Monterey Marriott Reviews

23 | Monterey, CA

23 Reviews for Monterey Marriott

Ammi La Roque · Married on 12/28/2019

Superior service

They provide excellent service from start to finish.....

Sent on 12/30/2019

Lunel La Roque · Married on 12/28/2019

Top Notch service from start to finish

Beautiful place, wonderful staff and of course very helpful and caring Events Manager Collette Hemenway and Catering Sales Executive Nancy Zarate.

Sent on 01/01/2020

Nancy Franzen · Married on 07/18/2019

Outstanding!

Nancy, Jamie and the entire staff at the Monterey Marriott completely outdid our expectations for our daughter's wedding! They did not miss a detail! Everything was perfect! Our daughter had the wedding of her dreams, and we got to relax and enjoy it, because everything was perfect!

Sent on 08/04/2019

Patty · Married on 02/02/2019

Wedding at Monterey Marriott

We highly recommend Monterey Marriott for wedding venue. It has an amazing view of the coast so that you don't need to worry about bad weathers. The team is also amazing. Nancy and Jamie was always prompt to respond to our emails, and took care of all the details of the wedding. We didn't need to hire a coordinator because Jamie and Nancy did an amazing job organizing everything including on the day of the wedding. On the day of the wedding, the team took care of all little details such as proactively help change our sweetheart table flowers from a tall vase to a plate so the flowers didn't blocked people from seeing us, helped put out white aisle runner right before the ceremony so that guests won't step on it and make it dirty, helped grabbed vendor meals, etc etc. We could not be happier about the wedding venue and highly recommend to anyone considering Monterey Marriott. Thank you Nancy, Jamie, and the team!

Sent on 03/04/2019

The Monterey Marriott team could not have done it better!!!
    If we could get married every year...we would do it at the Monterey Marriott!

Sent on 04/23/2016

Christine · Married on 09/19/2015

From the beginning until the end, the Monterey Marriott was there for every step of the way to ensure that our wedding reception was a dream come true! Our wedding coordinator was accommodating, caring and flexible during our planning process and throughout the big day. We were thrilled with the level of professionalism of every Monterey Marriott staff member we encountered throughout our wedding process, from the service staff to the chef and our coordinator. Our hats off to the chef who made delicious entrees for our wedding guest. To this day, our guest still talk about the wonderful flavors of all the dishes, specifically the mushroom soup and the huge steaks served ! Thank you to the Monterey Marriott from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding day so special and memorable!!!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Lei · Married on 05/25/2014

I had my wedding on 5/25/2014 at the Ferrante's Ball Room of the Monterey Marriott hotel. The venue is absolutely breathtaking, with a panoramic view of the entire Monterey Bay. I had wanted to have an outdoor wedding, but later changed my mind because I didn’t want to take the risk of having the unpredictable weather of Monterey ruin my wedding experience. Ferrante’s gave me the same view without the chills of cold ocean winds, which was perfect. The hotel’s wedding package offered many services for free, such as a salon, champagne toast, cocktail reception’s hors d'oeuvre, etc. The hotel was also generous enough to offer me and my husband a complimentary stay in one of their presidential suites for the wedding night. I also wanted to give a shout out to my event planner Blanca Erban. I reached out to her last November and since then she has been following up with me constantly to remind me of the planning timelines and offer advices on vendor selections. She tried her best within her means to give me discounts on ceremony packages and finishing touches. She communicated with me and my husband efficiently on menu tasting, wedding themes, decorations, rehearsals, etc. and was always available whenever I needed her, even on the days that she’s out of office. I had specific designs for the decors for the arch, the chairs and the reception venue. I laid out my instructions and the decors in the salon for Blanca in the morning of wedding day and by noon everything was already arranged exactly as I had envisioned. Blanca literally read my mind. At the beginning of the ceremony, our DJ encountered some technical problems which delayed the start of the ceremony. Blanca was able to make necessary coordination to make sure that all proceedings can still go smoothly. She was there with us from the very start of the ceremony until the end of the dinner banquet. Her professionalism and attention to details are unparallele.Without her, my dream wedding would not have come true.

Sent on 05/30/2014

Mohit · Married on 07/04/2013

The Monterey Marriott is a charming hotel in the heart of downtown Monterey with easy access to area attractions. The hotel's helpful and professional staff worked with us well ahead of time to plan our rehearsal dinner and stay at the hotel. The hotel has a top floor room with commanding views of the bay on one side and the surrounding countryside on the other making it ideal to host our guests. We were also upgraded to a beautiful suite during our stay for the wedding compliments of the friendly event planners at the hotel - Amanda Mitchell and Blanca Erben. The menu was excellent with the hotel Chefs providing us with a delightful dinner. We had a great time staying at the hotel and throughly enjoyed our 4th of July wedding in truely American spirit. Both my husband and myself are thankful for the love and support shown to us by the staff at this hotel.

Sent on 09/20/2013

Kara · Married on 11/11/2012

Blanca was our marriott wedding coordinator, and she was very helpful! Blanca was such a pleasure to work with, she ensured that our marriott wedding was just as we dreamed and she gave us incredible references for the dj, and photographer. We were thinking of getting married at the Naval Postgraduate School since my husband is active duty, but that did not work and we were thrilled with the marriott and Blanca.

Sent on 11/20/2012

Jen · Married on 09/21/2012

Blanca was a really great planner! Everything went smoothly for our wedding and were so pleased with how everything turned out. She was on top of everything, every time. A+

Sent on 10/02/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/11/2012

We had multiple out of town guests and the Marriott was very accommodating. Service, planning and accommodations are all 5-star. Our planner, Blanca, was constantly in touch with me and made me feel at ease with everything. All I had to do was ask. She even came to my room to introduce herself after our numerous emails, I thought that was customer service- above and beyond. She even emailed me after to congratulate us. She really made our weekend wonderful.

Sent on 08/31/2012

Danielle · Married on 06/30/2012

The Marriott and it's staff, mainly Amanda and Michelle, were very professional and knowledgeable. They went above & beyond to make our wedding day special & memorable. I felt confident all the way through that things would go according to plan. The food and ambiance for the wedding along with the accommodations for our guests were the most important things to us and they were prefect. I can't stress enough how great the food was! (I still crave the mushroom bisque, butter lettuce salad with the oba basil vinaigrette and tomato dressing and parmesan crusted halibut.) They gave us access to the space before hand so our vendors had plenty of time to set up. I requested a certain chair in a certain color and they got it for me. Michelle even spent time decorating the dance floor, which I'm sure is well under her typical job duties. Any anniversary we are not flying away somewhere to celebrate, will be spent here. (We went to Europe this June to recreate our honeymoon.) We fully intend on having our 5 year &/or 10 year anniversary party at this Marriott.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Mary · Married on 11/05/2011

The Staff at the Marriott was kind, professional and went above and beyond to make sure our dream reception took place there. Our guests were amazed at the service and we still receive compliments to this day on the food and how their wine glasses were never empty. It was a gorgeous and memorable evening thanks to all the help of the Marriott!

Sent on 09/21/2013
  • stephanie

stephanie · Married on 09/10/2011

THIS is the place!!! I did lots and lots of research on a different venus, esp with my budget and let me tell you i hit the jack pot with the Monterey Marriott. Im not the richest lady in the world,(nor is my hubby) my parents arent wealthy either so being on budget was really important to us, as well as location & service. Lindsay Bays is the sales rep for Monterey Marriott and she did everything in her power to work with my budget! she made my dreams come true! after i signed the contract, Tara Quashnick was assigned to be my event manager, and let me tell you she was soo pleasant :) and very very easy to work with.She would always answered my emails, never ever left me hanging. As a new bride i had many questions and changes and she was more then happy to help me. SO let me jus tell you that my Ceremony was at Berwick Park over looking the pacific ocean!! Monterey Marriott has ceremony packages and they do all the permit paper work from the city so i didnt have to worry about any of that. My ceremony was picture perfect!!! MY reception was at the Ferrantes Room at the MOnterey Marriott...it was on the 10th floor with nothing but windows all around the room! over looking the beautiful town of downtown Monterey, fishermans warf and the of course the ocean!!! ALL my guest were soo amazed on how beautiful this room was! NOw let me tell you about the food!! OMG the food is the BOMB! boneless short rib that just melt in your mouth! yum!!! and also a choice of a chicken plate which was also yummy! Our guest were amazed! EVEN before the main course we had some appitzers for cocktail hour and everyone was pleased! THE SHrimp with the truffel oil and Palenta was to DIE FOR!! my husband (awww my husband now ) doesnt like seafood but he ate up all his shrimp! they were soo fat! they looked like chubby legs :). ALL the staff at Monterey Marrioitt was sooo friendly and accomedating they took care of us and all our guest! whatever they needed they helped them! Everyone from the employees working the front desk, to the bellman, to the door men, to valet workers, to housekeeping...everyone was sooo friendly to all of us. MY guest were soo amazed! alot of my guest had traveled a long ways to attend my wedding and they had no hassels with anything. Tara had upgraded me to a suite and all i can say is WOW! i was able to have my bridesmaids join me in the morning for some champagne and snacks out by the patio just enjoying the day. P>S. if your looking for a Rehearsal dinner venue and dont have allot of money to spend, you should have it at Characters Sports Bar located in the Marriott on the same floor as the lobby. James was soo accomadating he even set up the WII station in the corner for the kids and it worked out great! while the adults were mingling, the kids were occupied. We had lots and lots of finger foods but there was soo much of it that we were able to even offer food to outof town guest and we STILL had food left over. They even had little bowls of chicken ceasar salad, some pasta for some of our guest who wanted more of a MEAL then just finger foods. THe atmosphere was truely amazing!! i will post some pics of my ceremony, reception & rehearsal dinner. I was never ever stressed or worried about anything!! MONTEREY MARRIOTT RULES!!!!! :) THEY MADE MY WEDDING A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!

Sent on 09/13/2011
  • Ethan

Ethan · Married on 05/29/2011

We had our wedding reception at the Ferrantes room in May of 2011.
    It's an excellent place to have a reception.
    Everyone loved the view and the food was amazing.
    (Even the bride's French family loved it, and that's saying something :).)
    They were really flexible in accommodating what we wanted, including special requests.
    Tara, our wedding coordinator, did an excellent job and was very professional.
    Everything was extremely well organized and went off without a hitch.
    We would recommend the Marriott to anyone.

Sent on 12/25/2011

Stephanie · Married on 04/30/2011

Sent on 09/13/2011
  • David

David · Married on 11/25/2010

Do not think twice about having your reception at the Monterey Marriott! The venue we had booked pulled out 2 weeks before our wedding. We called the Marriott to check their availability (our wedding was scheduled for Thanksgiving Day) and they invited us in the same day we called and worked out all of the details for our reception. All of special cultural requests were taken care of without any issue. We were brought back in for a tasting within a few days (remember the wedding was only 2 weeks away) and the food was incredible. During our tasting the chef came out and treated us to a special meal that wasn’t on the wedding menu (boneless ribs...we went with it for the wedding). Michelle, Amanda and staff met our every need above our expectations. We dropped of the personal items for the reception the morning of and were completely blown away by the presentation of the reception room when we returned from our beach wedding in Carmel. We had to completely rely on the Marriot to put together a reception in less than 2 weeks and it turned out better than we had planned from the very beginning. The Marriott has a working relationship with the vendors in the area and do not force you to pick from a list if you want someone from out of Monterey. What was turning out to be a nightmare event became the perfect wedding day for my wife and I, thanks to the experienced staff at the Marriott.

Sent on 01/23/2011

Kim · Married on 06/12/2010

After months of searching for the perfect ceremony and reception site in Monterey, CA we came upon the Monterey Marriott's Ferrante's ballroom at the top of the Marriott. They had a great package for ceremony set up at the Memory Gardens in historic Monterey where we were planning to have our ceremony in the first place. The services of the Marriott and especially their coordinator Tara Quashnick were all that my new husband and I could ask for. The room, food, and service were amazing! We had a blast partying with the beautiful view of the Monterey Bay. We highly recommend the Monterey Marriott for a wedding reception and ceremony set up at the Memory Gardens.

Sent on 08/28/2010

Laura · Married on 08/31/2013

The entire Marriott staff was wonderful! They honored the prices for beverages that we had signed the contract with, despite the fact that they increased by the time the wedding happened. Amanda and Blanca, the event manager and the wedding coordinator, were very attentive and made sure that all of our requests were taken care of. Blanca also managed to upgrade the wedding night room accommodations for me, my parents, and the groom's parents! All of the wait staff during the reception were very professional, too.

Sent on 09/27/2013

The Monterey Marriott, located in downtown Monterey, is a beautiful venue in a perfect location! Guests could enjoy the activities of downtown/wharf/ocean before the reception began which was important to me since guests had 2.5 hours down-time. Marriott personnel (Blanca and Amanda) were a SINCERE joy to work with. They were very responsive to my questions and easy/flexible to work with. Food was fantastic (we appreciate the chef's flexibility) and the honeymoon suite upgrade was UNBELIEVABLE (thank you, Blanca)! We also appreciated the free valet parking for the bride/groom and the champagne/strawberries in the honeymoon suite (thank you, Blanca).

The only reasons why I didn't give the Marriott 5 stars is because

1) Reception personnel were not informed to bring out bottles of wine for each table leaving the guests wondering if wine was to be served. It wasn't until just before dinner that the reception staff accommodated...a simple miscommunication.

2) Although bottles of wine were included in the reception dinner, we were not allowed to keep any remaining unopened bottles even though we had paid for them.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend the Monterey Marriott as a reception venue. Our guests continue to rave about the reception/food and we are still flying high from the event!

I did a lot of research on various venues in the area (evaluating ~10 other venues) and given the location/price/service, felt the Marriott provided the best value for our budget.

Thank you, Monterey Marriott!!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Laura · Married on 08/25/2012

If you are looking for great food and a spectacular view, the Monterey Marriott Ferrantes Bay View Room is your place! Our coordinator Blanca was a pleasure to work with. The service, the facility, everything was excellent. Guests loved the food. The Marriot went above and beyond to make this wedding really special.

Sent on 09/01/2012

Teresa · Married on 11/11/2012

We felt that the platinum package was overpriced but since it came with an absolutely wonderful service from both managers, Amanda Mitchell and Blanca Erben, and all the staff we did not mind paying more.The food was delicious, the venue perfect, and very much welcomed by the wedding party. it was a great fun for our wedding guests to be housed by Marriott, so very comfortable, elegant and friendly.
    We were glad that in our search for the best venue to hold the wedding we came upon Monterey Marriott.
    Thank you all.

Sent on 09/27/2013

2.4
      2.0
      2.5
      2.0
      3.0
      3.0

PROS:
    (1) The Monterey Marriott has beautiful view of the beach, large spacious room, big hotel
    (2) The bridal suite is spacious enough to have a large bridal party + flower girl all getting ready
    (3) The food at the wedding is pretty good.
    CONS:
    (1) Don't be fooled, the package price does not include drinks. So if you get the platinum package ($105/person) which includes 1 hour of bar service - what it doesn't say is that the other five hours your guests get water. Unless you get a drink package ($8 &up per hour per person), which adds up pretty quickly. This was not communicated to us until the end.
    (2) The tax is taxed! There is a 22.5% service tax + a 7.5% sales tax. The hidden part is that the wedding amount is taxed (let's say $10,000 * 1.225 = $12,250) and then that amount is taxed ($12,250 * 1.075 = $13,168). Again, this was also not communicated to us.
    (3) The rooms are extremely expensive ($220+ was our guest rate) and it doesn't include breakfast or anything extra... not even for the bride!
    (4) Parking is $24 for the day because they only have Valet parking. However, it is not included in the room price, which they don't tell you. Not even for the bride.
    (5) The Ferrante's room is pretty dark, so the photographer had to put up back lighting.

Overall, we did not like thousands of dollars in hidden fees that were incurred. I would not recommend this place UNLESS you have a huge budget.

Sent on 09/16/2014