s Ballroom, what I thought would be the most stressful event of ive ever had to plan, ended up being the greatest time of my life! If you were considering using this team for your special day, trust me when I say you will not be disappointed!
    Melissa Married on 10/28/2016
    I can not put into words how amazing the staff at Nicotra's made our wedding day. From the planning to the actual day Sue Vaiana and her staff made things go on without a hitch. I don't think that our wedding ay would've been the same if we had chosen another venue. The breathtaking pictures we took as well as the many compliments that we had received from our guests and continue to receive almost a year later speaks to the quality of service that you will receive at Nicotra's. We kind of wish that we could have our reception all over again even a year later just from the amazing experiences received from Nicotra's. Can not wait to have another event at Nicotras hopefully in the near future.
  • Mae
    Mae Married on 10/28/2016
    I got married at Nicotras in late October of 2016, I planned the entire wedding myself and was very nervous about it all coming together.From the beginning my event coordinator sue was extremely sweet and accommodating,she did an incredible job assuring me that my day will be everything I envisioned.I was not let down. My hotel suite was very beautiful and very spacious, it included a vanity wall for me and my girls to get ready,regal stand up mirrors,a dress form and incredible bathrooms. My guests who also stayed at the Hilton were very pleased with their stay.Day of the wedding sue kept checking in to make sure I had everything I needed as well as making sure everything was running on time,I felt no pressure at all and could enjoy my day without any worry. My bridal attendant Victoria was incredibly professional and went to great measures to make sure I had anything I needed,she made me and bridal party feel like there was no request too big,to the extent of bustling my very long dress train.The food was delicious and the wait staff was very attentive. My ballroom was beautiful and my sweetheart table was royal.My reception gazebo was very well lit and romantic, also the backdrops available at this venue are endless and breathtaking from outside to inside all made for incredible pictures.Sue also recommended my cake decorator who ended up making the cake of a my dreams.Overall my wedding is a night I will never forget, It was everything I hoped for and more.All thanks to the great and very experienced team at Nicotras ballroom.
    Justine Married on 10/08/2016
    We’re extremely happy we chose Nicotra’s for our wedding! We really wanted a venue where we could do everything in one spot to make it super convenient for our guests, and Nicotra’s was a perfect option. We had our ceremony outdoors at the gazebo, cocktail hour in the Trevi Garden, reception in Nicotra’s Ballroom, and our guests stayed in the Hilton. Sue Vaiana was our event planner and was a pleasure to work with. Sue is a seasoned pro in wedding planning– she was on top of her game and all of our details throughout the process. We had a lot of very specific ideas, requests, questions, etc., and Sue was always very responsive and knowledgeable. On the big day, everything ran very smoothly. Nicotra’s puts on multiple events/parties per day, but we always felt very catered to. Our bridal attendant and maitre d’ were very organized, attentive and enthusiastic. Sue checked in with us throughout the day, keeping an eye on everything. The staff, waiters, and bartenders were all great and professional. The food was excellent. The gazebo space, Trevi Garden and ballroom were all beautiful. Overall, we think our guests sincerely had an amazing time and will be a top wedding on their lists. We had a blast and were so thrilled to see our work pay off so beautifully thanks to Sue and the Nicotra’s staff. Also, many thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Nicotra for checking in to say hi during our reception!
    Rose Married on 09/17/2016
    We had our wedding 9/16/2017, it was spectacular. We were married in the gazebo and we had the best best time. We had the best bridal attendant, wedding planner and matrede. Everything went smooth and the food was amazing. Really amazing. this was a top notch wedding.
    Tracy Married on 07/01/2016
    I had both my bridal shower and wedding reception at Nicotra's Ballroom at the Hilton Garden Inn and I cannot say more about it. I was not a bride that always dreamed of a big wedding. Once meeting Sue Viana and the Nicotra family I felt like they were family helping me through the planning process. The service was outstanding and the food even better. I have never seen a man, my now husband talk so much about a wedding and what an amazing time he had. It was a magical experience and would highly recommend to anyone.
  • F
    Francine Married on 11/08/2015
    The Best day of my life happened on November 8, 2015 when I married my Best Friend but it would not have been as beautiful or memorable without the outstanding job, help and advise of Sue Vaiana and the Nicotra's Ballroom staff ....we can not thank you enough for making our wedding day and everthing before the big day a GREAT experience.
    Megan Married on 10/24/2015
    A perfect, stress free night at Nicotra's Ballroom! We got married on October 24, 2015 and had the pleasure to deal with Sue Vaiana. She is AMAZING. I can go on and on about everything she has done for us - when I needed her opinion or when I was freaking out, Sue was there to help me get through it. Everything that night went perfectly and Sue had everything under control. I was amazed with how smooth the night went and how beautiful and delicious everything was (the breakfast with our family and friends the next day was also amazing!). In addition to Sue, I had a bridal attendant, maître d' and all the other staff members at Nicotra's who really went above and beyond. They all made sure the night went great. If you want a beautiful reception and a smooth and stress free night, Nicotra's Ballroom is the place! I wish I could give 100 stars!
    Amanda Married on 10/24/2015
    I had my wedding this past weekend (October 24) at Nicotra's Ballroom in Staten Island NY. We held our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception there. It was the most magical experience I have ever had. Everything I could have ever dreamed of as a little girl did not even come close. Working with Sue and my Bridal Attendant Jackie was like a walk through the park. Both ladies catered to me and my guests as if we were royalty. I never had to search for an attendant, because Jackie or Sue was always by my side guiding me through the evening, carrying my dress or shoes, fetching anything I or my guests may have needed. They put their absolute all in to making sure everyone was satisfied and had all their wishes fulfilled for the evening. We had a complimentary bridal suite to accommodate my bridal party all day long, before the wedding had even begun, with snacks and beverages while the photographers snapped away at us. It was magnificent, the setup was perfect, we had our reception in the Persimmon Ballroom and our cocktail hour was concluded in the Trevi Garden. Both areas were absolutely stunning and gave our wedding the personal touch and feel we acquired when booking this wonderful event. My husband and I are thoroughly satisfied with the staff at Nicotra's Ballroom, and we will definitely be booking our future events here!