Nantahala Weddings & Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Austin
    Austin B. Getting married on 05/08/2022

Made all my wedding dreams come true!!!

When we were looking for a wedding venue in the North Carolina mountains, all the venues we talked to had strings attached. Then we found Nantahala Weddings and events! First it's an incredible place with the most stunning views! The owner Jodie was was such a breath of fresh air, She loves what she does and gives you INCREDIBLE recommendations for vendors, which you can use or you can find your own vendors. It's the reason we chose to get married here, besides the view. I wanted to be able to hire who we wanted to for the big day and Nantahala Weddings and events gives you that freedom!!! You can keep it simple and you will have an amazing wedding or you can put your own flare in the space and really make it your own. With all that said you cant find a more beautiful backdrop for your wedding!!! Couldn't recommend this place more!!!
    Lacey G. Married on 08/29/2021

Beautiful Venue!

This venue was all that I dreamed of! It was such a beautiful ceremony site. The natural beauty of the landscape made it budget-friendly because you could decorate as much or as little as you wanted and it still looked amazing!!
    Andrew Married on 08/21/2021

Nantahala Weddings

Nantahala Weddings is an absolutely gorgeous venue that provides a well designed layout for both ceremony and reception. The venue owner and local vendors are fantastic and work together like a well oiled machine. All in attendance of our wedding repeatedly commented on the beauty of the venue and how wonderful the experience was. Highly recommended Nantahala Weddings for small and medium sized weddings and elopements.
    Michelle B. Married on 07/03/2021

Life changing

I was married in Nantahala on July 3 2021 and when i tell you that my experience from beginning to end was absolutely Flawless. Being that I’m from New York and this location is in North Carolina I thought that this experience is going to be super hard but needless to say the owner of the Nantahala literally walk me through the whole process step by step from wedding coordinators to food, cake and flowers.She held my hand the whole way. I can’t say enough beautiful things about Nantahala and Jody because it was my dream come true place and I can’t wait to go back and revisit the beauty.
  • Ashley
    Ashley F. Married on 05/29/2021

One of the most beautiful venues !!!

Seriously a dream come true when it comes to having a wedding here. The views are incredible and the facilities are great. Our wedding was beyond my wildest dreams and I couldn’t of asked for a better day. Jody was super accommodating and really responsive. Everything went perfect, we got the venue for the whole weekend and could spend it with all our friends and family, rather than just one day. There’s lots for your guests to do in the area, there’s the lake, hiking, waterfalls, rafting and so much more! If you are looking for a dream wedding this is the place! would recommend it to anyone ! Most photos in my review taken by our photographer Vanessa Lassin. :)
    Margarida D. Married on 05/25/2021

Wedding guest at beautiful venue

I thoroughly enjoyed attending a micro-wedding at Nantahala Weddings. The wedding ceremony was overlooking the Nantahala Lake and the cabins onsite were super cute and clean. The hosts were very helpful and it was a beautiful spot.
  • Shonna
    Shonna M. Married on 05/15/2021

Lifelong Nantahala fans!

Nantahala weddings is owned by an amazing couple who shares their love of Nantahala by providing a spectacular venue to host your wedding. The local vendors, the view and and being completely surrounded by nature was the perfect combination for our wedding. It was an unforgettable experience. We are now lifelong fans of the Nantahala Weddings and recommend their services 100%!
  • Chris
    Chris S. Married on 05/05/2021

Excellent venue and service!

Jody and her team are the best! Very accommodating and pleasant. Nice people with excellent taste. And their new view for weddings is amazing!
  • Sarah
    Sarah M. Married on 05/03/2021

Perfectly Imperfect

It rained on our wedding day BUT I will say that the team at Nantahala Weddings & Events were so accommodating and truly made it a memorable and magical day for us. I highly recommend this venue for any special occasion! You can't beat the view!
  • Anna
    Anna A. Married on 03/07/2021

Amazing venue with a beautiful ceremony spot

We had a great experience with this venue for our wedding in July 2019! The venue is located in the middle of the beautiful mountains of Nantahala. Every nature/ outdoor-lover won't be disappointed with the variety of plants around and at the venue. The owner Jody Hafey is extremly helpful, sweet and available for questions! We were able to have multiple phone calls with her which helped us a lot planning our wedding from far away (we live in New Jersey). I'd absolutely recommend this venue and also the option of taking wedding pictures at Wayah Bald (30 minutes from the venue).
  • Berina
    Berina D. Married on 11/28/2020

Most special intimate wedding with breathtaking views!

The venue is absolutely beautiful! Jody was so easy to work with and was very responsive with calls and emails. The venue will forever hold a special place in our hearts. We’re forever grateful for having the opportunity to get married at Nantahala Wedding Events & Venue.
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey H. Married on 11/07/2020

The best wedding venue out there!

We had the most magical wedding weekend thanks to Jody and the rest of our vendor team. This was a destination wedding for us, so it was amazing to be able to stay on the property from Thursday to Monday. Our family and wedding party stayed in Fie Top and the Mateos on property. We loved getting to hang out with our loved ones for the entire weekend! We even got to bring our dog! The kitchen and dining space in Fie Top was the perfect place to host meals for the wedding party. Tracey Passmore was kind enough to cater a wedding day brunch as well as the reception later that evening. The food was delicious! Our entire vendor team was top notch. We loved the flexibility of being able to use any vendor we wanted. We used a mix of Jody’s recommendations and our own finds. We could not have asked for a better coordinator than Cara Jones. She is AMAZING. Definitely reach out to her if you host your wedding here. We held our ceremony overlooking the lake, but they offer other options in case of rain. Along with the venue being breathtaking, the Nantahala area offers several beautiful photo ops. We traveled to Wayah Bald and a waterfall to take photos on our wedding day (shoutout to Appalachian Wedding Photography). Because there are no time or noise restrictions, we were able to host a bonfire after party. Everyone hung out and we didn’t have to worry about packing up or leaving right away. We thoroughly enjoyed disconnecting and enjoying family, friends, and nature the entire weekend. It was the wedding of our dreams, and we are so thankful we found this place. Book this venue! You won’t regret it!
    Megan W. Married on 10/13/2020

Amazing experience!

The venue was absolutely perfect and Jody provided everything we might need. We had an incredible experience and so did all of our guests. The location and view is amazing by itself but the service and attention Jody provides puts it over the top. We definitely feel like this was money well spent and have wonderful memories to cherish because of it. Highly recommend!
  • Danielle
    Danielle H. Married on 10/10/2020

Our wedding was perfect!

This venue is mesmerizing. You don't have to add a lot of decorations, it's natural beauty is enough. The owner and her vendors will make your day perfect. They are all a joy to work with!
    Kyle H. Married on 10/03/2020

Phenomenal experience

Beautiful venue with unlimited amount of breathtaking views. Jody has taken this location and turned it into one of the best wedding venues in all of Appalachia. The experience as a whole was very pleasant and all can expect to receive phenomenal service from start to finish. I highly recommend this location to any with the slightest ounce of interest.
  • Jessica
    Beers Married on 09/06/2020

Beautiful Views & Helpful Staff

The owner, Jody, was wonderful and communicative during the entire process and even helped us find great local catering and floral services. The ceremony space has exceptional views of the mountains and lake, and is right next to plenty of cabins for guests to rent. Our guests had a great time on the lake during our wedding weekend before the ceremony. The Fie Top suite for getting ready and the catering kitchen are right next to the ceremony and reception space, making it easy to coordinate everything. I would note that the path to the ceremony space is fairly steep and made of gravel, so sensible shoes are highly recommended. Overall, the space was perfect for our intimate ceremony.
  • Ashley
    Ashley G. Married on 08/29/2020

The most magical, romantic wedding venue in North Carolina!!

Where do I even begin?! From the moment we arrived at Nantahala lake we fell in love all over again. This hidden NC gem is one of the most serene, magical places I have ever been. Nantahala Weddings and Events made all my wedding dreams come true and it was absolutely perfect. If I could give them 10 stars I would. My wedding here was everything I dreamed of and more. I absolutely loved all the options to customize and choose your own vendors. I became very frustrated early on in my wedding planning process because I didn't want to have my vendors chosen for me by my venue. While Jody, the venue owner, has a list of trusted vendors (that are wonderful btw), you don't have to use them. Being based in Atlanta, we used a mixture of local vendors, Atlanta vendors, and Asheville Vendors. The venue spaces are sensational, and the views are the best in the area! Jody is absolutely amazing and such a joy to work with through the entire planning process. Not only is she professional and prompt, but you can tell she loves what she does and she loves the couples who choose Nantahala. She was able to help me so much through the planning process with recommendations and tips. The venue is in the woods in the mountains overlooking Nantahala Lake. It can be used for a wide variety of wedding styles from casual to formal (my theme was elegant bohemian!)- which I think makes it attractive for so many different brides and grooms looking for an outdoor venue. It is also completely dog friendly!! There are so many options to make it exactly what you want. Bonus, there is no end time, set schedule, or noise restrictions! The package I chose meant I had the venue Thursday - Monday so I was able to host a wide variety of wedding events (Rehearsal, Ceremony, Reception, After party bonfire, Sunday Brunch) all at my own leisure. It truly is an all in one venue at one great price! The venue has lodging options right on the site which is amazing. I was barely in the car the whole weekend! There are also several cabins within walking distance of the venue. Overall, I could not imagine having my wedding anywhere else. It truly was the best day of my life. This place is magic and I would recommend it a 100 times over!
    Kathy G. Married on 08/29/2020

Outstanding!!

It was a magical wedding from start to finish.
    Chapel in the sky is breathtaking and I will treasure those moments in my heart forever.
    It felt like all our loved ones were with us in spirit. Jody is fabulous and helped make Ashley & Austin’s vision come true. ♥️♥️♥️
    Love Nantahala Wedding Venue.
    Amazing day from start to finish.... ♥️♥️♥️
  • Joe
    Joe M. Married on 07/11/2020

Top Notch in Topton NC

This venue speaks for itself. Not only is it a great location to have a wedding, but the accommodations make it an even better spot compared to other venues. Being able to stay on property at Fie Top and the Mateos allowed us more time to spend with friends and family which was a huge plus since this was a destination wedding for us. Jody has done an amazing job with the property. She's professional and very personable. Her recommendations for our other vendors helped tremendously. They were all top notch. Cara Jones (our coordinator) absolutely crushed it when it came to setting up the space; Tracey Passmore did an amazing job with catering not only our reception, but also brunch and Appalachian Wedding Photography not only took photos of our day, but also helped put together a schedule for the day. If you're looking to have a smooth wedding then these are all great folks to hire. I can't recommend them enough! Thanks again Jody!
  • Lily
    Lily S. Married on 03/10/2020

Beautiful Memories!!

I recently had our special Wedding day and the day I have dreamt about since I was little at Nantahala and what I can honestly say is that Nantahala Weddings venue is a dream come true. The atmosphere and picturesque scenery not only feels like a refreshing hug but also is so open and is a true reminder of the natural wonders NC has to offer. The openness and mountain views are enough to bring peace just gazing at them or enough to feel free to do anything with family and friends. I am so thankful for the space we utilized and having access to the grounds and the ability to create an event w/out the restrictions of noise or enclosed spaces made it all the more magical. Family can stay on site or close friends and my dog is family and Jody made sure to make the venue as dog friendly as possible while maintaining areas for people who need a hypoallergenic space. Jody is prompt and at the ring anytime of day she was there to handle my requests and she has a hard working dedicated coordinator nearby who was just as much of a help. And if you need more resources Jody has plenty. Everyone who traveled had the same reaction, that no matter how hidden or how winding the road gets, the view is worth it all. Fie top suite I highly recommend to host dinner there and just another amenity that offers luxury in the mountains. Thank you Jody and to your husband for all the hard work you put into making this place so special and an enchanting day we will never forget!
  • Bernard
    Bernard M. Married on 03/05/2020

I am impressed with this beautiful venue.

Nice clean facilities and easy to navigate kitchen.
    Lots of counter/refrigeration/freezer space. I chose to cook on premise for 50 ppl so I had to come prepared with lots of stuff. The owners are very accommodating for my specific needs. Book with confidence.
    Lyndsey Married on 10/07/2019

Absolute perfection!

When my fiancé proposed I knew I wanted somewhere special and outdoorsy. I looked and looked but couldn't find what I wanted. My mom suggested a destination wedding and that is how I stumbled upon this beautiful venue. I spoke with Jody and we booked this venue sight unseen and let me tell you it is stressful planning a wedding from Florida in North Carolina, but Jody made it easy. She helped and had check ins with me to see how everything was going.

When we finally made it up to the venue it was less than 3 months before the wedding and my fiancé and mom fell in love with the view and hospitality that Jody and Stephan showed us. When we showed family and friends the venue everyone asked if there was a back drop behind us because there is no way a location could be this beautiful and let me tell you it is!

The week of the wedding was stressful because we were getting married on a Monday but Cara Jones (the wedding coordinator) made that week easy! We had a phone meeting and talked for over an hour, she is easy to talk to and has a wonderful vision. She was there for me hundreds of miles away helping ease any last minute stresses. The day of our wedding it was supposed to be a 60% chance of rain and Jody and Cara had contingency plans set in place in case it did rain. They both were constantly checking the weather and were honest with me about how it looked, thankfully it didn't rain. Cara set up the reception and how she laid everything out and the way she and her daughter set it up was straight out of my dreams.

I couldn't have asked for a better venue and better team behind me. Thank you Jody and Cara you made Rob and I extremely happy and everyone that we show pictures to are jealous. You made our dream wedding come true. We can't wait to come back and visit.
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca S. Married on 09/14/2019

I can't say enough good things about this venue!!!

This venue is absolutely amazing and is an excellent value for everything that you get when you book your event!! Jody was so easy to work with throughout the whole process and made things so easy for us that we didn't have to worry or stress over too much on our big day.

The location is absolutely amazing, tucked away in the Nantahala National Forest, private, quiet and the views... stunning. You really, honestly, can't go wrong with this venue!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing Views and Service

Nantahala Weddings was absolutely amazing! Jody was so sweet, accommodating, and responsive. We couldn’t have asked for better views or staff.