44 Reviews for Moxie Bright Events

Non-Religious (3)
Rehearsal Dinner (2)
Cultural (1)
Destination (1)

We love Renee! She is amazing and she handled so many events that fell under the umbrella of our wedding.

Truly cannot say enough AMAZING Things about her. We will go into detail. But what you need to know is she is professional, fun, organized, on top of things, and will make the wedding of your dreams come true, while greatly reducing your stress level! She's the BEST!!!!

And now some details.

Our wedding was a HUGE affair:
Rehearsal Dinner
Mehndi (Henna) Welcome party and Mehndi for bridal party and groom's family
Hindu Ceremony
Post Hindu Ceremony Lunch (with outside catering)
American Ceremony
Cocktail Hour
Reception
Brunch

So, essentially, we were planning TWO weddings with multiple events.

We had outside catering in addition to food from the resort, so all that had to be arranged.

We had a horse for the groom's Baraat, a Mandap with separate platform for the Hindu ceremony, and so much more.

Renee communicated with us consistently and amazingly.

She brought her team and they were on top of everything. Items would magically appear in our rooms when we needed them. Every time we had a question she handled it without us having to stress about a thing.

We honestly don't know how we would have done this without her. She is INCREDIBLE!

She also recommended some wonderful vendors when we needed them. And she was very open to the vendors we brought to the table (like our videographer).

She truly went above and beyond. A total pro. SO organized. And so easy to deal with. She's fun, calm, and will make sure that you don't have to worry about a thing during your wedding.

She was also fantastic at handling a multi-cultural wedding.

We are more than happy to jump on the phone and recommend her in person. Just ask Renee for our contact information.

If you are doing a full Hindu wedding (ours was Hindu and American), Renee has the experience to handle it.

Profile Picture Robyn, 12/8/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Cultural, Destination, Non-Religious

Renee and her team did a wonderful job of making our wedding go smoothly!

Profile Picture Anita, 10/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Our wedding day would never have been as fabulous and flawless as it was without the expertise, finesse and professionalism of Renee Dalo. As we requested, she maintained tremendous control of everything and brought a much needed calm when nerves were soaring. We have told all our friends that may marry soon that she is the person to have! Not only is she great at her job but you can tell she genuinely cares about you and most importantly the experience you have on the most special day of your life.

Profile Picture Jason, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Renee and her team at Moxie Bright Events are AMAZING! We loved them. It was so easy to work with Renee. She is on top of everything and she helped us create and pull off the most beautiful wedding. She listened to all the things that I was worried about and she took care of them. I didn't stress or worry at all on my wedding day because of Renee and her staff. They are the best. I highly recommend her and I will definitely use her again for future events. You can't go wrong with Moxie Bright Events!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/19/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I used Moxie Bright Events for wedding management for our July 2017 wedding in Orange County. It was one of the best decisions that we could have made! Renee and her team are so professional and easy to work with. Emails were always answered promptly and Renee made us feel so comfortable and at ease with whatever questions we had. The weeks leading up to our wedding were not as stressful for us because we knew that Renee was handling the vendors and timeline for us and we literally just needed to show up! The day of our wedding ran so smoothly and it could have been a more perfect day. Everything was the way we envisioned it.

Profile Picture Monica , 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Renee & Moxie Bright Events was the PERFECT choice for us! Any time we were feeling stressed or confused about any part of the process, we would set a call with Renee and immediately we would feel at ease - she always had everything under control. She found us amazing vendors, helped us stay within our budget, and made the wedding of our dreams look like a complete piece of cake (pun intended). There was absolutely no drama the day of our wedding - or at least, none that we saw! - because Renee is SUCH a pro. Even my family and bridesmaids were blown away by her professionalism and absolute control - and they are very hard to please. She has a theater background so she basically stage manages your wedding, and it was truly, truly perfect. Thank you, Renee!! Can we still hang out sometimes!? ;-D

Profile Picture Meredith, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Do you want a stress-free, magnificent, everything-you-dreamed-of-and-more wedding day? One that totally suits YOUR taste, honors your uniqueness, and where your guests have an awesome time?

That’s what we got with Renee. And that’s what you’ll get, too, if you get the pleasure of working with her for your wedding!

Renee truly goes above and beyond for her clients. From our initial consultation, we felt totally confident hiring her. It was the BEST decision we made. Renee’s professional, buttoned-up, responsive, honest and FUN. Renee’s background in theater production and hospitality is the perfect combination for understanding the nuances of vendor logistics and customer service that come with a wedding.

Our wedding had a unique set up with multiple catering vendors. She reached out proactively to all of them, not only to ensure they provided the correct paperwork to our venue, but also discuss the intricate timing schedule. I’m usually the one holding the reins when it comes to dotting every I and crossing every t. I felt totally comfortable handing over the controls to Renee, who knocked our wedding out of the park. Several guests commented on the easy flow of the event, even though the timeline was highly detailed. She was always available for our questions, and let us know if she might be delayed in responding for any reason, which we very much appreciated.

If you’re getting married in SoCal, stop what you’re doing and email Renee, right now. She’s all-around best-in-class wedding planner and person!

Profile Picture Julie, 4/8/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

I literally cannot say enough good things about Renee. No, seriously, there's not enough room on this website! Planning a wedding is one of the most stressful experiences of your life. Or, so I hear, because that is NOT what I experienced. I experienced a joyous time, a perfect day, and a seamless planning experience. All because of Renee. She is simply the best. Your hunt stops here.

Profile Picture Marissa, 1/28/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception

Renee is a truly delightful person who is very, very good at her job. We hired her a couple months before our New Year's wedding, at which point we had done basically no planning other than to book a venue. We wanted to keep our wedding low maintenance and within a reasonable budget, but also wanted it to be fun and full of love and food and drinks and joy. We thought maybe just a day-of planner would be sufficient, but thankfully Renee came into our lives and made everything better and easier and cheaper and more fun. She immediately understood the vibe we wanted, and kicked into gear, recommending vendors, providing guidance on where/how we should allocate our budget, and just generally turning our idea (let's have a fun party with the people we love) into a reality (actual party with details and coordination and heaters and linens and a timeline and such). She is the perfect combination of professional, empathetic, detail-oriented, responsive, connected, and effective. Also she's just a total pleasure to be around - equal parts warm and funny. Hiring her was easily the best decision we made in terms of value, and she was wonderful from beginning to end, handling all of the logistics and details and so that my husband and I could just enjoy the day and soak it all in. If there were more stars I would give them all to her. Definitely hire her.

Profile Picture User780752, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I'm a television producer and I (mistakingly) didn't think I would need a planner at all, I'm good with large scale projects- but I figured I would interview ONE just in case for month-of coordination. After one phone call with Renee and hearing her VERY reasonable rates and overall general knowledge and awesome-ness, I was in and hired her as full time. Now two weeks after our big day, I can't imagine my wedding without Renee. She helped me with absolutely everything, she found our venue and all our major vendors- our photographer, our event designer, our photographer, even our tailor who did both our wedding day outfits!

She was always there when I needed her- whether for big or small things. Very responsive and present. I trusted her judgement and she was so helpful with alllllll those weird wedding questions that come up. It was honestly like having another "me", but a calmer "me" with more wedding knowledge ;-) She drove me to check out venues, met me at my dress fittings, all the things! Having Renee there to handle so much, I was free to tackle other fun projects like finding a adorable photo booth and spending extra time buying personal gifts for our bridal party. I loved having her perspective and she was very practical and stuck to the goals she knew my partner and I wanted.

THE BIG DAY - I didn't have to do a thing. I had nothing left to do but get ready and enjoy myself. We had a very big very complicated venue and Renee and her team made everything work perfectly. Her assistants were incredible, one of them steamed my giant dress all morning, one ran up a hill (did I mention our venue had a lot of hills?) to get the rings right before the ceremony, Renee ran everything like a general. It was all beautiful and the perfect magical day we wanted.

I would get married again just to work with Renee more! I can't say enough about her and hiring a planner, do it! Hire her! Best money I spent in our whole budget. :-)

Profile Picture Dana, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Thank goodness for Renee and her team!! My husband and I had about a year and a half long engagement, so we thought we had plenty of time to do everything ourselves. Boy were we wrong! Renee was always incredibly accessible, helpful and calming. She always eased any stress or worrying we had by quickly responding to any email or question..no matter how silly. Renee even saved us with a last minute linen vendor! She made the very stressful process of planning a wedding very easy. On the day of the wedding, my husband were able to get ready and enjoy our morning thanks to Renee and her team. I was amazed at how beautifully they set everything up for the reception while keeping the entire day on schedule. Our wedding day was stress free and beautiful. At the end of the evening, Renee and her team worked their magic again, packing everything up while everyone danced the night away. Because of Renee, when I look back on my wedding day, I think of what an amazing and joyful day it was without one bit of stress.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Civil, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I honestly don't know what I would have done without Renee. While I'm super buttoned up and organized at work, I was completely frazzled and lost when it came to planning my wedding. Once Renee came on board, I immediately felt like I was in great hands. She has loads of experience and is incredibly knowledgeable - she's like a walking wedding encyclopedia. She suggested amazing vendors, and she always had quick answers to my millions of questions. It's 100% WORTH IT to hire a planner, especially when that planner is Renee. She will help you, guide you, deal with difficult vendors for you, and shield you from all the stress that you would have dealt with if you didn't hire her. Our wedding ended up being absolutely wonderful, and I will forever be thankful for Renee's help along the way!

Profile Picture Kendal, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Renee came to our rescue and helped us have a worry and hassle free wedding. I enjoyed the night and the experience and didn't have to worry, Renee had things covered.

Profile Picture Damien, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

What can we say... Our wedding turned out to be one of the most love-filled, magical days of our lives. If you're looking for someone who is at once a complete pro to guide you through the woods of wedding planning with ease and expertise, as well as someone who is creative and will make the journey fun and enjoyable along the way, look no further. Renee Dalo was not only a pleasure to work with, by our wedding day she felt like a friend we were grateful to have in our lives. What's more, every vendor she paired us with we felt the same way about-- from the band to the caterers to the party rentals, etc. Renee truly understood who we were and what we wanted, sometimes more than us! We couldn't recommend her more. Our friends are already booking her!

Light & Frank

Profile Picture Light, 9/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony Music, Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Renee and the Moxie Bright team made our wedding day effortless. We had spent months planning a creative, personal ceremony and reception but brought Moxie Bright on board in the last two months because we needed some expert help with the finishing touches and execution. Without Renee's depth of experience and reassuring guidance, these two grooms wouldn't have been able to put together what we wanted - a fun party that just happened to also be our wedding. So many of our guests repeatedly told us how much it felt like "Stefan and John".

Profile Picture Stefan, 8/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Cliche as it sounds, our wedding truly was one of the best days ever. Really. It was so much more that we could have imagined or hoped for, and Renee was a huge part of pulling it all together. We live in DC but decided to get married in LA to be closer to family. This was the right decision for us, but added on an extra layer of logistical mess to sort through. Throughout the year we took to plan our wedding, Renee was with us every step of the way, answering our questions, offering suggestions, keeping us on time, and stepping in with support. She was quick to respond to emails or calls, knew how to work with the most difficult of vendors, and was wonderful with navigating different family personalities. She consistently went above and beyond the call of duty, making it easy for us to enjoy the journey of planning our wedding. She's warm, funny, and an all around joy to be around. Hire her. You'll be happy you did!

Profile Picture Lucy, 7/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

This was the second time we worked with Renee (first for our elopement!) and it was wonderful. She was so responsive to our messages and really worked around our schedules. She made the entire day run smoothly and we were really able to enjoy the entire day without worrying about any of the details. I would highly recommend Moxie Bright Events

Profile Picture Heidi, 4/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

If you ever had a doubt in hiring a day-of coordinator, don't. It is the best investment you'll make to ensure your day will go smoothly!

I was in the process of planning an untraditional surprise wedding in 4 months at The Unique Space. I had interviewed a few other month-of/day-of coordinators prior to hiring Renee, but did not feel as comfortable with them. When we had talked to her over Skype, we loved her right away! She had a funny, positive, no BS attitude about her that made us feel confident that we could trust her for our wedding day. She answered all our questions and was so knowledgeable throughout the planning process.

On the rehearsal and wedding day, she handled everything well. She and her assistant made the day go smoothly even though not everything went as planned. It was never noticeable to anyone at all. They did the best job in making me feel completely relaxed to truly enjoy our special day. Thanks, Renee!

Profile Picture Melissa, 12/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Renee Dalo (Moxie Bright Events) was just wonderful to work with! We hired her specifically as a "Day Of" coordinator, but she was so much more. I loved that I was able to send her unlimited questions via email and that was so valuable especially because she gave me confidence in the wedding decisions I was making. She also was a great resource for wedding vendors, we used both a DJ and a hair/makeup vendor she recommended with great results. Renee just went above and beyond with everything! She helped with all sorts of small details we were trying to work out. Plus, she is so capable that I felt totally confident that the wedding would go off without a hitch, which it did. I would 100% recommend Renee to any bride and groom out there. She is a true professional, a lovely person, and an excellent wedding planner/coordinator!

Profile Picture Gillian, 11/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Renee was very organized, very on top of EVERYTHING! She was SO helpful during the real crunch times. She communicated well with the other vendors, venue staff, and us of course! She did everything so well that our day was a total breeze - like seriously NO problems at all! She coordinated the hell out of our wedding!

Renee, we literally could not have done it without you.

Profile Picture User5603118, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Renee's whole attitude, which is exactly what you'd want in a coordinator, is "Don't worry, I got this." I talked to several coordinators before deciding to go with Renee, and so glad I did because I could tell from the start that she isn't just in the business because she likes weddings, but can handle them from an actual event management perspective and can make sure everything is under control. I had an issue with my rentals falling through 3 days before my wedding, and as she let me know (also reminding me not to freak out), she told me she already had a plan B with another vendor ready to go. She was super prepared and made sure everything went smoothly the day of my wedding, and wasn't afraid to grab us from random guests trying to monopolize our time in order to make sure we got to see everyone and do everything we wanted to do that night. She has a no-nonsense attitude and makes it clear that you should be able to do whatever YOU want for your wedding and not worry about tradition or what anyone else is trying to force you into. I highly recommend Renee!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/26/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I produce films and theatre for a living and so my expectations were very high for a full service wedding planner. We decided to hire a planner so that I could relax and enjoy the day instead of it feeling like just another production I needed to oversee. Renee exceeded my expectations on all fronts.
Reasons you should hire Renee:
1. Her warmth and sense of humor
Planning meetings with Renee were fun. We now have a new friend for life.
2. Her attention to detail
Our wedding had a lot of moving parts (several performances & art installations) and she kept it moving like a well oiled machine, with each step and detail thought through and "plan B"ed.
3. Her advice
Renee always responded to my questions big and small, no matter how rookie. She would advise what "some people traditionally do" but would emphasize that we could do whatever we wanted b/c it was our day.
4. Her collaborative spirit
She was game for our wacky ideas. It felt like she was as excited to pull them off as we were. She never told us no, but would give thoughtful suggestions and reasons why we might want to do something in a more effective way.
5. Vendors
She hooked us up with an excellent florist, Winston & Main, who was totally our style and found us some awesome furniture rentals.
6. Her grace under fire
Day of, I got to relax and enjoy! Renee was cool as a cucumber and shielded us from unnecessary stress (one of our vendors was late, but we had no idea b/c everything flowed so smoothly)
I'm looking forward to having another occasion/excuse to work with Renee again.

Profile Picture Sara , 8/15/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Renee has the perfect balance of sweetness and assertiveness. She is on top of everything at all times! Everyone, from the venue employees to family and friends, loved working with her. Not a single thing fell through the cracks. Ask and you shall receive! She's wonderful!

Profile Picture Christina, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My wife and I recently got married in Palm Springs and hired Renee as our wedding coordinator. Probably the best decision we made throughout the entire wedding process. After just the initial phone conversation, I felt a HUGE sense of relief and I wasn't even responsible for any of the planning of this event. But it took a tremendous amount of pressure off my wife which, in turn, took pressure off me.

A few months prior to our wedding, Renee met us at the venue and was instrumental in developing the layout of the ceremony and reception which was held in a large backyard. She worked incredibly well with all the other vendors we hired, i.e. caterer, DJ, photographer, etc., etc, and that helped streamline the entire day from start to finish. She was very diplomatic with how she interacted with all family members, friends, kids, etc., etc.

If you're getting married in Southern California and need help, hiring Renee is the best decision you'll make. Planning a wedding is one of the most stressful endeavors you can take on (just ask my wife) and Renee's services were worth their weight in gold.

Profile Picture User5047169, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews