Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood Reviews

244 | Thurmont, MD

244 Reviews for Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood

Sarah · Married on 10/20/2017

My husband and I were married in the Pine Cathedral in October 2017. It was magical right down to every detail. Julie and Lexi eased every worry we had. Seriously, you could not ask for more. I have recommended ThorpeWood to all of my engaged friends and family, I hope to return one day as a guest to someone else's wedding.

Sent on 01/24/2018

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Hi Sarah: Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! It is so helpful for our business!! We hope that you don't wait too long to come back...book the Little Pond Cottage for a getaway!! Congratulations...it was a pleasure helping you plan your wedding celebration!!!

Laura · Married on 10/14/2017

We got married at Thorpewood in September and we have heard over and over again from our guests that this was one of the best, unique, and memorable weddings they have ever attended. Our guests raved about the beauty of the ceremony site (we were married in the Pine Cathedral), how unique Thorpewood’s lodge and Tree Room were for the reception, and the impeccable service they received from the Thorpewood staff throughout the day. It was, truly, a perfect day. We know this is largely due to all of the hard work that Julie, who coordinated our wedding, and her staff did to make it so effortlessly appear to be a seamless day. From our first visit to Thorpewood in January, Julie has been consistently available and timely to help us in any way we may have needed and we know that she worked hard throughout our wedding day to make it look so beautiful and easy. Speaking of beautiful, this venue is perfect for any couple who, like us, are not as detailed oriented – we had minimal decorations and were still complimented over and over about how beautiful everything looked. We cannot say enough wonderful things about Thorpewood and everyone who works here – we know our wedding was so memorable because of this venue!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Hey Laura!! Thanks so very much for this amazing review! We are so glad your day was memorable...for us too!!! Please keep in touch and send some photos when you get a few you love!!! Your very generous gratuity was very appreciated and shared with our amazing staff!! Congratulations to you and Curtis!!! :)

Janna · Married on 10/07/2017

Our daughter had her fairy tale wedding come true on October 7th, 2017. At first I was against a "destination" wedding - especially since I was doing all the flowers and decorations, but after they took me to the venue, I agreed it was perfect. Working with Julie was a delight! Her love for her job - 17 years doing this- and her degree of professionalism was well beyond a 5 star rating!! We can not sing her praises enough! Everything was beyond perfect, including the weather! Thank you Julie and supporting staff for enabling the dream wedding happen!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

It was a great day!! Thank you for choosing Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood. I so enjoyed working with you as you helped plan your daughter's fairy tale wedding. They are a wonderful couple!! Thanks Janna! Maybe we'll see you on December 9 at our Holiday Open House...it is well worth a trip up!! Hugs!!

Kira · Married on 10/07/2017

I fell in love with ThorpeWood just looking at photographs, but seeing the venue in person took my breath away. We worked with Julie, and she was superwoman. Having a day of coordinator saved my life (and my mother's); it made the event go beautifully and smoothly and took off so much stress. Julie and her team went above and beyond to make our day special from setting up the decorations, to coordinating ceremony decorations to reception decorations, making sure we were sticking to our timeline etc. Thank you Julie and team!!!!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Yay!! Makes us so happy that your day was stress free! That is always our goal!! Thank you for taking the time to write this review to share with others considering Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood. It was so wonderful meeting your family and friends. We certainly hope our paths will cross again and often! Congratulations!!

Greg · Married on 09/17/2017

We recently attended a fantasic wedding at Thorpewood. Being in the wedding party, we interacted with Julie alot and she was incredible. She even provided babysitters and activities for the kids during the ceremony, cocktail hour and party. The venue was beautiful and her team kept everything running very smooth and were so helpful to us too. The bride and groom were extremely happy with everything too. Hope to get invited to another wedding there!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thank you so much Greg! I went into another very busy week and weekend and didn't get a chance to thank you for this wonderful review until now! It was a fun day with lots of unique and happy elements! We were glad to be part of it!! it was a pleasure meeting you and your family!! All the best

Nina · Married on 09/17/2017

Thank you Julie and staff for planning and making my daughter's wedding GREAT!!! Julie, I am so thankful to you for the experience you gave us during our special day. Everyone enjoyed the wedding and location. It was beyond great! You have great work ethics and you know how to make things happen. Your event planning, knowledge of the venue, and recommendations, were priceless. THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thank you Nina! it was a pleasure working with you as you helped Rose and Rob planned their special day!! So happy that all worked out. Congratulations!!

Rob · Married on 09/17/2017

Somehow, without a wedding planner, and an engagement of just 3 and a half months, our wedding turned out to be one of the most beautiful, wonderful experiences of my life. I credit much of that to the support and help we got from the team at Mountain Memories. Julie was calm under pressure, incredibly helpful as a "day of" manager, and gave us great advice on vendors for flowers, deserts, food and more. Thank you Julie, and the rest of your team, for making our wedding such a wonderful moment for us, our families, and our friends.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Hi Rob and Rose! thanks so much Rob for this wonderful review and the wonderful photos!! It was such a fun day and we are so grateful that you chose Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood for this very special celebration!! Please keep in touch!! Congratulations!!!

Julie · Married on 09/08/2017

As soon as my now HUSBAND and I went toured with Lexi, we were AMAZED! This venue is not only stunning, but it was exactly what I was looking for! My enchanted wedding was nothing short of a fairy tale. We had the pleasure of working with Lexi which was truly a breeze. She was very organized, professional, and full of ideas! Thank you Lexi and Julie for making our big day so special. It was everything I dreamed of and more!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Yay!! All we want to hear after a couple has been married at ThorpeWood!! Thanks Julie for taking the time to share your experience and happy memories!! We take huge pride in taking great care of our couples....all clients!! Congratulations!!!!

Jenny · Married on 09/03/2017

Thorpewood is so incredibly gorgeous of a venue that that in itself deserves 5 stars. It is a huge property that has multiple beautiful options for the ceremony and perfect for pictures. You also get the venue for 8 hours so you don't have to feel rushed and have more flexibility on when things start. However, Thorpewood is made even more amazing by the team there. Lexi was my coordinator but I also worked with Julie. They are both so responsive, communicative, and experienced. Lexi gave me great ideas and feedback. She was also amazing the day of my wedding, keeping everything moving according to schedule. Everything about this venue is on point and I am so lucky to be able to have my wedding here. I literally cannot recommend them enough!!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Wow Jenny, what a wonderful review of your experience and day at ThorpeWood! We all enjoyed helping you prepare for your day...which was a beautiful day on the mountain. Thank you for taking the time to share!! We hope to see you again soon!!! Best wishes and congratulations!!!!

Jessica · Married on 08/12/2017

HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE. I was just a bride at Thorpewood in August and I can tell you it's as simple as that! Julie and Lexi are amazing and they walk you through the entire process from beginning to end - and they answered my millions of emails very quickly which alleviated all of my concerns and worries! The venue is naturally GORGEOUS - my guests were super impressed, and I truly couldn't have dreamed of a more romantic and beautiful setting. The staff is all very sweet and helpful, and very accommodating and flexible to meet your needs and desires. Julie even offered advice and decor tips to help create my perfect wedding and ran the day with no stress at all. My last piece of advice: GET YOUR DATE BOOKED! ;) Oh, and stay at the Little Pond Cottage. It's perfect.

Sent on 09/17/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Hi Jessica!! Thank you for this amazing review and endorsement of Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood!! We are so happy that your day was all that you hoped for and you felt your day was perfect! It was a pleasure!!! :)

Sarah · Married on 08/05/2017

My husband and I were married here in August 2017 and we are still in awe at the beauty and magic that day was for us. Julie was our coordinator, and I can't compliment her enough. She was organized, helpful, and extremely calm. She answered our questions prior to the day with promptness and gave extremely valuable advice to simplify the planning process. The day of, she was always two steps ahead of me taking care of small details that I was worried would be forgotten. We were married in the Pine Cathedral and despite being August, the weather was a cool 68 degrees. In the lodge, dinner was stunning and everyone loved the uniqueness of the tree room for cocktails and dancing. The venue is so beautiful that you do not need many decorations. For us, it was perfect to have the dancing in a space that allowed for alternative activities including smores, outdoor photobooth, and porch sitting. I'd recommend Thorpewood a hundred times over for anyone who is interested!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Hi Sarah!! Yay! I am so happy that you had the wedding celebration you hoped for!! That is our goal...always!! We look forward to seeing photos!! Congratulations!!!

Jenna · Married on 07/29/2017

The venue is absolutely breathtaking, and Julie and her team are amazing. They handled everything for us on the day of the wedding and I didn't have to worry at all! I couldn't have asked for more.

Sent on 11/04/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Hi Jenna!! It was a great day...love seeing your photos! We are so happy that your wedding day was all that you had hoped for!!! Thank you for choosing Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood.

Shaina · Married on 07/15/2017

My husband Chris and I just got married at Thorpewood mid-July. Everything about our wedding at ThorpeWood was incredible.. Our rehearsal went off without a hitch, and there was plenty of time to decorate. In fact, the ThorpeWood staff took extra time to take the extra decorations we had and used them throughout the site, which was awesome. On the wedding day, Julie took care of all of the details and we did not have to worry about a single thing all day. She is an incredible person who is very detail oriented and was able to coordinate everything effortlessly. In addition, they have so many different wedding sites to choose from, and the lodge for the reception is breathtaking. While many people danced, there was also a porch for grandparents to relax on, a large patio, a bonfire, and room for lawn games. This is THE PLACE to get married if you want a fun, beautiful, and unique wedding venue that is run by caring, engaging individuals.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Yay!! Thank you for such a wonderful review! It was such a fun day and we are so happy that you have great memories of a day you planned so well!! We look forward to seeing photos and to keeping in touch. All the best and congratulations!!

Elise · Married on 07/01/2017

Everyone at Thorpewood made our event special, and made sure everything went along nicely even though we had some hiccups with guest timing! They made it so we hardly noticed and we had the best time!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thanks Elise! Yours was a beautiful wedding and you looked like a princess! Charles was quite handsome too...your prince!! Thank you for choosing Mountain Memories for this special celebration!! Best wishes!!!

Michele · Married on 06/30/2017

Julie and Lexi were wonderful to work with. Professional, friendly and very experienced. Jake at Renaissance was very flexible and his servers provided very attentive service to my guests. Everyone raved about his food. And the venue was simply gorgeous. Beautiful nature, welcoming "lodge" that looks elegant in the evening candlelight, and efficient wedding coordination.

Sent on 07/16/2017

Mandy · Married on 06/24/2017

This is the most amazing, picturesque, and serene place to hold a wedding! The staff is perfect and who you want in charge on this important day! They were on top of every detail and took care of everything, making it a very stress free event! You will not regret holding your wedding or any other event here! And the pictures turned out amazing!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thank you Mandy!! We are so glad you could share it this very happy day for Dylan and Hannah!! See you soon!!

Sally · Married on 06/24/2017

Holey Moley, what a perfect venue for wedding, convention, meeting, retreat. After attending a wedding here, I felt I had been on vacation. Gorgeous! ... and they know how to do it right! Beautiful experience, staff was lovely and clearly enjoy doing what they do.... not cranky folks just wanting to be done with work.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thank you Sally! I know the family was so happy that you celebrated with this couple! So glad you enjoyed the day and evening!!!

Karen · Married on 06/24/2017

I attended the wedding of a dear family friend at ThorpeWood. From the moment we arrived, the entire evening was perfect. Parking was a breeze, with plenty of staff to guide us. The outdoor ceremony was beautifully staged - very intimate, but not at all crowded, the seating perfectly arranged for a beautiful view. Perfect small touches, like fruit infused water on our way to and from the ceremony, were everywhere and made the evening feel very elegant. The cocktail hour was held in a simple barn, but again, the decorations and food made for the perfect relaxed opportunity to visit with other guests while we awaited our invitation to head over to the reception. Again, the parking attendants were very visible and guided us along the way. The lodge (which is a sight to behold), where the reception was held, has floor to ceiling screened windows; with twinkle lights and simple floral centerpieces, it was like enjoying a fancy dinner in the woods with fireflies (and without the mosquitoes). The lodge was full, but it never felt crowded. Downstairs, we enjoyed the evening dancing and relaxing on the enormous screened porch. The fun bartenders and photo booth made it easy to for everyone to be silly, adults and kids alike. Lexi and the entire staff were available and attentive the entire night, but blended in perfectly; I got the sense that everyone knew exactly how and when to do everything and anticipated our needs with perfect timing. My crab cake was beautifully presented and tasted delicious, and although I'm not usually a fan of wedding cake, this one held its own as dessert. Hannah and Dylan had a storybook wedding, and ThorpeWood was an enchanted forest. Elegant and magical, without any of the stuffiness of your usual formal affair. I almost wish my husband and I weren't already married, just so we could do it here! There's always our children's weddings, right?

Sent on 07/30/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thanks Karen!! So happy the day is such a wonderful memory!! You mean the world to the family of Hannah and Dylan and we know they are so glad you were all there to share in the celebration!! If you ever want to renew your vows, we know a good spot!!

Jeff · Married on 06/24/2017

It is such a beautiful place for a wedding. The facilities were great. Service and food were awesome. Wedding on the grounds, reception in the barn, and dinner in the lodge. Everything was just done wonderfully. It was a great time by all.

Sent on 08/26/2017

Dianne · Married on 06/10/2017

Dear Julie and Staff,
    It’s been a week and I can’t stop thinking about what a fantastic celebration we had last Saturday.
    Mark and I would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for creating the perfect day for Rob and Jessica’s wedding. From start to finish everything was perfectly executed. Our family and friends cannot stop talking about what an exceptional time they had. Many have said it was the best wedding they have ever attended.
    You ordered up the perfect weather for a perfect day. The Pine Cathedral was just right with the light streaming through the trees but yet a cozy breeze made it so comfortable for a wonderful service. The lodge at ThorpeWood was spectacular with its rustic atmosphere, delicious food, drinks, music and friendly staff. It could not have been a better day, and we are so pleased the weather turned out so beautiful for family and friends to enjoy an evening on the lovely patio and grounds taking in the outside beauty of the Catoctin Mountains. The lodge was amazing and we appreciate your attention to every detail that created such an inviting atmosphere for our guests!
    Thank you again for everything. We highly recommend ThorpeWood to anyone looking to get married in this magnificent mountain retreat.
    Gratefully,
    Mark and Dianne Lloyd

Sent on 06/17/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/10/2017

My husband and I got married at ThorpeWood this June. It was a fantastic time. The staff was wonderful and made sure we had nothing to worry about, except enjoying our day. The grounds are stunning and allow multiple different places to have your ceremony, both inside and outside, which is a relief for every bride's worry about it raining on her big day. I would highly recommend Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood to anyone looking for a beautiful mountain wedding!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thanks Jessica!! It was a true pleasure working with you and Rob, and Dianne, to insure your wedding day was all you had hoped for!! Thank you for trusting us with you day!!! Hope to see you again soon!!

Robert · Married on 06/10/2017

5 stars for everything! My Wife, and I had the best day of our lives at Thorpewood for our wedding! The ceremony site was incredible. The opportunities for great pictures are everywhere.. the farm, the pond, the woods.. it was everything we could as for! The venue for the reception was amazing as well! Beautiful rustic building. Everyone commented on how nice the venue was.. My wife, and I are more than happy with our decision with Thorpewood. They exceeded our expectations! Thank you Mountain Memories at Thorpewood! We recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thanks Rob and Jess!! It was a great day. I am so glad that your mom and I have remained connected and we were all able to help you and Jess have the wedding of your dreams!! I hope that we will see you often!! Congratulations!!! Happy Trails!!

Sue · Married on 05/27/2017

Julie was fantastic!!! She was so helpful in working with my daughter and son-in-law to plan their wedding at Thorpewood. Her suggestions were excellent and her attention to detail was really appreciated. On the day of the wedding it was raining and not supposed to stop. The ceremony was to be outside. Julie checked the forecast all day and finally said she thought we should keep the ceremony outside because it looked like there would be a short break in the rain at the time of the ceremony. Her prediction was perfect and the rain stopped just long enough for every one to enjoy the ceremony outside!!! Everything was so very beautiful for the ceremony and the reception. Julie set up all the decorations that we brought and her expertise helped make the reception gorgeous!!! Many of our relatives and friends told us that this was the most beautiful and enjoyable wedding that they had attended. Some of our older relatives loved that they could sit and chat on the screened porch while the younger people enjoyed the music and dancing. Thanks to Julie, the wedding was beautiful, fun and a lasting wonderful memory.

Sent on 03/21/2018

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Hi Sue!! Thanks for you wonderful review on Shayna and Brian's wedding!! It was a very memorable day with the weather and having to make that decision for you. Took a little chance, but am so happy it worked out!! We are gearing up for our 2018 couples and your timing with this review is great!!! Big hugs and please keep in touch!!

Brenda · Married on 05/20/2017

I was a guest at a wedding in May. Thorpewood is rustic and charming yet elegant. My husband was in the wedding so I was included on most of the events of the wedding and was able to see firsthand the staff's attention to detail. I believe the coordinator for this event was Julie. She was very accommodating, very friendly and helpful and knew exactly what was going on. If you are looking for a "stress free" wedding and reception THIS IS THE PLACE TO HAVE IT.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

Thank you so much Brenda for taking the time to review us!! We are so glad you enjoyed the evening and appreciated all the care our staff has for couples and guests alike!!! It is a labor of love!!

Dawn · Married on 04/29/2017

There were many reasons why ThorpeWood stood out as the venue of choice for our wedding. We considered the beautiful setting, the dedicated partnership of Julie and her staff throughout the process, as well as ThorpeWood's support of important non-profit Organizations and environmentally responsible design. ThorpeWood is truly a special place. Simply walking the grounds, you'll feel the positive energy and sense of peace. (Just go for a visit and check it out for yourself!)
    Beyond the place, though, the people of ThorpeWood are what make it truly stand out as a premier wedding venue. From our first visit, we were made to feel welcome. Julie personally explained all of the services, amenities, and requirements for a wedding at ThorpeWood, and provided not only recommended vendors with whom she has had great experiences to help with our planning, but also expert guidance and advice to help make our day uniquely ours. Every member of the staff at ThorpeWood was gracious, kind, and welcoming on each of our visits!
    On the day of our wedding, there was a high possibility of storms, and we had planned an outdoor ceremony. Julie made several phone calls to us that morning, watched the weather radar, and helped us to make the decision to move our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all into the lodge. We still had a beautiful, comfortable and memorable event. Julie and her team took care of all of our decorations, made a point of knowing who key guests were/ who needed special assistance, coordinated all other vendors, deliveries, and services, and basically ensured that the only thing my husband and I would have to think about that day was one another and enjoying our day! Guests commented that this was one of the most beautiful weddings they'd ever attended, and my husband and I have amazing memories of a day that was made even more special by the sincere care and dedicated efforts of the entire team at ThorpeWood!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood's reply:

We are so excited when we receive such a glowing review!! Thank you Dawn and Darren!! Your wedding celebration was so well planned out...aren't you glad you didn't elope! :) We are!! Thanks for choosing Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood for this very special day....it was a pleasure meeting your family and friends!!