Moxie Bright Events Reviews

Moxie Bright Events 7
  • Rachael

Rachael Paradis · Married on 05/26/2019

Honest, Smart, Gets it done

Renee is a bad-ass who kept it real with me and my husband, while also getting things done. She is smart, kind, funny and just knows what to do and when. I didn't worry once during my whole process, I knew she had it all handled.

If you are considering getting a planner... DO. Renee is worth every penny for her skills and the stress that will be taken off your plate. I have heard planning horror stories... and thanks to Renee my process was smooth, I didn't worry about any of my vendors cause she vetted them all and my day went PERFECTLY.

Hire Renee, YOU WILL NOT REGRET.

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Gillian

Gillian · Married on 02/09/2019

Moxie Bright is the best wedding planning choice you could make

I was extraordinarily not stressed out the week of my wedding, and it was all thanks to Renee. Now that I’ve been through wedding planning with her as our wedding manager, I honestly don’t understand how anyone else gets married. She was calm, collected, and completely on top of everything. As a wedding manager, she was included every step of the way, giving us recommendations, her opinions, etc. The closer we got to the wedding, the less worried I was. I knew that she had everything under control. Hiring Renee was the absolute best decision I made.

Sent on 03/02/2019
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 09/15/2018

Couldn’t have done it without Renée!

Honestly, Renee was CRITICAL to our wedding. We were planning a destination wedding in a Joshua Tree from Chicago, and needed to bring lots of out of town vendors in. Renée was a pro at giving advice, being conduit between us and our vendors, and giving the best recommendations. She was always willing to hop on a call, and encouraged us to loop her into any and all wedding issues.

On the wedding weekend, we could relax knowing that Renee and her assistant had everything covered — and this made such a difference especially considering that there was a lot of coordination to be done to ensure all vendors/deliveries came together perfectly.

When we had a hiccup with our food (which we had booked prior to hiring Renée), she revised the timeline and worked with our DJ to ensure that the night still flowed nicely. So much so that some people didn’t even realize we had a food issue!

Truly could not have done it without her — she is fun, easy to work with, and is an expert at all things wedding.

Thanks, Renee!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Brianna · Married on 07/28/2018

Renee of Moxie Bright Events is absolutely amazing and incredible! No exaggeration. Everything about our wedding went better than we could have expected thanks to her expertise, organization skills and awesome personality. The best part is that we were able to fully enjoy our big day instead of stressing out over all the little details. We could completely trust Renee and her team to handle everything perfectly! In the months of planning leading up to the event, she was a joy to work with. She helped us find the perfect vendors (an amazing band and brilliant florist) and she was always making sure our concerns and the concerns of our guests were thoughtfully considered. If you are getting married, re-married or hosting any kind of event you cannot go wrong if Renee Dalo is helping you plan it. She is the very best at what she does and we couldn’t have imagined our wedding day without her guidance, support and wisdom. Honestly, we can’t recommend Renee enough and award her the highest amount of stars possible.

Sent on 09/11/2018
    Moxie Bright Events 15
    Moxie Bright Events 16
    Moxie Bright Events 17

Jody · Married on 03/16/2018

Renee was absolutely superb in planning our daughter’s intimate backyard wedding and restaurant dinner following the ceremony. Renee and her whole team could not have been more on top of creating a beautiful and magical evening for all of us. Having never used a party planner before I finally realized what a relief and pleasure it was to have someone else attending to all of the many details. Her vendors were all exceptional and her supervision and input were extraordinary. From start to finish Moxie Bright Events created a beautiful night from flowers, welcome bags, desserts and all the personal touches we desired. Renee was a pleasure to work with and she was very understanding and accomodating whenever we made a change. She truly listened and respected the wishes of our family. Everything was flawless and would love to have a chance to work with her again!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Nicole · Married on 01/04/2018

A true wedding professional and a pleasure to work with!

Renee is a true wedding professional and a pleasure to work with! Hiring her was the best decision we made, as she either knows all the answers or knows where to find them, and is very highly organized! I love that we were able to email her any questions from 2-months out and she was always quick to respond. She also had a team with her on the day of the wedding to help things run smoothly. One of her team members even escorted our dog from the venue back to our hotel after the ceremony. It was a stress relief knowing that Renee was there and ready to handle anything. If you're unsure about hiring a wedding coordinator, talk to Renee! She's a game-changer!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Robyn · Married on 12/08/2017

We love Renee! She is amazing and she handled so many events that fell under the umbrella of our wedding.

Truly cannot say enough AMAZING Things about her. We will go into detail. But what you need to know is she is professional, fun, organized, on top of things, and will make the wedding of your dreams come true, while greatly reducing your stress level! She's the BEST!!!!

And now some details.

Our wedding was a HUGE affair:
    Rehearsal Dinner
    Mehndi (Henna) Welcome party and Mehndi for bridal party and groom's family
    Hindu Ceremony
    Post Hindu Ceremony Lunch (with outside catering)
    American Ceremony
    Cocktail Hour
    Reception
    Brunch

So, essentially, we were planning TWO weddings with multiple events.

We had outside catering in addition to food from the resort, so all that had to be arranged.

We had a horse for the groom's Baraat, a Mandap with separate platform for the Hindu ceremony, and so much more.

Renee communicated with us consistently and amazingly.

She brought her team and they were on top of everything. Items would magically appear in our rooms when we needed them. Every time we had a question she handled it without us having to stress about a thing.

We honestly don't know how we would have done this without her. She is INCREDIBLE!

She also recommended some wonderful vendors when we needed them. And she was very open to the vendors we brought to the table (like our videographer).

She truly went above and beyond. A total pro. SO organized. And so easy to deal with. She's fun, calm, and will make sure that you don't have to worry about a thing during your wedding.

She was also fantastic at handling a multi-cultural wedding.

We are more than happy to jump on the phone and recommend her in person. Just ask Renee for our contact information.

If you are doing a full Hindu wedding (ours was Hindu and American), Renee has the experience to handle it.

Sent on 02/04/2018
    Moxie Bright Events 18
    Moxie Bright Events 19
    Moxie Bright Events 20
    Moxie Bright Events 21
    Moxie Bright Events 22

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Robyn & Atul, your wedding was one for the books! A complete labor of love from start to finish, I am so grateful that my team was able to be there and support your wedding weekend! And what a fabulous weekend it was! Can we do it again? (jk!)

Anita · Married on 10/08/2017

Renee and her team did a wonderful job of making our wedding go smoothly!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Thank you, Anita! So glad we were able to support you & your family on your wedding day!

Jason · Married on 10/07/2017

Our wedding day would never have been as fabulous and flawless as it was without the expertise, finesse and professionalism of Renee Dalo. As we requested, she maintained tremendous control of everything and brought a much needed calm when nerves were soaring. We have told all our friends that may marry soon that she is the person to have! Not only is she great at her job but you can tell she genuinely cares about you and most importantly the experience you have on the most special day of your life.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Jason & Jeff, your wedding was so joyful, heartfelt, and fun - just like both of you! Thank you for trusting me with executing your vision for your Big Day. It was such a pleasure working with you!

Melissa · Married on 08/19/2017

Renee and her team at Moxie Bright Events are AMAZING! We loved them. It was so easy to work with Renee. She is on top of everything and she helped us create and pull off the most beautiful wedding. She listened to all the things that I was worried about and she took care of them. I didn't stress or worry at all on my wedding day because of Renee and her staff. They are the best. I highly recommend her and I will definitely use her again for future events. You can't go wrong with Moxie Bright Events!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Melissa, thank you so much for your kind words! Supporting you and Adam on your wedding day was a joy! I hope we get to do another event together someday!

Monica · Married on 07/29/2017

My husband and I used Moxie Bright Events for wedding management for our July 2017 wedding in Orange County. It was one of the best decisions that we could have made! Renee and her team are so professional and easy to work with. Emails were always answered promptly and Renee made us feel so comfortable and at ease with whatever questions we had. The weeks leading up to our wedding were not as stressful for us because we knew that Renee was handling the vendors and timeline for us and we literally just needed to show up! The day of our wedding ran so smoothly and it could have been a more perfect day. Everything was the way we envisioned it.

Sent on 08/31/2017

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Monica, thank you so much for your kind words! It was my pleasure to support you and Devon on your wedding day. I am so glad we were able to help make your day enjoyable and stress-free!

Diann · Married on 07/15/2017

Renee is THE BEST and I want to throw more parties just as an excuse to use her services. She is amazing. Here's why:

1. Our wedding was PERFECT. The entire weekend was magical, every event ran smoothly, and I had ZERO WORRIES. (I don't usually use this much ALL CAPS but I really want the entire world to know about Renee and hire her!) Seriously, nothing went wrong and my husband and I were completely relaxed all weekend. That alone makes Renee worth every penny.

2. Renee gives you real advice and guidance, knows all the best vendors and venues, isn't afraid to play the bad guy so you don't have to, and is both persistent and a perfectionist. Examples:
    - My best friend runs a catering business and knows lots of wedding planners. When I asked her for a recommendation she immediately pointed me to Renee because she knows how crazy Type A and detail oriented I am, and knew that Renee would exceed all of my expectations.
    - Renee found the venue we ended up booking (the Ruby Street in Highland Park). She sent me info early on, I did some research and initially decided not to tour bc the pictures I saw online seemed more vintage and not modern enough for my tastes. After forcing Renee to tour 15 other venues with us - and still not finding one that felt perfect - Renee suggested Ruby Street again. I always think I know best, but I grudgingly listened to Renee and I'm so happy I did. Our venue was perfect.
    - Renee curates perfect lists of vendors whose personalities you will love, whose price points fit your budget, and who know how to create the exact wedding you want. She saved us so many hours of researching (and so much uncertainty).

3. Renee saved us money! I have so many examples of how she did that but I'm hitting a word limit on this review!

Since I can't write more - I'll keep it simple. HIRE RENEE. It was the first and best decision we made after we got engaged.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Meredith · Married on 05/27/2017

Renee & Moxie Bright Events was the PERFECT choice for us! Any time we were feeling stressed or confused about any part of the process, we would set a call with Renee and immediately we would feel at ease - she always had everything under control. She found us amazing vendors, helped us stay within our budget, and made the wedding of our dreams look like a complete piece of cake (pun intended). There was absolutely no drama the day of our wedding - or at least, none that we saw! - because Renee is SUCH a pro. Even my family and bridesmaids were blown away by her professionalism and absolute control - and they are very hard to please. She has a theater background so she basically stage manages your wedding, and it was truly, truly perfect. Thank you, Renee!! Can we still hang out sometimes!? ;-D

Sent on 06/27/2017

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Meredith & Steve! It was a wonderful journey working with you on your wedding from the very beginning. Your wedding day was gorgeous and joyous and I am so glad you were able to relax and enjoy! And yes, we can totally hang out now!

Julie · Married on 04/08/2017

Do you want a stress-free, magnificent, everything-you-dreamed-of-and-more wedding day? One that totally suits YOUR taste, honors your uniqueness, and where your guests have an awesome time?

That’s what we got with Renee. And that’s what you’ll get, too, if you get the pleasure of working with her for your wedding!

Renee truly goes above and beyond for her clients. From our initial consultation, we felt totally confident hiring her. It was the BEST decision we made. Renee’s professional, buttoned-up, responsive, honest and FUN. Renee’s background in theater production and hospitality is the perfect combination for understanding the nuances of vendor logistics and customer service that come with a wedding.

Our wedding had a unique set up with multiple catering vendors. She reached out proactively to all of them, not only to ensure they provided the correct paperwork to our venue, but also discuss the intricate timing schedule. I’m usually the one holding the reins when it comes to dotting every I and crossing every t. I felt totally comfortable handing over the controls to Renee, who knocked our wedding out of the park. Several guests commented on the easy flow of the event, even though the timeline was highly detailed. She was always available for our questions, and let us know if she might be delayed in responding for any reason, which we very much appreciated.

If you’re getting married in SoCal, stop what you’re doing and email Renee, right now. She’s all-around best-in-class wedding planner and person!

Sent on 04/30/2017

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Julie, you are a gem! I am so glad you and Brian found me along your wedding planning journey. Thank you for trusting me and my "crazy" linen choices, and for having such a fun, romantic and stunning wedding!

Marissa · Married on 01/28/2017

I literally cannot say enough good things about Renee. No, seriously, there's not enough room on this website! Planning a wedding is one of the most stressful experiences of your life. Or, so I hear, because that is NOT what I experienced. I experienced a joyous time, a perfect day, and a seamless planning experience. All because of Renee. She is simply the best. Your hunt stops here.

Sent on 02/22/2017

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Marissa, I am so overjoyed that you and Jordan were able to relax and enjoy your gorgeous wedding! Thank you so much for your kind words, I appreciate them so much. Much love to you both!

Amy · Married on 01/01/2017

Renee is a truly delightful person who is very, very good at her job. We hired her a couple months before our New Year's wedding, at which point we had done basically no planning other than to book a venue. We wanted to keep our wedding low maintenance and within a reasonable budget, but also wanted it to be fun and full of love and food and drinks and joy. We thought maybe just a day-of planner would be sufficient, but thankfully Renee came into our lives and made everything better and easier and cheaper and more fun. She immediately understood the vibe we wanted, and kicked into gear, recommending vendors, providing guidance on where/how we should allocate our budget, and just generally turning our idea (let's have a fun party with the people we love) into a reality (actual party with details and coordination and heaters and linens and a timeline and such). She is the perfect combination of professional, empathetic, detail-oriented, responsive, connected, and effective. Also she's just a total pleasure to be around - equal parts warm and funny. Hiring her was easily the best decision we made in terms of value, and she was wonderful from beginning to end, handling all of the logistics and details and so that my husband and I could just enjoy the day and soak it all in. If there were more stars I would give them all to her. Definitely hire her.

Sent on 02/06/2017

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Amy, thank you so much for your kind words. I adore you & Aaron, and I loved all the unique choices you made for your wedding that made it especially "you". Taco bar, margaritas & mariachis forever!

Dana · Married on 10/22/2016

I'm a television producer and I (mistakingly) didn't think I would need a planner at all, I'm good with large scale projects- but I figured I would interview ONE just in case for month-of coordination. After one phone call with Renee and hearing her VERY reasonable rates and overall general knowledge and awesome-ness, I was in and hired her as full time. Now two weeks after our big day, I can't imagine my wedding without Renee. She helped me with absolutely everything, she found our venue and all our major vendors- our photographer, our event designer, our photographer, even our tailor who did both our wedding day outfits!

She was always there when I needed her- whether for big or small things. Very responsive and present. I trusted her judgement and she was so helpful with alllllll those weird wedding questions that come up. It was honestly like having another "me", but a calmer "me" with more wedding knowledge ;-) She drove me to check out venues, met me at my dress fittings, all the things! Having Renee there to handle so much, I was free to tackle other fun projects like finding a adorable photo booth and spending extra time buying personal gifts for our bridal party. I loved having her perspective and she was very practical and stuck to the goals she knew my partner and I wanted.

THE BIG DAY - I didn't have to do a thing. I had nothing left to do but get ready and enjoy myself. We had a very big very complicated venue and Renee and her team made everything work perfectly. Her assistants were incredible, one of them steamed my giant dress all morning, one ran up a hill (did I mention our venue had a lot of hills?) to get the rings right before the ceremony, Renee ran everything like a general. It was all beautiful and the perfect magical day we wanted.

I would get married again just to work with Renee more! I can't say enough about her and hiring a planner, do it! Hire her! Best money I spent in our whole budget. :-)

Sent on 11/04/2016

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Planning your wedding was an absolute highlight of my year, possibly even my career. Can we do it again? (just kidding) Thank you (& Chad) for being amazing, creative, open, trusting, and hilarious. Love you both so much! My only regret was that Louise couldn't be in the wedding. :-)

Rebecca · Married on 10/15/2016

Thank goodness for Renee and her team!! My husband and I had about a year and a half long engagement, so we thought we had plenty of time to do everything ourselves. Boy were we wrong! Renee was always incredibly accessible, helpful and calming. She always eased any stress or worrying we had by quickly responding to any email or question..no matter how silly. Renee even saved us with a last minute linen vendor! She made the very stressful process of planning a wedding very easy. On the day of the wedding, my husband were able to get ready and enjoy our morning thanks to Renee and her team. I was amazed at how beautifully they set everything up for the reception while keeping the entire day on schedule. Our wedding day was stress free and beautiful. At the end of the evening, Renee and her team worked their magic again, packing everything up while everyone danced the night away. Because of Renee, when I look back on my wedding day, I think of what an amazing and joyful day it was without one bit of stress.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Rebecca, You and Daniel are such bright lights and kind souls. It was absolutely my pleasure to provide Wedding Management services for your wedding day. I am so glad we were able to assist you as you planned and become a trusted ally. Big hugs and best wishes to you both!

Kendal · Married on 10/08/2016

I honestly don't know what I would have done without Renee. While I'm super buttoned up and organized at work, I was completely frazzled and lost when it came to planning my wedding. Once Renee came on board, I immediately felt like I was in great hands. She has loads of experience and is incredibly knowledgeable - she's like a walking wedding encyclopedia. She suggested amazing vendors, and she always had quick answers to my millions of questions. It's 100% WORTH IT to hire a planner, especially when that planner is Renee. She will help you, guide you, deal with difficult vendors for you, and shield you from all the stress that you would have dealt with if you didn't hire her. Our wedding ended up being absolutely wonderful, and I will forever be thankful for Renee's help along the way!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Kendal, thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad that I was able to alleviate stress and reduce worry throughout your wedding planning process. Your wedding day was so gorgeous and fun, just like you! All the best to you & Dave (& Murray!) for a lifetime of love & laughter!

Damien · Married on 09/10/2016

Renee came to our rescue and helped us have a worry and hassle free wedding. I enjoyed the night and the experience and didn't have to worry, Renee had things covered.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Thank you, Damian! I loved providing Wedding Management for you & Eunice at Hinoki & the Bird. Thank you for your kind review!

Light · Married on 09/04/2016

What can we say... Our wedding turned out to be one of the most love-filled, magical days of our lives. If you're looking for someone who is at once a complete pro to guide you through the woods of wedding planning with ease and expertise, as well as someone who is creative and will make the journey fun and enjoyable along the way, look no further. Renee Dalo was not only a pleasure to work with, by our wedding day she felt like a friend we were grateful to have in our lives. What's more, every vendor she paired us with we felt the same way about-- from the band to the caterers to the party rentals, etc. Renee truly understood who we were and what we wanted, sometimes more than us! We couldn't recommend her more. Our friends are already booking her!

Light & Frank

Sent on 12/21/2016

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Light & Frank, I can't say enough about how much I loved planning your wedding! You are both the loveliest souls, and your emotional, funny, musical, and gorgeous wedding day was a reflection of the love you two share and the love you share with others. Thank you for allowing me to be a small part of your big day!

Stefan · Married on 08/12/2016

Renee and the Moxie Bright team made our wedding day effortless. We had spent months planning a creative, personal ceremony and reception but brought Moxie Bright on board in the last two months because we needed some expert help with the finishing touches and execution. Without Renee's depth of experience and reassuring guidance, these two grooms wouldn't have been able to put together what we wanted - a fun party that just happened to also be our wedding. So many of our guests repeatedly told us how much it felt like "Stefan and John".

Sent on 11/20/2016

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

John & Stefan, It was absolutely my pleasure to provide Wedding Management services for your wedding day! Your Millwick wedding was a highlight of 2016, and I am so glad you were able to relax and enjoy your day!

Lucy · Married on 07/03/2016

Cliche as it sounds, our wedding truly was one of the best days ever. Really. It was so much more that we could have imagined or hoped for, and Renee was a huge part of pulling it all together. We live in DC but decided to get married in LA to be closer to family. This was the right decision for us, but added on an extra layer of logistical mess to sort through. Throughout the year we took to plan our wedding, Renee was with us every step of the way, answering our questions, offering suggestions, keeping us on time, and stepping in with support. She was quick to respond to emails or calls, knew how to work with the most difficult of vendors, and was wonderful with navigating different family personalities. She consistently went above and beyond the call of duty, making it easy for us to enjoy the journey of planning our wedding. She's warm, funny, and an all around joy to be around. Hire her. You'll be happy you did!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Lucy, thank you so much! I truly loved working with you & David - and your mom and Tony too! Your whole wedding was filled with such love and such style, I will always love your wedding so much! Thanks again!

Heidi · Married on 04/16/2016

This was the second time we worked with Renee (first for our elopement!) and it was wonderful. She was so responsive to our messages and really worked around our schedules. She made the entire day run smoothly and we were really able to enjoy the entire day without worrying about any of the details. I would highly recommend Moxie Bright Events

Sent on 04/28/2016

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Thank you so much Heidi! I absolutely loved working with you & Wei - twice! Thank you for your kind words! Big hugs!

Melissa · Married on 12/27/2015

If you ever had a doubt in hiring a day-of coordinator, don't. It is the best investment you'll make to ensure your day will go smoothly!

I was in the process of planning an untraditional surprise wedding in 4 months at The Unique Space. I had interviewed a few other month-of/day-of coordinators prior to hiring Renee, but did not feel as comfortable with them. When we had talked to her over Skype, we loved her right away! She had a funny, positive, no BS attitude about her that made us feel confident that we could trust her for our wedding day. She answered all our questions and was so knowledgeable throughout the planning process.

On the rehearsal and wedding day, she handled everything well. She and her assistant made the day go smoothly even though not everything went as planned. It was never noticeable to anyone at all. They did the best job in making me feel completely relaxed to truly enjoy our special day. Thanks, Renee!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Moxie Bright Events's reply:

Melissa, it was absolutely my pleasure to manage your wedding day! You & Omar created such a wonderful event for your friends and family. I was so happy to be a small part of it! Surprise weddings FTW!